Cornellverse Australia???

I had to leave NZ to move to Perth in Australia because we didn't even have electricity in NZ.. serious! AND I couldn't deal with all the hobbits and elves messing up my lawn. Now its just me, some kangaroo butlers and koala bear friends hanging out with shrimp on my barbie! OK? now we are done with the stereotypes... NZ really shouldn't be part of Australia in game, its very offensive to us Kiwi's out there!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=TheKiwiOne;432464]OK? now we are done with the stereotypes... NZ really shouldn't be part of Australia in game, its very offensive to us Kiwi's out there![/QUOTE] Tell you what, as soon as New Zealand contributes something to the wrestling world more significant than the Bushwackers, I'll rename the game area to "Australia and New Zealand". That OK? Or I might just replace it entirely with Tasmania just to mess with you. I don't know, it really depends how I'm feeling at the time.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;432477]Tell you what, as soon as New Zealand contributes something to the wrestling world more significant than the Bushwackers, I'll rename the game area to "Australia and New Zealand". That OK? Or I might just replace it entirely with Tasmania just to mess with you. I don't know, it really depends how I'm feeling at the time.[/QUOTE] Can we just call the whole mess down there Bob and be done with it. At least I'll know what you mean and that's all that really matters now isn't it :)

[QUOTE=Rathen4;432484]I can't seem to find a future promotion that would start in Australia. Is this correct? 1 for the whole game area might get a bit boring![/QUOTE] You can always start your own... It's a new game area anyway, it's going to be built up over time. There's still a number of new characters to be added.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;432488]You can always start your own... It's a new game area anyway, it's going to be built up over time. There's still a number of new characters to be added.[/QUOTE] Yeah that's cool, I just wondered if I was being dense and couldn't spot it in the editor.

Just rename the entire region "The Global Prison" or "Convicts R Us" and be done with it! :p I'm obviously just kidding... trying to lighten the mood :o I started using APW in the trial but got annoyed with not being able to edit their Product to what I wanted, so instead created my own promotion to compete with them. Signed up The Comedian and re-packaged him as Cade Broxham [first name taken from a list of popular Australian boys' names; second name from a fringe player in the Aussie football squad] and started pushing him as my top face, similar to Stone Cold. He's feuding with Nathan McKenzie, repackaged as Mac Nathans from the mean streets of Sydney... not sure if Sydney has mean streets but it sounded good. It was that or Melbourne but I have the Melbourne Blondes already. Debonair David Peterson has been repackaged as Lucan, who is loyal to the Queen and the Commonwealth, along with his lackeys Frankie Robertson [as Robson] and my user character and their manager Sean Quartermainne. They are feuding with Harry Simonsen and The Melbourne Blondes, who are Aussie loyalists [and so get cheap pops :p] Elsewhere, I'm pushing Alyx Macquarie because his "Rebel" gimmick got an A*. Also trying to make Whirlwind Lee Wilkes less boring and bland than his profile suggests by making him do all kinds of crazy stunts to launch my Hardcore division. Big Daddy Horne is helping to get those two over, despite sucking. Crime Wave, The Rising Suns and The S&M Connection are helping flesh out my tag division, though none a really all that talented. Fuzzy Freeman and Bill [Lanny] Williams are feuding for my Australian Championship, and Swoop McCarthy hosts his own chat show. Add to that a host of make-weights like Dingo Devine and New Zealand Pit Bull, and you have a pretty interesting promotion IMO. Anyone else been testing out the new-found land?

[QUOTE=Slim Jim;432953]Just rename the entire region "The Global Prison" or "Convicts R Us" and be done with it! :p I'm obviously just kidding... trying to lighten the mood :o I started using APW in the trial but got annoyed with not being able to edit their Product to what I wanted, so instead created my own promotion to compete with them. Signed up The Comedian and re-packaged him as Cade Broxham [first name taken from a list of popular Australian boys' names; second name from a fringe player in the Aussie football squad] and started pushing him as my top face, similar to Stone Cold. He's feuding with Nathan McKenzie, repackaged as Mac Nathans from the mean streets of Sydney... not sure if Sydney has mean streets but it sounded good. It was that or Melbourne but I have the Melbourne Blondes already. Debonair David Peterson has been repackaged as Lucan, who is loyal to the Queen and the Commonwealth, along with his lackeys Frankie Robertson [as Robson] and my user character and their manager Sean Quartermainne. They are feuding with Harry Simonsen and The Melbourne Blondes, who are Aussie loyalists [and so get cheap pops :p] Elsewhere, I'm pushing Alyx Macquarie because his "Rebel" gimmick got an A*. Also trying to make Whirlwind Lee Wilkes less boring and bland than his profile suggests by making him do all kinds of crazy stunts to launch my Hardcore division. Big Daddy Horne is helping to get those two over, despite sucking. Crime Wave, The Rising Suns and The S&M Connection are helping flesh out my tag division, though none a really all that talented. Fuzzy Freeman and Bill [Lanny] Williams are feuding for my Australian Championship, and Swoop McCarthy hosts his own chat show. Add to that a host of make-weights like Dingo Devine and New Zealand Pit Bull, and you have a pretty interesting promotion IMO. Anyone else been testing out the new-found land?[/QUOTE] Slim, that promotion is just screaming for you to write a dynasty. :)

Along time ago, for TEW04, I made a mod called BeyondTheMat, which added alot of stuff to Australia, Europe and the UK (Promotions, People, etc). I've just done a quick convert from stuff I had planned to do for TEW07 ALONG time ago, so while the promotions aren't set to Australia, a few clicks will have them back in place. Strangely,a Phoenix Wrestling Company (It is a cool name) has now appeared in the Official game since then, so you might want to rename Phoenix Wrestling in the BTM data. Included are all the information files I've used in the past too, so there's plenty of 'history' in there to read if you want to. THIS INFORMATION IS FREE TO MOD/USE [URL="http://files.filefront.com/BTM07Importrar/;10508080;/fileinfo.html"]BTMImport07[/URL]

[QUOTE=Slim Jim;432953]Just rename the entire region "The Global Prison" or "Convicts R Us" and be done with it! :p I'm obviously just kidding... trying to lighten the mood :o I started using APW in the trial but got annoyed with not being able to edit their Product to what I wanted, so instead created my own promotion to compete with them. Signed up The Comedian and re-packaged him as Cade Broxham [first name taken from a list of popular Australian boys' names; second name from a fringe player in the Aussie football squad] and started pushing him as my top face, similar to Stone Cold. He's feuding with Nathan McKenzie, repackaged as Mac Nathans from the mean streets of Sydney... not sure if Sydney has mean streets but it sounded good. It was that or Melbourne but I have the Melbourne Blondes already. Debonair David Peterson has been repackaged as Lucan, who is loyal to the Queen and the Commonwealth, along with his lackeys Frankie Robertson [as Robson] and my user character and their manager Sean Quartermainne. They are feuding with Harry Simonsen and The Melbourne Blondes, who are Aussie loyalists [and so get cheap pops :p] Elsewhere, I'm pushing Alyx Macquarie because his "Rebel" gimmick got an A*. Also trying to make Whirlwind Lee Wilkes less boring and bland than his profile suggests by making him do all kinds of crazy stunts to launch my Hardcore division. Big Daddy Horne is helping to get those two over, despite sucking. Crime Wave, The Rising Suns and The S&M Connection are helping flesh out my tag division, though none a really all that talented. Fuzzy Freeman and Bill [Lanny] Williams are feuding for my Australian Championship, and Swoop McCarthy hosts his own chat show. Add to that a host of make-weights like Dingo Devine and New Zealand Pit Bull, and you have a pretty interesting promotion IMO. Anyone else been testing out the new-found land?[/QUOTE] =O your joking right....crazily similar to what i did. Swoop McCarthy with a talk show, Debonair David Peterson, Lanny Williams and his manager as a loyalists to the queen...and melbourne blondes being the aussie loyalists. It's helping them get over massively in mine. Nathan "The Redfern Roughian" Mac and Harry Simonson are fueding it out over the top title...my user character is teaming with Alyx Maquarie as Degeneration (hey...D-X never happened in the cornellverse so whatever, ill take credit) and in a fued with a heel Rising Sun (who are currently playiung up their japanese heritage in a throwback to world war two) All within the confines of the AWE ring (Australian Wrestling Entertainment)

[QUOTE=TheEdgeOfReason;432998]I don't see why there is such a fuss. I don't care that Ireland is defined as part of the UK. Infact, I rather that than it being in europe. Just roll with it and be glad NZ is in the game.[/QUOTE] Amen. Its great to have NZ here at last. Now I just need to add some more NZ, Tongan & Samoan wrestlers and my Kiwi Wrestling Federation is all set. Besides no one has touched on another problem, if the region was called Oceania what flag would be used?! Its not like Europe with the EU flag nice and handy. (but then again I'd also like to see S.Korea added as a region of Japan so obviously i'm heavy on the Gameplay>Realism side of things)

Guest The Aussie
[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;432477] Or I might just replace it entirely with Tasmania just to mess with you. I don't know, it really depends how I'm feeling at the time.[/QUOTE] You win at everything with that line

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;432477]Tell you what, as soon as New Zealand contributes something to the wrestling world more significant than the Bushwackers, I'll rename the game area to "Australia and New Zealand". That OK? Or I might just replace it entirely with Tasmania just to mess with you. I don't know, it really depends how I'm feeling at the time.[/QUOTE] I know you're joking dude, but seriously, New Zealand DOES have a wrestling legacy beyond the Bushwhackers as we've reminisced about already. Tasmania? Could you imagine if Jim Force had illegitimate off spring down there? FEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL THEEEEE FFOORRRRCEEE but only with two heads instead of one.

Guest The Aussie
[QUOTE=tristram;433528]I know you're joking dude, but seriously, New Zealand DOES have a wrestling legacy beyond the Bushwhackers as we've reminisced about already. Tasmania? Could you imagine if Jim Force had illegitimate off spring down there? FEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL THEEEEE FFOORRRRCEEE but only with two heads instead of one.[/QUOTE] I'd like to think that Tasmania is a little more inbred than just having two heads.

Archived