Strange events so far '08

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I simmed out a full year using the Auto Advancer (took about 30-45 minutes), here's what I found so far. WLW has had a MONSTER 2008. They've had no show less then a C (and mostly B ratings), 18 A rated shows, and are now national in Japan. In the Popularity rankings, it's still SWF/TCW 1-2 (Both as Global companies), but the next few spots are all Japan... 3rd PGHW (National) 4th WLW (National) 5th BHOTWG (National) 6th GCG (Cult) 7th INSPIRE (Cult) 8th 5SSW (Cult) Awards: Wrestler of the Year: Yosuke Narita (Awesome Thunder), of WLW who wrestled 86 times on the year (52 wins, 34 defeats), 16 of his matches were rated as A* Young Wrestler of the Year: Magnum KOBE (WLW), who also wrestled 86 times on the year (62 wins, 1 draw, 23 defeats). Started the year wrestling C level and even one or two D+ matches, but starting in April, got pushed to the main event and exploded. Had 9 A* matches Veteran Wrestler of the Year: Dark EAGLE (yes, WLW again), 63 wins, 3 draws, 22 defeats, at 43 years old, had great matches with Thunder, KOBE and Hell Monkey. 9 A* matches Female Wrestler of the Year: Sensational Ogiwara (5SSW), 46 wins, 24 losses, had one A* win match, a loss to Kit Hatoyama Promotion of the Year: Supreme Wrestling Federation. Top dog in the world still, had a steady stream of good if not great cards. Most Improved Promotion of the Year: If you guessed anything but WLW from the notes above.. smack yourself. Talk about coming out of nowhere! Match of the Year: There were a ton of A* matches to choose from, but the award went to the match between Johnny Bloodstone and Jeremy Stone, at NOTBPW Championship Wrestling in January. Show of the Year: PGHW's Night of COURAGE, featuring the Elite Tag Team Series Championship, an 8 team one night tournament that was won by Team Dynasty 2000 over Dread & Holmes in the finals. Other interesting stuff: Sean McFly probably made the biggest jump, only wrestling once in the first four months for NOTBPW, (an A* tag match), he made the jump to TCW, got granted an IMMEDIATE title shot, against Tommy Cornell. Didn't win it in May, but in October, only five months into his TCW career, defeated Cornell for the title, and is the reigning champion. Average Rating: A, and 13 of his 23 matches in 2008 have been A* Yoshimi Mushashibo is now the four time PGHW Glory Crown Champion, having defeated Mito Miwa for the title. Li Bingci holds the INSPIRE King of Fighters Title, after defeating Raul Hughes. The WLW Universal Title's Prestige has grown to A* after the year WLW had, and has changed hands four times in 2008, as (in order) Emerald ANGEL, The Great Hisato, Awesome Thunder, Hell Monkey, and Dark EAGLE have all owned the belt.

Woah! We have ch-ch-changes in Canada, as of Jan 1, 2009 Jack DeColt, 5 time CGC World Champion, 5 time CGC World Tag Team Champion, has left CGC and is currently unemployed. (in my game) edit: Yeah, I'm shocked as hell. I'm an observer in the game, but I was tempted to form a canadian fed, and immediately sign him if I could! :)

[QUOTE=SirFozzie;434843]Woah! We have ch-ch-changes in Canada, as of Jan 1, 2009 Jack DeColt, 5 time CGC World Champion, 5 time CGC World Tag Team Champion, has left CGC and is currently unemployed. (in my game) edit: Yeah, I'm shocked as hell. I'm an observer in the game, but I was tempted to form a canadian fed, and immediately sign him if I could! :)[/QUOTE] I would have loled if he went to NOTBPW

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;434900]I would have loled if he went to NOTBPW[/QUOTE] I simmed through Jan 1 2010, and I'll post more fun stuff in a bit, but increasing the DeColt saga... He didn't go anywhere till July (forgot to check if he was injured, but he's 100%).. when he went to.. RIPW.That's right, Rhode Island Pro Wrestling. (he was signed by SWF and sent down of course) He wrestled once in RIPW, and then came up to SWF, where he's 1-5 there. But SWF like him. So much, they attempted to sign Alex DeColt (as did MAW). But Alex stayed loyal to CGC (gee, be a national star in Canada, or a jobber in America.. choices, choices)

Ok, Jan 1 2010 update [B] Wrestler of the Year: Sean McFly (15 defenses of the TCW World Heavyweight Championship from October 2008-May 2009)[/B] They've let him boost some folks in the upper midcard, but it was a totally awesome year for McFly (pun intended), He wrestled 33 times (20 wins, 13 losses). and 20 of them were A* matches. [B] Young Wrestler Of The Year: Greg Gauge (no titles)[/B] That's right, the son of the legendary Sam Keith exploded overseas in 2009. He had wrestled three times in BHOTWG in 2008, and toured with INSPIRE to start 2009, before signing a written deal with Golden Canvas Grappling, and by the end of the year, had numerous attempts to win the GCG World Heavyweight Title. While he's fallen short each time so far, (Pistol Pete Hall seems to have his number), he's still had a great year (57 matches in 2009, 28 wins, 28 losses, 1 draw), and 12 A* matches. [B]Veteran Wrestler of the Year: Haruki (Hooded) Kudo (BHOTWG) (no titles in 2009)[/B] 46 years old and running strong, Kudo wrestled 31 times in BHOTWG (20 wins, 9 losses, 2 Draws) and came close a couple times to adding to his history with a Burning World Championship, but was unable to make the final step. He had 6 A* matches on the year [B]Female Wrestler of the Year: Sensational Ogiwara (5SSW) (Current 5 Star World Champion, 4 defenses)[/B] Ogiwara defended her title as the best women's wrestler in the world. She may be 38, but she's not slowing down, wrestling SIXTY SEVEN times on the year (48 wins, 2 draws, 17 defeats). She even had a A* match against Joanne Rodriguez. She is now a 9 time 5 Star World title holder, having defeated Rodriguez for the title in December of 2009. [B]Promotion of the Year: SWF[/B] 2nd time running. They made the controversial move to put the SWF World Title on Lobster Warrior in October, and have had no ill effects so far. They put on 9 A rated shows in 2009. [b]Most Improved Promotion of the Year:North of the Border Professional Wrestling[/b] 2009 May be described as the year that NOTBPW made "the Jump", as they are now Internationally known (although since they are now locked in a National Battle with both SWF/TCW, that Jump may turn into a stumble). They had 5 A rated shows on the year. It will be interesting to see what happens. [b]Match of the Year: John Maverick Defeats Johnny Bloodstone, NOTBPW[/b] Again the winner is an A* match held in January, by NOTBPW. I think this is glitched (this is the 2nd year in a row a Monday/Week 1 match won Match of the Year), but hey, NOTBPW have had a great year, so I may be wrong. [b]Show of the Year: CGC Decimation Tour (Monday show), Monday, Week 3, October[/b] An A rated show with four A rated or better matches, the main event saw Eisaku Hoshino and Matthew Keith defeat the team of Gakusha and Kuroki.

The top 10 Feds as we enter 2010: #1 SWF (Global) (no change) #2 TCW (Global) (No change) #3 WLW (National) (+1 from 2009) #4 BHOTWG (National) (+1 from 2009) #5 GCG (National) (+1 from 2009) #6 PGHW (National) (-3 from 2009) #7 INSPIRE (Cult) (Even) #8 5SSW (National) (even) #9 USPW (Cult) (Even) #10 NOTBPW (International) (Even) [b]Stars, the next generation[/b] Eddie Cornell: The younger cousin of Tommy Cornell, doesn't have the name value of his cousin as of yet, he's wrestling in 21st Century Wrestling in Britain. He's their champion however. Greg Gauge: Well, if you read the section above, you'll know that Gauge might be even better then his dad eventually, if his first full year is any indication. Matthew Gauge: He goes by Matthew Keith, and also wrestles in GCG. He wrestled 59 times in GCG and averaged an A rating, at one point having 8 A* matches in 11 matches. He even held the GCG Openweight Championship, making 17 defenses of the title before losing it right before the new year.

[b]Title Roulette[/b] Tadayuki Kikkawa is now a three time King of Fighters Champion, beating Li Bingci in February, (in Bingci's swan swong with INSPIRE before joining CGC) losing it in July to Tasauku Iesada, in July, and winning it back from him in November. In what has to probably be the LEAST defended title, Frankie Perez (who tours in Japan as "Kill Switch") and Remmy Skye are approaching three years as the CZCW Tag Team Champions. However, that doesn't count for much, in all of 2008, and 2009, Perez's Japan tours meant that they've only defended the title four times in two years. [b]Growing, and Growing...[/b] MAW are now a regional promotion.. and they have a long time tag team championship reign of their own to brag about, as the team of Oscar Golden and Flash Savage have held the titles since June 2007, but they've at least made 11 defenses in the last two years. However, the Ripper has gotten away from pushing the youngsters in some ways, Warlord Power is their MAW champion.. 0_o FCW, based out of Puerto Rico, have also made it to the Regional level.. can they continue to expand to the mainland? Mexican Hardcore Wrestling has opened up in Jan 2010.

[QUOTE=SirFozzie;434983][b]Match of the Year: John Maverick Defeats Johnny Bloodstone, NOTBPW[/b] Again the winner is an A* match held in January, by NOTBPW. I think this is glitched (this is the 2nd year in a row a Monday/Week 1 match won Match of the Year), but hey, NOTBPW have had a great year, so I may be wrong.[/QUOTE] Maybe it always takes the first A* match of the year? Which would suck, but still..

i started my own womens fed called WOW which is so much fun...i booked and angle at my first show where nina the psycho ballerina discovered that something was stolen from her locker.....after the show was finished i had a decision to make...it was that nina was angry that paige croft had stolen something of hers...i had to giver her discipline so i gave her the fatherly approach.....she said it was only a prank and that she was sorry...i found this either a very large coincidence or is this a new feature to the game that angles are linked to the daily happenings??

Now that's amazing coincidence :D Nice.. In my game PGHW released Art Reed and Bryan Holmes :O Guys with massive potential and skills.. weird. I guess they don't look to the future so much; Both guys have low popularity in Japan..

[QUOTE=SirFozzie;434983][B]Promotion of the Year: SWF[/B] 2nd time running. They made the controversial move to put the SWF World Title on Lobster Warrior in October, and have had no ill effects so far. They put on 9 A rated shows in 2009.[/QUOTE] Lobster Warrior is the World Champ? Really? Freakin' awesome! He is one of my favorite CornellVerse guys. Must be my love for lobsters. They're so cute, the little buggers.:cool:

[QUOTE=sabataged;435361]Its not really strange but it sure took me off guard. When Officer McFly won wrestler of the year for TCW.[/QUOTE] I love the last line of Officer McFly's bio: "For some reason, he's now been stuck with a police man gimmick. Who's booking this crap?" :p

Not so much strange as it is wonderfully annoying. In AAA, every backstage incident has involved Farrah Hesketh causing trouble. First I gave her a stern, profession warning, next the riot act, then last chance, and yet every month she seems to cause trouble. Lucky for me I'd already hired a replacement colour commentator, but thought I'd give her the benefit of the doubt and see if she could curb her naughty ways. The kicker is she had fairly good chemistry with the Announcer Mitch Naess, and her replacement Adrian Garcia. But typically she caused trouble once again, so FIRED!!!

Archived