Strange events so far '08

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok. Found one tonight. Was doing a run with EWA, and at the end of week 1 the owner Byron got into a fight with Frank De Pain. Next day I had 2 new goals. [B]Frank De Pain must not gain any more popularity in Europe Frank De Pain must not gain any further momentum.[/B] Byron was feeling a bit nasty.

[QUOTE=mvargus;434038] [B]Frank De Pain must not gain any more popularity in Europe. Frank De Pain must not gain any further momentum.[/B][/QUOTE] If you fire Frank, do those go away? If not, do you fail the goal if another promotion in Europe pushes him to the moon?:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=mvargus;434038]ok. Found one tonight. Was doing a run with EWA, and at the end of week 1 the owner Byron got into a fight with Frank De Pain. Next day I had 2 new goals. [B]Frank De Pain must not gain any more popularity in Europe Frank De Pain must not gain any further momentum.[/B] Byron was feeling a bit nasty.[/QUOTE] I quite like that. Shows the new personality element of the game in action. Wonder what the fight was about. Maybe it was to do with De Pain looking at the floor for his roster photo. Or getting a gimmicked up alt that his partner Ruud Van Anger wasn't invited to the photoshoot for! Anyway, there's your enhancement talent set for the next couple of years!

I've had this custom injury in the game since I started playing 07, but in testing out a database in 08... [IMG]http://www.ice.org.nz/angledeath.jpg[/IMG] Oddly enough this was in a match where he beat AJ Styles, rated A. The previous week (Monday Week 1 January!) he got an A* from beating Abyss. Is it just me or is it a little weird that A* matches are going on so early? I mean, the threshold is 99.1%-100% now...

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;434057]Oddly enough this was in a match where he beat AJ Styles, rated A. The previous week (Monday Week 1 January!) he got an A* from beating Abyss. Is it just me or is it a little weird that A* matches are going on so early? I mean, the threshold is 99.1%-100% now...[/QUOTE] That's amazing thing? How about getting an A* match between Angle and Abyss?

[QUOTE=TheJoshRollins;434062]That's amazing thing? How about getting an A* match between Angle and Abyss?[/QUOTE] If you're willing to compare TEW to actual wrestling, just know that AJ Styles and Abyss have great chemistry and have put on four-star matches before...

[QUOTE=Marcel Fromage;434054]I quite like that. Shows the new personality element of the game in action. Wonder what the fight was about. Maybe it was to do with De Pain looking at the floor for his roster photo. Or getting a gimmicked up alt that his partner Ruud Van Anger wasn't invited to the photoshoot for! Anyway, there's your enhancement talent set for the next couple of years![/QUOTE] What was sad was that I was setting up to push Frank to the moon, and he had to go and foul it up. I ended up going out and bringing in "The Turtle Package" - Arthur Turtle, to build up to eventually replace Frankie boy. Meanwhile, Frank and Ruud went down in 1v1 matches to Puffy and Poppa and would (if I had a 2nd month) drop the tag titles in the next show. :p One thing that did suck is that EWA has the worst locker room I've found so far. Not one positive personality in the bunch, and they started with 4 problems. Bam Bam - poisonous, source of constant tension Stetson Hatt - normally involved in any friction backstage Joan Evans - can occasionally start arguments backstage Mark Stanford - can occasionally cause arguments backstage. I feel very lucky that I had no conflict at the first show I ran.

While playing a test NYCW game in the demo, Stomper's goals brought some serious flashbacks to my 07 diary. 1. Can't go below 120,000 Stomper was always a serious tightwad in my diary game, even forcing me to lose stars who were willing to sign with me because he didn't want to pay the salaries. 2. Can't sign any luchadors. Which is ironically funny, as the introduction of luchadors like Magnifico, Nicolas Lopez, and later stars like Felipe Caballero and El Mitico Jr were crucial to my success in the last two game years of my dynasty.

[QUOTE=mvargus;434072]What was sad was that I was setting up to push Frank to the moon, and he had to go and foul it up. I ended up going out and bringing in "The Turtle Package" - Arthur Turtle, to build up to eventually replace Frankie boy. Meanwhile, Frank and Ruud went down in 1v1 matches to Puffy and Poppa and would (if I had a 2nd month) drop the tag titles in the next show. :p One thing that did suck is that EWA has the worst locker room I've found so far. Not one positive personality in the bunch, and they started with 4 problems. Bam Bam - poisonous, source of constant tension Stetson Hatt - normally involved in any friction backstage Joan Evans - can occasionally start arguments backstage Mark Stanford - can occasionally cause arguments backstage. I feel very lucky that I had no conflict at the first show I ran.[/QUOTE] I love it how one person can be involved in everything that goes wrong backstage. That's awesome.

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;434110]While playing a test NYCW game in the demo, Stomper's goals brought some serious flashbacks to my 07 diary. 1. Can't go below 120,000 Stomper was always a serious tightwad in my diary game, even forcing me to lose stars who were willing to sign with me because he didn't want to pay the salaries. 2. Can't sign any luchadors. Which is ironically funny, as the introduction of luchadors like Magnifico, Nicolas Lopez, and later stars like Felipe Caballero and El Mitico Jr were crucial to my success in the last two game years of my dynasty.[/QUOTE] Every one of my test games where I went 1 month with a promotion I got one owner goal that was Can't sign anyone who's style is X And it was kind of random (I remember that one promotion changed, but can't remember which promotion. I've done about 10 test games, and another 15 or so first weeks.) However, I do remember a few. SWF - no luchador TCW - no luchador BSC - no technican FCW - no psychopath EWA - no psychopath

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;434057]I've had this custom injury in the game since I started playing 07, but in testing out a database in 08... [IMG]http://www.ice.org.nz/angledeath.jpg[/IMG] Oddly enough this was in a match where he beat AJ Styles, rated A. The previous week (Monday Week 1 January!) he got an A* from beating Abyss. Is it just me or is it a little weird that A* matches are going on so early? I mean, the threshold is 99.1%-100% now...[/QUOTE] Well, I have the feeling, that Brawling is generally a very effective ability. But what's up with the "Death"? Did you implement this injury?

Yeah I put the injury in myself, it's custom-made. Also in my game are "Death in the Family", which gives minimal head damage, can be worked through and takes a couple of months to get over. And Deadman Syndrome - used for pushing people into Undertaker type gimmicks - lasts over a year but again does minimal damage and can be worked through.

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;434297]Yeah I put the injury in myself, it's custom-made. Also in my game are "Death in the Family", which gives minimal head damage, can be worked through and takes a couple of months to get over. And Deadman Syndrome - used for pushing people into Undertaker type gimmicks - lasts over a year but again does minimal damage and can be worked through.[/QUOTE] I like that. One's a nice realistic spin, the other is great for impromptu gimmick change

[QUOTE=mvargus;434150]Every one of my test games where I went 1 month with a promotion I got one owner goal that was Can't sign anyone who's style is X And it was kind of random (I remember that one promotion changed, but can't remember which promotion. I've done about 10 test games, and another 15 or so first weeks.) However, I do remember a few. SWF - no luchador TCW - no luchador BSC - no technican FCW - no psychopath EWA - no psychopath[/QUOTE] I got bought my Larry Wood with my created fed, and guess what? He demanded that I never sign, or re-sign, any Psychopaths. Is he going to get pissed at me for allowing him to be a member of the roster, or is he just in the mood to feel unique and push himself as the craziest man in the ring on my roster? Still, he's a perfect fit for my fed so I won't complain about it. Wonder if an owner can step in and make a really brutal demand like that in some feds, say, no Technicians in ROF?

Archived