[QUOTE=d_w_w;431805]I agree and might do the same. The wording in Caulfield's bio makes it somewhat unsatisfying that he is consistently (well, at least in the 3 games that I've played through the demo) snatched up by SWF in the first week. Not to say that I see him staying in the USPW for the long haul, but it seems as though he'd be likely to stick around for a year or two.[/QUOTE] why dont you just work out a non agression pact with SWF? (Forgive me if this cant be done, ive never played with USPW, hence Ive never tried it) thats what I always did with DaVE in 07, worked wonders for me ;)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Greg2511;431857]why dont you just work out a non agression pact with SWF? (Forgive me if this cant be done, ive never played with USPW, hence Ive never tried it) thats what I always did with DaVE in 07, worked wonders for me ;)[/QUOTE] I remember that being my biggest mistake in a MAW game on TEW07. I got working relationships with TCW and NOTBPW so they couldn't get my workers on written contracts, and because SWF wouldn't accept it I went for non-aggression. However, they fell to Cult and got Jay Chord on a PPA contract immediately when he came into the game. If it weren't for the non-aggression pact I would've been able to share him, but the only way to end the non-aggression pact would've lead to war, which a Small sized MAW wouldn't have been able to deal with. All I'm saying is, consider possible conciquences to pacts before going through with them.

[QUOTE=Ping von Erich;431784]"The Marksman" Kirk Jameson, Leper Messiah, The Sensational Singh, Mainstream Hernandez, Natural Storm, Carl Batch.. FCW rules. [/QUOTE] Bite your tongue... we all know this "Leper Messiah" of yours is just lousy old Tully Arthurs with a coat of greasepaint on his face. As for the rest of them, well, that just sounds like half of MAW plus Kashmir Singh. Which is okay, I guess -- but it's not hardcore.

The way TCW is set up sounds like a perfect excuse to begin a diary for them. What better way to bring in a new head booker than to try to get some direction that flows than to bring in a new head booker. He can then create explainations for what has happened as opposed to just doing things however. I am considering playing as TCW again but CGC seems intrigueing. What would you guys do with CGC?

[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;431866]I remember that being my biggest mistake in a MAW game on TEW07. I got working relationships with TCW and NOTBPW so they couldn't get my workers on written contracts, and because SWF wouldn't accept it I went for non-aggression. However, they fell to Cult and got Jay Chord on a PPA contract immediately when he came into the game. If it weren't for the non-aggression pact I would've been able to share him, but the only way to end the non-aggression pact would've lead to war, which a Small sized MAW wouldn't have been able to deal with. All I'm saying is, consider possible conciquences to pacts before going through with them.[/QUOTE] I do see what you mean, but in the case of USPW, or in 07 DaVE....where you stand to lose multiple top notch workers, I think its more beneficial, once youve used those guys to gain more popularity and are on par with SWF, you can break the pact and have a bidding war for Jay Chord, just gotta miss out on him for the first few years, and let them do the hard work of developing him. :)

[QUOTE=Oregano Jensen;432057]Bite your tongue... we all know this "Leper Messiah" of yours is just lousy old Tully Arthurs with a coat of greasepaint on his face. As for the rest of them, well, that just sounds like half of MAW plus Kashmir Singh. Which is okay, I guess -- [B]but it's not hardcore.[/B][/QUOTE] Which is a good thing due to the fact FCW isn't a hardcore fed, lol. And for all the guys hating on PSW, with a few roster replacements, they really have a good product setting.. high enough modern that you could make it like a C-verse ROH. Just takes smart roster management.

[QUOTE=juggaloninjalee;432110]The way TCW is set up sounds like a perfect excuse to begin a diary for them. What better way to bring in a new head booker than to try to get some direction that flows than to bring in a new head booker. He can then create explainations for what has happened as opposed to just doing things however. I am considering playing as TCW again but CGC seems intrigueing. What would you guys do with CGC?[/QUOTE] I was wondering the same thing. CGC is fun. My two thoughts were to rebuild Elite a bit and maybe turn one of the DeColt's - Alex or Jack. But Elite has been rebuilt after Maverick left. So maybe just find a good battle storyline between them and the DeColt's, with some eventually turning. That and add another tag team - Jacob Jett and Mainstream Hernandez seem like they'd still make a nice combo as Jett Stream....

[QUOTE=rufas2000;431812] I never played as DaVE but I think I'll do that anyway. I'll give them Genghis Rahn, seems to be a great fit. TCW could stand to lose some big guy faces anyway.[/QUOTE] I did a test save and fired like 5 or 6 wrestlers and they had an incredibly small roster. They actually need more. Although they could stand to get more midcarders really. Hardly enough to fill their tv show. And really when you start with them, it doesn't take long for Cornell to tell you the roster is too small, and to sign more.

[QUOTE=Ping von Erich;431784]Love the Laramee / Scott tag team by the way, Adam.. hawt.[/QUOTE] Whoa. I've not had a chance to get the demo yet, but the computer put those two together in my last 07 game, so that's a little odd that Adam did that in 08. It even makes sense if he did it for the reason I suspect...

Hey Guys, Kiwione here. I have been a fan of Rylands games going way back, including all of the TEW's but this is the first time I have felt like saying something (Mainly because I have nothing to say) I was so exicited to open up the demo and start a game with my favorite promotion of all time DAVE and I clicked on the list and.... what!? RYLAND! what have you done was my first thought. So I did what im sure a fair few DAVE fans did, started up with PSW. I think im going to go with them or maybe Puerto Rico's promotion and over time try build them up to national, eventually doing a DAVE One Night Stand PPV bringing in some of the other DAVE guys and maybe run a long running invasion angle down the line. I will miss DAVE but its given me a storyline idea for me to keep me interested until 2009. So Ryland, my initial pure hatred for you has now passed, and I now once again 100% think your a genius mate! KiwiOne

So how many C-Verse years to you think it's going to be before SWF Presents: DaVE One Last Stand? lol Actually, i just had a thought. People in this thread were discussing that TCW represents a sort of WCW/TNA posisition in the C-verse and that it's bagged a few DaVE stars. Now that got me thinking. In TEW there's the brand split function...but there are no brand splits in the C-Verse. I think in the future TEW will have to justify having this function so a certain company in the real world doesn't ask questions. So, IMO, there's a chance that TCW in a move to boast rating brand split between TCW and DaVE. Well, probably not, but it's an idea isn't it? RIP DaVE

[QUOTE=Editor6;432330]Whoa. I've not had a chance to get the demo yet, but the computer put those two together in my last 07 game, so that's a little odd that Adam did that in 08. It even makes sense if he did it for the reason I suspect...[/QUOTE] The "Hey look at me, I'm an *******" look?

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;432220]I was wondering the same thing. CGC is fun. My two thoughts were to rebuild Elite a bit and maybe turn one of the DeColt's - Alex or Jack. But Elite has been rebuilt after Maverick left. So maybe just find a good battle storyline between them and the DeColt's, with some eventually turning. That and add another tag team - Jacob Jett and Mainstream Hernandez seem like they'd still make a nice combo as Jett Stream....[/QUOTE] Ive ran about 4 or 5 sims up to the 1 month point. Oddly enough, in every single sim, Steve and Alex always turn heel around the end of week 2/beginning of week 3 together.

[QUOTE=Gigas;432620]Ive ran about 4 or 5 sims up to the 1 month point. Oddly enough, in every single sim, Steve and Alex always turn heel around the end of week 2/beginning of week 3 together.[/QUOTE] Really? Wonder if thats pre-programmed in some way or just the AI promotion views as the best possible storyline? Do they tend to do anything with Elite? Could be interestnig to add them into Elite and make a super-stable, then use the remaining DeColts plus a few other faces into an opposing stable. Maybe use George as the face of the good stable. Problem is there are only a few other quality faces in CGC - Ed Monton, Whippy, Youth Energy... Maybe if you turn Trent Shaffer and/or Ryan Powell to face...?

I didnt really look all that much into it since its just a 1 month demo. I just know they turned together and an article showed up on the website. 1 article for each saying the same thing, there werent enough heels in CGC. Id guess its preprogrammed in considering its happened each time, but it could just be luck. About 50% of the time, CGC signs Jacob Jett as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Name: Danger And Violence Extreme Initials: DAVE Founded: September 1992 Based: Tri State (USA) Prestige: 60% Money: $1,700,000 Profile: Originally founded in 1992, it wasn’t until six years later when DAVE won the infamous “East Coast War” that they began to really start making a name for themselves. Under the guidance of Phil Vibert, DAVE became a genuine cult phenomenon, and were undisputedly the number three promotion in America. However, since 2004 the promotion has been virtually under siege with talent raids, major injuries, and general bad luck. They are beginning to struggle badly in the face of these continual problems.’ Product: Style Name: Cult Entertainment Match Type Booking AI 1vs1: 76% 2vs2: 14% Triangle Match: 10% Match Ratio: 80% Minor Match: 10 mins Medium Match: 15 mins Man Match: 25 mins Match Intensity: 40% Match Danger: 65% Women’s Wrestling: None T&A Levels: High Face / Heel Divide: Medium Key Feature: Cult, Hardcore Heavy: Traditional, Comedy, Risque, Modern, Daredevil Low: Mainstream, Realism

Archived