MAW: 10 Simple Rules...

[I]OOC: 400th post. Woot![/I] * USPW are rumoured to be preparing a big push for Masked Patriot. That’s nice – we have something similar in mind, kind of... * In another big blow for the SWF, Skull DeBones has hung up his boots. Elsewhere, Randy Bumfhole will not be offered a contract extension. Over in TCW, Chance Fortune looks set to be cut as well. His position as most promising youngster has been usurped by Wolf Hawkins of late – not to mention Jay and Aaron. * After our recent troubles with Bret Graveson, we contacted CZCW referee Pee-Wee Germaine to work with us. He’s not as good a referee as Bret, who’s been given his marching papers in one of the quickest meetings I’ve ever held, but he’s more reliable. * [B]MAW On Tour[/B] Thursday, 18th March 2011 – Great Lakes Flash Savage and Curtis Jenkins def. Joe Benning and Matt Hocking – E VIP Wallace def. Hugh Lee – E- Max Mayhem def. Nelson Callum – E Antonio and Casey Valentine def. Amazing Fire Fly and Jonnie Perez – E Overall: [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] [I]Notes: A bit of experimenting ... No chemistry to report[/I] * SWF Supreme TV has been cut in Japan. Ratings have been up of late in the US, but still some way below their all-time high. * Greg ‘Sammy the Shark’ Ford has left NYCW, which makes us his sole employer – and seems to imply that they can do without our boys. The fools... * Down Mexico way, Amazing Fire Fly picks up his first title, snaring the WAM TV title with a win over Laberinto Jr. On the same card, Hysteria won defeated Phoenix II for the WAM Championship * Bye-bye Supreme TV. The most recent show was a good one – but falling ratings saw America Sports One pull the plug. Rumour has it that SWF’s European broadcaster may be next – and that could see them only offering TV in the UK. With no new show possible until June, it could be a nasty few months for the Eisen family. Still pleased you turned me down, Richard? * It finally happened – Hugh de Aske wised up to his true worth, and will now no longer be available for the touring shows. * Thursday, 25th March 2011 – South East Jared Johnson def. Jonnie Perez – E+ Roderick Remus def. Matt Hocking – E Hugh Lee def. Curtis Jenkins – E- Smith & Singh def. Casey Valentine and Antonio – E+ Overall: [COLOR="red"]E[/COLOR] [I]Notes: Nothing to note here ... Although the main event was too long at 16 minutes. Not seen that before[/I] * [CENTER][B]MAW March Madness[/B] Fumihiro Ota vs. Primus Allen Thom Morgan vs. VIP Wallace “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. Flash Savage Masked Patriot vs. Thrash Steve Flash vs. Jay Chord Kirk Jameson vs. JD Morgan Aaron Andrews vs. Firebird[/CENTER] [I]OOC: Here's a freebie - one of the matches above is the new MAW MotY. I wonder if anyone can work out which one?[/I]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=James Casey;494622]On the same card, Hysteria won defeated Phoenix II for the MAW Championship[/quote] Spellchecker D-Lyrium here, pointing out a possible but unlikely case of inter-promotional shenanigans ¬_¬ Or are they the Mestling Association of Wrexico now? Fumihiro Ota vs. [B]Primus Allen[/B] Thom Morgan vs. [B]VIP Wallace[/B] “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. [B]Flash Savage[/B] Masked Patriot vs. [B]Thrash[/B] Steve Flash vs. [B]Jay Chord[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. JD Morgan [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] vs. Firebird I'm gonna take a wild guess at Morgan/Wallace being the MOTYC. ¬_¬.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;494635]Spellchecker D-Lyrium here, pointing out a possible but unlikely case of inter-promotional shenanigans ¬_¬ Or are they the Mestling Association of Wrexico now?[/QUOTE] Freudian slip - Fly will win the MAW title in a shock move designed to bribe him into staying now he's on three PPA deals :D

MAW March Madness Fumihiro Ota vs. [B]Primus Allen[/B] [I]Ota is almost over the hill..[/I] Thom Morgan vs. [B]VIP Wallace[/B] [I]I've always liked Air Attack[/I] [B]“Machine” Jean Cattley[/B] vs. Flash Savage [I]Normally this would be an easy call...[/I] [B]Masked Patriot[/B] vs. Thrash [I]Kind of gave this one away, seemingly anyway[/I] Steve Flash vs. [B]Jay Chord[/B] [I]Chord to go over the vet[/I] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. JD Morgan [I]No love for JD[/I] [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] vs. Firebird [I]The Champ[/I] What shenanigans will the pirate pull?

[U][B]MAW March Madness[/B][/U] Fumihiro Ota vs. [B]Primus Allen[/B] [B]Thom Morgan[/B] vs. VIP Wallace [B]“Machine” Jean Cattley[/B] vs. Flash Savage [B]Masked Patriot[/B] vs. Thrash Steve Flash vs. [B]Jay Chord[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. JD Morgan [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] vs. Firebird I'll say that AA vs Firebird is the MOTYC.

[B]MAW March Madness[/B] Fumihiro Ota vs. [B]Primus Allen[/B] [B]Thom Morgan[/B] vs. VIP Wallace [B]“Machine” Jean Cattley[/B] vs. Flash Savage [B]Masked Patriot[/B] vs. Thrash Steve Flash vs. [B]Jay Chord[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. JD Morgan [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] vs. Firebird Aaron Andrews vs. Firebird for the MOTYC :p

[I]OOC: Quite the surprise ahead...[/I] [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: March Madness Friday, 26th March 2011[/CENTER][/B] [B]Fumihiro Ota vs. Primus Allen[/B] Back at the Delaware Auditorium with a thousand baying fans in attendance. I think we’ll run our end-of-month shows here until I can be certain we’ll draw the 1,800 or so needed to turn a profit in North Carolina. Anyway, Ota and Allen performed like it was a full house, Ota’s sneakiness weighed up against Allen’s brute strength. Allen looked dominant for spells, but Ota’s experience won through as he blasted Allen with a Ninja Strike to score the win in a close contest. Winner: Fumihiro Ota (C-) * Firebird entered the arena before Ota left the ring: [COLOR="darkorange"]“I hope you feel good about yourself, Fumihiro,”[/COLOR] he said. [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“But I’m sure you know that you were never my goal. Your conflict with Evil Spirit was an amusing diversion, but nothing more. No, my true goal in this company is somewhat greater. Someone soon will realise that only the true path will lead them to greatness, and not the false way they follow now.”[/COLOR] * [B]Thom Morgan vs. VIP Wallace[/B] Like Stevie Grayson, Thom Morgan will be leaving at the end of his contract, and this is probably going to be his last match with us. I may trial them as a team for shiggles, just to try and burn off any last iota of rub they have to give, but more likely I’ll just forget about them – neither is worth what they get paid per appearance. Still, I did want to give him an appropriate send-off, so to have him losing to VIP fulfils the time-honoured traditions of this business, and helps Wallace burn off some ring rust. Any day now, I’ll give him some promo time. Until then, steady wins to get him up to speed such as this one, completed with the Air Attack Ace. Winner: VIP Wallace (D-) * [B]“Machine” Jean Cattley vs. Flash Savage[/B] The Blondes’ war with the reigning tag team champions continued in this war. But while the Blondes would have the edge in tag team competition, this match was all about Cattley. Savage could one day be a competitive singles performer, but this is Cattley’s milieu of choice, and he scored the winner with a Mood Swing after an enjoyable battle. Winner: Jean Cattley (D+) * Thrash came down to the ring next, accompanied by Firebird, who took up position by the entrance to the aisle, from which he observed Masked Patriot closely as he made his entrance. * [B]Masked Patriot vs. Thrash[/B] This battle between two bruisers lived up to its promise, with both men pounding each other with scarcely any give. Thrash delighted in the punishment that he was handing out, while Masked Patriot gritted his teeth and matched him blow for blow. During the match, Firebird sauntered down to the ring and watched intently as the two battered each other to near insensibility. He seemed to take particular delight as Patriot was forced to grow more and more brutal in his delivery of punishment, with Thrash implacable in his pursuit of victory – even mounting the top rope at one point to deliver a 350lb flying splash. But Patriot took advantage of Trash’s hesitation in the unfamiliar territory, and scaled the ropes himself to deliver a thunderous Patriot Slam for the win. With the match over, Firebird entered the ring and offered his hand to Patriot, who stared at him, his expression unreadable, for several long moments before backing away and leaving the ring. Winner: Masked Patriot (D+) * Jay Chord came down to the ring, looking smug: [COLOR="Red"]“Make no mistake, the scores may have been even after my recent series with Darryl Devine, but we all know who the true winner is. Out west, Devine begged to work with me again, and I’ve agreed to that, as my goals in that region require a partner. In this company, I stand alone. No-one is equal to me, and anyone who answers my challenge today will realise that, no matter what they may have achieved in the past, on this night they met someone who is simply superior.”[/COLOR] Out came Steve Flash, who I hired to give Jay a challenge a year or so back – and who, as always, looked ready to go. * [B]Steve Flash vs. Jay Chord[/B] I really must get Steve involved in something more than putting on good matches soon. In the meantime, Jay Chord’s rehabilitation continued as we explained he’d specifically challenged Flash tonight. This was a blistering match, as Chord seems to thrive when the spotlight isn’t right on him – and, to be fair to the kid, he isn’t even 21 yet. Flash tied up Chord again and again, Chord being forced to use brute strength to break the holds as he tried again and again to seize the advantage. But Flash dictated the pace of the match-up until late on, when Chord caught his second wind and used his superior speed to snatch the momentum from Flash, seizing victory from the jaws of defeat with a Super DDT followed by a Cradle Piledriver to win a gruelling and thrilling contest. Winner: Jay Chord (B-) * [B]Kirk Jameson vs. JD Morgan[/B] Damn. How the blazes am I meant to top this? Jameson and Morgan tore into one another for a full fifteen minutes, Jameson focused and intent as he took on The Fallen’s most recent high-profile signing. Morgan tried to boss the youngster around, but Jameson’s vigour and drive kept the veteran at bay. It was clear that Andrews’ counsel has taken root in Jameson’s mind, as he refused to be rattled by Morgan’s canny tricks and attempts to unsettle him. The match was contested at full throttle, with counter and counter-counter exchanged and broken in a scene reminiscent of Neo fighting with Agent Smith – a comparison I found curiously apt, given their relative roles in the company. But it was a battle that, this time, had no conclusion, as the time limit was reached with no victor. Winner: No-one (B) * Aaron Andrews came down to the ring, looking thoughtful. [COLOR="Blue"]“My good friend Kirk Jameson went to the limit against JD Morgan, a man who beat me when I faced him. A few months ago, I told Kirk that he had to believe in himself to be a success – and he is. I hope I had a hand in that. “Maybe I should listen to my own advice. After all, of late I’ve been a bit out of sorts. I’ve lost matches that I know I could win. So from tonight, I’ll be cutting loose. I’m not going to hold back any more. Tonight I’ll start to find out exactly what I can do.”[/COLOR] * [B]Aaron Andrews vs. Firebird[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Heavyweight title[/COLOR] Who’d have thought this match would be a let-down? As strong as it was, it was a shade below the semi-final contest, which was a problem that I thought we’d got past last year. I suspect the relative newness of Morgan, and the home-grown nature of Jameson counted in their favour – Firebird and Andrews perhaps being a victim of over-familiarity? Well, whatever – the result was a thrilling contest, with Andrews' increasingly bruising style keeping Firebird on the back foot throughout. Firebird seemed oddly content to take the punishment, even beckoning Andrews back into the fight when the referee forced a break in the corner. But it was a move designed to unsettle Andrews, and it succeeded as he appeared momentarily confused – giving Firebird a chance to seize the momentum. But the champion came back strongly, and a few minutes later went airborne for a Flying Bodypress that allowed him to claim victory and defend his title – but it was Firebird, again, who appeared strangely satisfied with the result. Winner: Aaron Andrews (B-) [B]Overall: C+[/B] [I](Seriously? Okay...)[/I]

[I]Short update - you all still reading? :p[/I] SWF is off the air in Europe as well – that just leaves the UK as SWF’s sole television market. * [B]MAW On Tour[/B] Thursday, 4th April 2011 Glamour And Devastation def. Matt Hocking and Riley McManus – E- Antonio def. Joe Benning – E Internet Favourites def. Raphael and VIP Wallace – E The Triple Threat (c) def. Amazing Fire Fly and Smith & Singh to retain the MAW Trios titles – E+ Overall: [COLOR="red"]E+[/COLOR] [I]Notes: Record crowd of 147 people[/I] * We have a pretty strict regime in MAW, working the second and fourth Friday of the month, almost without fail. This month, USPW had booked an event opposite our first show, which meant doing without Jay, Brandon Smith, Primus Allen, Hugh de Aske and Masked Patriot. It was doable, but it did nothing to put me in a good mood. Fortunately, I’d had an idea... * Thursday, 11th April 2011 Glamour and Devastation def. Amazing Fire Fly and Max Mayhem – E- Riley McManus and Joe Benning def. Casey Valentine and VIP Wallace – E Antonio and Curtis Jenkins def. Matt Hocking and Hugh Lee – E- Jonnie Perez and Kid Arachnid def. Flash Savage and Roderick Remus – E Overall: [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] [I]Notes: Tag team night ... No chemistry between Valentine and Wallace ... Yep, Arachnid’s back ... No, it’s not Jay[/I] * [CENTER][B]MAW April Showers[/B] Internet Favourites vs. Glamour And Devastation Amazing Fire Fly vs. Antonio The Young Americans vs. Ford & Speed Kashmir Singh and Jean Cattley vs. Thrash and Firebird Jonnie Perez vs. ??? Kirk Jameson vs. “Lone Wolf” Robert Thomas Aaron Andrews vs. JD Morgan[/CENTER] Not quite a one match show, and I’d not been required to book Steve Flash – why USPW has never added him to their ranks is beyond me – to give him another entry in his Catalogue of Underappreciated Brilliance™. Nonetheless, I knew it was time to kick the build to October into high gear. Two more weeks, and Spring Fever would – aptly – see things start to heat up. And, slightly bizarrely, Sienna would be at the heart of it all...

[QUOTE=James Casey;495367][I]Short update - you all still reading? :p[/I][/QUOTE] Umm.. Yes. We're certainly still reading. This is my favorite diary going roght now, and actually got me interested in doing a game as MAW. My game is nowhere near as successful (or interesting) as yours, though..

MAW April Showers [B]Internet Favourites[/B] vs. Glamour And Devastation [I]I don't remember the last time I saw G&D on a non-tour show, so I don't think there's any way they could get the win. I still like that team though...[/I] Amazing Fire Fly vs. [B]Antonio[/B] [I]I feel AFF is the better talent, but that Rip may be forcing your hand on this one, so Antonio gets the win.[/I] The Young Americans vs. [B]Ford & Speed[/B] [I]I've forgotten who the The Young Americans are... is that bad?[/I] Kashmir Singh and Jean Cattley vs. [B]Thrash and Firebird[/B] [I]This one is a complete shot in the dark, but I also am not sure if this is a non-title match or not. Either way, I'm still picking Thrash and Firebird.[/I] Jonnie Perez vs. [B]???[/B] [I]You've somehow made the Other Perez Boy interesting, and I see this as the first step in the youngster's first major feud in MAW.[/I] [B] Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. “Lone Wolf” Robert Thomas [I]Jameson has been amazing as of late, and Thomas has bad chemistry with half the roster, making this one a no-brainer.[/I] [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] vs. JD Morgan [I]I see the new "cut loose" Double A taking the win here, as his title reign hasn't been the strongest showing so far. A win here will help get it back on track.[/I]

Internet Favourites vs. [B]Glamour And Devastation[/B] [I]I have a soft spot for both guys...[/I] [B]Amazing Fire Fly[/B] vs. Antonio [I]Antonio doesn't seem to have much of a future with you holding him down, like you are.[/I]:p The Young Americans vs. [B]Ford & Speed[/B] [I]Ford & Speed are a real solid team. Plus, I honestly can't recall who the Young Americans are either.[/I] Kashmir Singh and Jean Cattley vs. [B]Thrash and Firebird[/B] [I]I'm thinking the Blondes will have a say in the outcome of this one.[/I] Jonnie Perez vs.[B] ???[/B] [I]Wrestling 101: Mystery opponent = Mystery opponent will win.[/I] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. “Lone Wolf” Robert Thomas [I]Kirk is getting to be pretty great so a loss here would be counter productive in getting him into a proper main event program with someone.[/I] [B]Aaron Andrews [/B]vs. JD Morgan [I]I'm not sure how Morgan has earned this shot with Thrash taking the pin & the win in the tag match two months ago and Morgan going to a draw in his match last month, so for him to win would sort of make Adrews look like a chump.[/I]

[B]MAW April Showers[/B] [B]Internet Favourites[/B] vs. Glamour And Devastation Amazing Fire Fly vs. [B]Antonio[/B] The Young Americans vs. [B]Ford & Speed[/B] Kashmir Singh and Jean Cattley vs. [B]Thrash and Firebird[/B] Jonnie Perez vs. [B]???[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. “Lone Wolf” Robert Thomas [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] vs. JD Morgan

MAW April Showers [B]Internet Favourites[/B] vs. Glamour And Devastation Amazing Fire Fly vs. [B]Antonio[/B] The Young Americans vs. [B]Ford & Speed[/B] [B]Kashmir Singh and Jean Cattley[/B] vs. Thrash and Firebird Jonnie Perez vs. [B]???[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. “Lone Wolf” Robert Thomas [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] vs. JD Morgan

[I]OOC: Thanks for all the comments - you guys do affect how the diary gets written. As for The Young Americans, you'd probably have to play FCW to know them - I just stole them...[/I] * [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: April Showers Friday, 12th April 2011[/CENTER] Internet Favourites vs. Glamour And Devastation[/B] Hey folks, this is what you get if you venture out to one of our touring shows... Yeah. We believe in the hard-sell here in the Mid Atlantic... These guys have fun in the ring, with Stardust mostly hiding behind Findlay, who’s mostly driven on by a desire to impress Kristen – like the Favourites, except they’re trying to impress Dawn. With me so far? Good – because the story was more important than the match, which the rock band won when O’Farraday clamped a Choke Sleeper on Max. What Findlay’s reward will be for the win wasn’t clear – but he looked pretty pleased about earning it... Winners: Glamour And Devastation (E) * [B]Amazing Fire Fly vs. Antonio[/B] Another rare big show outing for these two, with the Mid Atlantic fans having fun with their rare chance to voice their distaste of Antonio, who responded by flipping them off, to everyone’s surprise. Nonetheless, he was distracted enough to give the fans what he wanted, dropping the match to the rising Fly in an upset when he fell prey to the Sky High Fire Fly. Winner: Amazing Fire Fly (D) * Antonio took the mic, smarting from the loss: [COLOR="Sienna"]“That’s it – I’m done. We’re done. Soon, everything’s going to change...”[/COLOR] * [B]The Young Americans vs. Ford & Speed[/B] The Young Americans are Joe Benning and Matt Hocking, a team FCW did me the favour of building up before Joe left the company. I’m not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so their experience can definitely assist in a division lacking it. That said, even though they have more experience as a team, they’ve still only notched up a few years experience overall – and that gave their opponents an edge. The overall quality of the heel team, who’ve been quietly impressive, was enough to blunt the popular young babyfaces, and when Speed caught Benning in a Cross Armbreaker, it was enough to score the win for the former Fallen duo. Winners: Ford & Speed (D-) * Kashmir Singh and Jean Cattley were backstage. Jean stared at the camera, as Singh polished the title belts. [COLOR="Blue"]“We didn’t appreciate the actions of the Canadian Blondes after out last match,”[/COLOR] Jean said. “[COLOR="Blue"]So here’s the deal – one last match. Blondes, if you lose, you don’t get another shot as long as we’re champions. That’s the only way we’ll even consider giving you another match, so I suggest that you accept.”[/COLOR] * [B]Kashmir Singh and Jean Cattley (c) vs. Thrash and Firebird[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Tag Team titles[/COLOR] Speaking of The Fallen, this was their chance to add some gold to back up their claims of superiority. Firebird mostly dictated events from the ring apron, as the monstrous Thrash pitched the champions around the wing with ease until they regrouped and began working as a team – something that clearly did not come easily to them. Rip noted that the Blondes’ great experience as a team would be to their advantage – if the champs got past this match. But bit by bit, Thrash got worn down as Firebird watched on, seemingly unwilling to help his partner out – an insouciance that ended up costing his team the match as, with Singh’s help Cattley was able to haul Thrash up and into a Mood Swing for the victory. Winners: Cattley and Singh (D+) * [B]Kirk Jameson vs. “Lone Wolf” Robert Thomas[/B] This is more along the lines of what I was expecting from Thomas, although it did take Jameson to get it from him. We’ll see if he can manage with other workers as his intended push has been rather derailed by his inability to get a good match against anyone in the uppercard. Still, nothing wrong with the midcard, right? Jameson took the win with a Kirkhold to keep his momentum up. Winner: Kirk Jameson (C-) * Rip entered the ring: [COLOR="Purple"]“Eighteen months ago, one of the wrestlers in this company was forced out in a Loser Leaves Town match – a match not sanctioned by myself. I had other things on my mind back then, but I told that man he was welcome to return at any time. Tonight is that time – the return of Black Eagle!”[/COLOR] * [B]Jonnie Perez vs. Black Eagle[/B] Eagle hasn’t been seen in over a year here in the Mid-Atlantic – indeed, he was forced out by Firebird before Firebird became Firebird. I’m sure you all remember. In his return to the company, Eagle picked up where he’d left off, laying a beatdown on the game but green Perez, before putting him away with a New Jersey Turnpike to mark his successful return. Winner: Black Eagle (D-) * Firebird came down to the ring as the commentators noted that it was he who had forced Eagle from the company in 2009. The two stared one another down for a long, long moment – before Eagle extended his hand, and Firebird shook it warmly, before the two embraced. [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“Eagle, your work continues,”[/COLOR] Firebird said. [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“Even after I forced you out of this company, you kept working on me. And you succeeded – I saw the light. And I have continued our work. I have formed a following here, a strong group. Thrash, Greg Ford, Marc Speed, Evil Spirit, JD Morgan... and there will be another, Eagle, there will be another. “And tonight, The Fallen will take the Heavyweight title, and the whole of this industry will see what it is to acknowledge the light, as you showed me.”[/COLOR] Aaron Andrews music played, and the champion emerged: [COLOR="Blue"]“Firebird, Black Eagle, and JD Morgan. That’s actually a hell of an impressive combination,”[/COLOR] he said, as he paced back and forth at the top of the stage. [COLOR="Blue"]“Now, I beat Firebird last time out, and I’ve got the ****ney rebel tonight, so Eagle, I expect you’ll want a shot. Well, that’s fine – you and me can go next month. “Now, I only wish that would mean you guys would shut up. But I guess that’s never going to happen. Still, maybe beating you up enough will give you some sense of humility.”[/COLOR] * [B]Aaron Andrews vs. JD Morgan[/B] Andrews’ recent troubles with Morgan seemingly came to a head in this fantastic match – which was so much better than anything else on the card, it was barely funny. The two went at it for twenty-five minutes, Morgan using his simply incredible technical skills to stretch and twist Andrews in unnatural ways. Andrews came back with high-impact brawling, including a clothesline with such momentum that both men were carried over the top rope to the arena floor, inflicting at least as much damage on the champ as it did on the challenger. When the match returned to the ring, Morgan seemed stunned, and Andrews focused in on the veteran’s head in an attempt to put him down quickly. But Morgan had plenty of fight in him, living up to his mentor’s words as a tough SOB. Andrews tried for a Standing Hot Shot, but Morgan broke free and reversed it into a backslide for a near fall. The champ came back with a series of hard kicks, the last a superkick that put Morgan down long enough for Andrews to scale the turnbuckles for a Flying Bodypress – but Morgan rolled through with the momentum and rose up smoothly, lifting Andrews for a fallaway slam that the champ just managed to block at the last second, twisting in midair to land on his feet, Morgan trapped in a front headlock. Andrews looked around the arena, his face a picture of exhaustion and desperation, before his eyes focused on Rip at the announcers’ table. His expression shifting into a waxy neutrality, he snapped backwards, bringing Morgan crashing down into a credible Rip Chord DDT to give him the hard fought win – although one that, plainly, he was not happy about as he took his title and looked first at Rip and then at Morgan. Winner: Aaron Andrews (B-) [B]Overall: C[/B] [I](No complaints – rotten undercard on this show. Next time, I’ll swallow my pride.) Next: A shock departure! (Don't worry - Rip didn't die.)[/I]

[I]OOC: Force Unleashed drops tomorrow, so in the likely possibility that I'm glued to my 360 all day - having 'flu has its upside, apparently - I figured I'd double-post today. Any objections? ;)[/I] * A decent crowd in excess of 1,700 rocked up for the show. We’re considering expanding the touring shows to ninety minutes from an hour, and higher gates in the Mid Atlantic will pay for that a lot quicker than bigger gates in the South East and Great Lakes. We may trial it next month. We’ll see. * [B]MAW On Tour[/B] Thursday, 18th April 2011 – Great Lakes Jonnie Perez def. Curtis Jenkins – E- Raphael def. Amazing Fire Fly – D- Brandon Smith def. VIP Wallace – D- Kashmir Singh def. Antonio – E Overall: [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] [I]Notes: Excellent chemistry between Smith/Wallace ... The other high match was out-of-the-blue good.[/I] * [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“I’m sorry. I’m 33 – this is my last chance at the big leagues. And you’ve always said I was good enough to make it at the top.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“But... Eisen?”[/COLOR] Rip growled, his expression still one of total shock. [COLOR="Navy"]“I’m sorry,”[/COLOR] Jean said, hanging his head in shame. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Don’t be,”[/COLOR] I said, shooting a glance at Rip, whose face was becoming a worrying shade of purple. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Rip?”[/COLOR] He let out a long breath, and his colour began to return to normal. [COLOR="Purple"]“Yeah... ---- Jean, you know I’m pleased for you. If I coulda chose, I’d have thought you’d get a deal in Japan or even with Cornell. But Eisen? ----.“[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“You made the same move, once upon a time,”[/COLOR] Jean said, looking up. [COLOR="Purple"]“Yeah, I know. ---- kid, I thought you were a lifer.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“So did I. You know I would have ended my career here, Rip. But the money I’ve been offered...”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“Ah, I’m not cross with you, kid. You’ve gotta do what’s right by yourself,”[/COLOR] Rip said, with a sigh. He looked across at me. [COLOR="Purple"]“Anyway, we’ll have to find a way to take the belt off you. We’ll let you know what we come up with.”[/COLOR] Jean acknowledged the tacit dismissal with a nod, and quickly made his way out of the room. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“----,”[/COLOR] I said, and meant it. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"Of all the people to go, I never thought-“[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“Did you have something to do with this?”[/COLOR] Rip snarled, coming around in front of my desk and leaning on it, glaring down at me, sheer fury burning in his eyes. His face was past purple and was now a distressing shade of violet. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What? What? No!”[/COLOR] I barked, rocking back in my chair as Rip leaned forward still further. [COLOR="Purple"]“Jean’s been MAW since day one. The only way he’d leave is if he thought he wasn’t going to be used properly.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Or if he got a better offer,”[/COLOR] I said, trying to be reasonable. It was difficult. I’d faced Rip down before now, but somehow this time was different – Rip looked dangerous. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Look, Rip, I understand you’re upset-”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“Upset?”[/COLOR] Rip yelled, and with a sweep of his arms my desk was cleared, my lamp, computer, papers and pen pot slamming against the plasterboard wall, and crashing to the floor. [COLOR="Purple"]“Upset?”[/COLOR] he roared, and with an almighty heave my IKEA desk went flying into the opposite wall, leaving a sizable dent and hanging for a second, before landing and shattering on the wooden floorboards. I was frozen on my chair as Rip advanced towards me. He seized the front of my shirt and hauled me upright with barely a grunt of effort. [COLOR="Purple"]“Tell me now why I shouldn’t just throw your --- out of here,”[/COLOR] he snarled. I grabbed at his hands and tried to break his grip, but it was like trying to break steel clamps. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Because I’m your best hope for overhauling Eisen one day, you stupid ----,”[/COLOR] I yelled. Rip’s expression changed from unguarded fury to enraged calculation in a split-second – a detail I only registered in hindsight as, a split-second after that, he drove me hard into the wall behind me, my head slamming into the barely-covered brick so hard that my vision went black. I whuffed out all the breath in my body, and gasped and wheezed as I tried to take a breath while the back of my head complained about the rough treatment it had received. My vision cleared slowly as people began cautiously to enter the room. Jean was there, and Heidi, and even Jay. But Rip was gone. * Over in Japan, Golden Canvas Grappling have dropped down to Cult level as well. That’s what comes of going toe-to-toe with Burning Hammer and Pride – and losing. Interestingly, TCW has developed such a strong following Japan that they are now in combat with the traditional giants in their attempts to establish a foothold in the market. It’s not going so well... Still, weird happenings in BHOTWG: Both Chuichi Sanda and Hyosuke Kokan injured knees on the same day – in the same match. * [CENTER][B]April – Spring Fever[/B] Fumihiro Ota vs. Hugh de Aske Steve Flash vs. Thrash Kashmir Singh and “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. The Canadian Blondes Masked Patriot vs. JD Morgan Jay Chord’s open challenge continues Aaron Andrews and Kirk Jameson vs. Firebird and Black Eagle[/CENTER]

Oh man. Why can't I write that good. Darn it! :p Maybe my next diary will involve more storylines and stuff like in this diary. People seem to follow this diary because of all the charactes, backstories, and especially you and Rip Chords relationship. Or something like that. [B]April – Spring Fever[/B] Fumihiro Ota vs. [B]Hugh de Aske[/B] [B] Steve Flash[/B] vs. Thrash Kashmir Singh and “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. [B]The Canadian Blondes[/B] [B] Masked Patriot[/B] vs. JD Morgan Jay Chord’s open challenge continues vs. [B]???[/B] [B] Aaron Andrews and Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Firebird and Black Eagle

Jean?! :( What a backstabbing bastard! ¬_¬ Seriously though, never saw that one coming. Good luck to him though. Fumihiro Ota vs. [B]Hugh de Aske[/B] Steve Flash vs. [B]Thrash[/B] Kashmir Singh and “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. [B]The Canadian Blondes[/B] :D Masked Patriot vs. [B]JD Morgan[/B] [B]Jay Chord[/B]’s open challenge continues vs. ??? [B]Aaron Andrews and Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Firebird and Black Eagle

Wow. Just wow. I mean Rip is right, Jean is good enough to make it in the bigs. But I've never seen him get the call. In all the games I've played and diaries I've read I can't recall Jean leaving MAW. And given his abilities that's kinda surprising. I was beginning to think Adam had some hidden code in the game that prevented the AI from ever offering Cattley a contract elsewhere. Let's hope he does well, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Eisen have him getting squashed by a random midcarder once a month.

[I]OOC: I've actually wondered at that as well - in my 07 game, I made it to 2014 and Jean had one other PPA contract with a fed that opened c. 2012 and hired half my roster. I honestly thought he was ours for good :( Still, I think his replacements are... okay... And as for TFU: I dislike Militia Elite. A lot.[/I] * [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Spring Fever Tuesday, 23rd April 2011[/CENTER] Fumihiro Ota vs. Hugh de Aske (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Traditional title[/COLOR] Ninja vs. Pirate – come on, who doesn’t love this? We haven’t used this match in months, despite the presence of good chemistry between the two. But I kept it in mind, and when I needed an opponent for a match that had a defining moment not taking place in the ring... After ten minutes, Sienna – who had seemed to have ants in her pants all match – suddenly turned and sprinted down the aisle, leaving Hugh to look after her in shock. Turning back to the match, he was just in time to deflect a flying kick onto the ring post, leaving Ota hung up, painfully, on the turnbuckle. A Cutthroat Driver later, and Hugh had retained his title – but he sprinted down the aisle after Sienna, leaving his belt behind, making his priorities clear. Winner: Hugh de Aske (C+) * [B]Steve Flash vs. Thrash[/B] Just a short match to move things on – Flash is earmarked for better things in the future, while Thrash is the designated Fallen fall taker. Good match, though – I won’t complain if the rest of the card matches up to this standard. Winner: Steve Flash (C+) * Earlier today, Jean Cattley and Kashmir Singh were arriving with their titles when Jean was approached by Casey Valentine. [COLOR="Sienna"]“Jean, can I have a word?”[/COLOR] Jean looked at him in surprise, then shrugged. [COLOR="Navy"]“I’ve got a match to get ready for, Casey. Make it quick.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]“I’m back, Jean. I’ve been training, working hard. I’m better than I ever was. Better than you. You taught me a lot, although I learned more myself. But I do owe you, so I’m offering you the chance to join me.”[/COLOR] Jean looked at Casey, his expression one of growing surprise as Casey spoke, and finally he laughed. [COLOR="Navy"]“Join you? Casey, last time we fought, I kicked your ass. I don’t care what you learned in the meantime, you’re not on my level. There’s nothing to gain by my fighting you again.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]“If that’s how you want it, Jean,”[/COLOR] Casey replied, his eyes flashing. [COLOR="Sienna"]“But I’ll tell you now, everything going to change – and there may not be room for you when it does.”[/COLOR] With a smirk, Casey walked off, leaving Jean to look after him, shaking his head before entering his dressing room. * [B]Kashmir Singh and “Machine” Jean Cattley (c) vs. The Canadian Blondes[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Tag Team titles[/COLOR] I think everyone in the arena knew how this was going to go – and so we didn’t put too much emphasis on the match itself. Once again, the lack of cohesion let the champs down, and this time they were punished for it by a Blondes team who were focussed and simply so much more experienced than their opponents. The Blondes snatched the win after ten minutes when Cattley fell foul of a Golden Shower from Oscar, who scored the pin to win the titles and close the books on Jean Cattley’s career – sort of... Winners: The Canadian Blondes (D) * The Blondes celebrated their victory, but before their celebrations had time to get serious, the ring was invaded by Antonio and Casey Valentine, who ignored the new champions and launched themselves at their beaten foes. Singh and Cattley were left to their attackers’ mercies, but the fans jeers turned to cheers and rapturous applause as a slim figure sprinted down the aisle and in two bounds was perched atop the turnbuckle, pausing to spread his arms wide for the benefit of those with flash photography. [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ErikStrong_alt4.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Erik Strong was back in MAW. Strong leapt from the turnbuckle, his aim as accurate as ever as his Strongsault took him high into the air... ...and crashing down on the prone forms of Jean Cattley and Kashmir Singh. Strong then rose smoothly to his feet and tossed Singh into Antonio’s arms, setting the Indian star up for an Italian DDT. Strong then turned to Cattley, and with a sneer held him up for Valentine to fire off a Sweet Sweet Heartbreak, only for Cattley to twist and throw Strong into Antonio. Cattley stood up, bruised and unsteady on his feet, and beckoned Casey on, but Casey shook his head and laughed. Taking a mic, he turned and faced down his mentor. [COLOR="Sienna"]“No, Jean, I’m sure you want to fight now, but you see, there’s nothing in it for me – I’ve already proven I can beat you. However, I will fight you if you agree to my one condition. You see, myself and my colleagues here are the future of this business, and old guys like you are just standing in my way. So if we fight, then your inevitable defeat will see you leaving this company – and one less obstruction between us and the success we deserve.”[/COLOR] Cattley didn’t need to speak – he just launched himself into a clothesline that turned Casey inside out. * [B]“Machine” Jean Cattley vs. Casey Valentine[/B] in a [COLOR="Purple"]Loser Leaves Town match[/COLOR] And so Jean’s career in the Mid Atlantic area ends with, well, a whimper – unfortunately. Given my choice, I’d have pitted him against Firebird or Eagle to give him a proper send-off, but things don’t always work out that way – and in any case, this match was due. Six months ago, Valentine lost to Cattley to bring about the end of The Firm. Tonight, Valentine opened the new chapter of his life with a clean win over his mentor, scoring the pin after a Sweet Sweet Heartbreak. Winner: Casey Valentine (D) * The trio surrounded the fallen Cattley, and circled him in a predatory manner. Erik took the mic. [COLOR="Sienna"]“Jean, we are the Second Sons – the men who should be in charge of this company now. You had The Firm, but that was only ever designed to keep you in charge. We’re here to bring in the future.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“The future? Erik, I’ve seen you up north, and if you’re the future – I don’t want any part of it.”[/COLOR] The Sons looked around in surprise, and the fans erupted in shock as two very familiar faces stood at the top of the ramp. [COLOR="Blue"]“Erik, Antonio, Casey... Three guys who’ve done nothing and expect the business to hand them everything. We’ve been at the top end,”[/COLOR] the second man said. [COLOR="Blue"]“And we can tell you now: You’re not ready.”[/COLOR] On commentary, Rock was the first one to overcome his surprise and inform the few people who didn’t recognise the newcomers exactly who they were: [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ChanceFortune.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/RandyBumfhole.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Chance Fortune and Randy Bumfhole. [COLOR="Blue"]“Still,”[/COLOR] Randy said. [COLOR="Blue"]“I guess you may have something we don’t know about. Erik, you and I had our times up north, and I can’t think of a better way to introduce Chance and I to these good folks then beating up you and Erik.”[/COLOR] * [B]Chance Fortune and Randy Bumfhole vs. Erik Strong and Antonio[/B] It’s time to get serious about the Second Sons, and to that end they need to be in the ring against superior workers. Chance and Randy are sort of-superior, so they’ll do for now. This was one of the better matches we’ve seen from Antonio, and not a bad return for Erik who, of course, knows Randy well from SWF. It wasn’t designed to blow anyone away, and was just a chance to establish that the Second Sons aren’t going to be storming the uppercard just yet – but that they can definitely hold their own in a fast-paced brawl like this one. The match ended with a Bumfhole Buster on Antonio, and Jean getting one last moment in the sun celebrating with the new guys before he headed off to work with Eisen – who, of course, recently canned Randy and Erik. Is that irony? Winners: Chance and Randy (D+) * Jay Chord came down to the ring, looking preoccupied. [COLOR="Red"]“So we lost Cattley tonight, and we get Strong back – and Fortune and that guy Bumfhole. But there’s another newcomer, apparently, who I want to speak about: Kid Arachnid.”[/COLOR] Jay scowled as the fans laughed or booed. [COLOR="Red"]“Oh, you think I’m crazy? Or stupid? Roll the tape!”[/COLOR] A video aired highlights of the new Kid Arachnid’s appearance on a touring show. [COLOR="Red"]“Now, it’s no secret that I was under the Kid Arachnid mask last time. But not now – I wouldn’t be caught dead in some hick place like Ohio, or wherever that show was held. No, someone else has had the bare temerity to try and follow in my footsteps. Oh, I applaud your temerity – but I refuse to have someone try and steal anything from my reputation. So get out here now, take a beating, and give me my mask back.”[/COLOR] * [B]Kid Arachnid vs. Jay Chord[/B] I’d sort of envisioned the mid-portion of the show being a bit better, to be honest, but this was an acceptable scrap. Arachnid has mastered Jay’s old trick of wrestling a generic style of match, with no clues given to the careful watcher about who’s under the spider-webbed mask. It was just an ok match – by design, and because the fans don’t know what to make of Arachnid – that featured some nice exchanges and promises a decent return in the future for a possible rematch. This one, however, ended all honours even, Chord frustrated at his inability to put away the usurper of his one-time identity. Winner: No-one (D+) * [B]Masked Patriot vs. JD Morgan[/B] Patriot’s continuing series against The Fallen saw him tangling with the group’s silent enforcer, the British technician JD Morgan. Morgan tried to stretch the youngster, but Patriot put his strength to good use, outmuscling the Brit and pitching him around the ring in a manner not unlike Primus Allen. But as vicious as the beating was, it wasn’t on a par with Allen’s better efforts – including a few against Patriot – and this meant that Morgan was able to come back strongly, and when Patriot couldn’t seem to find the killer move to put the Brit down, Morgan smirked evilly and clamped on the Cross Atlantic Stretch, forcing a tap out from Patriot who, once again, had snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Winner: JD Morgan (C+) * Hugh was backstage, looking for Sienna, but she was nowhere to be found. Passing Kirk Jameson and Aaron Andrews, he asked if they’d seen her. They pointed down a rather dank side corridor, and Hugh charged down it. There was just one dressing room down the corridor, and Hugh froze as he read the name on the door: Black Eagle. * [B]Aaron Andrews and Kirk Jameson vs. Firebird and Black Eagle[/B] This was just a fun end to the night, with all four men on comparable levels, popularity wise. Each competitor got their chance to shine, with the recently-returned Eagle getting some particularly nice spots zipping around the ring, before crashing and burning when Andrews had the sense to avoid his attack. This proved to be the key moment in the match as, despite some excellent team work from Firebird and Eagle, the faces had the momentum on their side, and made it count as they came out on top with when Eagle fell to Andrews’ Flying Bodypress. Winners: Andrews and Jameson (C) [B]Overall: C[/B] [I]Next: Jean's goodbyes and Golden vs. Chord II[/I]

Archived