MAW: 10 Simple Rules...

Amazing Fire Fly vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez (c)[/B] – MAW All Action title Kristabel Plum vs. [B]Jaime Quine[/B] [B]"Machine" Jean Cattley[/B] vs. Casey Valentine [B]Alicia Strong[/B] vs. Joanne Rodriguez Kirk Jameson's choice: ??? vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[I]OOC: Can't exactly blame everyone for going for Aaron in this one - a more predictable match it's hard to imagine :p[/I] * [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: I Am Not Left Handed Either Friday, 19th May 2013[/CENTER] Amazing Fire Fly vs. Rudy Velasquez (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Indigo"]MAW All Action title[/COLOR] Before I get too carried away with the show itself, it's interesting to note that attendances have been up in the Great Lakes and South East this month – it's almost like we hit a switch or something, as both shows last month pulled sub-500 crowds. Something to be cheerful about. This match was another one, as these two really showed off what the All Action belt is supposed to be about: Intense, fast-paced matches, with lots of high-impact offence – MAW with a modern twist, if you will. Velasquez and Eddie Powell are probably the predominant exponents of the art, but Fly is right up there, and he pushed the champion to the limit in his first defence, before eventually succumbing to the effects of a Street Cutter. Winner: Rudy Velasquez (C-) * [B]MAW Women’s title tournament: Kristabel Plum vs. Jaime Quine[/B] Ouch. Suffice to say, I was halfway dreading the women's matches next show – still, that's by my choice, no-one else's. This was a major letdown from the previous effort, and the fans took it as another excuse not to care about the women's division. Quine ultimately fell to a Plum Tucker as Plum advanced to the semi-finals. Winner: Kristabel Plum (E) * Casey Valentine approached Jean Cattley backstage. [COLOR="Sienna"]“You’re nothing, old man,” [/COLOR]he snarled in Jean’s face. [COLOR="sienna"]“Since you’ve been gone, Antonio and I have operated at the top of the card.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“Yes, I saw. You palled up with Jay Chord, and watched his back for a couple of months. And since then, what have you done? Because I’ve kept an eye on you, Casey. I always knew that this day would come... and now it’s here, I can’t wait to put you flat on your back for costing me two years of my life.”[/COLOR] * [B]"Machine" Jean Cattley vs. Casey Valentine[/B] I wanted this issue settled before we got back to the Mid Atlantic, so the match went on it here. Back in North Carolina, it's not outside the realms of possibility that this would score a C- – on a good day, admittedly. This match was all about Jean, who punted the ****y youngster around the ring like a training session, showing off that long-ago loss as a one-off as he established himself as the superior worker, before hitting the Mood Swing for the win. Winner: Jean Cattley (D) * Joanne Rodriguez was stood in the ring, awaiting her opponent in the title tournament. On commentary, Rock noted that process of elimination meant that her opponent had to be Debbie Rose – a decent wrestler, but one who lacked J-Ro’s experience and viciousness. And then music played that was definitely not Debbie Rose’s, and J-Ro’s face contorted into an expression settling somewhere between fear, hatred, anger and frustration as Alicia Strong emerged, microphone in hand. [COLOR="Blue"]“Jo, Jo, Jo...”[/COLOR] Alicia tutted. [COLOR="blue"]“You tried, you really did. You and Lauren hurt me, it’s true... for a few days, and I had to miss the last show. Now, I’m here to make sure that you don’t win this tournament, and to make sure that the first person who does hold the MAW Women’s title won’t immediately disgrace it.”[/COLOR] * [B]MAW Women’s title tournament: Alicia Strong vs. Joanne Rodriguez[/B] Same match, same result – the two women had a tremendous run at each other, with J-Ro noticeably growing more and more desperate as the clock ran down until, eventually, the bell rang with no winner from any of the three matches. Both women were eliminated from the tournament, and while Alicia shrugged equably, J-Ro howled at the referee like a cat who's tail had been trodden on. Winner: No-one (B-) * Rip Chord was once more standing in as proxy ring announcer, this time taking Kirk Jameson’s place in announcing Aaron Andrews’ challenger. [COLOR="Purple"]“Kirk Jameson says that: [/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]‘The man I’ve chosen is a personal friend, and one of the toughest competitors I’ve ever faced. I know that he’ll give Aaron a tough fight, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him beating my old friend. If that’s the case, then it just goes to show that Aaron isn’t as good as he thinks he is. If Aaron does manage to get a win, then I’d suggest that he doesn’t get too blown up about it – I’ll be waiting in North Carolina in one week’s time.’[/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]”[/COLOR] * [B]Kirk Jameson's choice: "Dogfight" Donnie J vs. Aaron Andrews[/B] With hindsight, I could have put the women on last for a better score. These two have great chemistry, though, and even without a title explicitly on the line, they've been shown time and again to be near-equals in terms of their skill and experience. This proved to be the case once more as the two men showed their skill and preparation in countering one another time and again, as it quickly became clear that Andrews had J scouted despite the late revelation. On commentary, Katie noted that he was the most obvious challenger for Andrews, as he had an even better record against him than Kirk did. Donnie eventually grew frustrated at being able to put Andrews away, and this led to a mistake from him as he missed a dive, leaving himself open to a Twisting Face Crusher that gave Andrews momentum as he headed into the title match in a week's time. Winner: Aaron Andrews (C+) [B]Overall: C[/B] [I]Next: SWF making waves - and Aaron upsets someone. Again...[/I]

I'm not totally caught up, I made it halfway through and just skipped to the end, but I love this. Definitely a diary to learn some good habits from. Very clean and easy to read, entertaining angles, and a great voice. I'm glad Jean Cattley is back to dismantle people. :)

[I]OOC: Me too - and welcome! Jean is going to play a sizable part in the diary, I think.[/I] * After the show, Jean Cattley was waiting for Aaron in the Westberry position. [COLOR="navy"]"Is this your idea of a welcoming present?"[/COLOR] he demanded, holding up a pair of shredded shoes. Andrews' face cracked into a grin. [COLOR="DarkRed"]"You don't like it?"[/COLOR] Jean lunged forward, his fist c0cked and Aaron had to leap back, wrapping the curtain around him and pulling it from the rail as he stumbled to the ground. Jean sneered down at him. [COLOR="Navy"]"Get up, tough guy,"[/COLOR] he growled. [COLOR="navy"]"And stay away from my things in future."[/COLOR] Jean walked away, barefoot but head up as Aaron muttered under his breath, curtain wrapped around him like a cloak. [COLOR="Green"]"Don't mutter, Andrews, it's bad for your mental health,"[/COLOR] I said, putting out a hand to help him up. It took longer than it might have done, as he nearly pulled me off my feet. [COLOR="darkred"]"I suppose you're going to get into me too,"[/COLOR] he said, brushing himself off. [COLOR="green"]"Shouldn't I?"[/COLOR] I asked. [COLOR="green"]"I mean, for God's sake Aaron, when the ---- are you going to grow up? You're nearer thirty that twenty, and you're still acting like a bloody child. I know that backstage is one big boy's club, but I won't stand for this crap from someone who should be a leader backstage, not a source of strife I-"[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]"Alright, alright,"[/COLOR] he said, waving me into silence. [COLOR="DarkRed"]"I'll be more considerate in future."[/COLOR] He stalked off, pausing to shove the curtain off his shoulders. * This should make things interesting: SWF are back up to Global. A recent run of impressive form has finally seen them break through from Cult and, far from then being a National company, the attendant jump in overness has seen them take their place back at the top table. As this happened right after they agreed to let us take Jean back, I'm taking it as a sign that nice things do happen to nice people. Immediate signings include Skull DeBones (retired, but still popular), Steve Frehley, Danny Fonzarelli, The Guru... and Masked "Providence" Patriot. Oh, and Phil Vibert. Yeah, you can imagine how [I]that[/I] negotiation played out, can't you? As Supreme have signed away one of our hottest prospects in Providence – a worker, incidentally, who was in line for a major push to the very top of the card – I'll take it that any chance we might have of getting Hugh or the others back is probably out of the window. * [B]MAW On Tour – Puerto Rico[/B] Burn def. Casey Valentine – D- Deborah Young def. Debbie Rose – E Josh Jones and Jared Johnson def. The Canadian Blondes – E- Bradford Peverell (c) def. Antonio – MAW Traditional title – D "Machine" Jean Cattley def. Lenny Brown – D- [B]Overall: D-[/B] [I]Notes: I was hoping the two double-Js could get more from the Blondes ... And Peverell once more had the match of the night ... Go figure[/I] * [CENTER][B]MAW Mother, May I?[/B] Harry Allen vs. Rudy Velasquez (c) – MAW All Action title Kristabel Plum vs. Deborah Young "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith, "Sensational" Kashmir Singh and "Machine" Jean Cattley vs. Providence, Lord Geoffrey Windameer and The Great Ota Natural Storm vs. Always Breakin' Hollywood (c) – MAW Tag Team titles Kristabel Plum or Deborah Young vs. Nadia Snow – MAW Women's title "Dogfight" Donnie J vs. Tim Westybrook Kirk Jameson (c) vs. Aaron Andrews – MAW Heavyweight title[/CENTER]

[B]MAW Mother, May I?[/B] Harry Allen vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez[/B] (c) – MAW All Action title [B]Kristabel Plum [/B]vs. Deborah Young [B]"Bulldozer" Brandon Smith, "Sensational" Kashmir Singh and "Machine" Jean Cattley[/B] vs. Providence, Lord Geoffrey Windameer and The Great Ota [I]Cattley to make an impact, with Providence to do the job. [/I] Natural Storm vs. [B]Always Breakin' Hollywood[/B] (c) – MAW Tag Team titles Kristabel Plum or Deborah Young vs.[B] Nadia Snow[/B] – MAW Women's title "Dogfight" Donnie J vs. [B]Tim Westybrook[/B] Kirk Jameson (c) vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] – MAW Heavyweight title [I]No title change, though. [/I]

[B]MAW Mother, May I?[/B] Harry Allen vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez[/B] (c) – MAW All Action title [B]Kristabel Plum[/B] vs. Deborah Young [B]"Bulldozer" Brandon Smith, "Sensational" Kashmir Singh and "Machine" Jean Cattley[/B] vs. Providence, Lord Geoffrey Windameer and The Great Ota Natural Storm vs. [B]Always Breakin' Hollywood [/B](c) – MAW Tag Team titles [B]Kristabel Plum[/B] or Deborah Young vs. Nadia Snow – MAW Women's title "Dogfight" Donnie J vs. [B]Tim Westybrook[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] (c) vs. Aaron Andrews – MAW Heavyweight title

[B]MAW Mother, May I?[/B] Harry Allen vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez (c)[/B] – MAW All Action title [B]Kristabel Plum[/B] vs. Deborah Young [B]"Bulldozer" Brandon Smith, "Sensational" Kashmir Singh and "Machine" Jean Cattley[/B] vs. Providence, Lord Geoffrey Windameer and The Great Ota [B]Natural Storm[/B] vs. Always Breakin' Hollywood (c) – MAW Tag Team titles [B]Kristabel Plum[/B] or Deborah Young vs. Nadia Snow – MAW Women's title "Dogfight" Donnie J vs. [B]Tim Westybrook[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson (c)[/B] vs. Aaron Andrews – MAW Heavyweight title

Harry Allen vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez (c)[/B] – MAW All Action title [B]Kristabel Plum[/B] vs. Deborah Young [B]"Bulldozer" Brandon Smith, "Sensational" Kashmir Singh and "Machine" Jean Cattley[/B] vs. Providence, Lord Geoffrey Windameer and The Great Ota Natural Storm vs.[B] Always Breakin' Hollywood (c) [/B]– MAW Tag Team titles Kristabel Plum or Deborah Young vs. [B]Nadia Snow[/B] – MAW Women's title "Dogfight" Donnie J vs. [B]Tim Westybrook[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson (c)[/B] vs. Aaron Andrews – MAW Heavyweight title

Harry Allen vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez (c)[/B] – MAW All Action title [B]Kristabel Plum[/B] vs. Deborah Young [B]"Bulldozer" Brandon Smith, "Sensational" Kashmir Singh and "Machine" Jean Cattley[/B] vs. Providence, Lord Geoffrey Windameer and The Great Ota [B]Natural Storm [/B]vs. Always Breakin' Hollywood (c) – MAW Tag Team titles [B]Kristabel Plum[/B] or Deborah Young vs. Nadia Snow – MAW Women's title "Dogfight" Donnie J vs. [B]Tim Westybrook[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson (c) [/B]vs. Aaron Andrews – MAW Heavyweight title

Harry Allen vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez (c)[/B] – MAW All Action title [I]Not completely unplausible but I don't see Velasquez All Action Title run ending this early. [/I] [B]Kristabel Plum[/B] vs. Deborah Young [I]Seeing as a heel is already in the finals, I think Plum wins here. Really surprised to see the belt not round J-Ro's waist at the start.[/I] [B]"Bulldozer" Brandon Smith, "Sensational" Kashmir Singh and "Machine" Jean Cattley[/B] vs. Providence, Lord Geoffrey Windameer and The Great Ota [I]Jean Cattley continues to make an impact on his return by leading the face trio to a victory. It's a real shame Providence is getting poached away by SWF as he was really starting to feel like an integral part of the roster.[/I] Natural Storm vs. [B]Always Breakin' Hollywood (c)[/B] – MAW Tag Team titles [I]ABH retain the titles via some form of shenanigans, giving Natural Storm a valid excuse for a re-match.[/I] [B]Kristabel Plum[/B] or Deborah Young vs. Nadia Snow – MAW Women's title [I]Plum wins to start off the women's title with a face champion, after the heel side initially looked to be dominating the womens ranks, and besides if you were going to go for heel champ, why wouldn't you go for J-Ro ?[/I] "Dogfight" Donnie J vs. [B]Tim Westybrook[/B] [I]Westybrook continues to built up as the next serious threat to Jameson[/I] [B]Kirk Jameson (c)[/B] vs. Aaron Andrews [I]Jameson just about edges this, to truly bring to an end their long running feud. Not sure where Andrews goes from here if he doesn't regain the title though.[/I]

Harry Allen vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez[/B] (c) – MAW All Action title [I]Could go either way, but considering how brief Rudy's reign has been I'm going with the champ. Down the road Allen might get the belt, though, I would suspect.[/I] [B]Kristabel Plum[/B] vs. Deborah Young [I]Yeah, I'm going with a babyface vs. heel finals. This being MAW and all...[/I] [B]"Bulldozer" Brandon Smith, "Sensational" Kashmir Singh and "Machine" Jean Cattley[/B] vs. Providence, Lord Geoffrey Windameer and The Great Ota [I]Providence probably lies down on his way out.[/I] [B]Natural Storm[/B] vs. Always Breakin' Hollywood (c) – MAW Tag Team titles [I]Normally, I can't pick ABH to lose in good conscience, but I think Natural Storm might just have a shot here... plus it means I'm not plagiarising anyone elses predictions[/I] :p [B]Kristabel Plum[/B] or Deborah Young vs. Nadia Snow – MAW Women's title [I]The babyface has overcome all the odds and ends up champ. And like Tiger said, J-Ro might as well have been the heel champ, if you wanted to go that way...[/I] "Dogfight" Donnie J vs. [B]Tim Westybrook[/B] [I]Westybrook will let nothing get in his way to the title, as Aaron is about to be out of the picture.[/I] [B]Kirk Jameson [/B](c) vs. Aaron Andrews – MAW Heavyweight title

[B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: MAW Mother, May I? Friday, May 26th 2013[/CENTER] Harry Allen vs. Rudy Velasquez (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW All Action title[/COLOR] A start this good always makes me nervous, but what am I supposed to do? The two men had a wild, modern brawl from bell to bell, with fisticuffs and hard kicks mixed in with soaring aerials and painful-looking submission moves as they wore each other down. It was clear that the two men were of comparable skill, and there was very little to choose between them, before Velasquez hauled himself out of the corner as Allen attempted a charge. The whole ring moved inches sideways as Allen crashed into the turnbuckles, and he staggered out of the corner to be crushed by a Street Cutter as Velasquez retained his title. Winner: Rudy Velasquez (C+) * After the match, Velasquez took the mic: [COLOR="Blue"]“That’s how things are gonna be around here from now on,” he said. “Me on top, and everyone else getting their asses handed to ‘em. Everyone else can go on about glory or fame of whatever they say motivates them, but I’m just here to earn money. No distractions, no false pretences, I do what I have to so I get paid what I’m worth. Nothing more, nothing less.”[/COLOR] * [B]Kristabel Plum vs. Deborah Young[/B] A decent women's match, all things considered. The only semi-final match was dominated by Young, who tossed Plum around the ring with seemingly no effort at all. When she went for a quick Sit Out Powerbomb, however, Plum was able to reverse into a sunset flip and when Young kicked out, a Plum Tucker put the big woman down for three – and no more. Young looked furious at her loss, and Hale Buck screamed abuse at Plum as she staggered up the ramp, nursing a battered head. Winner: Kristabel Plum (D-) * Brandon Smith, Kashmir Singh and Jean Cattley were backstage. Brandon took centre stage. [COLOR="blue"]“A few weeks ago I got chewed out by Aaron Andrews. Normally, I wouldn’t listen to a thing that man said, but you know what? He may have been right – maybe I haven’t lived up to my potential. “So from now on, I’m seeking out the very best of the best. Everyone comes through MAW sooner or later, so let me be the first to welcome you with an open hand – or a closed first. I don’t care if you’re the best brawler, a fifth dan black belt in judo, or if you fly like an eagle – I want to get in the ring with you, and learn how to beat you. And sooner rather than later, I’ll have gold around my waist, and I’ll be the person getting challenged.”[/COLOR] Cattley clapped his partner on the shoulder. [COLOR="Navy"]“Last time I was here, Providence and Ota were wearing masks and standing alongside myself and my friends. Windameer was nothing but a bad rumour from the north-east. In two years, a lot has changed. I’m here to show that I’m able to keep pace with the change – and maybe set the pace as well.”[/COLOR] Kashmir Singh stepped forward., and beamed a brilliant smile at the camera [COLOR="blue"]“I’m just here to enjoy myself.” [/COLOR] * [B]"Bulldozer" Brandon Smith, "Sensational" Kashmir Singh and "Machine" Jean Cattley vs. Providence, Lord Geoffrey Windameer and The Great Ota[/B] The referee had no chance keeping track of this one, as the six men all seemed eager to fight, with Windameer being the notable exception. He hung back and, on seeing his partners charged into the fray seemed happy to stay on the outside. However, Jean Cattley seized the aristocrat and hip-tossed him into the ring to a sizable pop from the crowd. Throughout the match, each man got a chance to show off but it was Smith who wowed the crowd as, in keeping with his new 'fearless' persona, he went to the top rope and unleashed a monster of a jumping lariat to nearly decapitate Providence, leaving his former protégé to fall victim to a Mood Swing from Cattley to end the match. Winners: Smith, Cattley and Singh (C-) * We cut backstage from the in-ring celebrations to find Natural Storm and ABH slugging wildly at one another. Unable to contain the fight, the backstage officials are left with no choice but to direct it towards the ring, giving the tag team title match an impromptu start. * [B]Natural Storm vs. Always Breakin' Hollywood (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Tag Team titles[/COLOR] Is it is a good thing that these guys can be relied on to bring good ratings out of the tag matches, or a bad thing that a good rating in the tag division is only a D+? Whatever, this was what it was, a spirited brawl highlighted – as is often the case – by Haley Buck's antics at ringside. Having screamed herself hoarse during the Young/Plum match, she was restricted to passing notes to her clients, which Natural Storm objected to, leading to the arresting visual of the referee demanding to see the notes, like a teacher catching their pupils passing notes in class. Once the match got back on track, though, the action resumed without missing a beat as Primus Allen was able to snatch the win through some clever work on Eddie Howard's arms, nullifying the challenger's strength and leaving him vulnerable to a Sunset Boulevard as the champions retained. Winner: Always Breakin' Hollywood (D+) * Nadia Snow was backstage, brushing her hair out before a large mirror. She turned to camera and smiled, slyly. [COLOR="Blue"]“Do you think I shouldn’t be spending my time on my hair? Do you think, maybe, that I should be more worried about my opponent for tonight? Well, I think that my opponent has had two hard matches in the last week, including a brutal fight with Deborah Young earlier tonight. I think that I’ve had two weeks to recover from my last match, and that I’m at my peak. “Really, the only thing [I]I’m[/I] worried about is how to finish off dear, plucky Kristabel tonight... A Blonde Ambition, maybe, or perhaps I’ll even use of Kristabel’s own moves on her to take the title for myself...” [/COLOR] * [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAWWomens.jpg[/IMG] [I]Thanks to ReapeR for the [U]awesome[/U] belt[/I] [B]Kristabel Plum vs. Nadia Snow[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Women's title[/COLOR] This wasn't a bad match, but the execution could have been better. For a start, the fans just didn't want to see more of Kristabel Plum. Secondly, it became clear that the 'heroic face overcomes the odds' storyline most typical of this kind of set-up just wasn't going to play out in this match. Plum sold her wounded head well, but insult was added to injury as she fell victim to a Plum Tucker from Snow that left her down and out, and Snow the first MAW Women's champion. Winner: Nadia Snow (E) * The Tim Westybrook “Iron Man” video was given another airing as he obliterated a succession of faceless jobbers, and tore apart a high-tech training facility. As always, it went down very well. * [B]"Dogfight" Donnie J vs. Tim Westybrook[/B] This was classic David and Goliath storytelling, with the much smaller J flying around the ring as fast as he could, striking where possible, avoiding Westybrook's incredible strength as much as he could, and catching him with his best moves. Westybrook was forced on the defensive from the bell as a result, and slowly he was backed into a corner. But that proved to be a tactical error from J, as it meant that he was unable to get around Westybrook, and was much more vulnerable to being caught when he attacked. This evened the match out somewhat, with Westybrook at one point gorilla pressing J high above his head and dropping him, stomach first, onto the steel ring post. J writhed in pain atop the post, and was easy pickings for Westybrook to pick up and slam into the mat with a brainbuster. Limp and near-unconscious, J was done, and Westybrook made sure of this by planting him one last time with a TNT Whirlwind. Winner: Tim Westybrook (C+) * An uncharacteristically sombre Aaron Andrews made his way to the ring for the main event, where Tim Westybrook stood waiting, his expression one of blank watchfulness. Taking the microphone, Andrews turned to the stage. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Kirk Jameson, please come out.”[/COLOR] Kirk did so, looking wary and content to stay at the top of the ramp. [COLOR="darkred"]“I had a thought, Kirk. I’d like to propose something. We’ve been at each other’s throats now for getting on for two years. I want that title back, you want to keep it... But both of us need to move on. So tonight, let’s make this our last match. Whatever happens, I don’t fight you, you don’t fight me – agreed?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]“Why, Aaron? Why now?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]“Because I’m done fighting you. So long as it’s a possibility, I know that people are always going to link us together. So tonight, after I take that title, I want you to agree to no rematch.”[/COLOR] Kirk smiled sourly. [COLOR="blue"]“I’ll agree, Aaron, on one condition – that the same applies to you. This is your contractually obligated rematch. This is your last chance. When I walk out of here with the title tonight, that’s it. We’re done. No whining, no crying, no threats, no attacks – no more matches.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]“Agreed.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Then... agreed.”[/COLOR] * [B]Kirk Jameson (c) vs. Aaron Andrews[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Heavyweight title[/COLOR] in an [COLOR="purple"]Ultimate Submission match[/COLOR] The rules were straightforward, as the two men had thirty minutes in which to make the other submit as many times as possible. Tim Westybrook had accompanied Andrews to ringside in his capacity as bodyguard and observer, and it was clear from the off that Andrews' intent was to get his money's worth from his employee by having him interfere. An early clothesline took Jameson to the outside, and Westybrook pounced, delivering a lariat that turned Jameson inside out and upside down. But the big man had moved too soon, and the referee ordered him from ringside. Andrews objected as Westybrook watched on, unmoving, but the challenger’s pleas were to no avail as Westbrook was sent away, his expression as unreadable as ever as he walked back up the aisle. In the meantime, Jameson had made his way back in the ring, but Andrews turned on him with a furious expression on his face and began to assault the champion, clearly intent on establishing an unassailable early lead. Andrews threw his opponent through the turnbuckles, slamming him head first into the steel ringpost, before drilling him with three consecutive piledrivers. A sleeperhold was quickly applied, and at just after five minutes, Jameson failed to respond to the referee, giving Andrews a [B]1-0[/B] lead. With a minute to clear his head, Jameson slowly came to. As the bell rang, however, he was still down in the corner, nursing his head and looking out of it. The referee approached him with concern evident on his face, but Andrews shoved him away and started punching Jameson time and again, smacking his head back into the turnbuckle with each blow. Eventually, he grabbed his limp opponent and dragged him into the centre of the ring. Picking him up, he went for a Twisting Face Crusher, but Jameson collapsed before the move could land. Andrews looked angry, and manoeuvred his nemesis into place for a sleeper once more, only for Jameson suddenly to come to life and, grabbing Andrews' head, dropping into a jawbreaker. Jameson had clearly caught a second win as he popped straight back up to his feet. Going straight after Andrews, he unleashed a barrage of kicks and stomps, keeping Andrews down on the mat and unable to make any sort of offence of his own. Jameson had the better of the exchanges for several minutes, although Andrews did manage to get a few shots in, keeping Jameson just enough off balance that he wasn’t able to capitalise on the damage he was doing. At one point, Jameson tried to whip Andrews into the ropes, but Andrews reversed. Andrews went low and sent Jameson up with a back body drop, but in mid-air, the champion caught his opponent around the neck and reversed the move into a high impact neckbreaker. Jameson was upright immediately, stalking Andrews as he rose more slowly. Andrews pounced, drilling Jameson with a backcracker before wrapping him up in the Kirkhold. Andrews struggled, but eventually submitted, leaving the scores tied at [B]1-1[/B]. With around ten minutes left on the clock, the two men faced each other, both looking weary and battered. Rock noted that Jameson could settle for the draw, stall out the remaining time and leave with his title intact. Rip commented that he thought that it was unlikely – Kirk wouldn’t want this final match with Aaron to end inconclusively. He wanted to prove that he was superior to his mentor as much, if not more, than he wanted to retain his title. As the battle resumed, it was clear that Kirk did want the win every bit as much as Aaron, unloading with a flurry of fists aimed at Andrews’ head. He seemed to be trying to beat Andrews into submission, but as Andrews sank to his knees, he grabbed Jameson’s waistband and pitched him into the turnbuckles. As Jameson stumbled back, Andrews tried to nailed him with his own backcracker, but Jameson grabbed the top rope and stayed on his feet – just. Andrews landed on the mat and quickly rolled to the outside to gather his thought. Jameson, though, had other ideas as he launched himself over the top rope with a tope that wiped both men out on the arena floor. The referee had no choice but to watch the two men lying on the floor. For over a minute they lay unmoving, and Rock mused whether medical attention would be necessary. But then, as though stirred by Rock’s words, Andrews and Jameson began to move, using each other to pull themselves upright and trading weary blows as they tried to get off their knees. Andrews scored with a vicious knife edged chop that rocked Jameson back on his haunches. He rebounded with a leaping clothesline, springing forward and sending Andrews backwards to the mats. Jameson rolled into the ring as Andrew lay unmoving outside. The referee checked both men, and Andrews slowly, tiredly pulled himself upright. Jameson went for a baseball slide as Andrews grabbed the bottom rope to try and pull himself onto the apron, but Andrews avoided the move and pulled the apron out to wrap around Jameson, trapping him and giving him the chance to strike Jameson repeatedly as the champion tried to cover up. Jameson eventually escaped by ducking under the apron. He came out with a tackle on Andrews, but was unable to get the leverage to take him off his feet. Andrews kicked out, catching his opponent in the side of the head and sending him sprawling to the mat. With a venomous look on his face, Andrews seized Jameson and pitched him into the ring, sliding in behind him and dropping a leg across the back of his head. Andrews staggered slightly drunkenly to the corner, hauling himself up so that he was sat on the top rope. After taking a breather for a moment, he leapt off the second rope and landed a kneedrop on Jameson’s head. He rolled and came upright, looking down at his unmoving opponent with a look of feral satisfaction on his face. Andrews grabbed Jameson by the hair and pulled him upright. With a smirk, he clamped on a sleeperhold. The clock ticked past the twenty-eight minute mark as Andrews cinched in the hold, and Jameson’s struggles – weak to start off with, faded quickly. The referee moved in and checked his hand, letting it drop once... twice... thr- Jameson’s hand stayed in mid-air as Andrews let out a bellow of frustration. He shifted his grip, bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet to exert more pressure but as he bounced up, Jameson twisted in the hold and used Andrews’ own momentum to reverse the move into a back suplex, planting him on the back of his head and stopping all signs of movement. Breathing hard, Jameson crawled over to his foe and wrapped him up in the Kirkhold, rolling onto his back as he wrenched back on Andrews’ arms, his knees squarely in between Andrew’s shoulderblades as he torqued back on the hold. The referee checked Andrews closely and, finding no response, ordered the bell to be rung, giving Jameson the fall and, with less than thirty seconds on the clock as he released the hold, the win. Winner: Kirk Jameson (2-1, C+) [B]Overall: C[/B] [I]Next: Post-mortem, the new schedule, Rip's On Tour report, the first Nationwide card and much more in a packed post...[/I]

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;604517] [I] if you were going to go for heel champ, why wouldn't you go for J-Ro ?[/I] [/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Showtime4Lajf;604579]And like Tiger said, J-Ro might as well have been the heel champ, if you wanted to go that way...[/I] [/QUOTE] We got two words for ya... Contractual obligation :p Oddly enough, despite J-Ro being more over than almost anyone on the roster, she didn't want any sort of title reign. Nadia, however, did - despite being lower down the card. Go figure.

[QUOTE=James Casey;604821]We got two words for ya... Contractual obligation :p Oddly enough, despite J-Ro being more over than almost anyone on the roster, she didn't want any sort of title reign. Nadia, however, did - despite being lower down the card. Go figure.[/QUOTE] I've had plenty experiences with those, for a Regional fed they're a pain in the derierre because contracts always come up every nine months.

[QUOTE=Self;604824]Wow. I thought I wrote long matches. :) Good job, man. Good read.[/QUOTE] [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showpost.php?p=578489&postcount=856[/url] Four pages for the main event - twice that of the last show. The battle royal wasn't short, either... :p [QUOTE=Tigerkinney;604826]I've had plenty experiences with those, for a Regional fed they're a pain in the derierre because contracts always come up every nine months.[/QUOTE] Actually, I've noticed that some of the bigger names (Aaron, Tim, I think J-Ro) have been asking for 12 month deals. I don't know why - but it does give me extra time to finagle them a title run. Or not, in Genghis Rahn's case.. :D

I had to admit to being disappointed after the show. We'd put on a strong enough effort, I guess, but it could – and should – have been better. I was prepared to lay the blame for that at the feet of one man: Aaron Andrews. Andrews pitched a fit about losing, as though the plans hadn't been public knowledge going into the build-up, let alone the show itself. Had Andrews agreed to the contract extension we'd offered him then maybe – maybe – we might have considered putting the belt back on him, but with such a short period of time left to run on his deal, that was never on the cards. Andrews had sulked himself out of a warm farewell from us. I firmly intend to make sure that when he swing back through the Mid Atlantic with TCW or whoever's 'lucky' enough to end up with his services that the fans don't remember the Aaron Andrews who held our top belt for two years – I want them to remember the Aaron Andrews who lost a dog collar match to Josh Jones. ... Okay, I feel better for that. It's not in anyone's interests to book Andrews that way. Equally, however, any plans we may have had for a big send-off are gone. He’s been performing under par for a few weeks now, and I’m pretty sure that he’s just uninspired as he runs down his contract with us. I can’t blame him, exactly – he’s angry with me for handing out a slapping whenever he misbehaves, and maybe I’m too heavy with my punishments. But equally, he shouldn’t misbehave by putting on a below strength performance. It’s the eternal management problem – and I guess if I was better at managing, I’d get better performances from him. I have to take my share of the blame as well. * The monthly schedule had been finalised. The idea is to avoid overexposing any region, while still bringing in the cash we'd need to make the idea sustainable. Monday 1st: On Tour – Puerto Rico Friday 5th: Nationwide – South East Monday 8th: On Tour – Tri-State Friday 12th: Nationwide – Mid Atlantic Monday 15th: On Tour – Great Lakes Friday 19th: Nationwide – Mid Atlantic Monday 22nd: On Tour – South East Friday 26th: Nationwide – Great Lakes Saturday 27th: Monthly Event – Mid Atlantic If needs be, we could drop the On Tour shows as we'd still be getting national exposure from TV. Five shows a month was pushing it, I knew, but it wasn't impossible. It was also possible – and I had a feeling we might well try this – that we’d tape three or more of the TV shows in the Mid Atlantic, to benefit from the maximum overness for a lot of our talent. Although many of the women are more over elsewhere, and a lot of our talent have picked up popularity in the South East and Great Lakes, the Mid Atlantic remains by far our most recognisable area. My main concern was the positioning of the monthly event. In time, I hoped, we'd have our choice of the calendar to hold our shows. At the moment, we'd settled on the last Saturday of the month as only Fumihiro Ota was unavailable that day, and being a non-speaker he's a hard man to build a feud around. Still, it was possible that it'd change as our competitors' schedules did. In any case, until we got pay-per-view, TV would now be the focus of the company. Plans changed all the time, of course. We might only last a few weeks on television, and that meant we had to be ready to switch back... or adapt in other ways. I was lucky that I enjoyed this kind of thing. * I was a bit peeved, though, as Providence had been intended to be Kirk's first significant post-Andrews challenger. I'd noted that the painted one had been putting together strong showings over the last year, and if he wasn't as good as Andrews, he wasn't a bad substitute either. Unfortunately, with him going off to SWF, I had to come up with something else for the first show. It didn't help that on the night of the third weekly show, Kirk, Raphael and the other CGC guys would be busy. Nothing I can do about that, is there? * PSW pulled an impressive show from nowhere in May, putting us in last place in the Great Lakes and Mid Atlantic. In New England, we were behind PSW but ahead of RIPW. * TCW's Total Mayhem 18 was okay, by their standards. A MOTY contender saw Brent Hill beating Sammy Bach in the midcard, and the semi-final was a fine match with The Almighty Dollar rolling over The New Wave. The main event was an okay match with Freddy Huggins defending the World title against Tyson Baine. Huggins continues to perform well as champion, with his old school arrogant heel character given an added dimension by his sister and manager. Contrary to my expectations, Huggins is showing signs of having a very enjoyable run as champion, and if his matches won't quite be on a par with those of Brent Hill – whose could? – he’s already significantly more fun as a character. * [QUOTE][I][CENTER]MAW.com show report: On Tour in Puerto Rico Monday, 1st June 2013[/CENTER] Hello, grapple fans! This is Rip Chord, reporting from the islands of Puerto Rico as MAW once more visit San Juan. The atmosphere was electric backstage as we prepared for our first ever television show this Friday. Some of our budding stars were on the card for tonight's action, which went down as follows: The show kicked off with a wild tag match between Natural Storm and Ford & Speed. The former champions were smarting from their loss last Friday, and went after their ever-efficient opponents like a hurricane – appropriate, I guess. The two teams went back and forth, with honours pretty much even, but in the end Rayne pinned Speed with the Storm Damage. It seems that Natural Storm are intent on staying in the hunt for the gold. Bradford Peverell had some interesting things to say – including his willingness to accept open challenges for his Traditional title at any event he wrestles at. The ongoing feud between former partners Jaime Quine and Thea Davis continued in the next match. Quine has been ruthless since splitting with Davis, and has led assaults on a number of fan favourites. However, tonight she was on her own, and Davis took advantage with a Flying Elbow Drop. Casey Valentine called out Lassana Makutsi and challenged him to a match, with the prize of a tag team title shot on Friday's premiere on the line! I value initiative, and was happy to sign off on this – although my former trainee apparently underestimated his opponent as Makutsi entered a bruising performance, finally pinning the lad with a Lassana Stunner to book his spot on Friday's show. Antonio came out to help his teammate, and the two took the mic to complain about their luck. Jean Cattley emerged from backstage and ordered Antonio to put up or shut up – and I was happy to sign off on this too. The Second Sons were all out of luck tonight, as Jean picked up the win with a Mood Swing. In the main event, Bradford Peverell's open challenge was answered by Raphael – although with his heavy trenchcoat and hood, it's never easy to be sure who's actually in there until he actually takes the damn thing off. The two put on a fine contest, with Peverell's fists flying like concrete blocks and Raphael doing his best to take away the punches with a series of armlocks. A Dream Left Hook ended it for the champ. Overview: Natural Storm def. Ford & Speed – D- Thea Davis def. Jaime Quine – D- Lassana Makutsi def. Casey Valentine – D- Jean Cattley def. Antonio – D- Bradford Peverell def. Raphael – D+ Overall: D[/I][/QUOTE] * It seems a shock move by FCW to sign SWF referee Jay Fair has failed because – get this – he's too big for them. He's a referee! SWF have also had some good news in the signing of Alex DeColt who's signed a PPA deal with the company – a move that will see him drop his FCW contract, but stay with CZCW and CGC. * [CENTER][B]MAW Nationwide[/B] Thea Davis, Brooke Tyler and Debbie Rose vs. Joanne Rodriguez, Jaime Quine and Nadia Snow Team Honor vs. Always Breakin' Hollywood (c) – MAW Tag Team titles "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith vs. Tim Westybrook Eddie Powell and Kirk Jameson vs. Firebird and Rudy Velasquez[/CENTER]

Thea Davis, Brooke Tyler and Debbie Rose vs. [B]Joanne Rodriguez, Jaime Quine and Nadia Snow[/B] [i]One side has Snow and J-Ro and the other doesn't[/i] [B]Team Honor[/B] vs. Always Breakin' Hollywood (c) – MAW Tag Team titles [i]Surprise title change on the first TV show?[/i] "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith vs. [B]Tim Westybrook[/B] [B]Eddie Powell and Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Firebird and Rudy Velasquez

[B]MAW Nationwide[/B] Thea Davis, Brooke Tyler and Debbie Rose vs. [B]Joanne Rodriguez, Jaime Quine and Nadia Snow[/B] Team Honor vs. [B]Always Breakin' Hollywood [/B](c) – MAW Tag Team titles "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith vs. [B]Tim Westybrook[/B] [B]Eddie Powell and Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Firebird and Rudy Velasquez

Thea Davis, Brooke Tyler and Debbie Rose vs. [B]Joanne Rodriguez, Jaime Quine and Nadia Snow[/B] Team Honor vs. [B]Always Breakin' Hollywood (c)[/B] – MAW Tag Team titles "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith vs. [B]Tim Westybrook[/B] [B]Eddie Powell and Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Firebird and Rudy Velasquez Good luck with the t.v. era.

Thea Davis, Brooke Tyler and Debbie Rose vs. [B]Joanne Rodriguez, Jaime Quine and Nadia Snow[/B] [I]More talent on the heel side[/I] Team Honor vs. [B]Always Breakin' Hollywood (c)[/B] – MAW Tag Team titles [I]Title change isn't unfeasible but I think the champs retain[/I] "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith vs.[B] Tim Westybrook[/B] [I]It's clear Westybrook is being built up as the next main challenger for the main title.[/I] [B]Eddie Powell and Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Firebird and Rudy Velasquez [I]Just feel that you'd rather keep your champ strong at this stage.[/I]

[B]MAW Nationwide[/B] Thea Davis, Brooke Tyler and Debbie Rose vs. [B]Joanne Rodriguez, Jaime Quine and Nadia Snow[/B] Team Honor vs. [B]Always Breakin' Hollywood[/B] (c) – MAW Tag Team titles "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith vs. [B]Tim Westybrook[/B] [B] Eddie Powell and Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Firebird and Rudy Velasque

Archived