Quick blood relative question

'Fraid not. You have to enter each relation manually. As someone that has brothers from three different fathers, this actually is something that shouldn't be automatic. If my mom and dad each had children with different partners, then both kids would be my blood relatives, but they wouldn't with each other. As well, I really hope that you're not making the parents blood relatives. The kids will have webbed feet, or something.

This would've been the case in '07, but it was changed in '08 for the reasons above, as well as others. If A is related to B, and C is related to A, B and C won't automatically be related. And like Greg said, A and B definately should not be related in your example! :p

[QUOTE=BurningHamster;444688]That is one thing that annoys me greatly. Adding each blood relationship is so tedious for large families.:mad:[/QUOTE] Another thing about this if they are blood related and don't like each other. this may not be the case in your example but making it automatic disallows for setting up blood relatives that don't like each other.

[QUOTE=Apupunchau@optonline;444695]Another thing about this if they are blood related and don't like each other. this may not be the case in your example but making it automatic disallows for setting up blood relatives that don't like each other.[/QUOTE] Yeah that is a valid reason for why the system is how it is at the moment. During the development phase of '08 I suggested a system to add workers into a group which was their family and automatically gave each worker a blood relationship. It would be much easier to simply leave one member out, and give him the family feud relationship than to one by one add every single relationship. However since I know nothing of programming I don't know if something like this was ever possible, simply the wishes of someone who knows the horror of trying to add every blood relationship of a little family of Samoans. And don't even get me started on luchadores, is there anyone in Mexico who isn't someone's son or brother or uncle?

Archived