Match brought the crowd's mood down?

Howdy gang. Longtime-lurker here. I'm currently playing as FCW.. heading into September, 2008. I'm getting the "Brought the crowd's mood down" in almost every match I book. Although I'm getting decent ratings. (D's and high E's) I haven't altered the product, using the june 15th patch, and usually doing just regular 1 vs 1 and tag matches. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? ..or if I'm doing anything wrong? :)

Upgrade to the latest patch (June 18th at this time, probably June 19 by tomorrow). See if that helps any. IF not, please include more data. For example: What is bringing the mood down? Ussually, a lesser match or angle brings the crowds mood down, but a better one will bring it right back up.

Not really doing anything "wrong" The match will bring the crowds mood down if it dosen't get at least the same grade as it's popularity. For instance if you have a promotion that is a C in the region you are running and u put on a D+ match. Even though it was great for said wrestlers, the crowd will still be expecting more.

I think various people came to accept the 'crowd's mood' as a value that started at around C- at the beggining of every show, got modified by the events during the show, and the end value is the show's rating, or at least the show's rating is based upon it (before being modified by end-of-show notes like over-used workers, not enough angles, etc). That's not fact or anything, but it's one of those things that nobody found any evidence to argue with so agreed that it must be true. ¬_¬ Thus, if you're putting on E and D rated segments, it'll still bring the crowd's mood down until it gets to that level, even though they're not particularly bad segments for the size of promotion you're running, because you're never realistically going to be hitting C- with your undercard at that size. However, it seems to be a bit like popularity increases, that is to say, it won't tell you unless it's a big enough difference. So if the hypothetical crowd's mood is at D, and you run a D+ angle or match, it won't say "this segment has raised the crowd's mood", because it's not enough of a difference. You'd need a C+ angle or something to get that note. Essentially: Ignore the crowd's mood. That works for everyone else, including me. ¬_¬ Who gives a damn how the crowd are feeling anyway? They've given you their money! On a more serious note though, nobody really has much of an idea, or if they have, they haven't told us. :p

I get it a lot with FCW but I just ignore it now as it seems to happen whatever I do. Often my 1st match will be in the E/E+ range so I normally accept that it'll bring the crowd's mood down. The problem for me is when the next match scores a D-/D and it still brings the crowd's mood down. Surely it should cheer them up a bit since it was better than the last match?

One of the big tips I can give you is to start the show off hot. I always bring out my top dogs to bring in a nice segment rating for the first slot (95% of the time it's an angle). Then after that for the first actually match I usually make it a good one (usually the 3rd best on the card) and featuring some competitive mid or upper mid card talent. The next match will usually be my worst one of the night and from there I'll slowly build until I get to the top two matches which will of course be last. So basically always try to start off hot and end hot and to just try and stay decent in the middle. That formula has always worked for me.

Thanks for all the good advice. Think what D-Lyrium said is pretty much right on the money.. As I don't seem to get the note when producing C- and above segments/matches. Lucky me that Hell's Bouncer and Puerto Rican Power have great chemistry. :-P And a big bah at those candians bastard Stone family for snatching away DWN.

I usually - but not always - get the 'brought the crowd's mood down' for a D-, and always get it for anything below. I occasionally get "lifted the crowd" for a B-, and always get it for anything above. This is with NOTBPW, by the way.

Archived