Canadian Charisma Championship Combat

[COLOR="Silver"](OOC: No backstory or anything. Playing on Free Style. The LDW 2.0 thing didn't quite work out, as it ended up being LDW 1.0 with a slightly different roster. I wanted to do something new, and above all I just wanted to write stuff! :p You'll meet my user character in a while, and I'll brief you on him when he arrives. Hopefully the lack of a backstory or any kind of backstage shenanigans won't put too many people off reading. I'm sure backstage banter will make it's way into the writeups somehow :p).[/COLOR] ----------- Dark Match ----------- [COLOR="Gray"]For the fans in the arena, and included on the DVD Extras, [b]Thunder & Lightning d. Eric Blackley and Canadian Crusher in 5:45[/b] Crusher dominated the majority of the match, only pausing to verbally bash the fans who were chanting negativities towards he and his partner – and not the sort you have to expect when you’re heels. Faith, at ringside for the Thunder and Lightning duo, worked especially well with Jason Thunder. It was a rather poor match by any standards, but the merciful finish came after almost six minutes, when Jason Thunder hit the Thunder Struck (a standing rear choke lifted into an Ace Crusher) on Blackley (who was made to look a bit of a chump, I can’t remember him getting any offense at all during his short stints as the legal man) while Crusher was distracted arguing with the fans. [[COLOR="DarkRed"]F+[/COLOR]][/COLOR] [CENTER]======================= [B]4C Presents… Cage Rage[/B] [I]In front of a sold-out crowd of 300 at Concordia Hall Monday, Week 4, January 2008[/I] =======================[/CENTER] [B]Hardcore Killah[/B] and [B]Slim V[/B] are seated on some empty equipment cases backstage, as [B]Sayeed Ali[/B] paces in front of them with his 4C Championship title. “[COLOR="DarkRed"]You two gotta be on your own game tonight, a'ight? Can’t rely on me all the time. Later, I gotta get inside a steel cage, with Barry Kingman, to defend this[/COLOR]”, he taps his title, laying across his shoulder with the faceplate above his heart. “[COLOR="DarkRed"]I have to be prepared. Ain’t no shame in admitting that, bro. Can’t just walk in there with my head held high and be all like “lay down, bitch, this mah house!” That **** don’t work, Kingman knows his stuff. There’s gon’ be blood, and not all o’it’s gon’ be his. So I need my crew to take care of their own business. We clear?[/COLOR]” There’s some nodding and grunting from Thug Life. “[COLOR="DarkRed"]And fo’ God’s sake, don’t get involved tonight. There’s a cage for a reason, yo, don’t be doing nothin’ stupid. If I lose, I lose. If I win, I want it to be ‘cause I was better’n him, not because my homies got up in his **** and won my title for me. That just ain’t Gangsta, a'ight? Now good luck ‘n’ all that, but tonight you’re on your own. This is my time, you want your own time? Go get it for yourselves![/COLOR]”. Ali 'lightly' slaps each member ‘upside his head’, and points to what we can only assume is the ring, before walking off in the opposite direction. [[COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] [b]Chris Flynn vs. Davis Wayne Newton[/b] A very decent match from Newton, who was pretty much carrying Flynn and letting him have very little offense in return. Flynn got some heat from the crowd for his lack of experience or psychology, but that didn’t detract too much from Newton, who was on fire. When he hit the Fisherman’s Suplex to end it at a little over five and a half minutes, many fans were wondering how good a rematch would be once Flynn had some more experience under his belt and was a little less green; there was definitely chemistry there.. [b]Winner[/b]: Davis Wayne Newton [[COLOR="Sienna"]D-[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] [B]Newton [/B]has a microphone, and stares at [B]Flynn [/B]who’s still prone on the mat. “[COLOR="DarkRed"]Thanks for the workout, champ. I mean, that’s all that was supposed to be, right? A light sparring session?[COLOR="Black"]” the fans shower him with boos as he turns directly to the camera. “[/COLOR]Whoever’s in charge of this ship, listen up. I’m Davis Wayne Newton, the Triple Threat. This guy, he ain’t a threat to nobody! Next month, at X Factor, I want a match. A REAL one this time! Challenge me, booker-man![/COLOR]” He turns to leave but changes his mind and continues, adopting a calmer tone of voice, “[COLOR="DarkRed"]Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it. My uniform motion is upwards, and there ain’t no external force here big enough to stop me![/COLOR]” He pauses to allow most fans to boo, but some of the more nerdy ones to giggle and delight in the direction he’s going with this. “[COLOR="DarkRed"]For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. In layman’s terms - and boy do we need layman’s terms here in Quebec – what goes up, must come down. Allow me to demonstrate![/COLOR]” DWN picks Flynn’s limp body off the mat, and hits a Fisherman’s Suplex again. “[COLOR="DarkRed"]See, he went up… then he went down. And so will everyone else who ever steps into this ring against me. As for me, I’m above the law. Damnit, I AM THE LAW! I’m Davis Wayne Newton, these are Newton’s Laws of Wrestling! It ain’t ego, it’s science, and science says I’m better than you![/COLOR]” Newton throws the mic down on top of Chris Flynn, who’s now receiving medical assistance, and struts cóckily up the ramp. [[COLOR="Sienna"]D[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] We’re in a locker room with [B]Sayeed Ali[/B], alone except for the metal chair he’s sitting on. “[COLOR="DarkRed"]Kingman. I respect you, man, you’re an old dog, a loyal companion who follows you, takes care of you, would never dream of leaving you. But that’s yo’ problem. You follow. You never lead. You bark at a stranger when he enters your house, but you ain’t never gon’ do nothin’. Maybe that’s just common sense? You saw what happened to Jacob Jett little over a month ago. He took somethin’ I wanted. I ain’t got nothin’ against him. I wanted that title, he happened to have it when I got an opportunity. Wrong place, wrong time.[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="DarkRed"]You been here long enough to know what happens in January. In January, we roll out the good ol’ fashioned Cage Match for the main event. Just so happens, you’re up next for a shot at my gold. So the beating you’re about to have delivered, the blood you’re about to lose? It ain’t nothin’ personal, man. Just wanted to let you know that. You jus’ a stranger breakin’ into my house. But I ain’t no 'old faithful'. I’mma REAL dog. I’mma tear you up, spit you out, foamin’ at the mouth all the while[/COLOR].” “[COLOR="DarkRed"]But it ain’t nothin’ personal. Jus’ protectin’ my property. Wrong place, wrong time[/COLOR]”. [[COLOR="Sienna"]D[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] A hype video plays to the crowd next, showing clips of various Thug Life vs. Phenomenal Excess matches, before promising “Thug Life vs. Phenomenal Excess: The Last Chance Dance”. As Terry announces on the voiceover, this means that "[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]if Thug Life lose this match, they will never get another shot at the tag team titles here in 4C![/COLOR]" [[COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] [u]The Last Chance Dance[/u] [b]Phenomenal Excess vs. Thug Life[/b] Thug Life entered the match looking focuses and ready, something they haven’t been since any 4C fan can remember. Gone where the semi-comical pre-match ceremonies, it was straight down to business. Sadly, they still weren’t very good in the ring, but Duberry managed to hide that quite well when he was getting beaten down by Slim. With Killah spending large portions of the bout on the apron, the match turned out as good as could be expected. At the finish, Slim played ‘plucky youngster that won’t stay down’ very well as E tried everything he could think of to finish him off. He failed each time though, and while turning to tag in Duberry, Slim V caught him with a kick right between the legs. “[COLOR="Blue"]A perfectly legal Greco-Roman kick to the testicles![/COLOR]” assured Ted Ross on colour commentary. Tagging in, Killah cleared Excess from the apron before nailing the still-struggling Phenomenal E with a terrible-looking Detroit Drop (Pumphandle Slam). A three-count later and The 187’s held the main title and the tag titles, but how long would that last? [b]Winners[/b]: Thug Life become the new 4C Tag Team Champions. [[COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] [u]One on Two Handicap Match[/u] [b]Canadian Dragon vs. Too Sweet[/b] There seemed little point in this match happening from a storyline point of view, the three of them were probably sitting backstage and realized they had nothing to do. Things tend to work like that in 4C; you want something, you ask for it, you usually get it. Essentially a comedy match, it was obvious from the outset that Dragon would eventually win, but still it was entertaining enough for what it was. It ended at around the eight minute mark with a Northern Neckbreaker on Too Hot while TJ Bailey’s arms were trapped between the ropes. [b]Winner:[/b] Canadian Dragon [[COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] [B]Joey Poison[/B] is in the ring, with a microphone. The reaction he’s getting seems to imply that the fans don’t really want to boo him, but will because they’re supposed to. He giggles to himself, before speaking. “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Kinda weird, isn’t it? Here I am, in this arena in Quebec, with a microphone in my hand. And [B]Darryl Devine[/B] isn’t here to stop me wasting your time and ‘hurting my ears with your constant whining’. What’s up with that? Can you hear me Darryl? Haven’t gone deaf, have you? Because of my whining? Whine, whine, whine. But not too much, or you’ll all get drunk! Hehe! Maybe I’ve had one too many chairshots to the head?[/COLOR]" "[COLOR="Blue"]Ya think?[/COLOR]" asks Ted Ross on commentary. "[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Maybe he is here after all, and I just can’t see him? Are you in my blind spot, Darryl?[/COLOR]” Joey staggers around the ring with his arms outstretched for a while, looking for Devine. “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Nope, we’ve thoroughly established that he’s not here. Where are you then, Darryl? All these fans have paid good money to see you tonight. You’re not in…[COLOR="Black"]” he gasps, melodramatically, “[/COLOR]the SWF?! Are you?! Hehe, you naughtly little devil, running off to Richard Eisen’s wallet. It’s a very small place in there you know, it’s got lots of money in it, so there’s little room for anything else! Especially not wrestling![/COLOR]”. Suddenly aware that he's starting to get cheers from the crowd, he changes tack. “[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Ok, [I]now[/I] I’m whining. Jealousy will do that to you. You see, really, that spot should’ve been [I]mine[/I]. I’ve worked far harder, far longer, to get into Richard Eisen’s wallet. I want to rub up against Benjamin Franklin, and be spent like water! I want to…[/COLOR]” At just the right moment, as soon as interrupting Joey would get him the desired reaction, generic rock music hits the sound system and the debuting [B]Thomas Morgan[/B] steps out onto the ramp, armed with a microphone. “[COLOR="Purple"]You wanna talk about earning your spot?! You try being in the business for sixteen years, and not even getting so much as a mention at even the promotions in your home country![/COLOR]” Thomas Morgan is angry. The fans like angry. “[COLOR="Purple"]You ‘deserve’ that spot, do you Joey? You and your spaced-out little egg-fried-brain DESERVE a spot? Well let’s put Eisen’s money where your mouth is, eh?[/COLOR]” [[COLOR="Sienna"]D-[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] [b]Joey Poison vs.[/b] [I]"Trademark"[/I] [b]Thomas Morgan[/b] This could definitely have been better, at times it seemed to drift a bit when the wrestlers seemed to forget what page of the story they were on, but it was still very enjoyable. Knowing they were evenly matched on the ground and in the air, Poison set about smashing Morgan in the face in new and interesting ways, but Morgan soon had him on the ground, and was countering everything Poison threw at him, until Poison countered a German Suplex in mid air, slamming Morgan’s head to the mat with a reverse DDT and instantly covering for the pinfall before Morgan knew what’d happened. Poison helped Morgan to his feet, but stopped short of shaking his hand. Morgan shrugged, as if to say “[COLOR="Purple"]fine, you win this one…[/COLOR]”. Poison smiled, before feigning a sucker punch. Then he walked up the ramp, giggling to himself at Morgan's startled reaction. [b]Winner:[/b] Joey Poison [[COLOR="Sienna"]D[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] Video time, this one showing [B]Jacob Jett[/B]’s injuries at the hands of [B]Sayeed Ali[/B] at last month’s show. The video shows his the repeated chair shots to the knee, before putting him through a table face-first. In a different part of the match Jett is seen getting his face grinded along the ironically-named ‘safety’ railings, before a GBH Driver (twisting DDT) to the table debris ends the match. “[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]and[/COLOR]”, [B]Terry Smith[/B] notes on the voiceover, “[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Possibly his career![/COLOR]”. [[COLOR="Sienna"]D-[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] A video plays hyping [B]Frankie Dee[/B] vs. [B]Brett Fraser[/B]. There’s not a lot to show, as there’s no real storyline here, but clips of Dee’s recent winning streak and Brett’s silly hat manage to fill a two minute video. [[COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] [i]4C Hardcore Championship Match[/i] [b]Brett Fraser vs.[/b] [I]“The White Angel”[/I] [b]Frankie Dee[/b] The non-nonsense ass-kicking style of Brett Fraser and the martial-arts training of Frankie Dee meet in a decent match. Frankie didn’t once use a weapon, or do anything remotely ‘hardcore’, but still managed to pull out the win when he hit his Shinanju Kick on Fraser after 11 minutes. After winning, and accepting the fans adoration, he gave his new title a cursory glance as it was handed to him, and then left. [b]Winner:[/b] Frankie Dee, new 4C Hardcore Champion [[COLOR="Sienna"]D-[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] A video plays hyping [B]Barry Kingman[/B] vs. [B]Sayeed Ali[/B]. The film catalogues Ali’s dominant rise to the #1 contendership, his violent beatings of Warren Technique, Air Attack Weasel and Nomad, all of whom have since left the company. Then highlights of the title match with Jacob Jett are shown, the chair shots, the top-rope GBH Driver (twisting DDT) through a table, the powerbomb from the ring to the concrete floor, the triple-team Gorilla Press slam (Killah) into an Ace Crusher (Ali) followed by a Frog Splash (Slim) delivered by Ali and Thug Life after the match, and the many other violent and bloody bumps Jett took. Briefly, Troy Winner is shown backstage, with Barry Kingman nearby, and quick flashes of Ali’s promo’s from tonight. [[COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] [U]Classic Rules Cage Match for the 4C Championship Title[/U] [I]"The East-side Assassin"[/I] [b]Sayeed Ali vs. Barry Kingman[/b] Kingman entered first and ran the ropes for a while, trying to ignore the cage as much as possible, until Ali’s music hit and the champion made his way down the ramp. Ali entered the cage straight away, not wasting any time playing to the crowd or verbally abusing Kingman. He was in the zone. Kingman started the match trying to out-wrestle Ali, and was successful for a spell, but it degenerated into a bloody brawl far quicker than Kingman would’ve liked. Barry tried for an Irish Whip into the ropes, but Ali blocked it, and reversed it with a savage whip of his own, sending Kingman smashing face-first into the side of the cage, the ropes failing to stop his freight-train-like momentum in time. Seeing the success of this, Ali repeated it on all four sides. As he collapsed to the floor, it was clear to see that First Blood went to the champ. Kingman fought hard, and well, for the middle of the match. He never looked outclassed, and never looked like being a walkover. Ali was busted open after around six minutes, when Kingman locked in a Full Nelson and dragged Ali’s face along the steel mesh of the cage, before delivering a Full Nelson Suplex and bridging for a two-count. However, the sight of his own blood enraged Ali, and gave him an almost instant second-wind. Kingman spent a further three minutes being pummeled from all angles, before mounting a superman-comeback, beating Ali to a corner, and then laying into him with chops and hooks until Ali sank to the floor, his legs giving way. Then Kingman made a fatal mistake; he picked Ali up to his feet, ready for the double underhook facebuster that sets up his variation of a guillotine choke he calls The Blackout. Unfortunately for him, Ali was feigning the degree of his fatigue, and unloaded with rights and lefts to the face as soon as Kingman picked him up. The final four minutes of the match were all Ali, as he viciously beat down Kingman, finishing by grabbing his head in a DDT position and running backwards into the cage. He repeated this with each side, never letting go of the headlock, before finally nailing a running GBH Driver (a twisting DDT) and hooking the leg for the academic pinfall. [b]Winner:[/b] Sayeed Ali [[COLOR="Sienna"]D+[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] After the match has ended [B]Ali[/B] stands above [B]Kingman[/B], staring at him with blood and sweat clinging to his snarling face. Out of nowhere, [B]Jacob Jett[/B] hobbles onto the ramp with a heavily strapped knee and bandaging on his head, [B]Katie Cameron[/B] supports him. He gives Ali a cócky, slow golf clap. It takes Ali (and the sold out crowd of 300) a while to notice, but when he does he simply smiles and holds his belt up where Jett can see it. The show ends with a great freeze-frame for the DVD from the announcer’s position; a bloody Sayeed Ali holding his title aloft above an unconscious and much bloodier Barry Kingman, with an injured Jett in the background. [[COLOR="Sienna"]D+[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] [B]Overall:[/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]D[/COLOR] [I]Personally, I reckon that's a pretty good show for Quebec. As long as we don't start to slip below D- shows, we should be fine.[/I] ------------------- Backstage Incident ------------------- [B]Phenomenal E[/B] was spreading rumours about [B]Eric Blackley[/B] backstage at Cage Rage, something about how he loved his Optimus pyjamas so much as a child that he had an adult-sized version made, and wears them to bed religiously. Apparently new 4C booker David Knight found it funny, but warned 'E to calm down before things got nasty. ------------- Quick Results: ------------- 1: Davis Wayne Newton defeated Chris Flynn in 5:40 by pinfall with a Fisherman's Suplex. 2: Thug Life defeated Phenomenal Excess in 10:13 when Hardcore Killah defeated Duberry Excess by pinfall with a Detroit Drop. Thug Life win the 4C Tag Team Championship titles. 3: Canadian Dragon defeated Too Sweet in 8:07 when Canadian Dragon defeated Too Hot by pinfall with a Northern Neckbreaker. 4: Joey Poison defeated Thomas Morgan in 11:45 by pinfall with a fast roll up. 5: Frankie Dee defeated Brett Fraser in 11:32 by pinfall with a Shinanju Kick. Frankie Dee wins the 4C Hardcore Championship title. 6: Sayeed Ali defeated Barry Kingman in a Cage match in 14:58 by pinfall with a G.B.H. Driver. Sayeed Ali makes defence number 1 of his 4C Championship title. ----------- OOC Notes ----------- - There would normally be predictions at this point, but as you'll see, predictions for the next card would be utterly pointless :p - Hmm, reading it back... too much colour? Too much bold? I dunno. I like the idea of different colour text for each speaker, but it looks kind of **** :p

----------- Dark Matches ----------- [COLOR="Gray"][b]Brett Fraser d. Canadian Crusher, Eric Blackley and Too Hot in 6:50 with a Double-Arm DDT on Too Hot.[/b] Essentially a squash match. Crusher dominated for about twelve seconds, before being triple teamed and essentially eliminated from the match. After that it was all Fraser. The crowd were still hotly against Crusher and Blackley. [[COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] [b]Masked Wrestler #1 defeated Masked Wrestler #2 in 7:34 by pinfall with a Lariat.[/b] No, I'm not telling you who they are :p [/COLOR] [[COLOR="Sienna"]D[/COLOR]] [CENTER]======================= [B]4C Presents… X-Factor[/B] [I]In front of a crowd of 617 at Twin Elm Park. Monday, Week 4, February 2008[/I] =======================[/CENTER] Backstage, Sayeed Ali and Thug Life again open the show with a bit of a pat-on-the-back session. All three members proudly display their titles, to the booing of the fans in the arena. There’s an ominous dumpster behind the trio throughout. “[COLOR="Red"]Man, I be hatin’ this ‘mystery partner’ shizzle[/COLOR][COLOR="Black"]”, moans Slim. “[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]I don’ like not knowin’ important ****[/COLOR]”. “[COLOR="Purple"]Thought you’d be used to it by now[/COLOR]” cracks Ali. Killah sníggers, prompting a dig in the ribs by Slim to shut him up. “[COLOR="Red"]Why’s you gots to be so mean to us man? We won the titles, didn’t we? We got the job done bro! Look at us now, we’s gangstuh![/COLOR]”. Ali begins to laugh, but Killah stands up for his partner. “[COLOR="DarkRed"]No, fo’ real man. We got the job done. Cut us some slack, yo. Aight?[/COLOR]” “[COLOR="Purple"]Aight, since you’re so good at gettin’ the job done now, how’s about you two find out who my opponent’s gonna be tonight? I don’t care how, jus’ do it. I need to know these things.[/COLOR]” Ali walks off, leaving a disgruntled Thug Life to mull over the task ahead. Suddenly, it becomes a lot easier for them as Plague pops his head out of the dumpster, screaming “[COLOR="Blue"]yooohoo![/COLOR]”. Thug Life, scared ****less by the unexpected intrusion, immediately turn around and beat Plague back into the dumpster, slam the lid down and wheel it off the set. Seconds later, they walk back on camera, satisfied. “[COLOR="DarkRed"]This ‘gettin’ the job done’ shizzle, easy as pie.[/COLOR]” boasts Killah. “[COLOR="Red"]Fo’ sho’! We real gangstuh now HK![/COLOR]” agrees Slim, as they high-five and walk off to find Ali. [[COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] [b]Phenomenal Excess vs. Rich and Famous[/b] In a special ‘challenge’ match, which turned out to be anything but, Phenomenal Excess made short work of CZCW imports Jordan and Idol. The rookies didn’t get a lot of offence at all, and Phenomenal E looked as if he could’ve handled matters by himself. He did tag out eventually, but only briefly before coming back to end the match with his Tumbleweed Legdrop. [b]Winner[/b]: Phenomenal Excess. [[COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] We’re backstage with Davis Wayne Newton, also unsure who his opponent will be. “[COLOR="DarkRed"]They call this the X-Factor. A secret opponent, nobody knows who’ll fight who. Only IF they’ll fight tonight, and WHEN. I’m on second, and half the contenders in the last match weren’t on our roster… that leaves a lot of options. I’d say, somewhere in the region of a 260-1 chance of guessing your opponent. I don’t like those odds, not one bit. However, I’m willing to participate in this event, all in the name of science, of course. Maybe, just maybe, the powers that be were watching last week. Last week when I scientifically dissected Chris Flynn. When I asked, nay – begged – for a better opponent. Who says it’ll even be one opponent? You never know, those in the know might be clever enough to have booked… a Triple Threat?[/COLOR]” [[COLOR="Sienna"]D-[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] [b]Davis Wayne Newton d. Chris Flynn[/b] Already in the ring, and awaiting his opponent, Newton looked visibly annoyed when Chris Flynn walked through the curtains. He started barking at the nearest camera about how useless this match was, and how much of a waste of time this ‘experiment’ would be, since the conclusion had already been reached a month ago. Nevertheless, Newton played his part, and destroyed Flynn inside four minutes, ending with the Fisherman’s Suplex. [b]Winner:[/b] Davis Wayne Newton [[COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] “[COLOR="Blue"]Fine![/COLOR]” yells Flynn, picking himself up groggily from the mat as Newton storms off. He’s handed a microphone, and he proceeds to immediately make us all wish he wasn’t. Newton stops and turns back to listen. “[COLOR="Blue"]If you won’t fight me, fight [B]with [/B]me! I can be your partner. Your student, if you want. I can learn from you. I can improve. You’ll see![/COLOR]” Newton just turns away again and walks to the back. “[COLOR="Blue"]Damnit, let me learn![/COLOR]” yells Flynn, but Newton doesn’t return. [[COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] [u]4C Tag Team Championship Match[/u] [b]Thug Life vs. Thunder & Lightning[/b] Another short match, barely lasting five minutes from entrances to exits. Despite Thunder & Lightning technically being number one contenders (since the only other tag team in the company lost a title match last month), Thunder and Lightning weren’t treated as a potential threat. Again, Hardcore Killah stayed on the outside for most of the match, yelling support to his team mate and abuse at the young duo opposite. Slim and Lomas wrestled the majority of the match, and it was them who finished it with Slim hitting the Murder One (Overhead Choke Suplex) on Lomas. [b]Winners[/b]: Thug Life [[COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] Sayeed Ali comes to the ring to congratulate his ‘homies’. He hands them their titles, and embraces Killah, before Slim jumps on both of them in an overenthusiastic attempt to get in on the action. Ali brushes him off, and Killah takes Slim to one side to calm him down. “[COLOR="Purple"]See, this is what a good team does. It works together, it gathers information for the leader, which the leader can then use to further his goals. Oh, and occasionally a good team wins matches too, but that’s enough about that. You see, now I know who I’m facing, it takes away any advantage they once might’ve had. The element of surprise has gone, Plague. No more sneakin’ up on the dog while he’s asleep. This dog’s awake now, and he’s lookin’ for more blood. It’s such a shame you had to come all the way up from California just to be sent back in an ambulance, but that’s how life is when you’re not me. You were stupid to agree to this. Just like all the others, it’s nothin’ personal. Hell, I don’t even know you. Jus’ another case of wrong place, wrong time. You in my place, an’ this is my time.[/COLOR]” He throws the microphone down, and motions to the other 187’s before returning to the back. [[COLOR="Sienna"]D[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] [i]“Trademark”[/i] [b]Thomas Morgan vs. Canadian Dragon[/b] Morgan, complete with shades and sparkly jacket (why is it that wrestlers can get away with wearing a suit jacket with no shirt?) comes out to a warm reception from the crowd. It’s about time he got a chance with a major promotion, and the fans seem to acknowledge that he’s someone that deserves a shot. Not so Canadian Dragon, who they’ve decided they don’t really like. Despite being Canadian, and a dragon. Dragon was definitely the underdog in this one, and while you couldn’t call it a squash match, Morgan was always going to win. After a few nice spots from CanDrag, Morgan put him away with the Trademark Twist (a Twist of Fate). [b]Winner:[/b] Thomas Morgan [[COLOR="Sienna"]D-[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] “[COLOR="Green"]Why are you so quiet?[/COLOR]”, Joey Poison is mumbling to himself backstage. “[COLOR="Olive"]Who’re you talking to, darling?[/COLOR]” says another voice. As the camera pulls back a bit we see Joey in a foetal position with his head on someone’s lap. The voice suggests a female. “[COLOR="Green"]The voices. They won’t talk to me. They always talk to me! They tell me who I’m up against, how to beat them. They laugh and joke and tell me stories. But not tonight. Never tonight. Surely they know? They know everything![/COLOR]”, poor Joey seems most upset. “[COLOR="Olive"]Don’t worry darlin’. Whatever happens I’ll take care of you, my little biohazard.[/COLOR]” Joey smiles. “[COLOR="Green"]I know, princess. I know.[/COLOR]” Joey smiles, and snuggles up as the mystery female runs her fingers through his hair. “[COLOR="Green"]Guess I’d better go and find out…[/COLOR]” he adds, as we cut back to the ring. [[COLOR="Sienna"]D[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] [u]Hardcore Match For The 4C Hardcore Championship [/u] [b]Joey Poison vs.[/b][i] “The White Angel”[/i][b] Frankie Dee[/b] Joey, alone, walks out to a mixed but loud reaction from the crowd. He looks lost as he steps into the ring, almost as if he doesn’t quite know what he’s doing, or why all the strange people are sitting around watching him. It doesn’t help when the fans unite for a big cheer as Frankie Dee’s music hits and he appears, Hardcore Title around his waist and a kendo stick in his hand. Dee confidently strides to the ring, and presents his title belt to the referee, who holds it up. Before the bell, he passes the kendo stick – handle first – to Joey. Joey eyes it suspiciously, and puts his finger in his left ear as if straining to hear someone on the phone. Unsatisfied with the ‘reply’, or perhaps lack there of, he snatches the stick and throws it out of the ring. Dee just shrugs and adopts a fighting stance, awaiting the bell. What followed was ten minutes of pretty good match. As with the previous month, Frankie used no weapons at all, and other than a DDT to the stool used as ring steps, neither did Joey. The finish came when Joey, mid-comeback, paused. He was listening to ‘the voices’ again, trying to hear what they were saying. A few seconds later and all he could hear was ringing, as Dee capitalized with a Shunanju Kick right under the chin, dropping Poison to the mat and making the three-count inevitable. [b]Winner[/b]: Frankie Dee [[COLOR="Sienna"]D-[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] As Joey is helped backstage by the medical team, Frankie remains in the ring, accepting his title from Andy Gordy, but not looking especially thrilled about it. He’s soon joined in the ring by Teddy Ross (4C colour commentator extraordinaire) and a microphone. Ross is met with near silence by the fans, not because they don’t know who he is, but mostly because they’re confused by why he’s there. “[COLOR="Blue"]Sitting over there in that commentary booth has given me a certain ‘sight’. I get to see what goes on, I get to see every detail of every show. And one thing has always confused me, right from day one. Why [b]do[/b] we have a Hardcore title? What [b]is[/b] Hardcore? I’ll tell you what ‘Hardcore’ is. I’ll tell you what this title stands for. 1997 in the SWF. That’s Hardcore.[/COLOR]” The fans boo, but I don’t think they’re booing Ross. “[COLOR="Blue"]Hitting people in the face with a steel chair, or putting them through a table. That’s hardcore.[/COLOR]” More booing. This time maybe some of it was directed at Teddy. “[COLOR="Blue"]Am I wrong? OF COURSE I ****ING AM! This title is 1997. This title is SWF. This title is BULL****![/COLOR]” Frankie looks a little perturbed at this revelation, but the crowd seem to love it. “[COLOR="Blue"]This man right here, Frankie Dee, just destroyed Joey Poison, AND Brett Fraser, without even touching a weapon. Without even one single bit of help from an inanimate object. Is he not hardcore?![/COLOR]” The ‘he’s hardcore! He’s hardcore!’ chants from the fans suggest otherwise. “[COLOR="Blue"]My point exactly. And Sayeed Ali.[/COLOR]” Some booing for that namedrop, but not a lot as the point Teddy’s making appeals to the fans. “[COLOR="Blue"]He doesn’t use weapons… much. He’s not a nice guy, sure, but he’s not SWF 1997 ‘Hardcore’. He’s 4C, 2008 Hardcore![/COLOR]” A new chant; ‘we-are-hard-core! *clap, clap, clap-clap,clap*’. “[COLOR="Blue"]Yes. Yes you ****ing well are. You people, you make this show. You make this promotion what it is. And Troy Winner knows that[/COLOR]” a big pop for the little guy. “[COLOR="Blue"]That’s why Troy has decided that a commissioner was required here in 4C. See, Troy knows that his dedication to this promotion isn’t what it used to be. He’s a busy guy. He’s got commitments. He can’t keep running things as well as he used to. So he called me into his office, looked me in the… stomach, and said ‘Teddy, I need someone to run this place, and as unbelievable as it may seem, you’re the best man for the job’[/COLOR]”. A big cheer for the new commissioner. “[COLOR="Blue"]Now, he made it perfectly clear that he expects me to be a miserable failure. But I don’t read scripts. I don’t read writing on walls. That’s why I’m here, right? But to pull this one off, I’m gonna need your help. See, my first action as Commissioner of Canadian Charisma Championship Combat is to retire the 4C Hardcore Title, on the grounds that it’s a meaningless piece of crap![/COLOR]” Frankie looks quite taken aback, as although he didn’t much care for the nature of the title, it was still [b]his[/b] title. “[COLOR="Blue"]Now, don’t worry Frankie. Don’t worry. See, this is where the fans come in. I need a new title. But I don’t want just any title, I’m not going to stand for an ‘Intercontinental’ title, or an ‘Extreme’ title, or a ‘Shooting Star’ title. I want a title that MEANS something to 4C. And for it to MEAN something to 4C, it has to MEAN something to the fans. The fifth C; the Crowd. So get your asses logged on to the 4C website and get some ideas coming in! Frankie’s future is in yo...[/COLOR]” Teddy is cut off by the music of Brett Fraser. Ross rolls his eyes, as if he knew it was only a matter of time. “[COLOR="Sienna"]Just like that, huh? You’re just gonna throw MY title in the trash? MY Hardcore Title. The one I spilled pints of blood for, lost countless brain cells for? Suffered excruciating injuries for? Brett Fraser, three time 4C Hardcore Champion, you’re just gonna throw that in the trash?[/COLOR]”. “[COLOR="Blue"]Yup.[/COLOR]” said Ross, and tossed the microphone to the floor, heading back to the announcers booth. An enraged Fraser stormed to the ring, only to be leveled by a vicious belt-shot from Dee. Frankie dropped the belt across Fraser’s chest, mouthing ‘if you want it that badly, here. Have it.’ before leaving the ring. [[COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] [u]CZCW Challenge Match For The 4C Championship[/u] [i]”The East-Side Assassin”[/i] [b]Sayeed Ali vs. Plague[/b] Ali came to the ring his usual focused, confident self. Title strapped around his waist. That soon changed though when, after a full minute of his music blaring out of the speakers, Plague hadn’t appeared. Concerned, Ali started scanning the crowd looking for him. Unsuccessful, he got out of the ring and lifted the ring apron, looking under the ring for his opponent. When he still couldn’t find him, he went over to Teddy Ross at the commentary table and demanded answers, and which point Plague sprinted down the entrance ramp and stood in the centre of the ring, standing as if he’d been there forever. Ali turned around, did a double take, then charged at Plague and the match got underway. “[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Maybe Plague hasn’t lost the element of surprise after all![/COLOR]” commented Terry Smith on commentary. A solid main event followed. Not as bloody as previous Ali matches have been, due to the nature of the opponent (if I borrowed your pen and gave it back covered in blood with bits missing, you probably wouldn’t be too impressed), besides which Plague was much more agile and aerial-orientated for a straight-up brawl. In essence, the story of the match was Plague being elusive and unpredictable, angering Ali by not giving him the brawl that he so desired, and making him so angry that he started making mistakes which let Plague into the match. Just as Ali did get the upper hand, near the end when Plague started tiring from all that running around, Jacob Jett’s music hit the PA, and although Jett never appeared Ali was so distracted that Plague almost got a shock pinfall. Unfortunately for the fans though, Ali soon turned it around again and hit the GBH Driver for the victory. [b]Winner:[/b] Sayeed Ali [[COLOR="Sienna"]D[/COLOR]] [CENTER]---[/CENTER] [B]Overall:[/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Damn you, Teddy Ross. I knew I shouldn’t have made that last angle so long. Oh well, D- isn’t a tragedy.[/I] ------------- Quick Results: ------------- 1: Phenomenal Excess defeated Jackpot Jordan and Jake Idol in 7:48 when Phenomenal E defeated Jackpot Jordan by pinfall with a Tumbleweed Legdrop. 2: Davis Wayne Newton defeated Chris Flynn in 3:56 by pinfall with a Fisherman's Suplex 3: Thug Life defeated Thunder & Lightning in 4:47 when Slim V defeated Jason Thunder by pinfall with a Murder One. 4: Thomas Morgan defeated Canadian Dragon in 9:33 by pinfall. 5: Frankie Dee defeated Joey Poison in 12:52 by pinfall with a Shinanju Kick. Frankie Dee makes defence number 1 of his 4C Hardcore Championship title. 6: Sayeed Ali defeated Plague in 12:55 by pinfall. During the match we also had Jacob Jett distract Sayeed Ali. Sayeed Ali makes defence number 2 of his 4C Championship title. ----------- Next Month ----------- "Trademark" Thomas Morgan vs. Barry Kingman for the #1 Contendership to the 4C Championship. "The Amazing" Jacob Jett returns to action with a warm-up match against Joey Poison. Plus, exactly who is the new woman in Poison's life? And how can she put up with him? Thug Life defend their tag team titles against the debuting Stan 'The Man' Manna and Rockin' Ryan Turner. Too Sweet are scheduled to face Davis Wayne Newton and Chris Flynn in tag team action, but will Newton agree to team with the rookie? Quick Picks: Thomas Morgan vs. Barry Kingman Jacot Jett vs. Joey Poison Thug Life vs. The Rock City Stars Too Sweet vs. Davis Wayne Newton and Chris Flynn

Very good show, probably the best I've read from any of the 08 diaries - the Frankie Dee stuff was great, even if Teddy's promo dragged ratings down, and I really like the Thug Life stable. Thomas Morgan vs. [B]Barry Kingman[/B] - I mark hard for Kingman, so this is an optimistic pick. [B]Jacot Jett [/B]vs. Joey Poison - Similar to this week, voices distracting him. Trying to think who the female is, and drawing a blank... [B]Thug Life[/B] vs. The Rock City Stars - Thug Life uber-push is looking good. Too Sweet vs.[B] Davis Wayne Newton and Chris Flynn[/B] - DWN carries Flynn through.

I agree with Jaded, that last show was top drawer and I do really like the decision to consign the Hardcore Title to the trash bin. For the new Title, are you going to poll the 'fans' or do you already have something in mind. [B]Thomas Morgan[/B] vs. Barry Kingman [I]Get the feeling that Kingman's time at the top has come and gone, and it looks like you're going to PUSH Morgan. If Morgan's going to get an instant push anywhere, it'll be somewhere like 4C.[/I] [B]Jacot Jett[/B] vs. Joey Poison [I]More voices in the head for Poison, causing him to get distracted.[/I] [B]Thug Life[/B] vs. The Rock City Stars [I]No way are Thug Life going to job to a team, who weren't much more than a jobber tandem whilst in MAW[/I] Too Sweet vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton and Chris Flynn[/B] [I]The wrestling scientist gimmick for DWN is inspired. [/I] [I]Flynn gets isolated for the whole match as DWN refuses to tag in but then finally realises that he could lose the match, thus tainting his record....he then finally does come in and cleans house on Too Sweet to pick up the win.[/I]

Love the way you are pushing Frankie Dee. This is the gimmick I used for "The Wrath of God" everytime. [b]Thomas Morgan[/b] vs. Barry Kingman Jacot Jett vs. [b]Joey Poison[/b] [b]Thug Life[/b] vs. The Rock City Stars Too Sweet vs. [b]Davis Wayne Newton and Chris Flynn[/b]

Well, my predictions will be ^ I agree with then, as only the two singles matches will be competitive, and I see Jett and Morgan winning those. Poison can lose and still be a top draw for you - and Kingman... well, when has anyone properly got behind Barry Kingman? I was more interested in the teased tension in the 187's. A face Slim V could work, and slightly balance out the spilt of brawlers on the roster (well, balance is the wrong word, but at least it'd give you one face brawler). However, Sayeed Ali needs a crew, and the aging Hardcore Killah just doesn't cut it, so think you'd need a new partner...

Archived