At war....cant negotiate?

so ive built up TCW, im currently a bit ahead of SWF whom im at war with. Sadly everytime i try and negoatiate with one of there workers who becomes available, i get "worker rejects negotiations due to being at war with your company" wtf? isnt that the whole point? to sign and steal each others talent? kind of sucks if they NEVER even enter negotiations with you. AND im bigger at the moment. any ideas?

[QUOTE=Franchise22;449188]kind of sucks if they NEVER even enter negotiations with you. AND im bigger at the moment. any ideas?[/QUOTE] If you're getting that message then you aren't bigger than them. Either they're at a size rating greater than you, or they are the same size but have greater prestige. Therefore you are the weaker of the two promotions, and the less attractive proposition.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;449296]If you're getting that message then you aren't bigger than them. Either they're at a size rating greater than you, or they are the same size but have greater prestige. Therefore you are the weaker of the two promotions, and the less attractive proposition.[/QUOTE] I get this message when I am at the same size and prestige level as the WWE [who I am at war with].

[quote]"If you're getting that message then you aren't bigger than them. Either they're at a size rating greater than you, or they are the same size but have greater prestige. Therefore you are the weaker of the two promotions, and the less attractive proposition."[/quote] Don't take this the wrong way, but if you are at war with someone then people should be switching left right and center. Granted my only experience of this comes from the WWF/WCW wars, but you didn't have people switching only when one show was bigger... if it was the case then WCW never would of signed anyone because no way was WCW larger or had higher prestige when Lex Luger jumped ship all those years ago.

I think it depends on the personality of the worker. I was playing the Cverse '97 mod during the East Coast Wars, and I found that while some workers will reject you and give the "you're at war so I can't negotiate" others are willing to jump ship for a better deal...

[QUOTE=BiggN;449384]Don't take this the wrong way, but if you are at war with someone then people should be switching left right and center. Granted my only experience of this comes from the WWF/WCW wars, but you didn't have people switching only when one show was bigger... if it was the case then WCW never would of signed anyone because no way was WCW larger or had higher prestige when Lex Luger jumped ship all those years ago.[/QUOTE] People can switch sides in a war. If they are unhappy with the side they are on then they won't negotiate a contract extension, and therefore will be able to jump ship. This block only prevents people who are happy where they are from jumping to the lesser promotion.

[QUOTE=infinitywpi;449380]The exact same prestige level? You sure you're not at 88.6% to their 88.7%?[/QUOTE] Yes both were at 96% and super crazy refused to negotiate with me [2 times]. Now in fact I am at 96.1% prestige [dunno how it rose but I just pulled in 50000 folks for Starrcade so that may have helped] so I'll try again. Guessing that Super Crazy won't have any problems now ...

Not for SWF, the first two in particular I think are perfectly suited to it. Golden could get over as heck and Baine's already been in some great segments with champion Remo, his momentum has been through the roof since he debuted. Buffalo will get a short push but it's more just a matter of stealing their most over guys and making them bring in sub-par talent to compensate :cool:

[QUOTE=Brak;452782]How do you find out when a rival promotion's talent's contract is expiring soon? Is it on the news website?[/QUOTE] Shortlist the workers - then you get an email when they have a couple of weeks left of their written contract.

Rob is right but I'll add that expiring contracts do show up on the website. I'm not sure if they do all the time though so I'll second the suggestion to shortlist any workers you would like to sign. If you don't mind "cheating" a little you can go to the edit data screen and look at the contracts of workers you are interested in. I'm not saying edit them to expire, just look. Or assign them to you if you want, its your game after all. I personally wouldn't because it would take some of the thrill away from getting a big free agent within the rules of the game. I wouldn't really call it cheating as I would think that information would be available in real life but it does go "beyond the game" so to speak. But it was just a thought.

[QUOTE=Brak;452782]How do you find out when a rival promotion's talent's contract is expiring soon? Is it on the news website?[/QUOTE] Add the said worker to your shortlist - then you'll be notified when he enters the last month of his contract.

Archived