Championship Wrestling from Boston Lives Again (A C-Verse 08 Diary)

I QUIT MATCH for the BOSTON HVWYT TITLE: [B]The Masked Patriot (c)[/B] vs. Ash Campbell Brady Prince vs. [B]Primus Allen[/B] Roderick Remus vs. [B]Bradford Peverell[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] (w/ Kristen Pearce) vs. Duberry Excess CWB DEBUT! [B]Stevie Grayson [/B]vs. Thomas "Trademark" Morgan [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]vs. Ben Williams

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I QUIT MATCH for the BOSTON HVWYT TITLE: [B]The Masked Patriot[/B] (c) vs. Ash Campbell Brady Prince vs. [B]Primus Allen[/B] Roderick Remus vs. [B]Bradford Peverell[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] (w/ Kristen Pearce) vs. Duberry Excess CWB DEBUT! [B]Stevie Grayson [/B]vs. Thomas "Trademark" Morgan [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]vs. Ben Williams Nice heard good things about this one, and has lived up to it so far, so be looking forward to following it.

I QUIT MATCH for the BOSTON HVWYT TITLE: [B]The Masked Patriot (c)[/B] vs. Ash Campbell Brady Prince vs. [B]Primus Allen[/B] Roderick Remus vs. [B]Bradford Peverell[/B] Kirk Jameson (w/ Kristen Pearce) vs. [B]Duberry Excess[/B] CWB DEBUT! [B]Stevie Grayson[/B] vs. Thomas "Trademark" Morgan [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] vs. Ben Williams

[CENTER][img]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_heading_logo.jpg[/img] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]BRAWLAPALOOZA[/SIZE][/FONT] Saturday Week 4 November 2008 59 fans at Biker's Paradise in Boston, MA[/CENTER] [I]The turnout was a little disappointing as we dipped below our 65 fan average the past two months. It's still slow going...[/I] [B]Davis Wayne Newton (w/ Kristen Pearce) d. Ben Williams in 5:21[/B] DWN is now a part of the Pearce Foundation. He looked good here in what is his first win in CWB. Good squash. [B]E[/B] Pearce takes the microphone: [COLOR="Red"]"I've already started adding assets to the Pearce Foundation portfolio. Davis Wayne Newton is one of the hottest free agents on the scene...well, at least he was. He'll have to relocate, just like Kirk Jameson did, to the Greatest City in the World...New York City!!"[/COLOR] [B]D- Stevie Grayson d. Thomas "Trademark" Morgan in 12:07[/B] Excellent match with Morgan getting a lot of offense in. Grayson made a comeback and had the crowd on his side. Definitely a main event player. [B]D[/B] Andy Hartigan calls Graysin over to the announce table: Hartigan: [COLOR="Purple"]"Congratulations on a great win on your debut here in Boston. Fans are surely familiar with your work from TCW but what are your plans here in Boston?"[/COLOR] Grayson: [COLOR="Blue"]"Thank you. There are a lot of great wrestlers in CWB and unfortunately, there are a lot of jerks too. Guys like Ash Campbell, Bradford Peverell, Kirk Jameson...I not only want to take on these guys and prove myself but I also plan on, one day soon, wrapping that Boston Hvywt. Title around my waist"[/COLOR] [B]D- Kirk Jameson (w/ Kristen Peare) d. Duberry Excess after Pearce interfered[/B] The battle of Boston as Southie takes on Chestnut Hill. Duberry was none too happy that Jameson renounced his Boston heritage for a Manhattan address and started off aggressively. Jameson was able to ground him and take out the legs. The Du came back and had Kirk down, heading to the top rope for the Excess Force but DWN pushed him off the top rope (as the ref was distracted by Pearce), allowing Jameson to hit the Bullseye for the win. Very good match [B]D[/B] [B]Primus Allen (w/ Ash Campbell) d. Brady Prince in 10:32[/B] Primus was on offense most of the time here as this move was all about him showing off his impressive attack. Prince was none too happy about doing the job (when isn't he?) so I tried to give him enough offense without taking away the purpose of the match...making Primus look like a legit threat. He wins clean with the MonsterSlam. [B]E+[/B] Ash grabs the mic: [COLOR="Red"]"Did you see that Patriot? There's your buddy, Brady Prince flattened on the mat. He didn't even get a chance to quit...but you will. You're going to have plenty of chances to scream I Quit tonight when I beat the living hell out of you!!"[/COLOR] [B]D- Roderick Remus d. Bradford Peverell in 17:51[/B] This match went way too long for these guys as they don't have the psychology, even with the script, to pull it off. That was my fault. The finish was good, though, as Peverell hit Remus with the "Dream Left Hook" but then played to the crowd, allowing Rod to get his bearings. He went for the pin but Remus small packaged him for a flash 1-2-3. Peverell was shocked by the loss [B]E+[/B] The Masked Patriot: [COLOR="Blue"]"Tonight I not only defend my Boston Hvywt. Title for the good fans here in Beantown, I'm also partaking in the most dangerous match in the game...an I Quit match. Two words, five letters...Campbell, you and I have been up and down the road for the past few months but it's ending tonight. I'm going to make you quit the match...and then I'm going to make you quit wrestling."[/COLOR] [B]D- The Masked Patriot d. Ash Campbell in an I Quit Match in 20:12 to retain the Boston Hvywt. Title[/B] Another strong match in the series between these two. Campbell surprised a lot of people by actually keeping up with the brawling and really letting his killer instinct show. Primus Allen was about to get involved early on but referee Chad Brent sent him back to the locker room to the thrill of the Boston faithful. Patriot wins with the Inverted Backbreaker. [B]D[/B] Patriot celebrates his win with the fans, even downing a non alcoholic beer! Don't drink and drive kids! [B]E+[/B] Overall Show: [B]D-[/B] Notes: Not the best of show of the year but that may have been because it was 120 minutes instead of 60. Remus-Peverell was the only disappointment but that was my fault for making it too long. I want to do a little series between them. With all of the sponsor money we cleared close to $10,000 this month. I'm going to look at running two 90 minute shows a month in 2009 if this keeps up. We can definitely afford it and still be above water by a thousand or so. The main event for Year End Blowout is looking like the first meeting between Primus Allen and Masked Patriot. There were two new signings this month: [B]Sgt. Bubba Lee West[/B] and [B]Warren Technique[/B]. That brings our roster total to 17, only one wrestler over the suggested roster for a Small promotion.

[QUOTE=Nightshadeex;466957]Just read up to this point. I've enjoyed it. You're now on my list of daily reading material.[/QUOTE] Thanks! And thanks to everyone who left predictions. This was the first card I felt they would be applicable for :) I'm trying to go a little slower to let people get into it and get hooked (hopefully!). I think it's going to be a fun ride.

I'm a bit surprised by the grade Jameson and Dunberry got, maybe I underestimated them. Looks like Primus Allen is filling the boots of Rhino Umaga this year ;) You've signed a couple of great workers lately, things are looking good, these 59 people should really pass the news around !

Really curious how warren technique wil do have somthing of a softspot for the guy but never have been able to fit him into one of my games yet. And yeah Kirk wil suprise you with good ratings as hes such a good overall wrestler and wil generally improve fast.

[QUOTE=shipshirt;466948 The main event for Year End Blowout is looking like the first meeting between Primus Allen and Masked Patriot. There were two new signings this month: [B]Sgt. Bubba Lee West[/B] and [B]Warren Technique[/B]. That brings our roster total to 17, only one wrestler over the suggested roster for a Small promotion.[/QUOTE] Firstly: Woot! Allen/Patriot should be immense. Secondly... 17? Really? No wonder I don't make 10k a month :p Great show, shipshirt - and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the Sarge. He seems tailor-made for a small fed like CWB.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_heading_logo.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]YEAR END BLOWOUT PREVIEW!![/SIZE][/FONT] [B][U] For the Boston Heavyweight Title[/U][/B] [B]The Masked Patriot (c) vs. Primus Allen (w/ Ash Campbell)[/B] This is Allen's first shot at the title but he's looked unstoppable thus far. After Patriot put away Campbell and made him say I Quit at Brawlapalooza has the issue between them ended...or is it just heating up? [B]Duberry Excess vs. Kirk Jameson (w/ Kristen Pearce)[/B] Excess lost a heartbreaker to Boston turncoat Jameson last month. Can The Du make good on his promise to win one for the home team? [B]Ash Campbell vs. Brady Prince[/B] [B]Roderick Remus vs. Bradford Peverell Stevie Grayson vs. Warren Technique Sgt. Bubba Lee West vs. Keith Vegas[/B][/CENTER]

[B]The Masked Patriot[/B] (c) vs. Primus Allen (w/ Ash Campbell) [B]Duberry Excess[/B] vs. Kirk Jameson (w/ Kristen Pearce) [B]Ash Campbell[/B] vs. Brady Prince Roderick Remus vs. [B]Bradford Peverell[/B] [B]Stevie Grayson[/B] vs. Warren Technique [B]Sgt. Bubba Lee West[/B] vs. Keith Vegas

The Masked Patriot (c) vs. [B]Primus Allen [/B](w/ Ash Campbell) [I]Patriot's had a good run, Ash is in Allen's corner and Allen's big push and current status as an unstoppable force in CWB would be damaged should he lose here.[/I] [B]Duberry Excess[/B] vs. Kirk Jameson (w/ Kristen Pearce) [I]The Du's got Jameson figured out this time. I just know it.[/I]:) Ash Campbell vs. [B]Brady Prince[/B] [I]You seem to be high on Prince and maybe he'll get a shot at the title in a few months. Plus Ash doesn't really need a win... Unless you want him to feud with Patriot for costing him the belt... Or unless Patriot gets by Allen... So what I'm saying is, this one could go either way and I have no idea who'll win but I don't want to copy anyone elses predictions.[/I]:p Roderick Remus vs. [B]Bradford Peverell[/B] [I]Dammit, Hands of Stone[/I] will [I]crush the feeble cruiserweight this time. Retribution![/I] [B]Stevie Grayson[/B] vs. Warren Technique [I]Grayson gets a win and likely a title shot at Allen at the next show.[/I] [B]Sgt. Bubba Lee West[/B] vs. Keith Vegas [I]"The Sprout Faced Boy" probably doesn't stand much of a chance in this one.[/I]

[B]The Masked Patriot (c)[/B] vs. Primus Allen (w/ Ash Campbell) Duberry Excess vs. [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] (w/ Kristen Pearce) [B]Ash Campbell[/B] vs. Brady Prince [B]Roderick Remus[/B] vs. Bradford Peverell [B] Stevie Grayson[/B] vs. Warren Technique [B]Sgt. Bubba Lee West[/B] vs. Keith Vegas

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_heading_logo.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]YEAR END BLOWOUT[/SIZE][/FONT] Saturday Week 4, December 2008 56 fans at Biker's Paradise in Boston, MA[/CENTER] Andy Hartigan welcomes the fans (at this rate he could almost do it personally) and makes a big announcement: [COLOR="Purple"]"Championship Wrestling from Boston is back and I couldn't be more thrilled. One of my favorite aspects of pro wrestling has always been the tag teams. Boston has seen it's share of great tag teams making their way through the area. Guys like Boston Bomber & Iron Mike Milligan. The team of McBride & Haggns. Edmond Jackson & Othello Dawson, the original Masked Patriot and Cheif Two Eagles...the list goes on and on. So what better way to pay homage to the past and build for this promotion's feature than to introduce the Boston Tag Team Titles! In the coming months, I'll be scouting teams from all over the world as well as wrestlers right here in Boston wanting to tag up for the honors. We're working on planning a tournament to crown new tag champions and we couldn't be more excited about it. I hope you'll join us each and every month here at The Bike to see that happen. OK, enough babbling from me...on with the show!"[/COLOR] [B]D- Sgt. Bubba Lee West d. Keith Vegas[/B] A total squash match to get over the ruthlessness of the Sadistic Sergeant! [B]E[/B] West calls for the mic: [COLOR="Red"]"You out of shape, Boston slobs. Look at you, drinking your alcohol and bringing down the American way of life. You are disgraces and should be ashamed to call yourselves Americans! I am here to clean up this putrid promotion. You've got a guy in a mask calling himself a Patriot...in a MASK! You know who wears masks? Terrorists! Now I hear talk about tag team titles being introduced. Fantastic. I'm here to find one recruit who doesn't make me want to puke my guts out. One recruit who has the fortitude to team with Sgt. Bubba Lee West...the greatest American of them all!"[/COLOR] [B]D- Stevie Grayson d. Warren "Machine" Technique[/B] I was originally going to start Warren out as a heel but I'm a little heel-heavy so he'll most likely work babyface. There was nothing heelish in this match, just a well fought clash of styles between a high flyer and a technician. Good stuff with Grayson getting a clean win. [B]D Bradford Peverell d. Roderick Remus after KOing him with a roll of quarters[/B] I kept this one to about 13 minutes...BIG improvement. Peverell was livid about last month's loss to Remus and came out overly aggressive here. In doing so, he went for a wild KO punch on Remus outside the ring and ended up smashing his left hand on the ring post. The rest of the match was him trying to use his Dream Left Hook but unable to because of the injury. Desperate for the win, he pulls out a roll of quarters with his RIGHT hand and KO's Remus, falling on him for the pin. [B]D[/B] Peverell runs around the ring like he just won the World Title and Hartigan stops him to get a word: Hartigan: [COLOR="Purple"]"Mr. Peverell, how can you be proud of that?"[/COLOR] Peverell: [COLOR="Red"]"What are you talking about?! I'm the winner...I'm the winnnnnaaahhhhhhhh!!!!"[/COLOR] Hartigan: [COLOR="Purple"]"What's all that in the ring?"[/COLOR] Peverell: [COLOR="Red"]"I have no idea...that's the people. People threw that in there!"[/COLOR] Hartigan: [COLOR="Purple"]"What? You just hit him with a roll of quarters!"[/COLOR] Peverell: [COLOR="Red"]"I hit him with NOTHING! Nothing but power!! WHoooooooo!!! I can getcha lefty OR righty!"[/COLOR] [B]D- Ash Campbell d. Brady Prince[/B] Shocker...Prince bitched about doing the job. Ash needed a win here as he had been on the losing end of the feud with Patriot. Not a good match at all and my love affair with Brady Prince is definitely on the waning side. Ash wins with his Shooting Star Press. [B]E Duberry Excess d. Kirk Jameson (w/ Kristen Pearce)[/B] Another excellent match between these two and this has been the surprise hit of the year. Duberry gets the win when Kirk whips him into the corner and he hits a gorgeous moonsault bodyblock for the 1-2-3. [B]D[/B] After the match, Davis Wayne Newton charges in and Pearce screams at both men to take out The Du!! They beat on Excess and toss him out of the ring to the jeers of the crowd. [B]F[/B] Ash Campbell leads Primus Allen to the ring for the main event: [COLOR="Red"]"Patriot, you think you got one up on me by beating me last month. Bully for you, sir. I don't see it that way...I got to see how you work up close. I know your strengths and more importantly, I know your weaknesses! I've told this man everything I know from wrestling you...you don't stand a chance!"[/COLOR] [B]D- Primus Allen (w/ Ash Campbell) d. The Masked Patriot by CO; Patriot retains the Boston Heavyweight Title[/B] An all out brawl. A notch below last months I Quit match but here Patriot got to show some of his selling which is pretty good. Primus is not only freakishly strong but very quick and agile. He got the majority of the offense in the match and the finish came when Allen slammed Patriot hard on the concrete, rendering him unable to get back in the ring for the 10 count. [B]D[/B] Overall Show: [B]D-[/B] Notes: Even though the crowd turnout is pretty dismal, we're still making great cash on our sponsorship deals. This is allowing me to bring in high priced talent like West and Grayson. In December we were part of our first Reginal Battle with NYCW and RIPW...we actually came in SECOND! I was thrilled. NYCW was first and the Rhode Island group was last. We're still about as low as prestige as you can be but people are taking to our product. Without any official awards, the CWB Wrestler of the Year would have to be The Masked Patriot as his strong, babyface presence really held us together for the past six months. His match with Marc Speed, even without a conclusive finish was the best Match of the Year.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_heading_logo.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]FIRST NIGHT[/SIZE][/FONT] Saturday Week 4, January 2009 61 fans at Biker's Paradise in Boston, MA [I]Check out show highlights at [URL="http://www.johnkeating.biz!"]www.johnkeating.biz![/URL][/I][/CENTER] [B]Warren Technique d. Daredevil Aero[/B] A decent opener but not much more than that. Technique is working a clean, technical style. Aero got a little momentum with some highflying towards the end but was cut off and the match ended from there. [B]E+ [B]Featured Attraction (Air Attack Weasel & "Trademark" Thomas Morgan[/B] d. Keith Vegas & Ben Williams[/B] Hartigan hyped Featured Attraction as they are partaking in the tournament to determine new Boston Tag Team Champions. Williams and Vegas were not good here...at all. The heels showed good teamwork and this will be a fun team to explore in the future. [B]E- Sgt. Bubba Lee West d. Riley McManus[/B] McManus is on loan from MAW. He was in once before and he's a solid talent. He may become a regular later in the year. West just brutalized the youngster from the opening bell and wins with the Recon Wrench. [B]E[/B] West refuses to stop beating on Riley, screaming that he's "weak and doesn't deserve to be in the ring". Stevie Grayson charges to the ring as the crowd cheers him on to stop the carnage. [B]E[/B] West: [COLOR="Red"]"Grayson, how dare you interfere in my business! You are the typical young American, with your iPod and your interweb...you're weak and soft like all of these idiots!"[/COLOR] Grayson: [COLOR="Blue"]"Why don't you find out just how weak I am and take me on next month at Top of the Hub?"[/COLOR] [B]D-[/B] Kristen Pearce leads Kirk Jameson and Davis Wayne Newton to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"Next month, at Top of the Hub, the new Boston Tag Team Champions will be decided in a four team tournament. My team, the Pearce Foundation, is already entered and you can be sure when we win those belts we'll take them back to New York...the Greatest City in the World. Maybe we'll have to rename them the Manhattan Tag Team Titles"[/COLOR] [B]D- Duberry Excess d. Davis Wayne Newton (w/ Kristen Pearce) by DQ when Kirk Jameson interferes[/B] Once again, this feud has been the surprise hit of the company. Very good match between these two with the crowd solidly on The Du's side. DWN is a fantastic worker and I wouldn't be surprised to see him shooting up the card soon. The Du was about to put Newton away with Excessive Force but Jameson ran in for the DQ. [B]D- Ash Campbell d. Stevie Grayson after Sgt Bubba Lee West interfered[/B] Not a great match as I was expecting much more from these two talents. Ash needs someone like a Patriot to really guide him through the match. Neither of these two are a match leader. West attacked Grayson on the outside and whaffled him with a steel chair, tossing him back in the ring for Ash to hit a Shooting Star Press. [B]E+[/B] The Masked Patriot: [COLOR="Blue"]"Last month I did the one thing I promised I wouldn't do...I let the fans of Boston down. I lost my first match in this territory and I lost to Primus Allen. I can't take anything away from him...he's powerful, fast and vicious. An amazing competitor. I've been training all month, though. Harder than I ever had before. What happened last month will not happen again!"[/COLOR] [B]E+ The Masked Patriot and Primus Allen (w/ Ash Campbell) fight to double stoppage; Patriot retains the Boston Heavyweight Title[/B] These two tore into each other right from the get go. Patriot scored first with a thudding clothesline. Primus regained control with a spear from out of nowhere. At about the 18 minute mark the action spilled out of the ring. The battle raged on as referee Chad Brent had no choice but to call for the bell, unable to get control of the match back. [B]D[/B] Overall Show: [B]D-[/B] Notes: I couldn't be happier with Duberry Excess vs. The Pearce Foundation. It's giving solid matches that could main event most shows. Next month, Duberry will be teaming with Roderick Remus in the tag tournament. Coming in for the Boston Tag Title tournament is the team of Dragon del Arco Iris Jr and Amo del Gato from FCW. The brackets will be Team FCW vs. The Pearce Foundation and Featured Attraction vs. Excess/Remus. Primus is really handling himself well in the past two main events.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/0902_ToH.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] QUICK PICKS: [B] BOSTON STREET FIGHT for the BOSTON HVYWT. TITLE:[/B] The Masked Patriot (c) vs. Primus Allen Stevie Grayson vs. Sgt. Bubba Lee West [B]TOURNAMENT FOR THE BOSTON TAG TITLES:[/B] Featured Attraction vs. Duberry Excess & Roderick Remus Amo del Gato & El Dragon del Arco Jr vs. The Pearce Foundation PLUS: Brady Prince vs. Warren Technique Bradford Peverell vs. Daredevil Aero

BOSTON STREET FIGHT for the BOSTON HVYWT. TITLE: The Masked Patriot (c) vs. [B]Primus Allen[/B] [I]He'll win again! And this time he'll win for realz![/I] [B]Stevie Grayson[/B] vs. Sgt. Bubba Lee West [I]I kind of like Sarge better but I'm going with Grayson since he is probably more logical, setting up a challenger for Primus at the next show.[/I] TOURNAMENT FOR THE BOSTON TAG TITLES: Featured Attraction vs. [B]Duberry Excess & Roderick Remus[/B] [I]As much as I'd like to see Morgan get a push, you've got to have a home town team in the finals.[/I] Amo del Gato & El Dragon del Arco Jr vs. [B]The Pearce Foundation[/B] [I]Putting you own guys over the talent on loan seems logical here. Plus, the Foundation is likely to have a good match with Rod & Du because of chemistry and whatnot.[/I] PLUS: [B]Brady Prince[/B] vs. Warren Technique [I]This is pretty much a filler match I think. Maybe it's building towards something for Prince or maybe he's putting over the new guy - kind of hard to tell but I'm going with Prince even though your "love affair with him could be over".[/I] [B]Bradford Peverell[/B] vs. Daredevil Aero [I]Peverell takes on another on of the biggest, baddest, and most monstrous opponents he can find, further proving his dominance in CWB~![/I]

BOSTON STREET FIGHT for the BOSTON HVYWT. TITLE: The Masked Patriot (c) vs. [B]Primus Allen[/B] [B]Stevie Grayson[/B] vs. Sgt. Bubba Lee West TOURNAMENT FOR THE BOSTON TAG TITLES: [B]Featured Attraction[/B] vs. Duberry Excess & Roderick Remus Amo del Gato & El Dragon del Arco Jr vs. [B]The Pearce Foundation[/B] PLUS: Brady Prince vs. [B]Warren Technique[/B] [B]Bradford Peverell [/B]vs. Daredevil Aero

QUICK PICKS: BOSTON STREET FIGHT for the BOSTON HVYWT. TITLE: [B]The Masked Patriot (c)[/B] vs. Primus Allen [B]Stevie Grayson [/B]vs. Sgt. Bubba Lee West TOURNAMENT FOR THE BOSTON TAG TITLES: [B]Featured Attraction[/B] vs. Duberry Excess & Roderick Remus Amo del Gato & El Dragon del Arco Jr vs. [B]The Pearce Foundation[/B] PLUS: Brady Prince vs. [B]Warren Technique[/B] [B]Bradford Peverell[/B] vs. Daredevil Aero

BOSTON STREET FIGHT for the BOSTON HVYWT. TITLE: The Masked Patriot (c) vs. [B]Primus Allen[/B] [I]Primus RULES! An the Bulldozer needs to take off the riddikulus mask.[/I] [B]Stevie Grayson[/B] vs. Sgt. Bubba Lee West TOURNAMENT FOR THE BOSTON TAG TITLES: [B]Featured Attraction[/B] vs. Duberry Excess & Roderick Remus Amo del Gato & El Dragon del Arco Jr vs. [B]The Pearce Foundation[/B] PLUS: Brady Prince vs. [B]Warren Technique[/B] [B] Bradford Peverell [/B]vs. Daredevil Aero

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_heading_logo.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]TOP OF THE HUB[/SIZE][/FONT] Saturday Week 4, February 2009 58 fans at Biker's Paradise in Boston, MA [I]check out show highlights at [URL="http://www.johnkeating.biz"]www.johnkeating.biz[/URL][/I][/CENTER] Andy Hartigan welcomes the fans to TOP OF THE HUB and has a special, surprise announcement: [COLOR="Purple"]"As you may know, we also broadcast show highlights at [url]www.johnkeating.biz[/url] (cheap plug!) and as much as I love announcing the shows, I thought it would be even more fun to announce with someone. So please, help me welcome, the guest color commentator for tonight's show...JESSE "THE POWER" CHRISTIAN!"[/COLOR] The fans applaud politely as he's not exactly a household name in Boston. Jesse: [COLOR="Blue"]"Thanks Andy and thank you Boston. I've actually lived in the area for a bit and while I'm not an active wrestler any longer, I do enjoy the sport. When Andy asked me to come down and provide some commentary I was thrilled as this company puts on some exciting shows"[/COLOR] Andy: [COLOR="Purple"]"I don't think tonight's will be any different, Jesse. OK, enough rambling from me...on with the show!"[/COLOR][B]D-[/B] [B]Bradford Peverell d. Daredevil Aero in 10:21[/B] Aero is on his way out after this match. A very good match though as Peverell has really stepped up his game. Some brief hope spots and ending with a Dream Left Hook. [B]D- Rod Remus & Duberry Excess d. Featured Attraction to advance to the finals of the Boston Tag Team Title Tournament in 12:58[/B] I was really hoping for a better match between these two teams. It's Rod and The Du's first teaming though, so that's understandable. Decent action in a very formula tag match. [B]E+ Brady Prince d. Warren Technique in 14:07[/B] This one went a little too long. Prince did not look happy even though he was going over. He doesn't ever seem to be happy. Poor guy. Technique is definitely one of those "glue" guys that can hold together a decent match. He really carried this one here. Prince wins with the Maryland Crossface. [B]E+[/B] Kristen Pearce leads the Pearce Foundation to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"When I first came to this dingy little town...from the Greatest City in the World! New York, New York! I promised you that I would be taking over. Tonight, by winning the Boston Tag Team Titles, I will start phase one of that corporate takeover. "[/COLOR] [B]E+ The Pearce Foundation d. Amo del Gato & El Dragon del Arco Jr in 14:21 to advance to the finals of the Boston Tag Team Titles Tournament[/B] This was an excellent match with Gato and Drago showing EXCELLENT chemistry as a team. You can be sure they are being considered for a full time run in the company. Just classic heat spots with Kirk and DWN beating down Dragon until he could make the hot tag to Gato. The heels win it with The Manhattan Transfer (a backbreaker/legdrop combo). [B]D-[/B] Sgt Bubba Lee West: [COLOR="Red"]"Attention you maggots!! I walk through the streets of this town, where the country was formed and it makes me sick. Boston is full of drunks and fat people with goatees and shaved heads...don't even get me started on what the men look like! Stevie Grayson, you represent everything that's wrong with this country and what has become of the youth...I'm gonna beat some respect into you!"[/COLOR] [B]D- Stevie Grayson d. Sgt. Bubba Lee West by DQ in 16:20[/B] A really strong match and contender for Match of the Night. West was all out brawling and just tried to maul Grayson. The latter used his speed and quickness to sting and move. West was getting frustrated as he could never get a decisive advantage over his foe and earned the DQ by bashing him with a chair. [B]D[/B] West wouldn't stop there, though, as he tossed Chad Brent out of the ring and prepared to set Grayson up for a piledrive on the chair. BRADY PRINCE charges out from the back and the crowd cheers him on to make the save. Prince gets in the ring and an evil smile forms on his face. He instead helps West piledrive Grayson on the chair!! [B]E+[/B] Andy Hartigan: [COLOR="Purple"]"That was one of the most cowardly, disgusting things I've ever seen Jesse. I can't imagine what would possess Brady to do something like that."[/COLOR] Christian: [COLOR="Blue"]"I've known Brady Prince for a long time, even teamed with him on occasion and I can't wrap my head around this. That is certainly not the man I knew."[/COLOR] [B]The Pearce Foundation (w/ Kristen Pearce) d. Rod Remus & Duberry Excess to win the Boston Tag Team Titles in 14:44[/B] A decent match with Duberry coming so close to gaining his revenge on The Pearce Foundation. It was not to be, though, as Kristen gets involved and distracts The Du leading to Jameson hitting the Bullseye for the win. The Pearce Foundation is very reminiscent to a Midnight Express style team. They celebrate their title win as the fans are not happy. [B]D-[/B] Ash Campbell comes leads Primus Allen to the ring for the main event. He grabs the mic: [COLOR="Red"]"My my my, if it isn't Southern wrestling legend Jesse Christian. Hm, you look a lot older in person. Probably for the best you you're sitting behind that desk. Onto bigger, more important matters...tonight you will see the Rookie Monster Primus Allen utterly destroy the Masked Patriot once and for all. This will not be for the faint of heart."[/COLOR] [B]D Primus Allen d. The Masked Patriot in a Boston Street Fight to win the Boston Hvywt. Title in 20:21[/B] A total non stop brawl from the get go. This one spilled out of the ring in about 5 minutes and the two wrestlers battled around the bar for a good stretch of time. One big spot was Primus Allen spearing Patriot through the Men's Room door! The finish came when Patriot had an opening and was going for the Backdrop Driver but exhaustion prevented the move. Allen spun around and whipped Patriot into the ropes, executing a MonsterSlam for the win and the title. [B]D[/B] Overall Show: [B]D-[/B] Notes: Jesse Christian did a great job on commentary. He should be a great addition to the, ahem, roster. It was a night for heels as Allen takes the Hvywt Title, The Pearce Foundation make good on the Tag Titles and Sgt. West finds his recruit in Cpl. Brady Prince.

I'm in your head, shipshirt! :p Nice show. It really changes things up in CWB with new champions and new alliances and a new color commentator (who's a C-Verse favorite of mine). I marked for Prince turning and the Pearce Foundation should serve you well as tag champs showing the rest of the division the way. Keep up the good work.

[QUOTE=Showtime4Lajf;475377]I'm in your head, shipshirt! :p Nice show. It really changes things up in CWB with new champions and new alliances and a new color commentator (who's a C-Verse favorite of mine). I marked for Prince turning and the Pearce Foundation should serve you well as tag champs showing the rest of the division the way. Keep up the good work.[/QUOTE] Haha! Thanks! Yeah you called all of them...you win the coveted "No-Prize"! I always find the first few months of starting a promotion like this alternately the most fun and also the most by the numbers. I have to establish at least a handful of guys and pretty much book them A B C before I can start throwing some interesting stuff in and shake it up. Prince just has that military look to him...I think they'll turn out to be a decent team.

Archived