TNA Victory Road (Spoilers)

mystic

I won't be watching but here are my thoughts/predictions [B][U]TNA KNOCKOUTS MATCH [/U][/B] Gail Kim vs. Angelina Love I have enjoyed the video packages TNA has done to promote this match adding some back story, as well as trying to help get heat on Love for the match. They help in making her look like more of a threat to Kim. As for the actual match, I expect ODB and Sky to be out at ringside, Sky tries to help Love but ODB takes her out as Kim wins. This helps get Kim back into the title picture as a loss here would look REALLY BAD. [B]WINNER: GAIL KIM[/B] [B][U]KNOCKOUTS WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP[/U][/B] Taylor (c) vs. Awesome Kong w/ Raisha Saeed Where to begin with this match. The whole idea of the "fan challenge" was fun, I think but as soon as they gave Taylor a rematch, I knew the title would be "stolen" from Kong. I say stolen because Kong lost the title to a "fan”. This one is going to be a hard sell because at least on Impact their was the shock and awe of ok can Taylor "the fan" beat Kong. Now that she has the expectation will be much higher. Plus if Taylor looks bad in the match, TNA may look foolish because they let "a fan" beat Kong when the actual knockouts with the exception of Kim could not. As for the match I think Kong will be out for blood, not the title tonight. Saeed and Kong will try everything to beat Taylor. As the match goes on Kong will become angry that she is not able to put Taylor away thus causing her to go overboard and get DQed. This match will allow TNA to escape with someone other then Kong as champion, letting them move in different directions with the belt. Kong will continue as the angry giant, and the fans will suffer from a let down because the match should never have been on ppv. [B]WINNER: TAYLOR [/B] [B][U]World X Cup[/U][/B] Team TNA vs. Team Japan vs. Team Mexico vs. Team International For this one, I will skip the 12 man tag bout (as most other wrestling sites have as well) because that’s not the important one. According to the TNA website it will be TNA's Kaz vs. Team Japan's Naruki Doi vs. Team Mexico's Volador, Jr. vs. Team International's Daivari. While I expect a great show of skill and hard work from all involved this will end up being just another way to showcase Kaz and give him yet another reason to challenge for the world title. (don’t think it would happen, but I could see TNA giving him another world title shot, boring). At the end of this Kaz will win, giving TNA the world X cup. (I wish they would not but oh well). [B]WINNER: TEAM TNA (please prove me wrong on this)[/B] [B][U]GRUDGE MATCH [/U][/B] "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal w/ SoCal Val vs. "The Guru" Sonjay Dutt From a 1 on 1 non-storyline view this would be a good match. Throw in the old storyline and I still expect it to be a decent match but my hopes are lower. For this match Dutt will be more focused on getting Val’s attention and approval while Jay will attempt to hurt Dutt. I can see mike and don talking more about Dutt and Val then the actual match so they (mike and don) may need to be careful that they are not taking away from the match. In the end I expect Jay to pick up the victory in an attempt to get things back on track with Val but I pray to see dutt out on his back in the center of the ring, with Jay’s foot on his chest. Everyone expecting Val to be happy but she just walks off to the back leaving Jay confused. (Please Val leave both behind) [B]WINNER: Jay Lethal[/B] [U][B]FAN'S PICK THE STIP - SIX MAN TAG TEAM WAR: [/B][/U] AJ Styles, Christian Cage & Rhino vs. Kurt Angle & Team 3D First and foremost this match has NOTHING to do with cage, rhino or Team 3D and EVERYTHING to do with Styles vs. Angle. That being said the stipulation tonight will be full metal mayhem. (would be really funny if it was falls count anywhere) Expecting a nice hardcore war, with some blood, some screaming from Karen, and a lot of weapons. In the end I expect a fast and furious all hit their finishers series and in the end Team 3D and Angle win this one doing what they set out to do hurting cage, rhino and styles. Will this be the end of their war….not a chance. With BFG around the corner this is just another step in the path to getting there. [B]WINNER: Kurt Angle & Team 3D[/B] [B][U]FAN'S REVENGE MATCH FOR THE TNA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP [/U][/B] The Latin American Xchange (c) vs. Robert Roode & "Cowboy" James Storm Please tell me this is a joke, not a “fans revenge match”. With that stipulation, you can forget about anything that happens in the ring as the focus, sadly will be what happens outside the ring. Maybe it’s just me but when roode and storm first teamed up it sounded good, but now with the team name of “beer money” they sound like a complete joke. I hope this match is quick because the only fans that will care about the match are the ones around ringside with straps helping LAX hold on to the belts. I actually hope this feud moves beyond here, and does not end with a with stipulation [B]WINNER: The Latin American Xchange[/B] [B][U]TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP[/U][/B] SAMOA JOE (c) vs. BOOKER T And of course the big one. Sadly what could have been a great physical match by both guys has been overshadowed by BOTH Sting and Nash. Personally, I would love to see Booker walk out as champ, Joe does not seem like top guy material to me (sorry Joe fans). With that said I still think both will put on a decent match, but this match will come down to waiting for Nash to get to the ring and attack. I think he goes after Joe tonight, but then I could also see him wanting to wait and set up another false sense of security for Joe until BFG and “by accident” hit Booker. Booker will have the look of shock on his face as Joe kicks out of the book end and picks up the victory tonight. I Would write more on this one, but sadly TNA has decided to suck any real interest out of the match and focus more on Sting. [B]WINNER: SAMOA JOE[/B] [B]SETUP for BFG[/B] [B][U]TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP[/U][/B] SAMOA JOE (c) vs. Sting [B][U]Karen finally decides who to side with[/U][/B] Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles [B][U]TNA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP[/U][/B] The Latin American Xchange (c) vs. Robert Roode & "Cowboy" James Storm Christian Cage & Rhino vs. Team 3D

I'd disagree with you that Joe is not top guy material. Sure, if you're Vince McMahon that's true. But TNA's fanbase isn't the same as WWE's. TNA's fanbase has been clamoring for Joe to be the top guy for a few years now. Anyway, some of your picks I agree with, though not for the same reasons. Gail Kim will win because Lauren isn't seasoned enough to be a title contender. I believe Kong will lose but either this time or her next loss will lead to Raisha turning on Kong. From what I hear, TNA is looking to get Melissa in the ring more (and not just on the preshow like they did a while ago when she beat Daizee Haze). I agree with your line of thinking on the World X Cup but I don't see what the big deal is. Kaz is one of their up & comers. Having him booked strong is a bad thing, how? I think Dutt will win and Val will console Lethal which will make her inevitable turn all the more "shocking". I think Beer Money Inc is a good name. It's marketable, for one thing. T-shirts featuring two hands stuck out, one with a fistfull of cash, the other with a frosty mug o' brew comes to mind. But they're not getting the titles because there's no one behind them for LAX to feud with next so they need to draw this feud out some more. With Russo on the booking committee, I think the 'fans pick the stip' match is going to be an overbooked, chaotic bunch of wrestlecrap. It'll also probably lead to yet another Karen turn (ala screwing Joe last year).

I find myself displeased with how TNA has handled this whole Taylor/Kong scenario. They've built up Kong as this unstoppable monster that no one in the women's division can beat, then used what was essentially a debut talent (with little previous credibility) to get the belt off her. To me that just makes Kong look irreparably weak.

Well at least they used a flash pinfall lol. I agree tough Kong Should have won but taylor be given a contract for her persistance. Then Kim beats Love, then kim vs kong and love vs odb and taylor vs skye or somthing like that. Then any can turn heel and fued with Kim for the belt and Kong and Said can have a falling out and fued. Dam TNA needs one of us to become head booker asap lol. Or better yet save the rematch for the ppv have Said turn on kong and hit here with the money case without taylor seeing it. Taylor wins but Said argues thats it because of her and they get into a fight presto new fued and Kong is stil strong and can do run ins and decimate both.

[QUOTE=MattitudeV2;460838]You Know Taylor is Shantelle Taylor.[/QUOTE] no really, of course I knew that. storyline wise she is "the fan" who won the title. [QUOTE=Wallbanger;460855]I find myself displeased with how TNA has handled this whole Taylor/Kong scenario. They've built up Kong as this unstoppable monster that no one in the women's division can beat, then used what was essentially a debut talent (with little previous credibility) to get the belt off her. To me that just makes Kong look irreparably weak.[/QUOTE] that's the same thought I had after lockdown [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=30993&page=2[/url] [QUOTE]Sadly for Kong even though she is fun to watch TNA has built her up so strongly in a very slim divison. (ODB, Kim, Roxxi and maybe Raisha Saeed if the story goes that route are her only worthy challengers) That Kong will get the title "stolen" from her so the other knockouts can have a reasonable chance.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Remianen;460840]I agree with your line of thinking on the World X Cup but I don't see what the big deal is. Kaz is one of their up & comers. Having him booked strong is a bad thing, how? [/QUOTE] Kaz is one of their "up & comers" that loses every world title shot he has gotten, boring and time to move on

[QUOTE=mystic;460911]Kaz is one of their "up & comers" that loses every world title shot he has gotten, boring and time to move on[/QUOTE] He's a JTTS. So? He's become a burr in the saddle of whoever holds the world title. That's the angle they're pursuing. He's not top guy material (much like you said about Joe)...YET. How many title shots has JBL gotten this year? If he gets another one this year, will you say the same thing?

[quote=Wallbanger;460921]/shakes head Does anyone else feel like this show was a huge step backward? I would go into detail but do not want to give spoilers out for those wanting to catch replays. But I'm just baffled by how this show was booked.[/quote] Absolutely. Main event sucked big, big time. Funny how in TNA's PPVs always seem to start up good. The opener was awesome, then it just goes downhill all the way to the match before main event, which is usually better than the main event. Go figure. I'd be really pissed off if I had been live there and paid money to see the event. :mad:

[QUOTE=FINisher;461002]Absolutely. Main event sucked big, big time. Funny how in TNA's PPVs always seem to start up good. The opener was awesome, then it just goes downhill all the way to the match before main event, which is usually better than the main event. Go figure. I'd be really pissed off if I had been live there and paid money to see the event. :mad:[/QUOTE] WCW?

UGH! I paid money for this. SPOILERS BELOW SO DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT THEM The opening match was cool. I dig the X division and the X cup is nifty. I knew once TNA won the opening bout they weren't going to win the whole thing. Great little spot fest. Is that little fast Japanese guy going to be a regular with TNA? They built him up big time this entire tournament. Kim vs Large Breasted Blonde was actually entertaining. I don't watch much women's wrestling, so this was a nice surprise for me. Much better than the E matches I'm used to. Glad Kim won as she's one of the few women wrestlers I'm familiar with. World X cup Ultimate X. Cool spot fest, but TNA made a mistake by picking Mexico to win imo. None of those guys are TNA regulars. I'd have done International for sure, with Daivari winning cheaply, setting up a feud with him and Kaz. Fans Revenge: Ok, I really thought this was stupid as crap when I heard about it, but it was really entertaining. I hope the feud goes longer as the two teams didn't really get to tell much of a story thanks to the stipulation, but it was really entertaining. I actually found myself laughing hysterically as they were being whipped. Cool match. Taylor vs Kong: Decent match, but the underdog story where they get dominated constantly is old. Grudge Match: Boring. That's all I can say. Dutt seems to have some good in ring psych, but other than that, this match was blah. Maybe if I was a big TNA fan and these two meant something to me it would be different. Really it was the biggest yawner of the night for me, even more so than the women's matches. Metal Mayhem: LOL Man, when anyone asks what the overbooked road agent note means in TNA, just point them to this match. Some cool spots, but way too many. I wonder if TNA realizes that when you overdo spots (which they did all ppv) that fans think less of them when they happen. I don't get how bookers can be so dense to have a worker take chair shots, garbage can shots, put through tables, etc. and still compete, and then the very next match it's like one stiff kick and it's over. Anyway, entertaining bout, but way overbooked. Main Event: TOTAL CRAPFEST. I love Booker T and I watched to see him win and see Sting (all time fav.) BOOOOOOOOO! I was fine with Joe retaining which I was sure would happen, but that was pure Russocrap. 1) They made Booker T look like a total B______ by getting slaughtered by...well...2) What exactly happened? LOL. One minute they were competing and then all of a sudden Sharmell is begging Joe to stop and Booker is barely conscious. ????? If they wanted to do the Joe is a total monster route, that's actually cool, but it was really poorly done. I guess it was being thrown into the ring steps that took him out? Really? That happens in nearly every match now. The ending was total junk. The Sting moment would have been fine, but the "indecisive" ending was garbage. Sharmell counting the three and giving Booker the title is supposed to mean something? Mike Tenay saying "How can Booker T be the champion?" as the ppv went off the air was bogus. HE CAN'T BE THAT'S HOW. General Notes: The referee work in TNA is whack. So many times they did legit four counts on guys. At first I thought maybe it was just the referee hitting the ground and then counting, but sure enough on replay it was legit four counts. Even the announcers were confused often times on whether a pinfall had been scored. Particularly in the X cup tag match, wow that was awful. They really need to improve their refs. Spots are great, but TNA needs to tone them down. If you have 50 crazy spots in one match, the only ones I remember are the ones they blew badly. The head scissors take over is way out of style, need to cut that out. They must have done that like 20 times in the X matches (and missed it 10) Mike Tenay and Don West are god awful.

[QUOTE=justtxyank;461094]UGH! [U][I][B]I paid money for this.[/B][/I][/U] [/QUOTE] [QUOTE=machinesxe;460876][url]http://www.justin.tv/jessetv9920500[/url][/QUOTE] See this link next time. Not the greatest qualitiy if you are looking to have a party with anyone and hangout but if its just you and happen to wanna check it out us this link above. Click on sports section and you should find what your looking for every Monday 9EST, Tuesday 10 EST, Thursday 9 Est, Friday 8 EST, and every couple Sundays a month 8 EST.

[url]http://rajah.com/base/node/12998[/url] "Richard Reacts To One Of The Worst PPVs Of The Year - TNA Victory Road" Last paragraph: "With the exception of TNA Sacrifice I have watched every WWE and TNA pay-per-view of the year and this was the worst yet. It was a night full of eye-rolling booking, questionable creative calls, and an ending that made the conclusion of the Sopranos look pleasing. The in-ring work was not very spectacular and despite a couple of good spots here and there and two good X Division matches - they could not save the pay-per-view. Victory Road was a complete waste of time and money. I can't help but think of World Championship Wrestling back in the late 90s when I think of this pay-per-view. Some heads in upper management need to roll over this event because it is not fair to all of the wrestlers on the TNA roster to produce something this lackluster. If the company does not make some changes and get someone in there that knows how to book a wrestling show I'm afraid that they will have the same fate as WCW. The TNA creative team is running the company in the ground and I just hope that someone with some pull notices before it's too late."

You know what disappoints me even more? The women's title match. Like I said before, letting a debut talent go over Kong for the title, especially the way they bring her in as a "fan", makes Kong look bad. Letting the same debut talent, who in a cosmic sense of irony is a WWE development washout no less, go over Kong twice in a row after the monster push Kong got makes the entire Knockout division look weak. That, in a company that uses its womens division as a competitive and creative differentiator, is nearly unforgivable.

[QUOTE] Is that little fast Japanese guy going to be a regular with TNA? They built him up big time this entire tournament.[/QUOTE] Masato Yoshino is the little fast Japanese guy,To answer your question No! He works NJPW which I believe is a partner of TNA. [QUOTE]Kim vs Large Breasted Blonde [/QUOTE] That large breasted blond is Angelina Love or Angel Williams former WWE worker know TNA Superstar [QUOTE]but TNA made a mistake by picking Mexico to win imo. None of those guys are TNA regulars. [/QUOTE] Actually Ultimo Guerrueo has had interest to come back also they are talking to Shocker.

[QUOTE=MattitudeV2;461213]Masato Yoshino is the little fast Japanese guy,To answer your question No! He works NJPW which I believe is a partner of TNA. [quote] Thanks. That due is hyper fast. [quote] That large breasted blond is Angelina Love or Angel Williams former WWE worker know TNA Superstar[/quote] I know her name, but she just seems like a generic large breasted blonde. [quote] Actually Ultimo Guerrueo has had interest to come back also they are talking to Shocker.[/QUOTE] Ah. I still think Daivari made more sense.

I never realized there were so many TNA haters on this board. Do they do dumb stuff, yes, but what company hasn't. Samoa freaking Joe is the world champ that in and of itself deserves praise. The ending was strange and inconclusive, but the follow up will determing whether this was good or bad. If we get crazy killer tweener Joe back, then it was well worth it. If Sting somehow manages to become champ out of this then it TOTALLY sucks. I'll wait for the aftermath to pass judgment on the angle though.

I really like Samoa Joe, especially in the X-division era, but once he got the championship he has been booked as this whiny little bitch who is really confused. And also I think they waited WAY too long for Joe to win the title. Another stupid TNA booking decision :P

[QUOTE=FINisher;461229]I really like Samoa Joe, especially in the X-division era, but once he got the championship he has been booked as this whiny little bitch who is really confused. And also I think they waited WAY too long for Joe to win the title. Another stupid TNA booking decision :P[/QUOTE] I agree it did take him too long to win the title and he hasn't had the edge that he once had, but last night he seemed to get it back... from The Torch [QUOTE]The majority of people that saw the finish of the Samoa Joe-Booker T were angry last night with the finish of the match, but let me give you, the Torch reader, some perspective here. I really didn’t like the finish at first, but I went back and re-watched the final minutes of the match. Admittedly, Booker clotheslining the ref accidentally looked horrible, but West did a good job of taking us inside the mind of Samoa Joe and telling us that he’s going to keep attacking Booker because everyone has told him he can’t get the job done in this match. Joe continues to attack Booker on the outside and Sharmell slaps him in the face, infuriating Joe even more. He takes out the men surrounding Sharmell and goes back on the attack and Booker comes up busted open. Another ref comes down. We’ve seen this dozens of times in TNA. Joe is legally attacking Booker in the ring. We haven’t been informed there’s a DQ, nor should there be as the first ref bump was accidental, so why does the second ref try to stop Joe from attacking Booker? The second ref calls for help. Another ref runs down and when he arrives, Joe attacks both refs. Joe goes back on the attack on Booker as West claims that Joe is beating up Booker. Security runs out and Joe takes care of them in short order. The crowd doesn’t no how to react. We hear some mixed boos and cheers as Joe continues to attack Booker. Sharmell gets in the ring and begs for help. Sting’s music plays and he walks down to ringside and gets on the apron. Joe locks eyes with him and goes back to attacking Booker. Sting yells at Joe, who momentarily convinces him he’s gone to far. Joe follows Sting down the aisle, but turns around and runs back to the ring and attacks Booker. Sting follows Joe into the ring and tells him he’s made his point. Joe flips him off and says, “F--- you” before going back to attacking Booker. That was a great moment. String turns Joe around and nails him twice with his bat. West wonders why String would do such a thing, as Tenay claims somebody had to step up and put a stop to Joe’s attack on Booker. Booker, who is still groggy, rolls over and covers Joe as Sharmell counts to three. Sharmell goes over to the broadcast table and grabs the belt as Tenay and West voice their displeasure. West says, “Booker T is not the TNA Champion.” Booker is shown walking up the aisle with the belt over his shoulder as we go off the air. This was actually the right finish to the match, but TNA’s reliance on non and interference-laden finishes on so many PPVs during the past year made the ending to the Joe-Booker match feel like a re-run of something I’ve seen so many times in this company in the past. We’ve seen it many times before in a TNA match. The ref gets bumped and the match continues, but last night, the ref got bumped in the match ended. We’ve seen multiple refs run down to ringside, but it never signaled the end of a match in TNA before. TNA only had one choice to get out of that match and that was the finish they executed last night. It wasn’t the right time for Joe to lose the belt. Also, creative couldn’t have Booker lose clean in his hometown, as they would have had a pissed off crowd. The fact that Booker stole the belt gives fans that ordered the PPV or read about it to tune into Impact this Thursday. The problem with TNA doing this is that they’ve done something similar in the past so many times and that is why the finish is getting such a strong negative reaction. The finish to the Booker-Joe match has gotten people talking about TNA, which is what the company wanted. Sting also showed an edge that he hadn’t shown in awhile with his attack on Joe, which might actually turn into people caring about Sting enough to pay to see him wrestle Joe on PPV in the future. Where TNA goes from last night, I don’t know. Joe needs to stick with this character, as he had an edge that he’s been missing all-along. All too often, the WCW vets walked all over Joe, but last night he finally said, “F--- you” to one of TNA’s iconic figures. TNA seems to be heading in the right direction with their main event picture, but unfortunately their fan base is going to see this as just another meaningless screw job finish until creative proves otherwise as the storyline unfolds in the coming months.[/QUOTE]

I get what they were trying to do, they just did it wrong. And if anything, I'm more pro-TNA than WWE as I love Sting and really WANT to watch TNA. They did it wrong though because one minute Booker was in the match and then all of a sudden he was dead. Joe didn't do anything to him that should have put him totally out unless Booker was as lame as the referee (who was out cold for like 20 minutes after a clothesline.) Booker was barely putting up any fight at the end as if he had been run over by a car when the worst thing that happened to him was being thrown into the stairs. TNA booking tells me that a guy can be hit with a chair, put through tables, fall off a ladder, dive off a steel pole, get hit with a trash can, and STILL fight like he's barely injured, but hitting the steel steps puts him out for 20 minutes of a beatdown? Sorry, but the booking of it was AWFUL. The idea was fine, but the execution was pitiful.

[quote=BIGJOSH;461224]I never realized there were so many TNA haters on this board. Do they do dumb stuff, yes, but what company hasn't. Samoa freaking Joe is the world champ that in and of itself deserves praise. The ending was strange and inconclusive, but the follow up will determing whether this was good or bad. If we get crazy killer tweener Joe back, then it was well worth it. If Sting somehow manages to become champ out of this then it TOTALLY sucks. I'll wait for the aftermath to pass judgment on the angle though.[/quote] Check your assumptions at the door, please. I, for one, am no TNA hater. I want there to be a legitimate competitor for WWE in the industry. When that happens, everyone improves. I watch and support TNA because of my anti-monopolistic tendencies. Now that I think about it, that may be key to why my particular reaction to this show is so visceral. The comparison was made previously that this show looked like a near-the-end WCW show, and I can't help but agree. If this is the way TNA is going, they WON'T survive in the long haul. Look at what's happening in the WWE right now. We're actually starting to see life in what had been a long-term creative nadir. The cause? In my opinion it's because of the response fans are giving TNA. I don't think you'd see CM Punk with a major title in the WWE, for instance, if Samoa Joe had never gotten the TNA World title. To sum up, TNA gives WWE competition. Competition good. Makes everyone better. Fans win. So when TNA serves up a Russoriffic plate of steaming cowpies that is out of character with its previous run of form, it really bothers me.

with my responses some my think I hate TNA but honestly I watch TNA MORE then WWE. (hell really the only time I watch WWE anymore is when nothing else is on). I am just really annoyed with some of the booking choices TNA has made recently.

Archived