TNA Victory Road (Spoilers)

mystic

I think the main event ending could develop into a nice storyline, sure it was a no-finish on PPV, but it wasn't one of their "major" PPV's so I can except that, as long as it leads to something good. Once again when I look at the roll call of champions in TNA I'm VERY impressed, Samoa Joe, LAX, Petey Williams and Taylor Wilde (Shantelle Taylor). Alex Shelley was the sole survivor in the X match which was good IMO and gives him a nice rub. I think sometimes people hold TNA to a higher standard than WWE, I'm not saying that's done here just other places I've looked. I think we should see where the finish of the Joe/Booker match goes before labeling it a dumb move. Hopefully it will lead to another Joe/Booker match as their program has been very entertaining and their match last night was good.

[QUOTE]I never realized there were so many TNA haters on this board. Do they do dumb stuff, yes, but what company hasn't. Samoa freaking Joe is the world champ that in and of itself deserves praise. The ending was strange and inconclusive, but the follow up will determing whether this was good or bad. If we get crazy killer tweener Joe back, then it was well worth it. If Sting somehow manages to become champ out of this then it TOTALLY sucks. I'll wait for the aftermath to pass judgment on the angle though.[/QUOTE] Ok I think you misunderstood, the people that comented here are not TNA haters they are the exact opposite they are fans who wish the company the best. Thats why the lukewarm/negative reaction to the ppv mainly because of the chaotic and badly executed main event finish, and the screwup with kong losing twice in a row /losing at all to a fan without any interference etc. I think TNA is really on the verge of becoming a serious competitor for WWE, as WWE are taking notice (= CM Punk champ + more serious women wrestling) or imploding on itself at the moment. It´s crunch time so to speak, thats why people are really passionate about it. I think the idea of a non clean finish to the ppv main event was good to keep Booker strong and keep the belt on Joe and have Sting involved. But the execution was flawed, same as with Kong fine do an ultimate underdog win but do it once at the ppv and have it involve a turn/massive interference/botched interference, so Kong remains the monster she is built up to be. Apart from the obvious (Paul Heyman, whos already said hes not intested, and the ROH guy but he owns the place so wouldnt be intrested) anybody know who TNA could ad to or have lead the booking staf to get things more on track? I have been really thinking but just can´t come up with anyone.

I didn't have much time last night to Youtube, and to be honest most of it didn't interest me. I'd seen Taylor fight Kong a few times, and win the title so no curiosity there. Beer Money (not completely sold on the name) and L.A.X practically had a match on the go-home Impact, so no need to see that, and I watched Booker fight Joe live in the UK a month or so ago. However, in what little time I had I watched both of the World X Cup matches. The Cibernetico 12-man rocked really hard, if it was a bit of a cluster****. Words cannot express how much I love Masato Yoshino and Milano Collection AT. Ultimo Guerrero and Ray Bucanero are also pretty great, and I have no choice but to have disturbing urges towards Doug Williams. I popped super-hard for his roll-through German. Take that Sabin! As I've said before, I wish they had built the competitors up more, and it went WAY too long once it was down to Shelley vs Yoshino, but all in all a really fun match. I'm not going to say it was the best match ever, but I enjoyed it immensely. Less so the Ultimate X match. I'm not much of a Kaz fan, Daivari is pretty basic and I didn't know the Mexican (who didn't do anything unique anyway) I cheered on Doi throughout the match (I never thought I would have supported Team Japan when this Cup was announced) but alas, Team TNA wins. The legdrop was pretty impressive... in a not-much-skill, why-the-****-would-you-do-that kind of way. I would have done the X-Cup differently, with Kaz losing his singles match, doubting his leadership ability compared to the legendary Jerry Lynn, having them lose the 12-man, putting it all on a worried Kaz's shoulders, then having him overcome the odds. Clearly they want to improve relations with CMLL, so they gave them the win. Fair enough. One of my problems I have with the X-Division right now (apart from lack of push) is that the guys in it are stale. I've watched Petey, Sonjay, Kaz and Lethal for a good long while now. Fun but stale. Bringing in new guys keeps things fresh. I would start bringing a few of these guys back for short stints, like, for example Ray Bucanero and Ultimo Guerrero. Bring them in, have them beat a different tag team every week on Impact, put them over as serious threats, then have LAX beat them at the PPV. They go back to CMLL, hopefully happy with having gained some great exposure. As long as you don't squash your contracted guys too much, and do something to make it a little less predictable, good times are had by all.

[QUOTE=BIGJOSH;461268]I think the main event ending could develop into a nice storyline, sure it was a no-finish on PPV, but it wasn't one of their "major" PPV's so I can except that, as long as it leads to something good. [/QUOTE] It isn't the storyline that's the problem, or the no finish. Those are both tolerable and would make for good tv if done right. The problem is it was booked REALLY poorly. I say again, NOTHING HAPPENED TO BOOKER T THAT SHOULD HAVE INCAPACITATED him.

[quote=justtxyank;461832]It isn't the storyline that's the problem, or the no finish. Those are both tolerable and would make for good tv if done right. The problem is it was booked REALLY poorly. I say again, NOTHING HAPPENED TO BOOKER T THAT SHOULD HAVE INCAPACITATED him.[/quote] Especially when placed in contrast to the Full Metal Mayhem match where there were way more dangerous and intense bumps that people came back from. Agreed, there's nothing wrong with a Dusty finish per se. But it does have to make some sense. In this case, after the referee bump, why does the second (and third?) ref do NOTHING to end the match? Even just calling for the bell and declaring a no contest would have made more sense. It would have achieved the same thing (keeping the belt on Joe without going over clean on Booker in his hometown) and would have told a consistent story in the ring.

[QUOTE=BIGJOSH;461268]I think sometimes people hold TNA to a higher standard than WWE, I'm not saying that's done here just other places I've looked. [/QUOTE] I've noticed that too. When something stupid happens in the WWE, we all just say 'Oh well, what do you expect? We all predicted it, it's the WWE. Yawn.' TNA does something stupid, and we're all up in arms complaining about Vince Russo and how it's the end of wrestling as we know it and it's the stupidest thing ever. I for one actually liked the PPV, and the build up to it.

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;460855]I find myself displeased with how TNA has handled this whole Taylor/Kong scenario. They've built up Kong as this unstoppable monster that no one in the women's division can beat, then used what was essentially a debut talent (with little previous credibility) to get the belt off her. To me that just makes Kong look irreparably weak.[/QUOTE] This may have already been mentioned, so sorry if it has, but is this not essentially what the 'E did with Santino beating Umaga for the IC title? Maybe people did complain about that, don't know...

My only problem with Taylor beating Kong, is that she did it on TV first. If they'd saved the match for PPV, where people would have to pay to see it, and had her do the impossible, and win the title, and the money, all would have been good. Apparently they had an unexpected extra week of TV to book, and they decided to have her win on TV too. One fluke victory doesn't hurt Kong. Two does.

[QUOTE=MattitudeV2;461213]Masato Yoshino is the little fast Japanese guy,To answer your question No! He works NJPW which I believe is a partner of TNA. That large breasted blond is Angelina Love or Angel Williams former WWE worker know TNA Superstar Actually Ultimo Guerrueo has had interest to come back also they are talking to Shocker.[/QUOTE] Masato Yoshino... and Naruki Doi... so... The Speed Muscle work for Dragon Gate, not for New Japan Pro Wrestling. Many americans worked for DG, like Jack Evans and Matt Sydal.

[QUOTE=wilts;462052]This may have already been mentioned, so sorry if it has, but is this not essentially what the 'E did with Santino beating Umaga for the IC title? Maybe people did complain about that, don't know...[/QUOTE] kong is losing clean.... Santino didnt really beat umaga as much as he was getting manhandled until Lashely "won" it for santino....

[QUOTE=The Human Cancer;462086]Masato Yoshino... and Naruki Doi... so... The Speed Muscle work for Dragon Gate, not for New Japan Pro Wrestling. Many americans worked for DG, like Jack Evans and Matt Sydal.[/QUOTE] Well I didn't know the name of the promotion at the time.

Archived