DOTM Joint Nomination Thread

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been known to make mistakes. And when i do apologies are in order. Maskedpropaganda was over looked In my last update, and was kind enough to bring it to my attention in private. (thank you) So I apologize publicly for the over site, and have rectified the situation. The front page is now up to date, but if you see anything else i overlooked, give me a shout. [QUOTE=Wildfire1324;472091]Thanks for the nomination dude. :) I just posted the undercard for SHOWDOWN 12: END OF DAYS tonight and the main event will be up tomorrow. Here is a link for anyone who wants to get a peek into what the NWA: A Return to Glory is all about. (Cough *cheap plug* Cough) [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=14123&page=72[/url][/QUOTE] the link on the front page wasn't enough. :p shameless :)

Time to weigh in on my nominations. Realworld: I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy a diary that i think is grossly overlooked. always quality story line, and great developement of his under card. [URL="http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=26405"]Dse81's "The New NWA"[/URL] Cornellverse: My cornell verse pick just barley squeaks in. [URL="http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=32960&page=9"]Nevermore's " MoSC: The Worst Of British Wrestling"[/URL] another great look at how the cornelverse is developing outside the confines of North America and Japan. (he has 5 shows, 2 of which are in july: now post the advertised show :D, please!) Rookie: Infinitywpi's Welcome may be out of the running, but he is brining back a real world dairy that I think every one should take a look at. [URL="http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=34293"]WWE: Aftermath -- One Year Later[/URL] I really enjoyed the original, i am impressed with the short but thorough recap format and am looking forward to the match ups to come. Infinity has a knack for creating scenario's that turn the wrestling world on it's ear, and this is a prime example.

Ok, I've already used my rookie nomination up. I probably won't do a real world nomination this month, as I haven't kept up with the diaries very well. But for the Cverse - I'd like to 2nd Actarus's "Jim Force Returns", as it's well written, entertaining, and has a great prediction system (probably the best on the boards, IMO)

[QUOTE=mistaken;472257]Rookie: Infinitywpi's Welcome may be out of the running, but he is brining back a real world dairy that I think every one should take a look at. [URL="http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=34293"]WWE: Aftermath -- One Year Later[/URL] I really enjoyed the original, i am impressed with the short but thorough recap format and am looking forward to the match ups to come. Infinity has a knack for creating scenario's that turn the wrestling world on it's ear, and this is a prime example.[/QUOTE] To be fair, the 'short but thoough recap format' is mainly until I get up to the 'one year later' part. The theory is, I'll be recapping Summerslam 2008 about the time the real Summerslam 2008 is going on, so that'll give me a good 'compare and contrast' point for people to jump on with.

[QUOTE=infinitywpi;472381]To be fair, the 'short but thoough recap format' is mainly until I get up to the 'one year later' part. The theory is, I'll be recapping Summerslam 2008 about the time the real Summerslam 2008 is going on, so that'll give me a good 'compare and contrast' point for people to jump on with.[/QUOTE] I hoped/assumed that you would returning to a full format once the catch up period was done. :D

Thanks to all who've nominated me - it's a buzz to be mentioned alongside some of my fellow contenders :) Still and all, the ballot's not complete without shipshirt's [URL="http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=33709"]Championship Wrestling from Boston[/URL] on it somehwere - compelling writing, old school wrestling, and a main event run for... [I]Ash Campbell[/I]? :confused: Even with that, it's great fun.

Just liked to use this opportunity to thanks those that nominated me for rookie diary of the month it is a true and unexpected honor. I hope I can continue or improve on my current writing when I finally post my first full card. I would also like to thank all my readers and correspondents for their continued support and motivation.

Wow, so people ARE reading my diary! Perhaps I was wrong all along about people not caring about wrestling in Europe... Most of the diaries I enjoy have already been nominated AND seconded, save one that I noticed.... [B]APW-A Country Designed Purely to Kill You[/B] I'll second that. Awesome graphical layout aside, its a great diary.

[QUOTE=Comradebot;472447]Wow, so people ARE reading my diary! Perhaps I was wrong all along about people not caring about wrestling in Europe... Most of the diaries I enjoy have already been nominated AND seconded, save one that I noticed.... [B]APW-A Country Designed Purely to Kill You[/B] I'll second that. Awesome graphical layout aside, its a great diary.[/QUOTE] :cool: Thank you so much - and to Hyde for the original nomination. It won't garner any votes but the fact it was nominated means a lot.

I think the first post is up to date. I have a question to ask you now. Should i do the same as last month and put the one vote here and the other 2 in another forum, behind a hyper link? or should put all 3 polls in the 2008 forum? or should i run the polls one after the other, instead of all at the same time? thanks for opinions.

[QUOTE=mistaken;472581]I think the first post is up to date. I have a question to ask you now. Should i do the same as last month and put the one vote here and the other 2 in another forum, behind a hyper link? or should put all 3 polls in the 2008 forum? or should i run the polls one after the other, instead of all at the same time? thanks for opinions.[/QUOTE] Put all three in this forum as last time the ones in the 07 forum got less than half the votes of the one in the '08 forum.

Can I withdraw my diary from the competition? I don't think I'm seconded anyway and I'd rather just write the thing as something fun for me to do and not get into "so and so's is better/worse than mine". Or be bummed when no one votes for it. I have enough competition in my life as is lol P.S. But thank you for the nod James! That was very nice of you and I'm really thrilled you dig the diary

[QUOTE=shipshirt;472983]Can I withdraw my diary from the competition? I don't think I'm seconded anyway and I'd rather just write the thing as something fun for me to do and not get into "so and so's is better/worse than mine". Or be bummed when no one votes for it. I have enough competition in my life as is lol P.S. But thank you for the nod James! That was very nice of you and I'm really thrilled you dig the diary[/QUOTE] I certainly want to respect the wishes of each author. And we hope you value the consideration as much as we value all the hard work you put in each month. (even if it is for your own enjoyment. :D) I have Withdrawn your nomination, but have not removed it, as I want any one who stops into this thread to know, that it is defiantly a diary worth their time to take a look at. Best of luck with your diary in the coming month. :) -mistaken

Wow! Looks like I've missed this. I WOULD nominate Wallbanger's dynasty, but I'm pretty sure he's only posted one show last month. Also, I would have 2nded shipshirts Championship Wrestling from Boston, but SOMEONE had to withdraw himself from this. Still, I'd like to 2nd maskedpropaganda's Establishing the Underground! It's well written, has a good sense of humor about it, has its own style with a blog show write-up combo. If I didn't miss any deadline (it's already the 1st! I can't believe summer is coming to an end!)

[QUOTE=mistaken;473001]I certainly want to respect the wishes of each author. And we hope you value the consideration as much as we value all the hard work you put in each month. (even if it is for your own enjoyment. :D) I have Withdrawn your nomination, but have not removed it, as I want any one who stops into this thread to know, that it is defiantly a diary worth their time to take a look at. Best of luck with your diary in the coming month. :) -mistaken[/QUOTE] Oh believe me, I do value it! I really love when people comment and are enjoying the diary. I just have SO much competition in my "day job" area of entertainment that this is a nice way for me to be creative and have fun (while hopefully entertaining people who are reading) away from that. Thank you for leaving it as something worthy for people to check out, I'll take all of the pimping that's offered :)

Nominations are closed, and the Polls are up. Thank you to all the people who participated in the nomination process. Can i ask for comments on the new process? does having one person run both DOTM out of the same Thread work? Should I stick with 2nding the nominations? (it seemed to bring alot more people into the thred) Should the Rookie category stick around? Any other complaints on how I ran things? thank you for the feed back!

Archived