After posting I realized they were still updating the game into June. Pretty impressive definitely helps me feel that I'm getting my monies worth out of this years game. Still am holding out hope that they release another game that makes managing the fights and fighters a little easier....while adding more options :) Tournament mode alone would have me considering the purchase.

This game is addictive for whatever reason. I've been playing non-stop since I bought it, have multiple games going, etc. It really got me into MMA irl too. I watched it some back in school, UFC-Gracie and Shamrock, but never REALLY got into it. Since I've bought the game I can't enough of the real stuff. I watch Elite XC as much as I can, it's the only promo I get here, that and a little UFC. The last few weeks I've been hitting all the sites trying to learn as much as I can abt the sport. Sherdog, outside of the promotion sites, is the only site I've found that seems in depth. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. I find myself searching youtube looking for matches and what not, just seems there's not enough out there to satisfy my appetite since buying the game. I plan on hitting the video store this weekend and picking up some past events. The wife will be gone for the weekend and despite trying to get her into the sport via Gina Carano she just doesn't get it. Seems to be a real strategy/beauty to the sport but again, I'm new and may not even know what I'm talking abt. ;) Thanks for the great experience Adam,

[QUOTE=hornfan;472534]This game is addictive for whatever reason. I've been playing non-stop since I bought it, have multiple games going, etc. It really got me into MMA irl too. I watched it some back in school, UFC-Gracie and Shamrock, but never REALLY got into it. Since I've bought the game I can't enough of the real stuff. I watch Elite XC as much as I can, it's the only promo I get here, that and a little UFC. The last few weeks I've been hitting all the sites trying to learn as much as I can abt the sport. [B]Sherdog, outside of the promotion sites, is the only site I've found that seems in depth.[/B] Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. I find myself searching youtube looking for matches and what not, just seems there's not enough out there to satisfy my appetite since buying the game. I plan on hitting the video store this weekend and picking up some past events. The wife will be gone for the weekend and despite trying to get her into the sport via Gina Carano she just doesn't get it. Seems to be a real strategy/beauty to the sport but again, I'm new and may not even know what I'm talking abt. ;) Thanks for the great experience Adam,[/QUOTE] Sherdog.com MMAJunkie.com MMAWeekly.com Bloodyelbow.com Just a couple. On sites like YouTube/Dailymotion you can find past fights in smaller orgs of today's top fighters or just random good bouts.

The game needs to get harder. In TEW, the difficulty has increased every version. In WMMA finances are too easy. Loading speeds, match commentary, and the universe can be increased indefinately so there are always room for more updates. And there are tons of little details to simulate real MMA events like it's hard to simulate a Travis Fulton right now.

[QUOTE=hornfan;472534]This game is addictive for whatever reason. I've been playing non-stop since I bought it, have multiple games going, etc. It really got me into MMA irl too. I watched it some back in school, UFC-Gracie and Shamrock, but never REALLY got into it. Since I've bought the game I can't enough of the real stuff. I watch Elite XC as much as I can, it's the only promo I get here, that and a little UFC. The last few weeks I've been hitting all the sites trying to learn as much as I can abt the sport. Sherdog, outside of the promotion sites, is the only site I've found that seems in depth. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. I find myself searching youtube looking for matches and what not, just seems there's not enough out there to satisfy my appetite since buying the game. I plan on hitting the video store this weekend and picking up some past events. The wife will be gone for the weekend and despite trying to get her into the sport via Gina Carano she just doesn't get it. Seems to be a real strategy/beauty to the sport but again, I'm new and may not even know what I'm talking abt. ;) Thanks for the great experience Adam,[/QUOTE] Also go to liveaudiowrestling.com for MMA and wrestling news. I'm surprised I haven't see this one quoted here before. Since MMA really started hitting it big they altered their show format to include MMA (for several years now) and I can't tell you how much of a help it's been for me getting a grasp on the other promotions.

[QUOTE=ACCBiggz;472548]Sherdog.com MMAJunkie.com MMAWeekly.com Bloodyelbow.com Just a couple. On sites like YouTube/Dailymotion you can find past fights in smaller orgs of today's top fighters or just random good bouts.[/QUOTE] fightlinker.com isn't really an MMA news site like the other ones mentioned here but if you want a little bit funny with your MMA experience it's the place to go. The site definitely made me a much much bigger MMA fan since I came across it about a year and a half ago. It's not for everyone, but I dig it.

I really like WMMA i have to say that. It was my game for 2007, at least for anticipation levels i had for it. To the most extent it reached my expectations and i would buy WMMA2 irrelevant of what features it will have, simply because i trust Adam will put on the market something worth our money. What i would like to see is. #1 an online variant OR a more detailed multiplayer option of some sort. Something which allows maybe 8-10 players to play in one world (the more the better of course) I recently went to a games seminar in Europe with allot of the big name games producers and the stats show that online is catching up with boxed\download games quickly. It is the way of the future and i for one would suggest it. I do know that Adam is not a big supporter of this though:confused: #2 More financial options, going from the contracts to the TV deals, marketing and so on. As said earlier in this thread, the financials are too easy and not very realistic, this is one direction allot can be improved #3 Work on the default database, said this many times before, rather not bring it up again, but the database needs to be much bigger AND with much less % wise in chicks. This is a game made for primarily a male contingent which like or watch MMA, most of them do not particularly go crazy about chick fights. Keep the chicks as they are, increase the men fighters in the game. #4 Few bugs on the training and so on. I have had multiple fighters which had 100 on all stats by the age of 30, that cannot be right. Also with the weights, a fighter which is 185pounds, does not loose weight to drop to 175 to fight in the 185 division:eek: Allot of such bugs which kind of make this game feel more like a simulator that a real MMA environment. HOWEVER, this game is the first out there and there is huge potential in the genre, so i sure hope Adam will stick on this. TEW was not what it is today overnight;)

Agreed with all of those points, but my biggest one by FAR is the loading times for the meeting function once you've played for a few years. From what I understand it is because the game takes into account all of the fights in the fighters history before outputting the anticipation levels for each possible fight. A few years in though and hitting the meeting button could quite seriously mean up to a 5 minute wait! This is my only gripe in an otherwise superb game, and like Capelli, I will purchase any sequel without question.

[QUOTE=The Authority;475869]Agreed with all of those points, but my biggest one by FAR is the loading times for the meeting function once you've played for a few years. From what I understand it is because the game takes into account all of the fights in the fighters history before outputting the anticipation levels for each possible fight. A few years in though and hitting the meeting button could quite seriously mean up to a 5 minute wait! This is my only gripe in an otherwise superb game, and like Capelli, I will purchase any sequel without question.[/QUOTE] Damn! How far ahead are you? My loading times are not too great either, but 5 minutes? That is extreme, what computer do you have?

Archived