First time as a CornellVerse user and I am playing as 21CW. 2 months into my game I continue to book shows that are "hurting my popularity." I have adjusted my product settings and can't seem to lose the definition "will mean wrestlers are rated much more for popularity than performance." None of the wrestlers in 21CW are popular enough to garner a very high rating but I do have some excellent performers. So how to I switch things around to make wrestlers rated on performance, and/or how do I start to get some higher show ratings. Not to be cliche but like others have said- I have tried the simple solutions of testing many different angle types and match ups and have found some workers with good chemistry but my ratings are steady around D to D+, which isn't adequate to maintain my C popularity and importance in the UK.

If you want a performance over popularity product, 21CW is the completely wrong promotion for you as they are a sports entertainment promotion, and that is heavily based on popularity. What you want is more of a traditional or pure type promotion. The best one for that in the UK region is ROF as they are a pure wrestling promotion and it is all about the ring action and the workers skills. NOTBPW is also that style, but a bigger promotion. If you still want angles, try MAW. They are still rated more on performance than popularity, but the product allows the inclusion of angles.

If you change the settings to much, you will no longer be playing 21CW. Try pushing a couple workers to get their popularity up, eventually things will start to turn around. Also, use Nova. I gave him a talk show to get the other workers over and it worked great with Danny Patterson. It also doesn't hurt to put him in a match or two.

Yep that is why 21cw is so hard they have high starting overness as a company but the workers are nowhere near as popular. 1. Spam Nova, he is your most over worker use him in the ring too. 2. Try increasing those parts that increase based on performance , modern, realisn, hyperrealism, pure. Decreasing those that do more on pop. 3. Even with all of the above you wil probably fall to regional do not fret you will get back to cult eventually. 4. Non agression pacs with bigger companies outside the UK or you wil loose all that good talent. All in all 21CW looks great on first glance but is a realy big challange.

Totally agree with what has been said above. 21CW is mightily difficult at first because of the lack of overness the workers have. I was hoping that the update might have balanced out some of the UK overness but it hasn't (I do feel that by now some 21CW workers should be more over in the UK than some MOSC one). So you're always going to struggle when you only have 2 guys at D overness. I'd make your user character a wrestler that can go into the main event - that way at least you've got another body in the ring who is quite over. As was said above, use Nova pretty much relentlessly. He's not needed in the commentary box - The Steamroller can take that role easily enough. So get him involved in the ring - the fact that Thompson/Lee/Price are in 'The Takeover' stable suggests to me that they should be feuding with Nova. Use a couple of others on the roster to support the boss against Thompson and Price and try to use that to get some main eventers more popular. That would be my suggestion, but then I haven't played a long-running 21CW game yet myself. As Scorpio said, if you change the settings too much you're going to end up with something that doesn't resemble 21CW. Of course, it would start to resemble what 21CW used to be like in prior incarnations. So there's another way in for you - set up a rival company, perhaps with Tyler Baker on board - to try and promote what 21CW used to be like and go up against the real mccoy.

I have created a talk show segment which Nova hosts and has 3 guests on at some point in each show. It is doing wonders as it always scores a B or B+ popularity and I have seen two workers go from E+ to D+ in about a month of doing this. I sense that I am going to need to put Nova in the ring eventually and move steamroller to color. I have never really done a sports entertianment promotion or a UK promotion so I am happy with my current undertaking. It's gonna get tough though because the industry and economy are falling. Hopefully they don't bottom out...

Industry and economy have no direct effect on popularity, only on gate reciepts and other income plus willingness of the tv networks and ppv providers to do bussines. It has no effect on a promotions popularity or a workers popularity in a direct sense at all.

Can't remember what is the default ratio of 21CW, but change the match ratio to 70% or even to 60%.. You need lots and lots of good angles with the most entertaining guys to get them over :) The product is just perfect, the match/angle ratio is what you need to change.

I think it's ok to change the product definition over time, to adapt to what you want to create, like going from Eastern Championship Wrestling to Extreme Championship Wrestling, or even WWF to the Attitude Era. But I would agree that changing the product drastically upon arrival would no longer be like playing as 21CW.

[QUOTE=Hyde Hill;474551]Industry and economy have no direct effect on popularity, only on gate reciepts and other income plus willingness of the tv networks and ppv providers to do bussines. It has no effect on a promotions popularity or a workers popularity in a direct sense at all.[/QUOTE] This is still more than enough to kill 21CW if it doesn't find its feet in time.

[QUOTE=lordprimeau25;475392]Is there any way to increase a worker's popularity other than putting him in angles with other more popular workers. What happened to the days where simple push via a winning streak got a guy over???[/QUOTE] You can do that but his the matches he wins had better be higher rated than his overness.

OK, This will sound dumb but the momentum category actually confuses me at times. Does momentum fluctuate based on quality of matches and segments or victories. I remember being told it depends on quality which means everyone in 21CW should have awful momentum because they all have such low popularity. On the other hand while it makes more sense to be based on victories, a guy who I have been pushing and giving alot of wins is actually losing momentum...

[QUOTE=lordprimeau25;475620]OK, This will sound dumb but the momentum category actually confuses me at times. Does momentum fluctuate based on quality of matches and segments or victories. I remember being told it depends on quality which means everyone in 21CW should have awful momentum because they all have such low popularity. On the other hand while it makes more sense to be based on victories, a guy who I have been pushing and giving alot of wins is actually losing momentum...[/QUOTE] Both - but if the matches suck, even though he's winning, then his momentum will slowly go down. Plus - [U]generally, [/U]a worker's momentum will be fairly closely linked to their popularity - so you aren't going to get your 21CW workers to A* momentum (or keep them there) until they get VERY popular.

Momentum is actually three fold two parts are constant and a third factor can be a instant booster or deflator. 1. Winning matches - also dependent on how much momentum the other guy has. 2. Quality of matches and angles. 3. Debut momentum, gimmick changes, heel/face turns. One is start momentum the other 2 can increase or decrease momentum a lot depending on succes of the turn and rating of the new gimmick.

• 3 weeks later...
Looking for a suggestion... I am 4 months into a feud between The Takeover vs. my user character and Jeff Nova. As I have it written out I would like to bring a new member into The Takeover which of course would also be useful strategy in giving that person a huge push. I have searched the roster for eligible candidates and narrowed it down to 3: 1. Rolling Johnny Stones- Best worker of the three currently, and seems like with some added charisma is definitely a potential main event player. 2. Don Henderson- I signed the guy and really had no big plans for him. However, he then shows up in the next big thing column at the creative meeting. I don't like too much about him though he has good entertainment skills, and I rank him here because of the next big thing (which I don;t know how reliable that is). 3. Luke Cool- Kind of a dark horse, right now the fans are really against him, so it may not yet be time to pull the trigger. The main reason I am considering him is because of the three, he seems like the most likely fuure star? Opinions...

[QUOTE=lordprimeau25;485727]Looking for a suggestion... I am 4 months into a feud between The Takeover vs. my user character and Jeff Nova. As I have it written out I would like to bring a new member into The Takeover which of course would also be useful strategy in giving that person a huge push. I have searched the roster for eligible candidates and narrowed it down to 3: 1. Rolling Johnny Stones- Best worker of the three currently, and seems like with some added charisma is definitely a potential main event player. 2. Don Henderson- I signed the guy and really had no big plans for him. However, he then shows up in the next big thing column at the creative meeting. I don't like too much about him though he has good entertainment skills, and I rank him here because of the next big thing (which I don;t know how reliable that is). 3. Luke Cool- Kind of a dark horse, right now the fans are really against him, so it may not yet be time to pull the trigger. The main reason I am considering him is because of the three, he seems like the most likely fuure star? Opinions...[/QUOTE] Personally, I'd use Don, but I mark for him - in my ROF game, six years in he's a worthy top champ for an International-size ROF. His fundamentals are solid and he can outwork a lot of your roster, and that gives you a Takeover member who can teach while he squashes.

Archived