seriously...how many times has this been done? (WWE)

Franchise22

And if they turn Batista heel anyway? Will we still complain that "Cena should have been turned heel instead!". And Simply Priceless was fixing the tag division? Not sure I follow that logic. Those belts haven't mattered since like 2000. And I find it hard to believe that putting the tag belts on Cena/Batista will be the downfall of the ratings. I think more people tune in for Cena & Batista than they do DiBiase Jr & Cody Rhodes.

The only time I enjoyed having tag champs feud with each other was the Kurt Angle / Chris Benoit -storyline. Those two had chemistry like no other :) But yeah it was so clear that Cena and Batista will win those titles.. Couldn't care less about those two guys. Altough it's fun to now realize that CM Punk is the world champ and Cena/Batista are the tagchamps. Who could have guessed this few months back?

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;475572] Anyone like Matt Stryker on ECW sitting at the announcer's table?[/QUOTE] I might have more if not for one big problem. Being saddled with Gresham. God's fish, I knew Gresham looked like an accountant but that's no reason to act like one on the mic. As a low level indy announce team they might have been acceptable. As a WWE broadcast team (albeit on the C show) totally unacceptable. Now you want to give me the kinetic energy of say a Joey Styles and play it against the cerebral calm and surprising-for-a-heel honesty of Striyker, I could buy into that. A young guy/old guy combo of Styker and Lawler could also work for me. Stryker's persona seems to work well behind a commentary mic. But seeing Gresham with Striker cemented a three word thought in my mind. FIRE TODD GRESHAM!!

[QUOTE=cappyboy;475905]I might have more if not for one big problem. Being saddled with Gresham. God's fish, I knew Gresham looked like an accountant but that's no reason to act like one on the mic. As a low level indy announce team they might have been acceptable. As a WWE broadcast team (albeit on the C show) totally unacceptable. Now you want to give me the kinetic energy of say a Joey Styles and play it against the cerebral calm and surprising-for-a-heel honesty of Striyker, I could buy into that. A young guy/old guy combo of Styker and Lawler could also work for me. Stryker's persona seems to work well behind a commentary mic. But seeing Gresham with Striker cemented a three word thought in my mind. FIRE TODD GRESHAM!![/QUOTE] Todd Gresham doesn't work for WWE. Todd Grisham, on the other hand will work hard (unlike Adamle) to make sure he's the best he can be.

[QUOTE=scorpion;475292]I agree, if WWE hadn't been so quick to pull the trigger on this match (Cena vs. Batista), they could have made it work. And if somehow, they do start working together it could save the angle, but I have no faith in WWE to do the interesting thing, they always go back to the same old stuff[/QUOTE] In this case, the Megapowers storyline from twenty years ago or so. Although I'm not a fan of the rehashin, if they go a different route with it, make the titles seem like enough to paper over the cracks in the relationship, and have B/C defending them and busting their guts to keep them, then it elevates the whole tag division - if the matches are good, of course. You could even spin out the SS match so that it's less impactful than normal (a Work the Crowd match, to use TEW parlance) because neither man wants to injure his partner and lose the belts. When the inevitable loss/split/turn comes about, it'd be nice if it was six months or so down the line, with WM around the corner and Cena/Batista 2 playing out before serious heat. [QUOTE=Remianen;475563]All I know is that today, I spoke to a friend of mine who is a diehard WWE fanboi and when I asked him if I could come to his place to watch SummerSlam, he said, "I'm not payin' for that ****". :eek: Basically, he (and several of his family members who are also WWE fanatics) doesn't like the idea of JBL in a PPV main event going after a top title.[/QUOTE] The chances of JBL/Punk being anywhere near the top of the card are practically zero - HiaC will main event. That's this year's draw - that and C/B, anyway. The title matches this time around are secondary. Punk will probably retain (they'll blow all their good work if JBL beats him, and it'd take a lot of catching up just to get back to where they are now) and HHH will definitely retain. The end (please? good matches - but enough already) of Taker/Edge will be in the main. Not that your friend can't choose how to spend his money - but JBL/Punk will be done in under ten minutes and will probably be forgotten even quicker. I'd say that Mark Henry's inevitable squashing of Matt Hardy is more likely to pick up the worst match award :(

Tbh does it matter to you guys who has belts? I could care less who the "Champion" is since there are so many damn belts these days. I think guys can be popular without needing belts to drag around like say 10 years ago when thier was about 4 titles, now its I'm the best i have 20 different title wins on my resume, pfft w/e.

[QUOTE=scorpion;475267] I completely agree about Adamle though, he did all right. I liked the opening segment untill "grown-up Jericho" started arguing like a child, but that wasn't Adamle's fault.[/QUOTE] That wasn't horrible either, I just figured that since it's about the World Heavyweight championship, stuff like such is bound to happen, even with Jericho's new personality.. I thought it was fun seeing two heels argue for the no.1 contender spot, always get a kick out of that. [quote]Tbh does it matter to you guys who has belts? I could care less who the "Champion" is since there are so many damn belts these days. I think guys can be popular without needing belts to drag around like say 10 years ago when thier was about 4 titles, now its I'm the best i have 20 different title wins on my resume, pfft w/e.[/quote] I don't think there's THAT many titles... well, maybe they should unify the tag titles, but apart from that, nothing too dramatic. Guess we're lucky enough they didn't create those ECW Tag Team titles they planned to do last year.

Well I think thats the main problem with WWE these days is there are too many titles and having 3 brands spreads out the actual talented guys they have. 2 brands worked back in the day after WCW and ECW fell to pieces because of the number guys they had access too but now after retirements and people going to TNA they just dont have the depth for 3 brands as most of the new talented are misused or just not good enough yet to be on Raw/Smackdown.

Guest Ransik
There are WAAAAAAAY too many Titles? Remember back during the InVasion when Foley made that promo about there being too many Champions? Yeah... this was also when there was MORE TV time and there were less Titles than there are now! They can easily scrap the ECW Title... everyone knows "Sunday Night Heat" when they see it. No reason to have two sets of Tag Team Titles when you don't even have four tag teams on 3 brands to have two feuds for the two Titles! No reason for 2 Women's Titles. Also don't need a World Champion and a WWE Champion... I'm one of those people that if they play a real world mod in TEW... I scrap the brands... I scrap over half the Titles.... and I fire the useless... never gonna do anything talent... which is what the WWE has needed to do for years.

Well, honestly with the additional brand, they only added one title. The Cruiserweight division was replaced by the Diva's title. The two tag team championships have the bonus of being able to include more talent if they use them right. Each brand HAS to have thier version of the biggest goal. Why would you focus a whole brand around the "Us Championship" and expect it to mean something. ECW is holding it's slot very nicely. Fact, if Smackdown isn't carefull, they are going to catch up to them in ratings. I wouldn't call it "Heat" anymore. They've served their purpose quite a bit better then Heat ever has done. What they need is more focus on the title's your talking about, and a direct competition for them. Something we can see.

Something about Todd Grisham screams SUNDAY NIGHT HEAT!!!!!!! at me. I know he presented it, but he comments on every match like it's a midcarder beating a jobber. Mind you, anything over Adamle is a plus at this point. And he's not so bad he makes me want to throw the TV out of the window, as in TNA Impact's announce team, who seem to get some sort of sexual satisfaction from the prgramme they scream so loud . . .

Archived