Hall Of Fame 2008

Okay, so people seem to think it's a good idea. Do people think it should continue as it did last time? As a reminder these were the rules; [LIST] [*]You get to choose three diary WRITERS that you think are worthy of the Hall Of Fame. [*]Rank them and PM me your choices, with your favourite first, second second etc. Number them so I know for sure who you wanted first. [*]The three writers with the most points will be inducted. [*]You can vote for yourself, but only if you genuinely believe you are one of the three most worthy of induction to the Hall Of Fame. [*]Post on this thread to say you have PM'd. That way the topic can stay near the topic without having to say "bump" every few hours. [*]I'll close it in 2 weeks time, so Tuesday 26th August 2008 [*]Nominations can be Cornellverse, real world, or a mixture of both. After all, it's the writers who are being rewarded, not individual dynasties [*]Please take it seriously. [*]Scapino, Monkeypox and Tristram are all ineligble as they were inducted as the Class Of 2007. [*]There are no rules on longevity or posts. If you think the most worthy is someone who started their first diary today and have only posted in it once, it's your call. [*]A new thread will be started in 2 weeks time announcing the first ever inductions into the GDS Total Extreme Wrestling Dynasties Hall Of Fame. [/LIST] So simply- you nominate your top three AUTHORS you think are deserving of being inducted, you vote by PM (so it's secret and you can't get swayed by other people) and the three with the most points get inducted. Do people agree with this method? If so, I'll get cracking on clearing out the inbox and settting up the spreadsheet either tonight or tomorrow. Also, dunno if you're reading this Trist but would you be interested in being my checker? You were inducted last year so you've got nothing to gain and I know I can trust you, I think it's fairer if you can all be sure that I'm not rigging it or whatever 'cos we have someone else checking my totals. Good luck everyone and nominate away!

[QUOTE=James Casey;478016]Your closing date is sixteen months ago :p Just about to send mine through, anyway.[/QUOTE] Heh, yeah... I wasn't really using it as a certain thing, just a reminder of last year. But if people are fine with it as it was then I guess we'll get going then. Thanks for your nominations. If anyone doesn't want to be nominated let me know (although not sure why you would), and remember Tristram, Scap and Monkeypox were all inducted last year and hence cannae be inducted again. Closing date will be 26th August, which two weeks from today to give everyone a chance to vote (including anyone lucky enough to be on holiday). Hope everyone's fine with this, if not, this is the place to say!

more than a bump, but I thought some[URL="http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=34602"] reference[/URL] material was in Order. In case you can't decide what order, or can't pick that 3rd candidate, take a look at who has one the monthly award, and how many time's they've done it.

[QUOTE=keefmoon;479071]Might as well bump by saying I've nominated (:p) so if anyone hasn't this is the time to do it. I want to say it's close, but one guy is miles ahead of everyone else! But the race for the other two spots is quite interesting.[/QUOTE] I know you said there are only three spots, but seein at it's been 18 months would you consider a fourth nominee if the scores are with in a point or two? (I know last time 1 point kept some one out)

[QUOTE=mistaken;479089]I know you said there are only three spots, but seein at it's been 18 months would you consider a fourth nominee if the scores are with in a point or two? (I know last time 1 point kept some one out)[/QUOTE] Yes, as long as there is enough support from other people and it is not me who is in 4th! Otherwise that would incredibly suspicious on my behalf... If people are in, then I'm game. My only worry is what with the other thing we have planned (people who nominated before today will know what I'm referring to) it might seem like overkill. But like I say, I'm a man of the people, this is a democracy, so if you want 4 people if it's within a couple of points then I'll do it. I will definitely do it if 2 people are tied for 3rd place, though.

Please for just 4 words a day you can help an illiterate child have the gift of Wrestling Dynasties. (show picture of a child with upside down book) That's less than 150 words a month, well under 2000 words a year! (show a child watching tv with a pile of neglected books on a shelf behind him) But we can't do it with out you, so pull out those keyboards, search the drawer for a spare number pad if that is all you can give. (show a grown man scratching his head trying to read a fast food menu board) But take the time use those words, and do something constructive with them! nominate the best Writers on these boards, and show your support for people who care, and give well more than their four words a day. (show picture of old fat woman from 70's sitcom holding the old bearded guy from the other commercials, holding a stack of books) and when you've done so leave a message here, to keep this thread from falling to page two. we thank you, and we know you will do all you can.

[QUOTE=mistaken;479431]Please for just 4 words a day you can help an illiterate child have the gift of Wrestling Dynasties. (show picture of a child with upside down book) That's less than 150 words a month, well under 2000 words a year! (show a child watching tv with a pile of neglected books on a shelf behind him) But we can't do it with out you, so pull out those keyboards, search the drawer for a spare number pad if that is all you can give. (show a grown man scratching his head trying to read a fast food menu board) But take the time use those words, and do something constructive with them! nominate the best Writers on these boards, and show your support for people who care, and give well more than their four words a day. (show picture of old fat woman from 70's sitcom holding the old bearded guy from the other commercials, holding a stack of books) and when you've done so leave a message here, to keep this thread from falling to page two. we thank you, and we know you will do all you can.[/QUOTE] That's awesome.

In the beginning there was nothing shortly after that one particle emerged about 1 bajillionth of a second later it's own ego grew so big it split into two those pieces immediately disagreed on the nature of their universe amorphous mass 1 though all things should be earned individually that life starts at zero and adds up the glass is still half empty and must be filled amorphous mass 2 thought all things should be provided communally that life starts full and subtracts down the glass is half empty we must keep any more from leaking out blob 1 attacked blob 2 looking to take what he had blob 2 defended him self, splitting into a million pieces to prove the futility of fighting, and how working as a group you can always over come blob 1 responded by creating weapons of mass destruction and using them to create even more of blob 2 (you can see the futility of this) blob 2 retaliated passive aggressively, by refusing to let blob 1 or any of it decedents into his university's, clubs or other organizations this is the history of the first wrestling match as you can see history has a way of repeating itself now please vote for the best writers on these boards and leave a note when you've done so! (in case your like hey i've seen this already, you have inded, i figured no reason just type bump, so i keep reusing the same post)

Okay people, there's just one more day left (shall we say closing at 8pm tomorrow GMT?) so if you haven't nominated (and there are a few very active people on these boards who haven't voted, I know that for sure) then please do so the people you think need the reward get it. Remember, even if you can't think of 3 you wanna put in, I will accept one or two. The important thing is you give recognition to those who you think deserve it.

Archived