Hall Of Fame 2008

About 12 hours remaining and it's bloomin' close. Make sure you vote so your favourite doesn't lose out. Probably worth mentioning the ceremony won't be today or probably tomorrow, I'm very busy (and have a date tonight- woo!) but I will certainly do all I can to get it out there so the people get the recognition for al ltheir hard work. So get voting, people!

Get your tux ready boys, closing is 5 hours. The results won't be up tonight, as there is a very solid checking process and a whole ceremony to be written out, but votes after 20:00 GMT will not be counted. So as I say, tuxedo's on the ready, people.

I just got an invitation through the mails: Your presence requested this evening, it's formal A top hat, a white tie and tails Nothing now could take the wind out of my sails Because I'm invited to step out this evening With top hat, white tie and tails I'm puttin on my top hat Tyin' up my white tie Brushin off my tails I'm dudein' up my shirt front Puttin in the shirt studs Polishin my nails I'm steppin out, my dear To breathe an atmosphere that simply reeks with class And I trust that you'll excuse my dust when I step on the gas For I'll be there Puttin' down my top hat Mussin' up my white tie Dancin' in my tails

I guess you all already know voting is closed. I'm going to add the votes up (and there were a lot, so thanks to everyone who voted) and get started on the ceremony tonight. Hopefully I can post it tonight too. Good luck everyone. It looks to be seriously tight. EDIT: Where did we decide to stand on number of members of the class? Did we say if someone is within a point of the top three they can be inducted too because, can you believe it, it's happened again.

[QUOTE=mistaken;486978]We shall not have phelpsian shenanigans around here! winning by 1/1000th of a second is great for swimming, but for diary writing that is a statistical tie![/QUOTE] Especially if even when freeze-framed, it looks like the other guy won... But I digress...

[QUOTE=Astil;487098]Do the bumpty bump![/QUOTE] um, why? :p but in other news, if you haven't recently take a look at the last page of the hall of records, I need some opinions on the Lay out proposal for the Annual Awards. Particualarly if you like the last Row, with the 2,1,3 position lay out with Silver, Gold and Bronze Back grounds? thanks you all, and Keef You sir rock for running this competition.

[QUOTE=mistaken;487104]and Keef You sir rock for running this competition.[/QUOTE] Thanks, but it's seriously nothing. I'm just redoing the totals, finishing off the write ups and getting links to the inductees past work, not to mention that I thought I should really update my diary as I'd neglected it during HOF votes were coming in so it won't be up tonight. Tomorrow morning or evening though, probably. So stay tuned!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived