Match ups that didn't quite meet the hype.

what matches have you booked thinking they would be sure fire hits only to be disappointed for what ever reason when the results happen. Just booked my NO Surrender PPV and one of the matches was an Instant Classic i thought Kurt Angle vs Keiji Mutoh but when it came to the results it only got a C due to bad Chemistry lets hear some of yours?

Kinda recent, so it sticks with me... After a second month of building up a James Justice Vs Madman Boone fued, coming off a B- main event during their first encounter, I was expecting to get a clear cut "best match ever" in my short career holding USPW's book. Since the first match they now had: More overness, more momentum(well...Boone did) and a hotter fued. Plus Justice had just pulled a B- match out of that slug T-Rex the week previously. So...they pull...a B-. Totally heartbreaking at the time. (For the record, it was actually our best match so far, beating out James Justice Vs Giant Redwood (B-), but I had talked myself into all kinds of crazy dream grades and delusions!)

I was playing as TCW and I was pushing the hell out of Rick Law. He had B+ overness and I was pitting him against Tommy Cornell for the belt. It was a hot storyline and I had them go up against each other at the PPV. Boom, C+ match. No bad chemistry. I was so pissed... Especially since Wolf Hawkins vs. RDJ got a B.

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;479935]Bad chemistry is really just bad luck. And its definitely a good idea to be checking something like that using house shows.[/QUOTE] If you've brought in someone like Keiji Mutoh to fight your main eventer, you're not going to be able to have him on a written contract to be able to use him in house shows. You probably won't be able to have a PPA either, it was most likely a talent trade. Bad luck

[QUOTE=cyberkitten01;480057]If you've brought in someone like Keiji Mutoh to fight your main eventer, you're not going to be able to have him on a written contract to be able to use him in house shows. You probably won't be able to have a PPA either, it was most likely a talent trade. Bad luck[/QUOTE] nope written.... he was unemployed in japan so i payed to relocate him and give him a run in tna under his Great Muta gimmick. Most likely his last hoorah before retiring

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;480574]which you can't do if you're under National status.[/QUOTE] Actually you can. House shows are dependent on the number of written contracts (10+ with in-ring pushes), not promotion size. Go back to 07 and look to see how many people in DAVE were on written contracts. Was DaVE national? In reality, TNA was cult sized a few years ago, with several exclusive people. It wasn't until Impact was given two hours that TNA could really be considered National, in my view. But TNA's way of operating (where workers have to get permission from the office to work other promotions and the whole 'no promotions on TV/PPV' rule) leads you to believe their contracts are/were exclusive. But the ability to run house shows has nothing to do with promotion size in TEW. If you set 10 wrestlers on a 'small' promotion's roster to have written deals, that 'small' promotion can run house shows.

I built up Mainstream and Champagne in my USPW game. They are both B/B+ in popularity. Champagne has Primus Allen has his bodyguard while Mainstream is using Jungle Jack. They are in a storyline rated at A. They fight each other and only pull off a B-, but they got a poor chemistry note. :( Champagne won and managed to jump to all B+s, while Mainstream got more popular in the process as well, so not all was lost.

[QUOTE=Remianen;480631]In reality, TNA was cult sized a few years ago, with several exclusive people. It wasn't until Impact was given two hours that TNA could really be considered National, in my view. But TNA's way of operating (where workers have to get permission from the office to work other promotions and the whole 'no promotions on TV/PPV' rule) leads you to believe their contracts are/were exclusive.[/QUOTE] Exclusive, yes. But 'written', in a TEW sense? As for the topic, mine was the sort of match where you knew before it happened that it would be dissapointing, but had to go through with it anyway. PSW, 2009. Johnny Martin vs. Nomad for the PSW Championship title after a 6-month feud in which they've never faced each other one-on-one, with the heat now at B+. The day before the show, Martin strains his rotator cuff. Bollocks. Never mind, they should still be able to deliver an adequate match, especially as Nomad is going over. C-. Waaaagh. Considering Nomad was wrestling C's with Larry Wood and JD Morgan, and Martin was getting C-'s with the likes of Frankie Future and Teddy Powell, I was sure my uber feud blowoff would be able to manage at least a C+. Damn rotator cuff.

In TEW 07 as PGHW I set up a talent trade with NOTBPW, brought in Duane as Black Cobra for three appearences, and as a solid B all over Japan, I thought Cobra versus Mito Miwa would bring down the house. I run it, great chemistry ...and still only a C+?! Definitely a deflating one.

Archived