Gail Kim No Longer A Part Of TNA? - Profile Removed From TNA Website

Johnny Fenoli

[QUOTE=Ransik;484114]Well I just lost pretty much all respect I had for Gail.[/QUOTE] Are we supposed to be surprised? She just signed a WWE contract, or as it's known in Ransikville "made a pact with The Great Satan." Why you've got such a hard-on for denigrating WWE employees is beyond me. It was a career move. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ransik
[QUOTE=shamelessposer;484196]Are we supposed to be surprised? She just signed a WWE contract, or as it's known in Ransikville "made a pact with The Great Satan." Why you've got such a hard-on for denigrating WWE employees is beyond me. It was a career move. Nothing more, nothing less.[/QUOTE] Please.... PLEASE get new material! I'm soooooo sick and tired ofhearing that "anti-WWE" argument... it's weak! Gail has said numerous times in interviews she was unhappy in the WWE because of the work schedule and the lack of being able to wrestle her way, along with how she was used which at the time was nothing more than being a run-in sidekick for Molly I believe. TNA was putting Gail and her sister into a feud with Kong (read the spoilers) and if she wants to go back to being a jobber to the plastic Barbie dolls... that's why I lost respect for her. Has nothing to do with the WWE.... after all the talking she's done about how much she loves TNA and the way she's allowed to work and money was not the issue and only passion for the business... I don't back hypocrites. My views on wrestling and wrestlers changed dramatically after the Benoit incident... once someone goes back on everything they preach I stop giving a crap about them. I grew up respecting and idolizing tons of wrestlers that I wouldn't even say hello to in passing at present time. If someone goes against what they say... that's it for me. I don't care WHO they work for, or for how much. Mick Foley said he'd rather make $400 a week trashing himself in the Indies instead of getting paid $3,000 a week by WCW to be a jobber to the stars. Also like Foley said... if you're in this business to make money... you better get the hell out of it. I've busted my ass in wrestling for 7 years and it flat out disgusts me to hear someone preach about how money is never a deciding factor only to run back to a company where they were misused because the check was a little higher.

Well I am not an expert on Gail Kim by no meens but wasn't part of the I like TNA better stuff said because she was working for TNA? Like Booker saying I am only here to be the best and beat the best or Angle with the real wrestling, real men etc. If Gail has done out of character statements that she thought the WWE treated her like sh*t and that she didn't care about money, then yeah its hypocritical. I just hope she has some clauses in her E contract that prevent it from happening again but probably not. I don't like hypocrits either but if you could link me some true out of character info where she makes these statements I would totally agree with you. One of Nash's saving graces hes there for the MONEY! lolz

[QUOTE=Ransik;484216]Mick Foley said he'd rather make $400 a week trashing himself in the Indies instead of getting paid $3,000 a week by WCW to be a jobber to the stars. Also like Foley said... if you're in this business to make money... you better get the hell out of it. I've busted my ass in wrestling for 7 years and it flat out disgusts me to hear someone preach about how money is never a deciding factor only to run back to a company where they were misused because the check was a little higher.[/QUOTE] Amen brother, Amen.. I've busted my ass in wrestling for only 1 year but with how much I love wrestling I could care less about the money. Right now I'm working for FOWL Entertainment and love every minute of it without pay. One of my good buddies from there, Tim Mecca, was in our local paper about a month or two ago and stated the same thing Foley does. If you're in it for money you're in it for the wrong reasons. Sure, I'd like to make it to WWE, but not for money. I wanna prove to myself that I can hang with the big boys of the business. Brent Albright is another man that I have alot of respect for about this. Yeah he had a WWE contract won a few matches on Smackdown but would rather work the Indies as they have more of the "wrestling" factor to them as to WWE/TNA.

Guest Ransik
[QUOTE=Tyler Gadzinski;484277]Amen brother, Amen.. I've busted my ass in wrestling for only 1 year but with how much I love wrestling I could care less about the money. Right now I'm working for FOWL Entertainment and love every minute of it without pay. One of my good buddies from there, Tim Mecca, was in our local paper about a month or two ago and stated the same thing Foley does. If you're in it for money you're in it for the wrong reasons. Sure, I'd like to make it to WWE, but not for money. I wanna prove to myself that I can hang with the big boys of the business. Brent Albright is another man that I have alot of respect for about this. Yeah he had a WWE contract won a few matches on Smackdown but would rather work the Indies as they have more of the "wrestling" factor to them as to WWE/TNA.[/QUOTE] Exactly... I could give a crap about the money. Do you play football in high school expecting to make millions in the NFL the minute you graduate? No. Do you expect to get a free ride to college for playing? No. Like any sport done locally... you do it for the FUN.... and the JOY of performing and doing what you love. Everyone who has ever played a sport has dreams of making it big... but they know the chances of ever making money off it are slim and none... doesn't mean they're gonna stop doing it just because they're not making 6 figures for it! So why do you think when there's roughly 20 top spots on national TV wrestling in the US would you EVER think you'll be paid more than a regular job for doing it? As Foley also stated... even when he made 156k a year in WCW... after all the expenses and taxes his brother pulled in more working for UPS. People who've never been there do not get it... and they'll stick to their "it's all about the money" tripe when they don't realize even well known wrestlers have trouble paying bills the "9-5 minimum wage" guys can handle. Look at Psicosis... when he was in the WWE and sitting at home... he was making $500 a week and resorted to illegal activities which got him fired. Casual fans, marks, smarks.... all of them are firm believers that once you're a mainstay on TV, you're set for life. You know what? I don't care if I ever wrestle on national TV... to get 90 people to give me a standing ovation and knowing in the 21 year history of the ETWA I am the longest reigning Champion in history is good enough for me... very few people can say anything like that! Yeah... I'd LOVE to quit my job and just wrestle, but the odds of it happening are slim and none. Even Cheerleader Melissa through all the Indies she tours as well as TNA... works a weekend job on and off. Besides.... I work wrestling for free like a lot of guys in local companies do... it's the ONLY way to keep the company alive. And besides... does a $5-$20 payoff even matter in today's economy? Not really... the fact I can point to a video and DVD library and say "watch me go through 15 minutes of hell in a hardcore match and get a standing ovation from the crowd and the boys" is a MUCH, MUUUUUUUUCH better pay-off than a couple gallons worth of gasoline. EDIT: Oh I forgot... kind of funny Gail made that comment earlier on Impact asking if a street fight with Kong was gonna force her to leave TNA... if TNA were smart they would edit Gail out of Impact next week and USE that to make Kong look like an even bigger monster; "Kong forces Gail Kim out of TNA."

Guest Ransik
[QUOTE=The Aussie;484314]Shameless, Ransik... Please don't start this crap again. It's getting really freaking old[/QUOTE] There's a reason I didn't reply to his last post, please don't egg it on any further.

[QUOTE=Ransik;484322]There's a reason I didn't reply to his last post, please don't egg it on any further.[/QUOTE] Look, Ransik, even after all the crap I took on your old forum a few years ago I kind of like you. The way I called you out in this thread wasn't the most diplomatic way to go about it, but... four times out of five I see the Ransik name attached to a post and I expect to see something halfway insightful or a decent drawing of a Power Ranger. But that fifth post usually involves you getting pretty emotional over some aspect of wrestling, almost always connected to WWE. I understand the emotional and physical investment that you've put into the wrestling business, but where you see "wrestling" as the most important word in that phrase most people see "business." And any time that you post something WWE-related it tends to be negative and involve you and a few other people, myself often one of them, talking past each other until it degenerates into a shouting match. That second post, where you were talking to Tyler? It perfectly sums up the reasons that you feel the way you do. But the first one? You comes across like an indy music fan who called Nirvana a bunch of sellouts the second they made enough money from their music to put food on the table and pay for rent, whether or not that was your intention. The way you feel about wrestling, I feel about comics. But no matter how much some indy publisher is struggling, I'm not going to write a ton of scripts for them with no hope of compensation. As much as I love comics I'd like to make a living off of them one day, and if I were to make a habit of putting work out for free there's a number of employers who would get the idea that I was charging nothing because my work was worth nothing. Wrestling is an art, no doubt about it. And the attitude you take toward your art is inspirational. But the attitude you take toward some of your fellow artists, who expect compensation for their work... well, it can be kind of insulting.

I figured I would give my point of view on this one. No long rant don't worry. I have spent years learning my skills in the ring. I have spent alot of money in wrestling schools. In training camps and so forth. There was a comment made about playing football wanting a free ride in college. Yes some people don't but I know for one I did. I worked my ass off each and every day and got just that. I think with hard work and dedication you should get the most out of yours skills as possible. I did give up time with my wife and kid to get paid fifty bucks in some run down barn *which i have wrestled in many times*. If i got a offer from the big e i would jump at it. Would my years of martial arts training, my years of stunt experience and amateur and pro wrestling knowledge but used to it's fullest? Hell no, but i would be getting paid a good wage and finally making a return on my investment.

[QUOTE=alden;484411]I figured I would give my point of view on this one. No long rant don't worry. I have spent years learning my skills in the ring. I have spent alot of money in wrestling schools. In training camps and so forth. There was a comment made about playing football wanting a free ride in college. Yes some people don't but I know for one I did. I worked my ass off each and every day and got just that. I think with hard work and dedication you should get the most out of yours skills as possible. I did give up time with my wife and kid to get paid fifty bucks in some run down barn *which i have wrestled in many times*. If i got a offer from the big e i would jump at it. Would my years of martial arts training, my years of stunt experience and amateur and pro wrestling knowledge but used to it's fullest? Hell no, but i would be getting paid a good wage and finally making a return on my investment.[/QUOTE] Well said.

Honestly, I cannot see how anyone can cast judgement on Gail Kim's career move, without being Gail Kim. I find it absurd to think that just because someone can be in the same industry as them that they can follow the same career needs. Frankly, if her contract had lapsed, and she an offer of sticking it out at TNA and getting paid less but giving less appearances and comparatively ideologically being booked better as a female competitor, or going to the WWE, working more dates perhaps being booked in an inferior manner but getting a bigger pay-cheque, that's her decision. There's no right or wrong, it's just reality. People in every profession make the same said decisions on a constant basis. Some here have talked of booking integrity just as in the commercial world others would talk about loyalty and responsibility to their team-mates, but at the end of the day it's their right and entitlement not to be judged, crucified, or otherwise for making a decision on what in their mind is the best decision for them. No one has the right to belittle Gail's right to that decision opportunity or second guess that perhaps it's hypocritical or a cop-out.

Gail could be figuring that now that she's been the linchpin to a popular division on TNA she'll be able to do the same in WWE. Seeing as she was basically TNA's Trish Stratus, hiring Gail might be what it takes to get some Knockout influence on WWE programming. Gail Kim went from big fish in big pond to big fish in little pond, and there's a good chance US women's wrestling will benefit.

[QUOTE=The Shape;484234]Well maybe there's a chance she'll be used better this time :eek:[/QUOTE] Nonsense. If she was booked badly before, she'll be booked badly again. Everyone knows thats how it works :rolleyes: [QUOTE=tristram;484434]Honestly, I cannot see how anyone can cast judgement on Gail Kim's career move, without being Gail Kim. I find it absurd to think that just because someone can be in the same industry as them that they can follow the same career needs. Frankly, if her contract had lapsed, and she an offer of sticking it out at TNA and getting paid less but giving less appearances and comparatively ideologically being booked better as a female competitor, or going to the WWE, working more dates perhaps being booked in an inferior manner but getting a bigger pay-cheque, that's her decision. There's no right or wrong, it's just reality. People in every profession make the same said decisions on a constant basis. Some here have talked of booking integrity just as in the commercial world others would talk about loyalty and responsibility to their team-mates, but at the end of the day it's their right and entitlement not to be judged, crucified, or otherwise for making a decision on what in their mind is the best decision for them. No one has the right to belittle Gail's right to that decision opportunity or second guess that perhaps it's hypocritical or a cop-out.[/QUOTE] Exactly. Ransik, I'll look beyond the way your posts have come across as "I wrestle and you don't and hence my opinion means more" and get to the meat of it- if you had an offer from the WWE to work for them and make a living from wrestling but could take that offer and tell them where to stick it then that's great. Really, very noble of you. But there are a hell of a lot of people that wouldn't be able to turn that opportunity down. I don't think I could. It's great that you are passionate about what you do (although was it really necessary to list the standing ovation and longest reigning champion thing again?) and you don't wrestle for the money and you could tell WWE you don't want their job but it's a judgement call on the person who has to make that decision. It doesn't make them right or wrong. And for the record, Gail was unhappy at how she was pushed in the past and didn't like the workload and style and whatever. But is it not possible that her opinions may have changed over time? And is it not possible that she just wanted to try the WWE again, you know, right the wrongs of yesteryear and all that?

Interesting that Foley was cited as an example. I love Mick and have a lot of respect for him but he's well know for his love of 'payouts' I've even remember an interview with him and JR on wwe.com joking about it. If you have read all of his wrestling books you can pick up on it, and even in the first once he discusses his hatred for the 'you sold out' argument. Cant remember the exact wording but he talks about how he likes to wrestle and likes to get paid well for it. I think i probably respect him more for it. I don't know about you guys but i want to get paid as much as possible as well. Good luck to Gail Kim, for the record i thinks she's cut a finger off hot.

I started reading this thread... saw Ransiks posts... wanted to respond, but saw everyone else had beat me to it. But I'll just add that when it comes to putting food on the table, you really shouldn't judge another persons own personal decision. Opinions change and obviously she was very unhappy at TNA for her to jump ship. Love of wrestling just for wrestling aside... in the real world you do what you can to get by on a day to day basis. Just because I write for free doesn't mean I am going to kill JK Rowling for jumping to a different publisher or whateveryouhaveit. I also give points to the E for making a big move to boost their womans division. No one can say they arent trying anymore since the E hasn't really bought talent away like that since WCW folded. It just goes to show you how good the E can get when someone with a bigger dick comes along. George Carlin was dead on with that bigger dick foreign policy. [QUOTE=SuperOwens;485056]Interesting that Foley was cited as an example. I love Mick and have a lot of respect for him but he's well know for his love of 'payouts' I've even remember an interview with him and JR on wwe.com joking about it.[/QUOTE] Very true. As the worlds biggest Foley mark I can tell you he's a whore. Hell the One Night Stand Angle was based off of him leaving ECW for the E for bigger money. He jokes constantly that he'd do anything for cash and the Hell and a Cell with Taker only hurt until his check arrived in the mail.

Archived