Gail Kim No Longer A Part Of TNA? - Profile Removed From TNA Website

Johnny Fenoli

You make many good points. She [I]may[/I] be earning less money per match now, but she'll also be earning more money per year. Perhaps Gail thinks she only has a certain amount of years left in her before she retires, and wants to get as much money as she can before that time. Maybe she doesn't want to be wrestling when she's Victoria's age, or Jacqueline's. Maybe her retirement will have nothing to do with wrasslin' until her body breaks down, and more to do with wanting to move on, try new things and start a family. She'll earn more in that time with WWE than TNA. ... Or she might not be too good with the whole mathematics stuff, and is underestimating the toll the schedule is going to have on her body. You could be completely right.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE]'scuse me but I've probably missed something. Could someone point out or show me when Michelle McCool actually earned the right to be mentioned in the same breath as Alexis Laree/Mickie James, Beth Phoenix, Nikita/Katie Lea, La Felina/Gail Kim, Nattie Neidhart, and Victoria as far as wrestling skill is concerned? I missed that. Hell, Melina too. Last I heard, boinking the most respected member of the locker room doesn't inherently impart in-ring skill.[/QUOTE] My bad I didn't presume to say they had the same amount of skill as the others just that they had "some" skill and are not purely too look at anymore as those others are. It also reflects in a way how they are pushed/portrayed which in the E is also very important. I should have but in an intermediate category but for the sake of brevety and symatry I didn't. It was in no way intended to but them on an equel footing with the other ones.

[QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;488535]Man.... who's Cheerios did Styles piss in to be getting low balled like that in comparison to everyone else?[/QUOTE] So Christy Hemme is their "Top" (at least paid) Knockout. Gail deserved to make as much as her. If the other story is right, the Gail might have been offered 5k less, which would be "mean".

[QUOTE=Remianen;488141]Man, I love that quote. :)[/QUOTE] He was the master at those sorts of quotes. Despite doing weeks worth of research into his atrocities, one can't help but have a grudging amount of respect for the man. It's very strange. [QUOTE]While I can see the truth in this, I think using the term 'everyone' is wrong. I for one will never sell out because I won't ever need to do so (and yes, I can say 'never'). So that's an exception that disproves the 'everyone'. Has nothing to do with idealism though.[/QUOTE] Fair but I'd say "exception that proves the rule", of course :D. Quote The Raven Nevermore

Guest Ransik
I'm not exactly seeing that much of a difference in salary from TNA Knockout to WWE Diva at all... average is maybe 20,000 more a year which in the long run.... is pretty worthless considering the scheduling differences. So unless WWE offered her what would be "an obscene" amount of money for a Diva JUST to jab TNA with one of those "we can buy who ever we want" from you deals... I highly doubt the pay is worth the extra hundred matches a year. I dunno.... just scanning them... the pay difference sure as heck doesn't accomadate the extra workload.

[QUOTE=Ransik;488801]I'm not exactly seeing that much of a difference in salary from TNA Knockout to WWE Diva at all... average is maybe 20,000 more a year which in the long run.... is pretty worthless considering the scheduling differences. So unless WWE offered her what would be "an obscene" amount of money for a Diva JUST to jab TNA with one of those "we can buy who ever we want" from you deals... I highly doubt the pay is worth the extra hundred matches a year. I dunno.... just scanning them... the pay difference sure as heck doesn't accomadate the extra workload.[/QUOTE] Well, considering Gail herself said that the E offered her 3 times more then what she was making in TNA... I would assume it's more then just an extra 20,000 a year. And it's not so much of a jab move like the Bret Hart signing was to WCW (They did nothing with him) it's more of a "we want to improve our womens division so were signing one of the best national female workers" TNA isn't on the E's radar yet and I doubt they would be making spite hirings just yet. On a different note, I think people forget that TNA fans were crying JUST like this when Mickie James was signed away and they all thought she was gunna be underused. 5 or so years later she's the face of the RAW womens division.

[QUOTE=Ransik;488801]I dunno.... just scanning them... the pay difference sure as heck doesn't accomadate the extra workload.[/QUOTE] :confused: Coming from someone who "loves" wrestling and would do it for free. ...and $20,000 more per annum isn't much? Christ... try supporting a family on my wage, sunshine. You'll learn the worth of 11k (English terms)! [QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;488827]On a different note, I think people forget that TNA fans were crying JUST like this when Mickie James was signed away and they all thought she was gunna be underused. 5 or so years later she's the face of the RAW womens division.[/QUOTE] True and, dare I say it, Mickie James has been a far bigger draw in WWE than Alexis Larre ever was in TNA! Quote The Raven Nevermore

I don't really buy this higher workload argument. Sure, she will be working more dates and it may work out as less per match. But you can only quantify that if Gail Kim could make the same on the independent scene. She would need to increase her bookings to make the type of cash WWE is offering, and since she didn't, you would have to assume she couldn't.

[QUOTE=Ransik;488801]I'm not exactly seeing that much of a difference in salary from TNA Knockout to WWE Diva at all... average is maybe 20,000 more a year which in the long run.... is pretty worthless considering the scheduling differences. So unless WWE offered her what would be "an obscene" amount of money for a Diva JUST to jab TNA with one of those "we can buy who ever we want" from you deals... I highly doubt the pay is worth the extra hundred matches a year. I dunno.... just scanning them... the pay difference sure as heck doesn't accomadate the extra workload.[/QUOTE] Top 3 WWE Female Performers: Trish Stratus $618,000 Victoria $275,000 Lita $286,000 (mostly downside only due to injury) Top 3 TNA Female Performers: Christy Hemme $157,000 Gail Kim $105,000 Awesome Kong/Roxxi $90,000 I'm bloody glad you aren't my accountant. I'd be screwed every which way but north. Oh, and as far as your 'average' figure goes, either you only briefly scanned it and really then shouldn't have commented on it, or you fibbed it to make your view seem better... the WWE average per female quoted is $185,167, for the TNA average per female, $86,500. Try more like $100,000 difference per year, not $20,000 per year, and let me tell you if I was offered on average $100,000 to work elsewhere plus the opportunity to get exposure on higher grossing programs for merchandising, I damn well know where I'd be heading.

[QUOTE=BIGJOSH;488920]Where'd those numbers come from Tristram...I believe you...I'm just curious where they came from.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=mike b;488521]ok i also found this on the net on TNA wrestlers salaries. [url]http://www.wrestlingforum.com/total-nonstop-action-wrestling/408637-tna-salaries.html[/url] Since were talking about gail leaving for more money in the WWE[/QUOTE] That's were the info is.

Archived