SWF: Generation Supreme

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks guys. It was pretty fun to write, so I hope it was fun to read. I was hoping the final segment would come across as epic. That was the intent. A Sports Entertainment "holy sh*t!" moment, if you will. I do have some pretty big plans for McFly. He should be fun to book and to write. I didn't really "need" to add more talent, but how can you pass him up? It will be interesting to see how NOTBPW does not that I've taken McFly and Bloodstone... After getting A* shows on the past two PPVs, I got a bit over-confident that I had "figured out" how to book PPVs for SWF. Good to see I wasn't completely full of it. That C+ segment with the Keith boys does stick out a bit, but I figured it was a good way to introduce them and build some interest. Glad you picked up on the Rick-Roll, G-Prime. I threw it in there for kicks but half figured it would just get overlooked.

[QUOTE=ampulator;634825]Great catch on Sean McFly. What about Dan Stone Jr. and Jeremy Stone? I could so see Dan Stone Jr. turning against Sean McFly as part of a storyline.[/QUOTE] Both Dan and Jeremy are under contract for awhile yet. I would sign either or both if they come up. Both at once would be great, as they would make a great tag team. Either one would work individually, as I think they would slot in well onto the Legends brand. They wouldn't get the same kind of treatment that McFly is in for, because they lack the history and the overness.

*Nods* Have to love the Survivor [I]Note to self: Consider adding music to diary...[/I] Great show all round. Was McFly Vibert's surprise, or did I miss something else in there? Loved Money's sneakiness, and on the previous show, loved Train and Eisen booting around the jobbers. With regard to the shortened writeups, they still come across well - the odd bit fully written where you feel the need/inspiration is a good idea, too. Edit: And all these recent discussions on booking and roster cuts have to make for a Random Thoughts segment, I hope :p

Great addition with McFly! Ever SWF game I've ever played has been centered around the hope that I could, one day, bring McFly home to the land of supreme. ha. Looking forward to what you do with him from here on out.... He can easily be the "Bret Hart of the SWF".

[QUOTE=James Casey;635126]*Nods* Have to love the Survivor [I]Note to [B]self[/B]: Consider adding music to diary...[/I] Great show all round. Was McFly Vibert's surprise, or did I miss something else in there? Loved Money's sneakiness, and on the previous show, loved Train and Eisen booting around the jobbers. With regard to the shortened writeups, they still come across well - the odd bit fully written where you feel the need/inspiration is a good idea, too. Edit: And all these recent discussions on booking and roster cuts have to make for a Random Thoughts segment, I hope :p[/QUOTE] I would send that to him via PM :p

[QUOTE=FINisher;635041]Wow. Awesome show. :) I have a very similar thing coming up in my diary but it's seven shows away, darn it. I'll use music in it also, to make it feel like a big event. [B]Cool to see McFly back in SWF.[/B][/QUOTE] Why thank you :p

[QUOTE=FINisher;635041]Wow. Awesome show. :) I have a very similar thing coming up in my diary but it's seven shows away, darn it. I'll use music in it also, to make it feel like a big event. Cool to see McFly back in SWF.[/QUOTE] Thanks. As a writer, I don't think you can do the "oh my god, this is a big moment" introductions very often. If you have one every two shows, they lose the big feel. But for every once in awhile, its definitely worth it. And I think McFly is worth it. Plus, it was fun. And another plus is that it upstaged Money's big moment. [QUOTE=SeanMcFly;635118]That was one amazing show Bigpapa42, can't believe McFly is back in SWF, it's gonna make a bunch of better match-ups in SWF for maybe 5 years or more[/QUOTE] Even without great Entertainment skills, McFly is an amazing talent. I'm hoping I can get those skills up a bit of his. But I do have some fun plans in place for him over the next while... So I'm glad he's back... or you're back...? [QUOTE=James Casey;635126]*Nods* Have to love the Survivor [I]Note to self: Consider adding music to diary...[/I] Great show all round. Was McFly Vibert's surprise, or did I miss something else in there? Loved Money's sneakiness, and on the previous show, loved Train and Eisen booting around the jobbers. With regard to the shortened writeups, they still come across well - the odd bit fully written where you feel the need/inspiration is a good idea, too. Edit: And all these recent discussions on booking and roster cuts have to make for a Random Thoughts segment, I hope :p[/QUOTE] Adding music can add something. Personally, I find it allows me to imagine things easier. When I was writing the McFly segment, I had a much easier typing picturing the whole deal once I had the music picked. It just pulls things together I find. And I do think only adding music for really specific segments will be more effective than when I added it for everyone - now, people might actually get in the habit of clicking the music as they read, to let the music add to the experience. I will admit that picking the music for McFly was a chore. I always end up putting some serious thought into the music I select for a given worker. And I put in a lot of thought on this one. It had to be signature music, something he would have used back in his first SWF run. Just to name a few songs that got some serious consideration - Bon Jovi's "Blaze of Glory", Nirvana's "Smells like Teen Spirit", Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir", Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion" or "Come Together", Black Crow's "Hard to Handle", Def Leppard's "Let's Get Rocked", Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone", Europe's "The Final Countdown", Scorpoin's "Rock You Like a Hurricane", Metallica's "Enter Sandman" or "Stone Cold Crazy", House of Pain's "Shamrocks and Shenanigans", INXS' "New Sensation", Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Free Bird", Motley Crue's "Kickstart My Heart", Pearl Jam's "Even Flow", Skid Row's "Youth Gone Wild", Stevie Ray Vaugn's "Live By the Drop", U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name", and The Who's "Baba O'Reilly", plus a few others I can't think of right now. I think I picked the right one... Plus, this choice gave me a nickname for Mr. McFly... Its going to get addressed in the next couple of shows, but yeah, McFly is Vibert's surprise. Part of the reason I included the Keith's boys in there was to tease that they were the surprise. I keep saying that Money is so fun to write. I never really intended him to be the focus as much as it is, but he's become my key character, I think. I would like to get him to a point where he rivals J Silver's Divinity as a CV classic heel character. I have a notebook page full of little ideas I've come up with for Money. And this whole deception wasn't on that list - I came up with it when doing some reading on Professor Nero. I'm actually working on a Random Thoughts at the moment, which should be posted before long. I do have one - more than one, really - coming up on the roster cutbacks.

[QUOTE=Eisen-verse;635129]Great addition with McFly! Ever SWF game I've ever played has been centered around the hope that I could, one day, bring McFly home to the land of supreme. ha. Looking forward to what you do with him from here on out....[B] He can easily be the "Bret Hart of the SWF"[/B].[/QUOTE] Thanks. And ironically, Bret Hart is much the idea I had for McFly, in part because I'm reading Hart's book right now.

Good ol' Nero. Yeah, music can occasionally be a pain. I've got a separate document that just lists the music for everyone active on my Philly Pro roster, and from time to time I still need to refer to it to check. I also spend a large chunk of time trawling bibliographies to be sure the song was out there in 1998.

[FONT="Arial"][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/Avatars/Small/AvatarSmall.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [quote]Random thought of the day… when you are trying to build new legends, it can be helpful to look at how the old legends came out about... In the business of professional wrestling, legacies are important. How are the fans going to look back on a career once its over? Are they going to remember anything at all? There are certain names that carry a genuine mystique for the fans long after the in-ring career of the given worker is over. Names like Master Kitozon, Sam Strong, Elemental, Rip Chord, Dan Stone, El Patron, Sadaharu Jimbo, Dread, Luis Montero, and even Richard Eisen. Loved or hated, they are names that are known by the fans in their given areas of the world. Around the whole world for a few of those names. There are plenty of still-active workers who are on their way to having that kind of legacy. Sam Keith, Christian Faith, Bruce the Giant, Tommy Cornell, Yoshimi Mushashibo, Tadiyuki Kikkawa and Dan Stone Jr are all well on their way. I could see Rich Money joining that list before too long, if he continues to draw heat from the fans the way he has been. I have learned that there is another kind of legacy, one where recognition comes less from the fans and more from within the industry. That isn't to say that the fans don't recognize those names all, but simply that it takes an innate knowledge of the business to truly appreciate their contributions. The very definition of that is Professor Nero, who's innovate sadism still influences many in the industry. Names like Wild Man Sullivan, Ed Henson, Nemesis, Chief Two Eagles, and even my friend Phil Vibert fall into that category. Amusingly, Robbie's throwback T-shirts are bringing some of those names back to the younger fans, but the true level of respect and appreciation that is deserved is never likely to be there from the average fan. What is quite rare is that worker who is truly beloved by the fans, yet even more respected by insiders for what they've given. In fact, I can really only think of one name on that list - Sean McFly. The reaction from the crowd at the Manhattan National Center was massive when McFly walked out last night. It shouldn't be surprising, as he is a two-time SWF World Heavyweight champion and was part of what many fans look back upon as a golden age for the promotion. Its not as if Eisen has allowed fans to forget McFly, either, as his name, face, and work have been featured plenty in releases by Supreme Video. But the fact is that the man has been working outside of the SWF for nearly a decade. Outside the United States. Its been forever since the Stone family ran a show in the United States, and I don't think they been on TV here for along while either. Yet the pop was huge. I cannot think of anyone who would elicit that kind of reaction after being away that long, probably not even Sam Strong or Tommy Cornell. What surprised me, though, was the reaction backstage after the show. I expected the workers to be in high spirits, as we knew we were putting on another great show. But the attitude was something closer to giddy joy after the final segment. Big tough men reacted like hyper school children when they found out Sean McFly was back. Even some of the guys who should have been upset that McFly was here to take a top spot that one of them couldn't have been happier. I was happy to see that. I was also happy to see that everyone was surprised. The shock on Jack Bruce's bloodied face when the music hit and then McFly walked out was genuine. He didn't know. Rich Money did, but he was one of the only ones. The genuine surprise made me happy. It told me that we had been successful in keeping it quiet. The only worker who didn't seem surprised was Johnny Bloodstone, which I attribute to his strong connects to the Stone family. He likely had heard from them that McFly was leaving, with Supreme being the most logical destination. Johnny is a bit tough to read, so he also could have been unhappy that McFly is here, but I hope that isn't the case. The information obviously leaked outside the promotion somehow, but we were lucky that it doesn't seem to have gone further the Grey Dog Wrestling website. The smark elitism worked in our favor, in seems. How ironic. As I wandered around the backstage area post-show, enjoying congratulations and basking in the joy that everyone seemed to feel at that moment, I couldn't help think about Sean McFly's legacy. Even if he accomplishes nothing in this run with Supreme - and that's not likely - he will go down as a true legend. Both to the fans and to the insiders. In some ways, its almost unlikely that McFly got over the way he did in the Supreme Wrestling Federation. He is an amazing talent, and he was from a very young age. But he doesn't have the natural charisma that so many Supreme Legends have had. In fact, he's pretty lacking in that regard. He's not that good on a microphone, either. The charisma that McFly does possess is a much more subtle, "he seems like good guy" feeling you get from, but that is far more difficult to get across the crowd. McFly manages it, though. Really, it was what he could in the ring that got him over. What made him the youngest ever SWF World Heavyweight champion. That allowed him to make such a lasting impression that many fans were just waiting for him to come back to them. The SWF fans even love him for leaving them and leaving behind an offer of the biggest contract in professional wrestling history, as he left for the greatest reason of all - love. I've come to learn that within the industry, the respect for McFly goes even deeper. Its more than endless talent and obvious integrity. Its a deep love and respect for the business that McFly constant displays. In an industry where established stars often become overtly protective of the lucrative top spots as they get nearer the end of their careers, McFly has always helped out the younger guys. He understood that helping develop the skills of those around him would make him look better, too, and helps the business as a whole. He does the little things, like making a lesser opponent look dangerous to help them get over, even if they don't win. Many insiders feel that both Johnny Bloodstone and Dark Angel got over so much with the Canadian fans because of the work they did with McFly and how dangerous he made them look. Being married to the Head Booker of North of the Border Pro Wrestling put McFly in a perfect position to put his own best interests forward, but its something that he never took advantage of. There is another aspect to Sean McFly and his talent that many people overlook, even those within the business. Its actually an idea that will cause arguments when you bring it up to knowledgable individuals, but there are those who feel that McFly was largely responsible for actually changing the Supreme Wrestling Federation. I never gave this theory much credit when I first heard it, but I've gradually been swayed over time. Consider that through the early part of the 1990s, the SWF was still primary sticking to The Formula. Now, some will tell you that The Formula is just the basic idea of Sports Entertainment. Others define it as a particular style of Sports Entertainment. The safest version, really. The matches are very friendly to mainstream TV as they tend to be short, slower-moving, low-impact, and not particularly violent. The storylines are basic, sometimes to the point of being cartoonish - the idea is that everything is understandable even by children. The characters are the same – simple gimmicks with clear delineations between good and bad. Turns were rare. The standard storyline of the heroic babyface overcoming the monster heel despite the odds was used over and over again, to great effect. The reality is that Supreme Wrestling Federation was built using The Formula. It reached massive heights during the 1980s because of Sam Strong and The Formula. However, The Formula is also why the SWF is disliked by many fans. The reasons are endless - the basic storylines bore them, the simple matches don't excite them, or maybe the basic characters don't engage them. In the early 1990s, the SWF starting moving away from The Formula gradually. Not away from Sports Entertainment, but simply towards a more mature version of Sports Entertainment. The storylines and characters evolved somewhat. What really evolved was the product in the ring. Are those who credit McFly as being the primary catalyst for that in-ring change correct? Well, the truth I was just a kid at that point so I'm relying on other for the information. But given that this particular opinion has been given to me by a number of knowledge insiders makes me give it a fair degree of credit. Obviously Sean McFly was not the first technically-proficient wrestler to grace the SWF ring. Rip Chord was a great all-around talent in his day, though he rarely got to display to the full extent of his abilities in the SWF. Guys like Sam Strong, Micky Starr, Dread, Bruce the Giant, and even Christian Faith are all great in their own way, but while they understand the psychology to tell a good story in the ring, they don't have the technical skills to offer a truly great pure wrestling match. The 1990s saw an influx of guys who could, and who helped push the SWF product. There was Sam Keith, of course, and his incredible style in the ring. Mr. Supreme was a gifted all-around talent. Even John Campbell - aka Nemesis - as even though he is best known for his skills brawling, the man had a unique way to make even the most basic wrestling move seem more violent. And even though his SWF career never amounted to too much, there was even Tommy Cornell for a time. However, it is McFly who is often given the most credit. From what I've heard, McFly was recognized as a unique talent very early in his career, which lead him to being signed up and pushed hard by the SWF. A great athlete, McFly could - and can - work any style in the ring. He can do it all. He's not the only great all-around wrestler out there, but he manages to present it in a fairly unique manner. The way he combines everything and slides between styles is something that no one else does the same. And then there is his psychology... There are many workers in this business who know how to tell a good story, but few can tell so many different stories. Or who know exactly what story will draw a given audience in on a given night against a given opponent. McFly is rarely wrong in that regard. With his willingness to help any opponent look credible, McFly can draw a very good match out of almost everyone. Hell, he could probably get a 5-star match out of Big Smack Scott! Way before he won the SWF World Heavyweight championship in late 1995, SWF management apparently realized that McFly was something different for them. A truly unique talent. They realized that restricting him to The Formula could limit his impact severely. McFly wasn't going to get over with the fans on the strength of his look or his promos. They weren't going to love him for some gimmick. The fans were going to love him for what he could do in the ring. They would love the stories he would tell them, the cat-like grace he displayed in the ring, and the tenacious deermination he always carried. And the fans did love him, as what apparent from his earliest matches. So gradually, the Supreme Wrestling Federation began to open up what the workers could do in the ring. Its not as if The Formula disappeared - it evolved somewhat. Supreme wasn't suddenly run by the Stone family. You still had Bruce the Giant mashing no-name opponents in short squash matches, but that was countered with guys like McFly and Keith getting to work matches of 15 or 20 minutes, just on TV, let alone on pay per view events. In terms of in-ring quality, the period from late 1994 to the start of 1997 is seen as a golden period for the Supreme Wrestling Federation. That period produced more A* and 5-star rated matches than the entire prior years of the promotion combined. The peak was the May 1996 championship match between Sam Keith and Sean McFly, which many rate as the finest technical match ever to take place in an SWF ring. Everything changed in February of 1997, when John Campbell decided to take advantage of the freedom he was given in the ring to put on an epic and bloody brawl on live TV with the young Tommy Cornell. Many in Supreme have never forgiven Nemesis for that, though I say that he was just doing what the other workers were doing - taking advantage of some freedom to show what they could do. The difference was that Nemesis specialized in blood and violence. The fallout was major, far beyond, Campbell being fired and Cornell being buried and then eventually released. Everyone knows the story - to appease the irritate sponsors, Eisen pulled the SWF back into the safe shell of The Formula. The fast-paced, longer and more technical matches were gone. In were bigger slower workers like Jim Force, Captain USA, and Blackhat Bailey. The irony of all of that is the circle that came around eventually. Campbell went to Danger and Violence Extreme, helping to establish Vibert's promotion as a true independent marvel and eventually America's number three wrestling promotion. Though DaVE offered far more than just the hardcore style that it became famed for, the promotion will forever be remembered most for taking that approach mainstream. Which eventually meant that even the Supreme Wrestling Federation was doing hardcore matches. The circle of the wrestling business. I've met Sean McFly several times now. He's a great guy. I can't honestly say I know why he left the Supreme Wrestling Federation before the millenium, however. I've never asked him. I would like to some time, but at this point, all I have is conjecture. The commonly-accepted story is that McFly turned waited until his SWF contract was up and then moved up north so that he could be with his fiancee (and future wife) and work in her family's promotion. The lure of wrestling with and against the Stone boys had to be a significant motivating factor, especially given the limitations in the SWF ring at that point. I've heard that McFly was very disappointed with the SWF going so conservative and that likely played a major role in him deciding to move on, though he was enough of a loyal company man that he didn't rock the boat. Despite a contract offer on the table from Eisen, one of that would have made McFly the highest-paid wrestling in the world, he walked away. There is also a second version of the McFly departure story I've heard, but I've never had confirmed. Its been tempting to ask Richard, Jerry, or Peter about it but I've always held off. That story is that the supposed "massive" contract offer that the Supreme Wrestling Federation made to McFly, which he turned down to join NOTBPW, may not have been that massive. It was no doubt lucrative and long-term, but not the richest contract in professional wrestling history. It may have also had some clauses and catches that McFly would have found less than desirable. The reason behind that, accord to this version, is that Richard Eisen hoped that McFly would reject the contract. I know, my first reaction to the idea that Richard Eisen wanted to lose one of his biggest stars and best workers seemed pretty illogical to me as well. The associated logic is fairly simple, though - Eisen will not allow a worker to become bigger than the promotion. He views the Supreme Wrestling Federation itself as the real star of the show, not the guys in the ring drawing the cheers and the jeers. Only two workers have hit that level with the promotion - Sam Strong and Christian Faith. The popularity of Strong was built much at the same time the popularity of the SWF itself, yet Eisen was willing to let Strong walk away in 1994 when he was aging but still very popular. Faith is a unique situation, due to his close friendship with the owner and being absolutely loyal - Eisen knows that Faith would never do anything to harm the promotion. Eisen never wants to have any worker in a position where their popularity with the fans gives them a significant leverage advantage over the promotion. To the point where the worker could demand unique concessions - lighter travel schedules, unique pay packet, even possibly creative control. It wasn't just Strong - guys like Rip Chord, Dread, Bruce the Giant, and Sean McFly were all allowed to walk away while they were still on top, relatively speaking. Not that Supreme could have prevented it in every case, but the effort made was minimal. Instead, the focus was put on creating new stars, which the SWF has done time after time. So why did Eisen allow the story perpetuate that it was all McFly's choice? Because having a superstar leave your promotion for love looks a lot better than having him pushed out the door by a wary owner. If he had stayed with the SWF, would McFly have hit the heights of popularity of Sam Strong in his heyday? Would hey have really broken through into mainstream popular culture as Strong did? That's questionable, as McFly lacks the natural charisma of Strong, or even of Faith. He would have exceeded Faith's four SWF World Heavyweight championship reigns, I expect. He would likely be one of the most popular performers that Supreme had ever seen, just based on his wrestling skills. So yes, I could see that he may have been become powerful due to fan support, to the point where he could leverage the promotion. Would he have done so? I don't see that in his personality, but you can never be certain. I mused over all of this as I wandered through the backstage area, listening to some of the workers talk about the matches that night. Talk about which match was the best, whether any would get the much-desired A* grade from the wrestling writers. That conversation soon turned to what everyone else was talking about - McFly. Enough with the history lesson. Regardless of how or why he walked away from Supreme, the simply fact is that Sean McFly is back. The "American Tiger" is back home with the Supreme Wrestling Federation. Thursday, Week 2, September 2008 Avatar[/quote] [/FONT]

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;635156]Thanks. As a writer, I don't think you can do the "oh my god, this is a big moment" introductions very often. If you have one every two shows, they lose the big feel. But for every once in awhile, its definitely worth it. And I think McFly is worth it. Plus, it was fun. And another plus is that it upstaged Money's big moment. Even without great Entertainment skills, McFly is an amazing talent. I'm hoping I can get those skills up a bit of his. But I do have some fun plans in place for him over the next while... [B]So I'm glad he's back... or you're back...?[/B] Adding music can add something. Personally, I find it allows me to imagine things easier. When I was writing the McFly segment, I had a much easier typing picturing the whole deal once I had the music picked. It just pulls things together I find. And I do think only adding music for really specific segments will be more effective than when I added it for everyone - now, people might actually get in the habit of clicking the music as they read, to let the music add to the experience. I will admit that picking the music for McFly was a chore. I always end up putting some serious thought into the music I select for a given worker. And I put in a lot of thought on this one. It had to be signature music, something he would have used back in his first SWF run. Just to name a few songs that got some serious consideration - Bon Jovi's "Blaze of Glory", Nirvana's "Smells like Teen Spirit", Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir", Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion" or "Come Together", Black Crow's "Hard to Handle", Def Leppard's "Let's Get Rocked", Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone", Europe's "The Final Countdown", Scorpoin's "Rock You Like a Hurricane", Metallica's "Enter Sandman" or "Stone Cold Crazy", House of Pain's "Shamrocks and Shenanigans", INXS' "New Sensation", Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Free Bird", Motley Crue's "Kickstart My Heart", Pearl Jam's "Even Flow", Skid Row's "Youth Gone Wild", Stevie Ray Vaugn's "Live By the Drop", U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name", and The Who's "Baba O'Reilly", plus a few others I can't think of right now. I think I picked the right one... Plus, this choice gave me a nickname for Mr. McFly... Its going to get addressed in the next couple of shows, but yeah, McFly is Vibert's surprise. Part of the reason I included the Keith's boys in there was to tease that they were the surprise. I keep saying that Money is so fun to write. I never really intended him to be the focus as much as it is, but he's become my key character, I think. I would like to get him to a point where he rivals J Silver's Divinity as a CV classic heel character. I have a notebook page full of little ideas I've come up with for Money. And this whole deception wasn't on that list - I came up with it when doing some reading on Professor Nero. I'm actually working on a Random Thoughts at the moment, which should be posted before long. I do have one - more than one, really - coming up on the roster cutbacks.[/QUOTE] lol

[QUOTE=FINisher;635160]Does [B]"Tiger's Eye" McFly[/B] rhyme in your ears? It does in mine! ^^[/QUOTE] Well, that does work. And rhymes. But I'm going with "The American Tiger". Figure that it would fit - great athleticism would lead to "cat-like grace" in the ring. Plus, its a bit of a play against The American Dragon... [QUOTE=Phantom Stranger;635161]Good ol' Nero. Yeah, music can occasionally be a pain. I've got a separate document that just lists the music for everyone active on my Philly Pro roster, and from time to time I still need to refer to it to check. I also spend a large chunk of time trawling bibliographies to be sure the song was out there in 1998.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I have a document I try to keep up to date with music, too. Its a pain, but as I've said, I really do feel the music adds something when you're writing, at least. Keeping everything in the correct period must be a monster pain. I've only run into that a couple of times, but its annoying. Having to do it for every piece of music... ouch... The emulation of Nero by Money is something I meant to focus more on for awhile, and it just keeps getting away from me.

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;635188]Well, that does work. And rhymes. But I'm going with "The American Tiger". Figure that it would fit - great athleticism would lead to "cat-like grace" in the ring. Plus, its a bit of a play against The American Dragon... Yeah, I have a document I try to keep up to date with music, too. Its a pain, but as I've said, I really do feel the music adds something when you're writing, at least. Keeping everything in the correct period must be a monster pain. I've only run into that a couple of times, but its annoying. Having to do it for every piece of music... ouch... The emulation of Nero by Money is something I meant to focus more on for awhile, and it just keeps getting away from me.[/QUOTE] I agree with music being both a great addition for not only a diary, but just for yourself (the writer/author) when finding someone's character. And up until recently (naming by RPW diary) I did the same thing with music, trying to make sure it was up to date. Still now I try to do this, but if I find something that really fits, I'm using it. I don't care, it's really not that important.

I love seeing what music diary writers pick for their characters. Shame I have a terrible taste in music, or I'd do it myself. Good show, although when you're already getting A* shows, do you really NEED Sean McFly? :) When it comes to the shortened write-ups, personally I liked the amount of detail you had before, but would have preferred you do less segments. I like dialogue. Good stuff as always.

[QUOTE=Self;635197]I love seeing what music diary writers pick for their characters. Shame I have a terrible taste in music, or I'd do it myself. Good show, although when you're already getting A* shows, do you really NEED Sean McFly? :) When it comes to the shortened write-ups, personally I liked the amount of detail you had before, but would have preferred you do less segments. I like dialogue. Good stuff as always.[/QUOTE] Well, need is such a relative term. While I am getting A* pay per views, I still have yet to book an A* show for TV. Plus, I have a pronounced dearth of A* matches at this point. Plus, I'm greedy. I've always tried to pick music that somehow worked with the character I was trying to portray. There were a few cases of "ah, here's a song, whatever", but I tried to avoid that. I'm actually surprised that no one ever noted that my Avatar's entrance music was "Sabotage" by The Beastie Boys...

My problem is my lack of knowledge of actual songs. I know that I'd give my version of Johnny Bloodstone some Death Metal to go with his boundless rage. but I know sod all about Death Metal, and when I tried to listen to some I... well... it wasn't a fun time. And nobody needs A* TV. I mean, if I was seeing A* matches and awesome promos on RAW every week, there'd be no point in watching the PPVs. Make 'em pay for the good stuff. That's my motto.

Archived