SWF: Generation Supreme

[B]Steve Frehley[/B] vs Troy Tornado [I]Frehley has all the momentum going into this one[/I] Bart Biggz vs [B]Acid[/B] for the SWF Shooting Star Championship [I]One of these things is not like the other...[/I] The New Wave vs [B]The Silverbacks[/B] [I]I hesitate to call this a sleeper, but on a card this stacked, it could be the 'suprise' hit[/I] Marc DuBois vs [B]Chris Morrisette[/B] [I]Beginnings of the future/past feud?[/I] [B]Big Cat Brandon[/B] vs Payne [I]Hell of a match - and I could see Payne sneaking the win, but BCB again has momentum on his side[/I] [B]Rocky Golden[/B] vs Angry Gilmore [I]Cheaply, but it's the right choice[/I] Dan Stone Jr vs [B]Bloodstone[/B] for the [color=B]SWF Legends Championship[/b] [I]Bloodstone retains - somehow[/I] Sean Deeley vs Randy Bumfhole vs Ace Newton vs [B]Antonio Marquez[/B] for the SWF North American Championship [I]Gen-S could steal the show... but as a multi-man match, I suspect a B+ or thereabouts[/I] Pistol Pete Hall vs [B]Remo[/B] [I]This show is stacked, huh? Remo to continue Oozing Badass with the win[/I] [B]Jack Bruce[/B] vs Sean McFly in a No Disqualification Match [I]Never thought I'd see a diary where McFly was a starmaker so quickly, but Bruce has the edge here, and a win would catapult him back to the top[/I] [B]Christian Faith[/B] vs Rich Money [I]Can't see this feud going on beyond this show [U]yet[/U] - so Faith to get a win seems the right way to go[/I]

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]Steve Frehley[/B] vs Troy Tornado - Can't really see Troy winning here, since Frehley has all the momentum, Troy hasn't had a lot to do lately, and the only way Frehley is losing this is if Diaz interferes, but he's just turned heel himself. [B]Bart Biggz[/B] vs Acid for the SWF Shooting Star Championship - Biggz just beat Morgan, Acid just lost to PPH... would make Morgan look even worse if Acid beat Biggz here. The New Wave vs [b]The Silverbacks[/b] - Just a hunch. I reckon Golden has something to do with this, and he's proven... resourceful... in the past. [B]Marc DuBois[/B] vs Chris Morrisette - Recently, it's hard to Remember Today, let alone tomorrow. DuBois needs to do something. Here's his chance. Big Cat Brandon vs [b]Payne[/b] - Payne's in the doghouse for his attack on Eisen. Cat's don't like doghouses, not even Big Cat's. Plus, I can't help feeling Vengeance will surface here, bitter about what Eisen did to him and siding with the guy that took him out. Rocky Golden vs [b]Angry Gilmore[/b] - Mainly because I'm predicting the other main inter-brand match (not counting Hall/Remo) to go the other way. [B]Dan Stone Jr[/B] vs Bloodstone - Because he's unbeaten so far, and it's about time we had a new champion. Plus it'd piss Rocky Golden off, which is always good. Sean Deeley vs Randy Bumfhole vs Ace Newton vs [B]Antonio Marquez[/B] - I've predicted both other titles on the line to change hands, and there's no real storyline here, so I'm going with Marquez to retain. Pistol Pete Hall vs [B]Remo[/B] - Just further reversing the main event, really. Ok, so it's a blatant guess. [B]Jack Bruce[/B] vs Sean McFly in a No Disqualification Match - No DQ favours the heel every time, and McFly has no real reason to win. This is Bruce's first real match as a heel, so he's going over. [B]Christian Faith[/B] vs Rich Money - Money quite simply HAS to lose this match. It's non-title, Faith has all the incentive in the world, and it would give Money that little chink in his armour that, try as he might, he'll never be able to ignore. Plus, with Faith on Legends, instating a cross-brand PPV limit would mean Money'd have to wait months to get his revenge.

Hey, it's a PPV! Time to do some predictions... Steve Frehley vs [B]Troy Tornado[/B] [I]I'm gonna go with Tornado, Frehley just turned and you want to show him with a wild streak compared to softer side before...getting DQ'ed after a vicious attack seems about right. Besides, it's no fun to pick the same as everyone else.[/I] Bart Biggz vs [B]Acid[/B] for the SWF Shooting Star Championship [I]You've given Biggz some air time recently but I still don't think he can win the belt.[/I] [B]The New Wave[/B] vs The Silverbacks [I]I'm really not sure about this one, a win for either team wouldn't surprise me.[/I] Marc DuBois vs [B]Chris Morrisette[/B] [I]Even though DuBois seems to have a regular place in the show, Morrisette still seems to high up the card because every time I see him, he's with the biggest face in the company, Faith. Maybe I'm overvaluing him, but Lobster Man wins.[/I] [B]Big Cat Brandon[/B] vs Payne [I]Not a fan of Payne, hopefully Big Cat pulls it out.[/I] [B]Rocky Golden[/B] vs Angry Gilmore [I]Ehh, another tough one. I'm going to go with Golden mainly because he has more of a personality and a presence on the shows than Gilmore does. [/I] Dan Stone Jr vs [B]Bloodstone[/B] for the SWF Legends Championship [I]I guess Stone could win it. The title just seems like it does more for Bloodstone than it would for Stone.[/I] Sean Deeley vs Randy Bumfhole vs Ace Newton vs [B]Antonio Marquez[/B] for the SWF North American Championship [I]Ace might be the most over in this match, but Marquez has done well with the belt and I don't feel like it needs to be taken off of him. [/I] Pistol Pete Hall vs [B]Remo[/B] [I]Hall seems to be a staple in the main event scene, but he loses to people like Remo.[/I] Jack Bruce vs [B]Sean McFly[/B] in a No Disqualification Match [I]Everybody seems to be set on a Bruce/Faith victory. I'll go the other way with McFly, showing why he's so dominate. This way you can book him in another World Title Main Event which is guaranteed to score well.[/I] Christian Faith vs [B]Rich Money[/B] [I]Faith is probably the only person I could pick to go over Money, but Money seems to be your favorite character and giving him a victory over the biggest legend in the company at the end of the year seems fitting.[/I]

[B]Steve Frehley[/B] vs Troy Tornado [I]Frehley sounded pretty confident, looks like you're about to pull the trigger on a mega-push.[/I] Bart Biggz vs [B]Acid[/B] for the SWF Shooting Star Championship [I]Bart can stick to tagging for now.[/I] The New Wave vs [B]The Silverbacks[/B] [I]Because they're slightly more awesome than their opponents.[/I] [B]Marc DuBois[/B] vs Chris Morrisette [I]Every game I play tells me Chris Morrisette is nearing retirement, so I'll go with the young blood here.[/I] Big Cat Brandon vs [B]Payne[/B] [I]Because he's awesome.[/I] [B]Rocky Golden[/B] vs Angry Gilmore [I]Because Golden vs Faith would be awesome (and Faith/Stone vs Golden/Bloodstone would be beyond awesome.[/I] [B]Dan Stone Jr[/B] vs Bloodstone for the SWF Legends Championship [I]Which pisses Bloodstone off, and intensifies the feud. Also, the above-mentioned tag match...[/I] Sean Deeley vs Randy Bumfhole vs [B]Ace Newton[/B] vs Antonio Marquez for the SWF North American Championship [I]It's about time Ace got a real title.[/I] [B]Pistol Pete Hall[/B] vs Remo [I]I'm a PPH mark.[/I] Jack Bruce vs [B]Sean McFly[/B] in a No Disqualification Match [I]To make Bruce angry.[/I] [B]Christian Faith[/B] vs Rich Money [I]For the feel-good win. And to legitimise the Legends brand (and Supreme Championship)[/I]

[B]Steve Frehley[/B] vs Troy Tornado Bart Biggz vs [B]Acid[/B] for the SWF Shooting Star Championship The New Wave vs [B]The Silverbacks[/B] [B]Marc DuBois[/B] vs Chris Morrisette [B]Big Cat Brandon[/B] vs Payne [B]Rocky Golden[/B] vs Angry Gilmore [B]Dan Stone Jr[/B] vs Bloodstone for the SWF Legends Championship- By DQ Bloodstone keeps championship Sean Deeley vs Randy Bumfhole vs Ace Newton vs [B]Antonio Marquez[/B] for the SWF North American Championship Pistol Pete Hall vs [B]Remo[/B] [B]Jack Bruce[/B] vs Sean McFly in a No Disqualification Match [B]Christian Faith[/B] vs Rich Money

[b]Steve Frehley[/b] vs Troy Tornado - Frehley just turned heel. Tornado's sort of just floating. Bart Biggz vs [b]Acid[/b] for the SWF Shooting Star Championship - Acid is the face of the Shooting Star division at this point. Bart Biggz is JTTS extraordinaire. [b]The New Wave[/b] vs The Silverbacks - DQ Finish. [b]Marc DuBois[/b] vs Chris Morrisette - Morrisette is on the slow push down as DuBois is about to move into the spotlight. Big Cat Brandon vs [b]Payne[/b] - Payne needs to keep his push up until Eisen returns to get revenge. Brandon's just tuned face so he can take a loss. [b]Rocky Golden[/b] vs Angry Gilmore - By massive cheatery. [b]Dan Stone Jr[/b] vs Bloodstone for the [color=B]SWF Legends Championship[/b] - As everybody else said, it's time for Bloodstone to drop the belt and Stone's a worthy guy to drop it too. Sean Deeley vs Randy Bumfhole vs [b]Ace Newton[/b] vs Antonio Marquez for the SWF North American Championship - DOUBLE GOLD~! Pistol Pete Hall vs [b]Remo[/b] - Hall's the old warrior, Remo's the guy on the rise to the top. Jack Bruce vs [b]Sean McFly[/b] in a No Disqualification Match - The slow burn to Money/McFly II continues. Also, it can setup a final showdown between Bruce & McFly next week. [b]Christian Faith[/b] vs Rich Money - Rick Money has to lose this match. For in-game storyline reasons, Money has to have a chip to fall off the marble of his unstoppable run.

[CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=6]TEW.com - The Supreme View[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Media/TheSupremeView.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/CENTER] [FONT=Arial] [CENTER][B]Thursday Week 3 December, 2008[/B][/CENTER] [quote][B]A.N. Marshall[/B] is one of the foremost wrestler journalists in the business and perhaps the most respected critic of the Supreme Wrestling Federation in the world. Having covered the world's biggest wrestling promotion for years, Marshall has unequaled insider connections, which makes him privy to information that can't be found anywhere else. His highly-respected [B]The Supreme View[/B] column is available only totalextremewrestling.com. Marshall is a regular forum contributor on the exclusive Grey Dog Wrestling forums.[/quote][CENTER]__________________[/CENTER] [quote] [B]Supreme TV[/B] Grandmaster Jerry? Imagine that showing up at your bachelor party, and the women he'd bring with him. Actually, he might bring Hannah Potter, so more power to him, I say. Eisen's promo makes it sound like there could be a cross-brand war brewing, which would be interesting - justification for the cross brand matches, at least. Of course, the problem with that sort of thing is that the brands aren't rival teams. It's all SWF, and even if you support Christian Faith against Rich Money, or Troy Tornado againt Rocky Golden, well, you'll support Pete Hall against Casey Valentine or whatever. I'm open to convincing, but it's the sort of thing that doesn't exactly ring true to me. Still, a feud between Eisen and Tyler could be interesting, and as a way of getting some of the undercard talent involved (anyone seen Giant Tana recently?) it has potential. It's a tricky balance, though - undersell a brand war by making it the province of openers and midcarders, and no-one will care. Oversell it by throwing all the big guys in, and it takes over the company, making the titles a secondary issue. If it were me, I'd focus on the inevitable Youth/Experience feud, beginning with snipey comments, sporadic matches with indecisive finishes and escalate it slowly, over a period of several months, until we get to July and the culmination of the war at The Supreme Challenge - but that's me. Today's poll: How would you build a SWF brand war? Bumfholes/Silverbacks warmed my heart. Clever tactics on the part of the 'backs, and the announce team were right on it. An equally good tag match between the Deuces and New Wave. Okay, a lot of that was Guide and Scout, still, that's two matches of late where the Four Kings have been involved in a decent effort, so maybe Gen-S Beta have a future too... In the punch, kick match, Payne went over Blood in a match that helped emphasise that Blood (and Chains) are good brawlers. Didn't do a great deal for Payne ahead of his match, of course, but what can you do? More Gen-S Alpha shenanigans - and this ahead of DuBois/Morrisette at the Clash. Hmmm... A decent opener for Colossus. Anyone remember him from DaVE? Seems like the kid's grown up - heck, even his cardio looked decent. Jack Bruce on the mic = money.Not Money - he's not that good... but close. Still, Showtourage? And to cap it all, a classic main event and a post-match angle that lays a lot of ground, considering how little time was used. That's good economic booking, and if you have an Ash Campbell mach on your show, you need to maximize the time you have left. [B]Legends[/B] In case you didn't hear, Christian Faith has been talking about the head. The explanation kinda makes sense so I can live with it - even someone like Faith has an ego, clearly. So, 'if' Frehley beats Tornado... What happens if Tornado beats Faith? Sometimes SWF makes things too obvious. Okay, that can be part of the fun of the show, but if Tornado had something on the line (like, say, no.1 contender to the World title?) then there'd be more suspense... So, the Golden Faction get two wins this week? Wow - I think that be a first. Bart Biggz had a match, apparently. Even with the rather wonderful JD Morgan across the ring, I blanked on this until reviewing the tape. Was I abducted by aliens? Or is just the usual torpor that accompanies a Biggz match. A friendly tip to Bart and Brett: When you leave SWF, USPW will hire you. You'll get a big push, win lots of gold, and be treated like stars. Think about it... The Lords of Pure have thrown out a challenge to anyone to face them. You know, if they'd been champs for a while, that'd be the cue for some debuting team to come in and make an impression. As it is, this is rep-building - and possibly an excuse to switch things up a little and actually get the crowd interested in tag matches on Legends. Shame that Tokyo Express etc. couldn't manage that themselves, but what can you do? Well, for a start you could make it so Jett Stream don't lose to Tex & Rex. Or is that just me? Hey, look, Akima Brave! I guess the rumors of Samoa declaring war on SWF, resulting in a withdrawal of forces from the federation, are off the mark. I could see Akima/Tana vs. the LOP in a match. It's be a car wreck, but sometimes you need that. The Not-Vibert Alliance (Really!) has picked up Dan Stone Jr. I'm waiting to see what DSJ can really do - it's clear we've not seen the best of him yet, although Bryan Holmes was a pretty damn good choice for this week's show. Acid/Pete Hall kinda explains why people don't take the Sky Club workers seriously. As good a worker as both are, this was just booked wrong from bell to bell - why the hell was Acid getting into a fistfight with Hall? It just made him look inferior to Hall, and when he eventually tried for his kicks and aerial attacks, it was with the air of someone going for the last resort, not their strongest assets. As goes Frehley, so goes Diaz. It's interesting that SWF have chosen to hitch Diaz' star to Frehley's... More so that Diaz seems to be seen as a prospect. I wouldn't have given a red cent for his chances when he signed, but he's growing on me, no question. A tight main event to finish, although I'd love to know when the last tag loss Newton had with Remo and/or Money was where he didn't take the loss. [B]Christmas Clash predictions[/B] [B][U]Steve Frehley[/U][/B] vs Troy Tornado See above for my reasons on this one - Frehley's on fire right now, while Tornado is second banana to Sean McFly at a time when that doesn't mean as much as it otherwise might Bart Biggz vs [B][U]Acid [/U][/B]for the SWF Shooting Star Championship Acid to treat Biggz and his new attitude with all the disrespect it deserves The New Wave vs [B][U]The Silverbacks[/U][/B] This is a feud that could have legs, and even if we did see it done to death in TCW last year, I can live with a re-run here and now [B][U]Marc DuBois[/U][/B] vs Chris Morrisette As good a way as any of kick-starting the Gen-S/Legends feud Big Cat Brandon vs [B][U]Payne[/U][/B] Although Brandon is hot after his turn/gimmick change, I can see Payne going over because of the Eisen association Rocky Golden vs [B][U]Angry Gilmore[/U][/B] As much as I enjoy Rocky's work, Gilmore going over is the better choice here [B][U]Dan Stone Jr[/U][/B] vs Bloodstone for the SWF Legends Championship I can see Bloodstone retaining here, but via Faction interference leading to a DQ - and that won't sit well with Bloodstone... Sean Deeley vs Randy Bumfhole vs [B][U]Ace Newton[/U][/B] vs Antonio Marquez for the SWF North American Championship I'd almost say throw a dice - but the idea of Newton as a double champion is irresistible, for all sorts of reasons. Pistol Pete Hall vs [B][U]Remo[/U][/B] You can make a case for the wiley veteran, but heaven knows that Remo is just in waiting for his ascension to the top of the card. Another dominant showing for the badass should see those split murmurs increase in volume. [B][U]Jack Bruce[/U][/B] vs Sean McFly in a No Disqualification Match After a white-hot start, McFly has cooled a little in SWF, and this will be another match he loses. Still, McFly makes careers and losing this one isn't exactly a sign of the impending apocalypse or anything. [B][U]Christian Faith[/U][/B] vs Rich Money If you have to have a feud about a statue head - among other things, I'll concede - then let's make it a short one. [CENTER][B]A.N. Marshall[/B] [B]The Supreme View[/B][/CENTER] [/quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Media/TotalExtremeWrestlingLogo.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [/FONT]

[B]Steve Frehley[/B] vs Troy Tornado [I]Frehley has the momentum behind him. Troy doesn't - and Troy is unlikely to need it until Creative has more for him.[/I] Bart Biggz vs [B]Acid[/B] for the SWF Shooting Star Championship [I]Acid keeps his gold a while longer. Honestly, Bart barely registers on my rader at the moment.[/I] The New Wave vs [B]The Silverbacks[/b] What promotion am I watching again? It's PPV, so the Silverbacks need to concentrate on winning one here, and the New Wave don't have much going for them while Team Gilmore is in the doldrums. Marc DuBois vs [B]Chris Morrisette [/B][I]Tomorrow, DuBois may know what it takes to be Chris Rockwell.[/I] [B]Big Cat Brandon[/B] vs Payne [I]One guy cares whether he wins or not. One guy just turned face. And that takes the promise of a reward when doing it loses you Emma Chase.[/I] Rocky Golden vs [B]Angry Gilmore[/B] [I]Much as Team Gilmore are treading water, Rocky Golden's schtick is being relatively inept compared to his mouth. I think Eisen's keeping him down due to his TCW heritage, personally.[/I] [B]Dan Stone Jr[/B] vs Bloodstone for the SWF Legends Championship [I]What promotion am I watching again? Stone's being built with a winning streak, and the possibility of it ending hasn't yet been directly addressed. So it won't end.[/I] Sean Deeley vs Randy Bumfhole vs [B]Ace Newton[/B] vs Antonio Marquez for the SWF North American Championship [I]Deeley has gold, R-Bum has a tag team, and Newton's ready to move up - so Marquez loses it here.[/I] Pistol Pete Hall vs [B]Remo[/B] [I]Pete Hall has been awesome for you, but his place here is to give the younger guy the rub.[/I] [B]Jack Bruce[/B] vs Sean McFly in a No Disqualification Match [I]McFly gets reason to keep chasing Bruce while Money moves on to a new challenger.[/I] [B]Christian Faith[/B] vs Rich Money [I]It's Christmas. There needs to be a reason to prune Money back a little after his total occupation of the SWF this past month. It's a feud over a statue head. A loss to Faith makes Money seem beatable again without actually giving the man who beat him a chance to chase the title. Take your pick of any of these reasons.[/I]

I typically try to avoid doing a "last call for predictions". But I'm doing one here. Its one of the bigger shows I've done, I think. The show is close to being finished. And will likely be up Tuesday morning, or Tuesday evening by the latest. So there is still some time to get some predictions in.

[COLOR=black][B]Steve Frehley[/B] vs Troy Tornado Bart Biggz vs [B]Acid[/B] for the [B]SWF Shooting Star Championship[/B] The New Wave vs [B]The Silverbacks[/B] Marc DuBois vs [B]Chris Morrisette[/B] [B]Big Cat Brandon[/B] vs Payne Rocky Golden vs [B]Angry Gilmore[/B] Dan Stone Jr vs [B]Bloodstone[/B] for the SWF Legends Championship - [I]Barely, just barely[/I] Sean Deeley vs Randy Bumfhole vs [B]Ace Newton[/B] vs Antonio Marquez for the SWF North American Championship Pistol Pete Hall vs [B]Remo [/B]Jack Bruce vs [B]Sean McFly[/B] in aNo Disqualification Match Christian Faith vs [B]Rich Money[/B] [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]11 matches? Man, I get tired after 7 on WWE PPVs :) [/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial][CENTER][SIZE=6]SWF Christmas Clash 2008[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Logos/PPV/SWF/ChristmasClash.jpg[/IMG] [B]Thursday, Week 2, December 2008 Greenwalt Dome (Tri State) – 38,403[/B] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [SIZE=4]Announcers[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small/PeterMichaelsSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small/DuaneFrySmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small/PhilVibertSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Peter Michaels - Duane Fry - Phil Vibert[/B] ________________________________________ [/CENTER] [B]Peter Michaels[/B]: Welcome to SWF Christmas Clash 2008! I'm Peter Michaels, and with me tonight to wish you a very merry Christmas are Duane Fry and Phil Vibert. [B]Duane Fry[/B]: I have to say it – I think we're in for a Christmas barn-stormer tonight! [B]Phil Vibert[/B]: How original, Duane. [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Alt%20Small/RichMoneyalt8Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ChristianFaithSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/RemoAlt2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed/SeanMcFlySmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/RockyGoldenSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/SteveFrehley_Alt2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Alt%20Small/JackBruceAlt6Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/AngryGilmoreSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Rich Money, Christian Faith, Remo, Sean McFly, Rocky Golden, Steve Frehley, Jack Bruce + Angry Gilmore Opening Video[/B] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] [I]Nearly forty thousand roaring fans do a pretty effective job of drowning out the music on the pay per view intro video. Rather than loud hard rock, its fairly soft – the cover version of “Mad World” by Gary Jules. The video itself is an interesting contrast – alternating between playful and intense. It flashes a series of short clips of groups of SWF stars dressed up and playing in the snow for Christmas photo shoots. These clips between slow motion clips of events of the feuds that have lead up to the major matches tonight. Its not a long video, as its not a long song, but its pretty effective and it has a suitably Christmas feel without resorting to seasonal music. [/I] [B][CENTER]Grade: A[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][B]Phil Vibert[/B]: A mad world, indeed. [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/TroyTornadoAltSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/SteveFrehley_Alt2Small.jpg[/IMG] [B]Troy Tornado vs Steve Frehley[/B][/CENTER] Everyone knows that Troy Tornado doesn't have a chance in this one against the unleashed Steve Frehley. Except someone apparently forgot to tell Tornado that, as he battles throughout and never stops fighting. The aggressive and powerful style of the Dark Destroyer controls much of the action, throughout the match. Frehley overwhelms Tornado early, pounding on the middleweight and tossing him about with a big series of suplexes and back drops. It looks like it might the be short match that some expect, but Tornado kicks out of the pin attempt. Frehley is like a stalking predator, determined and hungry. Tornado finally finds some room to breathe, and despite having taken a beating so far, he begins to mount some offense of his own. The crowd immediately gets behind the comeback, cheering Tornado on. The middleweight is smart enough to realize that trying to brawl Frehley is a losing end-game, so he attacks The Dark Destroyer with quickness and aerial attacks. It appears to be working for a short bit, with the match evening out a bit. The damage that Tornado inflicts on Frehley does little to slow the big man down much, however. Tornado goes up on the turnbuckles several times to try aerial attacks, but it backfires. Frehley catches Tornado trying a flying cross body block off the top rope, spinning him down into a nasty whip slam. Then he follows that up with a big spinebuster. The final five minutes of match are Frehley smashing Tornado with a big power move after big power move, but Tornado just won't stay down. He kicks out of one pin attempt, then another. Then a third. Frehley will not relent – suplex, then backbreaker, then a face slam, and another pin attempt. The crowd pops every time Tornado manages to find the strength left to kick out. Frehley should be getting frustrated, but he simply remains angry and tenacious, as he has been from the start. After the third kick out, Frehley retreats to a corner, resting in a crouched position. Tornado slowly peels himself off the mat and gets to his feet, wobbly but determined. He gets an epic Dark Destroyer Speak for his efforts. After that, there is no kick out. After the win, Frehley does no celebrating but he gets booed regardless. Tornado gets a big pop from the crowd when he makes it to his feet and makes it to the back without assistance. [B][CENTER]Steve Frehley Wins at 16:24 via Pinfall Grade: A[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][B]Duane Fry[/B]: Uh, yeah, I'd say that Steve Frehley is back! [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Alt%20Small/BartBiggzAlt4Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed/AcidSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Belts/SWF/Alts/Mid/SWF_Shooting_Star_altMid.jpg[/IMG] [B]Bart Biggz vs Acid SWF Shooting Star Championship Match[/B][/CENTER] After the series of close pinfalls in the opening match gets the crowd revved up, this one brings them back down a bit. While the high-flying opponents are more than capable of telling a story and building a match, this one is put together more as a series of spots. It allows the crowd time to cool down between moments to pop for. Biggz shows a single-minded determination throughout the match, mirroring the reckless risk-taking that Acid is noted for. It goes back and forth, with the champion grabbing the advantage in the late going. The challenger is forced to pass the Acidity Test, worming his way out of Acid's submission finisher by getting to the ropes. A short time later, the champion goes for his Acid Rain Bomb Swan Dive Senton Bomb... but Biggz gets out the way. He hits his Biggz Up fame dropper, but Acid kicks out. So Biggz goes up to the top turnbuckle to unveil his new finisher, a big Shooting Star Press that Fry immediately dubs The Biggz Show. It puts the champion down for the the three count. The crowd pops decently for the title change, and Bart drops his knees in the middle of the ring when he's handed the SWF Shooting Star Championship... at which point, Acid delivers a vicious kick to the back before walking out, title-less. [B][CENTER]Bart Biggz Wins at 11:33 via Pinfall Grade: B[/center][/B] [/quote] [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/HumanArsenalalt4Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/BrentHillalt4Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/GuideSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ScoutSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]The Silverbacks vs The New Wave[/B][/CENTER] The two talented tag teams get the time and freedom to work a proper match, and the result is as good of tag team action as the SWF has seen in recent years. Both teams look good. The early going is all New Wave, as Guide and Scout show off their perfect tandem timing and smooth teamwork with some great double action, plus great quick tag work as well. The fans love it, but it doesn't. Mr. Anderson and Mr. Hill work pretty well together as well, and they have no aversion to using dirty tactics. The Silverback pair manage to cut off Scout, isolating him and doing an effective job of beating him down. Its a very standard formula, but the two talented teams do it well and it works. Scout takes a hellacious beating, getting worked over in every way. He kicks out of one pin attempt and Guide saves him on another. He makes the tag twice with referee Shane Stones failing to see it, and comes close several other times. The fans erupt when Guide is finally tagged in. He immediately climbs to the top turnbuckle and drops a big missile drop kick on Hill, then knocks Anderson off the apron with a big forearm. But the match is far from over. The battle goes back and forth, each team trying to gain some advantage. The action slows as the two teams wear each other down, as it turns grittier and evolves into more of an outright brawl. Stones starts to lose control, with all four men battling in the ring at one time. Then Hill and Scout spill out of the ring, managing to get both Sara Silver and Jessie involved, with Jessie dropped the agent with a big right hand to the delight of the crowd. That is followed almost immediately by Guide hitting using his Guided Missile northern lights bomb on Mr. Anderson and getting the pinfall, just a breath before Mr. Hill gets in there to try to break up the pin. The New Wave and Jessie celebrate, but Sara Silver and her Silverbacks remain at ringside, not looking too happy. This feud seems to be far from over just yet... [B][CENTER]Guide Wins at 16:43 via Pinfall Grade: A[/CENTER] [/B][/quote] [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ChrisMorrisetteSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/MarcDuBoisAltSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Chris Morrisette vs Marc DuBois[/B][/CENTER] This one is a pretty good match that goes back and forth throughout. The opponents are quite familiar with each other, and it shows with some perfectly-timed exchanges and counter sequences in the early going of the match. The pair keeping things moving through the match, going for continual action rather than a series of near falls. It slows near the ten minute mark, as the exchanges begin to take their toll on both men. The end sequence comes quite quickly, as its something of a screwjob. Morrisette lands his Lobster Trap Fisherman's suplex on his young opponent, but DuBois manages to get out of the ring before Morrisette can go for a pin attempt. The 21-year old Canadian stalls for time outside the ring. Clearly annoyed, Morrisette hollers at DuBois and has to be backed off by referee Jay Fair, who admonishes the veteran. DuBois uses the distraction to come back in from the opposite side of the ring and he clips Morrisette on the back of the knee. He works over the joint for just a few moments, before managing to get Morrisette in his Model Solution inverted sleeper. Morrisette struggles, but DuBois uses his leverage and positioning well. DuBois hollers for the ref to check Morrisette, who clearly doesn't allow his arm to drop after the first check. Moments later, DuBois demands another check. This time, its the third check before Morrisette holds it up, but he then makes a mistake. Trying to get to the ropes, Morrisette pushes forward. Poorly positioned, referee Jay Fair is knocked down, and DuBois takes advantage. He immediately began shouting that the arm dropped. Fair climbs back to his feet, looking confused and unsure. DuBois continues to hold onto Morrisette and continues to shout his claims. Fair buys it, calling for the bell. DuBois releases Morrisette and begins to celebrate, and the veteran immediately tries to continue battling. The ref stops him and explains, while DuBois celebrates his “victory”. Morrisette is incensed, but several minutes of arguing do not change the ref's decision. [B][CENTER]Marc DuBois Wins at 12:31 via Submission Grade: B[/CENTER] [/B] [/quote][B]Peter Michaels[/B]: How can DuBois be proud of that kind of victory? [B]Phil Vibert[/B]: Cheap or not, the kid is smart. [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/TysonBainealt15Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Alt%20Small/BigCatBrandonalt21Small.jpg[/IMG] [B]Payne vs Big Cat Brandon[/B][/CENTER] This one is a big, heavy-handed brawl that never really leaves the center of the ring. The two men engage in a stare down before the match starts, and then slowly circle before engaging. There is no technical grappling here – just two big monsters throwing big shot after big shot. They disengage after a few moments, the crowd screaming for more. Payne lets out a mighty roar at his face-painted opponent, but Big Cat isn't about to intimated and answers back with a roar of his own. Then the two are back at it, hammering each other with big shots. There is a sequence of shoulder blocks, where never man budges. There is another long stare down... and then everything stops... There is a collective gasp from the crowd. A huge figure in a hooded black cloak has made their way down the ramp and stands at the base of the ramp, staring at the two men in the ring. It could be only one man... [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Alt%20Small/SkullDeBonesalt6Small.jpg[/IMG] [B]Vengeance[/B][/CENTER] The Harbinger reveals himself with a violent flourish, flinging back the hood of the cloak and then shrugging off the cloak entirely. Rather than his shiny chromed mask he was wearing before his disappearance, Vengeance is wearing a gleaming blood red mask with the distinct shape of a skull in the pain. The crowd boos. Referee Darren Smith orders Vengeance away from ringside, but he does the opposite, climbing into the ring. He completely ignores Payne, focusing entire on the Big Cat. The two stare each other down, familiar foes from another age and another promotion. When Vengeance gives Big Cat a mighty shove, Smith has no choice but to call the match. [B][CENTER]Big Cat Brandon Wins at 9:21 via Disqualification Grade: B+[/CENTER] [/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Alt%20Small/BigCatBrandonalt21Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Alt%20Small/SkullDeBonesalt6Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/TysonBainealt15Small.jpg[/IMG] [B]Big Cat Brandon, Vengeance + Payne[/B][/CENTER] [I]After the bell rings, Big Cat Brandon shoves back, but referee Smith tries to separate the two before it escalates. The pair stare at each other hard, neither backing down. The intensity is palpable. In the background, ignored and forgotten, Payne roars at the scene as Adrian Garcia tries to get the big man out of the ring and away from the potential carnage that is about to erupt. But the situation doesn't escalate. Smith, no more than 170 pounds of determination, somehow manges to push Vengeance back away from the Big Cat. He does shoved the masked Harbinger into the ropes, until Vengeance takes the hint and climbs out of the ring. That leaves Brandon in the ring by himself, the victor but unable to celebrate. Vengeance moves away slowly, his smoldering eyes never leaving Big Cat. As the monster is on the ramp, Garcia leads his own monster past and for a brief moment, it seems as the two masked giants will decide to fight each other, but Garcia is able to pull Payne away. When both Payne and Vengeance have finally disappeared, Big Cat finally raises one arm in celebration, getting a big pop from the loving crowd.[/I] [B]Grade: A*[/B] [/quote][B]Duane Fry[/B]: Vengeance is back! Vengeance is back! Oh my lord, Vengeance is back! [B]Peter Michaels[/B]: Does that mean Vengeance is The Forsaken? [B]Phil Vibert[/B]: Goddammit! [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/AngryGilmoreSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/RockyGoldenSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Angry Gilmore vs Rocky Golden[/B][/CENTER] “The Golden Boy” doesn't even wait for the match to start before he begins to inflict damage, as he knocks Gilmore from the ring apron and then uses a chair to attack the Supreme brand star. As the match has yet to begin, Golden can't be disqualified. When referee Jay Fair calls for the bell, Golden takes it back into the ring but he damage is done. The big youngster dominates the early going, and seems massively overconfident as he doesn't try to finish the job as quickly as he could. He finally does go for a pin, but Gilmore kicks out. The match starts to turn as Gilmore battles back. Golden loses the confident smirk as he finds himself easily out wrestled by the immensely popular middleweight. What he lacks in actual skill, Golden makes up for with dirty tricks, as he unleashes them endlessly. At ringside for her husband, Jessie just makes things worse for Angry as she keeps yelling at referee Fair about some dirty trick or other than Golden just pulled, which just gives the big youngster more opportunity to try something else. Gilmore starts to get... you guess it, angry. His demeanor changes. He doesn't go to his bag of dirty tricks, which is deep indeed, but starts to counter everything that Golden tries. Realizing he's in trouble, Golden heads out of the ring to stall for time. He confers with Pearce. When he slides back in, Gilmore dominates, so the process is repeated. Golden is nearly counted out three times, the crowd gleefully counting along with Jay Fair as Golden mocks them. When he finally slides back into the ring and into the waiting clutches of Gilmore, the fans realize that its only a matter of time. Gilmore controls his bigger opponent, countering everything perfectly. The crowd roars, jumping in pitch as Gilmore first hits his Sky High Set Up and holds the 345-pounder up for a good long time, then hits the Sky High Elbow, and finally finishes Golden off with an Anger Management. The crowd erupts when Gilmore gets the pin. [B][CENTER]Angry Gilmore Wins at 17:04 via Pinfall Grade: A[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][B]Peter Michaels[/B]: Notch another one for the Supreme brand. [B]Duane Fry[/B]: Wait, no one told me we were keeping score. What? No one told me! [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed/DanStoneJrSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/JohnnyBloodstoneSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Belts/SWF/Mid/SWFLegendsChampionshipMid.jpg[/IMG] [B]Dan Stone Jr vs Bloodstone SWF Legends Championship Match[/B][/CENTER] The old adversaries start the match by slowly circling. They engage slowly, in short spurts, before disengaging and circling some more. The crowd ratchets up a notch each time. It is several minutes into the match before the champion and challenger finally engage fully, and the crowd is desperate for it by that point. There is a great sequence of top caliber mat wrestling, with plenty of technical counters as both men show off their prodigious skills. The pace and intensity gradually ratchet up, and the match is fairly even through the first half. The champion begins to show frustration that he can't maintain any advantage for very long before Stone steals it back. Past the ten minute mark, the frustration becomes obvious and Bloodstone turns to using underhand tactics to take the advantage and maintain it. It takes shouted encouragement from Kristen Pearce, but Bloodstone decides to use the likes of eye gouges and low blows to gain an advantage over Stone, which his skills alone won't allow him to do. Bloodstone then gets to unleash the submissions that are his true forte. He tries a couple different holds, but the challenger continually finds a way out. The champion goes for his Bloodstone Mutilation and Stone looks to be in some trouble, but the 36-year old Canadian manages to twist himself and grab hold of Bloodstone's ankle, torquing it just enough to force the release. Pearce again advises the champion to go the route of cheap shots, but he doesn't this time. Its a bad choice, as Stone switches gears to a more brawling approach and he begins to take over the match. The champion looks like a rag doll in a big series of back drops and suplexes. Stone finally thrills the crowd as he locks in his Stone Ankle Stretch and just before he looks to actually break the ankle of Bloodstone, the champion taps out. [B][CENTER]Dan Stone Jr Wins at 19:04 via Submission Grade: A[/CENTER] [/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed/DanStoneJrSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/JohnnyBloodstoneSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ChristianFaithSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ChrisMorrisetteSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Alt%20Small/BigCatBrandonalt21Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ChrisCaulfieldSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed/SeanMcFlySmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/AngryGilmoreSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Dan Stone Jr, Bloodstone, Christian Faith, Chris Morrisette, Big Cat Brandon, Chris Caufield, Sean McFly + Angry Gilmore Post-Match Celebration[/B][/CENTER] [I]Being handed the SWF Legends championship belt, Dan Stone Jr doesn't celebrate. He helps Bloodstone to his feet, and extends his hand. There is a tense moment as the now-former champion decides whether or not to accept it. With Kristen Pearce screaming at ringside for him not to, and the fans screaming their encouragement, Bloodstone finally shakes the hand. Bloodstone then exists the ring, to be chastised by Pearce. The legendary Stone then stops and looks at his newly won belt, grinning broadly. With a flourish, he holds the belt aloft as the fans sound off on their appreciation. The crowd reaction gets a bit louder as Christian Faith emerges through the Supreme Gate. But the SWF Supreme Champion isn't alone. He is joined by his fellow Alliance members Chris Morrisette, Chris Caufield, and Big Cat Brandon. Even mores, its not just Legends brand stars who emerge, as Sean McFly and Angry Gilmore also walk out. The group stands on the stage and applauds the Lord of the Ring. The Canadian champion acknowledges the group with a bit of a bow and the crowd reaction remains strong. They love the show of respect by some of the biggest names in the Supreme Wrestling Federation. [/I] [B][CENTER]Grade: A[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][B]Duane Fry[/B]: What a show of respect! [B]Peter Michaels[/B]: The man deserves it. [B]Phil Vibert[/B]: Five and oh. [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ShooterSeanDeeleyAltSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/RandyBumfholeSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/AceNewtonSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/ChampagneLoveralt4Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Belts/SWF/Mid/SWFNorthAmericanSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Sean Deeley vs Randy Bumfhole vs Ace Newton vs Antonio Marquez SWF North American Championship Match[/B][/CENTER] Nothing like a four-way to make for a sloppy but fun match. That is exactly what this one makes for – the action is all over the place, but its constant. All four young men have their moments, and everyone looks good at times. There isn't so much of a story to the match – its really just the four Generation Supreme stars going all out for the second most prestigious title on their brand. There are no close finishes in the early going, and things slow down a bit in the late going. Randy B fairly much takes himself out of the match when he dives over the top rope onto Newton and Marquez outside the ring, but takes the security barrier in the back. The first near-finish is moments later, as Marquez makes it back into the ring and tries to go for his Champagne Breakfast submission hold on Deeley, who counters into his own Sure Shot arm bar. Its tight and the champion looks like he'll have to tap... but Newton intervenes, booting Deeley hard in the back to the force the release. A short time later, Deeley and Newton are brawling outside the ring. The Generations champion goes for his Aces High Go-2-Sleep, but Deeley counters with an attempt at his Shooting Flowison, but he can't get it either, with Newton worming his way back to his feet and then managing to make the Aces High work. Deeley sells the big knee hard. Then back inside the ring, an exhausted Marquez and an opportunistic Newton battle. The champion is flagging, and Newton takes advantage, hitting another Go-2-Sleep and then going for the pin. A wrecked Randy Bumfhole tries desperately to intervene, diving across the ring, but its too late. Referee Darren Smith counts out the three and Ace Newton becomes a dual-champion. [CENTER][B]Ace Newton Wins at 13:04 via Pinfall Grade: B[/B][/CENTER] [/quote] [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/RemoAlt2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed/PistolPeteHallSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Remo vs Pistol Pete Hall[/B][/CENTER] This one is a sprint, an intense brawl from the opening bell. The two men don't let up or back down. Nearly half the age of the veteran cowboy, Remo uses his athleticism and power to gain an early advantage. The fans love it, screaming intensely for Pistol Pete to take it. There are suplexes and back drops galore, vicious hard hits that look stiff as can be. By the middle of the match, Remo is controlling the action and pressing his bigger opponent. Hall battles back, managing to lay into Remo with a big series of lariats. Pistol Pete gives the signal, and then lays out Remo with his Pistol Whip Lariat. But the Alpha Dog pops back up, the first in the SWF to take the full brunt of Hall's notorious lariat and keep going. After a Remo Buster spine buster that shakes the ring, a Destroyer looks to have finished Pistol Pete off. But he kicks out. It takes a second one to put the big cowboy down for the three count. After the match, the defeated cowboy offers the Alpha Dog his hand. Remo hesitates for only a moment before taking it. [B][CENTER]Remo Wins at 12:43 via Pinfall Grade: A[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][B]Duane Fry[/B]: Now that was a brawl! [quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/RandyBumfholeSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ZimmyBumfholeSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/MarcDuBoisAltSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/StevenParkerSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/JayChordSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/DarrylDevineAlt1Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/JossThompsonAltSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ShooterSeanDeeleyAltSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Managers/HannahPotterSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/GregGaugealt8Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/MatthewGaugealt1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Managers%20Alt/MickyStarr_alt3Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/ChampagneLoveralt4Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/GinoMonteroalt11Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed/KirkJamesonSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/SwoopMcCarthySmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Managers/JenNeptuneSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Managers/KathyNeptuneSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Randy Bumfhole, Zimmy Bumfhole, Marc DuBois, Steven Parker, Jay Chord + Darryl Devine Joss Thompson, Sean Deeley, Hannah Potter, Greg Keith, Matthew Keith + Micky Starr Antonio Marquez, Gino Montero, Kirk Jameson, Swoop McCarthy, Jen Neptune + Kathy Neptune In-Ring Segment[/B][/CENTER] [I]The Bumfhole brothers emerge through the Supreme Gate, their arrival announced by their music. Randy Bumfhole looks a bit wrecked still from his match for the North American title. The brothers from Florida make their way down to the ring and climb in, grabbing a microphone but simply waiting. Then the Remember Tomorrow trio emerge, guided down to the ring by DuBois' music. They climb into the ring as well. There are careful nods between DuBois, Parker, Chord, and the two Bumfholes. The now-five-some still wait. It becomes six as Darryl Devine makes his way down to the ring. He climbs into the ring and sits on atop a turnbuckle, away from the rest of the group. Next out are the SWF World Tag Team champions, Badd Kompany. They are escorted by Hannah Potter and wear their SWF World Tag Team championships around their waists, with Deeley also looking battered from the match he was just involved in. They join the growing contingent in the ring. Darryl Devine stares sullenly at Hannah Potter, who simply ignores her ex-boyfriend. The Keith Factor are lead out by Micky Starr. The sons of the legend Sam Keith get a pretty decent reaction from the crowd, despite not having accomplished much in the SWF. Yet. The revolutionary duo of Antonio Marquez and Gino Montero make their way out. Now without the SWF North American championship belt that belongs to Ace Newton, Marquez shows the obvious effects of his earlier match. Finally, the lovely Neptune twins lead out Team Neptune - Swoop McCarthy and Kirk Jameson. They join the crowd in the ring, a mass of Generation Supreme stars. Only Micky Starr is over the age of 30, with several of the workers being under the age of 20. It is the future of the Supreme Wrestling Federation, gathered together in the ring at once. It is only Ace Newton and the Four Kings who are conspicuous in their absence. Interestingly, it is Randy Bumfhole who takes charge. [/I] [B]Randy Bumfhole[/B]: The young men you see gathered before you here tonight in this ring are Generation Supreme. We are the future. Not just of this promotion, but of this business. And starting today, we are not just the future of the Supreme Wrestling Federation, dude... We are the present as well. [I]By this point, several of the 18 gathered in the group have microphones. [/I] [B]Marc DuBois[/B]: Almost exactly three years ago, Zimmy, Randy and I were part of the class of talent introduced into the SWF. At that point, we were broneought in as the future. But can only be "the future" for so long. [B]Zimmy Bumfhole[/B]: One year ago, the Supreme Wrestling Federation decided to "formalize their future" by creating Generation Supreme. Everyone here in this ring is part of what they call "Generation Supreme". [B]Darryl Devine[/B]: After these three, they brought the rest of us in through the past year to complete Generation Supreme. The most talented young men in this business. The best and the brightest. The future. [B]Sean Deeley[/B]: You cannot doubt our talent. You cannot deny our desire. You cannot hold back our intensity. [B]Antonio Marquez[/B]: Gino and me, we started a revolution because we were disrespected, ese. We decided to change the Supreme Wrestling Federation. Now comes the chance to change not just the SWF, but the whole business. To make the future now, homes. [B]Randy Bumfhole[/B]: We're tried of being called “kids”. [B]Zimmy Bumfhole[/B]: We're tired of being dismissed by those who don't have half the talent we do. [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B]: We're tired of being told we're just filler and time killer. [B]Marc DuBois[/B]: We're tired of being told we haven't earned our way yet. [B]Darryl Devine[/B]: We're tired of being held back. [I]There is a pause as that is allowed to sink in. [/I] [B]Randy Bumfhole[/B]: So this, tonight, is a reckoning. It is not a warning. Its a declaration of war. We are two weeks away from the start of 2009. The year of Generation Supreme. The year of the kids. From here, we're taking over. [B]Greg and Matthew Keith (in unison)[/B]: No more being told we're too young. [B]Joss Thompson[/B]: No more being told we don't have enough experience. [B]Jay Chord[/B]: No more being told that we're only here because of our pedigree. [B]Marc DuBois[/B]: No more being told we haven't put our time in. [B]Darryl Devine[/B]: No more being held down by those scared to lose their spots at the top. [B]Antonio Marquez[/B]: The fires of the revolution of youth are lit, ese. All you old men at the top, you played with fire. Now you get burned. [I]There is another pause. [/I] [B]Randy Bumfhole[/B]: From this point, Generation Supreme are united. We have common cause. The future is united. And the future is now. The war starts here. [I] The crowd erupts at the final statement. There mob in the ring doesn't disperse immediately, but take a moment to congratulate each other first. “Another Brick in the Wall Part II” by Pink Floyd begins to play, half-drowned out by the still-loud crowd. Notably, Randy B walks up to Antonio Marquez and Sean Deeley and the trio – who just contested the SWF North American championship with the absent Ace Newton – shake hands. Then the group begins to head out of the ring. It takes time – they play to the crowd and glad-hand the fans on the way out. [/I] [B][CENTER]Grade: A[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][B]Peter Michaels[/B]: War. We are now at war. [B]Phil Vibert[/B]: Officially? [B]Peter Michaels[/B]: Apparently. [B]Duane Fry[/B]: Glad I'm on the other brand. [B]Phil Vibert[/B]: Don't be so sure. [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Alt%20Small/JackBruceAlt6Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed/SeanMcFlySmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Jack Bruce vs Sean McFly No Disqualification Match[/B][/CENTER] The crowd is hot for this one. The feud hasn't been built as much as between Faith and Money, but Jack Bruce has generated a ton of heat in the past month and he's genuinely despised by the fans now. McFly, of course, is beloved. The Long Island Angel is escorted down to the ring only by Joanne Rodriguez, who stays at ringside and takes a seat rather than standing like a manager. The action doesn't take long to get hot, as the two move quickly from the opening bell. It is quick exchanges and plenty of aerial attacks. The two middleweights move quickly, the kind of fast-paced action that would be at home in a super junior match in Japan. They pull it off well, the crowd loving every moment. The match isn't so much about the story the pair tell, but that everything is made to look big and is sold hard. Neither wrestler can take control of the early action and the fact that its no disqualification counts for nothing in the early going. The match moves into a brawl, and the pace slows a bit. The American Tiger looks to hold an edge, but that changes when Jack Bruce throws him hard into the ring steps. That's followed up by a head-to-ringpost blow that leaves McFly cut and bleeding. The Angel batters the Tiger outside the ring, but McFly kicks out of the pin attempt back inside the ring. Bruce goes up to the top turnbuckle for a big splash, but misses. Its McFly's turn to control the match, and he shows off the diversity of skills that makes him so dangerous. The crowd pops big a McFly Delayed Suplex that has the fan favorite holding his opponent up for over half a minute. Bruce tries to escape outside the ring. McFly chases, until he comes face to face with Ms. Rodriguez. After politely asking her to move, McFly receives a big forearm to the face from the little lady. It doesn't phase the two-time champion, who just grins at the beautiful woman as a trickle of fresh blood trails down his face. The distraction works, however, as Bruce has made it around the ring and smashes into McFly with a chair he grabbed on his rapid journey. The Long Island Angel emphasizes the point by driving the edge of the chair into the ribs of McFly hard, then again a second time. The prone Tiger is placed on the time keepers table, then the crowd seethes as Bruce climbs up to the top turnbuckle and delivers a big elbow drop that smashes through the table. He drags McFly back into the ring for the pin attempt... but McFly kicks out. Bruce delivers his New York Minute famedropper. But again, another kickout. The Angel screams at referee Darren Smith about a slow count, but the ref is having none of it. So Bruce exits the ring to find another chair. McFly is back on his feet when Bruce returns, and the self-proclaimed rock star drills his opponent across the back with the chair. McFly stumbles but keeps his feet. Bruce unleashes a mighty side swing with the chair and connects to McFly's head... But again, McFly simply stumbles. The fans scream as he refuses to even go down to a knee. Seething, the non-so-angelic Bruce loads up once again, and after a hesitation to emphasize the point of what he is about to do, he lets loose a big overhead swing of the chair... It never connects. Still unsteady, McFly reaches up and catches the edges of the chair just inches before it reaches his forehead. He stares hard at Jack Bruce, who stares right back. McFly slowly shakes his head, as if to say “this isn't how this is going to go”, causing the fans to lose their minds. A headbutt by McFly. Then a knee to the gut. Then a McFly Chop, causing Bruce to drop the chair. Then a forearm. Then a right to the jaw. Then a left. The American Tiger unloads on his opponent as the fans go ballistic and Bruce is reeling. Urged on by the crowd, McFly keeps pressing, but Bruce counters a suplex and into a suplex of his own, dropping McFly right onto the chair. The Angel goes for another pin attempt and gets so close before McFly kicks out. Its at that point where Bruce looks to Joanne Rodriguez, clearly lost at what he needs to do to stop his opponent. J-Ro apparently has no answer to give, as she won't meet Bruce's gaze. The last two minutes are all McFly, as he comes back with everything, the crowd screaming for every move that Jack Bruce has no answer for. A big DeLorean Driver spinning Northern Light's bomb has McFly going for the pin. Smith counts out the three with emphasis, the crowd counting along. There is no hand shake after this one, as Bruce bails out of the ring and is supported by his “assistant” back through the Supreme Gate. McFly takes his time, playing to the fans who clearly love the veteran former champion. [B][CENTER]Sean McFly Wins at 21:58 via Pinfall Grade: A*[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][B]Peter Michaels[/B]: Now that was a war! [B]Duane Fry[/B]: How can Christian Faith and Rich Money top that? [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/RichMoneyAltSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ChristianFaithSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Rich Money vs Christian Faith[/B][/CENTER] The SWF World Heavyweight champion Rich Money looks surly from the start, perhaps unhappy at having to enter the ring first and wait for his opponent. Especially since Faith takes his sweet time, giving high-fives to all the fans along the ramp and at ringside. Both the SWF World Heavyweight belt and the SWF Supreme belt are placed on the hastily reconstructed time-keepers table, despite the fact that they are not being contested, along with the silver statue head that is on the line. Referee Ric Young takes his time, making sure both men are ready after they are introduced. Finally underway, the match starts slow. They two big men are in no hurry to engage, unwilling to make the commitment too early and make a mistake. The crowd heat remains strong through the slow early going, as the fans sense that its building. It does build, as the two engage and begin brawling. Its some great back and forth exchanges that has the fans wanting more. Faith is willing to oblige them, but Money isn't. He wisely realizes that his best chance is to use his mat wrestling skills and turn it into a wrestling match, rather than a brawl. This approach does indeed give Hard Cash the advantage, and just past ten minutes into the highly anticipated match, he begins to work over the 42-year old. The 298-pound Money even shows off his “high flying” with a flying knee drop and a big elbow drop from the top turnbuckle to the floor when he has Faith outside the ring. The fans seethe as most of the next ten minutes are spent by Money working the Supreme Legend over. Faith ends up bleeding after having his face bounced off the security barrier. This one is not no disqualification, so Money has to be careful not to go too far or to get counted out. He comes close when he locks in a figure four around the ring post, trying to destroy Faith's knee. But Christian Faith has made a career out of having faith, out of refusing to quit and coming back against the biggest odds. He tries that here, but Money seems to be a step ahead with everything that Faith does try. He has researched his opponent well. Fans begin to fear the worst – maybe Rich Money just really is that good. But any of those who do lose faith ought to know better. Because Christian Faith is not so easy to keep down. Money goes for the pin several times, but Faith kicks out in a hurry each time. Frustration starts to play across the face of the World Heavyweight champion. Faith uses that, looking wobbly but calling Money on, engaging in a big exchange in the center of the ring. Faith gets the better of it with a big series of Machine Gun Faith Hammers. The last dozen minutes of the match is a series of finisher attempts and false finishers that has the fans reeling. Faith gets Money up in his Stalling Atomic Drop and then hits his Leap of Faith, the fans convinced he has it won. But Money kicks out, and the fans deflate a little. “Hard Cash” takes the advantage back with a Money Shaker uppercut, and he lands his Dollars from Heaven. He goes for the pin, looking assured of victory. Faith kicks out, however. With the match nearing the half hour mark, both men are tired and battered, with Faith looking near exhaustion. The Supreme champion remains determined, however, and counters an attempted Russian legsweep, swinging around and grabbing his opponent in the rarely seen Test of Faith sleeper hold. The fans roar – it has to be over now! Money counters by dropping and rolling, allowing himself to get to the ropes to force a break. The fans deflate again. Rich Money goes back into the history books again, using Sam Strong's Strong Arm Tactic that the legend made famous in Japan. Faith is down after the blow to the temple and Money hooks a leg for the pin. A kick out at the last possible second. There is no hiding the frustration on Hard Cash's face at this point. His face lights up with a moment of inspiration, and he goes for the Proton Lock that Sam Keith made famous feared. It is a Scorpion Deathlock bridged backward with a reverse necklock. It is almost impossible to escape... Except Christian Faith knows the move well. The crowd lets loose hatred at Money, expecting their beloved Faith to tap at any moment. Instead, he escapes. Twisting his hips, he bucks and kicks his legs back, flinging Money off. The 298-pound World Heavyweight champion smashes into referee Ric Young, who is knocked through the ropes and takes a bump to the floor below. Faith wastes no time, grabbing Money and returning the favor by locking the Proton Lock in. It is tight. Money lacks the experience with the hold that Faith has, and while he bucks and tries to kick, he simply doesn't know how to escape it the same way that the 42-year old Supreme Legend did. Rich Money roars with pain. He raises his hand and holds it... Then he taps... No bell. No referee. Duane Fry and Peter Michaels are going insane in the announcers booth, screaming that Money is tapping. If not for Phil Vibert to try to calm them, someone's head could have exploded. The nearly forty-thousand fans in the Greenwalt Dome are roaring. Faith maintains the Proton Lock and Money taps again. And again. Ric Young is still outside the ring. Faith finally lets it go. He looks to see if the referee is alright. Still reeling from the painful hold, Money looks to take advantage of the distraction, but he doesn't have the opportunity. Something happens. The crowd goes quiet. Silent, almost. Smoke is pouring out of the Supreme Gate and onto the stage. The lights dim. Spotlights illuminate the Supreme Gate as music begins to play... [CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szxZr6jPhdI"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [SIZE=3][B][U]Click it, dammit! It will add to the moment again - trust me![/U][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] The crowd erupts. The epic music belongs to only one man. A Supreme Legend who has not set foot in the Supreme Wrestling Federation for a decade. Faith and Money look at each other, waiting. Knowing. Pyrotechnic explosions go off in time with the music. A shadow emerges through the smoke. A ghostly figure from the annals of the Supreme Wrestling Federation. A giant... [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/BruceTheGiantalt1Small.jpg[/IMG] [B]Bruce the Giant[/B][/CENTER] The 7'4”, 600-pound behemoth emerges through the Supreme Gate and stands on the stage. He is dressed for battle, wearing his traditional Australian-blue singlet. The crowd roars at the sight of the two-time SWF World Heavyweight champion, then falls silent. The Tri-State fans realize that they don't know why one of the most famous men in wrestling is here. Why he is interrupting the epic battle between Christian Faith and Rich Money. Which of them he is here for. The big man lumbers down the ramp. He climbs into the ring, glaring at both Money and Faith with the most intimidating gaze in the business. As the giant gets in the ring, they both exit the other side. With Bruce now standing in the center of the ring, a big series of pyros explosions go off in time with the finale of the music. Then silence. Money and Faith stand beside the time-keepers table, both sweating under the stare of Bruce the Giant. By this point, Ric Young is on his feet and trying to sort out why Bruce the Giant is in the ring, but both competitors are not. He's not stupid enough to try to climb into the ring himself, but he begins counting. Faith makes to slide back into the ring as the count hits 8, but a small step forward by Bruce makes him think twice. Ric Young counts to ten and calls for the bell. One of the most anticipated and epic match ups in recent SWF history ends in a draw. Because of Bruce the Giant. [B][CENTER]Christian Faith and Rich Money Draw at 37:33 via Double Count Out Grade: A[/CENTER] [/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/BruceTheGiantalt1Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/RichMoneyAltSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ChristianFaithSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Bruce the Giant, Rich Money + Christian Faith Post-Match Showdown[/B][/CENTER] [I]The match is over. But the showdown isn't. Everyone can sense that the giant is here for a reason. That he has a purpose. In the near-silent arena, everyone waits for him to announce that purpose. To at least indicate it. He stares first at Christian Faith, then at Rich Money. Everyone holds their breath.... As if in slow motion, Bruce the Giant raises his huge arm and points... at Rich Money. Something flashes across the face of the SWF World Heavyweight champion... Fear... The moment is interrupted by laughter. Hearty, satisfied laughter over the PA system. It could only come from the only man who would interrupt a match of this caliber just to make a point...[/I] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Alt%20Small/EricEisenSeriousSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Eric Eisen[/B][/CENTER] [I]The Interim General Manager of the Supreme brand strolls out through the Supreme Gate and onto the smoky stage. He is still laughing into his microphone.[/I] [B]Eric Eisen[/B]: I promised you consequences, Money. Big consequences. I promised you a surprise. A big surprise. Behold, the biggest surprise possible. Behold, the biggest athlete in the world. [I]The crowd roars as Bruce raises his arm in the ring. From such a huge man, even a simple gesture seems monstrous. [/I] [B]Eric Eisen[/B]: He's here for you, Money. To take away the thing you love most – the SWF World Heavyweight championship. Next week, on Supreme TV, you'll face Bruce the Giant. For your World Heavyweight belt. [I]The crowd erupts at the possibility, already having forgotten the epic match that they were enjoying was just interrupted.[/I] [B]Eric Eisen[/B]: I told you a sour Eisen is a scary thing, Money. [I] Rich Money has managed to wipe the fear off his face. He just looks annoyed now. He quickly gathers up his SWF World Heavyweight championship belt and the head from Christian Faith's statue that apparently still belongs to him. He makes for the Supreme Gate in a hurry, not looking at Bruce the Giant in the ring. As Faith gathers up his SWF Supreme Championship, he gives a little “welcome back” nod to his old rival, who nods back. Then Bruce plays to the fans, who apparently now approve of his return. [/I] [B][CENTER]Grade: A*[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][B]Peter Michaels[/B]: Bruce the Giant is back... in a big way! [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Grade/grade_astar.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [/FONT]

It feels good to get that one posted. The main event was planned pretty much from the point where I decided on the brand split and having Faith and Money as my respective figureheads. So it was a long time coming. Its also a good feeling because as I've mentioned before, I kind of had the idea for awhile that I would be lucky to make it to the end of 2008, and that this might be the final show if it did. Well, I made it here and no quitting. Hell, hopefully not even any slowing down. Some thoughts -the show turned out to be my best booked thus far, at least according to User Stats. It also landed the highest PPV buy rate at 10.39. It was a damned fun one to write, so I'm hoping that it lives up to some of the other PPV write-ups I've done so far. -the generational war was always intended to be the main storyline of the diary - hence the name of the diary! I really never expected it to take this long to get everything in place. But I like where things are placed right now. I think its going to work out quite nicely. As for the actual declaration of war promo... obviously you can't have 18 people in one angle. There were a couple possible ways I considered doing it. In the end, it was just just 12-minute angle with 8 people based on Entertainment. The rest is a bit of "creative license". -I didn't really expect an A* match out of Bruce-McFly. Looking at it the fact that the match involved Sean McFly, I shouldn't have been surprised... but I was. Left me with a bit of a conundrum, as that was one of the few matches that I didn't have a real planned layout for before I started writing the show. I wanted something that matched the grade, yet didn't completely overshadow the main event which I still see as pretty epic as well. -ah, the main event. With about six months (both real time and game time) to plan, I looked at so many possibilities. Different finishes, different match stipulations, and different options to have something on the line. I was running with the idea of a 60-minute draw for awhile... but Faith can't do a 60-minute match. Thought about doing another Supreme Cell match, and figured I could emulate the '97 Undertaker-Michaels match with Kane's debut for Bruce's debut. After a lot of consideration and thoguht, I'm pretty happy with the finish I decided on, even if leaves more questions than answers. I'm curious what readers think of it. As for Bruce the Giant, it was a bit later - around August in the game - that I realized I would almost certainly be able to sign him in time for this PPV and I began planning at that point. With some variations, it is quite a bit similar to the way I debuted Sean McFly. It was actually this debut I planned first (even though it was further down the road) and ended up stealing the idea for McFly's earlier debut. I'm hoping it still makes something of an impact. And I owe a thanks to FINisher who unwittingly supplied me with Bruce's entrance music. So hoping you all enjoy. As always, I'm curious to read the readers thoughts, good or ill.

Awesome, awesome show, loved Vengeance's return, the red mask makes him look even more psychotic, seems that Big Cat and Vengeance are gonna collide, and it ain't gonna be pretty. Excellent choice of music for the Gen S promo, progressive rock ftw. The promo itself, it had that "epic" feel that the times are gonna change, and makes me want to tune in for the rest of 2009 to see how it'll go down. Bloodston losing was expected, I hope you've got some big plans for him, cos he's world champ material. McFly winning was a bit unexpected, but acceptable. Epic write ups in this match and the main event by the way Prediction wise I didn't do very well, I almost called the main event draw but alas, I though Money would take the fall, and I definitely didn't see Eric Eisen playing any sort of role in the main event, although seeing Faith not entering the ring by being afraid of Bruce seems a bit heelish, but explainable since he knew he was to banged up to stand a chance. All in all, well worth the A* and I'm looking forward to see how things pan out with Money's new opponent, the brewing war between Gen S and the "others", and Bloodstone making Christian Faith tap out like a little baby, even though he's got Steve Frehley to take care of first.

BP42, Honestly, I think that's the best show you've ever written, just brilliant. So many great moments: - Biggz winning the Shooting Star title is great, especially for Biggz himself. And his finished, 'The Biggz Show,' is a masterstroke. - The way DuBois defeated Morissette was genius and added a lot to DuBois' character for me. - The return of Vengeance!!! And, he's back for the Big Cat? That should be very entertaining. Then there's Payne. What role will he play in this feud? - Dan Stone Jr winning the Legends title felt like a big deal, especially with he and Bloodstone shaking hands and with all those stars coming out to congratulate. If only TNA had your brain, still alive, in a jar, they might have a Legends title that isn't a steaming turd. - Ace Newton becoming a dual-champion is something else that felt like a big deal to me. The kid has a very bright future with the SWF and you have to wonder how long it will be before he gets hungry for the top prize. - The Decleration of War by Generation Supreme was beautifully written. Those kids really do mean business and they shouldn't be taken lightly. But what about Newton? Where does he fit in? Has he established himself as too good for Generation Supreme? - BRUCE THE GIANT!!! Man, that was just superb, topped the McFly return for me. Always been a huge (pardon the pun) Bruce fan and to see him back is brilliant. Can't wait to see what happens between Bruce and Money. All in all, an epic PPV.

Feckin' booooooooooooooooooooo! Personally I'd be a lot happier to accept Bruce as a babyface if the lump of **** didn't just ruin the most anticipated match since the diary began! :p Would it have killed him to wait, like, ten minutes? Then when Money's lying defeated and broken on the floor, THEN you bring out Bruce to add to his misery. Le sigh. To be fair, it was pretty epic with the music and all. I just wish it happened AFTER the match, whatever the result. Loved Gen-S's declaration of war, though. Having said that, I'd have had Dubois stick around after his 'victory', then have the NA Title match, THEN do the promo. That way a significant portion are already at ringside and Gen-S is fresh in people's minds, and it doesn't feel like "Hmph, what are all these kids doing back out here? I want Bruce/McFly!". Plus you could've written in Newton's reaction as he's the only one that walks to the back after his match (either contempt if he thinks he's above them, or confusion if he wasn't invited). But that's just me, and I'm not in charge here. Also, loved Vengeance with his new mask. Shame I managed to predict his interference but not the resulting DQ. Not sure what I was thinking there, Vengeance is a walking disqualification! Award nominations, now that the big show is over. [U]Best Tag Team of the Year[/U] The New Wave. It's close between they and the Silverbacks, but the New Wave have been doing the awesome for longer. Just. None of the other teams really come close at the moment - I can't look past BK's spell as complete jobbers. Maybe next year lads, when that stigma has faded. [U]Best Promo of the Year[/U] This might be somewhat of a swerve, but everyone's nominated all the Rich Money promo's already. I'm gonna go for the Badd Kompany promo from before they won the tag titles. Just because it did it's job better than any amount of catchphrases or comedy skits ever do. [U]Best Feud of the Year[/U] Rich Money vs. Jack Bruce. Not only was the actual feud itself great, but it provided us with Heel Jack Bruce and the Showtourage. Bruce/McFly, the sort of 'aftermath feud', comes a close second. Money/Faith would've been close too, if not for Brucey ruining the whole thing. [U]Best Stable of the Year[/U] This has to go to Big Money Inc. Gen-S only became a stable last night, Remember Tomorrow never did anything at all. The Four Kings were essentially Doule Deuce, as Newton was never there and Chord was a B-shower. They were B-Show Stable Of the Year though... [U]Best Match of the Year[/U] Jack Bruce vs. Sean McFly, Christimas Clash 2008. Probably would've been beaten by the main event of that show, you know, if not for... ok, I'll stop. [U]Best Show of the Year[/U] Supreme Challenge. Fo' sho'. Most Anticipated Show Of the Year would go to Christmas Clash, for me personally. But yeah... Bruce. I'll stop moaning about him one day, like when he retires. [U]Best Non-Wrestler of the Year[/U] Bruce the Giant. Boo-urns. Erm, no... Phil Vibert, because I've enjoyed his character, and his 'I know lots of things...' backstage influence quips on commentary. [U]Best Newcomer of the Year[/U] Can anyone seriously argue with Ace Newton? [u]Best Young Wrestler of the Year[/u] Since Ace has an award, I'll go for Marc DuBois. The guy's stable was a dismal failure, but he did everything asked of him between the ropes. [U]Best Babyface of the Year[/U] Jack Bruce. The award's namesake a close second, but Showtime was awesome. And he's even better as a heel, but unfortunately he'll never win that award unless he wins the lottery. [U]Best Heel of the Year[/u] Rich Money. No question at all. Though I was tempted to nominate Bruce, just for ****s. [u]Best Moment of the Year[/u] Sean McFly returning has loads of nominations, so I'm gonna go with the return of... Big Cat! [U]Best Overall Wrestler of the Year[/U] Christian Faith. Essentially because he missed out on Face of the year and deserves something.

In any case, I want to see how I did on my first PPV prediction for this diary... [B]Steve Frehley[/B] vs Troy Tornado: Got this one right. [B]Bart Biggz[/B] vs Acid for the SWF Shooting Star Championship: I got this one right. I think a lot of others said Acid. [B]The New Wave[/B] vs The Silverbacks: I was wrong on this one. [B]Marc DuBois[/B] vs Chris Morrisette:Got this wrong as well. Rocky Golden vs [B]Angry Gilmore[/B]: Got this one right too. [B]Dan Stone Jr.[/B] vs Bloodstone for the SWF Legends Championship: I got this one too. Sean Deeley vs Randy Bumfhole vs [B]Ace Newton[/B] vs Antonio Marquez for the SWF North American Championship: I honestly didn't see this one coming. Does this mean Ace Newton (kayfabe) aren't on good terms with the other Generation Supreme Stars? Pistol Pete Hall vs [B]Remo[/B]: Got this one right too. Jack Bruce vs [B]Sean McFly[/B] in a No Disqualification Match: Got this one right as well. Christian Faith vs Rich Money: You really messed with us on this one. :) 6 out 10... damn.

*Sigh* your semi-final outweighs the main and you still get your best ever score, in a PPV that ends on a double count-out? You live a charmed life, BP... Great show, though - and having Bruce back is certainly interesting - although if he's never going to win the belt next TV. A debut, the first Bruce/Money match [I]and[/I] a title change? No chance... Good booking, too - only Stone/Bloodstone surprised me especially, and that only for Stone taking the midcard belt.

Bruce is Back!!!! I'm really excited to see where you take him from here. It's easy to see that you're going ahead with a Bruce/Money campaign... Which... Is awesome! :D Can't wait to see how this one unfolds. Money has the backing... But Bruce has the size! Great stuff!

[QUOTE=Self;680170]I clicked it... it totally added to the moment... so perfect...[/QUOTE] Great to hear. I usually put way too much thought into picking the right music. Especially since I had this planned for so long. Wanted something epic, but also something SWF fans would recognize as belonging to BTG. Went through a lot of options, but so much just didn't quite feel right. Hell, I even considered INXS. Came very close to using Thunderstruck by AC/DC. Then I stumbled upon a post by FINisher saying he used O Fortuna for his Shirkei (sp?) character in his BBW diary. It fit. I'll be honest - I listened to it repeatedly while writing the segment. [QUOTE=MVP!;680171]Awesome, awesome show, loved Vengeance's return, the red mask makes him look even more psychotic, seems that Big Cat and Vengeance are gonna collide, and it ain't gonna be pretty. Excellent choice of music for the Gen S promo, progressive rock ftw. The promo itself, it had that "epic" feel that the times are gonna change, and makes me want to tune in for the rest of 2009 to see how it'll go down. Bloodston losing was expected, I hope you've got some big plans for him, cos he's world champ material. McFly winning was a bit unexpected, but acceptable. Epic write ups in this match and the main event by the way Prediction wise I didn't do very well, I almost called the main event draw but alas, I though Money would take the fall, and I definitely didn't see Eric Eisen playing any sort of role in the main event, although seeing Faith not entering the ring by being afraid of Bruce seems a bit heelish, but explainable since he knew he was to banged up to stand a chance. All in all, well worth the A* and I'm looking forward to see how things pan out with Money's new opponent, the brewing war between Gen S and the "others", and Bloodstone making Christian Faith tap out like a little baby, even though he's got Steve Frehley to take care of first.[/QUOTE] Thanks! Great to hear that the "big" feel I was going for overall came across. The idea behind Faith not wanting to get back in the ring was partly because he had just gone through a 30-plus minute match, and partly that he has a history with Bruce (which I didn't really get across, my bad). They don't know why he's there yet, and Faith is just tired enough to not want to risk it, knowing what a monster BTG is in the ring. [QUOTE=UkWrestleFan;680175]BP42, Honestly, I think that's the best show you've ever written, just brilliant. So many great moments: - Biggz winning the Shooting Star title is great, especially for Biggz himself. And his finished, 'The Biggz Show,' is a masterstroke. - The way DuBois defeated Morissette was genius and added a lot to DuBois' character for me. - The return of Vengeance!!! And, he's back for the Big Cat? That should be very entertaining. Then there's Payne. What role will he play in this feud? - Dan Stone Jr winning the Legends title felt like a big deal, especially with he and Bloodstone shaking hands and with all those stars coming out to congratulate. If only TNA had your brain, still alive, in a jar, they might have a Legends title that isn't a steaming turd. - Ace Newton becoming a dual-champion is something else that felt like a big deal to me. The kid has a very bright future with the SWF and you have to wonder how long it will be before he gets hungry for the top prize. - The Decleration of War by Generation Supreme was beautifully written. Those kids really do mean business and they shouldn't be taken lightly. But what about Newton? Where does he fit in? Has he established himself as too good for Generation Supreme? - BRUCE THE GIANT!!! Man, that was just superb, topped the McFly return for me. Always been a huge (pardon the pun) Bruce fan and to see him back is brilliant. Can't wait to see what happens between Bruce and Money. All in all, an epic PPV.[/QUOTE] Awesome to hear (uh, read). I was trying to make almost everything have an impact in some way, big or small. I've been playing with moving towards that kind of character for DuBois for awhile, and this seemed a great time to really to really push it. He showed it a bit on the last PPV, but this time was very overt. I realized that three quarters of the match write-up was the finish sequence, but I think it still worked. That cheap, opportunistic approach will make for an interesting dynamic with DuBois' role in the Generation Supreme storyline. Vengeance's return was intentionally overshadowed by Bruce's. Why will become clear on the next couple of SWF Legends shows. The "declaring war" was an idea I played with for awhile before it felt right in terms of the timing and presentation. I didn't want them to come across as whining kids. I didn't want one just one or two to be doing all the talking, although the leadership had to be clear at the same time. Bruce should be fun. I won't say more than that, as I don't want to give anything away... [QUOTE=D-Lyrium;680222]Feckin' booooooooooooooooooooo! Personally I'd be a lot happier to accept Bruce as a babyface if the lump of **** didn't just ruin the most anticipated match since the diary began! :p Would it have killed him to wait, like, ten minutes? Then when Money's lying defeated and broken on the floor, THEN you bring out Bruce to add to his misery. Le sigh. To be fair, it was pretty epic with the music and all. I just wish it happened AFTER the match, whatever the result. Loved Gen-S's declaration of war, though. Having said that, I'd have had Dubois stick around after his 'victory', then have the NA Title match, THEN do the promo. That way a significant portion are already at ringside and Gen-S is fresh in people's minds, and it doesn't feel like "Hmph, what are all these kids doing back out here? I want Bruce/McFly!". Plus you could've written in Newton's reaction as he's the only one that walks to the back after his match (either contempt if he thinks he's above them, or confusion if he wasn't invited). But that's just me, and I'm not in charge here. Also, loved Vengeance with his new mask. Shame I managed to predict his interference but not the resulting DQ. Not sure what I was thinking there, Vengeance is a walking disqualification![/QUOTE] I love discussing the booking (obviously), so I love that you bring these up. The reaction to the Bruce the Giant intereference is pretty much the reaction I was going for. I wanted it have to the fan (or reader) conflicted - a combination of a "Holy hell, that's Bruce the Giant - that's aweome" and "WTF - why now?". Took the idea a bit from Kane's appearace at the HIAC between Taker and Michaels back in '97. I didn just want a good reaction or a bad reaction to it - I wanted both. I toyed with the idea of either Faith or Money taking the clean loss. Both men have been protected enough that a loss there wouldn't have been crippling. But I did want to consider the future storylines and such. The ref bump (which I rarely use) and tap means that, technically, Faith did win. Having the win be a technicality wasn't so much about giving Money an excuse - as I think he would find one if he needed one, even for a clean loss - but about making fans want to see him get what he deserves even more. Would a clean loss to Faith be satisfying for fans who really want to see Money taken down a notch? Likely. But it wouldn't be epic. I want to build this to the point that those who hate Money are desperate to see him go down flames... so that it is truly memorable when it finally does. Plus, this finish leaves a rematch as a near certainty at some point in the future.... I did also play around with the sequencing of the matches and segments, and did consider something similar to what you suggest. But what it came down to is that I wanted to the promo to be a statement. Not just in what they say, but also in the way that they were presented. Coming out out like that made a clear dilleneation of who is part of it. And who isn't. Its why they came out in their individual groups, and with music. Its also why they almost all got to say at least something through the promo. I want this to be a clear group of individuals, not a mass of youth with a few notable faces - having it as a separate stand alone segment felt like the better way to do that. As for Newton... That will be explained soon enough.... I love people throwing their thoughts out here like this. I mean, its awesome to get positive feedback, but its also awesome to get the "here's what I would have done" or "why did you do that?" as well. And thanks for the nominations. [QUOTE=ampulator;680255]In any case, I want to see how I did on my first PPV prediction for this diary... 6 out 10... damn.[/QUOTE] I haven't scored up everyone's predictions yet - try to go do that tonight - but 60% isn't too bad, I would think. My PPVs tend to be tougher to predict than the TV shows. Especially when I throw servces like mutlipe debuts/re-debuts in there to mess everything around. I don't know that a single person called for the draw in the main event.

[quote=Bigpapa42;680409]Then I stumbled upon a post by FINisher saying he used O Fortuna for his Shirkei (sp?) character in his BBW diary. It fit. I'll be honest - I listened to it repeatedly while writing the segment.[/quote] Shikei. And yes, it fit him too. :p Seems to be a great show, I'll read it tomorrow.

[QUOTE=FINisher;680412]Shikei. And yes, it fit him too. :p Seems to be a great show, I'll read it tomorrow.[/QUOTE] O Fortuna... so THAT's the song name. I've looking for that song for a long time. It's in every other movie trailer I've heard. Everyone has heard the song before, but everyone I ask had no idea what the name was. In any case, I have another song that I think might just as much, if not more. It's [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9kbS2Vdsbc"][B]Immediate Music's Epicon (Hybrid).[/B][/URL]

Archived