New York City Wrestling: Tradition Begins Anew

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]NYCW Showdown (Week 3, March 2006) Seen across the US & Canada on National Pride TV Crowd: 4208 Viewers: 65177 Knights of the Squared Circle (Squire Flemmy & Valiant) vs Future Shock [/COLOR][/B] Another opening match tag bout, with Flemmy looking good taking a beating until the hot tag to Valiant clears the ring. Future Shock made a smart move, with Danny Jacobs grabbing Valiant's hand, forcing him to tag Flemmy. With the squire in the ring, Future Shock teed off on the newcomer, eventually seeing Jacobs score a pinfall with the Prodigizer at 5:36. [B]Winners: Future Shock Rating: C+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Joanne Rodriguez & Roland Hall vs Jimmy Cox & Everest[/B][/COLOR] The powerhouses, Hall and Everes, started things off with an entertaining brawl, leading to Everest having to tag out to Cox fairly early. JRo tagged in and traded holds with Cox for a while. Unfortunately for Ms. Rodriguez, Nemesis came out to pull Hall off of the apron, engaging in a wild brawl. Cox and Everest used the attack to double team their foe, Cox making Joanne submit to the Kyoto Crab at 6:44 [B]Winners: Cox & Everest Rating: B- [COLOR="royalblue"]Nemesis, separated from Hall, cuts a promo[/COLOR][/B] "Listen up, Hall, this isn't just about a fight. This is about a philosophy. I've seen your kind before -- football players, boxers, ultimate fighters, all of them thinking they can walk into this business and take over from day one, just because they've gotten a little fame doing something physical in their life. Roland, if you think getting tackled by a 310 pound lineman hurts, think again. You've never felt pain until you've been in the ring with me." [B]Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Art Reed vs Nemesis[/COLOR] [/B] The red-hot Reed was Nemesis' foe tonight, leading to a showdown of two guys who languished for a while, but really get a chance to shine now that Nemesis is as healthy as he'll ever be and the likes of Tyler, Keith, and Kudo are gone. Competitive, hard hitting match -- these two vets will feel it in the morning. Unfortunately for Art Reed, Roland Hall decided he had enough, running in and attacking Nemesis, leading to a DQ at 9:55 [B]Winner by DQ: Nemesis Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Scout Promo [/COLOR][/B] No offense to Frankie Perez, Scout declares, but Scout's mind is being dominated by visions being locked inside a cage, doing the kind of things people get locked up in cages for, beating Nevada Nuclear to within an inch of his life, and then taking that last inch. [B]Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Scout vs Frankie Perez [/COLOR] [/B] Forgot that these two don't work well together, oops. Still not bad, but given the immense amount of talent involved, it could've went better. Frankie beat up on Scout to start, but Scout fought back with a rage and fury that he hadn't displayed in a long, long time. Perez got control late and tried a P-Clutch, but Scout powered out, fought back, and capped it off with Danger Ahead at 8:40. [B][COLOR="royalblue"]Winner: Scout Rating: B A Cackling Nevada Nuclear Showed Up On The Video Wall[/COLOR][/B] Nevada was sitting by a fence in the back, rocking back and forth. "We're not scared anymore Scout," Nevada happily declared. "We know what we did, and we know what we have to do." Nuclear's delivery was deliberate, slow, scary -- great acting. "Scout! We've been locked away before, we'll be locked away again! We're.... we're going home." Great delivery from Nuclear. [B]Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Nevada Nuclear vs Hell Monkey vs Steve Flash [/COLOR][/B] Nevada pounded the hell out of Flash to start, but Steve quickly fought back. Surprisingly, Hell Monkey helped out Nuclear, which Rip Chord attributed to Monkey intelligently going after the biggest threat in the match. Flash fought back, and Nevada switched sides, helping Flash work on Hell Monkey. Nevada was particularly aggressive, going for chokes, eye gouges, and biting frequently. Eventually, Hell Monkey clotheslined Nevada over the top, but walked right into a Flash Bang for the pinfall at 8:53 [B]Winner: Steve Flash Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Esiaku Hoshino Promo[/COLOR][/B] "Mean Jean Cattley, he has no respect. He has no honor. But he is the champion. Eisaku Hoshino. I have respect, I have honor, and I have the FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Mr. Cattley, with all due respect to you, and to Mr. Flash, neither one of you will be the Empire Champion after Kings of New York." [B]Rating: A [COLOR="royalblue"]NYCW Empire Title Esiaku Hoshino (challenger) vs Mean Jean Cattley (champion) [/B][/COLOR] The addition of Hoshino has really softened the losses of some of the bigger name guys. The problem I had with Hoshi was worry that he wasn't over enough to justify his asking price, but he's gotten over like gangbusters so far. Cattley played cowardly heel most of the way, begging off, cheating, and the like. Esiaku Hoshino's end came thanks to Danny Jacobs, who capitalized on a ref bump by hitting The Prodigizer for the win at 11:48. [B]Winner, and still NYCW Empire Champion: Mean Jean Cattley Rating: A [B]Rip Chord Is Better Than You:[/[/B]B] At taffy pulling. [B]Rating: A Overall: A [I]Coming up: The push to KoNY IV continues, with Hoshino & Hell Monkey facing the team of Robert Oxford & John Maverick, The Animalz in action against members of Agony Inc, Scout faces Danny Jacobs, and in our main event, Steve Flash & Art Reed face The Latin Kings.[/B][/I]

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now, an update on [COLOR="red"][B]Danger and Violence Extreme[/B][/COLOR]. Our closest competitors, the only other Cult federation in the USA and our neighbors in the Tri-State area, DAVE has been the victim of talent raids, a problem we've inherited since going Cult, though our guys were already working for the big boys, DAVE gets people plucked from them. Over the past three years and few months, the list of DAVE defectors is amazing, including the following. *deep breath* [B]SWF[/B] has taken Eddie Peak, Emma Chase, Henry Lee, Johnny Martin, Kurt Laramee, referee Ryan Holland, Vin Tanner, Wolf Hawkins [B]TCW[/B] scooped up Chris Caufield, Doug Peak, Guide, JD Morgan, "Jungle" Jack Marlowe, Mario Heroic, unlikely superstar Matt Sparrow, Nemesis (who still works and books for DAVE), Pistol Pete Hall, Sammy Bach, Shawn Gonzalez, and Teddy Powell [B]NOTBPW[/B] didn't raid quite as much, but did take two incredible workers: Bryan Holmes and Eric Tyler. Still, DAVE presses on, though we're definitely on the verge of reducing them to the #4 promotion in the States. We share quite a few workers, though I'd argue our exclusive talent is better than their exclusive talent. [B]DAVE Unified Champion: Art Reed (def. Scout)[/B] Art's big DAVE push is actually working out well for NYCW, as he's just growing more and more over, making him more of a commodity in our eyes. Since late 2007, 4 of the 5 DAVE champions have also worked for NYCW, Puerto Rican Power being the lone exception. Since we avoid scheduling the same dates as DAVE, more power to them [B]DAVE Brass Knuckles Champion: The Wolverine (def. Nemesis)[/B] Again, the NYCW influence is clear. DAVE hired a lot of people NYCW let go when I changed the focus of the company to younger, more talented wrestlers. Case in point, Whistler is a three time Brass Knuckles Champion. The lesser half of the Animalz is also enjoying his second reign. [B]DAVE Tag Champions: Nemesis & Tank Bradley (defeated The Last Hard Men: Travis Century & Whistler to win vacant titles)[/B] The tag straps were vacated when Teddy Powell left for TCW, leaving American Buffalo without a partner. This division is worth watching for the names alone, with gems like The Lone Gunmen: Chance Fortune & American Buffalo, The New Originals: Donnie J. & Mick Muscles, and The Tag Team Masters: the dreaded combination of Tatsukichi and American Machine (known to NYCW fans as Mr. America). Despite an ever-eroding base of talent, DAVE remains popular, with B's through most of the US and Canada, with C+'s everywhere else. Their main eventers include: Alex Braun, Art Reed, Nemesis, Puerto Rican Power, and Whistler. With that out of the way, let's start [B][COLOR="Red"]Week 4, March 2009[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="royalblue"]NYCW: Live! On Location from Vermont Seen across the continental U.S. on National Pride TV Crowd: 3551 Viewers: 63640 Terry Agony started off the show... [/COLOR][/B] saying that, unfortunately, he would not be in the corner of Everest and Jimmy Cox tonight, because he was busy getting ready for the hardcore tag team match at Kings of New York IV. "I'm finding the sharpest forms of barbed wire, the chairs with the thickest steel bases, and as many baseball bats as I can find -- aluminium, wood, they're all coming with me to New York!" Agony cackled maniacally to close the promo. [B]Rating: C+ [COLOR="royalblue"]NYCW World Tag Team Titles: Robert Oxford and John Maverick (challengers) vs Esiaku Hoshino & Hell Monkey (champions)[/COLOR][/B] Oxford and Hoshino started off slow, doing a match that would translate just as well to 1979 as it did here in 2009, keeping at a deliberate pace but making sure it was entertaining. Maverick tagged in, with the pace picking up rapidly, exchanging hold after hold, one after another, with the crowd applauding to show their appreciation. Hell Monkey tagged in to add some brutally stiff strikes, beating Maverick down before finishing the deal with the Hellfire Kick to end the match at 7:43. [B]Winners, and still NYCW World Tag Team Champions: Esiaku Hoshino & Hell Monkey Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]The Animalz vs Everest & Jimmy Cox[/COLOR] [/B] The Agony Inc. boys got a shot to soften up their enemies, and went right to it, using any and every underhanded tactic in their arsenal to pound the Animals, who made the big babyface comeback around three minutes in. Rip Chord called it a mismatch for Jimmy Cox, who is more comfortable exchanging holds rather than punches. The match ended with Art Reed scoring revenge on Jimmy for costing him his Empire Title match a few weeks ago, waffling Cox with a ball bat, leading to a pin at 5:33. [B]Winners: The Animalz Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Danny Jacobs promo.[/COLOR][/B] "You know, I've been around NYCW for a little more than a year now, and when I came down here from Canada, everyone told me to keep my eye out for one guy: Scout. Scout was the baddest man on the block, who took no prisoners, never backed down from a fight, and always came out on the winning end of things. Come on, he's the three time NYCW Empire Champion, how can you not respect that?" "Easily. Scout, in the past few months, has been chasing around a lunatic who runs around here talking to himself in the plural form, trying to protect his girlfriend. What happened? I'll tell you what happened Scout, the Future passed you by, and tonight, you find that out first hand." [B]Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Danny Jacobs vs Scout[/COLOR][/B] Decent match, though DJ needs to improve some of the basics to really take the leap into superstardom. Good mat work, as Scout has the rare ability to be a become the mean rebel who'll just beat you down and do it with his technical skills. Jacobs fought back and actually was somewhat dominant through the middle of the match, but Scout was able to counter out of The Prodigizer and ground the young phenom. Some stiff strikes combined with Danger Ahead to finish off the bout at 8:10. [B]Winner: Scout Rating: B- [COLOR="royalblue"]Latin Kings Promo[/COLOR][/B] Champagne Lover and Frankie Perez presented a united front, claiming that they'd worry about one another at the PPV, and tonight they'd remind everyone why their names were at the top of every list of great tag teams for a long, long time. Steve Flash, Art Reed, good wrestlers for sure, but they're not kings. [B]Rating: B [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Steve Flash & Art Reed vs The Latin Kings[/COLOR] [/B] Yes, it was as good as you would expect. Flash and Perez started things off, with the 42 year old Flash keeping pace perfectly with Perez, about 16 years his junior. Art Reed did just as well mixing it up with Perez, until a tag to Champagne Lover changed the course of the match. The advantage vollied back and forth through the rest of the bout, with The Latin Kings looking like they had it in the bank late. Unfortunately, Art Reed ducked under a double clothesline, then hit both of them with a two-arm clothesline, enough to give him time to hot tag Flash, who beat both Kings around for a while before putting Champagne away with the Flash of Brilliance at 11:17 [B]Winners: Steve Flash & Art Reed Rating: A[/B] JRO shot a few shirts to close the show. [B]A* Overall: B+ [I]Next time: Danny Jacobs squares off with Hell Monkey, while Scout faces Champagne Lover for the Tri-State title in 1/2 of a double main event, the other half being the two top challengers at KoNY IV facing off when Steve Flash faces Frankie Perez. Big 6-Person tag as well, featuring Roland Hall, Nevada Nuclear, Joanne Rodriguez, Nemesis, and Mean Jean Cattley[/I]. [/B]

Wow, those stats on who has been raided from DAVE is amazing. It's good to see that they're surviving by using what they have left as best they can. I enjoy reading about what the other promotions are doing in your diary, it's an interesting extra.

[B][COLOR="royalblue"]NYCW Showdown: Week 4, March 2006 Seen across the U.S. and Canada on The Pop! Network Crowd: 3551 Viewership: 63145 Terry Agony & The Insane Heat vs Arnold Jarrett & Big Cat Brandon[/COLOR][/B] Some people who don't normally get to be on TV got to show off their stuff, as Arnold Jarrett, the Canadian shootfighter, went to work on The Heat, beating him down soundly for a while, with Heat giving back as much as he was taking. Brandon did his usual dominant brawling schtick, with Agony providing some sick moves as well. Brandon got the win for his team, finishing off The Insane Heat with the Pounce at 7:33 [B]Winners: Big Cat Brandon/Arnold Jarrett Rating: B- [COLOR="royalblue"]Esiaku Hoshino promo[/COLOR][/B] Hoshi called out Marc Speed, the silent half of Future Shock, for blindly following Danny Jacobs down a path of dishonor. "Wrestling is more than a sport, Mr. Speed," Hoshi explained, "We are the closest thing that exists this day to warriors, and every time Mr. Jacobs comes out here and disrespects the legendary warriors, he takes something away from all of us." Mr. Speed, I look forward to showing you my POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Screaming Hoshino, priceless.... maybe. [B]Rating: C+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Marc Speed & Bryan Bruce vs Esiaku Hoshino & Art Reed[/COLOR][/B] Bruce is a 20 year old who is getting his first real shot with a major promotion, an ultracharismatic technician, originally from Belgium, who has a good business accumen and speaks five languages. Yes, the future is looking good for NYCW. However, the future is now for Hoshino and Reed, who basically no-sold everything the Belgian Bomber did, though Speed did get some offense in, it was over at 6:48, with Bruce submitting to the Dread Lock. [B]Winners: Art Reed & Esiaku Hoshino Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Danny Jacobs vs Hell Monkey[/COLOR] [/B] The angry, outspoken youth of NYCW took control initially, taking control over the masked man with a rapid attacks, lots of dropkicks, armdrags, and the like. Hell Monkey is not one to be squashed, however, and struck back with strikes and submission holds. Jacobs started cheating to regain the advantage, and Hell Monkey could never really get a rythym going after that, falling to the Prodigizer at the 11:57 mark. [B]C+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Nevada Nuclear starts a promo.[/COLOR][/B] "Scout is after us! They want to lock us in a cage! We need help, we need someone to watch our backs...." Nevada turned to the camera, with an evil grin. "Not anymore. We'll get by with a little help from our friends now, we'll make it with a little help from our friends now." With that, Nemesis walked into view, announcing that "politics make strange bedfellows, but the way I see it, Nevada and I both need someone to watch our backs." Rip Chord contended that this alliance could make a huge impact on NYCW in the very near future. [B]Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]6-Person Tag: Valiant, Roland Hall, & Joanne Rodriguez vs Mean Jean Cattley, Nemesis, & Nevada Nuclear[/COLOR] [/B] Good match, as everyone had a chance to tag in, give their best for about a minute, and get the hell out of there, sort of like a hockey team taking shifts. Nemesis and Hall in particular threw down furiously, beating the hell out of one another until Cattley and Valiant were tagged into the match around the same time. Valiant held his own with the champ for a while before falling victim to The Mood Swing and a pinfall at 6:42 [B]Winners: Cattley/Nemesis/Nevada Rating: B- [COLOR="royalblue"]Champagne Lover Promo[/COLOR][/B] Instead of addressing the crowd, Champagne Lover addressed his Tri-State Title belt "You know that I would never let anyone take you, sweet theeng. You know that whatever happens, you are mine now, and you'll be at my side forever and ever." Good to know that Nevada Nuclear doesn't have the exclusive rights to creepy. Champagne explained that the title had no reason to worry because he was just far too good to lose this belt [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]NYCW Tri-State Title: Scout (Challenger) vs Champagne Lover [/COLOR](Champion) [/B] Scout took the fight to Champagne early, pounding the Tri-State champ with some elbows to take him to the mat, then keeping him there with an impressive litany of holds. Champagne got to the ropes on a Cobra Clutch, then snuck in a cheap shot on the break to gain an advantage, beating down the three time Empire champ with some knees initially, following up with a few suplexes. Scout raillied back late, using good fire to throw down with some strikes before delivering Danger Ahead, which would be enough for the win and the title change at 9:54. That is, if Scout hadn't been knocked off by Frankie Perez at two, which color commentator Terry Agony called a smart move, saving Frankie's chance at the belt. [B]Winner by DQ: Scout (Champagne Lover retains the Tri-State Title) Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Main Event: Frankie Perez vs Steve Flash[/COLOR][/B] Not the caliber of match you'd think it would be, but good nonetheless. Frankie did some good work early, using some suplexes, innovative moves, and impressive chain wrestling, finally ending two or three minutes in by executing a go-behind to get out of an attempted German Suplex, taking Frankie down with a Russian Legsweep. The match ping-ponged back and forth for a while, finishing around 7:35, with Flash escaping a full nelson, do doubt an attempt at a Dragon Suplex, to deliver the Flash of Brilliance for the pin. [B]Winner: Steve Flash Rating: B+ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Up next was a very special LIVE Rip Chord Is Better Than You[/COLOR] [/B] The Ripster brought out a special guest, The Masked Monster (prelim talent Lewis Starr under a mask) to show off his latest and greatest feat: Rip Chord Is Better Than You at: Mat Wrestling! Before The Monster could get twisted up by Rip, some southern rock hit over the PA, bringing out Mean Jean Cattley, who announced that, effective immediately, Rip Chord's little segment was cancelled. "Rip, you've been showing favortism to Steve Flash for far too long here. I'm younger, better looking, and ten times the wrestler that man is, and you act like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread." "I can't help that you've set him up for the main event at Kings of New York, but I can debut a new segment for y'all: Mean Jean is better than Rip Chord." Cattley swung, but Rip ducked, kicking Mean Jean in the gut and going for the Rip Chord DDT, but Cattley slipped out and dropped Rip with the Mood Swing. Cattley went on to bring a table into the ring, which he set up and piledrove the legend through. EMT's swarmed the ring, with NYCW Owner The Stomper making a rare appearance, admonishing Cattley. Chord was immobolized and stretchered as the show came to a close. [B]Rating: A Overall: B+[/B] That one hurt. Tyler, Kudo, Keith, losing all of them sucked, but this one hit at a base level, given that Rip Chord was really the person who put New York City Wrestling on the map. Yes, the Ripster is now going to work full time as a Road Agent and Head Booker of North of the Border Pro Wrestling. We're covered at Road Agent, with The Stomper covering most duties and Robert Oxford able to step in and do as good a job as anyone, Rip included. We've hired DAVE's Mitch Naess to cover play-by-play, let's see how that works, as Chord and Peter Michaels are really the best announcers in the world. [B][I]Life without Rip begins in a big, big way, with Kings of New York IV. Next update, we preview the big show.[/I][/B]

I think it makes for a more interesting diary having to cope with these losses, just like reality. At least you've still got the Big Cat on your roster, with time he could carry any company. Bryan Bruce sounds like a good prospect. Belgium is sadly under-represented on the world wrestling stage :)

[SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="royalblue"]Kings of New York IV: Preview[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B][COLOR="royalblue"]Special Attraction Match: Just Signed The Insane Heat vs Arnold Jarrett[/COLOR][/B] A battle between two real bruisers who don't get a chance to bask in the spotlight, Arnold Jarrett faces The Insane Heat in a battle that should define brutality. Insane Heat is known as one of the sickest, most dangerous brawlers in the nation, and Jarrett has been breaking bones since his mixed martial arts career, where he was known as "Gentlemen" Arnold Jarrett, because of his reputation as one of the nicest guys in MMA. Nice guy or not, dealing with Arnold Jarrett won't be a pleasant experience for The Insane Heat. [B][COLOR="royalblue"]NYCW World Tag Team Titles Future Shock (Challengers) vs Esiaku Hoshino & Hell Monkey (Champions)[/COLOR][/B] Hoshino and Hell Monkey won the tag titles in a tournament final triangle match that included Jacobs & Speed. The guys in Future Shock played the role of gracious loser, but brutally attacked the new tag team champions once their backs were turned. This time around, no one will have their backs turned, Speed & Jacobs will have to beat the champs face to face. [B][COLOR="royalblue"]NYCW vs NFL Nemesis vs Roland Hall[/COLOR][/B] Roland Hall, the two-time pro bowler who spent his football career with successful stints in Kansas City and Philadelphia, entered NYCW with a vengeance, winning a battle royal and earning a title shot. This drew the ire of Nemesis, who felt that Hall was being handed something that should be worked at for years to earn. Early on in his second career, Hall finds himself facing down a bigger, nastier threat than any defensive linemen he's ever faced: the Steamroller himself, Nemesis. [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Hardcore Tag Team Hell Terry Agony & Everest vs The Animalz[/COLOR][/B] For months now, Terry Agony has done everything in his power to bring down the Animalz, who he sees as a threat to his supremacy, but they've fallen short each and every time. This time, Agony is going to handle matters personally, joining forces with the mountainous Everest to go against The Cat and The Wolverine. [B][COLOR="royalblue"]Jimmy Cox vs Art Reed[/COLOR][/B] Two of the best technical workers in the world today -- not to mention that Cox seems to have an innate ability to have a good match with almost anyone on the NYCW active roster. This should be no different, as Mr. Reed has a definite score to settle. Art saved The Animalz from a vicious attack at the hands of Agony Inc, but paid for it by having Jimmy Cox rob him of a shot at the Empire Title. Beating Jimmy won't give Art the gold, but it'll be a measure of revenge. [B][COLOR="royalblue"]Steel Cage Showdown Nevada Nuclear vs Scout[/COLOR][/B] This one has been brewing for a long time. Scout knows how to resolve problems, and when a problem gets particularly bad, he sometimes resolves it in a cage. It's a safe bet to say that Scout has never had a problem the size of Nevada Nuclear, who has been a thorn in Scout's side for some time now. Nuclear was initally panicking, but has embraced the idea of fighting Scout in the cage, but will The Radioactive Wrecking Machine be able to best the Baddest Man in NYCW? [B][COLOR="royalblue"]NYCW Tri-State Championship Frankie Perez (challenger) vs Champagne Lover (champion)[/COLOR][/B] Tensions are high here, with neither man appearing to be wary of trusting the other. These two combined to be the greatest tag team in the history of New York City Wrestling, but haven't been the same since Champagne Lover started to eye Frankie's Tri-State title. Perez lost the title at Love & War, with Champagne grabbing the ropes for leverage, something he called instinctual and accidental, will Frankie get his title back, or will Champagne keep the strap? Will they play it clean, or will one (or both) try something underhanded? [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]NYCW Empire Title Steve Flash (challenger) vs Mean Jean Cattley (champion)[/COLOR][/B] Mean Jean Cattley has been on a tear since winning the Empire title from the legendary Sam Keith, beating Keith in a rematch, after which Keith left the company, then sending Rip Chord out of NYCW forever with a piledriver through a table. But perhaps no one has been on a hotter streak than Steve Flash, who beat Big Cat Brandon, Haruki Kudo, and Champagne Lover to secure a title shot, and then beat Jimmy Cox in a ladder match to keep it after his ex-partner turned on him. Will Steve Flash add another chapter to his legendary NYCW career, or will The Mean Machine take him apart piece by piece? [B][I]See how it all turns out... in the next update.[/I][/B]

[B][COLOR="royalblue"]New York City Wrestling Proudly Presents Kings of New York IV Live from Plum Park and across the nation on Pay-Per-View Crowd: 11160 Buyers: 8,834 (New NYCW Record, by about 1,000 buys)[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="royalblue"]Triangle Tag: John Maverick & Bryan Bruce vs G-Squared vs The Family [/COLOR][/B] John Maverick and a bunch of young up-and-comers started off the show, with Dickie Gellar and Tony the Tank starting off. Gellar's a good mat wrestler, and mixed it up well with Antonio, who had enough and tagged out to Bruce, who did an even better job of working with Gellar. The dance continued, with everyone tagging in and out rapidly, everything coming to a close at 8:44, with Gellar sealing the deal on Sammy the Shark with the Dickie Driver. [B]Winners: G-Squared Rating: C [COLOR="royalblue"]Arnold Jarrett takes the mic[/COLOR][/B] "For years, I've lived by the approach that fighting -- whether it be professional wrestling, mixed martial arts, boxing, whatever -- is a thinking man's game. It's less about violence, more about technique -- knowing where and when to hit someone is more important than how hard you hit them. The Insane Heat, he wants to get violent, go insane on me? Try it, buddy, I'll pick you apart piece, by piece, by piece." [B]Rating: C+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Arnold Jarrett vs The Insane Heat [/COLOR][/B] Even though MMA guys are usually poison to a Traditional-modeled wrestling promotion, Jarrett's charisma and in-ring ability have allowed him to bridge the gap, so to speak, and fit in pretty well with the NYCW Roster. Heat took control early, though, pounding Jarrett down, allowing him to make the obligatory babyface comeback, which he carried to the end, when he bridged a German Suplex to keep Heat down for three at 7:39. [B]Winner: Arnold Jarrett Rating: C [COLOR="royalblue"]6 Person Tag Knights of the Square Circle (Valiant & Squire Flemmy) & Joanne Rodriguez vs Alex Braun, Robert Oxford, & Barry Kingman [/COLOR][/B] The highlight of this match could have been Joanne coming into the ring dressed as a fair maiden straight out of Camelot. Once in the ring, they got right to business, with Joanne facing off immediately with her former bitter rival Barry Kingman, with whom she feuded a while ago in a feud that ended with Kingman losing a hair vs hair match. Joanne dominated early, but a tag into Oxford swung the tide in his team's favor. An open match progressed, neither side really dominant over the other, but the decades of experience on Braun's side won out, and the heels took it at 6:48, with Oxford making Flemmy submit to the OxLock. [B]Winners: Braun/Kingman/Oxford Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Hardcore Tag Team War Agony Inc vs The Animalz[/COLOR] [/B] Fierce, fierce action, just a wild brawl all over the place -- something that would be customary in DAVE, but is a rare diversion from the norm in NYCW. Chairs were thrown about, Brandon and Agony bled, and everyone is sure to wake up sore tomorrow morning, especially Agony, who climbed up some staging and jumped 10-15 feet, missing the mark when Brandon moved off of a table. Agony has been masked in a heel manager role, but they guy is an excellent brawler, has good basics, but is by no means an athlete. Once they were back in the ring, the double team on Everest was too much, as he succumbed to the Big Cat Pounce at 8:13 [B]Winners: The Animalz Rating: B- [COLOR="royalblue"]NYCW World Tag Team Titles Future Shock (Challengers) vs Esiaku Hoshino & Hell Monkey (Champions)[/[/COLOR][/B] While the brawling wasn't as furious as the previous tag match, these four brought the wrestling action to more than make up for it. Gellar made a note that Hell Monkey won the opening match at the very first Kings of New York, defeating Dickie himself. Marc Speed and Hoshino started things off, with Hoshi wrestling circles around him before Speed rocked him with a stiff elbow to the jaw and tagged out to Danny Jacobs. Jacobs took control for a while, but took a hellfire kick for a near fall. Jacobs recovered enough to make a despiration tag to Speed, who worked over Hell Monkey for a while before being brought to his knees with an elbow to the gut, then put away with the Hellfire Kick at 12:32 [B]Winners, and Still NYCW World Tag Team Champions: Esiaku Hoshino & Hell Monkey Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Nemesis promo[/COLOR][/B] The steamroller was carrying around a plain red football helmet, talking about how, for his entire career, Roland Hall was protected. "That's why wrestling is the ultimate contact sport, none of these," Nemesis explained, ripping the (gimmicked) facemask from the helmet and throwing it down. "Roland," Nemesis explained, "realize that in just a few minutes, you'll be out there in that ring with me, and there will be nothing and no one to protect you. [B]Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]NYCW vs NFL Nemesis vs Roland Hall[/COLOR] [/B] Can you say "brawl" kids? These two can, and did, not entering the psychotic levels Agony set as far as sick bumps, but the fierce punching and hard hitting action made this an incredible rumble. Hall's a little rough around the edges, but he had one hell of a dance partner, who more than picked up the slack. Hall got close around eight minutes in, getting a long two count on a flying shoulder tackle, but his inexperience got the best of him when he tried the move again, only to be caught by Nemesis in a powerslam, but even that wasn't enough to end the match. It'd take FOUR Nemesis Arrows to put Hall away in what was seen by NYCW fans as a match that, though he lost, legitimized Roland Hall as a wrestler, not a football player pretending to be one. Time of the match was 11:18. [B]Winner: Nemesis Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Battle of the Master Technicians Jimmy Cox vs Art Reed[/COLOR][/B] The battle of technicians started off with a surprising slugfest, won by the Japanese wannabe, Mr. Cox, who rocked Art with a right, shot in, and brought him to the mat, where he slapped on a choke sleeper, which Art escaped from, catching Jimmy in a grounded hammerlock. The mat wrestling kept on going, with this match being one of those rare gems that could prompt someone to ask "Is this a real fight?" Of course, it wasn't a legit fight, and any doubt of that was erased by the finish, which saw a ref bump and Jimmy Cox knocking out Reed with his Japanese flag for the win at 15:19. [B]Winner: Jimmy Cox Rating: A* [COLOR="royalblue"]Promo Time: Nevada Nuclear[/COLOR][/B] Nevada started with his usual antics, carrying around an unhinged door from a steel cage, dragging it behind him like a child would drag an oversized teddy bear. "We know how bad Scout wants to beat us... and we're ready to... NO!!! NO!!!!" Nevada stopped propped up, and ran full speed into the steel mesh, crashing head first. For good measure, Nuclear headbutted a wall a couple times after. "Much better," Nevada said, sounding surprisingly normal. "Scout, you think this is your big chance, but you're wrong. You're not coming for Nevada Nuclear... [B]I'm[/B] coming for you." [B]Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Steel Cage Showdown Scout vs Nevada Nuclear[/COLOR][/B] Nevada, who somehow is more psycho when talking normally, overwhelmed Scout to start, mowing him down with a clothesline early, then biting, gouging, and using the cage, so that Scout was shockingly busted open no more than two minutes into the match. The sight of his own blood energized Scout, though, lighting a fire under the three time champion, who came at Nevada with everything he had, even busting Nuclear open with a slingshot into the cage. Blood drove Nuclear into a frenzy, as he lunged onto Scout, scratching at him and pounding with clubbing forearms. Nevada's onslaught ended at 9:06, with a Mushroom cloud for a two count. Scout would rally back, capping it off with Danger Ahead at 12:14... for another two count. Both men wound up fighting at the top of the cage after that, where Nevada somehow picked Scout up, dropping him fifteen feet with a Mushroom Cloud for the deciding fall at 13:55, to the complete shock of many in the crowd. [B]Winner: Nevada Nuclear Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Champagne Lover came out next[/COLOR][/B]. In a "candid" moment, Champagne said that he loved to talk about his love for the ladies and how much better he was than anyone else. Tonight, Champagne explained, we'll get to see the real him. "Cuervo's gone back to Mexico, and Frankie, I hope I am better, but I don't know. We've worked together, trained together, traveled the world, and bro, you're one of the most talented wrestlers I've ever seen, and that's coming from the heart." There were cheers for that, the crowd really buying into Champagne. "All I have to say is this: Amigo, may the best man win." [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Champagne Lover vs Frankie Perez[/COLOR] [/B] Hard fought match, although the Kings respected one another, they brought the intensity big time. Perez worked the back hardcore, while Champagne went for the neck and legs, Mitch Naess noting that they're both setting up for their respective finishers. The ring psychology kept going for a while, Champagne going for a snap suplex, but his back was too sore. Perez proceeded to try to bridge into a Fisherman's suplex, but his neck couldn't withstand the pressure of the bridge. Perez tried to cap things off late with a flying forearm, but Champagne pulled referee Jez McArthuer in the way of the move. From there, any doubts of Champagne Lover's trustworthiness were removed, when he blasted Perez with a Champagne Bottle, putting him away to retain his title at 14:58. [B]Winner, and still NYCW Tri-State Champion: Champagne Lover Rating: A [COLOR="royalblue"]Champagne Lover looked down on Perez[/COLOR][/B] His champagne bottle in hand, Lover sized Frankie up. When Perez got to his feet, Champagne Lover charged... SHATTERING the bottle over Frankie's head, busting Perez open. With that, Champagne grabbed the mic. "Frankie, you are not a king! You don't have what it takes! You lose!" Not his best lines ever, but not bad after busting his hump for fifteen minutes. Frankie tried to fight to his feet, only to be knocked out by a shot with the Tri-State title. [B]Rating: B- Frankie Perez turned face, the turn went extremely well [COLOR="royalblue"]Mean Jean Cattley took the mic[/COLOR][/B] "Folks, I've been 'round NYCW for a little bit now, and I'd like to think I know a little bit about the things going on right now," Cattley started. "I've learned that Steve Flash, while he has all the talent in the world, will always let you down in the end. He blew it when Wolf Hawkins was in this company for a month, he blew it when he couldn't take the heat me, Frankie, and Champagne were giving him, and he is not going to take the heat tonight, he will crack under the pressure of headlining the biggest event in NYCW -- I won't, I've been here before, and I put Haruki Kudo down. Steve, he's all flash, nothing behind it." [B]B+[/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Main Event: NYCW Empire Title Steve Flash (Challenger) vs Mean Jean Cattley (Champion) [/COLOR][/B] The crowd was really into this one, as it truly had the feel of a match that'd cap off a year's worth of booking. Flash and Cattley started off with an amazing technical exchange, capping itself off with Flash slipping out of a headlock long enough to catch MJC on the back with a dropkick, sending the champion out of the ring. The match continued to be a game of technical one-upsmanship, with both men taking turns putting one over on the other. It took MJC ten minutes to dip into his bag of tricks with a Memphis Cradle, which only got two. That began a series of several nearfalls, including Cattley kicking out of the Flash Bang and Flash getting his foot on the ropes after being smashed with Brass Knuckles, both falls causing the fans in Plum Park to gasp with excitement. The real ending came at 18:39, when Cattley hit the Mood Swing, or at least he tried to, as Flash elbowed out, and delivered the Flash of Brilliance to become a two-time champ. [B]Winner, and NEW NYCW Empire Champion: Steve Flash Rating: A[/B] And that's how we closed, with Steve Flash holding the title once more. [B]Overall: B+[/B] I had the idea to turn Steve Flash face and put him over for the title right around the time we got TV. That's when Scout dropped the title to Eric Tyler, who would've held it through to now, where he would've dropped it to Flash. With Tyler's departure, Keith was plugged in as a transition champion, with Cattley slotted to take the title where he did. The buyrate was better than expected, as we beat Day 2 of the DeColt Wrestle Festival held a few days later, which was a disappointing card headlined by Jack DeColt retaining their World Title over Jon Jetson. [I][B]Up Next: Cattley invokes an automatic rematch clause, and faces Flash in the main event. Frankie Perez will have some words for us, and no doubt for Champagne Lover, and will also face Alex Braun. Also in action: Art Reed, Scout, Terry Agony, Roland Hall, and many more! [/B][/I]

First, a look at [COLOR="Red"][B]Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods[/B][/COLOR] I was going to examine NOTBPW next, as they're a driving force in pro wrestling right now, but first I want to look at economics. Strife over oil reserves has led to a worldwide recession, as people, particularly Americans spent more of their money on fuel and less on everything else. Japan, so reliant on the technological sectors, was hit harder than most, as their economy, and subsequentially, their wrestling industry, has plummeted (an F for each, and falling). The American Economy is finally starting an upswing, hopefully the wrestling industry will stop falling and hold steady (D economy, going up, B- industry, headed down in the USA). The Japanese recession has led BHOTWG to stall to the level of their rival PGHW, who match Burning Hammer for popularity in the US (all D's) and Japan (All B+) with BHOTWG still leading in the European Market. The recession led to talent cuts, with BHOTWG releasing Everest, Yo****ora Shigemitsu, Sessue Kawate, and Naraki Hitomi, as well as seeing Road Agent Elemental leave for NOTBPW. [B]Burning World Champion: Raul Hughes (def. Tadiyuki Kikkawa)[/B] The MMA legend has held the title for most of 2009, after ending Kikkawa's record shattering 9th reign (6 in game time, 3 in the CV title histories). Hughes and Kikkawa have traded the title 5 times in the past 2 1/2 years, with reigns by Bruce the Giant and Haruki Kudo sandwiched in between. Those four have had a stranglehold on the title for nearly 15 years, going back to Sam Strong's run as champion in 1995. [B]Burning World Tag Team Champions: The Rebellion (def. The Dogs of War - Tasuku Iesada & Yasunobu Masuno)[/B] The three time World Tag Team Champions have traded the belts with Iesada and Masuno since July of last year, when The Dogs beat Shimedzu and his unlikely tag partner, Everest. Who, strangely enough, once teamed with Masuno. [B]Openweight Champion: Tadakuni Toshusai (def. Yoshii Shiomi)[/B] In the Japanese tradition of feuds being a game of one-upsmanship when it comes to wins, Toshusai defeated Washi Heat to win the belt in late 2008, lost it to Shiomo in Dec. 08, won it back in January, lost it in February, and won it back in March. VENOM has been getting several shots lately, as has Dynamite Narahashi. [B]Burning Junior Champion: Sensational Dragon (def. Hyosuke Kokan)[/B] Dragon made a huge name for himself trading the title many times with 13-time champion The Awesome Kiyaru. That ended when Kiyaru's final reign ended at the hands of Kokan, who traded the title a few times with Super Joshuya before dropping it to Dragon. [B]Burning Junior Tag Champions: The Mat Mafia -- Marihito Masuko & Silver Shibanuma (def. VENOM and Kansuke Konda)[/B] This team, formed in 2007, has been dominant in the junior heavyweight division, holding the title for over a year over two separate reigns, a successful offshoot of the breakup between Shibanuma and VENOM. BHOTWG's main eventers include: Bruce, Elemental II, Hooded Kudo, Kinnojo Horri, Mike Watson, Raul Hughes, Tadiyuki Kikkawa. [B][U][COLOR="red"][SIZE="3"]Week 1, April 2009[/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/B] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="3"][B]NYCW Live![/B][/SIZE] [B]On Location in Huntsville, AL Crowd: 4028 Viewers: 78587[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="royalblue"]The Insane Heat & John Maverick vs Roland Hall & Scout [/COLOR][/B] Maverick started off with Hall, the crossover superstar, and embarrassed the poor football player, wrestling circles around him, just overwhelming Hall with superb technique. Maverick's dominance wouldn't last, however, as Hall would throw him into the corner, and slug him hard with a big left hand, bringing the stoic Canadian to the mat hard. Hall did a good job of playing Ricky Morton in this match, bumping for a while and falling victim to double teams until hitting a double shoulderblock and making the hot tag to Scout, who cleaned house completely, finishing off Heat with Danger ahead at 7:18. Mitch Naess noted that the last time Scout paired up with a brawler like Hall, it was one of the best tag combinations in wrestling: The New Wave. [B]Winners: Scout & Roland Hall Rating: C+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Terry Agony appeared at the entrance.[/COLOR] [/B] "Scout," Agony said in a hushed tone, "I come in peace. And I come because, as a fan of wrestling, I miss the real Scout. Not the Scout that tags up with football players, or the Scout who rushes to his girlfriend's aid, or the Scout who gets his arch-nemesis in a cage... and blows it." Scout advanced up the stage, looking mad as hell, Hall didn't bother trying to restrain him. "Wait, wait," Agony pled, "Scout, wait! I'm not trying to insult you, I'm trying to help you! Look what I did for Steve Flash -- sure, I tossed him by the wayside, but not before I gave him the confidence to make him what he is today. I can do the same for you Scout, I can take you back to the top of the mountain!" Scout stopped, and seemed to be genuinely thinking Agony's proposal over. [B]Rating: B- [COLOR="royalblue"]Terry Agony vs Art Reed[/COLOR] [/B] Back from commercial, and Terry was in the ring. This match was for a measure of revenge, given how Jimmy Cox stole a victory from Reed, with Agony's help. Agony snuck Reed while he was coming into the ring, beating Art down before he could even get a chance to step through the ropes. Reed fought back after about a minute, and kept going strong until the end, pinning Agony after the Art Attack at 3:57. [B]Winner: Art Reed Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Frankie Perez Promo[/COLOR][/B] "You know," Frankie started, in an understated tone, "It takes a lot for a man to admit that he's wrong, but that's exactly what I'm out here to do. For the past three years, I've been here in NYCW, taking every shortcut I could to get where I am. Just as bad, I've been ****y, arrogant, everything I was raised to not be. And it took a bottle being busted over my head by someone who I thought, I really, truly thought was my friend, to show me the error of my ways. From now on, Frankie Perez is about respect, honor, and being the best by hard work, not by shortcuts. Unless, of course, I'm dealing with one guy. Champagne, I have no respect for you, you have no honor, and we will meet again, I promise you that." [B]Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Alex Braun vs Frankie Perez[/COLOR] [/B] Frankie got a new look to go with his new attitude, with black MMA style tights that simply read "PEREZ" on each side in green and white. Braun got on Perez early, beating him down and going for a decidedly dishonorable chokehold. Perez forced Braun off and went to work, popping Alex with a few leg kicks before taking him to the mat with a running enzugiri. Perez would continue to dominate on the mat through the match, with Braun getting the edge when bringing it down to base brawling. Sweet science won out, however, when Braun submitted to the P-Clutch at 9:03. [B]Winner: Frankie Perez Rating: B- [COLOR="royalblue"]NYCW Empire Title Mean Jean Cattley (challenger) vs Steve Flash (champion)[/COLOR] [/B] Cattley came out with authority, coming at Flash with some unexpected brawling, pounding Flash to the mat, where he worked an armbar for a while, but Flash fought out, and put some distance between himself and the former champion, using the space to open up his attack, using a variety of kicks to keep MJC at bay. Cattley solved that problem by going low and shooting in with a double leg takedown, which he worked into a sharpshooter, with Flash getting to the ropes. The action continued, with the advantage frequently shifting from one man to another, ending when Cattley lifted Flash for a Mood Swing, but the new champion freed himself, going over Cattley and bringing him down with a Sunset Flip for the pinfall at 10:25 [B]Winner, and still NYCW Empire Champion: Steve Flash Rating B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Cattley popped out of the sunset flip, looking incensed.[/COLOR][/B] MJC went on to grab the Empire Title and a microphone. "Steve, I thought for sure a guy like you couldn't beat a guy like me twice in a row. Looks like I was wrong." The crowd cheered that. "Steve, looks like you're the better man," Cattley said, extending a hand. Flash accepted the handshake, with Cattley raising his hand, strapping the Empire Title around the champ's waist before leaving. [B]B[/B] [I]Mean Jean Cattley's face turn went pretty well[/I] [B][COLOR="royalblue"]Once Cattley was gone... [/COLOR][/B] A man in a red and white hooded sweatshirt entered the ring, knocking out Steve Flash with a chairshot from behind before driving knee after knee into the new champion's head. Making sure to keep his head down and turned away from the camera, the man lifted him up, driving Flash into the mat hard with a piledriver. The man then took off the hood, revealing... [B]Art Reed. [/B] [B]Rating: B[/B] [I]Art Reed's heel turn was a complete success.[/I] [B]Overall: B Next Update:[/B] [B][I]Art Reed, fresh after shocking the world by brutally attacking Steve Flash, faces the new and improved Frankie Perez. Esiaku Hoshino and Marc Speed compete in a dream partner tag, where both gets to select anyone from the NYCW roster, with Danny Jacobs and Hell Monkey excluded from contention, as they'll be in action when DJ teams with Nemesis to go up against Monkey and Joanne Rodriguez.[/I][/B]

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="3"]NYCW Showdown (Week 1, April 2009)[/SIZE] Seen across the US and Canada on The Pop! Network Crowd: 4028 Viewers: 78279[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="royalblue"]Terry Agony comes out to begin the show[/COLOR][/B] "Scout, the clock is ticking," Agony said, "I've extended you an offer that will bring you back to greatness." Agony got some boos for that. "I will mold you Scout, shape you back into the machine that you once were, but the time I have is very scarce." No sign of Scout. "Just a few days Scout," Agony barked, "This Thursday, NYCW Live, you give me a 'yes,' or you give me a 'no'. It's that simple." [B]Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Knights of the Squared Circle vs Robert Oxford & Barry Kingman[/COLOR] [/B] Valiant started off against the younger half of the Grumpy Old Men, Barry Kingman, and the two had a good exchange, mainly controlled by Valiant, who managed the throw Kingman off of a headlock and take him down with an armdrag for a round of applause. Things went downhill for the good guys when Robert Oxford came in, the crafty veteran worked over Squire Flemmy, systematically taking him down like a master of his craft, finishing off the youngster via submission to the OxLock at 7:20. [B]Winners: Robert Oxford & Barry Kingman Rating: C+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Arnold Jarrett had some promo time[/COLOR][/B] A.J. talked about one of the most important things in the martial arts world, and also in the wrestling world: the ability to capitalize on an opportunity. Jarrett noted that he hasn't really been able to do much in his NYCW career thus far, but he has a big opportunity tonight. Arnold acklowledged that he's a huge underdog against Champagne Lover tonight, but that this was one opportunity he wouldn't give up on easily. [B]Rating: B- [COLOR="royalblue"]John Maverick vs Scout[/COLOR][/B] This very competitive technical affair started off with John Maverick attacking the three time Empire Champion as he stepped through the ropes. Terry Agony, on commentary, noted that this was the same tenacity Scout had when he was great. Maverick remained in control while working on the legs, but lost out when Scout reversed a figure four leglock into a small package for two. Maverick rallied back to try a sharpshooter, but Scout kicked out, kipped up, and stomped on Maverick's head a few times for good measure before finishing things off with Danger Ahead at 8:28. [B]Winner: Scout Rating: B- [COLOR="royalblue"]Champagne Lover and Greg Richardson are talking backstage.[/COLOR][/B] Richardson, always one to have advance information on anyone and everyone, was spotted handing the reigning Tri-State champion a videotape. "Just watch this," Richardson suggested, "It's a fight from 2005: Arnold Jarrett vs Kanjiro Nobuanga, watch his knee: it's never been the same, never will be the same." Champagne Lover smiled at the find. [B]Rating: C+ [COLOR="royalblue"]NYCW Tri-State Title Arnold Jarrett (Challenger) vs Champagne Lover (Champion)[/COLOR][/B] Jarrett's first taste at a big match started off well enough, with Jarrett circling Champagne, working in some leg kicks and a few good punches before shooting in for a takedown. That was a mistake, as Champagne clasped on a front face lock and delivered some knees to the ribs. Jarrett would utilize raw strength to rally back, though Champagne used well placed clips in tandem with submarine tackles and assorted submissions to keep working over Jarrett's left knee, ending the match with a Champagne Breakfast submission at 6:44. [B]Winner, and still NYCW Tri-State Champion: Champagne Lover Rating: C+ [COLOR="royalblue"]It's almost time for the Dream Partner Tag[/COLOR][/B] Marc Speed is already in the ring with his chosen partner: Jimmy Cox. Esiaku Hoshino appeared at the entrance, asking the crowd who he should pick as his partner. A few people screamed "Flash," and one or two actually got it right, as Mean Jean Cattley's music hit, and one of the most hated wrestlers in NYCW history got a pretty solid pop after shaking hands with Hoshino. Cattley grabbed the mic, announcing that "The baddest man in New York City is gonna fight for the good guys." [B]Rating: B- [COLOR="royalblue"]Esiaku Hoshino & Mean Jean Cattley vs Jimmy Cox & Marc Speed [/COLOR][/B] Cattley started off, showing great fire, pounding Speed with a few solid rights before whipping Marc into the ropes, taking him over the top and out of the ring with a clothesline. Cattley would dominate until a missed blind tag to Cox gave the heels the advantage, which lasted for a while before Hoshino countered Speed's triple jump moonsault by bringing up his knees. MJC and Hoshi would stay on top with quick tags before Cattley put Jimmy Cox away with the Mood Swing at 9:45. [B]Winners: Hoshino & Cattley Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Danny Jacobs Promo[/COLOR][/B] Jacobs happily boasted that he was certain -- not hopeful, but certain that Hoshino & Hell Monkey's Tag Team Title reign was coming to an end very, very soon, maybe they won't lose to Future Shock, Jacobs acknowledged, but after tonight, Hell Monkey will be in no shape to live up to his half of the bargain. "Why? Because of me... and him," Jacobs said, as Nemesis walked into view. "I think it's time everybody remembered," Nemesis bragged, "that nobody produces pain, inflicts injury, and manufactures misery quite like Nemesis." [B]Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Hell Monkey & Joanne Rodriguez vs Nemesis & Danny Jacobs[/COLOR] [/B] Danny Jacobs started off against JRo, providing some science before Nemesis brought the pain, as once the Steamroller came in, he dominated Rodriguez until she tagged out to Hell Monkey, who only faired a little bit better. Jacobs came back in for a bit, to provide some good wrestling to compliment the sheer anarchy of a Nemesis match, but everything came to an end at 8:42, when Nemesis drove Ms. Rodriguez into the canvas with the Nemesis Arrow, giving himself and the self-proclaimed Future of Wrestling the victory. [B]Winners: Nemesis & Jacobs Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Frankie Perez vs Art Reed[/COLOR][/B] The former tag team and Tri-State champion with a new attitude faced the man who could be the greatest NYCW Wrestler to never win a title in the promotion, also with a new attitude. The stone faced Reed emotionlessly worked over Perez at the start, mixing in some underhanded strikes (eye gouges, shots to the throat, etc.) to go with his usual "pick a body part, break it down" approach, where he attacked the left knee of Perez. Frankie wasn't going to go down quietly just because of Art's new mean streak, however, and fought back hard, scoring a long two count to cap off a rally after a Tornado DDT. Shortly thereafter, Reed showed just how good of a wrestler he was, slipping out of the P-Clutch and locking on an STF. Perez escaped, but soon found himself in the Dread Lock, which was all she wrote. [B]Winner: Art Reed Rating: A OVR B+[/B] After his impressive victory over Frankie Perez, NYCW's championship committee has formerly announced that [B]Art Reed[/B] will face [B]Steve Flash [/B]for the NYCW Empire Title at our next Pay-Per-View offering, [B][COLOR="Red"]Revolution[/COLOR][/B]. Also announced: A Mexican Death Match between [B]Frankie Perez [/B]and [B]Champagne Lover[/B]: this one won't be over until someone answers a ten count! [I][B]But that's a few weeks away. Before that, we'll be Live from New York, where Art Reed will be given a live mic to explain his recent change of heart. Also, the Animalz are in action, then there are two big matches to cap the show off: The first seeing Mean Jean Cattley take on Nevada Nuclear, then Steve Flash defends the Empire Title against former champion Alex Braun.[/B][/I]

[B][COLOR="Red"][U][SIZE="3"]Week 2, April 2009[/SIZE][/U][/COLOR][/B] This week, we will take a look at Canada's premier wrestling promotion: [COLOR="red"][B]North of the Border Pro Wrestling[/B][/COLOR]. NOTBPW has, arguably, the most talented roster, wrestling wise, in the world. They also have a great mind calling the shots, as Torri Stone was deposed as booker shortly after the closure of Mid-Atlantic Wrestling, leading to the hiring of the legendary Rip Chord, who doubles as quite possibly the best Road Agent in wrestling as well -- not that their wrestlers need the help, most of NOTBPW's stars could work an hour match in their sleep, and never come close to repeating a spot. They've just gotten better too, luring Bryan Vessey away from PGHW, giving them two awesome Bryans: Vessey and Holmes. NOTBPW is quite popular in Canada (B's across the board) and are growing in The USA, where they have a string of C+ marks with a C in Puerto Rico. With their roster, they could probably expand into Japan rather easily. [B]NOTBPW Canadian Champion: R.K. Hayes (def. Sean McFly)[/B] Hayes ended McFly's 18-Month reign as Canadian Champion, as Chord is one of the few bookers who still believes in establishing title reigns. In fact, McFly's last title win ended a 10 month reign from Dan Stone Jr. Hayes, who had a one month reign that broke apart two Dan Stone Jr. runs, has been champion for about seven months already, and has been having some great defenses against McFly, who'll certainly be holding the gold again somewhere down the line. [B]NOTBPW Tag Team Champions: The Uprising: The Natural & Bryan Holmes (def. Whippy the Clown & Craig Green)[/B] Talk about a great tag team? Carvill & Holmes, the two time champions, are as good as any, and they're getting better with experience. Working together for the past two years, having especially great matches with Dan Jr. & Jeremy, as well as Dark Angel & Johnny Bloodstone. Again, the best group of wrestlers ever assembled could be right here in NOTBPW. [B]NOTBPW Unlimited Action Champion: Ryan Powell (def. Acid) [/B] One of the many CGC workers to head east, Powell wrestled the likes of Craig Green and fellow CGC defector Ed Monton early on, losing a lot before rising through the ranks in 2008, scoring wins over the likes of Brent Hill, Owen Love, and scoring tag victories over The Uprising and The Stone Siblings. The two-time former CGC Canadian Champion has only held the title for three weeks, and is already feeling the pressure from the likes of Acid and Duane Stone. [B]NOTBPW Young Lion's Champion: Harry Wilson (def. Stone Yoshikawa)[/B] Two-time champ Harry Wilson still isn't quite as good as Cliff, and at 28, probably never will be, but he's still a solid hand. Harry Wilson would be a big part of the card in say, 4C or CZCW, but with this loaded roster, this is probably as big as he'll ever get. [B]NOTBPW's Main Eventers Include:[/B] Dan DaLay, Dan Stone Jr, Ed Monton, Eddie Chandler, Jeremy Stone, R.K. Hayes, Sean McFly, & Victoria Stone. One other fun note. Since December of 2005, Victoria Stone, the ex-booker, has an incredible 49-0 Record. Though there's no women's title here, she has been the unquestioned leader of that division. The sheer dominance led to some people turning against her, but Rip Chord went with it, and she's one of the most over heels in all of Canada. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B][SIZE="3"]NYCW: Live From New York[/SIZE] Seen across the US on National Pride TV Crowd: 6,254 Viewers: 80,600 (Almost FOUR TIMES the audience we had when we started this show.) Arnold Jarrett vs Art Reed[/COLOR][/B] Jarrett tried to shoot in on Art in the beginning, but Reed would have nothing of it, repelling the attack and pounding on the former shootfighter. This match was all about Art, as he pretty much had his way with Jarrett from bell to bell, making him tap out to the Dread Lock rather easily at 4:40. [B]Winner: Art Reed Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]After his victory, Art Reed took the mic.[/COLOR] [/B] "Everyone wants me to explain myself. Explain my actions. I'm not explaining anything, but he will." Art's declaration led to a familiar face coming from backstage, stepping into the ring. Fans began to chant his name... well, his old name. "I've been told by lawyers that I don't own the rights to my name anymore, that it is the 'intellectual property' of my former employers, so you people may address me as The Swami," said the artist formerly known as The Guru. "And for a long time, you people knew Art Reed as a nice guy. A nice guy who came to work every week and wrestled well, and that was about it. Art Reed has impressed with his talent, but apparently that isn't good enough in wrestling anymore -- you can't just come to work and wrestle. Art learned that at Kings of New York IV, when he outwrestled Jimmy Cox, and still lost. And why did he lose?" "Because Jimmy Cox has killer instinct. So I called Art Reed, and offered to develop in him that same killer instinct, and in one week -- one week -- he went from a talented wrestler overlooked by fans and management alike, to the number one centender to Steve Flash's title. I think that just goes to show you that New York City Wrestling now belongs to Art Reed, and it now belongs to The Swami." [B]Rating: B- [COLOR="royalblue"]The Animalz vs Greg Richardson & Lewis Starr [/COLOR][/B] Yay! A Squash! Time of death -- 5:44, Cause of Death -- Big Cat Pounce. [B]Winners: The Animalz Rating: B Nevada Nuclear appeared on the video wall[/B] "Animallllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzz, We don't like Animalllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzz." Apparently, sane Nevada only came out for that cage match. "We had an Animal once... a little doggie, and it went away... it went away to the farm, and we missed it very much," Nevada claimed in ultra-creepy boyish tones. "But now we know Animalz are dirty, animalz are filthy... Animalz need to be destroyed." Nevada then proceeded to shake, working up into a violent convulsion. "Shut up!" Nevada barked, "I'm here because I proved at Kings of New York that I'm just as tough as anyone in NYCW, but there are two guys in that ring right now who claim to be the wildest, the toughest in the world. Let's see what your made of Animalz." Nevada stopped, then started twitching. "Yessssss... we will see. Yesssssssssssssss." And the creepy bar is set a little bit higher. [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Mean Jean Cattley vs Nevada Nuclear[/COLOR] [/B] Now that Mean Jean is on the good guys' side, he can have great matches with the other half of the NYCW roster now. Nevada had one of the best outings of his career against the revamped MJC, getting a lot of offense in early before the first Babyface comeback of MJC's career got a very solid response. Nuclear went for a Mushroom Cloud around eight minutes in, but Cattley escaped, leading to a wild series of moves, culminating with Cattley slipping out of a pumphandle slam and hitting a German Suplex. This one looked like it'd be a pinfall victory for MJC after he hit the Mood Swing, but that wasn't to be, as Alex Braun ran in and attacked Cattley at 10:09, laying him out with Braun Damage, leading to the DQ. [B]Winner, by DQ: Mean Jean Cattley Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Alex Braun took the microphone[/COLOR][/B] "I've been good lately," Braun ranted, "I know I can get on people's nerves when I call you idiot fans out on your actions, so I've been quiet, but tonight... tonight you crossed the line!" Braun laid the boots to MJC some more, "You people want to cheer him! You want to love him! I give you a wrestler, a man you can be proud of, and you shower Mean Jean Cattley with praise? What in the hell is wrong with you?" Braun paced around the ring like an animal, "I'll tell you exactly what's wrong, you need someone like me to put these false idols in their place. No problem. Jean, if you've got the guts, I'll see you this month, I'll see you at Revolution!" Mitch Naess noted that if Braun can pull off a win when we come back from break, that match -- if Cattley accepts -- would be for the Empire Title. [B]Rating: B [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]NYCW Empire Title Alex Braun (challenger) vs Steve Flash (champion)[/COLOR] [/B] It's always good to know that there's a main event good enough to carry a show waiting in the wings, and this one fit the bill. Braun hasn't lost much of anything with age, and Steve Flash has seemingly hit his prime in his early 40's, leading to an entertaining encounter that saw Flash get the advantage by using his speed, only for Braun to counter with some streetfighting, with both men going to the mat at different points, which generally led to a stalemate. The big story element here was a ref bump about ten minutes in, followed by a double clothesline. With everyone out, Mean Jean Cattley ran in with a Louisville Slugger, Mitch Ness suggesting Cattley may show his true colors and waffle Flash, allowing Braun to get the win so MJC could earn a title shot at Revolution. That didn't happen. Cattley teed off on Braun, hitting a home run, leading to Flash retaining the gold at 10:52. And at the top of the aisle, The Swami and Art Reed were watching, waiting (But not Wishing, sorry Jack Johnson). [B]Winner, and still NYCW Empire Champion: Steve Flash Rating: A Overall: B+ [/B] [B][I]Next time: Big edition of Showdown in the works, as Terry Agony has promised to deliver something that will make Agony Inc. better than ever, and yes, Scout will be in the building. Hoshino & Hell Monkey defend their tag titles against the Grumpy Old Men, Oxford & Kingman, The Swami has promised that Art Reed will be in action, and two other big matches, with former enemies Steve Flash & Mean Jean Cattley joining forces against Champagne Lover and Alex Braun, and also Nemesis squaring off with Frankie Perez. [/I][/B]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B][SIZE="3"]NYCW Showdown[/SIZE] Seen across the US and Canada on The Pop! Network Crowd: 6,254 Viewers: 82,503[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="royalblue"]Terry Agony starts the show[/COLOR][/B] Agony announced that he is ready to make Agony Inc. better than ever, and in an effort to do so, he called out Everest. Agony explained that he was in the process of securing a deal to bring Scout to the group. Before then, Agony explained, they had to do a little addition by subtraction. "Everest, you fat sack of crap," Agony yelled, "You're history!" Terry popped Everest, and the impromptu match was on. [B]Rating: B- [COLOR="royalblue"]Terry Agony vs Everest[/COLOR] [/B] Agony's attack continued. Everest tried to mount a challenge, but it just wasn't happening for him. After a little less than three minutes of being bit, kicked, clawed at, and pummeled, Terry finished things off with the Agony Inducer for the pinfall. [B]Winner: Terry Agony Rating: C+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Terry Agony took the mic again[/COLOR][/B] "Scout! We don't have any more time, we need to know where you stand!" Scout made his way out, saying that he thought Agony's propostion over, which got boos, and he knows that it wouldn't be the most popular decision he's ever made to join forces with Agony, but he didn't really care about doing the popular thing, which got some silence, some boos. "Yeah Terry, I got beat. I'm the guy who lost the big cage match, but the problem is Terry, I don't really think that Scout is a shell of his former self. In fact, I think Scout is still the meanest, toughest, son of a gun in NYCW. Sorry Mr. Agony, but I don't need your help." Terry didn't take things in stride, ordering Jimmy Cox to pummel Scout, and the impromptu match was on. [B]Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Scout vs Jimmy Cox[/COLOR][/B] Scout found himself at an immediate disadvantage, being grounded by Scout with a Japanese armdrag, which he chained into an over the shoulder sitdown armbar. Cox went on to chain that into a cross heel hold, and basically kept Scout at bay with some excellent American Puro. Scout fought back, countering that American puro with some honest to goodness wrestling, not to mention the brawling that has to be learned to survive and thrive as long as Scout has in DAVE. Very good match from open to close, the latter coming when Scout got caught in the Toyohashi Crab, only to escape, quickly take Cox's back, and secure a rear naked choke for the submission victory at 9:57 [B]Winner: Scout Rating: A [COLOR="royalblue"]Nemesis Promo[/COLOR][/B] "You know," Nemesis started, "I've seen a lot of guys come and go, and Frankie Perez, he's one of the good ones, a real piece of talent, and I won't take that from him, but he's got mush for brains, just like a lot of people. See Frank, you're not the first one to have this epiphany, just because someone burned you, that you should be a crusader fighting for anyone whose ever been screwed over. One bad thing comes your way, and all of a sudden, he's Mr. Honor. Frankie, there's no honor in wrestling, let me be the first to tell you -- this is a business of scumbags, of animals, and I'm not talking about those bums in the warpaint. It just happens to be your luck that the biggest, dirtiest animal this sport's ever seen will be standing across the ring from you tonight." [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]NYCW World Tag Team Titles Robert Oxford & Barry Kingman (challengers) vs Esiaku Hoshino & Hell Monkey (champions)[/COLOR][/B] Our tag champions were cheered by the younger people in the crowd, those who love the strong style, fast paced approach to wrestling, but some of the older, more cynical and set in their ways fans were behind the affectionately known Grumpy Old Men, who worked the slower, old school style which was still very entertaining. Hoshi battered Kingman to start, beating him into the corner with forearms, where he battered him with knees. Kingman and Oxford battled back hard, using every dirty trick in the book, but they were overwhelmed by the younger, stronger champions. The intrusion of Future Shock was too much for them to handle, though, as a Marc Speed distraction and a Danny Jacobs chairshot was enough to make Oxford and Kingman the Grumpy Old Champions. [B]Winners, and New NYCW World Tag Team Champions: Robert Oxford & Barry Kingman Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Hoshino grabbed the mic, fuming.[/COLOR][/B] "Future Shock, this is not the future! The future will not be controlled by dishonorable, shameful..." Hoshino really, really tried his best to compose himself "Pieces of (Too Hot for National Pride TV)!" Cursing Puro stars: Always good. Hoshino went on to apologize for his outburst, but maintained that he would have his revenge on Future Shock. [B]Rating: C+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Frankie Perez Is On The Mic[/COLOR][/B] And he directly addresses Nemesis. "Thank you for the history lesson man, and believe me, I know I'm dealing with a bad, bad man -- with a tough guy, and I'm ready for it. I'm ready to take on everyone in this company who gives the sport of professional wrestling a black eye. This isn't about me, this isn't even about what Champagne Lover did to me. The Frankie Perez everyone sees now is me realizing that I have a vision of what wrestling should be: a battle between two warriors, fighting with pride, fighting with respect. Fighting with everything people like you and Champagne Lover fight against." [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Frankie Perez vs Nemesis [/COLOR][/B] Perez took the fight right to Nemesis, going right after the veteran with a takedown, going for a bit of a ground and pound attack, but Nemesis threw Frankie off, then rained down punches on the 24 year old phenom. Perez kept things competitive though, using quick strikes, mixing them up with various throws looking like they came straight out of judo or another grappling martial art, which Nemesis seemed to have trouble reacting to. Frankie didn't fare well at the end though, setting up the Nemesis Arrow, which Frankie escaped from, grounding Nemesis and locking him in the P-Clutch, but Nemesis managed to power out, and this time, the Nemesis Arrow attempt was successful, finishing the match at 10:21. [B]Winner: Nemesis Rating: A [COLOR="royalblue"]Alex Braun & Champagne Lover cut a promo[/COLOR][/B] Champagne started by laughing at Frankie Perez's defeat. Braun said that Frankie reminded him of himself when he was younger -- young, idealistic, but stupid overall. Braun said that his idealistic visions of wrestling were crushed by people like Steve Flash and Mean Jean Cattley, who acted like they were as good and pure as anyone who ever lived, but got down and dirty when push came to shove. Champagne Lover added that he knew Mean Jean and Steve Flash well, but even in the days of Camp Chord, Champagne Lover outdid the rest of the group "Every day, in every way." [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Mean Jean Cattley & Steve Flash vs Champagne Lover & Alex Braun[/COLOR] [/B] Cattley and Braun started off with the fiery brawl, given that the two are feuding at this time, with Braun getting the better of him. Mitch Naess took the time to recognize that all four of these men have been Empire Champion at some point, and the first of the group to win that title, Champagne Lover soon tagged in, using his quickness to get an edge over Cattley, who wound up tagging out to Steve Flash. The champion wrestled like one, clearing the ring of the heels before a double team led to Flash taking a beating for most of the contest, up until making the hot tag to Cattley, who cleaned house, putting Champagne away with the Mood Swing at 11:20 [B]Winners: Flash & Cattley Rating: A [COLOR="royalblue"]Big Cat Brandon vs Art Reed[/COLOR][/B] Brandon, underrated when going up against Technicial wrestlers, took it to Reed to start, pounding the #1 Contender with punches, sending him outside the ring with a clothesline. Once outside, in Brandon's domain, Reed fought back with surprising ruthlessness, using a thumb to the eye combined with a chokehold. The match swung back and forth, but remained very, very competitive throughout. Brandon hit Reed with the Big Cat Pounce almost ten minutes into the match, but The Swami took to the apron to distract the referee, but that distraction allowed Nevada Nuclear, who apparently really hates Animals, to run in and deliver the Mushroom Cloud, which led to a pinfall at 10:35. [B]Winner: Art Reed Rating: A Overall: A [I]Next Time: With one week to go until Revolution, The Animalz are in action against Nevada and Alex Braun, Frankie Perez is in action, Champagne Lover defends the Tri-State Title against Esiaku Hoshino, and the main event sees Steve Flash teaming with crossover superstar Roland Hall to face Art Reed and Nemesis.[/B][/I]

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"][B]Week 3, April 2009[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] First, in honor of their recent ascension, let's take a look at the newest regional fed in the world, [B][COLOR="red"]Canadian Charisma Championship Combat[/COLOR][/B]. For a while now, I've seen 4C as sort of our little cousin to the North -- we share a lot of talent with them, and stand to share more in the future, which is fine by me -- it exposes some of our workers to the Canadian market who otherwise wouldn't get the face time without being on Showdown or PPV. Their rise to the next level was due largely to their successful Payback event held recently, which saw two NYCW vets in the main event, with Arnold Jarrett, who found a niche in the hybrid 4C style, defeating Scout to retain the 4C title. Since rising, they've tendered offers to Hell Monkey, Frankie Perez, and Marc Speed, but don't seem interested in bringing back Danny Jacobs, known there as Jacob Jett. [B]4C Champion: Arnold Jarrett (def. Clyde Martinez)[/B] No one has utilized rookies better than 4C, who has built most of their main event out of talented shootfighters who fit their style like a glove. Simulated shoots between the likes of Jarrett, the equally talented Clyde Martinez, and the incredibly talented Frank Luger (the latter two, in addition to their talent, have awful attitudes, but Jarrett's a class act.) Martinez has held the title twice, first beating former NYCW jobber Alan Parent, then beating Bobby Thomas, formerly of The Specialists tag team, which went kaput when Nate Johnson was signed by NOTBPW. [B]4C Hardcore Champion: Joey Poison (def. Canadian Gangsta)[/B] Joey, the head booker and former 3-time 4C Champion had the good sense to step aside for the three rookie shootfighters, but has found a niche in the hardcore division, where he has held the title for 14 months. Long title reigns are nothing new to this company: Air Attack Weasel, champion going into 2006, dropped the belt and was later let go, and new champion Brett Fraser held it for about 15 months before dropping it to the Gangsta, who set a low mark with "only" 9 months as champion. [B]4C Tag Team Champions: Scout & Joey Poison (won the vacant titles against Phenomenal Excess)[/B] Thug Life had the titles, which were vacated when Aaron "Hardcore Killah" Mustafa was released in a early 2008 talent purge that included Roger Rogers (Who left to do color for TCW), former Hardcore Champ Brett Fraser, the immensely talented Jacob Jett (Danny Jacobs), Calvin Dark, and Air Attack Weasel. Tag team wrestling doesn't really take precedent in 4C, as Scout and Joey have defended the belts twice in 16 months, beating shootfighters Frank Luger & Billy Russell once, and Luger and Duberry Excess the second time. [B]4C's Main Eventers Include:[/B] Arnold Jarrett, Clyde Martinez, and Scout. and now... [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]NYCW: Live From New York[/COLOR][/SIZE] Seen Across the US on National Pride TV Crowd: 6623 View: 79688 [COLOR="royalblue"]Nevada Nuclear was out to explain his actions.[/COLOR][/B] "Ever since the cage match, we've been.... we've been different. We're ashamed, very ashamed, we don't want anyone to think we are weird," Nevada admitted, to which Mitch Naess quipped "Too late." Nevada went on, "We want to hurt, we want to destroy, and the Animalllllllllz.... they hurt, they destroy. We need to be the best, the best at hurting......" Alex Braun walked into the shot, to add his two cents, "He may not be the sharpest tool in the shed," Nevada looked at Braun weird for that one, "But he's pretty damn dangerous if ya ask me. Brandon, Wolverine, we've danced this dance many times before. Let's see what the kid can do." [B]Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Nevada Nuclear & Alex Braun vs The Animalz [/COLOR][/B] Good brawl, as one would expect, with Nevada actually taking it to the toughest team in professional wrestling. Nuclear has done a good job in going from a goofy, but entertaining comedy act to being semi-goofy, but also good enough in the ring to get himself over as a legitimate threat to anyone he wrestles. Braun came in late to take bumps for The Animalz, including a Big Cat Pounce, but Nevada wasn't going to see his team lose via a pinfall, and broke things up with a chairshot at 6:50. [B]Winners by DQ: The Animalz Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Champagne Lover Promo[/COLOR][/B] Champagne came out to talk about what he called "two people he would like to spit on, unless they were on fire, because the spit may put it out" namely, Esiaku Hoshino and Frankie Perez. Champagne explained that he cut loose Frankie because he knew Frankie was weak, he didn't have the killer instinct, he just wants to be an athlete. "Frankie, what we do, it's so much more than athletics, and you used to know that." Champagne went on to boast that he was a better athlete than Frankie, and also a better cook, a better lover, and a better driver, for what it's worth. Champagne was also sick of hearing how Esiaku Hoshino is the best pure wrestler in the sport, "No, Mr. Hoshi, you don't get to be called that without tasting the sting of Champagne Lover." [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Frankie Perez vs Robert Oxford[/COLOR][/B] The veteran Oxford, who scored tag team gold for about the 4,000th time in his career, this time with Barry Kingman, faced off against 1/2 of arguably the greatest tag team in NYCW history. Oxford worked some old school wristlocks and throws to start, but Frankie quickly overwhelmed with his newfangled strong style offense, catching Oxford good with a few knees before putting him down with a Roaring elbow. The contest was finished on the ground, where both men were comfortable fighting, with Perez catching the veteran in the P-Clutch for a submission at 5:25. [B]Winner: Frankie Perez Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Esiaku Hoshino Promo[/COLOR][/B] Hoshino addressed Champagne Lover directly. "Champagne Lover, you are a man of many talents," he explained, "perhaps your strongest is your talent for telling everyone how talented you are." Hoshino continued, speaking slowly, but with great passion. "Champagne Lover, in Japan, this kind of boasting is considered a sign of weakness. When one says that they are going to destroy another, they are really trying to convince themselves. Mr. Champagne, you are a very talented man, and I cannot promise that I will defeat you, but I can promise that you will experience my POWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" The man can bellow as well as he can wrestle. [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]NYCW Tri-State Championship Esiaku Hoshino (challenger) vs Champagne Lover (champion)[/COLOR][/B] Put this match anywhere: SWF, NYCW, PGHW, UCR, these two could tear the house down for anyone, any night, using any style: they're that good. These two started as any two people would in a match that isn't actual competition, but a highly athletic simulation: they legit punched the ever loving crap out of each other... gotta love Strong Style. Champagne actually got the advantage over Hoshi, keeping the Japanese superstar grounded, and liberally driving knees into his shoulders. Hoshino fought back strong, but things seemed grim when Marc Speed of Future Shock showed up. However, Frankie Perez appeared to counteract Speed's presence. Lover noticed Frankie outside, reached out to take a swipe, but got punished for the loss of focus with an Explosion Suplex for the pin and the title change at 10:08. [B]Winner, and new NYCW Tri-State Champion: Esiaku Hoshino Rating: A [COLOR="royalblue"]Nemesis Promo[/COLOR][/B] The Steamroller was out next to lament the fact that he had to face Roland Hall again. "Here's a guy, right outta football, I handed his head to him no more than two weeks ago, and here he comes back for more. Roland, when's it gonna be enough punishment?" Good question, which Nemesis followed up with a segue, "and Steve? Poor Steve, everyone's got you in their sights now, champ, you're not going to be safe for a single, solitary second until you lose that title, my man, because if Art doesn't get ya... I will. [B]Rating: A [COLOR="royalblue"]Main Event Roland Hall & Steve Flash vs Art Reed & Nemesis[/COLOR][/B] Intense brawling to start between Art and Hall, though Art quickly changed it up, and went at the green rook with some technical wrestling, tying the former gridiron star in knots before tagging out to Nemesis, who pummeled Hall for a bit before asking for the tag to Flash. Flash did well for a while, but the heels cut the ring in half well and wore him down over time. Flash tried to mount a few big babyface comebacks, but the power and sheer tenacity of Nemesis coupled with Art Reed's scientific skills were just too much, and Flash took the fall after a Nemesis Arrow at 9:35. [B]Winners: Art Reed & Nemesis Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Joanne Rodriguez[/COLOR][/B] shot off some t-shirts to close the show [B]Rating: A* [COLOR="Red"]Overall: B+[/B][/COLOR] Puerto Rican Invasion Quick results Barry Kingman & Robert Oxford defeated Gregory Gibson & Dickie Gellar to retain the NYCW World Tag Team Titles Frankie Perez & Scout beat Champagne Lover & Danny Jacobs Art Reed pinned Mean Jean Cattley Steve Flash beat Jimmy Cox to retain the NYCW Empire Title [B][I]Up next: Robert Oxford & Barry Kingman's opponents for Revolution are decided, Roland Hall is in action, a tag-team Grudge match between Future Shock and Hoshino & Hell Monkey, Mean Jean Cattley takes on Jimmy Cox, then it's a tag team main event with lots of bad feelings attached, when Scout joins forces with Steve Flash to take on Art Reed and Nevada Nuclear.[/I][/B]

[QUOTE=BriFidelity][B][COLOR="royalblue"]Mean Jean Cattley took the mic[/COLOR][/B] "...(snip)...I won't, I've been here before, and I put Haruki Kudo down. Steve, he's all flash, nothing behind it." [B]B+[/B] [/QUOTE] Oh Bri, you know what would have been the perfect foreshadowing for this... [i]"Steve, he's all flash, no bang."[/i] And you've made great strides in this diary. The fact you're giving (at the very least) clipped comments for almost every interview means the characters are starting to take over and find their voices. Previously I knew who Nuclear was from his speech patterns, but no one else. I'm not sold on the Perez and Reed turns, especially with Reed's coming out of nowhere. (Think Vince Russo OMG Shocking Swerve~! RatingZ!) But his post turn explanation was good, especially with the introduction of the Swami. Bonus marks for changing his name but not his persona. I'd like to see more of that in diaries, because if anyone scooped Hunter Hearst Helmsley - chances are his nick would be either Jean-Paul Levesque or Terra Ryzing. The Indy guys, and legends, I can deal with - but full marks for that too. I'm digging Hoshino, but I feel less would be more. Less talking more... "POOOOOOOOOOOOW-Ah!" catchphrases. I'd like to see Hell Monkey (or a manager) carry the load of the interviews and then Hoshino with the POOOOW-Ah Phrase (or variations on that theme.) One final thing, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but you might have the oldest average age for champions of any of the Big(gish) Five in North America. Although for reasons I don't fully understand I'm totally digging the Grumpy Old Men. I think of them as the Cornellverse Version of the Hardliners (Murdoch and Dick Slater, or was it Dusty Rhodes?) Just Old Asskickers... who can still kick a young punk's ass. Continued success thru the trials and tribulations (which make a diary entertaining to me.) It's not how you do in the halycon days but how you deal with the losses of Chords, Kudos and Strongs that capture a reader's imagination. At least for me.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]NYCW Showdown Seen across the US and Canada on The Pop! Network Crowd: 6623 Viewers: 80009 The Swami opened the show, standing in mid-ring. [/B][/COLOR] Swami announced that his influence in NYCW began with, but would not end with Art Reed, the next Empire Champion. Swami declared that he had two other clients, the newest tag team to join forces in New York City Wrestling, and they were Cunning, Cutthroat, Canadian Cripplers: better known as C4 (hey, they want to share our wrestlers, we'll have fun with their name.) Out walked John Maverick and ultracharismatic prelim worker Greg Richardson, known as the master schemer. [B]Rating: C- [COLOR="royalblue"]For a tag title shot at Revolution C4 (Greg Richardson & John Maverick vs G^2 (Gregory Gibson & Dickie Gellar)[/COLOR][/B] C4, G2, this looked more like a game of Battleship than a wrestling match on the lineup sheets, but the homegrown talent (plus Maverick) turned out to be a pretty good combination. Maverick and Gellar started things off, with Dickie's wild inconsistency firing up again. Luckily, Gibson, who looks to be a BIG star in the future came in to clean house, making the mistake of tagging out to Dickie. Maverick came in, and went right to work on Gellar's knee, wrecking it for a while before securing a tapout to the Sharpshooter at 5:34 [B]Winners: C4 Rating: C+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Maverick and Richardson weren't done yet...[/COLOR][/B] After Richardson tossed Gibson over the top, Maverick grabbed a chair and brought it down HARD across Gellar's knee a few times before security and a few lower card babyfaces could clear the ring. Gellar limped out with a lot of help. [B]Rating: C [COLOR="royalblue"]Terry Agony has decided to live his live with a new philosophy: [/COLOR][/B] If you can't get them to join you, beat them, which is exactly what he announced he intended to do to Scout. The match had been signed for Revolution next Friday: Scout and Roland Hall, the two guys who the commentary team say work together so well, Agony mockingly noted, taking on the remainder of Agony Inc: Agony and Jimmy Cox. Terry Agony invited Roland Hall to the ring for what he called "a little preview of the pain to come." [B]Rating: B- [COLOR="royalblue"]Roland Hall vs Terry Agony [/COLOR][/B] For two gifted brawlers, these two just didn't mesh well together, as Hall was a little antsy about doing some of the sick, twisted spots Agony considers his bread and butter. Hall countered Agony's rudimentary bites, haymakers, and headbutts with low tackles, taking out Terry's legs whenever the opportunity arose, and showed that he is a wrestler too, hitting Agony with a few hiptosses and suplexes. Agony soon grew bored of this, grabbed a chair from ringside, and started beating Hall, earning a DQ at 5:57. Though Agony lost the match, the damage was definitely done. [B]Winner by DQ: Roland Hall Rating: C+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Tag Team Grudge Match Hell Monkey & Esiaku Hoshino vs Future Shock[/COLOR][/B] Hoshi came out with his newly won Tri-State Title, but Monkey was now beltless, and not too happy about it, and showed it, The Strong Style Superstars took the fight to Speed & Jacobs, pounding the heels with the vigor expected in a match involving a feud. Speed and Jacobs eventually rode out the storm, calming down and securing the edge, leading to some really awesome highspots involving Jacobs and Hoshi. This was was capped off at 9:18, when Jacobs came down off the apron to grab Hoshino's leg when he was going for a vertical suplex, leading speed to fall on the Tri-State champ, pinning him. [B]Winners: Future Shock Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Nemesis looks... happy?[/COLOR][/B] And for good reason, he's got his match assignment for Revolution, learning that he will team with Nevada Nuclear to go against the Animalz. "Now everyone has the idea that the Big Cat and his partner are unstoppable, mainly because I couldn't get the job done when I was teaming with a certain tub of lard that shall remain nameless. Brandon, you know better than most just how dangerous, just how bad I can be when I'm in the right frame of mine, and buddy, I am in the right frame of mind." [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Big Cat Brandon vs Nemesis[/COLOR] [/B] Ever since he recovered from injury, Nemesis has been everything I hoped he would be when I hired him, one of my best workers and THE best on the mic, bar none. This was as good of a brawl as most any, with two hard hitters who aren't afraid to be hit hard themselves. Brandon took the fight to Nemesis early, but the cagey veteran fought back with an equal fury, pounding the Big Cat to the ground. Of course, this couldn't last long until they took the fight outside, weapons were the next logical progression, and a double DQ soon followed, called at 10:24. [B]Result: Double Disqualification Rating: A [COLOR="royalblue"]Scout Promo[/COLOR][/B] Whether he admits it or not, we've been used to a kinder, gentler Scout in recent months, but judging by the sour expression, good old Scout was in the building tonight. "You know, maybe Terry Agony has a point, maybe I have gone a little soft, but Terry, don't be too happy that you're right, because it makes your job at Revolution ten times as hard, it makes Art Reed's job tonight ten times as hard, it's makes Nevada Nuclear.... well, it makes Nevada Nuclear a dead man," Scout said with a smile. [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Mean Jean Cattley vs Jimmy Cox [/COLOR][/B] Very, very good technical contest, with the American Puro star and the good, old fashioned dirty Southern boy trading holds very well for two guys who are relatively inexperienced against one another. Cox grounded the two-time Empire Champion, working over the leg with a few twists and strikes before Cattley got back up and employed a bit of brawling, firing away on Cox before dropping with an inverted atomic drop/S.T.O. combination. The match would go back and forth, staying surprisingly clean, with a Mood Swing to finish it at 9:33 [B]Winner: Mean Jean Cattley Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Nevada Nuclear is on Mic[/COLOR][/B] "Scouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttt... we're coming back for you Scouttttttttttt. This time we're no caged in like animalllllllsssssssss, no! We are not animals, we are men, men who beat other men up, men who win, men who you should fear." The Swami walked into shot, to simply add "If you're anything like me, this man makes absolutely no sense, but he's a tough, tough customer, and he's only getting tougher. Scout, Flash, you've got your worked cut out for you tonight, that's certain." [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Main Event Nevada Nuclear & Art Reed vs Scout & Steve Flash[/COLOR][/B] The DAVE vets Scout and Reed started this one off, with Art getting the early edge with a lightning fast knee to the gut, followed up with a swinging neckbreaker. Scout and Art went back and forth, then Flash was tagged in, leading to a wild brawl before giving way to Flash and Nuclear, who provided some solid back and forth. The finish came at 9:43, when Nuclear inadvertently clotheslined Art out of the ring in a double team attempt, then took the Flash of Brilliance from the champ for the deciding fall. [B]Winners: Steve Flash & Scout Rating: B+ Overall: B+[/B] [I][B]Next: We're Live from Huntsville, Alabama, where we'll have an 8-Person tag match featuring Joanne Rodriguez, The Grumpy Old Men, and more. Scout rekindles an old rivalry when he faces Alex Braun, and then Steve Flash steps into the main event to defend the Empire Champion against the only other man to hold all three belts in NYCW: Champagne Lover.[/B][/I]

[B][U][SIZE="3"][COLOR="red"]Week 4, April 2009[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] We begin by taking one of our trademark looks. Not at any one fed, but a look back at NYCW's own history, the history of the [COLOR="Red"]NYCW World Tag Team Titles.[/COLOR] The team of Wiley Coyote were the incumbent tag team champions, though I suspended the belt and rather quickly relased both Dynamite and Steinway as part of my youth movement. The belts weren't revived until April of 2007, when they were won be Cowboys and Indians, the team of Tennessee (Henry) Bennett and Ace Youngblood. Their reign would last about seven weeks, when they lost the belts to the slightly deranged tandem of Nevada Nuclear and The Insane Heat, appropriately known as Unstable. Unstable would hold the belts for two months before the dominant tag team in NYCW took the belts for the first time. Then known just as Camp Chord, Frankie Perez and Champagne Lover won the belts that July in a 3-Way with the champs and former champs Bennett and Youngblood. Frankie and Champagne would dominate the division until an upset victory made Cowboys and Indians two-time champs, though Frankie and Champagne, now using the familiar Latin Kings moniker, won back the belts about a month later. The Kings would soon find themselves former champions again, though, as they lost to former TCW Tandem The Fly Boys at Kings of New York III. The Fly Boys experiement failed, mainly because of Jimmy P's inability to do anything right, and the Kings were on top for a third time soon after. Reign #3 would last from April to June of '08, when young upstarts Marc Speed and Danny Jacobs, Future Shock, took the titles from the Kings for a two month reign of their own. August would see the Latin Kings win the titles for a fourth and final time, beating out Future Shock, but their last reign would be their shortest, losing a month later, in September of 2008, to the Animalz. Big Cat Brandon and The Wolverine, who looked like they were going to be world beaters in the Tag Division, could only muster a one month reign themselves, losing the titles to what would be a surprisingly dominant team, Steve Flash and Jimmy Cox, dubbed Flash N' Cox by their manager Terry Agony. Flash and Cox would hold the belts from October to February, where they'd vacate them after a bitter and violent breakup. A tournament would ensue, seeing a three-way final with strong style specialists Esiaku Hoshino & Hell Monkey taking the belts in a thrilling ladder match at Kings of New York IV. Future Shock, also involved in the ladder match, didn't take kindly to losing, and engaged in a bitter feud with the new champs. Though Jacobs & Speed couldn't unseat the champs, they helped Robert Oxford and Barry Kingman, known begrudgingly as the Grumpy Old Men, take the gold, and that's where we stand today, with Oxford and Kingman set to take on the brand new team of C4: John Maverick and Greg Richardson, under the tutelage of master manager The Swami. And now, onto the show. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B][SIZE="3"]NYCW Live![/SIZE] On Location in Huntsville, Alabama Seen Across the U.S. and Canada on The Pop! Network Crowd: 4328 Viewership: 80,881 Nevada Nuclear opens the show[/B][/COLOR] And, for some strange reason, he is dressed like a dog. Basically, there was a 6'3, 255 lb Pound Puppy in the ring. He explained, quite logically, that dogs chase cats, dogs eat cats, and he would chase and eat Big Cat Brandon, which is good, because when you're trying to build an audience for a show that has a rapidly growing audience, a good way to do it is by having a grown man dressed like a dog advocating cannibalism. [B]Rating: B- [COLOR="royalblue"]8-Person Tag Robert Oxford, Barry Kingman, Marc Speed, & John Maverick vs Arnold Jarrett, Hell Monkey, The Wolverine, & Joanne Rodriguez [/B][/COLOR] The Grumpy Old Men exchanged glances with John Maverick, who'd be on the other side of the ring with them in less than a week's time. Pretty good match, like most multi-participant tags, with each person getting in there, doing their best spots, then getting out of Dodge, like a hockey team changing lines. Not quite that formulaic. Kingman and Maverick took turns aggressively tagging each other, but things wound down once Ox was in the ring. Jarrett rocked him with a right, Monkey followed up with a Hellfire Kick, Joanne hit the J-Rocker, then The Wolverine finished off the festivities, giving the faces the win with a piledriver at 5:38. [B]Winners: Wolverine/Jarrett/Monkey/Rodriguez Rating: B- [COLOR="royalblue"]Mean Jean Cattley addressed Alex Braun[/COLOR][/B] "Alex Braun, you are an absolute fool," said the straight to the point former Empire Champ. "You attack me, attack me, because I have earned the fans respect. Down where I come from, the North Florida way of doing things, it's simply this: you go out, work hard, bust your hide, and you get respect. Now maybe these fans don't always like the way I do things, but they know when Mean Jean's coming to the ring, he's fixin' to leave everything he has in there." That got a pop, as fans were sick of booing MJC, and cheering him seemed like a release. "And knowin' me, knowin' I'm just a dirty southern boy at heart, I'll probably do something to make these people hate me again somewhere down the line, but even then: they will know that when you buy a ticket to see Mean Jean do his thing, best know you'll get your money's worth." [B]Rating: B- [COLOR="royalblue"]Mean Jean Cattley & Big Cat Brandon vs Unstable [/COLOR] [/B] Insane Heat and Brandon started off, with Heat lunging at him with headbutts, trying to use a battering ram-like style to repel the overwhelming power of the Big Cat, this unorthodox attack worked well for a bit, but not for long, as Brandon overwhelmed Heat with power, leading to a tagout to Nevada, who mixed it up well with Brandon, then exchanged holds with Cattley. Nevada tagged in Heat, who went for his Heatseeker diving headbutt on Cattley, missing, which led to a Mood Swing for the win at 6:34 [B]Winners: MJC/Brandon Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Alex Braun Promo[/COLOR][/B] "It's been said that all great men, at one point or another, will be misunderstood, and that's why I don't care when you people boo me," which got Alex boos, of course, "and I admit, that I was uncharacteristically rash when I went after Jean Cattley, but the fact that you fans are ready to embrace him and leave me by the wayside, I couldn't handle it." Braun instructed the camera to zoom into his face. "Jean, I see right through you, these people aren't smart enough to, but I know that you're a raging hypocrite, and I'll punish you for it in just a few days." [B]Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Alex Braun vs Scout[/COLOR] [/B] To add a sense of historical importance to this one, Mitch Naess noted that Scout's first Empire Title reign came to an end at the hands of Alex Braun, though Scout won the title back soon thereafter. Braun got the better of Scout early, pounding away with punches before expanding his arsenal with some snap suplexes and the like. Scout came back with armbars and a few solid knees, but lost the advantage when Terry Agony came out to scout well... uh, Scout, distracting the 3-Time Champ. The disadvantage came to an end when Mean Jean Cattley balanced things out, allowing Scout to hit Danger Ahead out of nowhere for the win at 6:34. [B]Winner: Scout Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Champagne Lover Promo[/COLOR][/B] "Frankie, you caught my eye a few weeks ago. You stood outside the ring, in a match you had no business being involved with, and it cost me my Tri-State Championship." Champagne, looking much more serious than usual, stared blankly into the camera. "Frankie, very, very, soon, we'll be in the ring with one another for a third time -- and I am 2-and-0. In the Mexican Death Match, where a man can't win until his opponent has nothing left, until the man can no longer continue: and I can promise you that will not be me, ese." [B]Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]NYCW Empire Title Champagne Lover (challenger) vs Steve Flash (champion) [/COLOR][/B] The big match of the evening featured the only men in NYCW to become Empire Champion, Tri-State Champion, and World Tag Team Champion at some point in their NYCW Careers. Excellent match to start, with a five minute long series of exchanges that got applause from the crowd, capped off with Flash hitting his old finisher, the Flash Bang, for a two count. After a little more excellent wrestling, the match finished off at 10:02, with Flash taking home a clean win with his Flash Of Brilliance vertabreaker finisher. [B]Winner, and still NYCW Empire Champion: Steve Flash Rating: A Overall: B+[/B] [B][I]Coming up: The final show before Revolution, where we'll see Scout and Roland Hall get a chance to tune up their skills as a team, taking on Future Shock. Esiaku Hoshino defends the Tri-State Champion against tag team top contender John Maverick. Mean Jean Cattley battles Champagne Lover And then it's a wild one, as The Animalz join forces with another Animal, Hell Monkey, to take on Art Reed, Nemesis, and Nevada Nuclear. As an added bonus, the person who scores the deciding fall in the 6-Man tag, as well as the one who does the same in Scout/Hall vs Future Shock, will be added to a Triangle Match with Steve Flash for the NYCW Empire Title in the final Empire Title match before Art Reed gets his shot at Revolution.[/I][/B]

It's fitting Adam, as Jimmy P. is the only person in game I have the "Hatred" relationship with, to go with Strong Dislikes from Alan Parent and Nathan Black, who were both recently fired. I do have loyalty from Ricky Turner, Bryan Bruce, and Esiaku Hoshino though. As for the previous comments about the age of our champions... yeah, it just worked out that way, and despite being one of the Grumpy Old Men, Barry Kingman, at 34, is the youngest champion in NYCW, he just has an old soul, I suppose. (FYI: Flash is 42, Hoshino is 35, and Oxford is a whopping 48 years young -- Nemesis, at 50, is the oldest active wrestler, though The Stomper has a full decade on him.) Anyway, on with the show. [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="3"]NYCW Showdown[/SIZE] Seen across the US and Canada on The Pop! Network Crowd: 4328 Viewership: 84,220 The Poison Brothers vs The Family [/COLOR][/B] Little bit of a change of pace for two teams who don't get too much TV tim, Mitch Naess noted that these two teams are jockeying for position in the tag ranks, which Mitch noted were heating up, as Gregory Gibson was allowed into the tag match, making it a 3-Way because of C4's attack on Dickie Gellar. Joey Poison and Tony the Tank (Antonio) locked up, with the Tank backing Joey into the corner, crushing him with a chop. Tony and Sammy the Shark beat down Joey for a while before the hot tag to Jackie Poison, who battled off both members of The Family, tagging in Joey to finish The Shark off with their Lethal Dose of Poison tandem finisher at 6:29 [B]Winners: The Poison Brothers Rating: C [COLOR="royalblue"]Gregory Gibson is standing outside a locker room door, looking nervous[/COLOR][/B] Gibson knocked, "h... hello?" "It's ok to come in," said a woman on the other side. Gibson opened the door, and Joanne Rodriguez was inside, looking great as usual in a tight NYCW T-Shirt and blue jeans. "What's up Gregory," JRo asked. "Well, The Stomper told me that I could get in the tag title match at Revolution, but Dickie's hurt, and I need to find a new partner, or else I can't be in the match," Gregory was full on muttering and stuttering, nervous as hell, "and I was wondering, well, if Scout didn't mind, I know you're not booked yet, and if it's not too much trouble..." Joanne gave Gibson a friendly tap on the shoulder. "Gregory, it's cool, I'll team up with you." "Really? Wow. Thanks!" [B]Rating: C+ [COLOR="royalblue"]Scout & Roland Hall vs Future Shock [/COLOR][/B] Good mix of styles early, as the burly Hall threw both of the smaller men around for a while before the heels ganged up on him and their speed became too much for the crossover superstar to handle. Scout came in and calmed things down with some solid chain wrestling done with Speed, before Danny Jacobs came in for some highspots. Things got intriguing when Esiaku Hoshino came to the ring, giving Future Shock their reciept from the Oxford/Kingman match by tripping up Speed, leading him to get caught up in Roland Hall's Scoring Drive (Running Powerslam) followed up by a Splash from the top from Scout for the pin at 8:45. The announcers played up Hall's humbleness and generosity, pointing out that he could have won it, but allowed Scout a shot at the Empire Title later tonight. [B]Winners: Scout & Roland Hall Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]Hoshino Promo[/COLOR][/B] Hoshino explained that the attack on Speed and Hoshino have gone beyond simple retribution. "UNDERSTAND THAT I DISPENSE JUSTICE! UNDERSTAND THAT THE POWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I POSSESS WILL BE USED TO PUNISH YOU FOR YOUR INDESCRETIONS!" Screaming Hoshi = Gold. Esiaku calmed down, and explained that in a few days at Revolution, he would punish Mr. Speed for everything he has done, but he understands that Future Shock are not the only ones that need to be punished. "Mr. Maverick, what was done to Dickie Gellar is inexcusable, and I will make you feel the same pain he did." Very calm, very serious, but not as fun as screaming Hoshi. [B]Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]NYCW Tri-State Title John Maverick vs Esiaku Hoshino (champion)[/COLOR][/B] Solid wrestling action, with two expert technicians in there. Maverick, directed by the Swami to attack the shoulder, did just that, with Mitch Naess noting that Hoshino had a history of shoulder problems during his days in Japan, and proposed that Maverick's partner Greg Richardson probably told him that. Hoshino fought back, but refrained from throwing lefts, selling the shoulder injury. Hoshino managed to fight through the pain enough to hit his patented Explosion Suplex for the pin at 7:28. [B]Winner, and STILL NYCW Tri-State Champion: Esiaku Hoshino Rating: B- [COLOR="royalblue"]Champagne Lover's turn with the mic[/COLOR][/B] The former Tri-State champion set his sights on all of his former stablemates in the old Camp Chord, saying that "The three of them have about as much brains as a donkey" before setting his sites squarely on his opponent tonight, "Jean Cattley, the only thing mean about Jean Cattley is the way he smells after a match." Champagne laughed at his own joke before turning very serious. "Frankie Perez, I'm getting ready to do some very, very mean things to you, amigo. Things that can't be seen on The Pop Network, brutality the likes of which you've never seen from Champagne Lover. Get ready Perez, get ready." [B]Rating: B- [COLOR="royalblue"]Mean Jean Cattley vs Champagne Lover [/COLOR][/B] Champagne showed off some of that fire early on, pounding on Cattley with a never before seen sense of aggression. Cattley took a while to get his bearings, but when he did, he calmly picked apart Lover, who took some seriously stiff forearms (no heat here, just making it look good) before getting dropped with some rolling vertical suplexes. Champagne, being no slouch in the ring himself, struck back with a great offensive flurry that was capped off with a Tiger Driver for a long two count. After a series of near falls, a small package took it for Cattley at 8:56, but Champagne snapped, attacking him after the bell, security separating him from MJC. [B]Winner: Mean Jean Cattley Rating: B (match) B (attack) [COLOR="royalblue"]Nemesis Promo[/COLOR][/B] The man who is experiencing the biggest career resurgance in NYCW this year could be Nemesis, who delivered the goods tonight, attacking the Animalz. "How many times have I seen this before?" Nemesis asked, "A bunch of big tough guys, the brawlers of the day, and they always take their shots at Nemesis. But you guys -- Brandon, Wolverine, you did something no one has done before -- you succeeded. You actually succeeded." Nemesis took a moment to stay quiet, "But as everyone can see, that was a different Nemesis, for reasons that are none of anyone's business. All you boys have to know is that Nemesis is back, and he's gonna steamroll those filthy, stinking Animalz at Revolution." [B]Rating: B [COLOR="royalblue"]6-Man Tag Art Reed, Nemesis, & Nevada Nuclear vs The Animalz & Hell Monkey[/COLOR] [/B] Very entertaining match that was mainly a brawl, save some of the spots where Hell Monkey was in with Art (and even Nevada, who has a solid ground game). Nemesis just bullied everyone until Big Cat Brandon went toe to toe with the Steamroller, the crowd getting hyped up for that encounter. What this match lacked in length it made up for with nonstop action and sheer brutality, coming to an end at 5:51, when Art & Nemesis paired off with the Animalz, leading Nuclear to grab a handful of tights on Hell Monkey in a flash pin to secure a berth in the upcoming main event. Unfortunately, the Radioactive Wrecking Machine only had the commercial break to rest between matches. [B]Winners: Reed/Nemesis/Nuclear Rating: B+ [COLOR="royalblue"]NYCW Empire Title: Triangle Match Scout vs Nevada Nuclear vs Steve Flash[/COLOR][/B] Mitch Naess talked about the real championship advantage here being that Flash didn't have to wrestle to qualify for this match, though Dickie Gellar pointed out that he had a disadvantage in that he didn't have to lose the fall to lose the match. Very good match, with Nevada Nuclear hanging with Flash and Scout, who at this point are about 348 different kinds of awesome. Of course, there was a lot of brawling between Scout and Nevada -- just because that feud isn't prominent doesn't mean they're going to be best friends now. Nevada's zealousness in pursuing Scout cost him in the end, as Scout DDTed Flash, then went to the top, only for Nuclear to come up to top, brawl with Scout, and toss him to the floor. This gave Flash enough time to score with a Splash Mountain Powerbomb for the deciding fall at 10:17 [B]Winner, and still NYCW Empire Champion: Steve Flash Rating: A OVR: B+ [I]A good show, but hopefully the next show is better. In the next update, we preview Revolution.[/B][/I]

Let's look a little closer at some of the matches announced for [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"][B]Revolution[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE], only on Pay-Per-View. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]NYCW Tag Team Titles C4 (John Maverick and Greg Richardson) vs Gregory Gibson & Joanne Rodriguez vs Robert Oxford & Barry Kingman(c)[/B][/COLOR] The Grumpy Old Men ready for a big title defense, doing so against The Swami's team of Canadians, who lived up to the "Cunning, Cutthroat, Cripplers" portion of their name by putting Dickie Gellar on the shelf after defeating G-Squared to earn a spot in this match. NYCW Owner The Stomper decided that to punish C4, Gregory Gibson would also be allowed to enter this title match, with a partner of his choosing, with Gibson nervously opting for former NYCW Tri-State Champion Joanne Rodriguez. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Danny Jacobs vs Hell Monkey[/B][/COLOR] These two have feuded on opposing sides of a tag team war, but now meet mano a mano. Hell Monkey has been all over the world, wrestling the best of the best of every style, while Danny Jacobs has come to America from his native Canada to prove that he is the future of the wrestling industry, a win over a veteran like Hell Monkey would go a long way in proving that. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Scout & Roland Hall vs Terry Agony & Jimmy Cox[/B][/COLOR] The first team in this match are both coming off disappointing losses at Kings of New York IV, with Roland Hall being humbled by Nemesis and Scout's shocking loss in the upset of the year to Nevada Nuclear. Agony considered a low point after losing to Nevada, and offered him a spot in Agony Inc, to "make" him like he "made" Steve Flash. Scout declined, but Terry Agony doesn't take being turned down well, which has led to this showdown, which features two of the best brawlers in NYCW, each one teaming up with one of the best technicians in the company. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]NYCW Tri-State Championship Marc Speed vs Esiaku Hoshino(c)[/B][/COLOR] Just a week after Future Shock cost Hoshino & Hell Monkey the tag titles, Hoshi answered back by winning the Tri-State title, but things got tilted back in Future Shock's favor soon enough, as they defeated Hoshino & Hell Monkey in a tag team grudge match. Speed scored the pin on Hoshino, leading to this match, where another win for the Speedball will see him capture singles gold. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Alex Braun vs Mean Jean Cattley[/B][/COLOR] Mean Jean Cattley, upon losing to Steve Flash in the Empire Title rematch, Cattley shook hands with Flash. That show of respect was enough to sway the fans in Cattley's favor, which did NOT sit well with Braun. A savage attack on Cattley led them to this, a showdown between two former NYCW Empire Champions, with the winner moving forward in the chase to take on Steve Flash, Cattley looking for another rematch, Braun aiming to show he is still a major player in NYCW. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Nemesis & Nevada Nuclear vs The Animalz[/B][/COLOR] The Steamroller and The Psycho have united, but are they a strong enough tandem to repel the most dominant force in Tag Team wrestling? Nevada and Nemesis have a lot of momentum, both men scoring impressive victories at Kings of New York IV against Scout and Roland Hall, respectively, but the question still needs to be asked: Can anyone stop Big Cat Brandon & The Wolverine? [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Mexican Death Match Champagne Lover vs Frankie Perez[/B][/COLOR] The rules are simple: No DQ's, No Countouts, and not only do you have to beat your opponent, they have to stay down for the ten count afterward. It's a come as you are street fight, and the only way to resolve the issues between these two. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]NYCW Empire Title Art Reed vs Steve Flash(c)[/B][/COLOR] Before the first Live TV show of the month, Art Reed wouldn't have shown up on the radar as a potential challenger to Steve Flash, but here he is, and that is due in no small part to The Swami. Formerly known as The Guru, Swami took control of Art Reed's career, and did so by ensuring that everyone noticed Art by instructing the Canadian Superstar to attack new champion Steve Flash. Reed did so, and has been dominant ever since. A lot of experts are saying that Art Reed finally has the killer instinct to go with his incredible skill, others say that 2009 is Steve Flash's year, and will continue to be. Who's right? Who will win? [B]Find out when the Revolution continues, only on Pay-Per-View. Until then, thoughts, comments, and predictions are welcome.[/B]

[B]C4 (John Maverick and Greg Richardson) [/B] vs Gregory Gibson & Joanne Rodriguez vs Robert Oxford & Barry Kingman(c) - Oxford and Kingman haven't done much for me as champs, while C4 seem to have the momentum. Gibson and Joanne are wildcards, and I have a feeling that you're going somehwere else with this pairing. [B]Danny Jacobs[/B] vs Hell Monkey - Jacobs needs a win to show he can survive outside the tag ranks, and losing won't hurt Monkey at all. Scout & Roland Hall vs [B]Terry Agony & Jimmy Cox[/B] - This story isn't finished yet, and having the heels go over cheaply is a good way to continue events. Marc Speed vs [B]Esiaku Hoshino(c)[/B] - Hoshino is good value as champ, and I expect Speed to bounce back from defeat to take the belt in the near future. [B]Alex Braun[/B] vs Mean Jean Cattley - A tough decision, as Cattley stands to lose a lot of momentum if he gets beaten again, but this is another storyline with a lot of legs left in it. Nemesis & Nevada Nuclear vs [B]The Animalz[/B] - This story seems set for a conclusion. I can't help but feel that Nemesis is way too big a star for a permanent team with Nevada. Champagne Lover vs [B]Frankie Perez[/B] - The obvious choice. Probably means it's wrong... Art Reed vs [B]Steve Flash(c)[/B] - Too soon for Flash to drop the belt, but Reed will survive to fight another day. Still loving the diary - Maybe the best on the board.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
See? Real soon. Here it is, better late than never. [SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]New York City Wrestling Proudly Presents: Revolution[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Live! From Plum Park And available across the U.S. and Canada on Pay-Per-View Crowd: 11,400 Buys: 10,909[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]The Intercontinental Connection (Lewis Starr & Bryan Bruce) vs The Poison Brothers [/COLOR][/B] The connection's getup has to be seen to be believed: shiny silver pants, with a matching vest, spiked up hair and oversized sunglasses. The Canadian Starr started off with Joey Poison with good results, Starr showing no signs of damager due to the broken ribs he suffered a while back. Good wrestling action, with with all the time available on PPV, they really had time to stretch their legs a bit. Decent wrestling, though the heat wasn't there, and that made it suffer a bit. The Brothers took the win after hitting Bruce with a Double Shot of Poison at 7:57 [B]Winners: The Poison Brothers Rating: C[/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]4-Way Mayhem Sammy the Shark vs Ace vs Arnold Jarrett vs The Insane Heat[/COLOR][/B] Welcome to the "we had nothing else for these guys to do but still wanted to get them on the card" match. I know, too long to fit on the advertisements, isn't it? Short and violent, Heat and Jarrett quickly established themselves as the dominant forces in the match, though Sammy and Ace did get some limited offense. The finish came down at 4:51, when Heat and Ace paired off with one another, and Jarrett was able to secure a Triangle Choke on Sammy (who is now fully recovered from a busted eardrum) for a submission win. [B]Winner: Arnold Jarrett Rating: C[/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Danny Jacobs vs Hell Monkey[/COLOR][/B] The first singles match from our big tag feud saw Jacobs using his lightning quick offense to throw Hell Monkey off of his game pretty bad, with the self-proclaimed Future of Wrestling beating down on his masked rival pretty handily. Obligatory babyface comeback four minutes in, as some kicks were placed with sniper-like precision, leading to a single arm DDT and a two count. An amazing spot came late, as Monkey countered an attempt at a shooting star Bodypress, which Jacobs brazenly attempted while Monkey was still standing, with a dropkick to the face, eliciting a lot of oohs and ahhs. Jacobs was able to score a flash pin out of nowhere, however, pinning Hell Monkey at 9:57 after ducking the Hellfire Kick and hitting his Prodigizer. [B]Winner: Danny Jacobs Rating: B-[/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Alex Braun was up next with a promo.[/COLOR][/B] "It's time I come to terms with something," a somber Alex Braun started, "and that's that I am 47 years old." A wrestler coming to grips with their age -- shocking. "I was standing in the back, watching Danny Jacobs do his thing, and that kid, he's the future, I swear it. He's young enough to be my son and I see him coming out here and doing things I could never do. It really amazes me, and it makes me think that maybe my time is up in this business. Maybe its time for me and my people -- and judging by the responses I get, there aren't too many of ya' left -- to ride off into the sunset." Braun looked out amongst the crowd, most of whom were applauding Braun. "You'd like that, wouldn't ya," the former Empire Champion said with a sneer, "you'd love to see me walk out with my tail between my legs, well it's not going to happen. I may not be the youngest, I may not have the best skills, but the Ice Man still has something in the tank, and if you don't believe that, just wait and see what I do to Jean Cattley tonight." [B]Rating: B-[/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]NYCW World Tag Team Titles C4 (John Maverick & Greg Richardson) vs Gregory Gibson & Joanne Rodriguez vs Robert Oxford & Barry Kingman (c)[/COLOR][/B] Take a little youth (The two Gregs) some veterans in their prime (Mav, JRo, and even Kingman, who hasn't hit 40 yet) and a vet who still has it (Ox) and you get a pretty good tag team match. No surprise there, as Oxford has been putting on very good tag matches when some of our roster were still wearing diapers including 19 year old Gregory Gibson. JRo and Maverick started off with a very nice mat wrestling clinic, and were joined by Ox, who could chain wrestle a mannequin. Pandemonium at the end, when all six participants were in the ring at once, leading to referee Dewey Libertine trying to get everyone but the legal wrestlers (Maverick and Rodriguez) out of the ring. This led to the Swami throwing a fireball (!) at Rodriguez, leading to the pin, the win, and the titles at the 7:38 mark. Mitch Naess spoke over a speechless Dickie Gellar, proclaiming C4 to be heartless, but efficient. Joanne covered her face until being surrounded by officials, who threw wet towels over her, selling the injury. [B]Winners, and new NYCW World Tag Team Champions: C4 Rating: B-[/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]NYCW Tri-State Title Marc Speed (Challenger) vs Esiaku Hoshino (Tri-State Champion)[/COLOR][/B] Very hard fought contest, with Speed proving that he could run with the big dogs, and Hoshi giving him everything he had as well. Speed took control early on with a stick and move attack, not letting the master grappler take hold of him. Unfortunately for the Speedball, he was caught eventually, and dropped hard with an Ocean Cyclone Suplex for a close two count. Marc Speed took over late, thanks to some timely interference from Danny Jacobs, who was subsequentially chased off by Hell Monkey, and Speed capitalized with a Triple Jump Moonsault for another razor close two. More back and forth, ending at 9:31, when Hoshino's Explosion Suplex finished everything. [B]Winner, and still NYCW Tri-State Champion: Esiaku Hoshino Rating: B[/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Nemesis & Nevada Nuclear split their promo slot.[/COLOR][/B] The revamped, renergized, and recovered Nemesis took charge first, saying that his partner tonight may seem a little off, he's as weird as they get, but he proved at Kings of New York IV that he was as tough as anyone in professional wrestling today, present company excluded. Nevada walked into the shot, a wicked grin over his face. "We're coming for you Brandon, we're coming for you Wolverine..." was all N to the second power said, eerily saying it over and over again. Good stuff. [B]Rating: B+[/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Terry Agony was next on the mic.[/COLOR][/B] "There comes a time in every man's life when he is faced with a decision," Agony stated, "you have to decide whether you will stay where you are, doing what you've always done, or if you will excel in life. At first, I thought that tonight was about Scout making that decision, but it's not: It's about me," Agony declared. "I am not staying where I am, standing on the side, not wanting to get too involved in the action. Tonight, you see Terry Agony the wrestler, Terry Agony the man, Terry Agony the instrument of destruction." [B]Rating: B[/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Terry Agony & Jimmy Cox vs Scout & Roland Hall[/COLOR][/B] Two of the best brawlers in American wrestling, two master technicians, put it all together, and it's a surprisingly good match. Agony and Scout mixed it up to start off, with Scout being overwhelmed by a flurry by the incredibly aggressive Agony. Terry tagged out to Cox, who worked the mat a while with Scout, who wound up getting the better of Jimmy before tagging out to Hall, who tackled Cox around the ring for a while before a blind tag from Agony brought him in with a vicious attack, as he scratched away and just all out pummeled the former NFL star. Hall was beaten around for a while before tagging out to Scout, who responded quickly and viciously to Agony, showing a mean streak of his own before putting Terry away with Danger Ahead at 8:38. [B]Winners: Scout & Roland Hall Rating: A[/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]The Animalz vs Nemesis & Nevada Nuclear[/COLOR][/B] While the previous match was a classic example of different styles meshing to create something good, this was a little less high concept, and more a knock down, drag out brawl. Lots of slugging, outside fighting, brawling, blood, the whole nine yards. Nuclear held his own with the DAVErs, taking and giving his fair share of stiff weapon shots. Referee Jez McArthuer settled things down after a while, and a hard-hitting tag match ensued, ending with The Wolverine finding himself planted in the ring, losing clean to the Nemesis Arrow at 13:38. [B]Winners: Nemesis & Nevada Nuclear Rating: B+[/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Champagne Lover is backstage to talk about Frankie Perez[/COLOR][/B] Champagne, looking much less casual than usual, stared for a while before starting to talk. "We were kings," Champagne started, "We had a few losses, we had many, many wins, but no matter what, we were the tag team division of NYCW, but one thing sent it all away, it can be summed up in two little words: el campeon, the champion. Frankie, he had a belt, and I didn't, and, because of that machismo, that passion I have for this, I couldn't handle that. Frankie, mi amigo, you have to learn that whatever it takes, whatever I have to sacrifice, and whatever throat I have to cut to get to the top, it's not a problem. And tonight, tonight you learn just how far Champagne Lover will go to be the best. [B]Rating: B+[/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Mean Jean Cattley vs Alex Braun[/COLOR][/B] The improbable babyface Cattley found himself at a disadvantage early, as he found himself on the receiving end of a vicious onslaught from Braun, who was fighting with incredible vigor. Cattley managed to ride out the storm, and used some of his scientific skills to keep the incredibly tenacious Braun at bay. Cattley's science was not enough, however, to avoid Braun Damage at the 12 minute mark, but MJC did have enough toughness to kick out at 2 and a half. Braun continued to dominate though, and put Cattley through hell before a Mood Swing out of nowhere ended the day for Braun with a flash pin at the 14:30 mark. Braun looked discouraged, but the announcers put over his performance as gutsy. [B]Winner: Mean Jean Cattley Rating: B[/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Frankie Perez Promo[/COLOR][/B] "Champagne, we know in this world of ours, that there are some nights when you step into the ring, knowing that the stakes are high, that the danger is very, very present. Frankie, I know I'm not going home to East L.A. the same man I was when I left, just like I know that when you're flying back to Mexico, you'll be doing it less of a man then when you flew into town. We both know that this is more than a match. This is a fight, a war, and neither one of us will ever be the same. I'm just hoping I take a little more out of you than you take out of me." Perez, definitely a star ready to shine bright, really sent it home right there. [B]B+[/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Mexican Death Match Champagne Lover vs Frankie Perez[/COLOR][/B] Emotion, bad feelings, and buckets of blood: this is how you cap off a feud kids. Frankie and Champagne forgot their technical wizardry in favor of a brutal fight early on, and Perez was the first to bleed around four minutes in, after being launched face-first into the ringpost with a slingshot. Frankie opened the floodgates on Champagne with a few well placed elbow strikes not much later. The brutality continued, though some actual wrestling was thrown in as well, albeit with weapon shots and other assorted brutality. It was hard to finish, as someone had to be put out and then go down for the ten count. Frankie did this by Slapping on the P-Clutch at fifteen minutes, and not letting go, despite Champagne's fervent taps, with Dickie Gellar pointing out that he couldn't be disqualified. After feeling that Champagne had suffered enough, Frankie flipped him over, and pinned him. Champagne tried to answer the ten count, but the P-Clutch had rendered him unable to stand for the ten count. Time of match: 18:34. [B]Winner: Frankie Perez Rating: A[/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]The Swami appeared backstage with Art Reed[/COLOR][/B] Art did the silent heel thing perfectly -- it's amazing how the nicest guys have the best menacing stares, and that's Art to a T. Swami did the talking, and did it well. "Steve Flash, the last time you were champion, you had the unfortunate distinction of stepping in the way of a revolution. Camp Chord was taking over, and you were just in the way. And who did you lose to? Wolf Hawkins? Steve, I know Wolf Hawkins, and let me assure you that Art Reed is better in every way, you'll learn that soon enough. Steve, you're the unluckiest champion ever, my friend, because once again, you're standing in the way of a revolution: MY REVOLUTON!" [B]Rating: B-[/B] [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]NYCW Empire Title Art Reed (Challenger) vs Steve Flash (Champion)[/COLOR][/B] These two could work a great match in their sleep, so no worries there. Art's brutality was showcased early, with Flash being dominated early on, not because of any lack of effort, but because Reed just had an answer for everything thrown at him. Flash finally made it competitive about five minutes in, answering Reed's superior technique with some good old down and dirty brawling, Which Mitch Naess speculated Art and The Swami didn't gameplan for. Steve's plans almost came to fruition about ten minutes in, when the Flash Bang earned a razor-close two count. That seemed to just wake Art Reed up, however, and the Canadian Wrestling Machine fought back hard, taking Flash down often, finally slapping on the Dread Lock about sixteen minutes into the match. Flash fought, his hand hovered, debating whether tapping was the only way to save his career. Flash decided that it'd be better to go for the ropes, and earned an escape that way. Flash battled back hard, and it was neck and neck until the very end, when Flash spun out of the Art Attack, locked arms with Reed, then planted him with the Flash of Brilliance, leading to the pinfall and title retention at 19:39. [B]Winner, and still NYCW Empire Champion: Steve Flash Rating: A[/B] [B]Overall: A[/B] And at the end of the show, everyone was treated to a commercial, where The Stomper had a special announcement. [B]"Fans, I'd like to announce that you have seen the final card promoted under the banner of New York City Wrestling. Stay tuned this Friday, live on National Pride TV, for the debut of the Empire Pro Wrestling."[/B] We may still be considered a cult phenomenon, but it's time to leave New York behind, and try to take over the world.

Archived