Tna?

GatorBait19

Is it me or is the new storyline between the Main-event and the originals remind you of something, say New Breed vs the ECW Originals, or the millionaire club vs the new blood near the end of WCW I mean is TNA going down hill, this storyline could work out great if they do it right and push some midcarders to the main event scene i.e Alex Shelly

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont forget that Vince Russo was the forerunner for the Millionares Club vs The New Blood. I think this stems directly from his head. Now dont get me wrong, this could be done very well if handled right. You have some of the greatest talent in the world in the Main Event Mafia. I'm not just talking in-ring (though they do have some of that in Kurt, Booker and to some extend Sting), but also in the entertainment department. So far I think it has been done right. Just the other night you had Joe and AJ beat Nash and Sting cleanly and the Abyss / Angle match was well put together. This could very well elevate the younger guys if done right and I already think its had an effect of Eric Young. I like the new direction of the guy and I think he could be a big player in the X-Division is handled right. He is so much more talented than the gimmicks he has been saddled with over the years. I would love to see him break out and show everyone what he is capable of. Even though I dont think its possible, I owuld love to see Petey Williams give Scott Steiner the Canadian Destroyer. This is also a great opportunity for Petey to break out of the Scott Steiner gimmick he has been using. They guy may not be great on the mic (a good manager can fix that), but he is very good in the ring. Whenever he wrestles you can hear the crowd go nuts go the guy. It looks like the Guns already have gotten more TV time than in recent months so that could be good news for them. I am a big fan of TNA, but I also critisizes them a lot due to the poor booking and lack of direction. I hope this is a shift in the right direction and I hope they have a clear outcome planned for the Main Event Mafia angle. Cause if they dont this could destroy them in the end just like it did for WCW. Something this big needs to be done in a presice manner of it will blow up in there face at the end.

To be honest I see the same thing as you when it comes to them running the same thing right now. I don't know about you, but I thought last weeks Impact was a great show. The way they booked it was good stuff. More enjoyable then what I have seen as of late from them...I hadn't watched a show in weeks and I will watch this week to see how it continues.

[QUOTE=machinesxe;519263]To be honest I see the same thing as you when it comes to them running the same thing right now. I don't know about you, but I thought last weeks Impact was a great show. The way they booked it was good stuff. More enjoyable then what I have seen as of late from them...I hadn't watched a show in weeks and I will watch this week to see how it continues.[/QUOTE] I agree, Impact was very well put together last week.

[QUOTE=GatorBait19;518976]Is it me or is the new storyline between the Main-event and the originals remind you of something, say New Breed vs the ECW Originals, or the millionaire club vs the new blood near the end of WCW[/QUOTE] Wow, you're right! I can't believe that absolutely nobody has noticed this before, much less written about it on various websites or posted about the similarities here on the boards!

[QUOTE=GatorBait19;519424]Should Steiner really been the fifth memeber I mean, they could have grabbed someone who has been a true main eventer, not someone who has been there but keeps being pushed back down, maybe a Mick Foley turn of Jarret after he grabbed control?[/QUOTE] I think Steiner is a perfect fit. I also think that people dont give him enough credit. Look back to his match with Triple H in the WWE then compare it to his matches with both Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle in TNA. Steiner performed well above what many thought he could. While I'm not saying that the match quality had more to do with Steiner than Joe or Kurt, but Steiner did do a good job. Plus he is still gold on the mic when he wants to be and a few months ago when he pulled off a Frankensteiner EVERYBODY went nuts. I personally think Rhino should be the next guy to join with them. Rhino NEEDS more to do in TNA and turning him heel and putting him with the most powerful group in the companies history could be just what he needs. Either that or he comes to the aid of the younger guys and goes on to have a brillant series of matches with Kurt Angle.

See here was my thought with Rhino If Cage stays and doesnt jump to the E then him Rhino, and other proven but not yet the full main event status (yes I know Cage is consider a main eventer but he sees him self as a man who is a young vet. with respect, but still wants more) anyways they form a stable? Good idea? and if so who could be in that stable and remember only five guys

and i get Scott chose M.E but why didn't he hit Petey I mean yeah they are friends but Scott turned his back on him by joining M.E Also i would like them to push Jay Lethal towards the mainevent, I mean he has busted his butt to improve and his mic skills have gotten alot better

[QUOTE=GatorBait19;519486]See here was my thought with Rhino If Cage stays and doesnt jump to the E then him Rhino, and other proven but not yet the full main event status (yes I know Cage is consider a main eventer but he sees him self as a man who is a young vet. with respect, but still wants more) anyways they form a stable? Good idea? and if so who could be in that stable and remember only five guys[/QUOTE] There doesnt need to be a formal "stable" I think that the M.E.M. has basically said "the young guys" which means its us vs. the world, IMO

Seriously, why all the hate on Russo? He's not even the one who has final say (Jarrett does). He doesn't control the Abyss storyline people crapped on (I believe that was Mantell). And I love stables. It gives people who would otherwise be forgotten a chance to do something/anything. I remember the days of "gang warfare" in WWF fondly. And gave people in WCW that were forgotten storylines. And no, he's not perfect or a great mind or whatever, but at least the undercard is given a personality. Though I did hate that he was going to book himself to be the father of Stacy Keibler's "baby" in the dying days of WCW.

he really isnt making people we forgot about get time I mean the main parts of the story are the big 4, scottm Joe, and A.J besides that you have a couple of others you dont get time, now get a little time, yeah way to go, Abyss, and Matt were getting time, Cage was to, but besides that it only to me seems like its the big 4 and Joe and A.J

[QUOTE]he really isnt making people we forgot about get time I mean the main parts of the story are the big 4, scottm Joe, and A.J besides that you have a couple of others you dont get time, now get a little time, yeah way to go, Abyss, and Matt were getting time, Cage was to, but besides that it only to me seems like its the big 4 and Joe and A.J[/QUOTE] Any chance that we can give it a chance to run for a few weeks before we start to crap on it. At least see it out until after the PPV and then cast your verdict. Just because it may be Russo, people **** on it straight away. Also, it is kind of hard to take your argument seriously when there are so many typos, and other mistakes such as using obviously wrong words, etc. Not having a go at you, I do it myself when I am writing letters and what-not, I just know that a lot of people hate reading stuff like that, and will struggle to take it seriously.

No, I like the storyline, I am afarid that it's going to make the Older guys look strong and not the young guys, yes I know that A.J and Joe won last week, idk i just think TNA could be the number one promotion in america if they use their talent correctly, I love Shelly, Joe, A.J, and Jay and think they could all be main eventers for years to come

[QUOTE=GatorBait19;519488]and i get Scott chose M.E but why didn't he hit Petey I mean yeah they are friends but Scott turned his back on him by joining M.E Also i would like them to push Jay Lethal towards the mainevent, I mean he has busted his butt to improve and his mic skills have gotten alot better[/QUOTE] That was actually a good thing and shows character depth, something often missing in wrestling. Yeah, Steiner may have turned, but is he ready to completely betray his friend? I hate in wrestling when all good guys like all good guys and hate all bad guys, and visa versa, no matter who they like or hated a month ago.

[QUOTE=NickC13573;520690]what wrestlecrap were you watching. Yes, the content was good, but the deliverance and the missteps he took, unbearable.[/QUOTE] I would not call it wrestlecrap, but he did mess up a few times. However Scott always had a problem delivering his lines. Overall I thought the show was good. Not as explosive as a go-home show for a PPV should be, but it was not a bad show by them by far.

Archived