Tna?

GatorBait19

[QUOTE=scorpion;520729]That was actually a good thing and shows character depth, something often missing in wrestling. Yeah, Steiner may have turned, but is he ready to completely betray his friend? [/QUOTE] I'll go you one better, Scorpion. I think they NEED the complications of the Petey/Scott relationship simmering in the background. That relationship could be the wild card that starts the downfall of the Main Event Mafia. Petey does some, "I thought we were tight" stuff for a bit. Maybe he expresses some doubt in the cause to some of the other guys in the youth movement who aren't Joe or AJ. Then a brainstorm strikes Petey. He starts reminding Scott of when he was a rookie. Reminding him he's the YOUNGER Steiner brother and bringing up the issues of being in Rick's shadow while he was still learning his craft. The struggles Scott faced before he started teaming with Rick. If any member of the MEM is capable of being "reasoned with", it's probably Steiner. And that could make him the string to being the unraveling of the Main Event Mafia.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=cappyboy;521086]I'll go you one better, Scorpion. I think they NEED the complications of the Petey/Scott relationship simmering in the background. That relationship could be the wild card that starts the downfall of the Main Event Mafia. Petey does some, "I thought we were tight" stuff for a bit. Maybe he expresses some doubt in the cause to some of the other guys in the youth movement who aren't Joe or AJ. Then a brainstorm strikes Petey. He starts reminding Scott of when he was a rookie. Reminding him he's the YOUNGER Steiner brother and bringing up the issues of being in Rick's shadow while he was still learning his craft. The struggles Scott faced before he started teaming with Rick. If any member of the MEM is capable of being "reasoned with", it's probably Steiner. And that could make him the string to being the unraveling of the Main Event Mafia.[/QUOTE] I couldn't agree more. One of the positives about Russo, is he does intertwining stories. Of course it becomes a negative when he all too frequently over does it.

[QUOTE=The Stallion;519929]Like I said I actually like the storyline right now and it has great potential. If you got the right young guys involved (The Guns, Petey Williams, Jay Lethal etc) they could become superstars.[/QUOTE] Petey and Lethal are midcard acts and that's all they'll ever be. Like Eric Young.

ICP are the biggest wrestlecrap merchants out. Biggest pile of dog**** ever that they were even in the arena. They should be making applie pie at McDonalds and no more. It sounded a bit shyte to me, the young fullas seemed to be whooped from pillar to post. I'm assuming they're setting them up as underdogs who will get ultimate vengeance, but they should have been given more of a lead tonight.

I think I'm the only one that finds ICP entertaining, although in TNA they should not be, I'll say that. As for the PPV ...in 2008, anything where Kevin Nash is defeating somebody of Samoa Joe's youth and talent makes a company look absolutely ridiculous, especially a company who built this guy as an unstoppable badass and then can't beat an aging douchebag who can't run without tearing a quad? I understand they are building this Main Event Mafia, but that doesn't mean Kevin Nash should beat anyone with the use that Joe is to TNA. That result alone annoyed the hell out of me.

I'd have liked to have seen Angle and Abyss earlier in the show, Abyss get the upset win... the Main Event mafia backstage going off their brain and concocting plans to win at whatever cost. Then Nash should go over Joe after a sick shot of some kind, with everyone knowing it's a farce.

OK, am I the only one who liked the PPV. Yes the Mafia won every match they were in, but with the exception of the Angle / Abyss match (which was great), none of the Mafia had what it took to beat the young guys cleanly. Nash had to give Joe two Jacknife Powerbombs and had to beat his head in with the steel post over and over again and it still was not enough. It took a low blow AND Nash putting his entire 300 and some odd pounds on top of Joe WITH his feet on the ropes to beat him. Booker needed to pull the tights on Christian and Sting needed the distraction to beat AJ. Its aparent that the Mafia cannot hang with the young guys without resorting to cheating. I thought the X-Division rankings match was awesome and its obvious that they are finally giving Eric Young the push he really diserves. However I would have loved to see Doug Williams win the match, he still placed third so hopefully we will see more of him in the future. The Tag Team Title match was great and The Guns proved (to me at least) that they could carry the Tag Team division. As for Scott Hall and ICP, I dont think that was intentional on TNA's part. Mike Tenay and Don West did not even mention that they were at ringside except for saying "There are some familiar faces at ringside tonight" when Bashire started taunting Hall. I think they bought a ticket like everyone else and just decided to make themselves known. Although they either left or were thrown out I dont know and I dont know what the point of showing up was. Overall I thought it was a good PPV and it set up the young guys to come back strong by totally taking out the Mafia one by one and now with Christian on the inside, I think he will help destroy them from the inside.

[QUOTE=Shmoe;521892] As for the PPV ...in 2008, anything where Kevin Nash is defeating somebody of Samoa Joe's youth and talent makes a company look absolutely ridiculous, especially a company who built this guy as an unstoppable badass and then can't beat an aging douchebag who can't run without tearing a quad? I understand they are building this Main Event Mafia, but that doesn't mean Kevin Nash should beat anyone with the use that Joe is to TNA. That result alone annoyed the hell out of me.[/QUOTE] Sorry, Brother Shmoe. Simply can't agree with you here. Not that I'm any great Nash fan but let's not forget something here. The intimate knowledge factor. In character, Nash was a vital part of Joe's inner circle for the better part of a year. As such, he's got insights on Joe no other talent would or should. Surely, Nash has found exploits in Joe's game over that time. Enough to win cleanly? Maybe not because of his physical limitations. But enough to make a result like this reasonable? I should certainly hope so. Because otherwise that makes TNA Creative look absolutely ridiculous. If this were any other veteran with creaky legs, I'd be with you. But if Nash hasn't found exploitable factors in Joe's game as long as they were together, his mind would make his legs look like the were made of steel. And then what use would he be to the Main Event Mafia at all?

[QUOTE=The Stallion;521948]OK, am I the only one who liked the PPV. Yes the Mafia won every match they were in, but with the exception of the Angle / Abyss match (which was great), none of the Mafia had what it took to beat the young guys cleanly. Nash had to give Joe two Jacknife Powerbombs and had to beat his head in with the steel post over and over again and it still was not enough. It took a low blow AND Nash putting his entire 300 and some odd pounds on top of Joe WITH his feet on the ropes to beat him. Booker needed to pull the tights on Christian and Sting needed the distraction to beat AJ. Its aparent that the Mafia cannot hang with the young guys without resorting to cheating. I thought the X-Division rankings match was awesome and its obvious that they are finally giving Eric Young the push he really diserves. However I would have loved to see Doug Williams win the match, he still placed third so hopefully we will see more of him in the future. The Tag Team Title match was great and The Guns proved (to me at least) that they could carry the Tag Team division. As for Scott Hall and ICP, I dont think that was intentional on TNA's part. Mike Tenay and Don West did not even mention that they were at ringside except for saying "There are some familiar faces at ringside tonight" when Bashire started taunting Hall. I think they bought a ticket like everyone else and just decided to make themselves known. Although they either left or were thrown out I dont know and I dont know what the point of showing up was. Overall I thought it was a good PPV and it set up the young guys to come back strong by totally taking out the Mafia one by one and now with Christian on the inside, I think he will help destroy them from the inside.[/QUOTE] There are some reports that hall has signed a contract, because they were backstage before the Pay Per View

[QUOTE=cappyboy;521952]Sorry, Brother Shmoe. Simply can't agree with you here. Not that I'm any great Nash fan but let's not forget something here. The intimate knowledge factor. In character, Nash was a vital part of Joe's inner circle for the better part of a year. As such, he's got insights on Joe no other talent would or should. Surely, Nash has found exploits in Joe's game over that time. Enough to win cleanly? Maybe not because of his physical limitations. But enough to make a result like this reasonable? I should certainly hope so. Because otherwise that makes TNA Creative look absolutely ridiculous. If this were any other veteran with creaky legs, I'd be with you. But if Nash hasn't found exploitable factors in Joe's game as long as they were together, his mind would make his legs look like the were made of steel. And then what use would he be to the Main Event Mafia at all?[/QUOTE] Cappy, it's cool you don't agree, that's the point in internet discussion, in that you get insights into other peoples way of thinking, and I get the point you make :). I just think Nash over Joe, at this point in time, is crazy, even though you make a very good arguement. It's just ...why even book Nash in the ring? Right now, it seems he'd be better as a mouthpeice for the MEM, and he's not doing much good in the ring to elevate himself or others, especially when he's beating former champions who have youth and talent on their side. Still, like people have been saying, in the long run I really hope this storyline is used to elevate the young talent rather than further the void between the veterans and the other guys in TNA who are getting crapped on by them. TNA needs a return to the good years which were 2004/2005. Remember that Joe/Styles/Daniels saga, especially their first three way dance? That's the TNA I want to see. Not a guy pushing 50 who was never a talented wrestler in the first place defeating guys like Samoa Joe. But hey, it's just my opinion :P

But my whole point is if you are going to make Sting and Booker win by cheating then why not Abyss and Joe I mean even with the cheating you make the young guys look weak, because the two big monsters in Abyss and Joe loss cleanly and even if you say o well Nash had to do all this to beat Joe.....he still beat him cleanly! Now if Hall or the M.E.M came to help I would say something different, but they didn't And yeah you could say o well, they are looking like underdogs and thats ok, but why not let Sting win cleanly, and after the match have Styles offer his hand in a sign of respect and Sting looked shocked and fight with his what he thinks is right and what is not? My point is if M.E.M is going to sweep the show, atleast make your young guys look strong throughtout the show, even if it means by beating them up before the match and have them coming back during the match but in the end just not have enough to win because of being attacked? And I think the reason Kurt Angle always plays a heel, is because he is just a d*ck

Well Angle should beat Abyss cleanly imo. Abyss isn't a "young guy," he's just a monster who wanted a piece of Angle. Nash winning over Joe was important to continue the story. People need to learn to let a storyline play out before they determine how said storyline ultimately impacts the careers of those involved.

[QUOTE=justtxyank;522030]Well Angle should beat Abyss cleanly imo. Abyss isn't a "young guy," he's just a monster who wanted a piece of Angle. Nash winning over Joe was important to continue the story. People need to learn to let a storyline play out before they determine how said storyline ultimately impacts the careers of those involved.[/QUOTE] People are quick to judge because Nash has burned us before. nWo-never puts anyone, thus the angle that made the company destroys it X-Division- remember how we were told that Nash would eventually put somebody over... well it never happened, he disappeared Nash is always willing to get heat, but unwilling to give it back. When it comes time for Joe to win a match, history shows that Nash will suddenly have heart problems again. That's why people are quick to judge. That being said, the match last night did not bury Joe one bit, even with the screwy ending.

Abyss and A.J are around the same age, (only 5 years) and its not just about the young guys, it's about the people who built the company i.e AJ, Joe, Abyss And I'm not saying anything about the storyline not playing out, I just thought they could have made the young guys look a little better A sorry scorpion i usually agree with you but last night was just Nash being Nash

[QUOTE=scorpion;522034]People are quick to judge because Nash has burned us before. nWo-never puts anyone, thus the angle that made the company destroys it X-Division- remember how we were told that Nash would eventually put somebody over... well it never happened, he disappeared Nash is always willing to get heat, but unwilling to give it back. When it comes time for Joe to win a match, history shows that Nash will suddenly have heart problems again. That's why people are quick to judge. That being said, the match last night did not bury Joe one bit, even with the screwy ending.[/QUOTE] Thankyou for that, Scorp. Explains it perfectly. The other results, I was not so annoyed at (although it would have been nice to see a Christian victory over Booker), but the Nash and Joe one, regardless of buried or not, was still the opposite to what it should be in probably most peoples opinions. And no, Joe was not buried, but he still lost on PPV to a washed up, selfish, talent black hole. Pretty much, I miss Scott D'amore's booking.

First off, I think the entire PPV tanked. It was very poor booking, so much so that I fell asleep before the end of the main event, and that was the 1 match that I actually wanted to watch because I think both guys are amazing. Anyway, I will probaby get rotten tomatoes thrown at me for this, but with each of the matches there is nothing else they could do to continue the war storyline. So first to address Joe vs Nash. Why am I reading on here that it was a clean win? I think booking on TEW that would certainly go under the Tainted victory column. Not only was there all the crap throughout the match, but also the botched tainted finish. Didn't anyone notice that Nash was trying to get his feet on the ropes? OK, so he did botch it, but that isn't creatives fault. Abyss vs Angle has no real influence on the story as it doesn't seem the Abyss is a particularly key figure in the originals camp, maybe he isn't even on the outskirts, or completey out of the camp site pitching his own tent, so it didn't really matter who won, although it makes sense for Angle to win to keep the leader of the MEM looking strong. Booket vs Christian. As much as I hate it, if there are still doubts over Christian's contract then it was the right thing to do. I personally would have dragged it out a bit longer, maybe have Christian win by DQ so he won and doesn't have to join MEM, with Booker keeping the title and being able to keep it going to build it a bit more. It just felt a little too rushed for my liking, which leads me to believe Christian will probably be leaving, although I hope to god I am wrong. Finally, AJ vs Sting, this was the only thing that could happen. AJ hasn't been built enough to win the title yet, and after the last few years of Sting losing the title within a number of weeks of Bound For Glory, if it had happened again this year, you all would have poured warm liquid **** all over TNA for it. It could have been booked better, but it was the right result. At the end of the day, what is the point in having a war storyline with we assume the goal is to put over the younger crop, and have them win from the get go, they need to lose to the MEM at some point to keep it balanced, so having them win from the start and the lose will make them look weaker than losing at the start and then winning. This probably made no sense, but hey, thats TNA for you. :p

[QUOTE=GatorBait19;522044]Abyss and A.J are around the same age, (only 5 years) [/QUOTE] Angle is around the same age as Abyss then, only 4 years separating them. 1) It would be a crappy Angle if the TNA guys won right off the bat. 2) Angle has done as much for TNA as Abyss or AJ. This can't be said of guys like Nash and Steiner, but Angle has been a huge part of TNA..

justtxyank I respect what you say but Kurt Angle has never had to carry a company on his back, in WWE when he was Champ it was on Smackdown rarely with Raw But Styles on the other hand, carried TNA from the beginning like Foley said he was the first triple crown winner now that may not mean anything to anyone but to some it does A.J does a good job in any type of match and against any opponent Any saying Angle has done just as much as Abyss and Styles is just wrong, the rating and all that stuff havent gone up that much and I honestly get tired of seeing the belt on the same people Which is why I stopped watching TNA at first when Jeff only had it, and WWE a lot now because it seems that only Orton, Cena, Batista, and HHH are in matches winning instead of such as Kane, Matt Hardy, MVP, Mr. Kennedy, Umaga (maybe), and many more and all angle seems to do is have a title but once again my opinion, I just don't believe Angle has done as much as AJ and Abyss, he is just on T.V so much it seems that way

Can I ask .... and I know this is slightly off topic, but what's going on with RVD these days? I kinda see him as a good fit for TNA, and the other one, Raven... has he slowed down a hell of a lot or is he still putting his body out there like a turkey at Thanksgiving? Those two guys I feel could have a good effect on TNA. Back on topic, I understand some here believe that the Main Event Mafia needed to be seen as the cheating, but overall, winners of the night. But ... meh, I don't know, it seems a little nWoish to me, and even they jobbed out at times. I just don't buy a complete series of wins, Joe to me had to go down against Nash because Nash needs the heat to build the feud, AJ needed to go down to Sting because Sting's barely had to time to take a leak since winning the belt, Angle to me was the one because Angle's history (recent and long term) I think would allow his popularity to cope with a loss to someone below him, and Abyss has the size to cause problems... I don't know, to me giving a 100% record to the Main Event Mafia is like taking Krystal Steal out and not giving her a bit of leg up.

[QUOTE=tristram;522341]Can I ask .... and I know this is slightly off topic, but what's going on with RVD these days? I kinda see him as a good fit for TNA, and the other one, Raven... has he slowed down a hell of a lot or is he still putting his body out there like a turkey at Thanksgiving? Those two guys I feel could have a good effect on TNA.[/QUOTE] Raven, last I heard, was wrestling in Tennessee, I think. And he and Scotty Riggs have a wrestling school going in the greater Atlanta, GA region. Which I think is awesome, as Raven is one of those guys who has a solid grasp on the many facets of wrestling. As for RVD, I think he's doing a radio gig, or a webcam show or somesuch. His wife had a cancer scare earlier this year, so he's been doing a lot of stay at home type stuff. To the best of my knowledge, he hasn't stepped foot in a ring since the squash match Raw cameo he did with Santino (I think, my memory's fuzzy). I could be off, or behind the times, but that's the last I heard on them.

Archived