History Re-Written

[CENTER][B]Where : Titan Towers When : January 1, 1991[/B] [I][Vince, Pat Patterson, Gorilla, Blackjack Lanza, Chief Jay Strongbow are still sitting around the big table] [/I] [COLOR="Blue"]Gorilla : I’m curious as how you’re going to “shake things up” in the WWF, Vince, are you going to “re-build” like a sports team? I’m a little confused here[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Vince : I wouldn’t say re-building, Gino, what I mean by shaking things up is that the current direction of the WWF is not really that great, we’ve got probably the second favorite pay per view of the fans of the World Wrestling Federation, The Royal Rumble, coming up in a few short weeks and frankly, even on our television shows, there’s been nothing announced, short of a couple of entrants to the Royal Rumble itself[/COLOR] [COLOR="Plum"]Patterson : About that Vince, what has the Royal Rumble done since it started other than giving the fans something fun to watch and cheer for, a chance to see some hook-ups that they haven’t ever seen on our TV? [/COLOR] [I][Vince watches Patterson, thinking] [/I] [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Lanza : I agree with Pat, Vince, we’ve got the give the fans another reason to watch the Royal Rumble, aside from maybe seeing Ax & Smash as the first two again, it’s the start of the year, it can set the tone for the rest of the year. [/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Vince : Well, I’m not going to create another title, too many titles just drops the importance of the other titles, plus, the titles that we already have all have their own meaning, with a lineage that is barely surpassed by the National Wrestling Alliance. [/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Gorilla : There’s no doubt about that Vince, but what if we gave the winner of the Rumble something as an incentive to win, like $50,000 or something like that, what have the previous winners received? Jim Duggan, Big John Studd, Hulk Hogan, none of them had much as a result, just being known as a winner of the Royal Rumble. [/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Vince : I see what you mean, we’ll work around that idea over the next few days, now, are there any people who we should maybe go after, should we decide to drop some of our roster down? [/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Chief : There’s a couple of young guys that I can see being really good, this Scott Hall kid, he’s been working in Minnesota, he has a really good look, reminds me a lot of Magnum TA with his build[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Vince : Magnum was good for the Carolinas, but do you think that someone like him would have been big up here? [/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Lanza : Anyone can make money if you put the marketing machine behind them, Vince, Terry is a big example of that[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Vince : He had such a unique look though and just something that grabbed the fans, I could have done nothing and he would have gotten over, he was huge in Minnesota when they finally switched him and ran him with Bockwinkle. [/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Gorilla : There’s a few other guys that some in the industry are drooling over, but Vince, I have a few people in mind that I think that you should give a shot to, I’ll give you the list, you look it over and think about it. [/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Vince : Well, there’s some guys on the roster that just have to go, there’s no way around it, so we’ll be making room for some new talent to come around, my first person that I want out the door is Dusty, I can make him wear polk-a-dots and dance around, but he still makes it work, point is, I don’t want him around anymore, he belongs in the south, his business mentality is in the south, he should be in the south, I admire his ability to overcome anything that I threw at him, I’ve just got no ideas to even have him involved anymore. [/COLOR] [COLOR="Plum"]Patterson : Anyone else Vince? [/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Vince : This Busick, I thought he had a good look with that old 30’s Henchman thing, but I just don’t think he’s been doing anything too great, he’s got to go and if Dusty is going, Sapphire may as well go too, a couple of the job guys, it’s time to change around our job guys, how many times can we beat Bellomo with everyone? [/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Gorilla : What about TV, Vince? How do you want to handle the shows? [/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Vince : The only changes that I want to make are to put you and Bobby on Superstars, Gino, I’ll have a team for Prime Time, there will be no change, it will be a forum of recent events mixed in with house show matches, Challenge though, I’m going to make a couple of changes, I want to give Okerlund a chance as the announcer for the program and we’re going to bring in this kid that I met in Michigan awhile back, you all saw his tape and you were all on board back then, but I wasn’t at the time, it’s time to give Jacob Sterling an opportunity and who better to break him in than Mene Gene? [/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"] Gorilla : Alright, well, what about the Royal Rumble? We need to make a run down of the show, we need to figure out who will be in the Rumble match, like you said, we have NOTHING booked so far, what do you say we have something to build towards? [/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Vince : I agree Gino, my first idea that I was kicking around for the Royal Rumble involves the WWF Title….. [/COLOR] [B][I][COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Impact"]To Be Continued….[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/B] [/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][I]CNN Center, WCW Corporate Office [Back within the CNN Center, the WCW Booking Committee have been shocked to learn not only that Eric Bischoff is the new Head Booker but some of his decisions, including roster decisions. That meeting is joined in progress...] Eric Bischoff[/B] "There is one man that you all might be surprised has not shown up within this meeting. That man is Jim Herd, who had been the executive vice president of WCW. He is no longer within that position. In fact, the position itself has been removed and I will report directly to Ted Turner himself." [B]Stan Hansen[/B] "So we'll be more like McMahon's group where instead of Vince, it's Ted Turner that we answer to?" [B]Eric Bischoff[/B] "Actually, at the moment, you will be answering to me but I will be answering to Ted Turner. Another person will soon be given his walking papers and that man is Chris Cruise. He is a good young announcer but we already have some great announcers in men like Jim Ross and Tony Schiavone. Though Tony is a bit of a stigma from the regional days, he is still one of the best announcers we have." [B]Ric Flair[/B] "It's good to hear that Tony will still have a job. I brought him in, you know." [B]Eric Bischoff[/B] "I know, Ric. I have also been looking into signing some talent. Some of them will come from our deal with New Japan and others from doing research with our scouting team. I am going to wrap this up, however, so we can all go home and get some sleep. I will wrap it up with the fact that we are starting a new world order here in WCW. Gentlemen, get ready for a new age. Thank you." [B][Eric turns and begins to exit the ring, leaving the booking committee there to talk things over.][/B][/I][/CENTER]

I'm loving the backstage things, guys. Angel my man, you know what you've got to throw into the bookers segment to get me to piss myself laughing... just like with what Erik Watts wanted Stan Hansen to do, to become the last Desperado so much so that Hansen told him to shove it up his you know where and never wrestled in the majors in the US again. Stan was the man!

[QUOTE=tristram;526011]I'm loving the backstage things, guys. Angel my man, you know what you've got to throw into the bookers segment to get me to piss myself laughing... just like with what Erik Watts wanted Stan Hansen to do, to become the last Desperado so much so that Hansen told him to shove it up his you know where and never wrestled in the majors in the US again. Stan was the man![/QUOTE] Not to give away too much here but I am keeping some of the Wrestlecrap that WCW came up with at the time and trying to make it work. lol. I do remember the story about Stan Hansen and the Desperados. He effectively killed that angle and turned them into full-on jobbahs.

There's no reason why it couldn't work with proper execution, it's just that real life WCW at the time was sure to implement it in a stupid way, with a cartoonish mini movie and lame theme music or something. That's one level of realism I dont think any of us need to see in a historical diary. :o

Ooh, ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me, pick me... I have a wrestlecrap moment to play out... Vader power bombs the living bejesus out of Mick Foley, without the padding on the concrete floor... and then, how about, instead of making him tough for coming back and vowing revenge you give him like a comic angle where he has amnesia and he's lost in a city or something. Capiche? :D

[QUOTE=tristram;526653]Ooh, ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me, pick me... I have a wrestlecrap moment to play out... Vader power bombs the living bejesus out of Mick Foley, without the padding on the concrete floor... and then, how about, instead of making him tough for coming back and vowing revenge you give him like a comic angle where he has amnesia and he's lost in a city or something. Capiche? :D[/QUOTE] Lost in Cleveland! That's gold!

[CENTER][B][I]CNN Center, WCW Corporate Office [Back inside the CNN Center, the WCW Booking Committee has met for one more time before the first WCW Saturday Night of the new year.] Eric Bischoff[/B] "Thanks for joining me here everyone as we get ready to embark upon a brand new year. Our working agreement with New Japan has proved to be fruitful as we were able to sign Eddie Guerrero to a contract to work for us here. I am sure that many of you may not know who Eddie is but you will soon enough as he is a very good young talent to add to our Light Heavyweight Division." [B]Stan Hansen[/B] "I've seen that little hippity hopping bastard inside the ring. He's like a car crash. You don't wanna watch but you can't turn your eyes away." [B]Eric Bischoff[/B] "That's the same way I feel, Stan. That's what I want my Light Heavyweight division to be. It's gonna keep the fans tuned in each and every week with great action inside the ring. That is why I am starting a tournament for the new WCW Light Heavyweight Title belt." [B]Ric Flair[/B] "That should give it some prestige, having these wrestlers fighting for it. Build the title up. Smart thing, Eric." [B]Eric Bischoff[/B] "Thanks, Ric. I appreciate that. Now, there are certain angles that we have going that I am planning on continuing and others that I am going to can. Ric, you and the Four Horsemen will be a focal point of the show but also help build up some new, younger stars. Now, Stan, about the Desperados..." [B]To Be Continued...[/B][/CENTER][/I]

• 3 weeks later...
[CENTER][B]Where : Titan Towers When : January 2, 1991[/B] [I][Bobby Heenan walks through the door with a puzzled look on his face, Vince McMahon, Gorilla Monsoon and two other figures who we only see from the back are all in the room] [/I] [COLOR="Red"]Vince : Bobby, I'm glad that you could make it [/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]Bobby : Wait a second, I understand why you and Gino are here, Vince, but, I'm a little confused as to why they're here. [/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Gorilla : Brain, of all of the talent in the World Wrestling Federation, you're the only one that we felt that we could trust with the information that we're about to give. [/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]Bobby : Well then you're a poor judge of character Monsoon, you should know better than that, I'd sell it to a sheet in a heartbeat. [/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Vince : Ray[/COLOR] [I][Vince looks into Heenan' face][/I] [COLOR="red"]we have a tremendous idea and we'd like to get you on board for this, the only people who know about this are the five of us in this room. [/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Gorilla : And it would especially mean something to me, if you would agree to pull it off. [/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]Bobby : I'm.... listening.... [/COLOR] [I][Moments pass, no audio is heard, however, the two men who we only see their backs are motioned towards numerous times, then Vince McMahon hands Heenan a sheet of paper] [/I] [COLOR="red"]Vince : Do you think that you can make that work? [/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]Bobby : Vince, I'm going to tell you the same thing that I told your father when he tried to lure me away from Verne and Bruiser years ago, give me two rats and a donkey, I'll give you the most exciting action you've seen since the first night of your honeymoon. [/COLOR] [I][Vince supresses a chuckle and has a puzzeled look on his face] [/I] [COLOR="red"]Vince : Great, so you'll do it? [/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]Bobby : I'm seriously questioning this one though,[/COLOR] [I][Pointing to something on the paper that is laying on the table][/I] [COLOR="Green"]Why? [/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Gorilla : Tradition Brain, Tradition. [/COLOR] [I][Fade out to Bobby looking at all four with a slight chuckle] [/I] [COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="6"][B][I]TO BE............. CONTINUED (?)[/I][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Archived