Larry Wood: The Charismatic Wildman?

I am sure a bunch of you out there are thinking "this guy is smoking some funny stuff" but i tell you Larry Wood is simply the greatest guy on the mic! well not the greatest maybe, but damn close to the best in my CGC game. Starting with a low D the man now has a B on the mic in 6 months. So how did i make a monster heel who can talk, call matches and scare the **** out of the DeColts? Menace. Menace + a DeColt = Larry "the Foley" Wood. I love my monster heels. The guys are just amazing. Heel's Bouncer(Hell's Bouncer with a Face turn, i thought it was clever) is on his way to the same level with his acting and mic reaching C's. Sure, maybe he's not the best fit being a crazy wild brawler, but when he starts dropping A matches with his A* overness, you will thank me.

[QUOTE=takertitan;526638]I am sure a bunch of you out there are thinking "this guy is smoking some funny stuff" but i tell you Larry Wood is simply the greatest guy on the mic! well not the greatest maybe, but damn close to the best in my CGC game. Starting with a low D the man now has a B on the mic in 6 months. So how did i make a monster heel who can talk, call matches and scare the **** out of the DeColts? Menace. Menace + a DeColt = Larry "the Foley" Wood. I love my monster heels. The guys are just amazing. Heel's Bouncer(Hell's Bouncer with a Face turn, i thought it was clever) is on his way to the same level with his acting and mic reaching C's. Sure, maybe he's not the best fit being a crazy wild brawler, but when he starts dropping A matches with his A* overness, you will thank me.[/QUOTE] I always saw Larry Wood as a Mic Foley'esque kind of persona. I know Wood's start out entertainment skills aren't up to par with what Foley has, however, his all around persona, intelligence and hardcore sense always made him seem much like him. Also, who doesn't look at the picture and think borderline hobo? Something I also say when I see Foley. :D

I had a great run with Wood in my CGC diary as a psychotic stalker who kidnapped Hotstuff Marie and terrorized Jack DeColt from the shadows. Just using his menace and Jack's overness and entertainment, was pulling B level segments right off the bat even though Wood is D overness in Canada to start. In less than three months he went from a D overness throughout canada to a B overness and on the low end of the main event, all through that storyline and angles.

[QUOTE=FINisher;527364]Larry Wood is a wrestling God. ^^ You can't go wrong with A* menace.[/QUOTE] Truer words have never been spoken. Larry rocks, and I can't count the number of times I've ended up either bringing him on board or having him buy out my new little company. In fact, I've often thought about bringing him into EWA... but that 0 overness in Europe is a pretty big turn off. Maybe when I'm a bit larger...

Archived