21CW: Rule Britania

21CW: Rule Britania

A C-Verse Diary by Sonfaro

-----

Total Extreme Wrestling Newsletter

Journalistic reporter Sonny Faron has interviewed many of the greats in ProWrestling today; from Remo Richardson to Steve DeColt, if there a name in wrestling, he’s had a conversation. So it should be no surprise that, as 21st Century Wrestling begins what should be a banner year in 2008, Faron has cornered Jeff Nova, current owner of the promotion, to ask him the tough questions pertaining to his product.

Below is just a sampling of the ten-page interview conducted at Jeff Nova’s stunning cottage in Scotland.

SF: I’m sitting with Scottish Strong man Jeff Nova, owner and operator of Twenty-First Century Wrestling

http://s357.photobucket.com/albums/oo13/Sonfaro/th_JeffNova_alt2.jpg

JN: It’s always a pleasure good lad.

SF: Lets get right to the interview shall we? You’re only a year into your stay as head honcho of 21CW. How would you describe your experiences so far?

JN: Energizing. This is the sort of revitalizing decision I needed as a competitor and as a wrestling fan. I think we’ve stumbled on a veritable gold mine, and it’s been a lot of fun. We’ve barely scratched the surface of our potential you know.

SF: Now before you came 21CW was a work-rate based promotion, wasn’t it? How much has this change from such a work rate driven product to a storyline driven product affected the roster as a whole?

JN: Firstly lad, our work rate itself hasn’t changed nearly as much as some of these internet blokes make it out to be. I still consider this company to be the greatest in Europe at least. To answer your question however, those who are willing to change have adapted and thrived.

SF: And those who didn’t?

JN: [shrugging] They didn’t.

SF: Moving on then. What kind of goals are you planning to establish for the year.?

JN: Aside from kicking that Eisen fellows ***? [smiles] I don’t know. I guess my main goal for the coming year… Well the next two years really, will be to double our profits. We’re sitting on a nice little egg right now. I want to make it bigger. (Owner Goal: The financial balance of 21CW must have improved to at least 5,000,000).

SF: That’s a hefty goal.

JN: I think we can manage. That’s my critical goal anyway.

SF: What other goals do you see yourself attaining in the coming years?

JN: We had a worker here when I came in; bright lad. Highspot… something…

SF: ROF’s Johnny Highspot?

JN: That’s him lad. Only he was 21CW’s Johnny Highspot when I came through. Good kid. Had a few lingering problems with authority. And camels.

SF: A famous story by now.

JN: Indeed. Anyway, I want to make sure that kind of bad publicity doesn’t happen to this company again. That’s why I plan on keeping these boys out of jail. I don’t want any ex-cons working for me. I want honest british citizens… Well, I want mostly honesty. (Owner Goal: You cannot hire anybody who is known to have problems with the law.)

SF: It’s fair to say that Highspot won’t be making a 21CW comeback anytime soon?

JN: Fair enough I’d say. Good lad, but dumb as a rock, that one.

SF: What about in ring. Are there any changes in ring you’d like to see?

JN: Not so much changes to product as change in skill level. This sport isn’t like ballet. It isn’t a gracefully little dance with butterflies and pixies. People can get hurt. I want to cut down on that in this promotion. While the goal here is to have a good hard hitting match there is a difference between a good stiff shot, and being stiff for stiffs sake. Safety in the ring is a must. (Owner Goal: You cannot hire or extend the contract of any wrestler who has less than C- in Safety).

SF: Will this put a damper on some of the moves in ring? Say, Adam Matravers Mile High moonsault-

JN: Oh of course not. Matravers is a pro lad. A real mans man. I’m not talking moonsaults and elbow drops. No I’m more worried about all this stiff fake puro-wresu that’s slipped into the business now-a-days. Like it or not chap, this is a story telling business. It’s our job to go out and give the fans a morality tale. Good versus evil and the like. We need ring generals in there who can give the fans a good thrill ride. So if I had to choose another goal, it would be to have more psychology in matches. No more of this jumping off of things to get a cheap pop from the crowd. I want my workers to be able to do that within the context of the story they are creating. Do you understand laddie? (Owner Goal: You cannot hire or extend the contract of any wrestler who has less than C- in Psychology).

SF: I think so.

JN: Good to know eh?

SF: One last question before we close this meeting Mr. Nova.

JN: Go on lad.

SF: Any chance on fans seeing you in the ring?

JN: Well… [Mysterious smile] …Never say never.

For more from this interview; including Jeff Nova's top ten moments in wrestling, his friendship with The Highland Warrior, his thoughts on the failed "SWF Election" storyline, and more... Visit http://www.TEWrestling.com and receive the official TEW Newsletter... NOW ONLY $19.95*!

*The opinions and statements found within the Newsletter do not reflect the opinions of TEW at large.

OOC: So... I'm not sure how long I'll keep this going, but since two people are working on my favorite promotion (USPW) and no one else seems to be able to sustain a 21CW diary, I thought I'd throw my hat in. Here's hoping I don't yank it back out in shame:(

- Sonfaro

Best of luck. You're going to need it. Especially with those owner goals. Is there anyone you can actually hire in the UK with C- psych who has any kind of entertainment skill?! But having tried and failed myself to keep a 21CW diary going, I'll be supporting you all the way with this one.

Same here, though I've never tried a post Nova 21CW. 2 Hours per show is just too much for me each and every week considering the amount of workers. Though I guess I could just change the length to an hour...

Don't be discouraged - step up, and make it work!

You've got one reader, at least.

Sweet! Hope you stick around!

I thought about doing a 21CW diary, but I never got around to it - so make that two readers

Nice to have you aboard as well!

Make that three. Just find some way to keep them at Cult. Pimping out Jeff Nova...

That's the plan. Thanks for the response!

Make that four if the lay-out of the event pleases me ^^

Can't make too many promises, but I'll do what I can. :)

Likes make it 5 while were at it. Hope this goes well sounds interesting.

Thanks!

Best of luck. You're going to need it. Especially with those owner goals. Is there anyone you can actually hire in the UK with C- psych who has any kind of entertainment skill?! But having tried and failed myself to keep a 21CW diary going, I'll be supporting you all the way with this one.

Thanks dude! I had a mini-markout moment when I saw you posted. I was really into your ROF diary last year!

As for your question, er... one or two. I'm more concerned about getting the guys I've got now over moreso than bringing in more talkers. So I'm not so worried about that part yet. It's getting the some of the guys I've got now to that C- psych level that has me worried.

Same here, though I've never tried a post Nova 21CW. 2 Hours per show is just too much for me each and every week considering the amount of workers. Though I guess I could just change the length to an hour...

I don't think it will have to come to that. I'm going to try and work with the product mostly as is (though I think I'll try and drop the match ratio a little.) Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

---

I'll try and have a roster page up as soon as I can, I promise. Thanks for all the responses, they are really inspiring.

- Sonfaro

www.21cwrestling.uk/confidentialrosterpage

ROSTER PAGE

Owner

· Jeff Nova – The biggest name in British wrestling; he’s the Scottish Sam Strong. He hopes to utilize his fame to elevate 21CW to International status. The road will be a long one.

Finishers: Glasgow Kiss (Firemans Carry into Facecrusher across Knee)

Worlds Strongest Bearhug (Elevated Bearhug)

Announcers

· Steve Smith – Perhaps the greatest British announcer of all time, Smith has been the backbone of Best Of British television since its incepting; having appeared on every episode. He tends to get very excitable when calling his matches.

Wrestlers

· Adam Matravers – Without a doubt the number one wrestler in 21CW today. With a solid work ethic, his beautiful girlfriend Phoebe, and fantastic all round skills that will only improve with time, it seems he will be wearing championship gold sooner rather than later.

Finisher: Mile High Moonsault (High Elevation Moonsault)

· Chuck Frisby – A decent at best talent who plays our quasi-gay character in the midcard. He’s not all that spectacular in ring, but he makes due. He’s got fifteen months to improve his psychology or we will loose him due to Jeff’s Owner goals.

Finisher: None (Usually wins via cheap tactics)

· Daniel Black Francis – A solid worker who plays the part of a fun loving Jamaican. In a few years time he’ll probably be main-eventing the promotion. For now, he is the reigning UK Champion.

Finishers: Dread Lock Drop (Inverted DDT)

Rasta Lock (Arm-trap Side Guillotine Choke)

· Davey Celtic – Part one of our tag team champions – The Anglo-Scots connection. At the moment not the brightest worker in the world. While he can probably improve, by the time his contract runs out (Four months) we will probably loose him due to Jeff Nova’s goals.

Finisher: Cannonball Legdrop (Feint Legdrop from the Top Rope.)

· Davey London – All that is written for Davey Celtic applies here as well. London is actually a slightly better all-rounder, but that’s not going to help him in fifteen months. Unless he improves during that time he will probably be released as part of Jeff Nova’s goals.

Finishers: London's Bridge (Crucifix Driver)

· DJ Reason – A fan favorite brawler who plays the role of a DJ. He’s one of the cornerstones to our upper-midcard, and is likely to be chasing the world title at some point.

Finisher: Edge Of Reason (Rebound Sidwalk Slam)

· Genocide Agent – One half of our face painted tag team the Elimination Agents. Genocide Agent is a good, if unspectacular brawler. If we do loose the Anglo-Scots Connection, odds are the Elimination Agents will take their place as top Babyface tag team.

Finisher: Hanging Powerslam (High Angle Falling Powerslam)

· Igor Ivanoff – part of bad*** Russian tandem ‘The Ivanoff Brothers’, Igor is also on the watchlist for those we may loose soon. He has ten months to improve his psychology, or our number Two heel tag team disappears.

Finisher: Soviet Missle (Assisted Spear; Spear)

· Ivan Ivanoff – part of bad*** Russian tandem ‘The Ivanoff Brothers’, Igor is also on the watchlist for those we may loose soon. He has five months to improve his Safety, or our number Two heel tag team disappears.

Finisher: Red Curtain (Snap Russian Legsweep)

· Jonathan Faust – Our current world champion, Faust may be one of the best hype men the isles have ever seen. A good brawler, and not much else, Faust does know how to get a crowd invested in his act.

Finisher: Devils Drop (Leg hook DDT followed into a small package)

· Joss Thompson – The number one heel in 21CW and the Leader of heel faction ‘The Takeover. Thompson was the longest reigning 21CW world champion before the title was stolen from him by Jonathan Faust in a multi-man match. He is the most popular man on the roster not named Nova.

Finisher: Clean Cutter (Spinning Back Suplex Bomb)

Continue to next page...

www.21cwrestling.uk/confidentialrosterpage

Wrestlers Cont...

ROSTER PAGE

· Leo Price – A very good worker who was never able to break out of the pack for some reason, Price has teamed with Joss Thompson and Kathleen Lee to form ‘The Takeover’, which will no doubt give his career the boost it needs.

Finisher: Price Drop (Double Underhook Sitout Slam)

· Louie Peyton – One half of ‘The Assassins Guild’, Louie Peyton is the muscle of the duo. He has some potential, but if he doesn’t improve his psychology skills however, he’s going to head back to the unemployment line.

Finisher: Predator Bomb (Powerbomb)

· Luke Cool – Two things are hindering Luke Cool from becoming a major player right now. His lack of psychology, which may see him out the door next year (He has 20 months to improve), but the fact that the fans absolutely hate him. Really hate him.

Finisher: Cool Cutter (Snap Neckbreaker)

· Mister King – a solid at best midcarder who needs more Psychology, his controversial mike skills and weird character may be the only things keeping him around, as he is something of a pain backstage.

Finisher: King Maker (Forward Russian Legsweep)

· Nate Manchester – ‘The Real Angel Of The North’ isn’t much more of a jobber at the moment, and if he cannot meet both Nova’s safety and psychology goals he may not even be that.

Finisher: None (Doesn't usually win)

· Nightmare – Our monster heel may not be with us long. Nightmare, like many big men of his kind, lacks a significant amount of psychology. If he can overcome that before his contract is up (six months – that isn’t a lot of time) he may go on to be the best big man Britain has ever seen.

Finisher: Darkness Chokeslam (One Handed Chokeslam)

· Phillip Cooper – “Cooper Man” has a good level of talent, and could be one of the future main eventers in the company, if he can bring his somewhat lacking psychology up to code he should be fine.

Finisher: The Cooper Fly Splash (Top Rop Flying Body Press; usually proceeded with theatrics)

· Pit Bull Brown – The man in 21CW, Pit Bull Brown is one of the cornerstones of 21CW, and thus far the only two time world champion. What he lacks in charisma he makes up for in determination and passion for the business. He is expected to remain one of the major focal points of the promotion.

Finisher: Dog House Driver (Belly-to-Belly Piledriver)

· Red Dragon – a former World Champion who has fallen from glory, there is some talk of trying to help him rise to his former glory, though it is unlikely that he will ever win the title again.

Finisher: Moonsault

· Rolling Johnny Stones – a pretty solid wrestler who has all the tools to be a fixture in the main event. Is one of our locker room leaders.

Finisher: Brainbuster

· Stefan Raynor – One half of ‘The Assassins Guild’, Stefan is the aerial member of the team, although there isn’t much to say about that at present. If he doesn’t improve his psychology in sixteen months he will be another victim of Jeff Nova’s goals

Finisher: Single Arm DDT

· Stevie Stoat – noted for his extremely physical approach to wrestling, Stevie Stoat never backs down from a fight. If he doesn’t improve his psychology however he could be the biggest loss to the promotion due to Nova’s goals.

Finisher: Super Kick

· Suicide Agent - If we do loose the Anglo-Scots Connection, odds are the Elimination Agents will take their place as top Babyface tag team. Suicide is the weaker of the two in ring, and will be monitored to see if he can make an improvement in the psychology department before his contract expires at the end of the year.

Finisher: Full Nelson Slam

Managers

· Kathleen Lee – the manager of “The Takeover”, Lee plays her Executive Consultant gimmick to perfection, and looks set to lead her boys to gold one way or another.

· Phoebe Plumridge – Adam Matravers real life girlfriend, and one of the best managers in the promotion. It helps that she’s smoking hot as well.

Referees

· Jacob Bailey – The primary referee for 21CW.

· Karl Dexter – The secondary referee for 21CW.

Road Agents

· The Steamroller – Our current road agent, who would do much better in an on screen role.

Tag Teams

· The Anglo-Scots Connection - Davey Celtic & Davey London

· The Assassins' Guild - Stefan Raynor & Louie Peyton

· The Elimination Agents - Genocide Agent & Suicide Agent

· The Ivanoff Brothers - Igor Ivanoff & Ivan Ivanoff

· The Takeover - Joss Thompson & Leo Price

Next up: Preview for the first show!

- Sonfaro

http://s357.photobucket.com/albums/oo13/Sonfaro/?action=view&current=21cwlogo.jpg

BEST OF BRITISH WRESTLING

Preview

21CW comes into the new year not with a whimper, but with a mighty roar, as BEST OF BRITISH WRESTLING returns to it's usual Thursday Night slot. What could possibly be in store for the courageous athletes of the hallowed ring? What new challengers await the champions? Stay tuned to find out! The scheduled card for BoBW has been released:

NON-TITLE MATCH: Jonathan Faust vs. Daniel Black Francis

21st Century Wrestling fans are in for a treat this year, as the 21st Century World Champion will take on the 21st Century UK Champion in a non-title match. Jonathan Faust has had a banner year in 2007, unseating Joss Thompson in July and retaining his title throughout the rest of the calendar year. However, fan favorite DBF has been no slouch either, regaining his UK championship in November to become the first two time 21st Century United Kingdom Champion. Will the well versed Faust remind us all why he’s the World Champion? Or will the Jamaican Sensation score the major upset?

TAG MATCH: The Ivanoff Brothers vs. The Elimination Agents

There will be nothing pretty about this match, that much is guaranteed. The Ivanoff Brothers want to prove their dominance. The Elimination Agents want to avenge their Title loss from their last encounter. Both teams are itching to return to the Tag Title scene, and a win on national television could be just the boost to get the Championship committee to grant their request. Will the Red Curtain close on the Agents? Or will the Russian siblings be just another elimination?

#1 CONTENDERS TOURNAMENT MATCH: Adam Matravers w/Phoebe Plumridge vs. Nightmare

The first round in the one night four man tournament to determine the next number one contender for Jonathan Fausts 21st Century World Title. Matravers has been waiting to win his first major title since he first became a wrestler, and a win would be one step closer to that chance. However, Nightmare has been absolutely devastating since his arrival in 21CW, and he two wants his first major title. Will the high flying Matravers soar to new heights? Or will Nightmare silence his World title dreams?

#1 CONTENDERS TOURNAMENT MATCH: Pit Bull Brown vs. Stevie Stoat

The second round in the one night four man tournament to determine the next number one contender for Jonathan Fausts’ 21st Century World Title. Pit Bull Brown is reaching legendary status in England as a bonafide superstar. However, Stevie Stoat has long considered himself the best wrestler in the world today, and has gone out of his way to prove it in the ring. Tonight, they face off, one on one, with the winner getting one step closer to facing off against Jonathan Faust. Has the Pit Bull Bitten off More than he can chew? Or will Stoat learn why you don’t make a mess in the Pit Bulls yard?

21CW TAG TITLE MATCH: The Anglo-Scots Connection © vs. The Assassins Guild

It’s been building since they first arrived in 21CW. The Assassins Guild have taken out nearly everyone in there way to reach this point; a 21st Century Tag Title match against reigning champions Davey Celtic and Davey London – The Anglo-Scots Connection. The duo have held the title since July, holding onto the belts for six months. But as competition rises, can the Anglo-Scots Connection continue to retain? Or will the Guild do what it set out to do – win gold?

#1 CONTENDERS FINAL MATCH: ????? vs ?????

The main event for the show will be the finals of the Four man tournament. Jonathan Faust has already stated that he would be at ringside to see this contest up close; you can bet he knows the importance of this match. Someone will move on to challenge Jonathan Faust at the end of the month. Someone will move to the back of the line. No matter the outcome, expect an exciting match!

The Takeover Is Here!

And ever since loosing the title to Jonathan Faust, Joss Thompson has been on the warpath; Declaring that he will not only reclaim the 21CW belt, but every belt in the company. To do so, he has enlisted the help of “The Lion” Leo Price, and the lovely but lethal Kathleen Lee. Together they are The Takeover and they have made it their personal mission to turn the promotion upside down. Will they play any part in the matches? And what is Jeff Nova’s opinion of them?

All these questions and more will be answered on the next Best Of British Wrestling telecast!

The Future of ProWrestling is here…

Quick Picks:

#1 CONTENDERS TOURNAMENT MATCH:Adam Matravers vs. Nightmare

#1 CONTENDERS FINAL MATCH: (Adam Matravers/Nightmare) vs. (Pit Bull Brown/Stevie Stoat)

#1 CONTENDERS FINAL MATCH: (Adam Matravers/Nightmare) vs. (Pit Bull Brown/Stevie Stoat)

#1 CONTENDERS TOURNAMENT MATCH: Adam Matravers vs. Nightmare

#1 CONTENDERS FINAL MATCH: Adam Matravers vs. Stevie Stoat

Looking good.

21CW TAG TITLE MATCH: The Anglo-Scots Connection © vs. The Elimination Agents

#1 CONTENDERS TOURNAMENT MATCH: Adam Matravers vs. Nightmare

#1 CONTENDERS FINAL MATCH: Adam Matravers vs. Pit Bull Brown

Was going all the way down the left so decided to change in the last bout. I don't see Faust losing, even in a non-title match, at this stage. DBF is likely to be your key midcarder for now. Ivanoffs will beat Elimination Agents to earn a shot at the Anglo-Scots, whose title reign is probably going to be short-lived. In the contenders tournament, I've gone with the faces, mainly because I don't see you pushing the guys who might not get to stick around due to their psychology deficiency (as much as I love Stevie Stoat). And I'll take Pit Bull over Matravers simply because I went with Faust vs Pit Bull as my first title feud when I ran 21CW for a very short time!!

21CW: Best Of British Wrestling

Wed, Week 1 January 2008

2000 fans at The Edgeware Hall

Smith: Good day everyone! I’m Steve Smith, and as always I am joined by my broadcast partner, Scottish Strongman Jeff Nova.

Nova: A pleasure as always ladies and gentlemen. Happy New Year to ya laddie!

Smith: I’m excited about to nights action Jeff. We’re really going to get the year off right this time aren’t we?

Nova: You can be sure of that lad! A title tournament, a title match, and a Champion versus Champion match all coming up. I can’t wait!

Smith: Neither can I! And speaking of the Champion’s match, here comes UK Champion Daniel Black Francis!

Happy-go-lucky fan favorite Daniel Black Francis comes bouncing into the Edgeware Hall to the cheers of his fans, slapping hands with kids at ringside, and beaming his whole way down. He slides into the ring, raising his title into the air, letting the fans snap shots on their cameras.

Smith: He looks happy out there doesn’t he Jeff?

Nova: Aye. But he’ll need to stay focused if I know a thing or two about his opponent.

Sure enough, the haunting choral sound of Jonathan Faust’s theme plays through the arena, and the hooded 21CW World Champion strolls out with his championship gold across his shoulder. Daniel Black Francis ushers him towards the ring, the smile never escaping his lips. Faust however simply sneers and walks around the ring towards the announce desk.

Faust: Verily, verily I say unto you…

The fans boo the arrogant Faust without mercy. He ignores them.

Faust: Daniel of Francis, cool your braided head.

Else miss the truest words that I have said

Who thought to match the likes of you to me?

Has Nova lost his drunken Scottish mind?

Smith: Well that was unnecessary.

Nova:[sarcastic] You’re telling me lad. I’ve only had a few pints today.

Smith: ...I don’t think you should say that sort of thing on the air Jeff….

Faust ignores both of the announcers and continues with the microphone, crossing up the steel steps to get a better look at his ‘competition’.

Faust: Daniel of Francis, know I must protest

This blatant and degrading injustice

Of all the men that I know to be true

I’m now forced to wrestle one like you.

Daniel Black Francis’ smile is now merely a grin. He impatiently waits for Faust to put down the microphone.

You are no cunning Stoat, of that I know

Whose wrestling skills could tear through any man

Thou art no rabid dog, nor flying fiend

As Brown and Matravers do seem to be

Nor do you haunt the dreams of those you hate,

As vicious Nightmare verily doth confess.

No, thou art not but fop in warriors clothes,

Thou art no more threat to me than a fool!

And thus I’ll end this false Jamaican lie,

And prove there is no better man than I.

Grade: C-

CHAMPION VS. CHAMPIONS MATCH

Jonathan Faust vs. Daniel Black Francis

As soon as Faust has removes his entrance robe and hands it to a ringside assistant, Daniel Black Francis is on him with a flurry of punches. Faust can do nothing but cover up as the Happy-Go-Lucky rumbler shows exactly what he can do in the ring. A thumb to the eye from Faust slows the UK Champions hot opening, and allows the World Champion to dictate a slightly more technical pace than we’re used to seeing from him. Francis rallys though, and makes a comeback, fighting out of a headlock from Faust and turning the tables on his opponent.

Nothing Jonathan Faust is doing seems to be working, He attempts to beg off, but the rough and tough brawler lays into him with stiff rights, before sending him to the ropes. Before the World Champion knows what hit him, he is laid out by a huge discus clothesline! Francis is really feeling it! He charges towards the staggered World Champion, but Faust catches him with a Rolling Spine-buster. The World Champion, beaten but victorious, signals to the crowd that its over. Faust attempts the Devils Drop, but Francis reverses into the Dreadlock Drop instead! The crowd is on its feet at the chance of an upset!

Suddenly, Kathleen Lee from ‘The Takeover’ appears on the ring apron. Junior Referee Karl Dexter has no choice but to deal with her. Lee begins to really turn up the charm on the poor man, being a little seductive in her manner and being a major distraction. DBF, frustrated, gets up to see what is going on. From out of nowhere, Leo Price appears in the ring with a steel chair. Francis has little time to turn around and see ‘The Lion’ when he is waffled across the head with the chair. DBF staggers back into a recovered Faust who grabs the Jamaican Sensation and catches him with the Devil’s Drop! Leo slides out of the ring just as Lee slides away from the ring, and the ref, having no idea what happened behind him, has no choice but to count the pin in favor of the World champ.

Jonathan Faust defeated Daniel Black Francis in 10:11 by pinfall with a Devil's Drop following interference from Leo Price. During the match we also had Kathleen Lee distract Daniel Black Francis.

Grade: D

The enigmatic Mister King is shown Backstage, not dressed to wrestle. He faces the camera with a smug look of arrogance.

King: I am Mister King. And I'm three moves ahead of you. You think you know? You have no idea. Take for example, Red Dragon. Guys like the Red Dragon are a dime a dozen. High flyers with a gimmick and not much else. You see I... well I'm not a gimmick I'm the truth. I'm real. I'm the best thing going in this business, and pretty soon everyone will know it. You can be like the rest of these sheep, who would cheer for a man in red facepaint who hasn't won a significant match in two years. Or...

You can King me.

Grade: D-

21CW TAG TITLE MATCH

The Anglo-Scots Connection vs. The Assassins Guild

A match like this one shouldn’t even need a recap. It wasn’t a chemistry issue. It wasn’t an injury. The crowd generally just wasn’t amused at all with this match, Titles on the line or no. They heckled the tag team Champions with chants of “You Can’t Wrestle”, “You Suck” and even it’s colorful variation “You Suck ****”. Even Jeff Nova and Steve Smith began to ignore the match and hype the tournament matches which were forthcoming. While the champions did put in enough effort to demonstrate a greater level of performance, it wasn’t enough to warrant a positive reaction from the fans. Eventually Davey London ended the travesty of a wrestling match with a London’s Bridge on the big man, but both teams fates may have been sealed.

The Anglo-Scots Connection defeated The Assassins' Guild in 7:41 when Davey London defeated Louie Peyton by pinfall with a London's Bridge. The Anglo-Scots Connection make defense number 1 of their 21st Century Tag Team titles.

Grade: F+

The Anglo-Scots Connection began celebrating their successful title defense when suddenly Joss Thompson and Leo Price hit the ring. Before the champs have a chance to defend themselves, The Takeover beats them down, concluding after Thomson slammed Davey Celtic into Davey London with a Clean Cutter. The sad part is, they actually got a face pop for that.

Grade: E

#1 CONTENDERS TOURNAMENT MATCH

Adam Matravers vs. Nightmare

Matravers launches himself against the monstrous Nightmare, jabbing and weaving for as long as he can, with the lovely Phoebe Plumridge shouting encouragement from ringside. But What Nightmare lacks in performance skills he makes up for in brute force, and soon he is clubbing the high flyer. His repertoire being something less than desirable, the fans are soon on his case more for his poor skill than him actually getting heel heat, but he does his job, appearing to be an unstoppable monster. Matravers bumped for him like crazy, keeping his comebacks short and protecting the massive Nightmare essentially from himself.

The fight eventually spills to the outside. Matravers drives the monsters head into the steel pole. As he rolls into the ring, Phoebe Shouts incoragment to him. The noise attracts the attention of Nightmare who suddenly seems less interested in the match and more interested in Phoebe. Instead of returning to the ring, he begins to stalk her around it. Before any harm can befall her, Matravers dives out of the ring on top of the Monster, re-attaining his focus and perhaps saving Phoebe’s life.

Matravers modifies his tactics now. He shoots kicks to the monsters legs to the outside, before running through the ring to the other side, with the monstrous rookie not far behind. Matravers is careful not to get caught; he knows what would happen should the Nightmare catch him. Soon enough, Nightmare is visibly tiring from chasing after him. Matravers thinks he has a victory in sight, when Nightmare again becomes distracted by Phoebe Plumridge. This time the monster sets his full sights on her walking ominously towards her and ignoring the referee’s count to ten. Matravers again runs to her rescue, but this time Nightmare is ready for him with a smashing clothesline that sends Adam to the concrete. With a primal snarl of victory Nightmare lifts the High Flyer by his skull and begins to squeeze his hands like a vise. Matravers is caught!

At this point the referees count passes the halfway mark. Adam scrambles to escape the hold. In desperation he pops the monsters ears, causing Nightmare to howl in pain and release him. Matravers tries to reach the ring, but Nightmare grabs his foot. Time is running out. Nightmare roars in Matravers face, but Adam hits a staggering Enzugiri to the back of the monsters head, leaving Nightmare dazed and confused. With only moments to spare, Matravers dives into the ring at the last second to win the match!

Adam Matravers defeated Nightmare in 7:50 when Nightmare was counted out after being attacked by Phoebe Plumridge.

Nightmare is not far behind. Enraged that this puny man defeated him, Nightmare grabs Matravers, by the throat and prepares to deliever a chokeslam, when Phoebe hits the ring in a state of panic. Nightmare glares at her, before dropping Matravers and giving Phoebe his full attention. Just when it seems Nightmare will attack her, he hesitates. There is a strange moment where he just stares at her ominously, ash she kneels between him and her love intrest. And then, without a second thought, Nightmare stalks his way to the back, leaving Adam and Phoebe in the ring together wondering what happened.. Nightmare came off looking like an absolute killer, though Adam may need some work. Still, for 21CW, a nice rating to get considering the participants.

The Takeover are walking backstage, enjoying what they did to the Tag champions. they appear to be heading to the locker room, smug looks on their faces, when a familiar voice echoes from across the hall.

?????: Stay villainous nave, a word before you go!

Thompson takes one look at the speaker and groans.

Thompson: Aw, Geez…

Jonathan Faust enters the scene, World Title across his shoulder, and absolutely fuming.

Faust: You sent your minions thus to interfere

In the Champions first match of the year

But why would you celebrate victory

When the target clearly must be me

It was I who took this title belt from you

‘twas I who broke apart your lengthy reign

While Daniel of Francis is a smiling pest

He made no ill towards you, I confess

So do forgive me if I fail to see

Why thou had nothing more to do with me…

Thompson:

Faust:

Thompson: Oh, you’re asking me?

Faust: Aye Joss of Thompson I am asking you.

Thompson: Look… Faust. Fausty... You don’t need to remind me that you stole my title from me. You don’t need to remind me how you found clever ways to put off defending it against me. You don’t even have to remind me that when we finally had our rematch, you paid off the Assassins Guild to take me out. I remember all of that. If you want an explanation, just know that we’re making a statement. For Daniel Black Francis, we wanted to remind him that anywhere, any time, my man… “The Lion” of the 21st Century, could take him out, just like that.

Faust: And I, a man of noble birth and-

Thompson: Stow the rap for a minute Fausty. By not attacking you, we were letting you know one thing. There will be many challengers for your title, but I’m the man you truly need to fear. That’s my belt you have slung over your shoulder, and so long as you have that you are under my watch. Until I get my title shot. And when you are beaten for that belt, it’s going to be me standing over your broken body, the title around my waist.

Faust moves a step closer, but his path is blocked by Leo Price, and the World Champion backs down, furious. Faust storms off leaving the Takeover to stew in their victory thus far. Thompson grins to himself.

Thompson: So long… Champ.

#1 CONTENDERS TOURNAMENT MATCH

Pit Bull Brown vs. Stevie Stoat

The match begins in a rather dull manner, with both men methodically testing the waters with one another. Pit Bull Brown places Stoat in a hammerlock, Stoat reverses into a head lock, rinse repeat. The match doesn’t really start to pick up until about two minutes in. To escape a headlock, Stoat pushes Brown towards the ropes. Brown. As Brown comes back, Stoat is ready for him. In the blink of an eye, Stoats right leg is off the ground, causing Brown to roll back to his corner to avoid a potential Super Kick… Only to find that Stoat pulled his kick at the last second, as a means to taunt the larger competitor. Stoat has a grin on his tanned face. “This Close” says Stevie Stoat.

They lock up again, and again trade counter wrestling spots. This time Brown begins to get the better of Stevie. Frustrated, he doubles The Pit Bull over with a knee to the stomach. Stoat runs to the ropes, perhaps looking for a flying forearm. On the rebound however, The Pit Bullis able to gather the Silver Haired Warrior over his shoulder, the set up for the devastating Dog House Piledriver, and Stoat barely is able to slither out of Brown’s grasp and back to his corner. The look of terror on Stoats face causes the Pit Bull to grin himself. “This Close” says Brown. Stoat is furious

The match then continues with little else to make it special. Unlike the first Title Tournament match, which all revolved around Matravers need to protect Phoebe, this match was built from both men’s’ attempt to outdo each other. Stevie Stoat really brought his performance skills to another level, out maneuvering and out classing Brown on the mat. For his part, Brown would out muscle his opponent, tossing him into the turnbuckles, and brawling his way through the match. They remain nearly dead even until the finish.

Towards the end of the match, Stevie Stoat regains control of the contest, with a violent flying elbow that sends both men crashing to the mat. A few seconds later, and Stevie Stoat kips up, landing back on his feet with all the grace of his namesake. Brown is slow getting his wits about him, and Stoat sets up in the corner begging the voracious Brown to his feet, hoping to seal the deal with a Super Kick. But as he moves forward to land the strike, Brown grabs his leg, flips him over his shoulder, and has him in position for his own finisher! With no remorse, Pit Bull Brown lands a crushing Dog House Piledriver to the beaten Stoat. A three count latter is all she wrote, as Pit Bull Brown scores the win, and moves one step closer to regaining the title.

Pit Bull Brown defeated Stevie Stoat in 12:54 by pinfall with a Dog House Piledriver.

A Dejected Daniel Black Francis is shown entering his locker after talking with Philip Cooper and DJ Reason. He is surprised to find Rolling Johnny Stones waiting for him.

DBF: Eeyyy Mon, what do you be doin’ in my locker?

Stones: Well what do you know. Even in defeat the Champion gets to keep his belt. You know its great comfort knowing that you don’t have to win a match to keep the title.

DBF: What are you talkin’ about mon. That was a non-title match.

Stones: Every match should be a title match for the Champion. That is... If he's worthy of the belt.

DBF: You got a problem mista’ Stones?

Stones: Only with Champions who can’t win matches.

DBF: You saw what happened out ‘dere mon. Me got jumped from behind.

Stones: Excuses, excuses.

DBF:What you be wantin’ wit’ me Johnny Stones?

Stones: You and me. Next week. For the UK Title.

DBF:Yeah mon?

Stones: Yeah man.

DBF:

Stones:

DBF: It’ll be Grrreat mon.

TAG MATCH

The Ivanoff Brothers vs. The Elimination Agents

A real improvement on the last tag match, but that isn’t saying much. Most of the match is dominated by The Ivanoff Brothers isolating Suicide Agent from his partner, utilizing their brawling skills and quick tags to cut off any comeback. The crowd starts to focus most of their hate on Igor Ivanoff, heckling him mercilessly. Ivan tries to get them back in it, but that seems to throw his game off a little.

Genocides intensity at ringside finally gets a few fans into the match, and when he finally gets the hot tag from his beaten partner after Suicide reversed A Red Curtain attempt into a clothesline, the fans start to get behind them. The bigger of the two Elimination Agents hits clotheslines and shoulder blocks, on both 'brothers', trying to mount a successful babyface comeback. It was no to be however, as Ivan tosses Igor at Genocide to hit the Soviet Missile out of nowhere, and then prevents Suicide from stoping the three. The Ivanoff Brothers win the match, and likely become number one contenders to the Tag Titles.

The Ivanoff Brothers defeated The Elimination Agents in 7:35 when Igor Ivanoff defeated Genocide Agent by pinfall with a Soviet Missile.

Grade: E

Before the Finals of the number one contender tournament, Jonathan Faust, again, makes his way to the announce desk. This time, he takes a seat beside a somewhat leery Nova.

Smith: Um... Ladies and Gentleman, this is a surprise, the world Champion has joined us at the announce table. Er... Thanks for joining us Faust.

Faust: The pleasure Steven of Smith,it is all yours.

Smith: Uh… Okay.

Nova: Well since you’re out here lad, maybe you can tell us your thoughts on this Takeover business.

Faust: Joss of Thompson made his message heard

He wants a title match sometime this year.

Well he can do what e're it is he wills

Tis his right to make himself a fool

The Takeover is nothing but a leech

Who's fangs forgot the skin from which they hang.

Nova:...What?

Smith: I think he said "Joss Thompson can kiss his... um, excuse me... Ass and the Takeover can... again, I'm paraphrasing... 'suck it.'

Nova:...

Smith: ...

Faust: Aye Steven of Smith, you are indeed correct.

Nova:How in the bloody hell do you do that Lad.

Smith: ...I was in the theatre department for about a year. Iambic pentameter isn't so hard after a while.

Nova:...

Smith: ...

Nova: Idactic what now?

Smith: Never mind...

Nova: Well... okay... Faust?

Faust: Aye Jeffery of Nova, what is it you wish?

Nova: ...Right. Eh... Who do you think will be winning the contenders match tonight Faust??

Faust: Jeffery of Nova should I really choose,

Betwixt the angry dog and flying fool?

Well in the mind of one the likes of me

The answer is quite obvious to see.

The fact is neither man is worth the time

For Jon of Faust to even make a rhyme.

Nova: So… Smith what is the man saying?

Smith: I think he’s saying he doesn’t think either man is worth his time Nova.

Faust: Steven of Smith is right, I must confess…

Nova: Alright, alright. You’re not going to talk like that throughout the match are ya lad?

Faust: Does my language truly thus offend?

Will the Scottish madness ever end?

Nova:

Faust:

Nova: I give up.

Faust: To such a request sir I can’t secede…

Nova: Alright, alright. Bloody hell, you’d have better luck with that Nightmare lad.

Grade: D+

#1 CONTENDERS FINAL MATCH

Adam Matravers vs. Pit Bull Brown

It’s now time for our main event! Adam Matravers is a little beaten from his ordeal with Nightmare, and Pit Bull Brown looks focused. Before the match truly begins, both men shake each other’s hands as a sign of mutual respect. And then it’s on, both men locking up early, trying to gain an advantage. As with his last match, Brown has a distinct size and weight advantage over Matravers, and so is able to power him about the ring. Matravers however is quick on his feet, and is able to frustrate Brown with headlocks and hammerlocks, showing of his technical skills. While both men are clean wrestlers, it’s clear that Matravers is the sympathetic favorite.

The initial outset of the match is mostly Brown though. The rough and tough Englishman manages to cut off most of Matravers comebacks, and really lays into him. A power slam from Brown mid match gets two, but it’s clear at this point that unless something happens, momentum is in the Pit Bulls favor. Brown takes his time to stare at Faust, motioning for the belt he carries on his shoulder. The momentary distraction is just what Adam needs, as it allows Matravers to roll Brown up for a quick two count. From here on out the match turns up a notch.

Matravers moves from pinning attempt to pinning attempt; Sunset-flips, la magistal cradles, backslides. Brown kicks out of everyone, but each time he’s just a little slower on the kickout. Adam Matravers has the match completely in his control. Brown tries to push Matravers away from him, but Adam catches Brown with a running sleeper slam off the rebound! Pit Bull Brown is prone on the floor, and in perfect position for the Mile High Moonsault!

Matravers climbs the turnbuckle, but hesitates for a few seconds when Jonathan Faust rises from his seat to stare him down. Adam Matravers grins at the World champion, before indicating his waist, stating that he will soon be the champion. With little else to hinder him, Adam attempts the always graceful Mile High Moonsault! However, the last second distraction from Faust proved to be Adams undoing, for at the last second Brown rolls out of the way, and Matravers hits nothing but mat. Brown gathers up the winded Matravers and connects with a Dog House Piledriver to become the new number one contender for Jonathan Faust's title. Brown stands on the apron and points at Faust, who can only raise his title in defiance.

Pit Bull Brown defeated Adam Matravers in 14:31 by pinfall with a Dog House Piledriver after a distraction from Jonathan Faust.

After the match is over and Matravers, Faust and Brown have returned to the locker rooms, the music of The Takeover's Joss Thompson officially plays. The music causes the fans to erupt in an uproar of boos and heckling, but Thompson, dressed to kill in a designer suit, ignores them. He enters the ring and proceeds to receive a microphone from an aide. After waiting for the crowd to die down, he begins.

Thompson: Six months. Six months is a long time. A baby can learn to crawl in six months. A person diagnosed with cancer can die in six months. Half a year rolls by in six months. And you know why I’m so obsessed with six months right now? Because, it’s been six damn months since I was the 21st Century World Champion. [The crowd pops for this notion, though they don’t like their current champion any better, at least he is a Brit.] Oh you like that don’t you? You find that amusing? Don’t you know that it was I who carried this company on the small of my back during my reign; the Longest in 21CW history I might add? Of course not. Your more interested in when Adam Matravers gets his title shot, or how long DBF will hold onto his UK Championship. None of you care about the real MVP of this promotion. The real MVP’s of this promotion. No one asks themselves why my associate Leo Price has yet to receive a proper shot at the World title. No one stops to think ‘wait, Thompson, you were defending your belt with honor instead of weaseling your way out of title shots like Faust’. And why? It can all be traced to one man.

[He suddenly turns and glares In the direction of the announce booth.]

Which leads me to you… Jeff Nova.

Nova:Me?

Thompson: That’s right old man. I’m calling you out.

Smith: [Worried.] Jeff, this isn’t a good Idea.

Nova: Smith, relax. I can handle a cad like Thompson.

With that, the large Jeff Nova removes his headset and strides to the ring with a Mike and purpose.

Nova:Alright lad. Speak your peace.

Thompson: Since July 2007 you’ve had it out for me. You held me back. You held Kathleen back. You’ve held Price back. Hell every real man in the back knows your inflated ego weighs against this promotion like a lump of steel. Since July 2007 old man, I’ve been the butt of your jokes, I’ve been mocked and disrespected on television, and worse, I have been, again, denied a fair chance at regaining my title. You couldn’t have spread out that Tournament more Nova?

Nova: Those four men deserved it the most lad…

Thompson: The hell they did Nova! None of them could be HALF the champion I was. Hell, most of them have never been 21st Century Champions anyway. You’ve been conspiring to end my career since the day I first stepped foot in this dump. You’ve kept Leo out of the main event because you didn’t like his look. And you refuse to negotiate with Kathleen Lee on title opportunities for her clients because she… What did you call her?

Nova: [shrugging] I’ll say it now. The lass looks like a hussy.

The fans cheer for that, and some even attempt a "She's A Hussy" chant, but Thompson has them back under his spell soon enough.

Thompson: A hussy... Let me tell you something Nova, and I’ll talk real slow so your tiny Scottish brain can comprehend what I’m telling you. We’re. Fed. Up. We’re tired of it. Tired of the disrespect. Tired of the politics. And really, we’re just sick of you. And It’s about time somebody did something. Something that would be remembered for the rest of time. It’s about time you learned a little secret Nova.

Nova: And what’s that Lad?

Thompson: I’ve got just three words for you.

Nova: And what be that la-?

Nova is cut off when Thompson boldly spits directly into the Scots face.

Suddenly it gets deathly still. Nova takes a moment to register what just happened, and then he drops his mike. The fans are chanting for him to shut the arrogant American up, and he looks ready to oblige them. He catches Thompson by the scruff of his collar and pushes him to a corner, and looks like he’s going to take the man out, when Leo Price hits the ring with a baseball bat. He clips Nova in the leg, bringing the big man crumpling to his knees. Kathleen Lee then appears, tossing another bat to Thompson. Thompson and Price begin wailing into The Scottish Strongman with their steel bats, while the crowd slowly begins to die out in horror. Nova makes one final attempt at a comeback, but a well placed bat shot from Thompson to the back of his neck lays the Scot out for good.

A few of our tougher fans are booing. Some of the fans of heels are cheering, though at this point its too few to ruin the moment. Nova lies prone in the ring, while Steve Smith calls for paramedics in a frantic pace over the mike. No one comes. Kathleen giggles with glee. Price sets a blood stained bat to his shoulder, satisfied. Thompson retrieves his mike from a terrified aide after Kathleen Lee threatens her with a bat. He cradles Nova’s unconscious, bleeding head in his lap, a satisfied, deranged smirk never leaving his face.

Thompson: How’s that feel you son of a *****? Six months of torture from you old man. I’m getting it all back… What? What’s that?

He places a hand to Nova’s limp jaw and moves it up and down like a puppet master would his toy.

Thompson: ‘Why Thompson, why?’ Really Nova? You really want to know? Those three words Nova? Come on man. You already know them….

Thompson leans in close, Nova’s Blood seeping into his shirt.

Thompson: “We’re Taking Over.”

Overall D-

(For 21CW, probably an average show. Hopefully we can start to build on the foundations we've set for ourselves. -Sonfaro.)

Notes From the 21st Century...

Backstage

There was an incident involving Pit Bull Brown and Mister King. Brown was spreading rumors about Mister King, which almost led to a fight between the two of them. Management sat Brown down and gave him a stern talking to, reminding him that he was a veteran in the company and he couldn’t behave as such. Reports say Brown accepted the point, and no more was made mention of it.

Ratings

BOBW received a 0.09 in the ratings for the first week of January. This is a strong rating for the company, and the hope is that they can build on the momentum of this show to get a PPV deal very soon.

Improvements/Decline

Both Jonathan Faust and Pit Bull Brown made significant jumps in popularity, Moving from E+ to D-. Hopefully this will lead to better matches.

Signings/Firings

Several workers have signed recently with the company, though no official press release has been delivered. When these talent will appear on television remains to be seen.

The Preview for next weeks show will be posted soon. We hope you will join us... In the 21st Century!

Archived