Preventing tv shows from being axed too soon

I have a problem with my mod that's puzzling me: the Mexican and Japanese promotions who have tv shows begin to be threatened with cancellation as soon as 1 week into the game - in spite of producing shows with reasonable quality (from C to B, usually - with rare exceptions of C- and B+). The promotions in question are all either national or cult, and the problem is not present in USA in any way.

So now my question is: what could be the cause of this? TV network patience? Promotional product settings? Fanbase? Other....? :confused:

It might be the size of the TV networks. I found that lots of the larger sized networks really don't work well in the game. If they are above medium quite often they seem to try to get rid of shows early, so I tended to make networks mostly medium or smaller as well as upping the patience and the wrestling bias.

I'm not sure if promotional product settings influence it at all, but I believe the type of product often seen in Japan with a heavy emphasis on pure wrestling can make dealing with networks difficult. Since it's happening in Mexico where the product should be almost entirely lucha and traditional, my guess would be on network size as the main problem.

But the thing is that the networks broadcasting in USA are pretty big as well... but I'll try to look at the patience setting.

I can't rule out that there is a problem with the pure setting, as Japan seems to be hit worse than Mexico. After I gave all regions in a game a small boost in importance, the Mexican promotions doesn't seem to be struggling as much as they did before.

If you put a regional sized fed a a larger network (usually anything bigger than medium sized) it'll get its show canceled fast. I think cult can go up to a big sized network but not huge. That's why when we did the draft a roster mod every promotion that choose a big network got its show canceled fast and I made sure to put my show on a small sized network.

If you put a regional sized fed a a larger network (usually anything bigger than medium sized) it'll get its show canceled fast. I think cult can go up to a big sized network but not huge. That's why when we did the draft a roster mod every promotion that choose a big network got its show canceled fast and I made sure to put my show on a small sized network.

Your bragging, aren't you?

As was said before... It seems to me that everything effects the shows, no matter if there is competition or not. The overness of the promotion in the regions that channel is broadcast (all regions... one region doing 60% and the rest at 10% is not going to work as well as a promotion with around 29% in all regions the network is shown in). At least that is what recent tests have seemed to show. Also, what was said about the networks views towards wrestling, patience, etc... if they aren't Pro and patient, you can lose your show in a matter of a weeks time.

Archived