Paul Burchill

GDE71

Paul Burchill is the epitome of British wrestling.

Hybrid-Grappling with a stong brawling background.

Technicians with that British pub background.

God bless Burchill and his obvious lack of Roids.

Guy packed on tons and looks like he's hit the juice hard.

HUGE difference compared to last night.

Paul Burchill is the epitome of British wrestling.

Hybrid-Grappling with a stong brawling background.

Technicians with that British pub background.

God bless Burchill and his obvious lack of Roids.

I believe that you mean PAC

And for someone who has experience with people on Roids I really doubt that Burchill is on them as well... he is just kinda fat and not really jacked at all.. some roids wouldn't hurt

I believe that you mean PAC

And for someone who has experience with people on Roids I really doubt that Burchill is on them as well... he is just kinda fat and not really jacked at all.. some roids wouldn't hurt

1. Roids always hurt.

2. He's on roids, he just hadn't/hasn't cut water.

Shame if he is... but I am going to say it right now. That "new" Dj guy for ECW, He can't be on roids can he? I mean I would probably test him every other day just to make sure if I was worried about it (Obviously WWE isn't).

Big weird face

Hell, I would guess 50% or more of the WWW guys are on the roids and about the same for TNA.

1. Roids always hurt.

2. He's on roids, he just hadn't/hasn't cut water.

1. Painful... yes... career helping? Definitely. Burchill is the total package right now in his career in every department but his look... cutting up some and looking more muscular would make his career skyrocket.

2. That could be true but damn he is taking along time to cut the water.

1. Painful... yes... career helping? Definitely. Burchill is the total package right now in his career in every department but his look... cutting up some and looking more muscular would make his career skyrocket.

2. That could be true but damn he is taking along time to cut the water.

I don't think he's on "roids" myself. Fact is, I don't believe half of either roster is on them (WWE or TNA). The ones that are get caught eventually, so we will find out.

I do think that new guy on ECW is though..... He is in good enough form to actually compete in a bodybuilding contest "AS IS". If he's not on them, then he's very naturally gifted (and must work 12 hours a day on it).

Perhaps he was a bodybuilder, and as he gets away from them (roids), he will look more like Cena (also a bodybuilder... but was alot bigger then he is now, after being away from bodybuilding).

I don't wanna get in a big argument about roids, but honestly at least half of the big guys in wrestling are on them.

WWE lets guys who have ruined themselves by taking roids to take roids as a medical treatment.

Vince cares more about you taking pain pills/smoking weed than he does about roids.

TNA is just as bad. 25% of their guys tested positive for roids when they first implemented their drug testing. We all know how many smaller guys TNA uses, so their 25% is alot of guys for their roster.

I don't wanna get in a big argument about roids, but honestly at least half of the big guys in wrestling are on them.

WWE lets guys who have ruined themselves by taking roids to take roids as a medical treatment.

Vince cares more about you taking pain pills/smoking weed than he does about roids.

TNA is just as bad. 25% of their guys tested positive for roids when they first implemented their drug testing. We all know how many smaller guys TNA uses, so their 25% is alot of guys for their roster.

I would prefer not to get into an argument about it either.

If I were Vince I would care more about pain pill abuse than Steroid abuse too. Look at a good portion of wrestlers who have died in the past 10 years... a lot of it is from steroid abuse but how many of those guys also were taking vicadin, halcyon or a bunch of other fun pain pills with it?

Steroid use is perfectly fine if you know how to cycle it and when to get off the junk.. however people aren't willing to look bad for 6 weeks off of it. The reason your supposed to cycle is because your kidneys, reproductive organs, liver and heart need time to rest. Steroid abuse is when guys run into problems.

Steroid use is perfectly fine if you know how to cycle it and when to get off the junk.. however people aren't willing to look bad for 6 weeks off of it. The reason your supposed to cycle is because your kidneys, reproductive organs, liver and heart need time to rest. Steroid abuse is when guys run into problems.

I will just respectfully totally disagree with this statement.

For if it were true, everyone everywhere in the world would be on roids.

My stance, completely devoid of medical evidence or knowledge of health risks, is that steroids in pro-wrestling are completely fine, on an ethical level. It's not like it's a real sport. I liken it to an actor changing his hair colour for a role, or a stripper getting fake cans. Whatever you've got to do to create the illusion.

I'm pretty sure a heavy percentage of WWE and TNA guys are on them, but to me, that's a thing that should be regulated inside the company, with no governmental prodding.

I will just respectfully totally disagree with this statement.

For if it were true, everyone everywhere in the world would be on roids.

He is not lieing about it. All medication can be abused, and using it without a prescription is abuse. Steriods are used for all kinds of treatments and ailments.

The problem in the industry is abuse. If it were this deadly drug that you seem to think it is, doctors would not prescribe it to their patients.

No I would say like 15% of TNA are on roids

Considering 25% of TNA's workers tested positive for them after getting advance warning of the testing, 50% sounds plausible.

Spotting those on roids isn't as simple as eyeballing them and knowing that every big guy is using. After all, both Funaki and Jimmy Yang were caught using them. Just because a guy is small doesn't mean they aren't on steroids and in fact, they're the ones I would expect to be using the most. It seems to be a wrestling culture thing, bigger is better. Big guys beat up little guys, so if you make it -look- like you're big, then you'll get to beat on smaller guys than you.

Thanks to groups like RoH and even TNA to a lesser extent, a little more emphasis is placed upon in ring talent, but even in RoH you can see some guys who look a little bit suspect.

Like someone said earlier, roids don't bother me on an ethical standpoint in wrestling. Wrestling is a performance art and looking good for it makes plenty of sense to me. It's just that the use/abuse of steroids and other drugs is leading to so many of these guys keeling over when they're hitting their 40s, which is quite simply unacceptable. To me, it doesn't seem like something that can be "fixed" by those outside the business (unless the government pulls a serious power play). It seems like it can only be "fixed" from within, but the problem there is that those with power in the business don't -really- want to change things. I mean, they do enough to make it so when people accuse them of irresponsibility concerning their talent's health, they can point at their drug testing policies, but when someone really bothers to look in depth at said plans (like in the recent government report), there are holes throughout.

The american goverment isnt going to do a damn thing about roids in wrestling, its moral tv in a time of depreshion... now is not the time to be going after the wrestling industry or indeed any entertainment industry, its just about all that is keeping the american public from taking their weapons to the streets and raiding the banks.

^^ A major over exageration perhaps, but the point stands, they only go after the entertainment industry when times are going good.

In regards to roids in general, i have no problems with people useing roids for cosmetic reasons, i have a major problem with it been illegal an forced underground, if it was regulated it would be "safe" ... same issue with prosertution if you ask me.

Now i dont need or use eaither of the above, but the fact is... people can and allways will for a number of reasons, isnt it better to make things like this SAFE?

Not to continue my defense of steroids but I just wish that people knew more about it instead of instantly assuming "STEROIDS BAD... ROID RAGE AHHHH".

I have grown up in a family of 3 bodybuilders (My 2 older brothers and an uncle) who cycle steroids all year round... easily some of the best people I have ever been around and none of them seem like they are anywhere close to death... every 9 months they go in for heart, liver and kidney exams and every 9 months they are typically fine.

The main reason why there are steroid deaths in wrestling is because of a lack of people cycling and an overabundance of people who mix roids with hard drugs and prescription pain pills.

Steroids definitely put a HUGE amount of stress on the body so if you add in a line of Cocaine a night plus some pain pills then your body is going to be even more stressed out and thats where problems start to happen. Again the reason why steroids are supposed to be cycled is so you don't feel the long term effects of use.

Not everyone who uses steroids die young. Look at Governer Arnold, Hulk Hogan and Lou Ferrigno (The Original Hulk).

I could argue about this all day but the point is I really think there are a lot worst issues in the world than a few wrestlers using steroids.

Archived