True National Champ

GatorBait19

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200509030068&prov=ap

Week 1 of the 2005 season. Boise State was ranked higher than UGA (in one poll, lower in the other). Georgia completely destroyed them. And when Georgia went on to NOT dominate that year, everyone promptly forgot they beat Boise State (since you know, they should have won) and everyone simply said "Well, Boise State is good, but they apparently couldn't hang with the big boys in a consistent basis." (They proved them wrong, at least against OU).

But the point remains. Boise St had more to gain by beating UGA than UGA did from playing Boise St. If Boise State had won (like they did against OU, UGA looks bad. Since UGA won, everyone said it was expected). Of course, it's a lot like when you're going for your first job. You need experience, but if you don't ever get hired, you never get experience.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put USC and Florida on the field, I'll take USC.

Same with Texas.

So, in my mind it's

1. USC

2. Texas

3. Florida

4. Oklahoma

Utah isn't relevant.

This is just a eye test. Not a I beat this guy, he beat this guy bs.

I saw all of those teams play at least twice, not counting bowls. I still think it's USC, then Texas, then Florida.

Put USC and Florida on the field, I'll take USC.

Same with Texas.

So, in my mind it's

1. USC

2. Texas

3. Florida

4. Oklahoma

Utah isn't relevant.

This is just a eye test. Not a I beat this guy, he beat this guy bs.

I saw all of those teams play at least twice, not counting bowls. I still think it's USC, then Texas, then Florida.

Anyone who thinks Texas could beat Florida is crazy. Did you watch Texas against a crappy Ohio State team?

Also, please note that it's not about the BEST team on paper, it is about who can survive a playoff.

Witness the NFL this year.

Sorry, but Utah is NOT in a BCS conference. There are 6 BCS Conferences:

Big East

Big 10

Big 12

ACC

Pac 10

SEC

That is it. Everyone else is NOT in a BCS conference. Only BCS conferences get automatic bids. Since there are only 6 BCS conferences, I think they shouldn't be allowed to play anyone that isn't in a BCS conference during the regular season. As it stands, BCS teams don't want to play strong non-BCS teams during the season because if they win, it means nothing. And if they lose, it looks bad.

It would be nice if people knew what the hell they were talking about.

If you don't believe me that they are a BCS conference, maybe you will take it straight from the BCS website.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/conferences

It would be nice if people knew what the hell they were talking about.

If you don't believe me that they are a BCS conference, maybe you will take it straight from the BCS website.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/conferences

it would be nice if you knew what the hell you were talking about. Those are all 11 conferences in D1-A. The ONLY BCS conferences are the ones with AUTOMATIC bids into BCS bowl games, and by my count that is 6 (ACC, Big East, Big Ten, Big XII, Pac 10, SEC). (Conference USA, MAC, Mountain West, Sun Belt, Wac, Independent) the other 6 conferences (really 5, but Indies are one for sake of argument) CAN be in the bidding for the 3 AT-LARGE BCS bowl bids, but are not BCS CONFERENCE'S

it would be nice if you knew what the hell you were talking about. Those are all 11 conferences in D1-A. The ONLY BCS conferences are the ones with AUTOMATIC bids into BCS bowl games, and by my count that is 6 (ACC, Big East, Big Ten, Big XII, Pac 10, SEC). (Conference USA, MAC, Mountain West, Sun Belt, Wac, Independent) the other 6 conferences (really 5, but Indies are one for sake of argument) CAN be in the bidding for the 3 AT-LARGE BCS bowl bids, but are not BCS CONFERENCE'S

Read the link *******.

They ARE BCS conferences, they just don't have an automatic bid.

You are ****ing stupid.

You are the reason I hate people.

Learn to read and you might know what the hell you are talking about.

Read the link *******.

They ARE BCS conferences, they just don't have an automatic bid.

You are ****ing stupid.

look, if you think about it your ****ING way, then ya, they are. But in POPULAR america, they ARE NOT. the BCS ****ING CONFERENCES are only ones with AUTOMATIC ****ING BIDS. Dont ****ING call me ****ING STUPID! You dumb piece of ****ing horse ****

look, if you think about it your ****ING way, then ya, they are. But in POPULAR america, they ARE NOT. the BCS ****ING CONFERENCES are only ones with AUTOMATIC ****ING BIDS. Dont ****ING call me ****ING STUPID! You dumb piece of ****ing horse ****

So if I use my brain, I'm right. However, if I agree with everyone who is wrong, then I'm wrong.

Feel good being wrong, as I prefer being right and intelligent.

If I'm the one who is right then you have to be the dumb****.

please dont use foul language.

The BCS conferences are the six NCAA Division I FBS football conferences whose champions receive an automatic bid into the Bowl Championship Series every year. All of these conferences besides the Big East have strong ties to certain BCS bowls (called "affiliations"). The six conferences and their bowl affiliations are:

Atlantic Coast Conference (Orange Bowl)

Big 12 Conference (Fiesta Bowl)

Big East Conference (at-large) (Conference was tied to the Orange Bowl. Starting with the 2006 season, the Orange Bowl will be exclusively tied with the ACC and will use the brand Home of the ACC Champion.)

Big Ten Conference (Rose Bowl)

Pacific-10 Conference (Rose Bowl)

Southeastern Conference (Sugar Bowl)

In addition, independent Notre Dame receives an automatic bid if it finishes in the top eight in the final BCS rankings.

There are other conferences and independent schools who can participate in BCS bowls, but they do not receive automatic bids for their champions. These schools are often called "mid-major" schools. Both the Fiesta Bowl and the Sugar Bowl have taken such schools twice (Utah in both bowls, Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl and Hawai'i in the Sugar Bowl).The conferences include:

Conference USA

Mid-American Conference

Mountain West Conference

Sun Belt Conference

Western Athletic Conference

But they're obviously not really "included" or they would have been ranked higher with that record. Had their name been Notre Dame or University of Miami, you KNOW they would have been playing for the national title. They're only included to avoid legal issues.

But they're obviously not really "included" or they would have been ranked higher with that record. Had their name been Notre Dame or University of Miami, you KNOW they would have been playing for the national title. They're only included to avoid legal issues.

Still doesn't change the FACT that they are BCS conferences. Just ones who don't have an automatice bid. They could have an automatic bid in 2012.

How so? Will the Big 6 and Notre Dame invite them in? The BCS is crooked. They're a little club, and Utah is not in it. It's the same club they use to beat mid majors over the head when it comes to distributing the money. It will take a major overhaul. And it's unlikely that it will happen in 2012. Unless the mothership (ESPN) steps in and changes things. But that's not likely to happen either.

As a clarification on my last post, I was saying that just because you win by a small amount doesn't mean it's a lucky win, then that would mean every time a team wins by a small amount and they're the underdog it's a lucky win. With the Gators I don't think it was a good win if you consider Oklahoma's record in National Championship games with Stopps going into it.

And no, I'm not from Salt Lake, I'm from Wyoming, and I hate almost every team except Wyoming and Duke.

How so? Will the Big 6 and Notre Dame invite them in? The BCS is crooked. They're a little club, and Utah is not in it. It's the same club they use to beat mid majors over the head when it comes to distributing the money. It will take a major overhaul. And it's unlikely that it will happen in 2012. Unless the mothership (ESPN) steps in and changes things. But that's not likely to happen either.

If you would take the time to read you would learn a few things.

Read the last paragraph.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/eligibility

That is kind of dumb to say that about the win wasn't a good win. I mean yeah stoops was 1-2 going into to the game but look at Bowden he is what 1-2 as well in National Championship games and you wouldn't question him going into to games.

I mean Florida's D took the number one offense ever (statically) to the limit and OU's O couldn't do anything about it.

And don't be sour because Duke and Wyoming suck, it's okay I mean Duke is more of a basketball school, and Wyoming... well its Wyoming I don't know too much about them.

But Duke is getting better, but I doubt your coach will stay long to see it grow, Duke will never be a major college program in football because they care too much about basketball.

So whoever lost to UNC in the National Title game in basketball should have been favored (what with Roy Williams sucking in the tournament). If that was the case, OU wouldn't have been sent to the game by the conference.

And they may say they will be re-evaluated, but with the Big 6 in charge you think they'll leave one of their own out? Not likely. And the Pac10 is too short sighted to invite Utah. They have stuck with the Rose Bowl for how long?

dude, its happened like at least every other year. The BCS is stupid and should be scraped for a playoff; or at least a plus 1 system. And the argument that the season would go too long is bull****. As it stands now, Texas and Florida waited what? a month, month in a half to play the national championship game? I say, go to a 16 team playoff format (11 conference champions, 5 at-large) and play the week after the conference championships, and do it that way (4 weeks, same amount of time without the layoff, and maybe an extra week if you want to hype the title game). It would work, and you can send the other teams to the bowl games. So maybe a couple games get scrapped because of it, but thats life.

Archived