'Too much' visibility?

Is it possible to almost 'over saturate' visibility in 1 area? Meaning, if I run a show in the same area - for example Tri State - time after time without giving the area a break and going elsewhere, will this have a negative affect on my gates?

I'm playing the 1992 mod as WWF and need to get Hawaii up in importance to hit National, so I ran my first show there, I am about to run my second and the predicted gate is down on the previous. The first show I ran got a B rating I think, and there were no notes about it having any effect on my popularity.

So are the estimated gates down because I did actually lose some pop due to my previous show, or is it because they only saw my guys a few days ago, so aren't desperate to go and hand over more money to see the same guys?

Also, if it makes any difference, I have f'd up and forgot to do any advance booking, but then I didn't for the first show either so that shouldn't have an affect....

Cheers

Is it possible to almost 'over saturate' visibility in 1 area? Meaning, if I run a show in the same area - for example Tri State - time after time without giving the area a break and going elsewhere, will this have a negative affect on my gates?

I'm playing the 1992 mod as WWF and need to get Hawaii up in importance to hit National, so I ran my first show there, I am about to run my second and the predicted gate is down on the previous. The first show I ran got a B rating I think, and there were no notes about it having any effect on my popularity.

So are the estimated gates down because I did actually lose some pop due to my previous show, or is it because they only saw my guys a few days ago, so aren't desperate to go and hand over more money to see the same guys?

Also, if it makes any difference, I have f'd up and forgot to do any advance booking, but then I didn't for the first show either so that shouldn't have an affect....

Cheers

Yes, yes it will. You can combat this to some extent with advanced booking, and sometimes the drop off won't be enough to prevent you from still selling out the arena.

Example: 3500 people are expected in an area... so you can hold multiple shows at a 2000 capacity arena without too much worry.

I found having a week between shows does help a bit too... its when I hold a weekly show then try to hold a big event a couple days later that problems can arise for me.

You can advance book on the day of the show itself - even in the PM screen. It doesn't have a negative affect on attendance.

The benefit (and drawback) of advance booking matches a long time in advance is that subsequent events will affect the heat of the advance booked matches, whether upwards or downwards.

OK, thanks for the replies.

Just to clear up, how do you raise importance? Does it rise in a similar manner that Pop will? IE: Put on good shows = rise, put on wrestlecrap = drop?

To raise importance in 1 area, do I need to hold the show there, or just for it to be visible?

Cheers

If you have a TV coverage, you dont need to appear in Hawaii as the tv coverage will be enough to increase your popularity.

The Importance of a region does not change, Importance is a percentage in relation to Popularity. Areas like Tri-State has a 100% importance unlike Hawaii which has 70%.

You can check the Help File page 5 on Schedule for more info on being too visible

Importance of fed in area = popularity of fed in area x (the importance of the area/100) easy enough so just rise in popularity. Visibilty is enough but if you dont visit at all for long time your pop will drop. Use house shows to cover this or hold a show there.

OK, so hypothetcially say an area has 25 importance (I assume x out of 100), then you could never reach A importance in that region?

Exactly, and no decent mod will ever, EVER have a region like that.

Quite simply, that will make it impossible for any company in that country to ever reach National.

50 is the lowest in the C-Verse I believe, and even that isn't what one would call "cool".

Archived