SPOILERS UFC 94 Discussion

ACCBiggz

Wow don't think I've ever seen that many decisions on onr card, 80% decisions. Jones looked awesome and may be one for the future if he can up his cardio. Kim deserved to win that fight but wasn't robbed as it was a close fight. Penn can run away back to the Lightweight division after that beating and I don't think he'll be coming back anytime soon. After a GSP vs. Alves fight I would love to see an Anderson Silva vs. GSP fight, providing GSP beats Alves.

Kim got robbed bad, I thought he won the fight

I'm suprised Diaz even scored a 29-28 against Guida, i thought Guida won the fight convincingly

Jones is a killer, Jones could be a future champ

Although I'm upset Thiago Silva lost, Lyoto is just in-human, he will probably end up fighting Evans very soon

GSP recked Penn, and after all that hype, Penn got beaten down, he was out of gas, he was cut and bruised and everything, and just got the beating I thought he deserved

Although I'm upset Thiago Silva lost, Lyoto is just in-human, he will probably end up fighting Evans very soon

From what I've been told Dana has said that he doesn't think Lyoto is getting the next shot. And that if Rampage beats Jardine it will be Rampage vs. Evans next.

This is sort of funny, because I pretty much called that this card was going to be bad. I just sort of had a gut feeling, which I kept telling a friend that it was just going to be boring.

Called the Lyoto KO, though anyone that paid attention to his fights could see that Thiago played right into his style. Sure, Thiago hits hard, but Lyoto's timing is insane.

I thought that Kim had a chance of winning, but apparently not. :\

Also thought that Jon Jones was going to KO Stephan Bonnar, due to Bonnar's ring rust, and having watched Jon Jones' other fights. This guy's takedowns are just absolutely beautiful to watch, and he has the speed and power to be a danger in the stand-up department if he keeps working it. Watch this guy.

Knew Guida was going to smother Diaz. Did hope in the back of my head that Diaz would pull out a triangle from his ass.

Also was pretty much certain that GSP was going to absolutely maul BJ. I expected a 3rd round finish, but BJ's tougher than that. Whoops.

Overall, the event is fairly weak compared to everything else. Hell, 93 was a better show than this overall. I wasn't very excited leading up to the event, but I got hyped up after watching Jon fight. Lyoto did not disappoint, and perhaps ironically, was one of only two fights that finished that night. For a fighter that MMA 'fans' claim can't finish, he sure as hell did there. I thought it was a waste of 50 bucks, though. :\

As much as I've been pushing Lyoto as the #1 contender for nearly two years now, I honestly can not argue Rampage getting a shot. He's the former champion who lost a much debated decision (I still score that fight a draw), and then he came back with a R1 KO over Wanderlei. Most champions either get an immediate rematch or win one and then one... I can't argue that, if he wasn't the former champion then I'd say no... but he has a right to prove himself too.

I'd still prefer two undefeated fighters going at it at UFC 100 for the title. Then let Rampage have the winner.

Rampages biggest problem right now is his legal trouble. He could very well be convicted on serious charges from his DUI where he hit the pregnant woman and killed her child. I think UFC is waiting to see what happens with that which is why they are postponing his rematch since you don't want a champion being convicted of manslaughter.

GSP dominated Penn which I was hoping for. I thought Penn would put up a much tougher fight I dont really know what happened on his end. Round 1 was the most even of them all and even then he was getting physically pushed around. It looks like it will be GSP vs Alves and hopefully after that GSP vs Silva which I think would be awesome.

p.s. I really wanted Gono to win :(

Rampages biggest problem right now is his legal trouble. He could very well be convicted on serious charges from his DUI where he hit the pregnant woman and killed her child. I think UFC is waiting to see what happens with that which is why they are postponing his rematch since you don't want a champion being convicted of manslaughter.

He's already pleaded. Go to a psyche a few times and be cleared, 200 hours of community service.

GSP dominated Penn which I was hoping for. I thought Penn would put up a much tougher fight I dont really know what happened on his end. Round 1 was the most even of them all and even then he was getting physically pushed around. It looks like it will be GSP vs Alves and hopefully after that GSP vs Silva which I think would be awesome.

First round it looked to me like BJ was just feeling it out, not spending too much energy by fighting things like being pushed to the cage. Just wanted to see how it went. But then, where I had a problem with his performance, he didn't try anything. He didn't let his hands go at all, on the ground he didn't try for omaplata's, triangles, armbars, etc. He basically laid there and would try to maintain guard. A few times I thought he had the opportunity to use his dexterity to throw his legs up and try for something just to make GSP aware and be cautious... he didn't do it. So I'm not sure what was going on with him at that point.

BJ had another 'broken rib'.

In all seriousness, BJ just looked utterly deflated after GSP took him down the first time and passed his guard. I think he was just overwhelmed by GSP's much improved wrestling, and really I don't think BJ has the mental toughness to overcome someone that's just stronger than him. He had a few opportunities in the 3rd and 4th to do something, and possibly could have still worked in the 5th - but he just gave up in my opinion.

After GSP got the beatdown position in the 2nd, is when I think BJ gave up.

GSP's domiation of BJ was unreal that was by far the most impressive win of his career. Nobody has ever passed BJ's guard like that with so little effort so many times I was blown away. Ive always thought that talent wise BJ Penn was the best fighter in the world but GSP made BJ look bad. I think a big part of his great showing was due to the gameplan he came in with it was excellent big props to the people at Jacksons.

I think Lyoto proved he's more deserving of the title shot than Rampage but even if Page gets it before him at this point I think it's just a matter of time until Lyoto wins the belt. I think he's the best guy at 205 right now belt or no belt.

Im pretty sure this card had the most split decisions on any UFC card ever. Certainly more than any ive ever seen.

He's already pleaded. Go to a psyche a few times and be cleared, 200 hours of community service.

That is until he get's sentenced in January next year. The felony charges could be dropped due to his community service, etc. or he could face additional punishment. Still, do you really want a champion doing community service and all that? I'm not saying he shouldn't get a shot I just think the UFC is waiting for everything to settle down a bit, he just had his court stuff this month.

All charges are pending his completion of the plea agreement, which he and the UFC will make sure he does. If it's completed then it's all over and it's finished. And it's quite obvious the UFC isn't waiting because they had him co-main event 92 in his fight with Wanderlei and Dana said if he beats Jardine he's getting the next shot. If they were waiting he wouldn't be headlining and promised title shots.

Archived