Ring of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate (2002)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I got an error today when I tried to load TEW2008 for the first time in a month or so. In attempting to fix said error, I accidentally deleted my save data. I periodically e-mail a backup of the data to myself, but the last time I did so was many (in-game) months ago, and not worth the effort it would take for me to get it up-to-date. I will continue looking through my hard drive, discs and flash drives on the off chance that I have something more recent stashed away, but my hopes are not very high.

Damn that sucks if it is gone for good, I hope its not as it would be a shame to end like this.

Could be worth having a look if a backup of the save has been automatically created on your system if your search for a manually created backup doesn't prove fruitful. If you right click on the save games folder an option should appear for Restore Previous Versions (assuming it is the same for all windows operating systems), if you are lucky there might be a recent (or atleast more recent than your email version) one that you can use.

So I got an error today when I tried to load TEW2008 for the first time in a month or so. In attempting to fix said error, I accidentally deleted my save data. I periodically e-mail a backup of the data to myself, but the last time I did so was many (in-game) months ago, and not worth the effort it would take for me to get it up-to-date. I will continue looking through my hard drive, discs and flash drives on the off chance that I have something more recent stashed away, but my hopes are not very high.

That truly sucks, i cant even think of how thats like for you....But i would like to say one thing, if you dont get it back up and running...we have all had a SERIUSLY awsome time, i(i think i can speak for others to ) have read this, loved it and gotten inspired multiple times....this is one of the best ...Best in the world...

on a side note...if you dont make it, you will have to make a kayfabe speach to the locker room, you have to :D :D ;)

An ongoing family issue (which I believe I mentioned in passing a couple of months ago) has taken a sharp turn over the last week and a half or so, and I really haven't had the chance to look into this situation much. I'm not ready to declare it dead just yet, but we'll see how it goes.

Ouch man that sucks it's one thing to end this at a point you want but to have it just cut out like this i feel cheated in a way

You and me both. I am (or was?) pretty excited about some of my near-future plans. June's Death Before Dishonor was a show I was particularly looking forward to.

Damn that sucks if it is gone for good, I hope its not as it would be a shame to end like this.

Could be worth having a look if a backup of the save has been automatically created on your system if your search for a manually created backup doesn't prove fruitful. If you right click on the save games folder an option should appear for Restore Previous Versions (assuming it is the same for all windows operating systems), if you are lucky there might be a recent (or atleast more recent than your email version) one that you can use.

I tried that; no go. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Looks like the last of the greats in TEW10 is done. :(

Well, I believe that michgcs' stellar WWE diary has carried over from 2010 into the 2013 section. But yeah, with your diary being killed by Double J, and now this, this section is turning into a ghost town. :(

That truly sucks, i cant even think of how thats like for you....But i would like to say one thing, if you dont get it back up and running...we have all had a SERIUSLY awsome time, i(i think i can speak for others to ) have read this, loved it and gotten inspired multiple times....this is one of the best ...Best in the world...

on a side note...if you dont make it, you will have to make a kayfabe speach to the locker room, you have to :D :D ;)

Thanks for the kind words, buddy. If this is the end, I'm glad you were able to pop back in.

Not sure if I'd do a kayfabe farewell, but I would definitely do a post detailing my major future plans. That obviously won't happen unless and until I officially throw in the towel.

While I will miss this dynasty, I'm sure the ever growing amount of TEW 13 mods will allow Final Coutdown to find another period in time to write a new dynasty about. I will look forward to that.

I check in on the 2013 mod section periodically (moreso once this debacle started), looking for a mod that gets the creative juices flowing. I haven't purchased TEW2013, but if a mod comes along that really gets me excited about an idea, I will probably do so.

I'm officially out of options. Which means, after 2,732 posts and 220,712 views as of this writing, we're at an end. Not the way I wanted it to finish, but we had a good run.

There are so many people I'd like to thank individually, but for fear of accidentally leaving out someone who deserves recognition, I will just give a blanket thanks to everyone who followed along and posted their comments, predictions, etc. Writing this dynasty turned into quite a bit more work than I had anticipated, but the response I got made it well worth it. I hope to see many of you commenting in my next dynasty (wink, wink.)

Special thanks do need to be given to Genadi (and all who helped him) for releasing the 2002 mod. Without his stellar work, this obviously would not have been possible.

So, what's next for me? Well, I'm going to play around with the TEW2013 demo some more this weekend. I downloaded the demo when it was first released, but was still too invested in this thread to spend too much time on it. I plan to delve a bit deeper into it this weekend to familarize myself with two games' worth of changes, and in all probability this will lead to me purchasing the game sometime next week. I'm not sure exactly when I will start up a TEW2013 dynasty, but it's probably inevitable. Not until I believe I've got something that can last for the long haul like this one did, though.

In my next post, I will share some of my future booking plans that will, sadly, never come to fruition.

The Future That Never Was

ROH World Championship:

The Straightedge Era ends:

CM Punk and Bryan Danielson would wrestle to a stalemate, with Danielson retaining the Pure title against Punk at The Hunt Is On before they fought to a one hour draw in a title vs. title match the following month. This would put Punk at 9 title defenses, just one away from tying Christopher Daniels' record of 10, heading into June's Death Before Dishonor.

At DBD, Punk would defend his title against John Hennigan, who would choose to use his automatic title opportunity to challenge Punk despite Austin Aries trying to convince him to use it on a tag team title match for the two of them. When Hennigan made his choice, Aries would tell him that if he was going to be selfish instead of being a team player, he'd have to deal with Punk without the support of GenNext. Despite that, Hennigan would unseat Punk in a stunning upset and become the new ROH World Champion.

The Megastar flies solo:

The relationship between Hennigan and the rest of GenNext would remain tense even after he won the belt. Things would really come to a head after Hennigan retained the title in a rematch against Punk at July's All-American Honor. After the match, the entirety of Generation Next would pummel Hennigan, officially booting him out of the group. This would lead to both Roderick Strong and Kevin Steen using their respective automatic title matches to try and take down Hennigan (at the August big show and on an episode of TV), but both would fail. Finally, Aries would goad Hennigan into giving him a title shot, and the protege would defeat his former mentor at Glory By Honor.

Finally, Phenomenal:

AJ Styles would lose in the Semifinals of the Hunt for Honor tournament to eventual winner Samoa Joe, thanks to the interference of the man AJ beat a round earlier, Homicide. It would later be revealed that Homicide had accepted a bribe from AJ's longtime nemesis CM Punk to do the deed, as Punk wanted to ensure that AJ would not win the tournament and get a shot at him. After winning a violent feud against Homicide, AJ and the now ex-champ Punk would finally meet again at Glory By Honor. The match would end in a double countout when AJ chose to dive onto Punk in the crowd rather than return to the ring and win. Punk would subsequently file a restraining order on the basis that AJ decided to deliberately try and hurt him rather than winning, keeping the two apart. AJ would win Survival of the Fittest in October, and then end John Hennigan's 6 month title reign at Final Battle. He would use the title to convince Punk to drop his restraining order, and at the Fourth Anniversary Show, would finally defeat Punk in a steel cage match to bring their feud to an end. No set plans were in place for AJ's title reign beyond this, but it is likely that he would have held the belt for at least a year and surpassed the record title reign of Christopher Daniels.

ROH Pure Wrestling Championship:

Bryan Danielson would finally lose the title after a year and a half--to none other than the ROH Wrestling Academy graduate that he himself trained, Davey Richards. Danielson would refrain from using his rematch right away, instead wanting Davey to establish himself and prove that his win wasn't a fluke (because Bryan himself could not accept the idea of losing the belt after a year and a half to an unworthy opponent.) Their rematch would happen at the Fourth Anniversary, and after Davey won again, Danielson would shake his hand out of respect, turning face in the process. Soon thereafter, Davey would drop the title to Nigel McGuinness, who would go on a lengthy title run (potentially ending in him being the one to beat AJ Styles for the world title, merging both belts and retiring the Pure.)

ROH Tag Team Championship:

The MCMG would have a solid title reign before eventually losing to Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli. After the match, Larry Sweeney would proclaim the new champions to be the 'Kings of Wrestling' (this is why I avoided calling them by that name.) No real plans beyond this, but the Kings probably would have been champs for quite some time.

And that about sums it up. If something is unclear or you want details on something or someone that I neglected to mention, feel free to ask.

Very sad to see this go, especially in this way, but I am excited to see what you do next (assuming you do start a new dynasty).

Interesting plans for the future, would have loved to see the Davey pure title run and subsequent Danielson face turn.

Hennigan's world title run would have been a real surprise, one question about it though: You mention Steen & Strong would get shots at the title and one of them would have been at the August 'big' show, any idea which of them you would have put that faith in to main event a big show (or was it likely a different match would have been the main event)?

And two more questions, one which was kind of dealt with in the interview we did, and one 'any plans for x' question.

Do you think you would have properly introduced the women's division (and if so any plans? (Especially converting Alexis from an interviewer/ring announcer into a competitor))?

And, were there any specific plans for KENTA going forward? (with both AJ and Davey going on to titles KENTA seems a little left out from Team Styles.)

What about guys like Daniels, Joe, Corino, and Super Dragon?

Daniels: With the feud between the Prophecy and GenNext finished, Daniels' role was primarily going to be working with up and coming heel talent to help establish them. Obviously, his reputation was such that he would always be available to step up in a main event role if needed.

Joe: As I mentioned in my previous post, he was going to win the Hunt for Honor tournament. That would set him up for a title feud with Hennigan in the fall. Nothing much planned for him beyond that, though he probably would have been one of the biggest challengers for the Pure title during Davey's run with the belt.

Corino: Basically a heel version of Daniels. You were already seeing the beginning of this with his feud with Davey Richards, which existed solely to help boost Davey up before he was to take the Pure title from Danielson..

Super Dragon: No specific plans for him. I fear he would have largely become lost in the shuffle, at least until TNA started signing some of our shared workers to written deals.

Very sad to see this go, especially in this way, but I am excited to see what you do next (assuming you do start a new dynasty).

I think that's very likely; I just need to find the right inspiration. That post-MITB 2011 idea I mentioned is still floating around, but there doesn't appear to be a suitable mod in that timeframe on the horizon.

Interesting plans for the future, would have loved to see the Davey pure title run and subsequent Danielson face turn.

Me too; I was very excited for that storyline.

Hennigan's world title run would have been a real surprise, one question about it though: You mention Steen & Strong would get shots at the title and one of them would have been at the August 'big' show, any idea which of them you would have put that faith in to main event a big show (or was it likely a different match would have been the main event)?

I was undecided as to the order of the August event. The main event would probably either have been Hennigan's defense, or the blowoff to the AJ/Homicide feud in some sort of gimmick match (likely Fight Without Honor or an NYC street fight.) If I'd gone with Hennigan's defense as the headliner, Roderick would have gotten the spot. He was more over and a better, more well-rounded worker than Steen.

And two more questions, one which was kind of dealt with in the interview we did, and one 'any plans for x' question.

Do you think you would have properly introduced the women's division (and if so any plans? (Especially converting Alexis from an interviewer/ring announcer into a competitor))?

The women's division would have had a proper introduction once I decided to truly run with it, title and all. With the switch to a 90 minute TV show, that was probably going to come up soon. Alexis would have given up her backstage duties to wrestle full-time, and would have been replaced by someone like Maria Kanellis (in other words, a female with little wrestling talent.) I also probably would have had her start going by the name Mickie James to complete the transition.

I would have done an 8-woman tournament to crown the first champ, and was tentatively considering Glory By Honor as the setting for the final round. Lacey was penciled in as the first champ after cheating to beat Mickie in the finals, setting off a feud that would eventually lead to Mickie taking the title off of her.

And, were there any specific plans for KENTA going forward? (with both AJ and Davey going on to titles KENTA seems a little left out from Team Styles.)

KENTA was actually going to have the most immediate success of the three, as he was going to make it all the way to the finals of the Hunt for Honor before losing to Joe. I didn't have any concrete ideas for him beyond that. I was mulling the idea of trying to figure out a suitable full-time partner and making them one of my top face tag teams, but that was nothing more than a vague concept at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a shameless bump of total self-promotion, but seeing as this section of the board is pretty much dead, I hope it won't bother people too much.

10 days ago, I began my second ever diary: one which begins in March of 1987, with me booking the WWF. A total departure from this one, I know. I'm not sure how much "crossover appeal" there is/will be, considering the vastly different eras (though one of my goals is to make it a decades-spanning diary that will hopefully reach and even surpass the timeframe that this one took place in.) Still, if any of you were fans of this diary, want to give my new one a shot, and haven't heard of it until now, here's the link: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523965

As this will likely be the last post I ever make in this thread (barring a comment from someone else that I think merits a response), let me thank everyone one last time for following along. I had a blast with this, and learned a lot.

Archived