Development - without tv...?

I am playing as WWF in the 1996 mod (which by the way is BRILLIANT) and so far the only promotion that has agreed to be my development thread is CWA in Europe which isn't exactly what I want, but at least it is development so I can send the young guys there and it is also somewhere to put Linda so I don't see that angry red face each time I go through 'talk to worker'.

The problem is CWA are a touring fed, so do my guys still develop even if they aren't putting on regular shows or should I really try and get another promotion that has a regular schedule?

I am a bit hesitant to ditch them completely because they have pretty much fired all the guys they had under contract to accomodate my guys, so if I pull out then they are left without a roster...

Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers

A touring fed is the best way to develop. thing about it this way if you're a regualr fed with no TV deal you put on one show a month so 12 shows a year.

No TV deal fed = 12 show per year

If you are a standard fed with a TV deal you put on 5 shows a month so 60 shows a year.

TV Deal Fed = 60 shows per year

A touring fed that tours a minimum of 6 months a year with a measly 2 shows a week buts on 8 shows a month for 6 months which is 48 shows a year

Touring 2 a week/6 months = 48 shows per year

Now and this is my personal favorite two months on 1 month off for 8 months a year touring with 3 shows a week makes for a total of 12 shows a month for 8 months thus 96 shows a year

Touring 3 a week/8 months = 96 shows per year

So here are the comparisons I'd check how many touring months CWA and how many shows a week.

No TV deal fed = 12 show per year

TV Deal Fed = 60 shows per year

Touring 2 a week/6 months = 48 shows per year

Touring 3 a week/8 months = 96 shows per year

I have a US based cult promotion with a TV deal covering my developmental, the best thing is that they also have a friday weekly show in addition to the TV show so they do 2 shows a week one on tv, one off, +1 ppv a month, so im getting the best of both worlds regards overness growth and skill development.

That said touring promotions have been made to sound alot more tempting due to this thread.

i always make sure i get a touring fed to be my development fed, i won't try to get any regular ones as 9 times out of 10 it's usually just one show a month, and at the rate i sign workers for development, 12 shows a year really isn't enough to accomodate all the guys i get

Chris Benoit, Vader, Steve Regal, Fit Finlay, Owen Hart and many, many other WWF/WCW-Stars actually worked CWA before joining the big leagues, so even though I don't think they had any official agreements with any US companies (past AWA, that is) it's not even all that unrealistic to have them as a development leauge.

Archived