Enforcer:An Arn Anderson Diary

Well,it's been a horrible 6 months or so...too much responsibility/workload at a lousy job combined with management that is honest to god, legitimately out of control to the point where I questioned their sanity (We're talking about every day lining people up and nit-picking someone over something incrdibly minor and anal to the point of tears and medical complications from being so upset)....it pretty much pushed me to a long break down.

End result: After a good telling off of management,I am now unemployed. the upside is after a nice long rest over the last 6 weeks or so, I am feeling better than i have in a LONG time and ready to come back to this sucker and get it going again,plus now I've got the free time to do it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wednesday,Week 4,February,1983:

*After a signal outage that seemed to last forever, the picture finally cuts back in,catching the very tail end of a Ginsu Steak Knife commercial before the familiar opening graphic and some music from Average White Band reminds us MSW is once again on the air*

"Once again,Mid-South Wrestling brings you the very best in professional wrestling...I'm Boyd Pierce,here with my partner and President of Mid-South Wrestling Bill Watts.....Bill,I understand you have an announcement to make concerning this week's show? That's right Boyd...you know the past few weeks we've had a certain few guys runnin' around here, shooting their mouths off,acting like they can do whatever they want....well,let me tell ya something....if there's one thing....no,TWO things I can't stand,it's big mouths and guys who think the rules don't apply to them.I just got off the phone with the Committee and they agreed with me,things are out of control,and they authorized me to do WHATEVER I need to do to clean things up...so I'll tell ya what....Rat Pack,I know you're back there getting ready for your match...well don't bother because as of right now you're banned from the building!*cheers go up*Now,JYD and Mr.Wrestling II....I know you were supposed to wrestle those guys tonight and it wouldn't be fair to not let you compete....so what we're gonna do is have you face a substitue team......of Hacksaw Butch Reed and Hacksaw Jim Duggan,who earlier volunteered to fill in so the fans could still see a great match!Now that takes care of one problem.....the other....Super Olympia....Super Olympia,I know you're friends with those Rat Pack idiots,especially that Mr.Olympia....but apparently since you legally contracted to wrestle tonight,and on all the offical paperwork,you are not listed as an offical member of The Rat Pack,I can't have you removed from the building.....what I can do though is have you face someone without worrying about your buddy Mr.Olympia being there to help you out,so tonight you'll be wrestling Terry Taylor!"

Match#24:Super Olympia vs. Terry Taylor:

They lock it up to start...and Super Olympia's already got control of the arm....twisting,yanking,pounding on it.He's already setting the man up for that Step Over Arm Bar Boyd....you know, we went to the State Athletic Committe on this because one day he's going to seriously injure someone with that hold....but apparently it does fall within the rules of a legal hold so I have no choice but to allow it!Olympia backs him up....no Taylor coming back with some strong shots...look at that chop,it just took Olympia right off his feet!Now it's Taylor working on Olympia's arm...driving a knee in.....Taylor knows a few holds too,Boyd...maybe now Super Olympia can see what it feels like!Taylor's a great athlete and he's showing it here,nice amatuer wrestling,staying on that arm...Olympia slides free and look at that a nice amatuer style suplex by Super Olympia but he had to ruin by first using the closed fist!That really bothers me,this guy could be so good,but that Mr.Olympia has him taking short cuts!There goes Super Olympia back to the arm....he really does know how to wrestle,look at those nice amatuer holds....Taylor is back up,he lays inro Anderson with one those hard forearm shots he's know for...another.....Olympia's firing back...but look at that Taylor was just too strong for him!Taylor works the arm....no,Olympia rolled through,he has Taylor by the arm...roll thr-oh no! Olympia saw it coming and caught him.....he delivers a back suplex!Olympia with a hammerlock...REALLY working it.....now he's got the arm straddled,bending back.....he turns him and has the arm pinned....he's stomping it! Boyd,he could break Taylor's arm like that!He lifts Taylor arm....hammerlock....body slam onto that hammerlocked arm...this is disgusting he's trying to cripple the man!Taylor may be seriously hurt...wait.....the fans! They're getting behind Taylor,he's getting back up!A rapid series of chops....series of forearms has Super Olympia stunned!Taylor has the arm....look at that Olympia reversed it...he's trying to yank Terry Taylor's shoulder out of the socket!Taylor's down,Olympia is just pounding him,I think Terry Taylor might have gone unconscious......now what's this? Olympia's point over here....Boyd,what's he saying? I think he said "This one's for you,Watts"........there it is Step Over Arm Bar...how vicious! Taylor is out of it, Alfred Neely's gonna stop this one right here!Wow....listen to all that booing,right now,I don't if these people hate anymore more than Super Olympia.....

Super Olympia def. Terry Taylor via Submission(Anderson Step Over Arm Bar) in in 9:50

Rating:F(Poor Terry got almost nothing in,which somehow made for a classic TV squash match lol)

Quick Results:

Super Olympia d. Terry Taylor

Crusher Darsow d. Rick Steiner

Blade Runner Rock d. Sam Houston for the Lousiana State Championship

Ernie Ladd d. Magnum T.A.

JYD & Mr.Wrestling II d. The Haxksaws to retain the mid South Tag Team Titles

Attendance:1,243(Alright gate considering it ran in South East)

Bill Apter and PWI Present...Wrestling News from Around The World:

-In Florida, "friends" Ron Bass and Blackjack Mulligan went at it this Sunday over the Brass Knuckles Title....at the end of the day Bass wa;led awy with the title, in front of 3,322.

-The 2,150 people who brave icy roads and snowy conditions in Clargary,Alberta Canada Monday saw Black Angus Campbell defeat the phenomenal Dynamite Kid for the British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight Title.

-The weather was fine in Mexico,and 825 saw The Tag Team Masters(Fantasma & Super Pinochio) defeat The Lone Gunmen(Lobo Rubio and Black Man) for the UWA World Tag Team Titles.

-In Women's action Monday, Team Chaos(Beastie & Palestina The Terrorist) defeated Corporal Kelly and Attache for the G.L.O.W. Tag Team Titles,the gate was 3,082.

-Continuing Women's action in Japan Tuesday; Candi Devine defeated Jaguar Yakota for the All-Japan Women's Title,415 were there.

(Interesting side note:EMLL is consistently outdrawing the WWF each week by an average of about 5,000 seats....also D.Boon/Captainlou if you're out there, The Masked Superstar is STILL YOUR WWF WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION...made defense number 4 against Snuka on Tuesday Night Titans)

Enforcer's Log:

-Improved in Aerial and Flashiness skills.

Yes, I'm still out there. Welcome back, although under now unemployed status. Rest is always good to bring things back down after a stress breakdown. I'm starting to pull in a lot of hours myself at work but it also allows me to keep things going with you-know-who.

WWF needs another champion, although I like to root for heels.

Thrusday,Week 4,February 1983:

Another Thusday, another episode of Steel Belt Wrestling! Superhero Battman will meet brutish Wlado Von Erich!Battle of the tough guys when Killer Kowalski meets Brute Bernard!The legendary Johnny Powers locks up with one of the greatest NWA World Champions of all time, the original Nature Boy,Buddy Rogers!For openers, everyones' favorite Johhny DeFazio tales on the mysterious and dangerous Super Olympia!

Match#24:Super Olympia vs. Johnny DeFazio(2/3 Falls):

They circle a bit to warm up...Olympia going for something but DeFazio caught him in a Side Headlock, and now's he laying in some shots!Nice exchange of holds here,and Olympia takes control with an arm wringer,he takes it into a top wrist lock..DeFazio uses his stength to power free,and it's a slugfest!Punch..punch....oh,Olympia caught him off guard with a kick,he lifts DeFazio,Suplex!DeFazio bounces right back up and look at him go! Punch,kick,forearm,european uppercut,he's really taking it to Super Olympia....hammerlock takedown and an arm bar,straddling the arm,I guess turnabout is fair play!Olympia slips free,and he's taken over,delivering the punishment now....big headbutt by Super Olympia and DeFazio goes down,I think he might have loaded up the mask!DeFazio right back up though,Olympia has him in a hammerlock....ouch,he just launched DeFazio into the corner,his shoulder his that solid steel ring post hard!DeFazio still on his feet though,he caught Olympia with a jab with his good arm....now he's peppering Olympia with jabs....big running start...no,Olympia read the move and took him high in the air with a backdrop!The crowd is getting behind DeFazio,giving him energy,he's back up and hitting Super Olympia with big shots!Lefts...rights....lefts....rights....what a beating,Super Olympia is out on his feet! DeFazio sets him up....oh,cheap shot by Olympia doubles DeFazio up,he hooks the arms,Double Underhook Suplex!DeFazio fighting back,Super Olympia ducked that big punch and has the hammerlock on....ouch,bodyslam onto the arm! Now it's Super Olympia working that arm...he has it straddled,wrenching on it,driving his elbow in....Defazio got a foot up and shover Super Olympia off,he caught Olympia coming in....series of punches...oh no,Super Olympia got DeFazio in the eyes,he's blind!Super Olympia quickly sets him up.....Gourdbuster!Cover...1....2.....3! Super Olympia takes the first fall after some questionable tactics!

*Ater a short rest,the second fall begins* They circle....DeFazio caught Olympia off guard,he lifts him up....wait Super Olympia shifted and fell onto him in a pin,this could be it already...1....kick out!Arm Wringer Takedown....Olympia is looking for the Step Over Arm Bar.....no,DeFazio is in the ropes to break!Ouch,Atmoic drop jars DeFazio's spine and he's down!Looking for the Step Over Arm Bar....no DeFazio turned and blocked it,he's lifting Olympia up... he' couldn't hold Olympia up...it's a pin...1...2...no!DeFazio reverses during a sit out,he caught Olympia in an Abdominal Stretch!Ref is checking......Olympia is weakening........no,Olympia turned it into a hip toss!Defazio on him quickly,lifts him....Airplane Spin,Super Olympia is disoriented!Olympia falls down,DeFazio turns him over,Boston Crab!Ref checks.......escaped!DeFazio holds on though and lifts him....Vertical Suplex...he floats over into a pin!1....2.....kick out!Airplane Spin by DeFazio!1....2.....kick out right at 2!Vertical Suplex!1....2...kick out!DeFazio is all over Super Olympia.....wait, solid overhand right by Super Olympia caught DeFazio right between the eyes,he looks out on his feet!Gourdbuster....1....2....3!*crowd comes to their feet* Wow,Olympia just barely takes that second fall to win the match,it could have gone either way!

Super Olympia def. Johnny DeFazio in two stright falls in 23:40

Rating: B

Quick Results:

Super Olympia def. Johnny DeFazio

Waldo Von Erich d. Battman

Baron Scicluna & Dominic DeNucci d. Sal Bellomo & Mario Milano

Killer Kowalski went to a time limit draw with Brute Bernard

Johnny Powers d. Buddy Rogers

Attendance: 1,878

Bill Apter and PWI Present...Wrestling News From Around The World:

-In Japan's NPJW Dynamite Kid defeated Tiger Mask Thursday in front of 5,247a match that had to be seen to be believed.

Enforcer's Log:

Great to have you back, Warrior. I love that angle you're working with Watts. Adds some real character to the matches.

Cheers!

Appreciated.:)

For me it's actually fun to "do a Bill Watts" and try to explain the results in a logical,"kayfabe" way...I sit down,look at the card,watch a little MSW and think about how old Cowboy Bill would handle it.

Of course,sometimes the game hands it to you on a silver platter...in the MSW match I stumbled into a perfect finish...landed a seated punch flurry...got "Super Olympia stops to shout some abuse" message then got the anderson step over arm bar,considering Watts had just gone on a rant before and during the match(With Watts,you were either the greatest guy ever or the greatest evil ever to walk the earth,gotta love that about him),it wasn't hard to connect the dots.

Well,it's been a horrible 6 months or so...too much responsibility/workload at a lousy job combined with management that is honest to god, legitimately out of control to the point where I questioned their sanity (We're talking about every day lining people up and nit-picking someone over something incrdibly minor and anal to the point of tears and medical complications from being so upset)....it pretty much pushed me to a long break down.

End result: After a good telling off of management,I am now unemployed. the upside is after a nice long rest over the last 6 weeks or so, I am feeling better than i have in a LONG time and ready to come back to this sucker and get it going again,plus now I've got the free time to do it.

Sorry to hear about that MDW! I know I can relate as I went through that at a job in the past.

I didn't even realize you had a diary on here, so I am glad to see another great WS2 diary along side captainlou's! Now if you would only do a DOTT diary for TEW 2010...

Because it would be great as your wrestling knowledge is amazing. Enough ass kissing from me...:D

Sorry to hear about that MDW! I know I can relate as I went through that at a job in the past.

I didn't even realize you had a diary on here, so I am glad to see another great WS2 diary along side captainlou's! Now if you would only do a DOTT diary for TEW 2010...

Because it would be great as your wrestling knowledge is amazing. Enough ass kissing from me...:D

Lol,thanks man :)

I am still getting the hang of TEW's mechanics,once Boon releases the brand new version of TEW DOTT for 2010,I might have a go at it, probably playing something obscure like SWCW lol.

Friday,Week 4,February 1983:

It's special night of action when Steel Belt Wrestling comes to the Civi Center!Will Battman's heroics be enough when he meets Baron Scicluna?Their last match went to draw,tonight Brute Bernard and Killer Kowalski will meet to determine who the toughest is!Waldo Von Erich has been on a roll,tonight he faces a special challenge from Eric The Red!A battle of all time great champs when Bruno Sammartino faces Buddy Rogers....it took Bruno 48 seconds to beat "The Nature Boy" for the WWF title,can he do again or does the great former NWA Champion have a few tricks up his sleeve?The Mighty Igor pits his stength against the devious tactics of Tor Kamata! All that AND everyone's favorite Johhny Powers will try to put an end to Super Olympia's winning streak....has the masked man met his match or will he just be another victim of the Step Over Arm Bar? You can only find out at the Civic Center! Tickets available at the door, bell time is 8:00.

Match#25:Super Olympia vs. Johnny Powers(2/3 falls):

*This match was not shown on television,years later achival footage turned up without audio commentary*

Powers takes the early advantage with a Top Wristlock,Super Olympia reverses and it goes to an exchange of holds;Powers works the neck of Olympia while Olympia concentrates on the neck and arm of Powers,Olympia finally is the first to take his opponent down with a gutwrench suplex.Powers fights his way up and lands a few shots to little effect,it ends with Super Olympia grabbing a hammerlock and pounding the shoulder before delivering a hard sidebreaker.Super Olympia goes back to the arm and neck with punches arm bars and hammerlocks,and the crowd is getting on Olympia,trying to make him lose his cool.Olympia responds by stomping the arm and driving the elbow into the bicep,the crowd is really taunting him now.Super Olympia with the bionic elbow and he throws Powers into the corner,he staggers out right into a double underhook suplex.Olympia all over the arm and the crowd is really heated.....Powers draws on the them to scrmable out of the way of a diving headbutt and mounts a comeback,which is quickly cutoff he blows a dropkick and Olympia stomps his knee.Measured knee drop has Powers stunned and Olympia applies a spinning toe hold.....no submission;however Powers is too weak to defend himself as he stands and gets the Gourdbuster...1....2...3!Fall#1 to Super Olympia.

*Jump cut back to the action*Power is wailing Olympia with punches and knocks him down...he works the leg with toe holds and knee drives,then quickly grabs the leg and twists to the Powerlock for the submission...fall#2 to Johnny Powers.

For some reason,the action continues without a rest period as Powers catches Olympia with a running knee to the head for a quick cover...1...2....kick out...Powers whips Olympia into the corner and charges but Olympia sidesteps him and he eats a turnbuckle...quick irish whip and Olympia plants Powers with a sweet spinebuster...1....2...kick out.Olympia goes for the step over but Powers twists out and ends up giving Olympia a Piledriver...1...2....barely a kick out!Olympia tries to come back but Powers basically beats the heck out of him and gets an Abdominal Stretch,but Olympia makes the ropes.Big knee from powers misses and Olympia goes to the eyes,then gets the Sleeper....no submission.Olympia blocks a suplex and goes for a suplex of his own,Powers blocks and goes behind to the sleeper.....and Olympia goes out as the crowd is on their feet cheering wildly.

Johnny Powers def. Super Olympia in 3 falls in 11:50

Rating: A*

Quick Results:

Johnny Powers d. Super Olympia

Mario Milano d. Charlie Fulton

Battman d. Baron Scicluna

Brute Bernard d. Killer Kowalski

Waldo Von Erich d. Eric The Red

Bruno Sammartino d. Buddy Rogers

The Mighty Igor d. Tor Kamata

Attendance: 1,820

Bill Apter and PWI Present....Wrestling News From Around The World

-Stampade Wrestling from Calgary fans saw the two lesser known Hart Brothers(Bruce & Keith) defeat Jim Neidhart & Mr. Hito for the CSW International Tag Teams Titles Friday; 2,993 in attendance.

-Looks like GCW fans will still have Larry Zbyszko tormenting them and MACW fans will still have to put up with Ivan Koloff's quest to prove Soviet dominance,both men have extended their contracts.

Enforcer's Log:

-Improved in Aerial,Flashiness,and Submissions skills.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="captainlou" data-cite="captainlou" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="22092" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Tough to see the winning streak end for the masked man. I'm sure that Super Olympia will bounce back and continue to beat up on the faces.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah,always sucks to see your streak end but it didn't hurt him;Johnny Powers is pretty much the last stop on way up the card before the legends like Rogers and Sammartino while Super Olympia is literally the mid-card,he is exactly halfway up from the bottom.....still the match could have gone either way,it was just a matter of Powers getting a big move first during the third fall.</p><p> </p><p> At least the match was really good, Powers has enough gusto to hang in there and trade good near falls with,which always helps the match grade.</p>

Saturday,Week 4,February 1983:

It's an action packed card in Shreveport for The Big One!Up and comers The Steiner Brothers take on two and tough and talented men, Terry Taylor and Steve Williams!Mr,Wrestling II's young protoge, Magnum T.A. will join forces with "Hacksaw" Butch Reed to take on the self proclaimed "Mr.Wonderful", Paul Orndorff and brutal thug for hire "Big" Bubba Rogers!Battle of the big men...Crusher Darsow meets the one and only Kamala,The Ugandan Giant!After his recent win,the masked menace Super Olympia asked for, and was given his required title re-match, he takes on "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan for the Mid-South Television Title,in a First Blood Match!......all that AND JYD locks it up with the devious Ted DiBiase! Check it out!

Match#26:Super Olympia vs. Jim Duggan(First Blood Match):

*No cameras were in the building for the big monthly show,the following write-up appeared in following month's Pro Wrestling Illustrated*

Duggan started off hot,pummeling the masked man but Super Olympia went to the eyes and took over with a headlock; he tried to scrape Duggan's eyes on the rope but Duggan pushed Olympia off and dropped him with a backbreaker.Duggan went for the big elbow but missed,giving Olympia the chance to work on his arm and drop him with a backbreaker of his own.Super Olympia went after the arm ntil Duggan made the ropes and started fighting back with hard punches until a big right missed and Olympia was able to Duggan with a headbutt,followed by a double underhook suplex.Olympia had Duggan at his mercy and started stomping his arm, and even landed a big knee drop to the head.Duggan tried to fight his way but Olympia dumped him right over the top rope onto concrete floor!They fought all over on the floor but Duggan got the advantage and delivered a huge Press Slam and locked on a Boston Crab but Olympia wasn't bleeding so the match continued;Olympia held his own in a huge fistfight and managed to slam Duggan's head into the guard rail,then deliver a Piledriver right onto a steel chair!Duggan wasn't bleeding yet but Super Olympia still had the chair,he hit Duggan in the face several times until Hacksaw was busted open,earning him the win and the Mid South Television Title.

Super Olympia def. Jim Duggan via Stoppage in 23:00

Rating: C+

Quick Results:

Super Olympia d. Jim Duggan for the Mid-South TV Title

Terry Taylor & Steve Williams d. The Stiener Bros.

Blade Runner Rock d. Sam Houston

Magnum T.A. & Butch Reed d. Paul Orndorff & Bubba Rogers

Kamala d. Crusher Darsow

JYD d. Ted DiBiase

Attendance: 3,390

Bill Apter and PWI Present....Wrestling News From Around The World

-San Francisco's Big Time Wrestling ran their monthly show at The Cow Palace, where Bull Ramos defeated Moondog Lonnie Mayne for the Big Time Television Title, 4,043 in atendance.

-Al Tomko's All Star Wrestling ventured out of Vancouver and into the Prairies Saturday for an exhibition show featuring Terry Adonis defeating Randy Rich for the All Star TV Title in front of a small crowd of 103.

-In a totally unexpected move, legendary NWA promoter and booker Sam Muchnik,who is also the owner of the St.Louis Wrestling Club. gave up the book of that promotion to Moose Morowski in order to concentrate on Road Agent duties.Muchnick is considered one of the greatest "pure" wrestling bookers of all time and has sold out the Kiel Auditorium many,many times with his well planned cards, it was considered a given with his success the 50 year old Muchnick would hold the book there for many years to come.

Saturday Round-Up:

-Barry Darsow defeated Rick Steiner on Wednesday's MSW then lost to Kamala on Saturday;so far he has only wrestled 3 times this year,2 of those times have been against Rick Stiener...he wrestled two time this week though,so maybe his career is picking up.

-Bobby Eaton and his Midnight Express partner Dennis Condrey took yet another tough loss to The Fabulous Ones on Saturday's CWA show in an AWA Southern Tag Title match,making them 0-6 against the Fabs and a miserable 1-7 overall.

-Matt Borne picked up a win over Joe Malenko on Friday's PNW show.

-Ole teamed with Gene Anderson to defeat Brad Armstrong and Brett Wayne yet again on Saturday's GCW.....8 matches in Ole's career and 7 of those matches have involved Brett Wayne,6 have involved Brad Armstrong....jeez.

-Tim Horner took a loss to Road Warrior Animal on Saturday's GCW, making him 5-6 on the year....good on him,Horner had talent and was quick witted on the mic,nice to some success there.

-Ted DiBiase took a loss to JYD, putting him at 2-4-2.

-Ricky Steamboat goes 2-0,beating Dick Slater on World Wide, then Johnny Valentine on MACW's nationally aired program,he is now 10-4-1.

-Ric Flair was the man this week,he beat Ivan Koloff on World Wide, then made a World Title defense against Sgt.Slaughter on Saturday(kinda boring a a facemisn't he?), he is now 10-10-1.

Enforcer's Log:

-Uncle Ole decided not to use me this week,which was a stroke of luck both for Bill Watts and myself.

-"White Lightning" sporting a better win percentage than the big man of MSW,Ted DiBiase and close to on par with"The Nautre Boy"? Interesting world we live in...

Wednesday,Week 1,March 1983:

"Hello wrestling fans,and welcome to Mid-South Wrestling;I'm Boyd Pierce(or Pearce as they spelled it),your host and with me as always, the president of Mid-South Wrestling, Bill Watts. Hello Boyd,and hello fans....Mid South Wrestling has always been an innovater in professional sports,bringing you the best action and the best matches with all the biggest stars, and that's just what we have for you!What might be the the most physically dominating tag team in Mid-South "The Big Cat" Ernie Ladd and Kamala The Ugandan Giant are here,and they'll be facing one the best actual "wrestlers" in Mid-South, Mr.Wrestling II and Crusher Darsow! Another great team, Hacksaw Duggan and Magnum T.A. will get Ted DiBiase and Mr.Olympia in the ring! Speaking of Hacksaws and Olympias, Super Olympia WILL be defending his Mid-South Television tonight....against "Hacksaw" Butch Reed!For the main event, JYD asked me find him someone to wrestle tonight and we did...."Mr.Wonderful" Paul Orndorff! Let's go to the ring!

Match#27: Super Olympia vs. Butch Reed:

Look at Butch Reed,wasting no time....he's a real man of action and right away he's taking it to Super Olympia! That famous hard right and a big suplex, but he can wrestle too,there's the headlock! He sizes Olympia up...oh,Reed going for that big elbow drop but Olympia got out of the way...and look at that,Super Olympia is going right for the arm with those amatuer moves! Arm bar,hammerlock....Reed got a rope,Olympia will have to break....and look at that Boyd! Super Olympia with a cheap shot on the break,he has to cheat because he knows if he doesn't he'll quickly lose that Mid-South Television Title to Reed!Big knee and right back to the arm with a hammerlock.....Super Olympia is known for that Step Over Arm Bar and he's already setting it up.....Reed known for being a powerful athlete with a hard punch, he's trying to take that away from Reed as well.Now he's scraping Reed's eyes on the rope! Now a nice amatuer takedown.....I don't get this guy, Boyd.....he obviously has a good amatuer background but then next thing you know he has to break the rules.....nice hammerlock there,but look at that,Reed is way too strong for Olympia he just threw him right off!And now it's Reed taking it to Olympia, lefts and rights......Olympia firing back....big roundhouse right has Reed stunned.....amatuer suplex!Reed's not done yet,he's a tough,tough man....he's right back up and taking it Olympia again...Double axe handle drops Olympia, and Reed blasts him with a huge forearm across the chest while he's down, that'll take the wind right out of you! Now Reed....a series of Axe handles....big clothesline and Olympia could lose it right here!No cover though,Reed is busy showing off that great physique....he throws Super olympia into the ropes.....what a tackle! 1...2....Olympia kicks out! Reed has Olympia by the throat...he lifts him u-no! Olympia got him in the eyes,Reed is hurt!Olympia right to the weakened arm....wait, Reed is lifting him right up with that wekaned up for a slam...that arm gave out on him,Olympia is on top in cover...1....and now reed kicks out! Flurry of punches.....Reed comes back with a big axe handle Olympia is down,Reed with the splash! 1....Olympia kicks out!Reed has Olympia by the throat....Olympia with a cheap shot, that looked low,Reed is down!! Olympia is just stomping that arm,Reed throws him off,he catches Super Olympia with a huge slam!Olympia rolls away...hammerlock....he threw Reed into the corner,his shoulder hit that solid steel post! Olympia si right on it,stomping,hammerlock,he drives a knee in....look at that,Reed is so strong he just overpowered Super Olympia and turned it around,now he Super Olympia up....Gutwrench Powerbomb!1.....2....3!Reed wins!Reed Wins!We have a new Mid-South Television Champ!

Butch Reed def. Super Olympia via pinfall in 19:20(Gutwrench Powerbomb) to win the Mid-South Television Title

Rating: C

Quick Results:

Butch Reed d. Super Olympia for the Mid-South Television Title

Blade Runner Rock d. Sam Houston

Ted DiBiase & Mr.Olympia d. Hacksaw Duggan & Magnum T.A.

Ernie Ladd/Kamala d.. Mr.Wrestling II/Crusher Darsow

JYD d. Paul Orndorff

Attendance: 3,522

Bill Apter and PWI Present...Wrestling News From Around The World

-G.L.O.W. ventured to the island of Pureto Rico Tuesday, while there Royal Hawaiian defeated Tina Ferrari for the G.L.O.W. Championship,365 in attendance.

-Meanwhile in Japan, Kazuo Yamazaki defeated Shinichi Nakano for the UWF Wrestling Spirit Title Tuesday, before 108.

-The following day in Japanese Women's action, The 100% Girlz(Devil Masami & Susan Sexton) defeated The Jumping Bomb Angels for the All Japan Women's Tag Team Titles in front of 476.

-In American Women's wrestling on Wednesday, Princess Victoria defeated Toni Rose for the P.O.W.W. Intercontinental Title in front of 95.

-On a more somber note,Mid-Atlantic legend Swede Hanson announced his official in-ring retirement this week.

Enforcer's Log:

-Improves in Aerial and Flashiness skills.

You must have been a transitional champion for the TV title since you lost it in the very next match.

BTW, what's your popularity number at?

I'm was just glad for an "average" grade of C; it was one of those matches where Reed countered almost every move I did and he did nothing but Punches and Standing/Grounded Side Headlock until I hit medium then he did Standing Axe Handle/Axe Handle Flurry over and over, it was literally the only moves he did until I hit danger and he went for finishers.....I pretty much had to drag him kicking and screaming to a passable match lol.

Arn's current popularity number is 44% which in GCW is exactly the middle of the card; in Steel Belt I'm breaking into the middle card; in MSW Arn is 8th overal so he's well into the Upper Midcard....the only guys higher than Arn in MSW are Big Cat,JYD,Ted DiBiase,Kamala,Wrestling II,Mr.Wonderful, and Butch Reed.

It's pretty cool that they used you to hotshot the title between Hacksaws. What a terrific way to tease a break-up. You're definitely serving the greater good, right there.

I'm interested in how your Aerial and Flashiness has progressed. You've been pumping those up for a while. Are you getting close to your goals?

By the way, due to how awesome this diary is, I'm considering purchasing WS2. I didn't buy the first one, but have played both demos. They never really struck me as anything more than a bit of fun, now and then. You've shown me that it can be something much more, if you're willing to invest your imagination into it.

I'm still not 100% on it, but if I do, you should get a commission.

BTW, as always, this is a tremendous read. Thanks for bringing it back.

I'm not a great writer like you so I'll stick to the blow-by-blow and give everyone a good seat.

Appreciated as always,,your diary is good as always and it's nice to have different styles of presentation,it keeps things interesting.

It's pretty cool that they used you to hotshot the title between Hacksaws. What a terrific way to tease a break-up. You're definitely serving the greater good, right there.

I'm interested in how your Aerial and Flashiness has progressed. You've been pumping those up for a while. Are you getting close to your goals?

By the way, due to how awesome this diary is, I'm considering purchasing WS2. I didn't buy the first one, but have played both demos. They never really struck me as anything more than a bit of fun, now and then. You've shown me that it can be something much more, if you're willing to invest your imagination into it.

I'm still not 100% on it, but if I do, you should get a commission.

You do have a point there on the TV titles ,Greg.....if I were Bill Watts, I'd have Duggan come out and ask his friend for his contracturally obligated re-match he never got againt Super Olympia to set up a "Battle of the Hacksaws", then from there you could heel turn either guy, lead into a re-formation of or renewed feud with "The Rat Pack".....you could even segue into a Mr.Wrestling II heel turn by having him become upset over Duggan teaming with Magnum T.A. and ruin the match.....if you really want to go nuts you could do a triple turn: Wrestling II comes out and helps Reed win,double team beatdown, DiBiase comes out for the save,and your big programs for a few months is ready made.

Aerial and Flashiness are at 29% each; my goal is 39-40% in each, which i know by testing is Arn's max in those skills and just enough to give him a C- grade, which in my mind gives him just enough agility and flash to not stand out as bad.At 3 matches a week, it should take just under a month to hit goals, depending on if I am not booked or get an extra bookings for monthly arena shows.

Of course I appreciate the compliments,being a "traditional" fan I got into the WS series when i learned about the D.O.T.T. mod and was absolutely blown away how enjoyable it can be with a little imagination,it's one of the few games I can watch really get involved in cheering for one guy or another and with so many great old school workers the sky is the limit when it comes to match-ups.....I also really enjoy "playing Bill Watts" and bringing a little kayfabe to the bookings and matches to make them seem as "real" as I can;it's a nice break from today's pretty,but often uninspired, graphics and a great mental exercise as well.

Thursday,Week 1, March 1983:

Welcome once again to Steel Belt Wrestling and another great night of action...The strength and power of The Mighty Igor will be tested against the technical acumen of 'Dandy' Dan Miller while another powerful wrestler, the legendary World Champion Bruno Sammartino pits his strength against the expertise of Tor Kamata....Super Olympia's reign of terror came to a stop aginst Johnny Powers, Olympia is looking for revenage and a return to his winning ways, that may not be easy since his opponent is none other Killer Kowalski!

Match#28:Super Olympia vs. Killer Kowalski(2/3 Falls):

They lock it up....no,Olympia went to the eyes, kicks to the leg, looks like Super Olympia is trying to weaken his vertical base...and Olympia goes to the arm with a takedown,he holds on and really starts working the arm.Look at Kowalski though,he powered right out and has Olympia in a Side Headlock!Kowalski is trying to weaken Olympia with that headlock but those kicks to the knee have weakened his leg,he's having trouble controlling him....Olympia with a hard kick to the knee again, he scoops Kowlaski up and delivers a Sidebreaker!Kowalski is a tough,tough guy, that Sidebreaker barely slowed up,he's already up....hammerlock,standing switch to a hammerlock and now Kowlaski is laying in the fists and forearms, Olympia is rocked! Kowalski whips him to the corner, Olympia stumbles out,scoop sl...no,Olympia got Kowalski in the eyes.the ref didn't see it!Double underhook suplex and Olympia is back on the arm,he has it straddled,tugging away....Kowalski wriggles free,Olympia charges him....oh my, Kowlaski just slammed him throat first across the top rope....now he's stompinh Olympia's knee!Kowlaski using those ropes to propel a knee into Olympia's head...Kowalski measures,big knee drop!Now it's Olympia,he caught Kowalski and stunned him...backbreaker and now he's reuturning the favor by stomping Kowalski's arm and using the ropes to prople a knee into his head!Kowalski stagger up,wild swing, and Olympia is laying in the right hands....big inverted atomic drop by Super Olympia...and a bodyslam onto the the hammerlocked arm...Olympia drops the leg,bringing all his weight down on the arm, Kowalski is in big trouble here!Look at that heart though, Kowalski is back up and trying to fight Super Olympia off....Olympia cuts him off by going to the knee and sets up.....Gourdbuster! Uh,oh that only made Kowalski mad....look at him go with those punches...Olympia is on the ropes,and a BIG shot flips olympia and now his arms are caught....Kowalski is beating the daylights out of him! Finally,the ref steps in and gets Olympia free,and he's taking a powder to the outside....Kowalski right out and he's beating the tar out of Olympia with those punches,he isn't stopping!He throws Olympia back into the ring like a sack of potatoes and sling him into the ropes, big hip toss!Kowalski picks him up...and Olympia catches him in the stomach with a right, elbow to the head....Gourdbuster,Kowalski is down!1....2.....3!Super Olympia has won the first fall!

*Short rest per traditional 2/3 falls rules and the action picks back up*Kowalski in trouble, Olympia has the arm...takedown...he's going for the Step Over Arm Bar,Kowalski in the ropes!Olympia drags him up,gutwrench suplex back into the center,he's going for another Step Over Arm Bar,again Kowalski using that long reach to get the ropes!OSuper Olympia drags him up again,he locks the arms up....Double Underhook Suplex puts Kowalski back in the middle of the ring....he locks in the Step Over Arm Bar...Kowalski reaching....straining.....but he's run out of strength and looks in bad shape, the ref is calling for the bell before permanent damage is done!*Crowd comes to its feet in response to the finish, they can't believe Super Olympia submitted Killer Kowalski*

Super Olympia def. Killer Kowalski in 2 straight falls in 23:20

Rating: B-

Quick Results:

Super Olympia d. Killer Kowalski

Battman & Eric The Red d. Geto Mongol & George"The Animal"

Team Gold d. Sal Bellomo & Mario Milano

Bruno Sammartino d. Tor Kamata

The Mighty Igor d. Dan Miller

Attendance: 1,681

Bill Apter and PWI present....Wrestling News From Around The World

-In a major move this Thursday, Mexico's top promotion, EMLL crossed the border into Texas and ran it's first card outside of Mexico, highlighted by Angel Blanco defeating Lizmark for the NWA World Middlewieght Title,drawing a respectable crowd of 1,826.

-Meanwhile in UK's All Star Wrestling, Terry Jowett defeated Mike Jordan for the British Commonwealth Middleweight Title Thursday,in front of 2,517.

Enforcer's Log:

-Improved in Aerial and Flashiness Skills.

-A quick check reveals the road is already starting to take it's toll(condition has gone down .2 from 100% to 99.8% across the board).

Saturday,Week 1,March 1983:

Welcome to Georgia Championship Wrestling, we're here in our TV arena, coming to you on the Superstation WTBS and what a card we have lined up.....lightweight action with Les Thornton and Bruno Sammartino,Jr.....Buzz Sawyer and The Spiler team up against the unlikely duo of The Assassin and Thunderbolt Patterson.....Larry Zybysko defends the National Heavyweight Title against 'Wildfire' Tommy Rich.....the Andersons are here....Gene and Ole taking on Brett Wayne and Brad Armstrong but first the young up and coming memeber of the Anderson family,Arn Anderson, along with Ronnie Garvin meet a team some say is indestructible,the Road Warriors,and their manager,one 'Precious' Paul Ellering....what a big night of action and it all starts right after this...

Match 29: Arn Anderson & Ron Garvin vs. The Road Warriors:

Garvin and Hawk to start.....Garvin with the advantage out of that collar and elbow,nice series of amatuer wrestling holds,wearing the big man down....and Garvin laying in those hard right hands he is known for but they aren't even fazing Hawk.....and a hard shot to the chest,Garvin known for those open handed blows as well.....Hawk is stunned, and Garvin delivers a suplay.Garvin on top with those amatuer holds, mixing in a few fists as well....Hawk able to use that tremendous upper body strength to power his way up, and Garvin caught him in the bridges of the nose with a headbutt,you can see the eyes starting to tear up a little....backbreaker by Garvin,and another series of holds....Garvin is an accomplished wrestler,using that to keep Hawk off his feet and wear him down.Garvin now with a standing hammerlock,laying blows into the shoulder area...and Garvin went for an atomic drop but couldn't get him up,Hawk has a vertical press.....only 1 though.Hawk on top,delivering those clubbing blows to the temple...Garvin fighting back though,looks like he dazed Hawk,now he's taking advantage with a series of rights....solid right knocked Hawk to the canvas, and Garvin using those ropes to deliver a knee drop...and Paul Ellering is up on the apron,Garvin complaining to the ref, but Hawk quickly scrambled away to tag in his partner.Animal in...big right misses,and series of holds by Garvin,targetting the left arm,trying to negate the stength advantage and set up his partner for that patented Anderson Step Over Arm Bar.Garvin with the hammerlock, standing switch by Animal into a hammerlock,driving those blows into Garvin's shoulder...Garvin with an escape...he dlivers an open hand blow but Animal just shook it right off....and a big clubbing blow sens Garvin to the mat....Animal has the legs...and deliver a stomp to the abdominal wall.Now Animal with a series of axe handle blows,following up by driving the point of the elbow into the head of Garvin...Garvin looks in big trouble here....and Animal took a little too long setting up that elbow,Garvin rolled to safety...Garvin ducks a charge and Animal is in those turnbuckles, Garvin just hammering him with a flurry of punches...he goes for his corner...but Animal able to recover and deliver a running clothesline to prevent Garvin from making a tag.Animal displaying awesome stength,he has Garvin by the temples and lifted him right into the air.Garvin somewhat dazed by that,Animal going for a Bear Hug here....Garvin caught him coming in,the big man is dazed....and Garvin makes his corner for the legal tag to Anderson.Anderson in,not faring any better, Animal delivering those big overhead blows again....Anderson able to use that amatuer background though,standing switch to a waistlock,and he slams Animal with a rear suplay!Animal back up,and right into a butterfly suplay from Anderson...the crowd sensing the momentum shift,they're really getting behind Anderson here....he sets Animal,and delivers a Piledriver.....and Ellering on the ring again....Anderson caught him with a ring,Ellering knocked to the floor, certical press on Animal...1...2...kick out!Animal is dazed, Anderson may be looking to the Gourdbuster....but Animal just able reach his corner to bring in Hawk....he catches Anderson with a kick to the andomen...Hawk was trying to deliver a suplay but Anderson shifted into a vertical press...1 count only though.Anderson keeps the pressure on with an amatuer style suplay,hammerlock applied....and Anderson just slammed hawk onto the hammerlocked arm!Hawk back up,Anderson used his omentum to deliver a standing slam, and Ellering once again is on the apron...Anderson turned his back to deal with Ellering and Hawk with a somewhat dubious shot stuns Anderson...Hawk climbing the ropes...and a flying axe handle to Anderson's head!Hawk staying on top with those Axe handle blows.....Hawk went to deliver that flying fist drop but Anderson got away,he manged to tag Garvin,Garvin is in! Garvin with a flurry,hawk in trouble...but he managed to tie Garvin up in the ropes...what are they doing? Wow...big clothesline off the top rope to Garvin,who was on Animal's shoulders!1....2.....Anderson is in,he breaks it up! Now, Animal with heavy blows...Garvin firing back,he has Animal in trouble,he's signalling for The Hands of Stone...Ellering on the apron AGAIN...he has the ref distracted...Hawk comes in...Arn comes in, it's mayhem! Hawk able to knock Arn Anderson out of the ring, Animal has a Bear Hug applied.....and that's going to be it!*Crowd erupts into an absolute frenzy,they look ready to come over the rail after Ellering*And the crowd here absolutely disgusted with the tactics of one 'Precious' Paul Ellering, and rightly so....Ron Garvin looked to have that match won until Ellering distracted him,leading to Animal applying that Big Bear Hug to earn a win by submission....and I don't think this is the last time we've seen these two teams meets in the ring.

The Road Warriors def. Arn Anderson & Ron Garvin via Submission(Big Bear Hug) in 43:00

Rating: A+

Quick Results:

Road Warriors d. Anderson & Garvin

Gene & Ole Anderson d. Brad Armstrong & Brett Wayne

Les Thornton d. Bruno Sammartino,Jr.

Buzz Sawyer & The Spoiler d. The Assassin & Thunderbolt patterson

Larry Zybysko d. Tommy Rich

Attendance: 3,827(pretty good for New England)

Bill Apter and PWI Present...Wrestling News From Around The World

-Wild action on the Staurday morning program in Memphis, Eddie Gilbert defeated The Dream Machine for the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Title,in front of 1,242.

-On the other end of Tennessee in SECW there was a TRIPLE title change on Saturday,Tonga Kid defeated Steve Armstrong for the United States Junior Heavyweight Title,Boris Zhukov defeated Jimmy Golden for the Southeasten Brass Knuckles Title and Plowboy Frazier defeated Rick Gibson for the Alabama Heavyweight Title in a pre-taped event from the Tri-State area,which drew 155.

Saturday Round Up:

-Barry Darsow & Mr.Wrestling II lost to Ernie Ladd & Kamala on Wednesday's MSW.

-Bobby Eaton & Dennis Condrey lost to The Fabulous Ones yet again on Saturday's CWA.

-Matt Borne took the week off.

-Tim Horner took the week off.

-Ole and Gene Anderson defeated their personal jobbers(Brad Armstrong & Brett Wayne) on Saturday's GCW...with a burial like that it's no wonder Brad Armstrong never realized his potential....

-Ted DiBiase & Mr.Olympia beat Hacksaw Duggan and Magnum T.A. on Wednesday's MSW.

-Ricky Steamboat took a loss to Sgt.Slaughter on Thursday's World Wide taping.

-Ric Flair suffered a loss to Mil Mascaras in Japan early in the week then rebounded with a succesful NWA Title defense against Johnny Valentine on Saturday's MACW show.

Enforcer's Log:

-Improved in Aerial,Flashiness,and Submission skills.

-I've gotten to the point now where I'm just a step slow and unremarkable instead of being a bland sack of bricks(Aerial and Flasiness reached C- level).

Oh man, do I wish I had an Atari.

Terrific write-up for the tag match. Despite taking place in GCW, that would have been right at home in Mid South. Just a fantastically hot ending sequence, with Arn breaking up the pin, after the Doomsday Device, Garvin bouncing back for the babyface comeback, all to have it cut short be some stinky heelery. Just good fun tag team action.

Oh man, do I wish I had an Atari.

Terrific write-up for the tag match. Despite taking place in GCW, that would have been right at home in Mid South. Just a fantastically hot ending sequence, with Arn breaking up the pin, after the Doomsday Device, Garvin bouncing back for the babyface comeback, all to have it cut short be some stinky heelery. Just good fun tag team action.

That was one of those matches where once it got into the later stages,I knew it would be good....I really thought I was done after Garvin got the Doomsday Device and got fired up when Arn made the save,I got a good flurry in to set up Garvin's finisher,next thing I see is Ellering on the apron....unfortunately it one of those "it allows Animal to make a comeback" deals and he went right to the submission,which didn't get broken up.

It was fun though, the only downside was because of Garvin's position on the card it hurt Arn's overness, but at least it was a loss to decent talent and not Rick McGraw.

Archived