Enforcer:An Arn Anderson Diary

Please excuse the long first post,just setting everything up.

The World as it is:

Before diving in,I made a few small tweaks to the D.O.T.T. universe,mostly for historical accuracy(and a few for my fun), as best as it can be simulated.To get a picture of how things are,I'll run those down now:

-The date:I made the start date January '83,for ease of reference.

-Title Belts: I assigned champions to reduce the number of vacant title belts in the wrestling world;for this I used what offical title histories I could find,in some cases I could not use the historically correct worker(usually due to the worker not being on the roster,or the title being temporaririly "vacated" as part of an angle,or in some cases due to the champ not being in the game).For these,I went with the chronologically nearest champ(who is currently on roster) that I could.In the case of some promotions which lacked a title belt,I created the historically correct belt for the period and assigned it to the most historically correct worker possible(Btw DBG,SLWC lacks their belt...it should be NWA Missouri State Title,Kerry Von Erich as champion).

-The Pacts are back: I tweaked the promotional pacts slightly,ensuring the WWF is at war with the other "Big 3"(AWA/GCW/MACW),then created a very basic web of inter-promotional pacts to simulate the NWA and also ensure that MACW and GCW do not go and poach all the other NWA member territories.I also added other pacts that were known to exist historically that might promote some interesting roster action(Ex. AWA/CWA is a classic working agreement,CWA also "did business" with both GCW and MSW(it was an on loan Bill Dundee who convinced Watts to hire the Rock and Roll Express to bring the girls in,then paired them with The Midnight Express to kick off one of the most famous feuds in wrestling history),GCW/SWCW and MSW/WCCW are both known to have working agreements around this time,Boesh in Houston used just about whoever he felt like from every promotion,and St.Louis,though an NWA territority, also worked with the AWA as well as GCW and WCCW closely)

-St.Louis: Mr.Muchnik has come out of retirement to run and book the SLWC(I figure if Georgeous George can come back to life,Sam Muchnik can come back to work).Mr.Muchnik's first act was to re-hire Harley Race,whose contract had been accidentally misplaced.

The World According to Arn:

At this point,Arn is a 1 year veteran of the sport,having made his pro debut in January of 1982.A tough as nails,straight ahead style in the ring,combined with an effective straightforward promo style led to a push in SECW as Super Olympia,masked man brought in to put a stop to the rampaging Mr.Olympia.Naturally talented in the ring and on the mic,at this time Arn was brought into GCW as a nephew to Ole Anderson and groomed to be a top tag team worker.....for a while Arn and Matt Borne were being pushed as "the next big thing" in GCW,but Matt Borne's problems led to him leaving the territory and Ole turning to a young,green team of Hawk and Animal to anchor the tag team ranks,and subsequently getting them over as one of the hottest things in wrestling.Right now,Arn is a young,talented,midcarder awaiting the chance to break out and fulfill his potential.

The Rules of the Game:

-Contracts:IRL,Arn really only ever worked for SECW,GCW,then later MACW,WWF,and finally WCW(not counting the times he was used "on loan" to various regionals with the other Horsemen,as those were 1 or 2 shot deals).Unfortunately,this can create some problems gamewise,so I will adopt the following policy:

-Since Arn will get upset(in game) if I don't have enough contracts going,I will work in places he did not work historically,both for his development as a wrestler and also to wrestle a greater range of opponents,which is mofe fun for me.I will try to keep it reasonable though,meaning I will confine myself to the U.S.(including Puerto Rico) until I am at the level were financially I could withstand the travel expenses of foreign market work.

-Since I cannot work for both GCW & SECW due to scheduling problems(even though Arn did IRL),and GCW/SECW would be Arn's "homebase"(as he is from Georgia IRL),what I will do to simulate that work is remain to loyal to GCW and maintain my contract there to the best of my ability as long as it exists as a promotion;this will also mean that in the case of a scheduling conflict I will always give GCW top priority.Should GCW go out of business and SECW is still around,I will sign with SECW and continue the "loyalty policy" with them.

-The DBG Rule:As it was pointed out,GCW gives national exposure due to their cult status and deal with WTBS,and the head booker is a good friend of Arn....so to keep from getting too much of a "Goldberg push",I will concentrate on Tag Team work in GCW,as Arn did historically in this period.Ole is currently a heel while Arn is a face,so for the sake of kayfabe(and to keep from going straight to the main event),I will be working with Ron Garvin in their previously established team of Arn Anderson & Ron Garvin(though I thought of re-naming "Arn & Hammer":)).Outside of GCW,whether I go singles or tag will be open,mostly depending on if I see someone on the roster I think Arn would make a cool team with.

-Advancement:To simulate the effects of experience(and keep from maxing out too fast),I will go a straight 2 percentage points per match format,to mimic the improvements made from working anywhere from 5 to 7 nights a week(IRL).In the case of an A grade match,one bonus percentage point will be awarded to reflect the extra effort put in as well as the increased standing in the eyes of the fans after such a match.Bonus points may be awarded at the end of the year based upon performance.No more than 1 percentage point will be put in any single skill per match(i.e.I have 2 points to spend,they must go into 2 different skills) .

-Eye In The Sky: There are a number of things I would like to track,just to see how history plays out,other than Arn's career I shall follow and report on:

-The full results from all cards Arn works on

-News in promotions Arn works for (Title changes,major signing/releases)

-News from the major(i.e.Cult and above) promotions around the world.

-The careers of Arn's friends(Ole,Darsow,Eaton,Flair,Steamboat,Borne,Horner,DiBiase)

-Additional reader favorite workers can also be tracked upon request.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wednesday,Week 1,January 1983:

*After an opening montage the camera settles on Boyd Pierce and Bill Watts,speaking at top volume,probably so we can hear them over Reeser Bowden's sports jacket*

Hello once again folks,and welcome to Mid-South Wrestling,the best in wrestling action! I'm Boyd Pierce,joining me as always is Bill Watts....Bill what an action packed program we have lined up!That's right Boyd,all the top stars will be in action tonight, but first let's take a look at this newcomer to Mid-South, Super Olympia,as he takes on Steve Williams....

Match #1: Super Olympia vs. Steve Williams:

Collar and Elbow to start...Olympia with the advantage and he works the arm...I don't know much about this Super Olympia,but he obviously has a good background in wrestling as we can see by that Gutwrench Takeover....Well,Boyd,this Super Olympia was actually trained by Mr.Olympia and brought into Mid-South to act as his bodyguard,Mr.Olympia has imparted all his knowledge to this guy and it's really showing right here with that Grounded Hammerlock....Williams as no slouch either, a former collegiate wrestling champion, and it shows as he escapes that hold,knocks Olympia down,and applies and arm lock of his own.....Olympia right out,they exchange blows,and now it is Olympia with a Sidebreaker...cover...that's not near enough to keep a tough customer like Williams down and he's out at 1...Olympia takes Williams back down a Suplex,and he's right back to that arm with the Hammerlock...Williams is out,they trade holds.....Olympia scoops him and delivers a Backbreaker.....again he is working that arm,driving a knee into the shoulder....This Super Olympia has obviously done his homework Boyd,he knows Steve Williams likes that big Oklahama Stampede Powerslam,if he can weaken the arm,Williams may not have the lifting strength to execute that maneuever...Williams is up....Collar and Elbow....Williams with the advantage and foes to work on the arm of Olympia....series of punches of Williams....he floors Olympia with a BIG Standing Clothesline! Olympia straddles Williams with that arm bar...He lets the man up and they trade blows....I tell you Boyd,this Super Olympia is as tough as they come,look at him take everything Williams is throwing out and fire right back,series of punch has Williams stunned....hammerlock...oh,he picked Williams up and SLAMMED him down on that arm...you can break an arm like that! Williams won't quit though, he just knocked Oylmpia down with his good arm! He has the legs....BOOM! BIG kick to the stomach!Williams drops a fist.....no,Olympia moved,he hit the mat hard with that bad arm!Olympia to his feet,he has that injured arm pinned...and now he's stomping away on it!He has Williams up...and drives him back first to the mat...Williams staggers up.....and a running knee right to the back!Williams looks down as Olympia moves in....no,he caught Olympia with a clothesline with his good arm and knocked him down!Series of big elbows...and now a series of stomps!Olympia is hurt!Williams opens up with a series of rights...cut off by a forearm to the face....Olympia delivers an elbow to the top of the head,he has Williams up for a big supl-no! GOURDBUSTER!Cover...1,2,3...Super Olympia picks up the win in his debut here...*the crowd begins booing*

Super Olympia d. Steve Williams via pinfall(Anderson Gourdbuster) in 14:40

Rating: D

Quick Results:

Super Olympia d. Steve Williams

Tim Horner d. Rick Steiner for the Mid-South Tv Title

Sam Houston d. Blade Runner Flash(Sting) for the Louisiana Title

Paul Orndorff d. Jim Duggan

Ted Dibiase d. Mr.Wrestling II

JYD d. Ernie ladd to retain the Mid-South North American Heavyweight Title

Attendace:3,362

Bill Apter Presents....Wrestling News From Around the World:

-The AWA released journman announcer Ken Resnick;they feel their current team of Rod Trongard,Lee Marshall and Gene Okerlund are sufficient to handle the announce duties.

-Big changes in Mexico as Hijo De Santo, Blue Panther, and Ultraman defeated MS1,Rubi, and Kung Fu for the CMLL World Trios Titles;and El Mathematico defeated El Supremo for the NWA World Lightweight Title at EMLL's show last Monday in front of a crowd of 13,368 fans.

-Meanwhile in Canada, Perre Lefebvre and Phil Lafon defeated The Great Malumba and Karl Von Schotz for the Maritimes tag Team Titles;and Leo Bruke beat Kurt Von Hess for the Maritimes Championship on Monday in front of 666.

-Over in MLW, Dick Brower defeated Ivan Koloff for the NWA Canadian TV Title last Tuesday in front of 3,370.

-In Japan, The Crush Girls defeated The Jumping Bomb Angels for the AJW Women's Tag Team Titles in front of 1,820 on Tuesday,in what observers say was an excellent match rivaling that of any match put on by male wrestlers in The United States.

-While we are on Women's Wrestling,Toni Rose defeated Wendi Richter for the POWW Inercontinental Title this Wednesday

-In Europe, This Wednesday saw The Masters of Disaster(Dave Finlay & Marc Rocco) defeated UFO(Bobby Heffernan of The Kangaroos) and Leon White(The future Vader) for the vacant CATCH National Tag Titles,Moose Morowski defeated The Great Tio for the vacant CATCH National Title,and Caswell Martin defeated Mighty John Quinn for the vacant CATCH World Title in front of 989.

Enforcer's Log:

Currently working for GCW,MSW,and SBW;enjoying a midcard push in all 3 promotions.

Improved and in both Aerial and Flashiness skills(OOC:I know it sounds funny since AA is hardly a luchadore,but Aerial also represents a works speed in the ring,thus is needed to meet the requirements for some moves, and Flashiness is need to improve at selling.)

My lifestyle is at the point where I am not struggling;in fact i am living "Cheap and Cheerful".....it ain't glitzy but it'll do for now.

(OOC:Sorry for the second long post,it may a little hectic as the game begins filling the remainder of the vacant titles I could not track down holders for;once that settles I'm sure things will condense down somewhat.I signed on with MSW and SBW(in tribute to DBG:)),to protect kayfabe,I went with the masked Super Olympia gimmick to work on Arn's heel persona while keeping fans from knowing I am the same guy they see as a face on GCW;Mr.Olympia seemed a perfect kayfabe way to debut the gimmick in MSW;I watched some MSW to prep for this post and now I can I have seen it all:Nikolai Volkoff KO'd Dusty Rhodes with a bag of flour(!?)Instead of an e-fed output,which to me seems dry and rather clinical,and there is alot I want to keep track of,I will try to keep it easy on the eyes with definiable headers and present it more like you were seeing it on television or sitting ringside;feedback and suggestions for improving the write-ups and formatting would be welcomed and appreciated,thank you.)

Thursday,Week 1,January 1983:

Hello fans, and welcome one again to Steel Belt Championship Wrestling!We have a great night of action lined up for you,including the debut of a man we've been hearing about for a while...Super Olympia...we'll be back right with the ring introductions after this,don't change that channel!

Match #2: Super Olympia vs. Frankie Williams (2/3 falls):

And right away the masked man goes to the eyes!Short series of blows leaves Williams on the ground,Olympia applies the hammerlock,then drives a knee into the shoulder...another knee,and now a legdrop to the arm...olympia picks him up, and SLAMS him back down on that weakened arm!Oylmpia drops down and headbutts the shoulder.....he's really working that straddled arm bar...he turns it the rest of the way over and into a Step Over Arm Bar!The ref is checking with Williams...and.....yes,Williams is giving up!The masked brute takes the first fall before Williams can even get a move in!

*The program comes back from commercial as the bells rings to signal the end of the rest period* Williams looking hesitant and still favoring that arm as the bell rings.....look at that! Super Olympia charged across the ring and picked up Frankie Williams over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes before he could even react!What he going to do? Oh! He flips him over and drops him across his knee with a Gut Buster!Williams is down and Olympia has that Step Over Arm Bar locked in again!Williams gives up!That's it!Frankie Williams was just completely dominated by the strength,speed,and wrestling ability of this Super Olympia!*the crowd begins to chant "that sucked!"*

Super Olympia def. Frankie Williams via submission(Anderson Step Over Arm Bar) in 3:10

Rating: F(Did what I could with the announce job to try and put it over but honestly it stank on ice,the man "froma Columbus,Ohio" never got a move in lol)

Quick Results:

Super Olympia d. Frankie Williams

Dominic DeNucci d. Bob Lancaster

Battman d. Charlie Fulton

Waldo Von Erich d. Johnny Powers for the SBW Top Contender Title

Bruno Sammartino & The Mighty Igor def. Bill & Dan Miller(Old School!)

Buddy Rogers d. Killer Kowalski (!)

Attendance: 1,635

Bill Apter and PWI Present...Wrestling News From Around The World:

-Thursday's MACW show show Nelson Royal and One Man Gang defeat Angelo Mosca,Jr. and Kelly Kiniski for the vacant Mid Atlantic U.S. Tag Titles in front of 24,201.

-In Mexico, Gran Hamada Lobo Rubio UWA World Junior Lightweight Title,also on Thursday,in front of 2,407.

-This Thursday in ASW in England,Rick Wiseman defeated Johnny Smith for the European Middleweight Title in front of 2,933 fans.

-Entertainemnt Tonight is reporting that "Taxi" star Andy Kaufman has signed on with All Star Wrestling,a small company based in British Columbia,Canada.It is unknown what capacity Mr.Kaufman will be acting in.

Enforcer's Log:

Improved in both Aerial and Flashiness(Arn starts off with big zero in each!)

Speeding through the week,to get all the vacant belts filled,it is now....

Saturday,Week 1,January 1983:

Welcome fans,to Championship Wrestling from Georgia on the Superstation WTBS, I'm Gordon Solie and what an action packed program we have for you...Mr. Wrestling II will be here, taking on National Heavweight Champion Larry Zbyszko,Mr. Wrestling will be taking on Legion of Doom member (Road Warrior) Animal....speaking of the stable managed by one "Precious" Paul Ellering,up next we will have another member of the Legion of Doom, Jake Roberts,teaming with Les Thornton,to take on a man our fans are certainly familar with,and who has had his share of trouble with the Legion of Doom as of late,one "Bullet" Bob Armstrong,and his partner, Arn Anderson.

Match #3: Jake Roberts & Les Thornton vs. Bob Armstrong & Arn Anderson:

It's Thronton and Anderson starting this one off,and they get right to business as they trade blows in the center of the ring...Anderson catches Thornton with a short right and stuns him....full bodyslam...Anderson displaying that pedigree with some nice mat work as he applies the Head Scissors....Thornton slips free...snap mare takedown on Anderson....Thornton is good on the mat as he has the hammerlock...and now an armbar...keeps the ride going with the side headlock...Anderson slips out....takes Thornton over with a gutwrench suplay...controls him with the head scissors....another suplay,this time the vertical variaton...Thornton is up....Anderson drives an elbow across the pre-frontal lobe...Thornton has had enough as he tags in Roberts....they lock up....Roberts with the hammerlock than drives a knee into the abdominal wall...series of punches by Roberts...short arm knee lift and Anderson looks to be tiring....they come to a vertical base and lock up....Anderson with advantage,he bulls Roberts into his corner,then slams his head off the turnbuckle....tag to Armstrong,this is what the fans wanted to see...Armstrong goes to work on the arm,delivers a backbreaker,lateral press but only a one count....full bodyslam and Armstrong takes a side headlock....Ellering is on the apron,Armstrong goes to deal with him,that allowed Roberts to recover and stun him with a forearm shiver...series of uppercuts,and a knee lift takes Armstrong down....now Roberts is just choking him,he breaks before the 5 count....Armstrong with the suplay,and it's Armstrong choking Roberts...Roberts powers back up,Armstrong opens up with a series of punches...Amrstrong ducks behind,atomic drop,and he unloads on the pre-frontal lobe of Roberts with a barrage of punches...Roberts is up,he tries to trade punches....Armstrong caught him in the bread basket,and a dropkick takes Roberts down,lateral press...1 only....Armstrong controlling him as he tags Anderson,Anderson hooks the arms and delivers a butterfly suplay...Roberts back up and stuns Anderson with some snapping jabs....and now he's biting him!Anderson with a desparation blow,I think he caught Roberts in the ear,spinebuster slam...Anderson went to drop an elbow but Roberts rolled away,and he's caught Anderson on the ground with a series of kicks...Anderson scurries away and ends up behind Roberts...suplay countered into a lateral press...2 count...Roberts with a kick...he went for a clothesline but Anderson met him with a knee to the face,lateral press....2 count.....Roberts slow to get up,that knee really stunned him...Anderson picks him up and delivers a Gourdbuster,lateral press....1....2....3......Anderson picks up the win for his team with that modified suplay type maneuver*crowd chants "That Sucked"*

Bob Armstrong & Arn Anderson d. Jake Roberts & Les Thornton via pinfall(Anderson Gourdbuster) in 21:30

Rating: E(eh,3rd match in a row I managed to dominate,and the 3rd bad rating)

Quick Results:

Anderson & Armstrong d. Thornton & Roberts

Bruno Sammartino,Jr. d. Pistol Pez Whatley

Brad Armstrong & Brett Wayne Sawyer d. Ole Anderson & Tbolt Patterson

Mr.Wrestling d. Road Warrior Animal(Mr.Wrestling without his mask looks alot with a clean shaven Jerry Stubbs lol)

Larry Zbyszko d. Mr.Wrestling II to retain the National Heavyweight Title

Attendance: 12,592

Bill Apter and PWI Present...Wrestling News From Around the World:

-England's Joint Promotions has gone on a signing spree,securing the services of Mal Sanders,Marty Jones,Tony Walsh,and Tony St.Clair this Friday.

-In America Buck Zumhofe defeated Mike Graham for the AWA TV Title on Friday's program in front of 13,020 fans.

-In San Francisco, Moondog Mayne defeated The Great Mephisto for the BTW TV Title on Friday,in front of 4,144.

-In Puerto Rico, Inferno#1 defeated Cyclone Nergo for the WWC World Junior Heavyweight Title Friday,in front of 3,576.

-PNW's "Battle of the Brothers" saw Joe Malenko defeat Dean Malenko for the PNW TV Title on Friday,before 4,206.

-In Detroit Corporal Kirschner defeated Rick Steiner for the DCW TV Title Friday,in front of 2,668.

-On Saturday's MACW program, Nikita Koloff defeated Rufus R. Jones for the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title,in front of 9,034.

Saturday Roundup:

Where we'll see how our friends and favorites did this week...

-Bobby Eaton and Dennis Condrey d. Bill Dundee and Robert Gibson(listening to Gibson's promos,did anyone else wonder why it always sounded like Ricky Morton punched him in the throat right before the interview started?)

-Ole Anderson & Tbolt Patterson lost to Brad Armstrong & Brett Wayne Sawyer

-Tim Horner defeated Rick Steiner for the Mid South TV Title

-Matt Borne & Curt Hennig lost to The Skyscrapers(Mark Callous & Dan Spivey)

-Ted DiBiase defeated Mr.Wrestling II

-Rick Steamboat and Jay Youngblood drew with Greg & Johnny Valentine

-Ric Flair drew with Ivan Koloff on Thursday,then defeated Johnny Valentine on Saturday

Enforcer's Log:

Improved in Aerial in Flashiness skills(this is gonna take a while)

Wednesday,Week 2,January 1983:

Hello again,and welcome to Mid-South Wrestling!I'm Boyd Pierce,along with Bill Watts and what a program we have lined up for you! That's right Boyd, we'll see rising young star Tim Horner in action....Paul Orndorff taking on Steve Williams.....and a pair of matches that could headline any arena in the country....Mr.Wrestling II taking on Ted DiBiase.....and JYD,The Junkyard Dog,will compete against "The Big Cat" Ernie Ladd!As always the fans want the best and we only give them the best, the top stars in professional wrestling,keep it right here for Mid South Wrestling!

Super Olympia was not booked for this show

Quick Results:

Art Crews d. Blade Runner Flash

Tim Horner d. Blade Runner Rock

San Houston d. Rick Steiner

Paul Orndorff d. Steve Williams

Mr.Wrestling II vs. Ted DiBiase went to a time limit draw

Ernie Ladd d. Junkyard Dog

Attendance: 3,253

-Sunday sees Angelo Mosca defeat Mike Rotundo for the Florida TV Title,and Dusty Rhodes & Blackjack Mulligan down Kevin Sullivan & The Purple Haze for the Florida Tag Team Titles on CWF TV before 3,494.

-In Montreal, Gilles Poisson and Sailor White defeat Gino Brito and Tony Parisi for the International Tag Team Titles on IWA's show with 9.616 in attendance.

-In Arizona's WSW, Eddie Lopez defeated Christ Colt for the WSW #1 Contender Title Monday,in front of 166.

-Japan's AJW sees Bull Nakano down Seiko Honawa for the All Japan Junior Womens Title on Tuesday,with 1,280 attending.

-Staying in Japan,Tuesday's UPWF show saw Shinichi Nakano defeat Fumihiro Niikura for the UWF Wrestling Spirit Title and Kantaro Hoshino win the UWF World Heavyweight Title from Akira Maeda,in front of 157.

-SWCW ran thier monthly extravaganza in San Antonio on Wednesday,Tiger Conway Jr. defeated Eric Embry for the Southwest Junior Heavyweight Title and Tully Blanchard defeated Manny Fernandez for the Undisputed World Heavyweight Title if front of 1,842.

-American Women's Wrestling saw some action as

Princess Victoria and Velevet McIntyre defeat Peggy Lee Leather and Natasha The Hatchet Lady for the POWW National Tag Team Titles this Wednesday,with 91 fans attending;they also suprisingly revealed that longtime AWA announcer Gene Okerlund will be joining their announce team.

-All Star Wrestling out of Vancouver,Canada continues its quest to up its "Star Power Factor" Wednesday,annoucing the signing of Mr.T,star of the series "The A-Team" to a deal;Mr.T will be working as the "Commisioner" of ASW.....meanwhile fellow star Andy Kaufman has settled into the Color Commentator role.

-One of the biggest suprises in wrestling occured Tuesday night on WWF's nationally aired "Tuesday Night Titans" TV program as the legendary "Superstar" Billy Graham made a startling return to the promotion and in his debut match cleanly beat the undefeated Andre The Giant....industry insides say this may be a sign that Graham is virtually a lock for another run with the WWF World Heavyweight Title as McMahon desparately searches for someone to take his promotion "to the next level".

(sorry for the lack of Anderson this outing,I got home late and this writeup took longer than expected,hopefully tomorrow in SBCW will go better)

Thursday,Week 2,January 1983:

Welcome once again, it's Steel Belt Championship Wrestling and what a card we have for you tonight!Battman will be in action!Baron mikel Scicluna teams up with Dominic DeNucci to take on George"The Animal" Steele and Jim Lancaster!Eric The Red takes on Brute Bernard!The Evil German Waldo von Erich takes on Johnny Powers!It's a WWWF Title rematch as Buddy Rogers mixes it up with Bruno Sammartino!All that and Dandy Dan Miller taking on Polish strongman The Mighty Igor!

Super Olympia was not booked for this show

Quick Results:

Battman d. Charlie Fulton

Baron Scicluna & Dominc DeNucci d. Geroge"The Animal" Steele & Jim Lancaster for the SBW World Tag Team Titles

Brute Bernard d. Eric The Red

Wlado Von Erich d. Johnny Powers

Buddy Rogers d. Bruno Sammartino(in somehwat more than 48 seconds)

Dandy Dan Miller d. The Mighty Igor

Attendance: 1,777

Bill Apter and PWI Presents....Wrestling News From Around The World:

-Canada's MLW sees Mad Dog Vachon defeat Angelo Mosca for the NWA Canadian Heavyweight Title at their monthly arena show Thursday,with 2,153 attending.

-South of the border, Rubio & Black Man defeated Dr.Wagner,Jr. & Super Kendo for the UWA World Tag Team Titles Thursday,if front of 1,358.

-Don Owens PNW took over the Cottage Grove Fairgrounds Thursday, the show saw Playboy Buddy Rose defeat Curt Hennig for the PNW Heavyweight Title in front of 3,517 fans.

-England's All-Star Wrestling also saw a title change Thursday when Mike Bennett defeated Rick Wiseman for the European Middleweight Title in front of 2,690.

-Longtime NWA Women's World Champion and American Women's Wrestling legend The Fabulous Moolah has left the U.S.A. for Japan as she signs on with the more competetive women's wrestling promotion AJW where she will actively compete.

Saturday,Week 2,January 1983:

Welcome fans,to another edition of Georgia Championship Wrestling,I'm Gordon Solie.There's a lot of action in store tonight; Les Thornton will be in action,as well as Road Warrior Hawk....Jake"The Snake" Roberts teams with the man who holds a win over him "Bullet" Bob Armstrong to take on the technical dup of Mr.Wrestling I and II and Ole Anderson takes on Brett Wayne....let's go down to ringside where perhaps one of the most arrogant men in all of professional wrestling,Mr.Larry Zbyszko will be matching up with the youngster of the famed Anderson family, Arn Anderson...

Match #4: Arn Anderson vs. Zbyszko:

Good back and forth exchange of holds to start.....Anderson with the advantage now,and he scores the first takedown with a nice amatuer style suplay.....Anderson works the arm and Zybyszko is back up....Zybysko opening up on Anderson with a series of strike to the Head and Abdomen....Zybysko rides him,keeping a series of amatuer holds going...Anderson makes the ropes....but Zybysko is refusing to break,dropping down twice across Anderson's back...Zybyszko pressing the advantage,but it's Anderson turning the tables,executing a full body slam.....Anderson goes back to the arm....Zybysko battles his way free,he staggered Anderson with a few solid right hands,he's reaching into the tights for something,he swings,thankfully Anderson ducked under that obviously loaded fist....good counter wrestling sequence here....trading blows now....oh,Zybysko caught Anderson and staggered him....Anderson went over that top rope and got twisted up,his head is caught in the ropes,this is a serious situation here....Scrappy McGowen making a good decision in there;he is temporarily stopping the match so they can free Anderson before he suffers permanent damage from being squeezed by those ring ropes....and Zybysko just shoved Scrappy McGowen out of the way to administer further punishment,he is just opening up with blow after blow on the helpless Anderson.....this is serious...McGowen calling for the bell, can we some help out here and get Zybyszko off himm before this man suffers permanent brain trauma from being asphyxiated by those ring ropes?

Arn Anderson def. Larry Zybysko in 10:40 via Disqualification

Rating: F

Quick Results:

Arn Anderson d. Larry Zybyszko via DQ

Les Thornton d. Bruno Sammartino,Jr.

Road Warrior Hawk d. Mike Starbuck

Mr.Wrestling I & II d. Jake Roberts & Bob Armstrong

Ole Anderson d. Brett Wayne

Attendance: 6,226

Bill Apter and PWI Present.....Wrestling News From Around The World:

-In San Francisco this past Friday, Ripper Collins & Lonnie Mayne defeated Black Gordman and Giant Goliath for the BTW National Tag Team Titles,and Ray Stevens defeated Bull Ramos for the BTW Heavyweight Title;1,784 fans were on hand to witness the title changes.

-In San Antonio, the ultra-violent Sheepherders defeated The Hollywood Blondes (Eric Embry & Ken Timbs) for the SWCW Tag Team Titles on Saturday,in front of 1,317.

-England's largest wrestling promotion, Joint Promotions, had Tony Walsh defeat Tony St. Clair for the British Light Heavyweight Title and Peter Roberts defeat Brain Maxine for the World Mid-Heavyweight Title on Saturday,in front of 3,997.

-Back home in the Memphis CWA promotion on Saturday, "Dirty" Dutch MAntell defeated Kareem Muhammad for the AWA Southern Heavyweight Title,as 2,844 fans looked on.

-Over in Alabama, Ken Lucas defeated Boris Zhukov for SECW's Southeastern Heavyweight Title,in front of 1,817.

Saturday Round-Up:

-Bobby Eaton & Dennis Condrey lost to The Fabulous Ones

-Ole Anderson d. Brett Wayne

-Tim Horner d. Blade Runner Rock (The future Ultimate Warrior)

-Matt Borne & Billy Jack lost to Al Madril & Rip Oliver in PNW,while Borner & Jack drew with Randy Savage & Stan Stasiak in DCW

-Ted DiBiase drew with Mr.Wrestling II

-Rick Steamboat started the week beating Jos Leduc,then finished it teaming with Jay Youngblood to defeat The Valentines

-Ric Flair lost to The Destroyer on an AJPW show

Enforcer's Log:

-Improved in Aerial and Flashiness skills.

-It seems I am catching on in the Mid-Atlantic and Mid-South areas,I am almost as recognizable as much of their roster (improved to C- overness)

Monday,Week 3, January 1983:

*A commercial seen on TV stations in the Mid-South area, Freddy Miller does the voice-over* Attention wrestling fans! The stars of Georgia Championship Wrestling make their way to the Superdome this Monday!Ole Anderson & Thunderbolt Patterson will be in actio, as well as Gene Anderson!Young Arn Anderson takes on Road Warrior Hawk.....INSIDE A STEEL CAGE! Les Thornton will be defending the Georgia Junior Heavyweight Title!Mr. Wrestling II takes on the dastardly Assassin!Tommy Rich will be in action against The Spoiler!Larry Zbyszko defend the National Heavyweight Title against Mr.Wrestling! Bell time is 8 P.M.........BEEEEEEEEEE THERE!

Match#5:Arn Anderson vs. Road Warrior Hawk (Cage match)

*With no announcer,we offer the post-match write up as it appeared in Pro Wrestling Illustrated* Anderson took it to Hawk early,taking him to the mat and working the arm over,Hawk tried to fight back but each time Arn kept control with basic wrestling,however Arn could not hold Hawk down,each time he took Hawk down Hawk just stood right back up.Hawk finally brought his power game into play,throwing Anderson around,but Anderson kept up with a variety of suplexes and brawling,going back to the arm each time he managed to get Hawk on the mat.It looked over when Hawk went to Press Slam Anderson but his arm gave out,however, Hawk stopped Anderson before he could escape.Hawk hit Anderson with a flurry of punches,kicks,and stomps before delivering a Hangman's Neck Breaker,Hawk tried to scale the cage but Anderson stopped him right near the top.Hawk then pulled Anderson back into the ring and delivered a second Hangman's Neck Breaker, then scaled out and over the cage and to the floor to secure the win.

Road Warrior Hawk def. Arn Anderson in 15:10 via Cage Escape

Rating: C-(not too bad considering how green Hawk is)

Quick Results:

Road Warrior Hawk d. Arn Anderson

Ole & Tbolt d. Brad Armstrong & Brett Wayne

Gene Anderson d. Bruno Sammartino,Jr.

Les Thornton d. Tim Horner

Mr.Wrestling II d. The Assassin

The Spoiler d. Tommy Rich

Larry Zbyszko d. Mr.Wrestling

Attendance: 3,859

-Monday's G.L.O.W. taping sees Col.Ninotchka & Spanish Red defeat The Cheerleaders for the G.L.O.W. Tag Team Titles, in front of 458.

-In Arizona, Comboy Bob Yuma & Hercules Stevenson defeated The Lumberjacks for the WSW National Tag Titles,64 people in attendance.

-The P.O.W.W. promotion has begun to garner some recognition lately,it seems they have dumped almost all of the "pretty girl" T & A types and restocked their roster with real athletes:some of the finest female wrestlers in professional wrestling today now grace the roster of the one time "joke" promotion.

Enforcer's Log:

-Improved in Aerial and Flashiness skills

Great stuff.

But any promotion that does not book Super Olympia must be thrown into the pits of Puerto Rico and forced to main event Carlos Colon. The heathens...

I really liked the end of that Zbyszko match. Fits Larry to a tee.

And the loss to Hawk does not surprise me - nor the eventual rating. I tried to capture that awe factor the Roadies brought out back then. In WS terms, they were one big Wow Factor. :)

The funny thing about them that a lot of people do not know: Were it not for Matt Borne being such a flake back then, there would never have been a Road Warriors. Supposedly Ole Anderson was going to give that 'tag team mega push' to Borne and Arn Anderson - both managed by... 'Precious' Paul Ellering, but Borne was having some 'issues' and skipped out.

Doink was just as good, I guess. :D

Anyway -- this is a lot of fun to read. Thanks a lot for taking the time.

I pray you keep this up man because Arn is one of my favorites. And its a great time. Boone, one day I would love for you to preach to me about wrestling from back in the day, I'm enough of a wrestling nerd that I would love to hear what you got as you seem to be a great meomory for the thing. But back to the diary, Moderday, I may cry if you stop this, I like the time period and I will be a reader.

Thanks for the kind words, lads, feedback is always appreciated. :)

Buck,I wouldn't worry too much,I plan on keeping this baby going at least through "The Horsemen Years".Besides,I want to see what the future will hold if I can keep away from Marty Jannetty and the Victory Roll of Doom(that was how Arn got the neck injury that eventually forced his retirement,botched Victory Roll against The Rockers during his WWF run with Tully)I am keeping myself to a "one match posting per day" rule,it should prevent burnout.

I was suprised to get a "double no booking", if you wheel...."not booked" seems a little more common now,but that's more because you Bruno,Thesz,Buddy Rogers, and many more greats running about with quite a bit of gas left in the tank,and the AI loves to book them(and well they should,their overness is probably off the charts compared to the rank and file)

The Zybyszko match was shaping up well,we had some good scientific sequences in there,then Larry had to ruin it with an instant DQ move :p.Typical for Larry in GCW and i suppose it got him over as being nasty,shame the "out of nowhere" finish made the match rating tank though.

I like the way you did Hawk and Animal, to me that felt like an early Road Warriors match,I was worried going in since Hawk isn't exactly Ric Flair when it comes to putting together a good match....he is lucky to be David Flair in that department.....I was more worried when Hawk started veering away from his more impressive power moves in favor of basic strikes/strike flurries,plus cage matches have a tendency to either be very awesome or notoriously horrid,so I was just happy to turn in something watchable and put Hawk over without hurting Arn's popularity.Funny you mentioned Matt Borne though,I used that same trivia in the intro post.:)

I am trying a lot of different things with this diary:From my own rules to simulate the working environment and wrestler progression, to watching Arn matches and mimicing that style in my matches, to trying to mimic the distinct announcing styles,and combining some of the write-up style used by Excelleneofexecution in his awesome Lyger diary for WS1.The big one though is doing my best to "keep kayfabe"...the TV show style format, Apter mags,and things like keeping Arn under the hood where he works heel so people don't ask why Arn is a good guy on this show but a bad guy on that one.....it's all designed with an eye on recreating the "feel" of pro wrestling during the early 80's while still making for ease of reading, I hope it is working for you(judging from the number of views already it can't be doing too bad).

Wednesday,Week 3,January 1983:

Hello fans, welcome to Mid South Wrestling, the very best in professional wrestling....I'm Boyd Pierce, joining me is the president of Mid South Wrestling "Cowboy" Bill Watts....Thank you Boyd, exciting action is in store as we bring you some of the most key matchups in wrestling today.....Paul Orndorff takes on huge favorite Magnum T.A....The Hacksaws, But Reed and Jim Duggan meet up with "The Big Cat" Ernie Ladd and the savage Kamala! Everyone's favorite, Junkyard Dog teams up with Mr. Wrestling II to take on "The Rat Pack".....Ted DiBiase and Mr.Olympia....but it's championship action as Mid South Wrestling brings you Tim Horner, Defending his Television Title against Mr.Olympia's paid gun, Super Olympia....to make sure Mr.Olympia doesn't stick his nose in, this match will take place inside A STEEL CAGE! We'll be right back for the opening bell....

Match #6: Super Olympia vs Tim Horner (MSW TV Title Match,Steel Cage) :

And here we go....Horner taking advantage with some nice chain wrestling,Olympia countering hold for hold....and he just took Horner down with a nice Suplex!Horner fights his way back up,he's opening up on Super Olympia with thise forearm shots.....oops,Horner took a wild swing and missed,Olympia has him back down with a gutwrench suplex!Look though,Boyd! Horner is back up,I think Super Olympia made him mad! He fires off a series of punches,a dropkick sens Olympia into the corner....Horner goes up,BIG series of punches and Olympia is dazed!Horner is really on fire,every time Olympia gets in a move in,he counters right back and continues to pound him, that's the heart of a champion,Boyd!Horner has Olympia reeling,he could go at any time!Horner with a bodylam and what's this,HE'S HEADING TO THE TOP ROPE! Normally this would be a Disqualification,Boyd, as moves from the top rope are strictly illegal, however that rule has been waived for this match....Horner comes flying off the top on the downed Olympia.....HE MISSED! HORNER IS BADLY HURT!Olympia is up,and he is not messing around Boyd,he knows he doesn't have to pin the min or make him submit,he has begun to climb out of the cage, with Horner hurt by that missed move I don't know if he has the strength to catch him....Olympia is halfway up....on top now.....he's climbed over.....and hit the floor, there it is! Horner is STILL down, and that's why these sort of top rope moves have been outlawed Boyd, they are far too dangerous and result in injuries to the athletes...Horner landed awkwardly and really hurt himself badly.....officials out now to administer aid as your new TV Champion,Super Olympia, heads to the back...*crowd chants "that sucked"*....the crowd not happy with that one as Super Olympia,on the verge of defeat,sneaks a win from young Tim Horner,and the fans expressing their opinion of that outcome....

Super Olympia def. Tim Horner in 9:20 to win the MSW TV Title

Quick Results:

Super Olympia d. Tim Horner to win the Mid South TV Title

Sam Houston d. Rick Steiner

Magnum T.A. d Paul Orndorff

Ladd & Kamala d. The Hacksaws

JYD & Mr. Wrestling II vs. Ted DiBiase & Mr.Olympia went to a time limit draw

Attendance: 1,361

-Japanese Women's Wrestling sees action Tuesday as Candi Devine defeats Jaguar Yokota for AJW's All Japan Women's Title,865 attended.

-In somewhat less serious Women's Wrestling, Tina Ferrari defeated Tammy Jones for the G.L.O.W. Championship Title in front of 431.

-POWW showed off their new roster Tuesday, with Luna Vachon defeating Princess Victoria for the P.O.W.W. Heavyweight Title, attendance was 97.

-The WWF is becoming a more interesting place as this weeks program sees The Masked Superstar defeat Andre The Giant on National Televison, spurring a debate over just who is in top contention for Bob Backlund's World Heavyweight Title.

Enforcer's Log:

-Improved in Aerial and Flashiness skills(6% a piece now...WHOOOOOO!)

Stupid Horner...

... that was excellent! I could totally envision Watts chastising Horner for that miss - while at the same time trumpeting the greatness that was Mid South. The old huckster.

Oh, and what's with this 'debate' jazz? Everyone knows it's Masked Superstar!

:D

Horner was another one of "those" matches: It went back and forth Arn was on danger,Horner only on low, since it was MSW, I was suprised when he went for "the poor man's Superfly".....when he whiffed,i figured it would be a good time for an escape attempt and to my suprise I made it out...a good ending for that promotion,but from a WS2 perspective the finish was too out of nowhere and tanked the rating,so I pulled a Bill Watts on my own and quickly explained the finish in a way that would have made sense.

Masked Superstar and Billy Graham is a tough one,I love both guys and both have a pinfall on Andre,which would have been HUGE in '83...I am not really sure which the WS2 engine gives more of a "push" to though....if it were me playing TEW08 I'd have them wrestle for the shot,cheap finish,put the winner over Backlund(and have him "injure" Backlund) then a promo from the loser of the title shot,he turns face for a ready made and somewhat logcially booked feud,once that runs its course you bring back Backlund for his "contracturally guaranteed re- match he never got" and that's program #2....meanwhile Vince's head would explode from the sheer logic of the booking while somewhere far away Bill Watts laughs.

Thursday,Week 3,January 1983:

It's time again for Steel Belt Championship Wrestling!Eric the Red and Battman will be in tag team action!Killer Kowalski takes on Evil Waldo Von Erich!Bruno Smmartino locks up with the madman, Brute Bernard! Dandy Dan Miller meets Polish strongman The Mighty Igor! But first, Super Olympia,who made his mark by destroying Frankie Williams takes on Johnny DeFazio! Let's go to the ring....

Match #7: Super Olympia vs. Johnny DeFazio (2/3 Falls)

And here we go....collar and elbow,neither man has the advantage...Olympia takes over with a side headlock,he hit DeFazio in the face when the ref couldn't see! Olympia working that arm now....picks up DeFazio up,looks like a suplex....he dropped DeFazio across that top rope,that's illegal! Now Olympia has the man by the hair as is pounding way, get in there ref! Wait, DeFazio firing back, he has Olympia in a headlock, and takes him over to the mat! DeFazio working the arm,now he drives a knee into the arm...Olympia escapes and both men come to their feet....DeFazio takes over with a series of lefts! Now a series of European Uppercuts and Olympia is down...DeFazio has the legs...BOOM stomp to the stomach and DeFazio has Olympia on the back foot!He brings Olympia up and...oh, Olympia goes to the eyes,DeFazio is stunned....Olympia lifts him up....Gourdbuster!Olympia covers......1.....2....3.....Olympia takes the first fall *re-joined from commercial after the rest period,DeFazio is firing jabs inton the face of Super Olympia* Defazio off the ropes, big forearm puts Olympia down...Olympia back up,delivering a few shots...it's Defazio firing back with right hands and Olympia is down! DeFazio working the arm of Olympia...picks him up...DeFazio with a nice Vertical Suplex,wait,Olympia turned into a cross body,we could have a pin! 1.....kicked out.....both men to their feet...Olympia shoots in for a hammerlock...and he bodyslams DeFazio on that arm! Olympia going for an arm bar....DeFazio makes the ropes! Oh,Olympia with a cheap punch on the break...and again he slams DeFazio on that hammerlocked arm!Olympia pulls him to the center of the ring,turns him....Step Over Arm Bar! Olympia wrenching on the damaged arm....he's demanding that Andy Caldarell check with DeFazio.....Caldarell calls for the bell, DeFazio has given up! The competition was stiffer this week, DeFazio looked like he might come back, but again it's Super Olympia taking it in 2 straight falls, using a modified suplex maneuver,then securing a win with that dangerous Step Over Arm Bar.

Super Olympia def. Johnny DeFazio in 11:50 (Anderson Gourdbuster,Anderson Step Over Arm Bar)

Rating: C

Quick Results:

Super Olympia d. Johnny DeFazio

Team Gold (Scicluna & DeNucci) d. Eric the Red and Battman

Killer Kowalski d. Waldo Von Erich

bruno Sammartino d. Brute Bernard

Dandy Dan miller d. The Mighty Igor

Attendance: 134 (SBCW 1st ever Mid West show)

Bill Apter and PWI present...Wrestling News From Around The World:

-other than EMLL drawing 14,001 for their Thursday show, nothing much to report.

Enforcer's Log:

-Super Olympia is starting to get over in MSW, he has quickly come to be seen as almost on the same level as his "mentor",Mr.Olympia(only .6% difference by push now).

Saturday,Week 3, January 1983:

WTBS and The National Wrestling Alliance once again bring you the stars of Georgia Championship Wrestling! Gordon Solie here, what a lineup we're bringing to you this evening on the Superstation....the great Les Thornton takes on young high flier Tim Horner.....Brett Wayne will try and build on those recent wins, taking on Pistol Pez Whatley...!Super tough Ron Garvin will mix it up with the madman, Buzz Sawyer...and Paul Ellering's charges, the dominant Road Warriors take on two men who certainly know alot about tag team dominance themselves,as well as being no strangers to championship belts, Mr. Wrestling and Mr.Wresling II!Gene Anderson will be here, in competition with 'Wildfire" Tommy Rich....speaking of that famous wrestling family, we'll start it off with the youngest Anderson,Arn, in competition with another young up-and-comer, Rick McGraw,let's go to the ring....

Match#8: Arn Anderson vs. Rick McGraw

Anderson starts off working the arm, they exchange blows...Anderson with advantage,full body slam, and right back to the arm of McGraw,McGraw is up..catches Anderson in a headlock....nice series of amatuer moves here...McGraw with a hip lock takeover, he goes to work on the arm of Anderson....both men back up...McGraw with the hammerlock single leg,showing his amatuer background...Anderson back up...a nice standing dropkick by McGraw...he's going outside...wow,he used those ropes for a slingshot effect and dropped a knee across the forehead of Anderson,now he's driving the elbow into the bicep area of Anderson...Anderson back up, the exchange holds, Anderson picks him across the shoulders,fireman's carry coming up perhaps...hang on McGraw has turned it into some sort of flying head scissors! Another dropkick by McGraw....setting Anderson up....and a devastating Leaping Piledriver by McGraw....lateral press....1.....2....3......what a great win for this youngster here on the Superstation,TBS...*crowd boos*....not a popular decision though,I am afraid...

Rick McGraw def. Arn Anderson via pinfall(Leaping Piledriver) in 10:00

Rating: E

Quick Results:

Rick McGraw d. Arn Anderson

Les Thornton d. Tim Horner

Brett Wayne d. Pistol Pez Whatley

Tommy Rich d. Gene Anderson

Buzz Sawyer d. Ron Garvin for the National Television Title

The Road Warriors d. Mr Wrestling I and II

Attendance: 3,635

Bill Apter and PWI present...Wrestling News From Around The World:

-Adrian Adonis defeated "Rock 'N Roll" Buck Zumhofe for the AWA Television Title on, fittingly enough, the AWA's TV show this Friday, in front of 6,722.

-Kurt Von Steiger defeated Tito Montez for WSW's World Heavyweight Title on Friday,in front of a disappointing "gate" of 21.

-CWF's "Superbowl of Wrestling" took place Saturday;The Purple Haze defeated Aneglo Mosca for the Florida Heavyweight Title..1,394 fans saw the title change live.

Saturday Round Up:

-Bobby Eaton continues his slide as The Midnight Express loses to the RnR Express

-Ole teamed with Thunderbolt Patterson to defeat Brett Wayne & Brad Armstrong at Tuesday's big show,but did not appear on TV this week

-Tim Horner goes 0 for 3, losing to Super Olympia and twice to Les Thornton

-Matt Borne took the week off,no matches

-Ted DiBiase and Mr.Olympia drew with JYD and Mr.Wrestling II

-Steamboat goes almost perfect, teaming with Ric Flair to defeat Roddy Piper & Jimmy Valiant, then with Jay Youngblood to defeat the Valentines;Steamboat and Youngblood lost to The Brisco Brothers Friday,fortunately for them it was non-title

-Ric Flair rolls though the week, besides the win with Steamboat,he defeats both Johnny Valentine and Ivan Koloff

Enforcer's Log:

-Wow,McGraw went off on me,at least the loss didn't hurt me much.

Wednesday,Week 4,January 1983:

It's time again for the best in professional wrestling, with all the stars of Mid-South; I'm Boyd Pierce, joining me is the President of Mid-South Wrestling,Bill Watts....Hello Boyd,and hello fans...what a night of action in store for you!Due to the ongoing problems between the top stars of Mid-South Wrestling and "The Rat Pack", a series of special matches have been sanctioned tonight! Junkyard Dog will take on the devious Ted DiBiase! "Hacksaw"Butch Reed will wrestle with the masked Mr.Olympia! Before that,championship titles will be on the line when "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan looks to take care of Mr.Olympia's hired gun,Super Olympia....TV Title on the line......NEXT!

Match#9: Super Olympia vs. Jim Duggan(Title Match)

Super Olympia controlling the arm to start...Duggan is a brawler,I think he is trying to take Duggan's offense away from him by weaking those punches,Boyd.....Olympia scoops him up....sidebreaker! And right back to the arm,he's really working Duggan over here....Duggan makes the ropes....now it's Duggan firing some shots in....See that though,Boyd? Duggan's arm has been weakened,it took the strength out of those punches,they aren't doing much to Super Olympia!Olympia his him bent over.....butterfly suplex!Look at that though,Boyd...Duggan right back up,he's getting mad! There goes Duggan with a series of strikes and Olympia is down! Now he's pounding away on Olympia while he's down!Oh,Super Olympia caught Duggan in the eye as he was coming in,that will slow you down in a hurry! Series of strikes by Olympia,but Duggan is still on his feet! Both men tired and exhuasted,they look for an opening...Olympia comes in....Duggan caught him! He picked him up and delivered a devastating bodyslam! Series of axe handle strikes...BEAR HUG! Duggan is squeezing for all he has got! Alfred Neely checks the arm.....one.............two...........three! He's done it, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan has put away Super Olympia with that Bear Hug to win the Mid-South TV Title!Well Boyd,I can't say I am not happy, those Rat Pack goons are an insult to professional wrestling and I don't like 'em,let's hope the rest of that crew get their come uppance tonight too! *Crowd chants "that sucked"*I guess the only thing I can fault Duggan for,he did so well I guess the fans didn't get to see Mr.Olympia's goon get beat up enough!

Jim Duggan def. Super Olympia in 11:50 via Submission(Big Bear Hug) to win the Mid South Television Title

Quick Results:

Jim Duggan d. Super Olympia for the Mid-South TV Title

Crusher Darsow d. Rick Steiner

Sam Houston d. Blade Runner Rock

Mr.Olympia d. Butch Reed

JYD d. Ted DiBiase

Attendance: 3,584

Bill Apter and PWi Present...Wrestling News From Around The World:

-HCW held their monthly big show Saturday, Butch Reed defeated Buddy Landell for the HCW TV Title in front of 110 fans.

-In Vancouver, "Crazy" Chris Colt and Moose Morowski defeated Dean Ho and Al Tomko for the Canadian Heavyweight Tag Team Titles on ASW's Tv show,in front of 113.Colt kept his momentum going by capturing the ASW Canadian Heavyweight Title from Igor Volkoff at Monday's big show in front of 117.

-Back in the U.S.A., Thunderbolt Patterson defeated Paul Christy for the ICW World Heavyweight Title this sunday in front of 351.

-In Mexico, Perro Aguayo defeated El Aduaz for the UWA World Middlewight Title Monday,in front of 2,238

-Meanwhile back up north in the Maritimes, Don Leo Johnathan defeated Leo Burke for the Maritimes Championshsip Title Monday at AGPW's stadium show,in front of 310.

-MLW's weekly show happened Tuesday and saw The Vachon Brothers defeat Ivan Koloff and The Beast for the Canadian Open Tag Team Titles in front of 3,260.

-Overseas, Jumping Bomb Angel Itsuki Yamazaki defeated Bull Nakano for the All Japan Junior Women's Title and The 100% Girls(Devil Masami & Sue Sexton) defeated The Crush Girls for the All Japan's Womens Tag Teams Titles on AJW's show this Wednesday,in front of 1,332.

Enforcer's Log:

-Improved in Aerial and Flashiness skills.

-Been in a string of stinkers lately,I need to put on a good match to get my confidence back.

Tough break the past couple of matches. Losing to Duggan is nothing to be ashamed of. Losing to Quickdraw McGraw? Er.... :D

On a positive note, Chris Colt gets title glory. Even if it is for Tomko.

The more I read about him, the more I am convinced Colt was one of the most underrated wrestlers ever. Hell, he was one of the few men to stiff Shirley 'Big Daddy' Crabapple (;)) in a match! That's enough proof for me. Heh.

Great reads. Thanks.

Oh... HAH @ that Flying Headscissors counter to the fireman's carry! That's hilarious.

Sometimes they work. Sometimes they don't.

Tough break the past couple of matches. Losing to Duggan is nothing to be ashamed of. Losing to Quickdraw McGraw? Er.... :D

On a positive note, Chris Colt gets title glory. Even if it is for Tomko.

The more I read about him, the more I am convinced Colt was one of the most underrated wrestlers ever. Hell, he was one of the few men to stiff Shirley 'Big Daddy' Crabapple (;)) in a match! That's enough proof for me. Heh.

Great reads. Thanks.

Oh... HAH @ that Flying Headscissors counter to the fireman's carry! That's hilarious.

Sometimes they work. Sometimes they don't.

Losing to Duggan is no big deal,the only guys with a higher push are the Main Eventers (JYD,Wrestling II,Kamala,Ladd),whereas Super Olympia has not even

broken into the Upper Midcard yet;the problem was I got him down to medium,then he beat me down from High all the way to Danger and submitted me,with my only offense being one or two low level counters,it didn't exactly make for a well worked match.

I guess McGraw must be training,saying his prayers,and taking his vitamins,he came out,got good momentum off the bat,then basically dropkicked me to death and finished with the piledriver whiel i desparately tried to get some holds on to stop his momentum;every time i managed to avoid something he would counter my move with that stupid dropkick,then beat me up more....If I knew I was getting a re-match,I'd turn heel on him,call in Uncle Ole,then we break his leg :)

Thursday,Week 4,January 1983:

Hello fans, time again for STEEL BELT CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING!The brutl Geto will be here!Tag Team Title action as team Gold takes on Eric the Red and Battman! Everyones' favorite,Johnny Powers,meets the mad german Waldo Von Erich!The mighty mighty tem of Bruno Sammartino and The Mighty Igor put their strength to the test against The Miller Brothers!Let's go down to the ring where Mario Milano his vast array of holds against the master of the Step Over Arm Bar and the Gourdbuster, Super Olympia!

Match #10: Super Olympia vs. Mario Milano:

Collar and Elbow....Olympia takes him to the corner...and smashes his head into the turnbuckle!Mario rolls away...glancing forearm, Olympia just walks through it a nice gutwrench suplex...and Olympia has begun to work on the arm....Mario makes it back up....exchange of amatuer holds....now exchanging shots.....oops wild swing there...Olympia his him....suplex...and back to the arm!Driving the arm into the arm....Olympia picks Mario up for a bodyslam.....he just dropped Mario throat first across the top rope,get in there ref!Cover.....count of 1.....they lock up...Mario has the advantage,he's working the arm and neck with arm bars and headlocks,wearing Olympia down...Olympia caught Mario with a kick while in that arm bar...and it's a double underhook suplex....great amatuer style action there....working the arm....picks Mario up right into a belly to back suplex! Now he's just pounding away on Mario with punches,get in there and warn him ref!Olympia breaks before 5...Pilediver! 1....2.....2 count only!Swinging Neckbreaker by Olympia..1..2.....kick out! Olympia is arguing the count was slow...Mario caught him while he was arguing with the ref! Series of blows.....half nelson,furthered with a wristlock, now wrenching on the arm of Olympia,giving him a taste of his own medicine!Mario picks him up....he's tying up Olympia with those hammerlock takedowns, really working the arm of Olympia! Standing Hammerlock...Olympia elbows free....Olympia with rapid fire forearms, Mario is stunned....he sets him up...GOURDBUSTER!1..........2...............3! There it is, Mario really put him to the test with those wrestling moves, but in the end it was Super Olympia with a devastating Gourdbuster to pick up another impressive win!

Super Olympia def. Mario Milano via pinfall (Anderson Gourdbuster) in 15:20

Rating: C-

Quick Results:

Super Olympia d. Mario Milano

Charlie Fulton d. Frankie Williams

Geto Mongol d. Johnny DeFazio

Team Gold d. Eric the Red & Battman

Waldo Von Erich d. Johnny Powers

Bruno & Igor d. The Miller Brothers

Attendance: 1,643

-Quiet day on the wrestling front,as there are no title changes to report; EMLL did draw 14,000 for their weekly show again, proving without a doubt they are the #1 promotion in Mexico, they have gained some popularity in the border states of the U.S. and there is said to be talk of trying to run a few test shows there as an experiment to see how the Lucha product fares in American markets.

Enforcer's Log:

-Improved in Aerial and Flashiness skills (officially into the double digits now)

-Finally a passable match,and a win too; let's get back on track.

Way to beat up on the old man, Olympia Jr. :D

Seriously - nice recovery match there. Milano (and the many other European mat grapplers) can be deadly once they get going.

Nice card, too. You have to be proud opening the curtains for that line-up.

I agree,it ended up being an old fashioned "catch as catch can" type match,with a lot of wrestling holds and only short bits of brawling during hold transitions,we were both on danger when I finished that one...countered an Abdominal Stretch with Forearms, then the Gourdbuster.One of the most enjoyable matches (to play) so far.

The card was stacked,though tbh, we all know the Olympia match(by push a midcarder match) was second on the card, Charlie Fulton v. Frankie Williams was the opener for that one :)

Friday,Week 4,January 1983:

*As seen on flyers stapled to telephone poles in Cleveland*Steel Belt Championship Wrestling LIVE! Friday...8 P.M. Jim Lancaster vs. Salvatore Bellomo,Eric The Red vs. Geto Mongol,Baron Mikel Scicluna vs. Dominic DeNucci,Battman vs. George Steele, Killer Kowalski vs. Waldo Von Erich, Killer Kamata & Brute Bernard vs. Super Olympia & "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers, Bruno Sammartino vs. Dandy Dan Miller!Tickets available at the door.

Match #11: Super Olympia & Buddy Rogers vs. Killer Kamata & Brute Bernard:

*Synopsis as it appeared in PWI magazine*Olympia and Kamata started off exchanging blows with the bigger Kamata taking advantage,Kamata and Bernard worked Olympia over in their corner with every dirty trick in the book until Olympia was in trouble...Olympia suckered Bernard into a miss and brought Rogers in; the two began exchaning eye pokes,slaps and chokes until both men were weakened.Rogers & Olympia began working both Kamata and Bernard over in their corner, Kamata & Rogers returned the favor on both Rogers and Olympia until all four men were in trouble....the crowd thought it was over when Bernard Powerslammed Rogers but he only got a two, they thought it was over again when Kamata applied The Asiatic Spike to Rogers,but Rogers managed to make the ropes....a brawl ensued and Rogers managed to knock Kamata down with a dropkick and was about to apply his Figure Four Grapevine when time ran out,the crowd went nuts afterwards....Matt Brock,in his column,would go on to hail this match as "the greatest show of sportsmanship so far this year", explaining away the many chokes,eyes pokes,and bevy of illegal moves by all four men as "poor officiating and selective eyesight by the fans in attendance".

Super Olympia & Buddy Rogers drew with Killer Kamata & Brute Bernard (Time Limit)

Rating: A+

Quick Results:

Super Olympia & Buddy Rogers drew with Killer Kamata & Brute Bernard

Jim Lancaster d. Salvatore Bellomo

Eric The Red d. Geto Mongol

Baron Mikel Sciculuna d. Dominic DeNucci

George Steele d. Battman

Waldo Von Erich d. Killer Kowalski

Dandy Dan Miller d. Bruno Sammartino

Attendance: 1,667

-DCW's weekly television program aired Friday,Mike Miller defeated Corporal Kirschner for the Big Time TV Title in front of 2,016 fans.

-The AWA has begun to pull even with the WWF, with both promotions drawing between 14-15,000 weekly for their shows in their home base areas.....MACW and GCW are slightly behind with each drawing about 12,000 in their home base areas.

Enforcer's Log:

-Improved in Aerial,Flashiness,and Psychology skills

-First time in a higher profile match,and we delivered, mostly thanks to "The Nature Boy".....not a win,but I did learn some tricks on how to work a crowd (Psychology skill upgraded to B-)

Saturday,Week 4,January 1983:

The Superstation TBS and the National Wrestling Alliance once again present Championship Wrestling from Georgia,this is Gordon Solie and what a night of action here on TBS: Ole Anderson and Thunderbolt Patterson will be here....tough Ron Garvin i action with young high flying Tim Horner...the crazed Buzz Sawyer meets Mr.Wrestling II....tag team action as Bruno Sammartino Jr. and Mr.Wrestling team with Wildfire Tommy Rich compete with the team of The Assassin,The Spoiler, and Road Warrior Hawk....speaking of The Road Warriors, the man Hawk defeated in that brutal Steel Cage match, Arn Anderson, will be in action against Hawk's partner, the powerful Road Warrior Animal! Let's go down to the ring for the introductions....

Match #12: Arn Anderson vs. Road Warrior Animal

Animal tried to rush Anderson before the bell,but Anderson quickly avoided him!Anderson riding Animal with a series of amatuer moves....Anderson a high school wrestling standout.....Animal reverses, now showing his amatuer background with a series of holds..Anderson trying to punch free but those blows are having no effect...Anderson reverses and a nice amatuer takedown....and now he's working the arm of Animal, trying to nullify the strength advantage by weaking the left arm....Ellering is on the apron, Anderson took a shot at him but that distracted Anderson long enough for Animal to get a cheap shot in!Anderson quickly reversing, he slips behind.....and a beautiful belly to back suplay.He's using the ropes to gain extra height before dropping the knee across the pre-frontal lobe of Animal...Animal up....series of punches has him dazed...and Anderson delivers a butterfly suplay,lateral press....but only a 1 count!Animal up...powers out of a hammerlock....and suprisingly Animal has gone back to those amatuer holds...he hasn't has too much success with those,as Anderson seems more versed in that department.Flurry of forearm blows by Anderson gets him out of a headlock,he scoops Animal onto his shoulder....spinebuster,Anderson on top and he pounds away on The Road Warrior....Anderson has a leg...Spinning Toe Hold applied....Animal used his reach to make the ropes and cause a break!Both men up,firing out jabs...Anderson caught Animal in the abdominal wall...sets him....Piledriver!Lateral press....1......2..........and Animal kicks out just barely before 3!Anderson with the inverted atomic drop....we've never really seen either Road Warrior in trouble like this! Swinging Neckbreaker.......only 1...Anderson opening up,no effect....Animal takes advantage on Anderson with a powerful shot and now he's just raining down axe handle blows.....big stomping kick to the abdiominal wall of Anderson,he looks in trouble now too.....Animal with a series of clotheslines.....picks Anderson up...wait,he tried to press Anderson overhead but his arm was too weak, cuasing Anderson to land on top of him....1...2....Animal kicks out!Anderson all over the arm now...weaking it further...wait...Animal just powers right up from an arm bar...Anderson is on his shoulders.....Shoulder Mounted Suplay! 1....2....now Anderson kicks out! Animal didn't have the strength to really drive Anderson down...now he's frustrated, raining blows onto the down Anderson....Animal picks him up...manages to press Anderson over his head......what,he's walking over to the ropes.....Oh my God!For god's sake no! Animal just press slammed Anderson over the top rope all the way to the floor!*Scrappy McGowen signals the DQ as Animal flxes in the ring and Solie leaves the booth to check on Arn,the house mic picks up Solie semi-off camera*......Arn,are you ok?Get the doctor, this is serious here....

Arn Anderson def. Road Warrior Animal via DQ (Over the top) in 25:10

Rating: C+

Quick Results:

Arn Anderson d. Road Warrior Animal via DQ

Ron Garvin d. Tim Horner

Ole & Thunderbolt d. Brad Armstrong & Brett Wayne

Buzz Sawyer d. Mr.Wrestling II

Hawk,Spoiler, Assassin d. Mr.Wrestling,Tommy Rich,Bruno,jr.

Attendance: 11,605

-The issue of Number one contendership for Bob Backlund's WWF World Heavyweight Title was settled Saturday at the WWF's big arena show when The Masked Superstar defeated Backlund for the belt, in front of 4,334.

-On the same day, viewers of the Memphis CWA promotion saw The Dream Machine defeat Koko Ware for the CWA Mid America Heavyweight Title, 3,116 fans saw the match live.

-Questions about pro wrestling may be asked in Congress after the combination of a Spoiler win and Masked Superstar winning the WWF World Heavyweight Title causes a young D.Boon's Ghost to pass out from being unable to handle the sheer awesomeness of it. :)

Saturday Round Up:

-Bobby Eaton and Dennis Condrey lost twice to The Fabulous Ones in title matches

-Ole & Thunderbolt beat Brad Armstrong & Brett Wayne for the second time in two weeks

-Tim Horner lost to Ronnie Garvin

-Matt Borne & Rip Oliver lost to the odd pairing of Billy Jack & Ed Wiskowski

-Continuing the trend.....Ted DiBiase lost to JYD

-Steamboat & Youngblood roll on defeating The Valentines twice this week...and probably nursing alot of bruises considering their opponents

-Ric Flair lost to Ivan Koloff in a non-title bout,then defeated him in a title bout on national television

Enforcer's Log:

-Another decent match from the Roadies....I am 3-2 in GCW but have only one "clean" win....I have a VERY long way to go to break out of the midcard,but one day I will Main Event this promotion and get a clean win over "the big guys"

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Sunday,Week 4,January 1983:</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

This Sunday....Bill Watts presents........Mid South Wrestling LIVE! Steve Williams vs. Lord Humongous! Paul Orndorff & Super Olympia vs. Butch Reed & Terry Taylor! Ernie Ladd vs. Jim Duggan! Junkyard Dog & Mr.Wrestling II vs. Ted DiBiase & Mr.Olympia! Bell time 7:30 P.M., tickets available at the door on a first come,first served basis!</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match#13: Paul Orndorff & Super Olympia vs. Butch Reed & Terry Taylor:</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

*PWI match synopsis*Orndorff and Reed started off trading punches but Orndorff couldn't handle Reed's strength and lost the advantage,only to gain it back with a rake of the eyes and some solid wrestling holds.Super Olympia came in and kept Reed grounded until he used his strength to break out of a hold and make the tag to Taylor.Olympia tried to go hold for hold with Taylor but Taylor easily outwrestled him in back and forth action.Finally a mistake by Taylor opened him up for a big suplex and Olympia went to work on the neck and back of Taylor with a variety of suplexes followed by a gut buster.Good quick tags by Orndorff and Olympia kept Taylor in their corner,the fans thought Taylor would soon be done for but he crawled through Orndorff's legs and finally got Reed back in.Orndorff took over and totally dominated both Taylor and Reed with his power.The action heated up and went to multiple near falls including a very close count after Butch Reed Choke Slammed Super Olympia....both teams went to work, Orndorff and Olympia concentrating on the neck while Taylor and Reed worked the arms and back....back and forth action until Orndorff was able to capitalize on a mistake by Taylor and deliver the patented Mr.Wonderful Piledriver for the pinfall just moments before time ran out, driving the crowd crazy.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Paul Orndorff & Super Olympia def. Butch Reed & Terry Taylor via Pinfall(Mr.Wonderful Piledriver) in 57:40</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating: A+</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Quick Results:</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Paul Orndorff & Super Olympia d. Butch Reed & Terry Taylor</p><p>

Sam Houston & Tim Horner d. The Steiner Brothers</p><p>

Steve Williams & Lord Humongous went to a double DQ</p><p>

Ernie Ladd d. Jim Duggan</p><p>

JYD & Mr.Wrestling II d. Ted DiBiase & Mr.Olympia for the Mid-South Tag Team Titles</p><p> </p><p>

Attendance: 1,340</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Bill Apter and PWI Present...Wrestling News From Around The World:</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

-WCCW hit the Great Lakes area Sunday, Jose Lothario defeated Terry Gordy for the WCCW Brass Knuckles Title, in front of 1,391.</p><p> </p><p>

-Meanwhile in Kansas City Tommy Rogers defeated "Nature Boy" Roger Kirby for the CSTATE TV title on All-Star Wrestling,with 493 attending. </p><p> </p><p>

-Angelo Poffo's rengade ICW was on TV Sunday,fans saw Paul Christy defeat The Great Tio for the TCW TV Title,with 63 in attendance.</p><p> </p><p>

-The Masked Superstar overcame his first test,defeated former WWF World Heavyweight Champion Pedro Morales on WWF Superstars,drawing just shy of 11,000.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Enforcer's Log:</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

-Improved in Aerial,Flashiness, and Basic skills </p><p> </p><p>

-2nd quality match in a row,making me somewhat better about the sloppy matches,now if I can only get a clean win without the mask....</p><p> </p><p>

-National exposure is beginning to kick in,as I am now somewhat known across the country,and starting to become popular in my home market(popularity has become C in Great Lakes,C+ in South East, C- in every other U.S. region.</p>

Archived