after playing so far, who are ur champions?

mine are

XCC FW: Philip Ziskie 2 defences

-def Azor Portela Nunes via Submission 4:02 Rd.1

-def Luiz Machado via TKO 0:26 Rd. 1

XCC LW: Lazaro Campos def Nicholas Bretton via KO 2:03 Rd. 4

XCC HW: Mason Archer def Spencer Rubenstein via U Dec. 5:00 Rd. 5

XCC Interim HW: Adrian Pascal def Titus Mostel via TKO 1:15 Rd. 1

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raul hughes got a big knock out win over Foster in the first round to take the title early on. Hughes has already beaten Boyer to defend, and I'm building Foster back up again for a big rematch a few months down the line.

Morrison, Regeiro and Napier are all still champs, and Watson beat Asanovic for the LHW title recently.

Playing with SIGMA, pretty much the same but Jim Carpenter has won (I think) the middleweight belt (whichever one he starts in the division for).

Cabal should have lost the Heavyweight belt to the undefeated Finnish guy but I forgot to put the title on the line :mad:

Just using GAMMA for a bit as a test run then going to start new at one of the smaller places. Only have one new champion.

GAMMA Middleweight: Buddy Garner (defeated Neil Napier with a 2nd round triangle). Funny having a champion that isn't ranked and doesn't have a name.

Using XCC that I heavily expanded in my quest to keep the promotion alive before the Popularity Adjustment patch.

Women: Karen Curtis (2nd Reign)

- Outside of a short run by Tara O'Brien, Karen Curtis has dominated my Woman's division, which along with the Lightweight division is a red headed stepchild with no draws. Karen's a close as they get, now at Low National.

Featherweight: Li Kong-Ho (1st Reign)

- Cost a bunch of money, but he's turned out to be worth it. Currently 25-0, with all his victories in XCC good to fantastic. Beat Phillip Ziskie like he was nothing in the second round. Has to defend against Dominic Ash though, who could very well beat him.

Lightweight: Procopio "Porco" Golias (1st Reign)

- Beat the black hole of suck Nicolas Bretton for the belt. Golias is not known at all in the US, and due to how bad the Lightweight division is, he can't draw at all. With the new patch, and TV, it's become my mission to get Porco over. In his last defense, he crushed Go Yamamoto, further proving that he's an elite. He's facing the 6-1 Elvis Millisis, who I believe that Porco will steamroll. We'll see.

Middleweight: Stuart Strange (1st Reign)

- God Bless GAMMA. And their inability to compete with my insane offers. Strange came over when Matthew Dean, Maarten De Vries, and others did. Until the patch, they were my only draws. I can't really judge Stuart's abilities because I've only used him against a select few fighters.

Heavyweight: Sylvester Collins (1st Reign)

- Probably the biggest upset in XCC history when Collins knocked out Steve Mason for the title. Collins (along with Porco and Kong-Ho) is High Level Regional, but he's about to break through to national. At 7-1, it's hard to gauge where he'll go, but beating Steve Mason was pretty big for him.

I only just started a game with GAMMA, and I'm up to mid-March 1999. I've had two title fights, and the title changed hands both times. Asanovic lost the Light Heavyweight title to, of all people, John Ribero, while Raul Hughes knocked out James Foster. I've had Hughes fight Foster twice now, in different games, and, both times, Hughes has knocked him out. Regueiro, Morrison and Napier are still champions, but they have title fights coming up, and, considering how the other champions have faired, I fear for their titles. :p

Using XCC that I heavily expanded in my quest to keep the promotion alive before the Popularity Adjustment patch.

Women: Karen Curtis (2nd Reign)

- Outside of a short run by Tara O'Brien, Karen Curtis has dominated my Woman's division, which along with the Lightweight division is a red headed stepchild with no draws. Karen's a close as they get, now at Low National.

Featherweight: Li Kong-Ho (1st Reign)

- Cost a bunch of money, but he's turned out to be worth it. Currently 25-0, with all his victories in XCC good to fantastic. Beat Phillip Ziskie like he was nothing in the second round. Has to defend against Dominic Ash though, who could very well beat him.

Lightweight: Procopio "Porco" Golias (1st Reign)

- Beat the black hole of suck Nicolas Bretton for the belt. Golias is not known at all in the US, and due to how bad the Lightweight division is, he can't draw at all. With the new patch, and TV, it's become my mission to get Porco over. In his last defense, he crushed Go Yamamoto, further proving that he's an elite. He's facing the 6-1 Elvis Millisis, who I believe that Porco will steamroll. We'll see.

Middleweight: Stuart Strange (1st Reign)

- God Bless GAMMA. And their inability to compete with my insane offers. Strange came over when Matthew Dean, Maarten De Vries, and others did. Until the patch, they were my only draws. I can't really judge Stuart's abilities because I've only used him against a select few fighters.

Heavyweight: Sylvester Collins (1st Reign)

- Probably the biggest upset in XCC history when Collins knocked out Steve Mason for the title. Collins (along with Porco and Kong-Ho) is High Level Regional, but he's about to break through to national. At 7-1, it's hard to gauge where he'll go, but beating Steve Mason was pretty big for him.

Man, you dont want Strange, he will bore your company down to the ground.

I only just started a game with GAMMA, and I'm up to mid-March 1999. I've had two title fights, and the title changed hands both times. Asanovic lost the Light Heavyweight title to, of all people, John Ribero, while Raul Hughes knocked out James Foster. I've had Hughes fight Foster twice now, in different games, and, both times, Hughes has knocked him out. Regueiro, Morrison and Napier are still champions, but they have title fights coming up, and, considering how the other champions have faired, I fear for their titles. :p

Hehe, my first two title matches were similar, Hughes vs Foster and Asanovic vs Watson, and on both the champions lost.

Wind the clock forward two years, and the belt went from Watson to letoussier back to Asanovic, and Foster beat Hughes in the rematch. None of my other champions have lost yet. If Foster hadn't left the company, I'd have the exact same champions now as at the start. :D

Hehe, my first two title matches were similar, Hughes vs Foster and Asanovic vs Watson, and on both the champions lost.

Wind the clock forward two years, and the belt went from Watson to letoussier back to Asanovic, and Foster beat Hughes in the rematch. None of my other champions have lost yet. If Foster hadn't left the company, I'd have the exact same champions now as at the start. :D

First off, I just now noticed that I misspelled "fared". I must be tired. :eek:

Watson is a beast, so I can understand Watson beating Asanovic, but I love how Asanovic and Foster got the titles back, and I also love how Foster decided to leave GAMMA. Just like real life. :p

XCC December 2003

Women Champion: Karen "The Demon" Curtis

16-2 (11-1 in XCC)

Seven Successful Defenses

Top Contender: "Deadly T." Thea Higgins (15-1-1)

Karen Curtis has absolutely dominated the woman's division from the very beginning. Outside of one loss to Tara "The Heat" O'Brien, she has never tasted defeat. Thea Higgins has been one of Curtis's main rivals since day one. A contract dispute kept the two from meeting at peak form for well over a year, but now Higgins has returned to XCC and the two look destined to clash once again. They fought once before in 2001, where Karen Curtis scored the win by submission.

Featherweight Champion: "Little Dragon" Li-Kong Ho

29-0-0 (9-0-0 in XCC)

Five Successful Defenses

Top Contender: Louie "The Featherweight Phenom" Sullivan (8-2-0)

Li-Kong Ho rivals Karen Curtis for division domination. In Curtis's case, she still has Higgins. In Ho's case, he has no one. Two crushing defeats of Phillip Ziskie have made the face of the Featherweights a non factor. Victories over Ang Dong, Dominic Ash, Luiz Machado, Sammy Gaffigan and Ivan Bokhour have made it so the 8-2 Sullivan is the only name left. Sullivan is peaking in form, but it would seem has virtually no hope of dethroning Ho...

Lightweight Champion: Bosco "Bad Attitude" Curbeam

8-0-0 (8-0-0 in XCC)

No Successful Defenses

Top Contender: Atep of Indonesia (14-2-0)

Fate has an odd way of working. Bosco Curbeam is the most popular fighter in XCC, but he wasn't slated to be Lightweight champion. His teammate Sean Morrison was Lightweight champion, and the two refused to fight. However, Morrison suddenly left XCC vacating the Lightweight championship. Curbeam found himself in a title decision fight, and beat Benny "The Jet" Danare to win the championship. However, there is a clear challenger who is waiting for his shot, Atep of Indonesia who had not yet tasted defeat in XCC with four straight victories under his belt. If anyone has the style to stop Curbeam it may be Atep.

Middleweight Champion: "The Anarchist" Matthew Dean

39-5-0 (6-0-0 in XCC)

One Successful Defense

Top Contender: Adam "Hollywood" White (16-1-0)

Matthew Dean was one of the star fighters who made the journey from GAMMA to XCC all around the same time. It took Dean time to distance himself from the pack, but he eventually did, winning the Middleweight championship. Adam White didn't make the exodus when the others did, but he wasn't far behind. White has won four fights in a row in XCC, including giving Zvonimir Asanovic a crushing decision loss in a title contendership fight. These two will meet up, and only time will tell who will emerge victorious.

Heavyweight Champion: "Grande Urso" Murilo Satinho

9-0-0 (8-0-0 in XCC)

No Successful Defenses

Top Contender: "The Merchant of Menace" Mason Archer (6-0-0)

Murilo Satinho has emerged like a lightning bolt to strike from the heavens. Satinho has crushed everyone in his path since entering XCC, and has become the second most popular fighter in XCC. However, Mason Archer has followed the same career path as Satinho and looks poised to face off for the title. Sylvester Collins will be looking for a return fight against Satinho. However, there is a large amount of fighters in the Heavyweight division that with a little exposure could be contenders. Guy Broom, Nate MacReary, Renato, Steve Mason, and Wilson Franklyn. There is also a demon on the outskirts of the division, just signed. 13-1-0, the "Great Bear" Aleksander Ivanov...

with Q-Cage, upto Jan 2002

Womens Lightweight

Current: Katherine Williams (5-0 in Q-Cage) 2 Defences

Old: Nina Belle (10-2) 5 Defences

Belle dominated early in the game till i signed Williams who beat her by submission in the first round.

Womens Middleweight

Current: Mizuki Watanabe (2-0) 0 Defences

Old: April Watson (3-2) 0 Defences

Old: Tabitha Cameron (9-3) 4 Defences

Old: Trish Biel (8-3) 0 Defences

Womens Heavyweight

Current: Rachel McGuiness (3-0) 0 Defences

Old: Temperance McCoy (10-1) 6 Defences

McCoy won the title in my Heavyweight Tournament at the start of the game and went on to a 10-0 record including a TKO victory over Curtis before beaing easily beaten by new signing McGuiness by TKO 1:22 into the first round.

Mens Middleweight

Current: Philip Ziskie (1-0) 0 Defences

Old: Bruce Steven (1-1) 0 Defences

XCC June 2001

Heavyweight (198-600) -- Spencer "The Reaper" Rubenstein 13-2 (x2) beat Rav Kapur for title. 1 defence over Adrian Pascal

Lightweight (146-155) -- Manuel "The Prodigy" Silva 8-0 beat Elvis Millissis for title, 1 defence over HM Menzel.

Featherweight (136-144) -- Luiz "The Tarantula" Machado 32-7-2. Won 4-man tourny over Manish Khan & Sammy Gafigan. No defences yet.

Interim Heavyweight -- vacant due to draw between Adrenik Paletilolu and Wilson Franklyn.

GAMMA May 2000

LW: Li-Kong Ho (Just won it in a superfight against Sean Morrison)

WW: Julio Reguerio (Has been killing everybody- Humpryes, Blood, Stiles, Kendall

MW: Matthew Dean (Subbed Neil Napier)

LHW: Zvonimir Asanovc (Has defended against Ballard, Watson, and Rivero)

HW: James Foster (Lost to Raul Hughes, defeated a few, and avenged his loss by killing Hughes in the rematch).

Next title defenses:

LW: Li-Kong Ho vs. Atep of Indonesia

WW: Julio Reguerio vs. Either a rematch against Blood or a superfight with the LW champ.

MW: Matthew Dean vs. Buddy Garner

LHW: Zvonimir Asanovic vs. Possibly Chekhov

HW: James Foster vs. either Jeff Carlton or Ivanov

I started the game as Tap Out Promotions, relocating them to America in the editor. Currently at the start of 2001 and 3rd ranked promotion in the world.

Lightweight - Phillip Ziskie (I extended the division down to 145lbs so I could hire him) He's been the champion from the very first show - 3 defences

Welterweight - Heikichi Shimizu, also my first and only welterweight champion - 3 defences

Middleweight - Matthew Dean, won the title from Zaco - 1 defence

Light Heavyweight - Ken Peters, won from Nicolai Mickiewicz - 1 defence

Heavyweight - Tim Boyer, won from Gunnar Nilsson. Boyer is my 4th heavyweight champion

As of May 2003

WEFF Lightweight Champion: Gianna Russo (9-1)

Russo won by absolute fluke over Thea Higgins' first defense in February of this year. Overall the belt seems to be cursed as only Pamela O'Neill was able to successfully defend it in the 4+ years that I've been running this WEFF game.

WEFF Middleweight Champion: Alyson Arroway (13-0)

Arroway is both the top pound-for-pound women's fighter in the world, and the most famous. She's had 2 successful defenses after winning the belt from Romi Takahashi in July 2002. Previously Layla Holmes had the most successful run with 3 defenses before falling to Takahashi in an upset.

WEFF Heavyweight Champion: Trish Biel (13-0)

Biel is an absolute monster, but she won't fight the only person close to her in the division (Sablikova) because they're a part of the same Team. She's had 4 successful defenses since winning the belt in April 2001 from Sarah Vaughn, who defended it 6 times. Vaughn and Biel are the only 2 to hold this title.

As of September 2000 playing as SIGMA.

Lightweight: Fiyero Lermontov: Stands undefeated at 12-0, when i found my weight division running a little thin i chopped the Featherweight division and merged the talent into whatever weight class i could. Manish Khan was the Featherweight Champion when the division came to an end and got an immediate shot at Lermontov, Fiyero won the bout to reign as the supreme Lightweight.

Welterweight: Marco Bernacci: Kenneth Toadspew was an animal in my Welterweight division rarely letting an opponent escape an opening round tap out, without looking at his stats i sent Marco up against Kenneth thinking it would be a cake walk for the champ, a second round KO proved me wrong.

Middleweight: Nicolai Mickiewicz: As one of my most dominant Light Heavyweights Nicolai was going nowhere as he refused to fight then champion Thorbjorn Rekdal due to being in the same training camp. Mickiewicz was dropped to the Middleweight division and defeated a very dominant Fernando Amaro in possibly my worst main event match to date.

Light Heavyweight: Niko Soldo: The reigning and undefeated champion took the Title from Thorbjorn Rekdal in dominating fashion, blasting the now former champion with knees to the face for the better part of a 10 minute round.

Heavyweight: Aleksander Ivanov: While Terron Cabal was destroying contenders left and right Ivanov had a slow rise through the division until standing as one of the few remaining challengers to the Heavyweight crown. Ivanov schooled Terron in wrestling 101 before securing a rear naked choke for the tap out win in under a minute, Terron was given a rematch due to a lack a main event names and was TKO'd by Ivanov in the opening seconds of round 2.

GAMMA Heavyweight Champion - James Foster (5 Defenses)

1st Defense - Defeated Raul Hughes (Submission @ R1 - 4:40) - Excellent

2nd Defense - Defeated Tony McCall (TKO @ R1 - 1:46) - Great

3rd Defense - Defeated Gunnar Nilsson (Submission @ R3 - 4:59) - Good

4th Defense - Defeated Khru Duangjan (Submission @ R2 - 4:52) - Great

5th Defense - Defeated Tim Boyer (TKO @ R1 - 3:37) - Great

Notes: Nilsson couldn't last one more second to be saved by the bell. I was surprised, I am sure if this was real life, he would've been disappointed he couldn't last one more second. Foster is tearing up the Heavyweight division. Right now he's set to face Grzegorz Boniek who won a tournament for a title shot, while Raul Hughes is on a tear since he lost along with bringing in Lefter Oktay, Armen Sarkisan, and Hiro Arai to compete in the division. I'm also building up Rav Kapur, Souleymane Ya Konan; and I have Renato and Kanezane Fuji developing in the BCF. Also Hassan Fezzik is set to be a free agent in two months and I'll be pursuing him soon.

GAMMA Light-Heavyweight Champion - John Rivero (1 Defense)

1st Defense - Defeated Linfield Ballard (Submission @ R5 -2:31) - Good

Notes: Rivero was getting his tail kicked by Ballard until Ballard gassed on the top of the mount and swept over and hooked in the armbar. Rivero beat Asonovic in the 2nd round for the title via submission. Rivero will be facing Mike Watson next or Ken Peters. The division isn't that exciting since the competitors haven't built up enough momentum as of right now.

GAMMA Middleweight Champion - JJ Reid (0 Defenses)

- Won the title from Buddy Garner (Submission @ R5 - 3:44) Good

Notes: This division is all over the place. I can't stand Matthew Dean, but he keeps winning and putting himself back into contention. JJ Reid will be facing Neil Napier next as he's built a reputable contendership with defeating Ashley Ballard or Leonard De Costa. Not sure yet.

GAMMA Welterweight Champion - Julio Regueiro (5 Defenses)

1st Defense - Defeated Jack Humphreys (Submission @ R1 - 3:08) - Great

2nd Defense - Defeated Darin Blood (Submission @ R3 - 4:16) - Fantastic

3rd Defense - Defeated Charles Stiles (Submission @ R4 - 3:56) - Average

4th Defense - Defeated Jim Carpenter (Submission @ R1 - 2:23) - Fantastic

Notes: Julio Regueiro is dominating the division, no doubt about it. Jack Humphreys has built up a steady contendership with defeating Doug Hansen, Dan Halvorsen (retirement match) and Joe Hinchcliffe, so he'll be getting the next title shot. I've brought in Ricardo Fernandes (who lost his debut to Doug Hansen) and Albert Basora (who lost to Jim Carpenter), but this division is clearly top heavy as Humphreys and Regueiro are dominating.

GAMMA Lightweight Champion - Sean Morrison (9 Defenses)

1st Defense - Defeated Bruce Steven (Submission @ R3 - 4:19) - Decent

2nd Defense - Defeated Bud Brocket (TKO @ R1 - 3:31) - Great

3rd Defense - Defeated Beau Gorshin (TKO @ R1 - 3:31) - Great

4th Defense - Defeated Helio (TKO @ R1 - 4:55) - Fantastic

Notes: Sean Morrison is dominating his division too, but I've built up Heikchi Schimizu as his next opponent. Also brought in Li-Kong Ho, Sukarno, and Fumiaki Hayashi to face Morrison soon. This division is the most exciting outside of the Heavyweight right now.

Nilsson couldn't last one more second to be saved by the bell. I was surprised, I am sure if this was real life, he would've been disappointed he couldn't last one more second.

That doesn't take into account when the submission was applied. Every fighter has a certain tolerance to pain, it may be that he survived quite a long time as it is. For example, you might ask why couldn't he last one more second, but what if he was in that hold for 20 seconds already? Or 30 Seconds? Or longer? One second longer, in that context, sounds a lot, as eventually he has to tap regardless of how little time is left.

XCC June 2001

Heavyweight (198-600) -- Spencer "The Reaper" Rubenstein 13-2 (x2) beat Rav Kapur for title. 1 defence over Adrian Pascal

Lightweight (146-155) -- Manuel "The Prodigy" Silva 8-0 beat Elvis Millissis for title, 1 defence over HM Menzel.

Featherweight (136-144) -- Luiz "The Tarantula" Machado 32-7-2. Won 4-man tourny over Manish Khan & Sammy Gafigan. No defences yet.

Interim Heavyweight -- vacant due to draw between Adrenik Paletilolu and Wilson Franklyn.

what about 157-196?

That doesn't take into account when the submission was applied. Every fighter has a certain tolerance to pain, it may be that he survived quite a long time as it is. For example, you might ask why couldn't he last one more second, but what if he was in that hold for 20 seconds already? Or 30 Seconds? Or longer? One second longer, in that context, sounds a lot, as eventually he has to tap regardless of how little time is left.

Oh, I totally understand why he tapped out. He was on a two-three month medical suspension, then he came back and was ready to fight. He then reinjured his neck during training and was out for 6 months. Now, with 1 month left from recovery, he has declared retirement due and I look at his status and he has two major neck injuries and one of them probably occurred when he was put in the rear-naked choke by Foster. So yeah, he absolutely had to tap out as it ended his career basically.

Still, I am sure that one second would haunt his career for the rest of his life if he was a real-life MMA star.

Oh, I totally understand why he tapped out. He was on a two-three month medical suspension, then he came back and was ready to fight. He then reinjured his neck during training and was out for 6 months. Now, with 1 month left from recovery, he has declared retirement due and I look at his status and he has two major neck injuries and one of them probably occurred when he was put in the rear-naked choke by Foster. So yeah, he absolutely had to tap out as it ended his career basically.

Still, I am sure that one second would haunt his career for the rest of his life if he was a real-life MMA star.

I'd just like to point out the amusement value of him having a career neding injury... and yet if he'd ltoughed it out 1 second longer he'd have no regrets for the rest of his now ended career. :p

Archived