I'd just like to point out the amusement value of him having a career neding injury... and yet if he'd ltoughed it out 1 second longer he'd have no regrets for the rest of his now ended career. :p

Oh, he reinjured his back in training, so it's his own fault for his recklessness. But Foster sure didn't help with dominating him on the ground.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jan. 2000

GAMMA

Lightweight: Sean Morrison (7 defenses, 2 made since the game started)

Welterweight: Julio Regueiro (2 defenses, 1 made since the game started)

Middleweight: Buddy Garner (0 defenses, won from Napier on his second attempted defense)

Light Heavyweight: John Rivero (0 defenses, won from Asanovic on his second defense)

Heavyweight: James Fosters (2 defenses, serving a 1-year suspension)

Interim Heavyweight: Raul Hughes (beat Tim Boyer, needed this so I could have a belt while Foster serves his suspension)

As XCC:

XCC Featherweight Champion: Dominic "The Smash" Ash

Well, I had to let go Phillip Ziskie because SIGMA offered him a lot of money and that was early on in the game, so there was no way I could have retained him. Ash won the tournament for the vacant belt over Norberto and has been undefeated since. Best of all, he is great for headlining my TV show and has defended the belt in both episodes, both knock out wins, one over Darren Southall and the other over Branco before he was stolen too.

XCC Lightweight Champion: Helio

He took out Nicholas Bretton, who was 8-0 in my game. No defenses so far.

XCC Women's Champion: Katherine "The Great" Williams

She is a beast! Samantha Sachs was the undefeated champion and Katherine took her out twice! She also ended the undefeated runs of Layla Holmes and Louis Nevada (a regen based on Louise Griffin) and has defeated April Watson, Michelle Adams and Allison Beattie twice each.

XCC Light Heavyweight Champion: Ikku Funaki

Yes, I created a new division. Funaki won the 8-man tournament with wins over Phill Ball, Vicent Chapin and Christopher Sharp. No defenses so far.

As of July 2000 GAMMA's Champions are as follows:

Lightweight - Sean Morrison - 8 defenses - 3 in game - Bruce Steven, Beau Goshin, Tarcisio Dantas - next defense - Bruce Steven x2

Welterweight - Darin Blood - defeated Julio Regueiro - 1 defense - David Allen - next defense - Alan Kendall

Middleweight - Neil Napier - 3 defenses - Matthew Dean, JJ Reid, Stuart Strange - next defense - Buddy Garner

Light Heavyweight - Zvonimir Asanovic - 4 defenses - 3 in game - Mike Watson, John Rivero, Linfield Ballard - next defense - Ken Peters

Heavyweight - Raul Hughes - defeated James Foster - 2 defenses - Tony McCall, Kurt McDonald - next defense - James Foster x2

As of January 2001

GAMMA

LW: Li-Kong Ho (Defeated Morrison for the title, defended it against Atep of Indonesia and Fiyero Lermentov (SP)

WW: Julio Reguerio - Defended against Humphreys, Stiles, Blood (x2), Kendall

MW: Matthew Dean - Beat Napier for the title, defended it agaisnt Buddy Garner

LHW: Zvonimir Asanovic defended against Ballard, Watson, Rivero,

HW: Aleksander Ivanov (Just beat James Foster on my Dec. 31 2000 event)

With created company Ring of Fire Championship Fighting (yeah, I know, real original :p) in March 2000...

Lightweight Champion (125-155): Bud Brockett (signed over six months ago, won the title immediately upon coming into the company against Georges Nouri, and defended his title in a GREAT fight with Dominic Ash)

Welterweight Champion: Manuel Silva (won the title from Mills Mullally in a pretty poor fight, but he defended in a much better fight with Diego Arteta)

Middleweight Champion: Bill Brown (just won the title last week from Marlon John)

Light Heavyweight Champion: Hyuk-Shik Lim (won the title in a fantastic unanimous decision fight over William Harrison)

Heavyweight Champion: Sylvester Collins (the only man to hold a RoF title twice, he lost it to Khru Duangjan, only to regain it in January in the greatest fight RoF has seen to this point, GnP'ing his way to a victory in the fifth round)

Elite XC , yes i've risen it from the grave back to something special...

EliteXC Womens: Gina Carano

She actually lost the belt to Satako Shinashi but Shinashi was injured for 10 months so she was forced to vacate the title so I gave it back to Gina Carano. Once Shinashi comes back from injury she'll get the first shot and there will be a tournament for the number two contender spot.

EliteXC Lightweight: Zac George

He has a match against Shinya Aoki soon so I really doubt he'll be able to hold on to this title for very long.

EliteXC Welterweight: George St. Pierre

UFC for some reason didn't renew his contract so I was all over that. GSP crushed the Jake Shield who was the current Welterweight champ at the time.

EliteXC Middleweight: Ely Paulo Filho

He came into EXC a little into the year and beat Ninja Murilo Rua by decision. I think the results were cheap and Ninja got screwed but there will be rematch in the future.

EliteXC Light Heavyweight: Renato "Babalu" Sobrai

EliteXC Heavyweight: Fedor "The Last Emperor"

For those who are wondering... Affliction pretty much went into the tank so I jumped on their fighters and signed the ones I wanted to an exclusive deal.

<p>I'm in February of 2000 with GAMMA.</p><p> </p><p>

LW: <strong>Sean Morrison</strong> - Ran through Bruce Steven and Bud Brockett. I signed Sammy Gaffigan and have worked him into a place next in line. Also working Atep of Indonesia up the ladder.</p><p> </p><p>

WW: <strong>Julio Regeiro</strong> - Also dominating his class. First round subs of Humphreys, Stiles and Blood. Not even sure where to go next with him, most likely a rematch with Humphreys who seems far above every other contender.</p><p> </p><p>

MW: <strong>Matthew Dean</strong> - Won the title off of Napier and has since beaten Da Costa and Fuller. Stuart Strange should get the next shot, but won't fight Dean. Buddy Garner and J.J. Reid are both in line for a shot right now. De Vries isn't far off either. This is probabaly my most competitive division.</p><p> </p><p>

LHW: <strong>Mike Watson</strong>- Beat Asanovic to win the title and has successfully defended against Le Toussier and Herringbone. John Rivero is next followed likely by Ricky Heath or a rematch with Asanovic.</p><p> </p><p>

HW: <strong>James Foster</strong> - Beat Raul Hughes, Tony McCall and Rick Stanley. Hughes is injured right now so I'm struggling to find a top contender. Tank Manu'a keeps winning so maybe him. Sylvester Collins and Wilson Franklyn are both undefeated, but I'd like to get them a little more work before throwing them to Foster.</p>

<p>My Champs in GAMMA in January 2000</p><p> </p><p>

GAMMA Lightweight</p><p>

Sean Morrison 4 Defenses has beat Steven, Brockett, Gorshin, & Gray just beat Steven and is recovering not sure where to go next but prob Li-Hong Kim who I just brought in if he beats Gorshin or if Gorshin wins maybe a rematch</p><p> </p><p>

GAMMA Welterweight</p><p>

Julio Regueiro 3 Defenses has beat David Allen, Alan Kendal, & Josh Aldarsio and is cuerently recovering for 4 months next he will prob face Humppherys, Stiles or Darin Blood </p><p> </p><p>

GAMMA Middleweight</p><p>

Neil Nappier 2 Defenses so far has beat Matthew Dean in the Match of the Year for 1999 and beat JJ Reid he is taking on Buddy Garner at my next show and after that not sure buts looks like Dean or White will get the next shoot at who ever is champ</p><p> </p><p>

GAMMA Light Heavyweight</p><p>

Mike Watson Beat Asanovic and has made one defense beat Derk South he will prob take on Asanovic in a rematch or Linfeild Ballard or Curt Kitson who I just brought in from BCF</p><p> </p><p>

GAMMA Heavyweight</p><p>

James Foster 3 Defense beat Houghs, Boyer, & McCall all pretty easily next he is taking on Norbert Vinkus who has been on a tear in my game lately and after that I think maybe a rematch with Houghs or Steve Mason who I just brought in who just beat Tim Boyer in his debut.</p><p> </p><p>

GAMMA Woman's</p><p>

Giana Dixon who just beat Trish Bell for the title next will be Layla Holmes I just started a woman's division cause I like woman's MMA and it has been going pretty good so far only a couple months into it but it has catched on</p>

I converted ToS10 over to WMMA2 and tweaked a bit. Got tired of running the UFC and edited out my own creation called OOMMA(Olympics of Mixed Martial Arts)

I have 5 weight classes, the ones the UFC currently use. I'm completely in the dark when it comes to Bantamweight and Flyweight, and I didn't find that there was enough talent in the game to really effectively throw Featherweight into the mix... I do plan to sign Miguel Torres, Norifuji Yamamoto, and Urijah Faber to lightweight contracts though XD

Currently in January 2011

Heavyweight: "The Last Emperor" Fedor Emelianenko

-He was the favorite to win the tournament for the title but somehow gassed in the second round and found himself guillotined by Nogueira. Nogueira went on to lose in the finals to Randy Couture. Couture defended the belt against Fabricio Werdum who came over from DREAM when they collapsed. Fedor posted two dominating wins over Ben Rothwell and Frank Mir before getting a crack at Couture. Fedor smashed Randy in under three minutes with his signature ground and pound. Since then he has defended once against "The Babyface Assassin" Josh Barnett, whom he stopped with an Armbar in the first round.

Light Heavyweight: Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

-Like Fedor, he was the favorite to win his tournament for the title, however, he drew the Machida card and lost a unanimous decision in the second round. Wanderlei Silva went on to win the tournament, destroying all of his opponents with devastating clinch work. On the comeback Rampage posted TKO against Luis Cane and Mauricio Shogun Rua. Rampage ended Wanderlei's 5 fight win streak with a devastating one punch KO in the middle of the first round.

Middleweight: Michael "The Count" Bisping

-Anderson Silva, as many expected, won the middleweight title tournament. Bisping wasn't entered into the fray because at the time he wasn't a top 8 in the weight class. Before his title shot he managed to vanquish Melvin Manhoef, Rich Franklin, and Demian Maia(#1 contender's fight). In a fight that won honors of 2010 Fight of the Year, Main Event of the Year, and Submission of the Year, Bisping was able to dethrone Silva with a second effort Armbar at the end of the first round. During the fight Bisping had been knocked from his feet twice, and Silva threatened both times to end the fight from the mat. During a scramble Bisping was able to gain control of the grapple and sink an armbar after Silva gave up his back.

Middleweight: Jon Fitch

-Fitch won the Welterweight title tournament, upsetting GSP by submission in the finals. Since then he has defended once, defeating Thiago Alves by TKO. He has a rematch with GSP coming up, whom has been on a warpath since the defeat.

Lightweight: "The Prodigy" BJ Penn

-BJ Penn won the Lightweight title tournament, beating Kenny "Ken Flo" Florian in the finals. Since then he's beaten #1 contender Diego Sanchez, and is slated to face the winner of a Gilbert Melendez/Takanori Gomi fight for his second defense.

Continuing my TAPOUT game now in July 2003:

Lightweight Champion - Fiyero Lermontov - won from Seam Morrison (0 defences)

Welterweight Champion - Julio Regueiro - won from Heikichi Shimizu (2 defences)

Middleweight Champion - Jonathan Huang - won from Danny Akabaro (0 defences)

Light Heavyweight Champion - Ken Peters - won from Nicolai Mickiewicz (6 defences)

Heavyweight Champion - Armen Sarkisian - won from Tim Boyer (4 defences)

Sigma: June 2002.

Lightweight: Li-Kong Ho.

-Ho ended Lermontov's reign of terror in by submission in March of 2002, Lermontov managed 4 successful Title defenses during his reign. I was expecting a war between Ho and Lermontov, instead i got a fast match where Fiyero shot in and scored a take down only to be caught in a guilotine choke at the same time, here's hoping the rematch between the two down the road will be a little more eventful.

Welterweight: Jake Keane.

-After losing the Lightweight Title to Lermontov at the start of the game i moved Keane up to the Welterweight division where he is the reigning king suffering no defeats since stepping up in weight. Keane took the title from Marco Bernacci who, like everyone else before him, didn't manage to get a successful Title defense, Keane however has managed 3 defenses during his reign first Heiko Pander, then Carlos de Guia and finally Paulo Roberto Bezerra.

Middleweight: Kramer Mayweather.

-Billy Russell pulled a major upset when he defeated Nicolai Mickiewicz to win the title but was made a flash in the pan Champion when defeated by Kramer 5 months later on his first defense. Kramer is hoping to avoid Russell's poor showing as he puts up his first Title defense against Heath Kaladaris at the end of June.

Light-Heavyweight: William Harrison.

-Harrison managed to stop an in form Niko Soldo in May of 2002 by TKO in the opening round. Both fighters went into the match undefeated, now Harrison stands as the only undefeated Light-Heavyweight in the company.

Heavyweight: Lefter Oktay.

-Bouncing back from a devestating 40sec. KO at the hands of Terron Cabal, Lefter has been on a rampage score 7 straight victories, including a Title victory over Aleksander Ivanov in April of 2001, followed by successful defenses against Mugur Boc and Sylvester Collins.

XCC: September 2000

Women: Karen Curtis

Has run right over everybody; I brought in Layla Holmes and Trish Biel to challenge her, but she took them down without much trouble. I'm currently trying to get some fighters from WEFF or KDM FC to challenge her next.

Featherweight: Phillip Ziskie

Again, ran over everyone. Trying to get Li-Kong Ho, but he's not cooperating.

Lightweight: Brandon Sugar

The latest in a string of champions; my previous 5 champions lost the belt on their first defense.

Welterweight: Esteban Vega

I just expanded to include the Welterweights, and Vega won the inaugural tournament, knocking all three of his opponents out in the first round.

GAMMA January 2001

Featherweight: Li-Kong Ho (24-0, 3-0 GAMMA)

-Won the title in a tournament with wins over Ivan Bokhour and Stefan Champion. Has made a successful title defense against Luke Hilton.

-No clear challengers for his belt, as Ziskie is tied up with XCC. Likely will defend the belt next against Jason Dalglish, provided that Dalglish wins a couple of matches to gain some US popularity.

Lightweight: Sean Morrison (31-3, 19-1 GAMMA)

-Has defended the belt 5 times in the game (Bruce Steven, Bud Brocket, Beau Gorshin, Norberto, and Atep of Indonesia).

-Has a number of challengers in GAMMA down the pipe, including: Fiyero Lermontov (11-0), Helio (25-2), Benny Danare (11-0), and Tarcisio Dantas (9-0).

Welterweight: Julio Reguerio (18-0-1, 11-0 GAMMA)

-Has defended the belt 4 times (Charles Stiles, Alan Kendall, Darin Blood, Jack Humphreys)

-His next challenger will be Kafa Bunya (14-0), provided that he can get another win to boost his popularity. Potential future challengers in GAMMA include: Ricardo Fernandes (36-6), David Allen (18-2), Claudio Palacios (25-8), Josh Aldarisio (5-0), and Callum Henson (21-8).

Middleweight: Matthew Dean (35-9, 9-1 GAMMA)

-Won the belt from Buddy Garner in 2000, madea successful defense against Maarten De Vries.

-Unfortunately, the division suffers from a lack of popularity atm. The next logical challengers are Neil Napier (17-1) and Stuart Strange (14-2), although neither of those matches are super appealing to me. Alex Cole is also coming up (14-0) and a match with Patrick Thomas (13-3) is not out of the question.

Light Heavyweight: Zvonimir Asanovic (19-2, 13-1 GAMMA)

-Won the belt back from John Rivero in 2000. Has not defended it since then.

-Given that Asanovic and Rivero are 1 and 1, I'd like to setup a rubber match, but I need to give Rivero an easy rebound win first. In the meanwhile, Asanovic will likely defend against LeToussier (16-4) or Mark Cohen (35-8-1).

Heavyweight: James Foster (36-4-1, 19-2 GAMMA)

-Foster was suspended in 1999 for a year for drugs. In the meanwhile, Raul Hughes won the Interim Belt. Foster came back, defended against Fatuma Roy, then beat Hughes to unify the title.

-Foster will defend the title against Hassan Fezzik (30-0) at the GAMMA event in January of 2001. Waiting in the on deck cirle: Terron Cabal (17-0). Also still around and viable: Raul Hughes and Tim Boyer. Leon Banks (35-8) and Marvin Stevens (24-10) might also make decent stopgap opponents and Wilson Franlyn (7-0) is working his way up.

• 2 weeks later...

XCC - April 2005

XCC Women: Karen Curtis (2nd Reign) - Won November 1999 - Nine Defenses

Top Contender: April Watson - Four Fight Winstreak

XCC Featherweight: Li-Kong Ho - Won July 2001 - Nine Defenses

Top Contender: Nuno Valentino - Thirteen Fight Winstreak

XCC Lightweight: Bosco Cubeam (2nd Reign) - Won April 2005 - No Defenses

Top Contender: Benny Danare - Four Fight Winstreak

XCC Middleweight: Neil Napier - Won December 2004 - No Defenses

Top Contender: Hyun-Shik Lim - Seventeen Fight Winstreak

XCC Heavyweight: Murilo Satinho - Won November 2003 - Three Defenses

Top Contender: Rav Kapur - Six Fight Winstreak

February 2002-

GAMMA Heavyweight: Raul Hughes

- Beat Wilson Franklyn for the Vacant Title in March 2001 after James Foster left for ALPHA-1.

- Defended 2x, Tim Boyer and John Rivero.

- Next Opponent will be recently signed Armen Sarksian provided he beats Boyer in this month's semi-main.

GAMMA Light Heavyweight: Ken Peters

- Beat Anthony LeToussier in January 2001.

- Defended 2x, Kendall Tracy and LeToussier.

- Next Opponent TBD. Asanovic, William Harrison, and Alex Cole are all in the mix.

GAMMA Middleweight: Neil Napier (2)

- Beat Ashley Ballard for the Vacant Title in March 2001 after Buddy Garner left for ALPHA-1.

- Yet to defend.

- Will defend in this month's Main Event vs. Matthew Dean.

GAMMA Welterweight: Julio Reguiero (2).

- Beat Charles Stiles in December 2001.

- Yet to Defend.

- Next Opponent TBD. JJ Reid & Josh Aldarisio are the top 2 contenders.

GAMMA Lightweight: Li-Kong Ho

- Beat Sean Morrison in April 2001.

- Defended 1x, Atep of Indonesia.

- Next Opponent will be Sean Morrison in next month's Main Event.

I'm playing as WEFF in end 2004.

Lightweight champ is Leslie Myers. A 2 time champion, and with a total of 5 defenses. She has a 16-1-1 record, suffering a loss against Temperance McCoy who she lost her title to (kinda unexpected). Top women in the division are Pamela O'Neill and Layla Holmes.

Heavyweight division was a bit underrepresented. I moved up Trish Biel (17-1) who beat Karen Curtis for the championship. 2 Time champ, but no defenses yet, but that's because I screwed up her contract after she became champ and lost her. Now she's back with a vengeance, and only got beat by O'Neill so far. :D Popular contender is Nicole Tyler (big surprise... no really), who was also moved up to compensate for the lack of names. And also Laura Adair.

Funny to mention that I'm currently the top promotion in the game, since GAMMA and ALPHA-1 can't seem to book decent main events. XD

<p>Keeping with the WEFF theme...</p><p> </p><p>

Lightweight Champion: <strong>Jennie Gill</strong> strung a few solid wins together and took the belt from struggling Erica Page. She isnt outstanding, but considering her relative youth this might not be her only title reign.</p><p> </p><p>

Heavyweight Champion: <strong>Hope Lehane</strong> whose only useful quality seems to be being a Buffy reference. I had Alisha Wood defending against her (no higher challengers in the rankings available) and figured itd be a fairly easy defense. Instead while Lehane was on the ground and Wood in control...she lifted her legs and used them to choke Wood into a submission. So...new champion...until probably the next defense.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

Playing a created promotion called CONDOR FC, focused exclusively on smaller fighters with a yearly Grand Prix format.

November 2000

Batamweight Champion: Kei Maki (Defeated Dominic Ash)

Featherweight Champion: Jake Keane (Defeated Lazaro Campos)

Lightweight Champion: Jungo Futagawa (Defeated Junmal Skinner

1999 Batamweight GP Winner: Dominic Ash (defeated Liam O'Donnell in finals)

1999 Featherweight GP Winner: Lazaro Campos (defeated Helio in finals)

- 2000 Featherweight GP Winner: Helio (defeated Fujimaro Hidaka in finals)

1999 Lightweight GP Winner: Junmal Skinner (defeated Jungo Futagawa in finals)

The big storyline of CONDOR FC has been Jungo Futagawa, who emerged early as the only strong native star. He made it all the way to the finals of the LW GP, only to be upset by Junmal Skinner. Both would continue to win until they met up almost a year to the day in a rematch, which Futagawa used to redeem himself by beating Skinner to pieces and winning the title.

The other storyline, is Helio redeemed himself after failing to win the 1999 FW GP. He won the 2000 FW GP, and now has a title shot against Jake Keane, the hot shot new signing who won the FW title immediately.

Edited Database to have Tap Out be open when the game starts, and am now in Week One, January 2001

TOP HW Champion

"The Beast of Birmingham" Rav Kapur

History

Jeff "Rock" Calrton

"Silent But Violent" Wilson Franklyn

TOP LHW Champion

Roberto "The Sniper" Aldez

History

"The Gladiator" Niko Soldo

Bill "The Marine" Brown

Shane "The Butcher" Gilchrist

TOP MW Champion

Jonathan "The Locust" Huang

History

"The Talented" Sutton Ripley

TOP WW Champion

Heikichi Shimizu (2 Time Champion)

History

"The Fist of Justice" Ikku Funaki

Heikichi Shimizu

My Top Star at the moment is obviously Roberto Aldez, but for the entire game up until signing Aldez, Shimizu was the man. And Sutton Ripley won Fighter of the Year in 1999 as my MW Champion. So I'm not doing all that bad at the moment in terms of company growth, have yet to turn a profit, but have moved from 7th to 3rd as a promotion.

January 2001

SIGMA Heavyweight: Stratos Papaioannu - submitted Lefter Oktay (1 defense) to win the title (submission of the year 2000), Oktay had previously submitted Terron Cabal (1 defense). Scheduled to first defend against Ari Peltonen.

SIGMA Light Heavyweight: Hyun-Shik Lim - brutally knocked out Shane Gilchrist in the 1st minute of the 1st round right after Gilchrist had won the title from Thorbjorn Rekdal (2 defenses) in an unanimous decision. Scheduled to first defend against Rekdal.

SIGMA Middleweight: Fernando Amaro - The last of the original champions, has retained against Bambang Sriyanto, Fjodor Kanchelskis, Rob Baines and Henning Olsen, all by submission. Scheduled to defend next against Leonardo da Costa.

SIGMA Welterweight: Alberto Basora - Won the title right out of the gate from Noach Van Der Capellen and has retained against Jim Carpenter, Domimykas Jankovic and Doug Hansen, all by submission. Scheduled to defend next against Kenneth Toadspew.

SIGMA Lightweight: Fiyero Lermontov - Submitted Jake Keane to win the title right away and has since retained against Brandon Sugar (twice, KO of the year 1999 and then submission) and Paulo Roberto Bezerra (submission). Scheduled to rematch against Jake Keane (Because he won't fight undefeated Lubos Plasil).

SIGMA Featherweight: Francesco Marazzina - Fighter of the year 2000 after winning the title from Lars Bohlin (2 defenses) and then retainnig against Philip Ziskie, both by submission. Haven't decided who his next opponent is but he'll probably rematch Bohlin, that is if I can't hire an unemployed Li-Kong Ho.

• 4 weeks later...

My Promotion The Ultimate Cage Fighting

Title History

Interim Heavyweight

Wilson Franklyn (1)(Defeated Bill Cumming)

Next Defence:Bryan Van De Hauwe

Heavyweight

Ikuhisa Tamura (1)(Defeated Alekos Karabatos)

Sylvester Collins (1)(Defeated Ikuhisa Tamura

Next Defence:Ikuhisa Tamura

Interim Middleweight

Esteban Vega (1)(Defeated Todd D'Abruzzo)

VACANT

Billy Russell (1)(Defeated Keith Plaice)

Next Defence: Patrick Thomas

Middleweight

Sutton Ripley (1)(Defeated Greg Attevald)

Mills Mulally (1)(Defeated Sutton Ripley)

Next Defence:Sutton Ripley

Lightweight

Jake Keane (1)(Defeated Dominic Ash)

Brandon Sugar (1)(Defeated Jake Keane)

VACANT

Sammy Gaffigan (1)(Defeated Tim Oldacres)

Next Defence:Lars Bohlin

Interim Lightweight

James Busfield (1)(Defeated Moss Gilbert)

Phillip Ziskie (1)(Defeated James Busfield)

Next Defence:Norberto

ALPHA-1 Feb. 2001

Heavyweight - Hassan Fezzik (32-0-0)

Won the 1999 Heavyweight GP defeating Chuck Dooley in January, Boniek in June, and then Jeff Carlton and Kunimichi Kikuchi on the same night in December.

In 2000 took out Steve Mason and Jin Katou and in early 2001 defeated Raul Hughes in a dream match. Hughes was the GAMMA Champion when he defected to ALPHA-1 in late 1999.

Light Heavyweight - Hyun-Shik Lim (11-0-0)

The number one pound for pound fighter in the world Hyun has never had a fight go past the second round and has viciously stopped every fighter put in with him.

Won the title in March of 2000 with a second round TKO of Tadamasa Yamada. To this point has defended the title twice TKOing both Sho Kitabatake and John Rivero. Was the fighter of the year in 2000.

Middleweight - Fjodor Kanchelskis (15-0-0)

A guy who has looked awful at times yet has always come out on top in the end. Has been in trouble multiple times in his fights in ALPHA-1. Defeated Ram Phookan in Feb. 2000 to become the number one contender. In the fight Fjodor was dropped twice and nearly finished in the second round, yet held on to take a controversial decision.

In July of 2000 Fjodor won a lop sided decision over Heiji Endo to become the ALPHA-1 Middleweight champion.

2001 is the year of the Middleweight GP, Fjodor was able to advance to the quarterfinals with a victory in January over Roberto Aldez. The fight itself was vintage Fjodor. In round 1 Aldez pummeled Fjodor with kicks and punches brutalizing him all over the ring and dropping him once. However the second round Fjodor was able to get a takedown and pound Aldez out for the TKO.

Welterweight - Heikichi Shimizu (7-0-0)

Heikichi Shimizu captured the welterweight championship in October of 2000 with an early submission win over Ichisake Miyagi. He defended the title in Feb. of 2001 against Xie Ming in a fight of the year candidate. Shimizu was victorious by submission in the second.

This victory by Shimizu marked the first time since 1998 the Welterweight title had been successfully defended putting to end a streak of three champions who were unable to defend the title(Xie Ming, Gabe Gallego, Ichisake Miyagi).

Lightweight - Fiyero Lermontov (14-0-0)

Lermontov has had a short ALPHA-1 career of just two fights. Lermontov was brought in at the same time as Sean Morrison. At the time Morrison was the number one ranked Lightweight fighter in the world while Lermontov was the number two lightweight fighter in the world.

Unfortunately neither fighter was signed in time to enter the 2000 ALPHA-1 Lightweight GP and instead were put into a fight against each other in Nevada in July of 2000. The hype going into the fight was that the winner would get a shot at Caca de Andrade with the Lightweight Championship on the line. de Andrade, despite being the champ, was brutally KO'ed in the quarterfinals of the Lightweight GP by Atep.

Lermontov controlled Morrison for 3 straight rounds in Nevada and was awarded the unanimous decision. In Feb. of 2001 Lermontov TKO'ed disgraced Lightweight Champion Caca de Andrade to bring the belt back to respectability.

Looking ahead for Lermontov he is set to meet 24-0-0 Li-Kong Ho, the winner of the 2000 ALPHA-1 Lightweight GP.

Featherweight - Lubos Plasil (12-0-0)

The ALPHA-1 Featherweight division was founded in April of 2000 when Nuno Valentino defeated Teeratep Nutnum. Later in that same night Tomohiro Takeuchi became the first ever ALPHA-1 Featherweight Champion when he defeated former ALPHA-1 lightweight standout Manish Khan.

In Takeuchi's first title defense in August of 2000 he was put up against newcomer and underdog Lubos Plasil. Plasil was able to hang around with Takeuchi and in the fourth round found victory via rear naked choke.

Lubos Plasil is schedules to defend his title in March against undefeated in ALPHA-1 and former XCC featherweight champion Shuler Eigenberg.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually think it is beyond cool that every one of my champions is undefeated at the moment.

GAMMA - August, 2001

LW: Li-Kong Ho (26-0) (4 defences - Morrision, Atep, Lermonotov, Mellberg)

WW: Julio Reguerio (20-0-1) (Humpreys, Blood x2, Stiles x2, Alan Kendall)

MW: JJ Reid (30-3) ( 0 defences, won title against Matthew Dean by UD)

LHW: Mike Watson (14-1) 0 defences, Zvonimir Asanovic was stripped of the title due to a failed drug test after one of his title defense's. Watson fought Hyun Suk-Lim for the title and Watson won via UD.

HW: Aleksander Ivanov (11-0) - Beat James Foster, defended against Tony McCall and Lefter Oktay

GAMMA, October 2009:

Lightweight: Sukarno (20-9)

1st Reign, 0 Defenses

Beat Li-Kong Ho in June of 2009

Welterweight: Julio Regueiro (34-1-1)

2nd Reign, 14 Defenses (Aldarisio, Reid, Humphreys, Gallego, Sukarno, Morrison, Da Guia, Toadspew, Aldarisio x2, Da Guia x2, Jankovic, Vega, and 2 regens)

Beat Charles Stiles in December of 2001

Middleweight: Ethan Sutton (24-3)

1st Reign, 0 Defenses

Beat Buddy Garner in July of 2009

Light Heavyweight: Hyun-Shik Lim (24-5)

1st Reign, 0 Defenses

Beat Matthew Dean in April of 2009

Heavyweight: Kanezane Fujii (15-3)

2nd Reign, 0 Defenses

Beat Terron Cabal in August of 2009

... I've just gone through a major changing of the guard as Ho, Garner, and Cabal were all long-term champions with 3, 7, and 5 defenses, respectively. The Light Heavyweight title on the other hand has been passed around like a joint at a Grateful Dead concert.

Archived