I Hate Decisions: Rules Question

Has anybody done much experimenting with different rule sets? i ask mainly because, like the title says, i want most of my fights to be kos/subs. right now im using 3x10 rounds, everything legal, with standups, and thats getting me finishes pretty well, but its also A: killing my fighters, and B: resulting in some situations where both guys gas out and lean on each other for fifteen minutes or so. has anyone found a set that might be slightly better?

also curious in general to hear how different rules are affecting peoples games, with regard to match ratings, injuries, recovery, and whatever else.

Has anybody done much experimenting with different rule sets? i ask mainly because, like the title says, i want most of my fights to be kos/subs. right now im using 3x10 rounds, everything legal, with standups, and thats getting me finishes pretty well, but its also A: killing my fighters, and B: resulting in some situations where both guys gas out and lean on each other for fifteen minutes or so. has anyone found a set that might be slightly better?

also curious in general to hear how different rules are affecting peoples games, with regard to match ratings, injuries, recovery, and whatever else.

uhm, your request is kind of redundant. I mean, you want KO's and TKO's and you've found a system that works pretty well but your complaint is its killing your fighters and guys get tired when they cant knock each other out and dont finish fights.... well:

Killing fighters: your fighters are fighting either quick matches where they get knocked out or long matches where they get knocked out or tire to the point of utter-exhaustion. Thats going to happen regardless. If you find a way to get more KO's you will still "kill fighters".

Guys get tired: you have two guys constantly throwing and banging with no time out... going to happen in any system ever.

uhm, your request is kind of redundant. I mean, you want KO's and TKO's and you've found a system that works pretty well but your complaint is its killing your fighters and guys get tired when they cant knock each other out and dont finish fights....

I wasn't complaining, just fishing for possible "advanced tips". I realize the tradeoffs involved and that im not going to get it "perfect" with all finishes and nobody gassing or anything like that. Anyway, thinking about it more realistically, yall are right and its mostly down to matchmaking, as it should be. So ill stick with what im doing, and thx everyone for helping. i am still generally curious as to whether anyone's noticing any particularly interesting effects of any "weird" rulesets they might be trying tho. :)

Archived