Stupid booking system or stupid me

:mad:

What gives...how can this possibly be a VERY POOR main event. I've gotten to the point that I can't please anyone without waiting months between events because there only interested in seeing big names. What about the hard core fans?

And why are the shows only rated on anticipation and not the quality of the fights? Doesn't that just take the whole point of strategically booking fights away from the game? How many times have you been to or seen a UFC event that had nobody special fighting on it but it still turned out to be great? Plenty...It just seems like this game compared to the last one is so illogical.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7938/whyp.jpg A Screen shot from my game...How is this a VERY poor main event?! And this isn't the worst example...there's other people who have the winning streaks, performance and reputation aswell as both having international fame.

It's mind blowing.

Am I doing something wrong?

What gives...how can this possibly be a VERY POOR main event. I've gotten to the point that I can't please anyone without waiting months between events because there only interested in seeing big names. What about the hard core fans?

You'll still get plenty of people buying the show and going to the event even without a great main event.

You can't really expect to gain popularity for every single show you put on, as that would take any and all challenge out of the game.

look at the roster analysis screen and see where both of them are on it if your company is Mid to High level International then thats why its a poor main event, because only one fighter is near that popularity

A lot of people seem to be getting hung up on the idea that they HAVE to get to 100 High Leve International or they are doing something wrong. In reality (where most people only take brief holidays) it is almost impossible to be able to keep gaining popularity. Once you reach that level of popularity then EVERYONE who is interested in MMA knows who you are and is probably buying your PPVs (or at least watching your free TV shows). Since that never happens, it's crazy that people expect to be able to not only get to that level of popularity but to be able to maintain it.

Realistically, some fights have two massive stars with winning streaks fighting over a belt and everyone wants to see it... but not every show can have those guys, and once you've gained the popularity from that HUGE match/show then your next show is going to suffer as it is clearly going to be smaller. Not small, just smaller. And therefore a comparitive disappointment... either my not being as good a PPV event as your last one, or by not being available on free TV (no-one wants to pay for stuff if they don't need to).

I just wish everyone could understand that 100% High Level International isn't a realistically maintainable goal...

probably it's just annoying to be told constantly how horrible your events are. Maybe change the terminology around, call more matches decent or reasonable or something, even if they still have a negative affect on popularity, and Im sure the nonstop complaining will stop. Just so irritating to be told constantly how bad your events are is all. I no longer care, but I'm sure its really annoying for those who aren't used to it, when they put together main events that seem good on paper.

probably it's just annoying to be told constantly how horrible your events are. Maybe change the terminology around, call more matches decent or reasonable or something, even if they still have a negative affect on popularity, and Im sure the nonstop complaining will stop. Just so irritating to be told constantly how bad your events are is all. I no longer care, but I'm sure its really annoying for those who aren't used to it, when they put together main events that seem good on paper.

No, I understand that thinking. Hey, as long as you're making money, that's all that's important.

A reasonable challenge would be to try to build huge stars out of notihng when you're THAT huge.

I've gotten to the point that I can't please anyone without waiting months between events because there only interested in seeing big names. What about the hard core fans?

They are going to turn up anyway - hence why you still get a decent attendance even from a poor show. The feedback is for the "normal" fans who will actually think about whether they are going to watch or not.

And why are the shows only rated on anticipation and not the quality of the fights? Doesn't that just take the whole point of strategically booking fights away from the game? How many times have you been to or seen a UFC event that had nobody special fighting on it but it still turned out to be great? Plenty...It just seems like this game compared to the last one is so illogical.

1 - The quality of the fights DO effect the final rating of a show, they're just not the primary factor. A show full of great action helps boost your popularity. So if that is what you meant by the bolded sentence, you are wrong.

2 - The quality of fights don't effect the anticipation of a show because that would be illogical, unless they can see into the future the fans aren't going to turn up to a show based on the fact a match that hasn't happened yet is going to be great. So if that is what you meant by the bolded sentence, you're point is invalid as it'd be illogical to do what you are suggesting.

Yeah I know it may seem annoying at first but it's not going to kill you to have a poorly ranked show. It'll still be fun to see the results, and usually if your popularity takes a hit, it'll be much easier for the next show to be great.

UFC had like this franklin vs henderson main event for example, I can imagine that run of the mill fans would be like "wtf who are these guys", and perhaps that's the kind of stuff where the ratings come from? Meanwhile when you have Couture vs Lesnar the whole planet seems to know about it, even relatively casual fans.

UFC has shows with lackluster main events all the time and I'm sure they're not setting the buyrates on fire either.

In the past year UFC 97, UFC 96, UFC 95 (overseas, though), UFC 93, UFC 90, UFC 89 (overseas), UFC 85 (overseas), didn't have star-studded cards. Some people are so worried about putting on "great" main events and co-main events when it's not really possible to do that every show. The ratio of shows with good cards to bad cards is totally realistic in my game.

I just wish everyone could understand that 100% High Level International isn't a realistically maintainable goal...

Yeah, getting to that level and retaining it is VERY tough if impossible, the only thing i am worrying about is if they will sack me when my level drops to lets say Low International or High National (Adam said something about them sacking you if you drop more than 2 times) now that will seriously suck because keeping your level so high is very tough. The truth is you can only really have a certain amount of people with high name value, on winning streaks and with great reputation\popularity + which have not already fought the other great guy (teams make that even more tough)

I reached low level international after 7 shows. 2 shows later I dropped to High level regional because I do not have enough main event talent. In total I have 4 international level guys, two of which are in the same division and about 35 national guys. So I guess I will see what happens as the next few months unfold.

UFC has shows with lackluster main events all the time and I'm sure they're not setting the buyrates on fire either.

In the past year UFC 97, UFC 96, UFC 95 (overseas, though), UFC 93, UFC 90, UFC 89 (overseas), UFC 85 (overseas), didn't have star-studded cards. Some people are so worried about putting on "great" main events and co-main events when it's not really possible to do that every show. The ratio of shows with good cards to bad cards is totally realistic in my game.

Woah, woah, woah! Rampage Jackson and Anderson Silva aren't stars? I'll concede UFC 85 even though Hughes is one of my all-time favourites. But to say UFC 96 and 97 are not star-studded, is hilarious. :)

If you're saying, the fights are not top-end, I'll agree. Jardine is a niche guy, while Leites should get destroyed pretty quickly.

Anyway, hate to derail the topic. Sorry about that! Original Poster, you don't need to worry so much about the wording. Even if anticipation isn't high, if *you* are enjoying the fight, you're winning. Heck, if you're worrying about how "hardcore fans" may perceive it, start a diary. Then, we can give you our opinions and we'll see how it goes from there. :)

... That sounds awesome. Someone should do that. Have the forum give the ratings for a diary. I approve.

I reached low level international after 7 shows. 2 shows later I dropped to High level regional because I do not have enough main event talent.

one sec... you dropped from low inter to high reg and didn't get fired? do you have to drop two levels from where you started to get fired? is it two categories? could really use a clarification here as ive got a couple games cruising except for the possibility of getting fired for losing pop.

I THINK it's dropping a level (int to national, national to regional) twice. I've dropped sub categories lots of times, and not been fired. I can't be certain of this though, because I have have dropped to national and came back up one, I've made sure to never do it again, sticking a TV show in whenever I near the danger zone.

I thank you all for the amount of feedback I've gotten and I'm much happier with the situation now.

The one thing I just still don't get is that no matter how you slice it...you cannot describe that fight as Very Poor. There both known, on winning streaks and great at what they do.

But I get it now. Thanks.

It's very poor compared to your popularity, which is in turn a reflection of your past events. Basically, your fans expect (based on popularity) your main events to be at least as good as your previous ones that got you the reputation (popularity) that you have now. Less than that is bad in their eyes, even if the fight itself will be very good.

i tried the demoof this game and didn't particularly like it but that screenshot looks a lot better than the version i played. has the game undergone an overhaul in the display department? looks a lot better and a lot clearer now.

i tried the demoof this game and didn't particularly like it but that screenshot looks a lot better than the version i played. has the game undergone an overhaul in the display department? looks a lot better and a lot clearer now.

As with all the games that Adam makes, the user interface can be customised by the players and there have been a number of mods made. I'm not sure what screenshot you've seen but it may have been one of the newly created screen mods which may be more to your taste. some of them are very good, though I still quite like the default one myself. :)

Archived