TNA: The Rebirth

It came as a shock to most fans and people in the industry when the news emerged that I had bought out TNA Wrestling from the Carter family. Despite the claims that TNA was making a profit and on the rise, behind the scenes there were feelers being put out for a buyout, and being a major wrestling fan with a good mind for the business - that was all I needed to hear.

I firmly believe that TNA has what it takes to not only rival WWE one day, but to surpass it as the face of wrestling for the new generation. Gone are the days of goodies and baddies, childish skits and the olden days babyface hot tag wrestling bouts. TNA has what it takes to bring a fresh product with its 6 sided ring, fantastically talented roster and the potential for more all out matches. I know I can bring this to the fans over time.

The deal is done behind the scenes and announced to the world not long after. TNA is now under new ownership. I am the sole owner of TNA Wrestling and I have decided to become head booker at the same time. A statement is made and the fans are told to be excited, this is the time for a new era for TNA Wrestling. We've already had glimpses of what TNA and it's amazing roster can provide, but the old booking routine is over. Now it's time to take what makes TNA special and maximise that potential. This is the start of a journey you want to be a part of....

Day 1 - I settle into the offices and start making my way through all the paperwork and decisions. I know I need to make a bold start and continue from there, and with Impact scheduled for later tonight I decide I have to hit the ground running.

First things first though, and I straight away decide to get on top of the roster dealings and contracts. I make my way through the roster, sit down with some of the stars and talk to them about where I see them now and in the future with the company. Some will be on the way up and some will be on the way out. But in order to have a true fresh start that's just the nature of the business.

The first thing I do is put a high level drug testing procedure in place. Every person on the roster is also comprehensively tested. I won't stand for any drug problems in my company and we can't afford the bad press at this time. People will be dealt with in the appropriate manner should they get fail wellness and they'll be dealt with in the manner depending on what they failed for and how they come across when they explain themselves. From the off, BG James is the only person to fail wellness for soft drug issues. James is not someone I intend to use too much, and his contract I could do without, but seeing as his problems are relatively small I decide to give him a chance to sort himself out and leave him with a stern warning. James convinces me that this won't happen again.

The next dealings are sending Kaz and Kevin Nash for surgery. Both faces I want to use when possible and so both are sent to recover in a hopefully quicker manner. Thankfully both surgeries are deemed a complete success and Kaz is now scheduled to recover in roughly 2 months rather than 4. Kevin Nash should also be back in action within around 8 days.

I then make my decisions about future tapings. Both Impact and PPV shows will have a 2 man commentary team for the most part. For now, that will be Mike Tenay as announcer and Jim Cornette as colour commentator. Don West is one of the faces I intend to remove from the company. Unfortunately for Don despite his best efforts, I don't feel he is good enough for weekly TV, and we also have Jim who is no longer needed as an authority figure, but is great at colour commentary. Privately I intend on replacing Mike Tenay at some point in future aswell, but for now he keeps his job.

Before I head into booking tonights major Impact show for the new era, I sit down and go over contracts and potential signings. Several phone calls are made and I now have a few potential signings that I intend to bring in for talks. The internet sites are already going mad with ideas and rumours about who is on the wishlist, however nothing will be released from my end until I've spoken to the people I intend to bring in.

I also schedule meetings with the people I intend to release from TNA. After looking through my employees, I decide that with new faces I want to sign and the current books, there's too many people that are no longer needed. Because of this I schedule termination meetings with the following...

Don West

Jeremy Borash

David Penzer

Willie Urbina

Vince Russo

Jesse Neal

Jenna Morasca

Andromeda

Originally I also intended to terminate Kip James but was asked not to by BG James and Jeff Jarrett. Whilst I have made it clear I will answer to nobody else, I decide to leave James in the role of occasional wrestler for the time being. I had also planned on releasing Trenesha (or Rhaka Khan as she is known on TV) but Kurt Angle got wind of this and made a massive effort to talk me around. Again without bowing to the pressure of other people, I decide to leave her in the company for the time being. Seeing as she's on a PPA contract at the moment anyway I figure I won't be using her much and won't have to pay her. Kurt is a major asset to the company and I'd rather keep him on side for the moment without it needing to cost me.

The internet rumour mill has come up with the idea that Raisha Saeed is also on the outs from the company, something I deliberately make no effort to deny without giving anything away.

In final bits of news from the hectic early days, I schedule meetings to discuss written contracts with Angelina Love, Velvet Sky, Eric Young and Kaz. I have big plans for all 4 workers and want to tie them down to written deals so they can't be stolen away by anyone else.

The other major decision I make is that the TNA Legends title is now renamed to the TNA TV Title. The belt design stays the same but is now open to any weight or gender. I found the Legends idea doesn't really work at all, and the TV Title will be a valuable midcard title for those that aren't stuck in the X Division or Heavyweight Title mould.

After all this I take some time to make a shortlist of the people I intend to bring into the company, and work on my plans for the first Impact show. At this moment I'm toying with the idea of a complete reboot where all titles will be stripped and new championship matches scheduled. The first Impact will then truly be a new era supershow to kick us off. I'm also aware that Sting having creative control in his contract is a major problem to my plans. Sting is a good guy overall, but he's not keen on putting people over if he doesn't agree with the plans. I can't have a guy holding my main belt if he has the opportunity to override my booking decisions.

Well I now have to get onto booking my first Impact. Hopefully it will be a hell of a show, and the new start that I want TNA to have. I'll get onto that and let you all know how it turns out. The ride starts here!!

Looking forward to see where you go with this, personally i would have got rid of Kip, B.G and Jarrett.

I would keep Kip--just change everything about him (character, a few skills, etc.) that would have made WWE slap themselves for letting him go. I believe he is capable of doing wonders in the diary world. But that is for another topic outside of TEW 2008 diaries.

MFKR78, KUTGW!

A couple of quick updates to add!

There are some new developments backstage that take me by surprise (mod issue! Nothing else has changed from my previous posts however)

Kaz is now free to return and will be working the Suicide gimmick.

Rob Terry who has only just signed with the company was also caught out as a steroid user. I'm not happy about steroids at all, but seeing as he's both young and new I decide to give him a slap on the wrist.

Kevin Nash has also been caught out as a soft drug user. Unfortunately for Kevin, he's on a massive contract which I feel is a real problem for TNA as I don't think he's worthy of it in his medical state. I choose to let Kevin go. He's not at all happy and we'll have to ensure that word doesn't get out about BG keeping his job under the circumstances!!

MEM Security Rocco and Sal are also scheduled for termination proceedings. I see no use for them in the company.

The recently announced appearance of "celebrity" Danny Bonaduce is now cancelled and his PPA contract set for termination also.

I'm keeping a watchful eye on Madison Rayne due to the fact she is listed as being an extremely negative influence on the locker room. Rayne will have to prove herself to me if she wants to stay around.

Daffney's contract is due to expire shortly so I schedule talks over a new deal. I also notice that Taylor Wilde is only working for us at the moment on a PPA contract so schedule talks with her over a written deal aswell.

Tomorrow I hope to set up my first Impact taping which will be the big show of the new era. I also hope to have news soon on new signings with the company!

TNA Impact is filmed tonight at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. The crowd is a sell-out 5000 for the taping.

Dark Match Results -

Brutus Magnus vs Shark Boy Magnus gets the pin in 2.46 with the tormentum. These 2 seem to have good chemistry. Rating: D-

Nikki Roxx & Sarah Stock vs Madison Rayne & Velvet Sky Stock submits Rayne in 4.31 with an Armbar Takedown. Rating: E

IMPACT TAPING

Mick Foley comes out as the new man in charge of TNA Wrestling. Foley cuts a promo on the Main Event Mafia and Sting's involvement with them. Foley wants a new start in TNA and due to the ongoing shenanigans with the MeM he decides to strip Sting of the title. Tonights main event will be a 4-Way match for the TNA World Heavyweight Title! Sting may well be unhappy with the MeM interfering but that's just tough luck. Still Foley is a fair man, so if Sting wants to redeem himself and have his shot at the title, he'll get that chance and face Rhino, Samoa Joe and the returning Christopher Daniels in the main event tonight! Rating: B+

Next up X Division action!

Suicide vs Eric Young vs Sheik Abdul Bashir vs Kiyoshi vs Amazing Red

Suicide pins Kiyoshi in 8.19 by pinfall with a wave of the future. This was meant to be a title match but I learn that Kiyoshi is seemingly not eligible due to weight restrictions (!) Suicide comes out looking good in the match. Rating: D

During the break, Mike Tenay and Jim Cornette talk about the takeover of Mick Foley. Rating: C-

Next up, the Main Event Mafia are in the ring cutting a promo. Angle is the spokesman for the group. He cuts a promo saying that Sting is an embarrassment. He's an embarrassment to the MeM and an embarrassment to wrestling. Sting is past-it, he's too weak to decide whether he's with or against the mafia, and now it's even cost him his title. The group continue to run down Sting in the ring. This lifts the crowd. Rating: A

Ladder Match for the Knockouts Title

Amazing Kong© vs O.D.B vs Angelina Love vs Daffney vs Sojourner Bolt vs Taylor Wilde

During the match Raisha Saeed runs down to ringside and suddenly unmasks to reveal Cheerleader Melissa! Kong is stunned as Melissa turns on her and costs her dearly. During the match Taylor Wilde looks to be the one to retrieve the belt until Velvet Sky distracts her and causes Love to take advantage. Angelina Love retrieves the belt at 10.47 to become new TNA Knockouts Champion! After the match Melissa eyes the celebrating Love & Beautiful People with the belt. Daffney and Love look visibly tired after the match whilst Kong still looks strong despite the interference and loss. Rating: E+

Back after the break and Angle is back in the ring on the mic. The music hits and we get darkness. Next minute STING is in the ring! Both guys eye each other before charging at each other like wild animals. Before too much can happen the ring is flooded with AJ Styles, Rhino & Christopher Daniels dragging Sting away from Angle who is also held back by Booker, Nash and Steiner. A staredown and many threats are what follows. Rating: A

Abyss vs Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan defeats Abyss in 4.39 by DQ when Abyss snapped and went for Morgan with a chair. Unfortunately the 2 have no chemistry and the match came off pretty flat. Rating: E+

Kevin Nash comes to the ring and cuts a promo boasting about himself. He stands in the ring talking of the Main Event Mafia and all his own success in the business. Rating: B-

The crowd are enjoying Nash and his boasts when music hits and out comes Mick Foley! Foley tells Nash that he's had enough of the mafia and he's had enough of Nash's talk. What has Nash been doing recently anyway apart from standing behind Angle, Booker and Steiner? Foley tells Nash that he's not paying him to stand around talking about his past achievements, this is a new TNA and the time for talk is over. If Nash thinks he's still so good, then instead of just talking the talk, he can walk the walk and face a real winner in todays industry....AJ Styles! Foley hopes Nash is ready as it's coming up next. And that's not all! If Nash doesn't win the match he's FIRED!! Nash is furious! Rating: B+

Kevin Nash vs AJ Styles If Nash loses he's fired.

AJ Styles pins Kevin Nash in 4.46 with a Styles Clash. AJ dominates the match. Nash sits up and looks stunned. He takes a last look around as he realises his TNA career is over. Rating: D+

TNA Tag Team Title 3-Way

Beer Money Inc.© vs Lethal Consequences vs L.A.X

Beer Money Inc. retain their titles by first eliminating Lethal Consequences and then L.A.X. Unfortunately Hernandez was really off his game and it brought down what I had hoped would be a great match. The crowd weren't as into this as I had thought and hoped for. Rating: D+ (gutted)

Sting is walking backstage preparing for the title match, next minute Angle, Booker and Steiner appear and beat the hell out of Sting! Already fuming at the situation from earlier and Nash now being fired, the MeM beat Sting down and leave him in a broken heap backstage. Rating: B+

TNA Heavyweight Title 4-Way Match

It's time for the main event, but what will happen with Sting?! The participants come out in order. First out Rhino followed by Christopher Daniels then Samoa Joe there's a pause as everyone in the ring looks on to see if Sting will come out. Foley decides that someone has to replace Sting but who will it be? The music hits and the final participant arrives it's Kurt Angle

The match ends up going 16.46 until Rhino is distracted by Scott Steiner at ringside which allows Angle to hit him with the Angle Slam and get the pin. Your winner and NEW TNA Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle. Afterwards Rhino looks visibly tired and Kurt looks great. Rating: C+

Kurt Angle stands in the ring celebrating his win. He gets on the mic telling everyone that the real world champion is here now. Angle is enjoying his moment when suddenly music hits....out onto the ramp comes Bobby Lashley Angle looks stunned as Lashley cuts a promo of his own and points to the ring. Lashley is here for one thing, and that's the TNA Heavyweight Title! The crowd pops and Angle stands looking stunned as Impact ends. Rating: A

Overall the show only scored a D+ Apparently the crowd were not happy as they expected more angles and interview segments. I'm very disappointed with this as I clearly got my choice of area wrong and may need to tweak the style of the show to let fans know to expect a slightly different product. Angles will be important but I've got to work out how much of the balance I want between angles and matches on my Impact shows. Unfortunately the tag match and X Division match really let me down where I expected them to pop the crowd aswell, and it's clear that it's going to take some time to get the Knockouts over more. Abyss & Morgan let me down big time aswell and I let them know backstage about it. That feud will not go any further.

Backstage I congratulate the guys and air my views on the disappointments. I make notes about who I want to build the shows around and where I want to take Impact on the whole. I also need to look forward to the next PPV and determine what's going to happen there.

Privately I'm very disappointed that I learned at the last minute that the Motor City Machine Guns and Team 3D were working elsewhere and so unavailable for the first Impact under my control. I had hoped to use both teams and feel that the show would have gone down better with them. This is something I'm going to have to look at very seriously.

It turns out that the Guns lost the IWGP Jr. Tag Titles to Jado & Gedo on the NJPW Lost Cause Tour. Team 3D also retained their IWGP Tag Titles on that show.

In Backstage news Matt Morgan is asking for time to heal after the show, as is Robert Roode. Also AJPW and NOAH have made offers for Doug Williams to tour with them.

More news from TNA:

TNA Wrestling has come to terms on the releases of the following wrestlers...

Cassandro

Danny Bonaduce

David Penzer

Dixie Carter

Don West

Jenna Morasca

Jeremy Borash

Jesse Neal

Big Tilly

Bruno Sassi

Vince Russo

Willie Urbina

Borash, West, Neal and Carter had to be paid off to terminate their written deals. However none were for very much money.

Kevin Nash failed another wellness test on the day of his termination proceedings. Kevin is fired.

It comes to my attention that there has been a backstage incident where Scott Steiner provoked and then attacked Earl Hebner. I will not have this in my company. At this point I'm deciding on my next course of action but am leaning towards firing Steiner. The only problem is that he'll be gone before the next round of tapings and so I won't be able to write him out easily or have him put anyone over, which I like to do if possible. Steiner is a well known face of TNA despite me not being high on him personally and he's on a contract that I could again do without seeing as I feel his age and lack of stamina is against him. This won't be an easy decision.

After thinking things over, I've made my decision to fire Scott Steiner for the attack on Earl Hebner.

I won't tolerate things like this going on in my company, backstage Steiner is already known for having an attitude problem and he's also taking $15,000 a month from me on his written contract. I don't think Steiner is worth his pay for his wrestling ability nowadays and so all things considered Steiner is now scheduled to be terminated shortly.

News reports state that Scott Steiner has been fired from the company due to the recent backstage incident.

Amazing Kong has also left the company. Reports suggest that the new owner is thankful for her work but doesn't see her as fitting in with the division that he wants to build and the image of the Knockouts.

Madison Rayne is another worker being let go due to the owner not being high on her and her apparent negative influence on the locker room.

Several new faces are expected to be coming into the company in the following weeks. Reports say that this is due to the financial benefits of letting people like Nash & Steiner go and the spaces left by other releases since the takeover. Rumours are floating around suggesting both old and new faces are possible.

More updates...

Ashley Lane (Madison Rayne) has left the company.

Angel Williams, Talia Madison, Frankie Kazarian and Eric Young have all signed written contracts with the company. Daffney Unger has had her PPA contract extended by 9 months.

TNA Impact did a 1.22 rating on Spike TV.

To try and get around the problem of talent touring with other companies and missing tapings, TNA have now rescheduled Impact tapings to Tuesdays. House shows will also come into effect on Fridays.

TNA have announced 3 new signings today...

MsChif has joined the company and will debut soon. TNA would also like to announce the signing of Victor Imperial Porter, younger brother of MVP. I feel Victor has star potential and hope he can eventually go on to do as well as his brother! The other announced signing for today is Elijah Burke! Burke is currently wrapping up his obligations to other companys and will join TNA officially in a weeks time.

Should I keep posting extra posts each time I do more guys or should I edit the ones I have written last? I can post again obviously for Impact and PPV shows as they need their own post, but I'm wondering about how often I should post when I'm playing the game over time like today? Not sure whether to keep editing or adding a new post when things happen.

You have a reader in me, I think the only problem I see is that you've done so many turns and switches around in the space of one shows it seems...well unrealistic.

If TNA got a new booker he would not strip the title, turn mellisa, chance Roxxi Leaveau's name so on and so forth. You have jumped in at the deep end as opposed to taking the baby pool route - gotta love metaphors.

Anyway keep it up I do enjoy your writing style.

This weeks house show made $9,840.

Impact on Sun Sports drew a 0.03. Unfortunately it drew nothing on Bravo and RDS.

TNA have announced 2 more signings today. Lance Cade has signed a written deal with the company and joins immediately. In 7 days time, TNA will also welcome new written signing Paul London to the company. London will now finish up with PWG before joining TNA next week.

You have a reader in me, I think the only problem I see is that you've done so many turns and switches around in the space of one shows it seems...well unrealistic.

If TNA got a new booker he would not strip the title, turn mellisa, chance Roxxi Leaveau's name so on and so forth. You have jumped in at the deep end as opposed to taking the baby pool route - gotta love metaphors.

Anyway keep it up I do enjoy your writing style.

Thanks :) I do see where you're coming from with that and in hindsight I have maybe changed too much too fast.

My original idea was to do just that and make a huge splash with the new product but it hasn't quite come off how I would have liked (well the ratings probably suggest that anyway) still rather than go back and start over I'll stick with it and hopefully build forward from here!

I'm starting to settle in and look to more long term decisions with the company as the days go on.

The mood at the offices is a mixture of intrigue and excitement for a lot of the staff as we look to head into the new direction. Already I have tweaked the style of the company and intend to push things forward with this. Certain decisions backstage may not always have been popular or expected, but I think these things needed to be done.

A lot of shock has come from Amazing Kong being released from the company. Whilst I think she did a good job while she was around, and we didn't bury her on the way out...I feel that I want the Knockouts division to have a certain look and style, and Kong doesn't fit with that. Angelina being champion is the start of the new direction there and I expect her to have lots of potential challenges in the coming months. We're building a division of women who look great and wrestle entertaining matches at the same time. Cheerleader Melissa is a valuable addition to the roster after dropping the Saeed gimmick. I discuss with her that I intend for her to become a major face for the division. MsChif is going to come in with her usual goth look and heel gimmick and I also expect her to do big things with us. We also have Sarah Stock who debuted only recently and the latest news is that Serena Deeb has also joined the promotion on a PPA deal.

I'm working hard on eliminating people who cause problems with attitude backstage. This was a major factor in letting Madison Rayne leave with her negative backstage influence. I also felt she didn't bring enough to the table in the ring. Scott Steiner learned the hard way about this aswell, being fired for his terrible attitude and backstage troubles. Steiner was already on a huge contract that previous bosses allowed him to negotiate, that didn't sit well with me as I found that a drain on resources that could be used elsewhere for someone who is past his best and too limited in the ring these days. Steiner slipped up by costing himself his job.

I've also taken the decision to let Kip James go. Again BG James has asked me not to, and Robert Roode has also spoken up for him, but as I said before I am the boss. Kip is on a written deal and doesn't have much worth to me anymore. I don't need any extra road agents, I don't want him as a manager and I don't feel he can give me much in the ring. BG James will also have to watch out himself seeing as he's in the same position and taking home way too much pay from his previous contract.

3 more signings are brought in today, 1 new and 2 old. Whilst I know it isn't best to have loads of new people debut at the same time, I intend on bringing back certain people who can return without too much of a shock. Also certain people will appear at different times which is possible due to contract differences.

Today Rain joins the Knockouts division on a PPA contract, Tomko returns on the same deal and Petey Williams re-signs with the company on a written deal. I have 3 more negotiations in place with faces of the past to come.

Guest AJ Starr

Usually I get right into TNA Diaries... but you've flopped this from the start. You run right into putting all Titles on the line and immediately firing every single person you personally do not like whether you can use them or not... a BIG Diary no-no.

You released Awesome Kong? For what purpose other than personal opinion of her? "Reports suggest that the new owner is thankful for her work but doesn't see her as fitting in with the division that he wants to build and the image of the Knockouts." Saying that in real life would most likely get a sexual discrmination lawsuit slapped on you. And Kong not fitting into the Knockout Division? Sorry... you lost me as a reader just for that. If you wanted the WWE Women's Division you should've done a WWE Diary. Dropping Kong because of her looks shows incredibly poor judgement as a Diary writer and furthermore expresses to the reader that talent means nothing to you if the T&A isn't there to go with it. Sorry but.... pass!

Also... firing Madison Rayne for having a "bad attitude" would most likely be another lawsuit. Legally.... firing someone for having a bad attitude is illegal... unless they do something to get themselves fired.

But to move onto other points;

Foley already is one of the main figureheads of TNA.... and stripping Sting of the Title only to crown Angle as the new Champ later on in the same show is not only lame... the fans would dump all over it... and Angle as Champion has been done to death. There was no logic in any of that.

Furthermore... the whole logic of Foley stripping the Title from Sting is due to his role in the MeM.... but you fire Steiner & Nash the same night. You basically trash Sting's rep to start a storyline... then you trash it before the end of the show? There's absolutely no structure in any of this. Foley has a track record of hating Angle and having respect for Sting... you completely ignore that and reverse it. Foley would NEVER unless turning heel... which you either didn't mention or didn't book...

And through all of this... no Booker T. So you start the show about the MeM... reverse Foley's stance... strip Sting for no reason only to put the Title on Angle for absolutely no reason other than an obvious quick fix to Overall Show ratings which didn't work... fire 40% of the Mafia after basing your 1st Imapct around them... and leave Booker out of it completely. Safe to say if this format were to hafve aired in real life... TNA fans would've taken off by the truckloads.

Your writing or lack there of... you're basically revamping the script TEW gives you for results and adding in "personal thoughts" which are just road agent notes. You need to come up with a way of actually making the writing personal instead of just repeating what the game tells you... it's a HUGE turn-off to readers to just see a cropped copy and paste job.

I don't know if you're a beginner to Diaries and while the writer is always in charge... there is just nothing you've done that would inspire me to continue reading at all. May be harsh... but that's what it is. You're making all the mistakes beginners make with Diaries... might wanna go check out the more experience writers for structure, format, and how they begin booking their first few shows. I'm a huge TNA fan... but that show would've instantly turned me off of them completely.

AJ I agree with you on some points but owners firing them because of backstage issues happen a lot more than you think, Kristal Martin (Lashley's girl) was fired because she refused to do a storyline. Remember Russo firing Hogan because he wouldn’t lose? These are all backstage issues. It’s either that or have Joey Styles punch out a Main eventer/Upper Mid

Foley was let go because he had an attitude with Vince scream at him and didn't want to come back

Wrestling isn't like a true job, these people an independent contractor and if someone gets fired because they don't have the right look, well it happen..... Hell in that one movie JR even told that one wrestler he just didn't have the look

and yes he made a bunch of changes but it is his diary

I fired Nash for my own reasons sure but Amazing Kong and Madison Rayne were not on written deals anyway. It amounts to nothing but me not choosing to use them anymore.

Kong doensn't fit into the style of wrestling I want on the show, not just her looks. Rayne's backstage attitude being bad is enough for me to no longer use her when she's only on a PPA contract anyway.

It's only show 1, maybe there's more direction and reasons to be explained as to what happened with the MeM and Foley.

I thought people would like the detail. I don't actually copy and paste anything, I just use certain notes the game gives me mixed in with my own things. I thought people would like to read lots of detail rather than some diaries I see where you just get results and nothing else.

Guest AJ Starr

Gator... you're talking about people being fired FOR refusing to do things... not just for being there and people saying they have a bad attitude. BIG difference. Foley also asked to be released... he was not fired. Tazz left for the exact same reasons.

Yes MFKR78, it was just one show, but there was absolutely zero creativity put into it.

Archived