TNA Sacrifice vs WWF Extreme Rules

wrestlingfan1

Anyone who's seen my previous posts knows why I refuse to use E in their name, so lets skip past that and move to the point of the topic.

With my current work schedule I've been able to watch more WWF than I have TNA which isn't saying much. I was able to watch both pay per views however, that being said I wanted to compare the two.

TNA: While some of the things they did may have seemed a little... off ( The supposed world title match, but it was a sacrifice per being the one pinned/submitted ) I suppose it was an over all decent show. I haven't been able to watch it enough to follow the storylines and was still able to enjoy watching the matches. I have almost lost all respect for women's wrestling now, TNA had for a brief moment restored my faith, by having their women wrestlers actually dress to wrestle and not like they were performing at a bachelor party, then poof its what WWF did to womens wrestling all over again.

Highlight Match: X Division World Title. Very competitive, good flow and in ring story telling. I personally enjoyed the old school feel of " I don't want to win it that way."

WWF: Again not being able to follow as closely as I used to I knew nothing but the matches that were scheduled. Most of the matches were strictly story line based. I know thats the point , as much as i hate it, the matches should still be good, regardless of how long the storyline has been running. While Edge has some credability I can't stand anything with Jeff Hardy, who in my personal opinion should never be allowed in the same room with a microphone, let alone on tv with one. He botches more moves than any wrestler I can ever recall. His body is aging and is probably pretty beat up by now yet he fails to alter his in ring style to accomodate that. Maybe thats not his fault maybe management won't let him because thats what his fans want to see. Orton has yet to impress me with his wrestling and again isn't that great on the "stick" either.

Highlight: A toss up between ECW world title match and the United States title match. Kofi Kingston is an excellent in ring performer , can't judge his mic skills becuse I haven't seen enough of him " talking it up" , barring injury or like jeff a failure to change when his body can't do what he does now , he could be a major player in given time. The ECW title match was great. The outcome was something I really didn't see coming, which is hard to do in wrestling now adays. I've long said that Tommy deserved the strap, but assumed he was the same Tommy from the Rise and Fall of ECW dvd and simply didn't want the title. He said " I wanted to be the guy who went his entire career without ever winning a major singles title. They put the belt on me simply because there was no one left." I'd like to see him as ECW champion for a while ( not a JBL while) and show " all these young punks what the E in ECW really means"

I'd like to see others opinions, on these two shows. What were the highlights for you, your general comparisons?

Kofi botched at least 3 moves, including his own finish, at that PPV. He's a fun enough dude, who deserves to be bouncing around the midcard, but that whole match what pretty dire, and Kofi wasn't helping matters.

The World Wildlife Fund are gonna mess you up. Be afraid. They have pandas.

Highlights from WWE Extreme Rules? Jericho promo. It had some cool camera shots.

Highlights from TNA Sacrifice? I only watched the first few matches, but... I'll actually agree with you on the X-Division thing, even though it reminded me of the FAR superior Lynn/Van Dam angle they stole it from.

Archived