raw spoilers

mistaken

How about something happens that prevents from a proper match happening on Monday and they set something up for the PPV?

And just because one brand doesn't have a ME announced doesn't make it a throwaway PPV. By all accounts, the Punk/Hardy/Edge match stole the show, and Hardy vs Punk has been signed, so that should be really good. How many times in the past had the SD ME not been announced for a PPV? And how many times did THAT cause a PPV to be a "throwaway"?

Trump should fire JR again :p

Decent Raw, glad that Orton became champion again, I don't mind. The triple threat World title match however STOLE the show. Amazing spat between the three, and I thought for a moment Jeff would actually win it. Jericho/Rey was a great match too, and the rest was... meh.

Ted DiBiase is so bland when he speaks. Jesus. Hearing him on commentary was painful enough, they better re-think this "huge push at the end of the year" thing.

you know what your entire middle paragraph, which i agree whole heatedly with, has in common?

It was all smackdown based matches.

Smackdown saved a crappy raw.

Meh, they haven't had a re-match since WM and Orton is the champ without having beaten HHH clean, so I don't think that's a bad idea. What is a bad idea is taking the title off Orton, then giving the title back to Orton and have HHH win a Battle Royale just to get a rematch opportunity. There's no reason Orton couldn't have retained at Extreme Rules, then had HHH come out and say "grr I want to fight you!" and then have Orton weasel out for a week before eventually get roped into giving HHH his match. They should've just kept things simple, imo.

no oen beats HHH clean, thats the perks of boinking the head booker.

Raw's main event scene bores me.

You don't necessarily need to win "clean" to put someone over. You don't need to win, period. And if Batista didn't get hurt and Shawn wasn't taking time off, we wouldn't even be discussing Triple H being a horrible guy.

I personally think this was all dont to get a jump in the ratings. Think about it. When trump was on Wrestlemania there was big media about it. If he "buys" Raw, the flagship of the company. Theres bound to be a nice jump in ratings from the media attention.

Just my take on it ;)

I enjoyed Raw

If WWE were getting serious about a Miz/Cena fued they shouldnt of made miz look like a joke in the battle royal, Miz should of cheated Cena over the top rope.

The Miz should really fued the Santino could be the best promo/Worst match fued of the year lol

And what happend to MVPs push? he had one a 2 weeks ago.

I personally think this was all dont to get a jump in the ratings. Think about it. When trump was on Wrestlemania there was big media about it. If he "buys" Raw, the flagship of the company. Theres bound to be a nice jump in ratings from the media attention.

Just my take on it ;)

Wait, they brought in a reality TV star with crossover appeal for ratings? Who would've guessed?!

Partial source: PWInsider

- Matthew sent the following: This morning on the News segment with Robin Quivers on the Howard Stern show, Robin opened with the story of Trump buying RAW. For a few minutes, Robin spoke as if Trump legitimately bought RAW before Howard questioned it, and a staffer finally added that it was just a storyline.

- Andrew sent the following: There was a bike rally called the Bakersfield (CA) Thunder Run that Chuck Palumbo was scheduled to be at with his custom bikes from CP Kustoms last weekend. Chuck appeared and also had a surprise with him, Chavo Guerrero Jr. Chavo hung out with Chuck in his booth all day. The bike Chuck had on display is the bike he had just built for Chavo, and he has also recently built bikes for Rey Mysterio, Batista, and a few others but I can't remember the names right now.

- The new Donald Trump storyline from WWE has gotten a lot of media coverage over the past few days, which is exactly what WWE wanted from it. They fooled TV Guide yesterday and fooled gossip columnist Perez Hilton today in thinking that Trump had actually purchased RAW.

- As noted earlier, David Flair was sitting ringside for this past Monday's RAW in Charlotte. Apparently Ricky Steamboat Jr. was also at ringside with David. And yes, Ric Flair was backstage for RAW.

If I am Vince, I run with this. Monday I send Trump out with proof that he 'purchased' RAW.

I reiterate and early point, buying "RAW" as a legit financial transaction could mean many things. For the story they mean the same Vince bought WCW the company.

BUT, you could draw out the blurring of Reality and Storyline by doing something along the following lines.

Trump buys (really money changing hands) the Time slot that contains RAW, he has thus bought 'RAW', the show and it's time slot belong to him. Vince then buys the rights to the show for an equal amount of money. You publicize transaction 1, you hide transaction 2. and the financial news has a 'real' story to continue the buzz.

no fake cops, no vince and Trump getting in a fight, make it a look all real and legit, and keep the buzz going. If the E could combine that kind of real media publicity with good booking we could see a resurgence the sport has been waiting for.

Well, it wasn't too high to begin with (roughly 13.25 as of Monday -- around the average for the last year if I'm not mistaken). Went down to about 12.25 following the news, but has since gone up marginally. As it stands, none of the investors seem worried about it. In fact, most seem confident it will perform up to par with what the market has historically done. They're doing well considering the circumstances.

Any drop that was related to the 'sale' would see the company bottom out (with people selling at a much faster rate).

I read somewhere that WWE's stock dropped after the storyline hit. I Guess people are believing that Vince is having money problems and needed to sell RAW lol. That or just coincidence.

Umm, every company's stock drops a point or two over the course of a day (or even a week). It's neither paranoia nor coincidence, it's how the stock market works. It's like saying 'I read somewhere that Microsoft's stock dropped when the clock struck 2pm. I guess people are believing Microsoft is having money problems at 2pm lol'. Zero correlation. If you track WWE's stock over the course of a full day, you'll see the price go up 2 points and go down 2 points over the course of the day, every day. That's just how the market works.

Archived