ECW New Revolution!

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/kevinomega/ECW%20diary/ECW.jpg[/IMG] [I]Editors' Note I just want to say that there are some great diary's here on this board in particular I'm a big fan of ECW by GhostDog, CarlitoCoool WCW and I like that WCC by Dunny as well. This is my second attempt at a diary , with my first one really being for practice.[/I] I will be using RAVEX data for my scenerio, which I have modified (I hope that doesn't offend anyone).To create a new wrestling world The WWE is still by far the king of the hill, but the battle for a new number 2 , maybe 3 and 4 is what is to follow. [COLOR=Red]TNA [/COLOR] Has signed some of the WWE latest cuts including Chris Jericho, Charlie Haas, Christian Reso, Matt Morgan, Maven and OVW prospects Brent Albright, Matt Capotelli, Seth Skyfire, Daniel Puder to help replace a roster that was depleted by.... [COLOR=Red]NWA[/COLOR] Ric Flair has left the WWE and bought up all the rights to the NWA and is reviving this promotion in the Mid Atlantic region. They have raided TNA' X division by signing AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Chris Sabin, Matt Bentley, Team Canada (Petey Williams, Bobby Roode, Eric Young and Scott D'amore) Americas Most Wanted in addition to signing away from the WWE James Gibson, Spanky and Paul London [COLOR=Red]GCW[/COLOR] Georgia Championship Wrestling has revived itself in the south east but is beginning very small but they have alotof money behind them. All three look to compete for the number 2 promotion in the States and eventually challenging WWE for the top spot [B]And Then there is my[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/logo_ECW.jpg[/IMG] [B]EXTREME CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING[/B] [B]The back story coming soon[/B]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Part I [B]PART I[/B] [I]Growing up a fan of the NWA, I lost my appetite for wrestling when NWA started to become sports entertainment (WCW) I craved some realistic hardcore wrestling action and after reading about some independant organizationout of Philadelphia, PA I ordered up myself a video and from that moment on I was hooked on ECW.[/I] [I]It was the emotion of the fans, the intimate setting, the unpredictleness, the wildness, alittle something for everyone; Lucha, technical, hardcore deathmatches, violence, storylines, characters. It developed the biggest cult folowing in my time as a wrestling fan and it only has seemed to grow through it's non existance. [/I] [I]And then it went away, purchased by Vince McMahon, the man who single handidly has ruin wrestling for me for over 15 years now. ECW its name, its characters, its library was his. The One Night Stand pay-per-view was such a memory filled evening, but deep down inside that all those pay-per-view dollars were going into his pocket and knowing with his ego that he probably wouldn't let anything evolve from its success because it wasn't his creation just didn't sit well with me.[/I] [I]So after years of being a wrestling fan and aquiring a substantial personal wealth through a career in advertising sales. I decided to make a large investment and attempt to start my own promotion. My goal is to make wrestling come off as true sport, yet fuel it with interesting storylines so that it appeals to the general wrestling audience.[/I] [I]So my first step was to place a phone call to a one Paul Heyman and pick his brain, show him my business plan, discuss with him my vision and to see if I could convince the evil genious to join with me in my crusade to create a new revolution.[/I] [B]Up next[/B] My meeting with [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/PaulHeyman.jpg[/IMG] [B]Paul Heyman[/B]

Impressive.....so far. ;) [FONT=Georgia][B][I]I must say that I am honored that you enjoy my diary. It makes me feel much better and lets me know that I am not wasting my time for writing this diary...for now I actually have FANS! But this isnt about me, its about you. And you are going on a good start! Keep it up. Who knows..you might have a better diary than I will! -Ghostdog the Cyber Samurai![/Font][/b][/i]

Part II Heyman meeting [I]I couldn't help but be extrememly nervous, here I was about to sit down and discuss a promotion I want to run and I'm discussing it with a man, who in my mind is the greatest mind in the business. I'm approaching my mid 30's and have dealt with many company executives for years and have become good at what I do and very confident in my sales pitch. However, In my private life I've been what you could say a "wrestling dork" and my palms are sweating and my stomach is in nots because I'm about to meet Paul Heyman.[/I] [I]I sat down at the table and like a kid meeting his hero, I bumbled over each and every word. I'm sure I came across to Paul as a complete mark who just happened to have a little cash to invest and instead of putting it into an IRA or money market account I wanted to invest in professional wrestling, needless to say my wife wasn't as enthused. [/I] [I]My proposal to Paul was simply I'm a fan of wrestling. I want to watch an incredible product and I'd like to have a role in growing, marketing and delivering this product for fans like me to enjoy. Like I've stated before ECW was a movement in pro wrestling that was copied by many including Vince McMahon. ECW had passion. ECW had guys going out and wrestling in front of a couple hundred of people at times and they busted their @ss for them like they would for a crowd of thousands. ECW was innovative. They had great realistic angles, interviews, shoots and matches. I want to bring that passion back and I want Paul Heyman to be the man to lead the way.[/I] [B]Heyman[/B] [I[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]]"Well, I am completely flattered and was hoping that "One Night Stand" was going to lead to a revival, but as you can see Vince has since torn it down by letting guys like The Dudley's and RVD go and putting me in charge of OVW basically just to prep the boys and get them ready for the "E".[/I][/COLOR] [B]Me[/B] [I]I have $500,000 dollars I want to use to geta product off the ground, I have experience in sales and promotions and that can be of value when it comes to getting perhaps some mainstream attention. I'm not aiming to tackle Vince all at once. I want to do is build slow and small, recapture the northeast region, perhaps starting with just 2 markets and grow from there. Create a buzz and sell some DVD's and then when the word spreads and we get bigger, little by little, we can give fans an alternative from Sports Entertainment and bring the sport back into wrestling and if, we can get a new version of ECW off the ground, I think we can do that[/I] [B]Heyman[/B] [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][I]"Wait a minute, you want to bring back THE ECW, you do know that Vince owns everything regarding ECW and will never let that go, infact he'd be a fool to do so."[/I][/COLOR] [B]Me[/B] [I]Yeah, I realize that and I've thought about starting a promotion under a new name or buying an existing one, but it just wont be the same if we dont have the ECW name behind it. With that name and you, we could throw me out there in a match and it will create a buzz because Paul Heyman and the ECW name are behind it. I figured you were the king of the double cross and remember your NWA title tournament double cross, where Shane Douglass won it and threw it down and proclaimed ECW as the real title and thought that was one of the greatest moves ever.[/I] [B]Heyman[/B] [[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I]"But that was a bunch of dumb f*c!< promoters that had their heads up their @sses, this is Vince McMahon who has some of the finest lawyers working for him, I dont know if its possible. Besides the men who made ECW just aren't the workers they used to be after years of abusing their bodies and of course the lifestyle that existed in ECW."[/I][/COLOR] [B]Me[/B] [I]Well, I'm not saying we have to bring back the entire roster, I'm not even saying we have to bring back the same style of wrestling. I just think we need a couple of familiar faces who can help tell our story and get the fans to by into our attitude, our philosophy, our state of mind, our product and eventually the product and the name will sell itself.[/I] [B]Heyman[/B] [[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I]"Who are you proposing to bring in?"[/I][/COLOR] [B]Me[/B] [I]It starts with you and the ECW name first, then trying to find a group of guys that will lay it on the line every time out, but not only that they need to bring something new to the table, we have to be able differentiate our product from others[/I] [B]Heyman[/B] [I][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"But the name, Vince just isn't going to let that go."[/COLOR][/I] [B]Me[/B] [I]When there's a will , there's a way. Your contract is about to expire with the WWE soon. Internet rumors are already running rampant of where your going next. I'm prepared to offer you a lifetime contract, because you will be the single most important person getting this movement started again, there is no financial risk involved for you and if we can get this to take off, we certainly can negotiate some ownership options. I think if we're going to have any success getting the rights to ECW from Vince we'll have to do it while you're still under contract and we can work some sort of swerve or angle on him and we need to start preparing that soon. In the mean time we need to start working on not only a roster, but a style that will help reflect our new attitude. I have set up a meeting with Terry Funk tommarrow, essentially just to pick his brain at what direction he thinks the industry is going and to just talk about wrestling in general. Are you coming with me?[/I] [B]Heyman[/B] [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"When does our flight leave?"[/COLOR] [B]Up Next[/B] Our Meeting with [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/TerryFunk.jpg[/IMG] [B]Terry Funk[/B]

Part III [I]When I made the decision to book a flight down to the Double Cross Ranch in Amarillo, Texas, I booked 2 seats because I was determined to leave my dinner meeting with Paul Heyman with a definitive "Yes, I with you" answer from Paul. So, over the next 5 hours on our flight from NY to Texas, I learned more about the sport of pro wrestling than I ever could've imagined. I've always considered myself pretty smart to the inner workings, but the lesson I got in just 5 hours put my basic knowledge to shame. We discussed everything from promos to selling to getting the crowd to buy into everything you do, to building a card.....Everything it was like a college course. It was wrestling 101 and if nothing ever comes of this at the very least I have my 5 hour plane trip with Paul Heyman.[/I] [I]We arrived at the Double Cross Ranch and this grizzled old-timer who is looking every bit of 60+ years old, who could barely move around, walking with a very noticable limp answered the door and said, "Only if we make the main event a 60 time limit and I finish off my opponent with a moonsault off the top through a table at ringside at the 59 minute mark."[/I] [B]Heyman[/B] [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][I]Now , Thats the Terry Funk I know" with his arms extended for a big hug[/I].[/COLOR] [B]Funk[/B] [COLOR=DarkGreen] [I]"Get away from me Paul, my damn hip hurts just moving so I'm not even thinking about antagonizing it anymore by hugging your sorry @ss. Boys what the hell are you hear for and what does it have to do with me"[/I][/COLOR] [B]Me[/B] [I]Well terry first let me say it's an honor just to get the......[/I] [B]Funk...interupting [/B] [COLOR=DarkGreen][I]Ah horse sh!t, cut the crap let's get down to business, You're starting a business, you're letting this guy who was just wonderful running the books for ECW handle it for you, so what do you want with me[/COLOR][/I] [B]Me[/B] [I]Well, Mr. Funk to be plain honest with you. I want to Bring back the ECW. We're going to have to start small because I only have 500,00 to work with and thats not going to scare Vince at all. Paul is going to be the face, the brains, the voice in getting it over and I'd like you to be involved in it as well."[/I] [B]Funk[/B] [COLOR=DarkGreen]"[I]Me! You want me! I'm sixty F'N years old. I have a plastic hip. I loved ECW as much as the next guy, but hell Candido, Pitbull 2, Big Dick Dudley, Rocco Rock, those guys are dead. Hell Sabu should be dead he's lucky he's still alive. Sandman, New Jack, Axl Rotten, Perry Saturn, Shane Douglass these guys can't work anymore and your not going to get Guerrero, Beniot, RVD away from the WWE contracts[/I].[/COLOR] [B]Heyman[/B] [I][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Terry we're not looking to bring the old ECW back, we're looking for a New Revolution to push ECW to a higher magnitude than it's ever seen before, but we really need a couple of familiar faces to help get the product over in it's early stages[/COLOR].[/I]" [B]Me[/B] [I]I was thinking more of a commisioner type role, more a voice, more of man that are new wrestlers can learn from in how to get over after all,, you've been doing it since the 60's and you're just as over today trancending many different stages in the sport.[/I] [B]Funk[/B] [I][COLOR=DarkGreen]I don't know guys, independants come and go all the time, just what direction are you going in[/COLOR][/I] [B]Me[/B] [I]That's why were here to talk to you, we'd want you to be involved with the direction of the company[/I] [B]Funk[/B] [COLOR=DarkGreen]"[I]To be honest with you, I think the industry is headed to the next stage. From the time that I broke in..to the cartoonish kids era...to sports entertainment and the attitude era... I think it's heading into a more realistic style, especially with the success of Pride and UFC, they are becoming a serious competitor of the wrestling business. I guess the closest thing I see is that Ring of Honor up there your way."[/I][/COLOR] [B]Heyman[/B] "[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][I]Exactly, we talked about ROH on the plane ride down and they got it right with the athletic, hard hitting more realistic style. We'd like to emulate that by making it more realistic, not quite a pure style, but great matches with new fresh storylines that aren't insulting, but give the people an entire different product than what the rest are putting out. We'd like to take a Ring of Honor Approach, but build on it with TV promoting events, and eventually work our way to pay per view and become a second viable option to Vince and in the meantime compete with TNA and Ric Flairs' new NWA"[/I][/COLOR] [B]Me[/B] [I]Make it sport, complete with statistics, win/loss records, win percentages, ranking system, more intense matches and submissions, yet combine that with a bit of old school flavor with the promos...[/I] [B]Funk[/B] [I][COLOR=DarkGreen]"Well if you got involved with Ring Of Honor than thats a great start, they have some serious talent there and really the only thing their lacking is exposure. Than that would be a great start"[/I][/COLOR] as he looks over at Paul on his cell phone....... [B]Heyman...[I]on his phone[/I][/B] "[I][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Hey Gabe, It's Paul we need to talk, get back to me as soon as you can."[/I][/COLOR] [B]Funk [/B] "[I][COLOR=DarkGreen]Gentleman, If you get ROH guys involved and lock in some markets and or TV then give me a call back and we'll go from there. But for now I got some television to watch[/I]"[/COLOR] As he pops an old VHS tape of a Dirty Harry movie into his VCR Funk settles in to his chair "Well, That went all right" I said to Paul as we walked out of the Double Cross ranch. Let's get working on this thing with ROH, after all it's all that has kept me into wrestling in recent years. Then all of a sudden Paul's phone rings [B]Heyman[/B] [I][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Hey, buddy what's going on, good to hear from you. So have you taken what I've said into consideration. That's just awesome. Let me, put you on with my partner."[/[/COLOR]I] [B]Me[/B] [I]Who is it? Is it Gabe Sapolsky?[/I] [B]Heyman[/B] "[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]No, for Christ Sakes I just called him minute ago, just take the phone"[/COLOR] I put the phone to my ear and all I hear is a screaching/shrieking .....[B]OH MY GOD!!!!![/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JoeyStyles.jpg[/IMG] [B]Next Up[/B] Meeting with ROH top booker Gabe Sapolsky ,Paul, myself and [B]Joey Styles![/B]

[B][FONT=Georgia][I]ECW without Joey Styles is like Black girls with no @$$es!!! I mean imagine ECW One Night Stand without Styles commentating but having Jim Ross commentate instead!! I hope Funk comes back!! That dude is harder to kill than Jason Vorhees!! (Chu Chu Chu...Hahahaha) -Ghost [/I][/FONT][/B]

Great start mate, I enjoyed reading the backstory and loved the dialouge between Funk and you(more, more, more!) I especially like the fact that you've modded the data a bit yourself to create Flair at NWA, a little more on that though, is the TNA belt knwon as the TNA world heavyweight now same with the tag belts? I'll be reading dude:)

Part IV [I]"Joey has agreed to a lifetime deal with our new promotion, your very much welcome" Paul said to me. Of which I replied, "Paul you cant just go spending my money, without me knowing." "OK, you want to bring back ECW, you want to relive the tradition, the memories, the aura that made ECW the cult following that it was, we can't dig Gordan Solie up from his grave and put a headset on him and I'm afraid Mean Gene Okerlund just isn't going to pull it off as a voice of the new revolution. If there was one F'N guy your vision cant be without it, it's Joey F'N Styles." Paul emphatically stated. I then bowed my head, realized what an @ss statement I just made and replied in the most apologetic mode, "I'm sorry Paul".[/I] [I]It was off to the ROH offices where we were going to discuss some talent acquistions with ROH head booker Gabe Sapolsky. During our flight back from Texas, Paul enlightened me on Gabes schooling as one of his proteges in ECW and we talked about what a phenominal product ROH has put on during the last 4 years. And then began to questionhow do we propose purchasing a product that has become Gabe's baby and has developed a sense off pride that we can only dream of accomplishing once again. We didn't even have a plan, it was basically were going into Gabes office and we'll just see where it goes from there.[/I] [I]We arrived at ROH offices and ran into announcer Jimmy Bower, he said he would go get Gabe for us.[/I] [B]Paul[/B] [I]"[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Gabe, what a great thing you're doing here with ROH, now shut it down and sell all your wrestlers contracts off to us, so we can use your roster as the base for our new ECW[/COLOR]"[/I] [B]Gabe[/B] [I]"[COLOR=DarkRed]What???? Are F'N kidding me![/COLOR]"[/I] [B]Paul[/B] [I]"[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Well I took my shot, hoping it could be that easy, can't blame me for trying.[/COLOR]"[/I] [B]Me[/B] [I]Basically Gabe, we want to bring back ECW. We know we cant do that and survive for a long time with a roster full of old ECW retreads, so we need a new youthful base of great wrestlers who demanding ECW fans will learn to accept. We need the hardest workers we can find and afford and when we went down a list of who we can afford and who fits are criteria as far as talent and dedication goes basically, what we came up with was the Ring Of Honor roster.[/I] [B]Gabe[/B] "[I][COLOR=DarkRed]So basically what your saying is you'd like me to shut down, what I've built up over the last 4+ years, turn my back on some of the most faithful fans, some of the most dedicated wrestlers, who would essentially give their left arm for me, so you, a man who has zero experience in wrestling can live out this pipe dream of bringing back ECW?!?!?![/COLOR]"[/I] [B]Paul[/B] [I]"[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]That's correct[/COLOR]"[/I] [B]Me [/B] [I]Paul Please....Obviously it's not that simple. I am a uge ROH fan, my ROH DVD library and old ECW tapes is all the wrestling I've watched for years. Basically our formula is ECW name and reputation + your roster + Pauls mind + some new philosophies = an extreme option to Vince's sports entertainment and with no disprespect, a potential larger fan base than you have yet to see.[/I] [B]The door knocks..........[/B] [B[I]]Hey guys sorry I'm late, I've got some fantastic news!!![/I][/B] [I]as Joey Styles walks into the room[/I] [B]Joey[/B] [I]"[COLOR=DarkGreen]Stone Cutter media which helped produce our old ECW television and who I worked with in MLW is on board and is ready to help produce our TV"[/COLOR][/I] [B]Paul and Me simultenously[/B] [I]What TV????[/I] [B]Joey[/B] [I][COLOR=DarkGreen]The TV show that we are going to be airing on a weekly basis on MSG network based solely on Paul's name, my name and of most importantly the ECW name, which everything is contigent on. MSG is desperate for programming especially since they are losing the Mets who are starting their own network and hockey ratings still being down. Obviously, we will have to pay for our production costs, but the time slot is free, MSG will get a percentage of advertising revenue for the show[/COLOR].[/I] [B]Paul and Me simutaneoulsly[/B] [I]What percentage?[/I] [B]Joey[/B] [I][COLOR=DarkGreen]100%, but we have access to reach 8 million people that we can try to get to come to our shows......and oh yeah we have to have at least 1 show in the NYC market per month, and the deal is for only 1 season[/COLOR][/I] [B]Paul...looking over at Gabe[/B] [I][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]MSG is is allowing us to reach 8 million consumers on a weekly basis, without even a pilot tape, without even a roster in tact, without even a product, basing their decision solely on the reputation of 2 men, imagine what we could do by putting guys like Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, Homicide, Austin Aires on in front of 8 million people a week. We could drive them to the venue where they'll pay alot of money to watch the matches and then while they're there we can tell them to buy our DVD's which drives them to Gabe Sapolsky web-site because he is our official distributer and while they are there, they see Ring of Honor product which which opens you up to a larger potential consumer audience and then you make more money and you can afford to bring in more big name japanese wrestlers on a more consistant basis, more guys like Kenta Kobashi who just headlined one of your biggest events, more guys like Kenta and Naomichi Marufuji. Maybe Jushin Lyger comes back for a longer run. Then maybe someday ROH and ECW co-promote a big pay per view, adding more revenue...That's just one scenerio, the potential is there[/COLOR].[/I] [B]Gabe[/B] [COLOR=DarkRed]]....................................................(long pause).......................[I]But your asking me to give up all my talent and give up the storylines that have detailed out months in advance[/I][/COLOR] [B]Me[/B] [I]Gabe, I'm not asking you to give it up. What did you do when Paul london left...Did you give it up, no you created new stars...What did you do when Spanky, James Gibson and CM Punk left....did you give it up? No, you created more stars. You already seen some of them work for TNA in different storylines than your running. We just want to do the same, except we feel we need to get some exclusive written contracts, because we need to establish some of these workers as our new identity. We dont want them to be seen elsewhere, they have to watch ECW to see these guys. And perhaps with the others we can do some sort of cross promotion and give guys a couple of extra pay days as long as our storylines dont conflict. But it is crucial that we get at least that core that belong solely to us. We need that new breed of wrestlers that will be known as the new generation ECW. So, yes I'd like to have your entire roster under written contract, but we'll offer a large portion of them pay-per-appearance deals, but with a group of 8 we have identified and yeah they're your biggest stars, we'll be off and running[/I] [B]Hours later after many phone calls and deep conversations and sole searching the new proposed ECW had 7 of the 8 targeted men under written contract[/B] [B]Paul[/B] "[I][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]We'll call them the Magnificant Seven[/COLOR][/I]" Welcome to the New Revolution [B][I]Welcome aboard[/I] Austin Aires, Nigel McGuiness, Jimmy Rave, Roderick Strong, Bryan Danielson, Alex Shelley, Jay Lethal[/B] [B]The Tough Part [/B] Getting that name [B](ECW[/B]) from Vince!

Part V [I]Things seem to becoming together nicely. Joey Styles has been working on getting us television clearance in the Philadelphia area and it looks like we are going to get on local station WGBN in addition to our MSG deal in the NYC market. We will tape for Extreme TV every Tuesday with the show airing on Thursday nights. We'll be on at midnight on MSG and shooting for an 11:00 slot on the local Philly station. Paul and I have come to agreement to run two events per month to start with 1 in Philly on the first week of the monthand one in NYC on the 3rd week of the month for the first couple of months of operation. We will use our TV more as a vehicle to drive people to the arenas. [/I] [I]We're also going to implement a top 5 rankings which will be based on won-loss records (which for the first time that I know of will be made common knowledge to our fans), strength of opponents and other assorted circumstances (such as important pinfalls in tag matches and other match stipulations)[/I] [I]We've got our first 7 wrestlers all signed to written contracts 1. Austin Aries, 2. Nigel McGuinness, 3. Jay Lethal, 4. Bryan Danielson, 5. Alex Shelley, 6. Jimmy Rave, 7. Roderick Strong. Paul has been referring them as "The Magnificent Seven" We got 7 of the 8 guys we spoke with ROH owner Gabe Sapolsky about and are still holding out hope for bringing that 8th.[/I] [I]A few other ROH wrestlers are going to work on some pay-per appearance deals and of the ones that I can mention now BJ Whitmer, Colt Cabana and Jimmy Jacobs should all be making appearances at our debut shows.[/I] [B]And most importantly a plan has been put in place to get the ECW name[/B] as Paul walks into our office [B]Heyman[/B] "[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]It looks like it's a go! We're going to run with it, at the next pay-perview. It will be live and it will put Vince on the spot in front of millions."[/COLOR] [B]Me[/B] [I]Do we have enough people in place to pull it off?[/I] [B]Heyman [/B] "[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][I]Absolutely not! Especially since Bubba Ray and Devon are in TNA. It's going to have to just me and Tommy. But a few others I've spoken with solemnly swear that they won't do anything, but dont want me mentioning their names, not even to you[/I][/COLOR]" [B]Me[/B] [I]Do you think it will work?[/I] [B]Heyman[/B] [I][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]It's a shot in the dark, but Vince 's ego is so big, that I can almost guarentee him responding on live television[/COLOR][/I] [B]Me[/B] [I]What about the payoff?[/I] [B]Heyman[/B] [I][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]It's going to be huge, we're are going to have our work cut out for us and we're going to have to make some serious cash in the next 5 years. This is going to come off as one of the biggest shoots in years and it actually is only going to give them a new or old storyline to feed off of for the quite some time[/COLOR][/I] [B]Me[/B] [I]Where does that leave us?[/I] [B]Heyman[/B] [I]"[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]It leaves us with a "we've got no choice but to succeed, it leaves me with a burned bridge that might never be able to be repaired and eventually will leave us as a huge target, that Vince will probably want to squash. Are you sure you're ready for this, because there is no guarentee that the fans are even going to buy into us and we might have a huge debt owed to a pretty powerful family[/COLOR]"[/I] [B]Me[/B] [I]God, I just hope the ECW fans are ready to accept our magnificent seven as "the best wrestlers in the World"[/I] [B]Heyman[/B] "[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Me too, otherwise its going to be an excrutiating next couple of years"[/COLOR] next up [B]The plan unfolds[/B] [COLOR=DarkRed]Editors note[/COLOR] [I][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]You gave me hope and are a reason I'm still a fan. I feel selfish because I'm going to miss you as the performer, while many others will miss their friend, father, husband, family member. You are an icon in this business, influencing more people then you probably ever could've imagined. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you've done for me and entertaining me for years[/COLOR].[/I] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/EddieGuerrero.jpg[/IMG] [B]Rest In Peace Eddie Guerrero[/B]

Part VI [B]Setting[/B] [COLOR=DarkRed]The basement of my home sitting in my chair watching WWE Pay-Per-View The Great American Bash [/COLOR] [I]Vince Mcmahon is in the middle of the ring doing an extended promo, on heck I'm so wrapped up in this plan and seeing unfold I dont even have the slightest idea what angle he's working, when it begins.[/I] [I]Pau Heyman with Tommy Dreamer carring a sledgehammer at his side are trying to make their way through the crowd to the ring. There's no pyro, no entrance music, Paul doesn't even have a mic, as he's screaming through a mega-phone. Vince looks stunned, the cameras cut to JR and King, who begin to announce that Paul Heyman is trying to crash the show, but we can hear Paul's voice in the backgroud.[/I] [B]Heyman[/B] "[I]When is this going to end Vince? Are you just going to use your money to buy up every up start wrestling organization that poses a threat to you regardless of how big or little they are? We just ran "One Night Stand" and the ECW crew completely blew all projections away. i thought maybe could roll with this, maybe we could get a brand extension, but all we got is thank you for the dollars we put into your pocket and now we're going to release The Dudley's from your contract, we're going keep Rob Van Dam off camera, and we're goingt to send Paul heyman to OVW to try to work with a bunch of over sized, body building prima donnas who absolutely have no business in the ring, much less the dollars your paying them. Vince, I want ECW back, I want all the rights to ECW so I can give the fans what they want and thats an alternative to the stupid sh!t you've been force feeding us for years!"[/I] [I]The cameras cut back to the ring just as Vince begins to talk[/I] [B]Vince[/B] [I][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Gee Paul, let me see what kind of chance there is that I'd give up the exclusive rights to a wrestling organization that fans, still to this day will shell out $29.95 to see a bunch of has beens and never were's. That chance of that happening Paul is...........[B]NO CHANCE[/B][/COLOR][/I] [B]Vince[/B] [I][COLOR=Navy]Oh and Paul, one more thing, Your'e Fiiiiiireeeeeeed!!!!!!!!!![/COLOR][/I] [I]As security, along with Shane McMahon. Triple H, Sgt. Slaughter, Gerald Brisco, Tony Garea all run down to the ring[/I][B]Heyman[/B] [B]Heyman[/B] [I]I figured as much Vince, and to be honest with you I've had it, working for an organization that takes a talented wrestler and turns him into a retard or informercial exercise guru, or cuts a talented wrestler so we can have his roster spot replaced by the boogeyman.[/I] [B]Heyman[/B] [I]Vince, I've never proclaimed to be a fighter, and I've never proclaimed to be a tough guy, but I would be willing to die in the ring, for a chance to fight you for the rights to the ECW name. And Vince the only way you'll be able to beat me, is to kill me. [/I] [B]Vince[/B] [I]Paul, thats cute and all, you coming out here, showing your passion for ECW and everything, but why would I put one of my great assets at stake for a low-life piece of crap, like you![/I] [B]Heyman[/B] [I]Well Vince, because if I cant win the ECW name than I'd rather fade into oblivion, I will give you exclusive marketing rights to the name Paul Heyman, to the name Paul E. Dangerously and I will retire from the sport never to be heard from again anywhere. I'll sign a no-compete clause for however long you want to make it. I will disappear and never be heard from again. You make the match, the fight, any kind you want and I;ll agree to the terms, to whatever that is right here and right now. What's the matter Vince, are you afraid I'm going to kick your @ss, or are you afraid I'm just going to outsmart you. Which one is it?[/I] [I]Shane McMahon leans over whispers into the ear of Vince as he confides with several of his trusted road agents[/I]. [B]Vince[/B] [I][COLOR=Navy]Let's do this right here, tonight and lets lower this steel cage and the ring surrounded by lumberjacks, of my choosing, so dont expect to see any of your ECW cronies in there. And the match will be a handicap match You vs Me & Triple H.............My terms, the ECW name and rights for your life.....So guess what kind of chance you have Paul........[/[/COLOR]I] Vince's music "No Chance" starts as Vince struts away with his henchmen as Paul remains in the ring with Tommy Dreamer. [COLOR=DarkRed]The Match[/COLOR] The cage is lowered, The lumberjacks come out. It's Slaughter, Briscoe, Garea, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, JBL, Kane, Randy Orton, Batista, Jon Cena surround the ring as Paul makes his way into the ring. Vince then enters the ring with Triple H, Shane & Stefanie Mcmahon are at their side. Lillian Garcia makes the introductions and announces the stipulations, If Vince wins, Paul agrees to a 10 year no compete deal and gives up his name as intellectual property to the WWE. If Paul wins he wins the rights to the ECW name. [I][COLOR=DarkRed]The Bell rings[/COLOR][/I] [B]Triple H starts hulking over Paul, Vince closes in as the two prepare to jump Paul and make short work out of the biggest shoot of the year, when suddenly Triple H turns towards Vince and hammers him right in the face with a closed fist, bloodying Vince instantly. Triple H then mauls Vince to the mat and covers him. Paul Heyman jumps on top of Triple H as, he's holding Vince to the mat. Referee Mike Chioda is stunned and makes an extremely slow count as Triple H begins to yell at him. One............Two............Three......... The count is made before Cena, Orton and Angle can get into the ring[/B] [I]Its over, a state of confusion is cast upon the crowd of thousands inattendance and tens of thousands watching on pay-per-view, including myself who despite knowing what was going to go down, cant believe that it actually happened. Paul Heyman has won the rights to the ECW name, are plan can go through. Our TV contracts will now go into effect. The name and logo are ours, the history, the characters are all ours. I cant believe Extreme Championship Wrestling is back and I cant believe I helped make it possible.[/I] Up Next [B]The Story behind The Story[/B]

Part VII [B]The Story behind the Story[/B] [I]After watching, what seemed like the biggest shoot/swerve ever to be seen on live pay-per-view, Paul Heyman defeated Vince McMahon to win the rights to the name ECW, thanks in part to a cheap shot by McMahon's tag team partner Triple H[/I] [I]It came off as a legitimate shoot, right down to Paul entering with a mega-phone, the camera cutting away, security entering the ring. Shane and Stephanie supporting their father, not to mention a stiff punch to the face bloodying Vinces nose and the post match interviews[/I]. [I]Shane had stated that pro wrestling was pasing his father by, and that he couldn't keep up with the public demands and tastes[/I] [I]Triple H stated "it was the best thing, just to get Paul out of the WWE, so what if he starts ECW again, we'll suash him anyway, because he doesn't have the resources to keep up with us[/I] [I]Stephanie wa caught in the middle, do I side with my husband or my father[/I] [I]And now Vince had a brand new storyline to roll with, a power struggle within the family, with Vince pushing his style and Shane wanting his style. The shoot set up the WWE with a storyline that they can get years woth of mileage out of[/I] [B].........[I]not to mention the deal they got from myself, Paul Heyman and the new ECW.[/I][/B] [I]Paul was his usual persuasve self and was convincing that if ECW could provide a new revolution, a new push for the sport, it could help revitalize the entire industry. "Competition will bring out the best from the both of us", he stated. A push in the industry is what the McMahon's need. Wrestling has gotten stagnate, UFC is becoming more and more popular and has begun to serve as an alternative to viewers growing tired of pro wrestling. TNA and Ric Flairs new NWA serve as a monor competition, but now will be joined in the dogfight for the number 2 promotion in this country by ECW. The competitve battle for number 2, ultimately will fuel the industry and hopefully ignite a spark back into the WWE. Not to mention the financial aspect of the deal Vince will get from the new ECW.[/I] [I]WWE still has exclusive rights to all old ECW footage, for it's library, it's 24/7, its merchandising capabilites. They also have the option to retain the rights, once again in 5 years time, unless We "The new ECW" pay for the rights. [B]That payment will have to be paid in full in 5 years......That amount is $20 million dollars!!![/B][/I] [I]The McMahons don't have the confidence in us, they believe we can help build the industry, but ulitmately in the end we will not be able to meet their $20 million dollar price tag. If we do, the $20 will be all that we have and then they would just be able to trounce us anyways[/I]. [I]We've got our work cut out for us. We need to make $20 million dollars in 5 years or risk losing it all again. We're starting with 2 local cable deals and 2 live shows a month. Our name alone, will get us a little recognition, but we're going to have to put out a great product, with smart business decisions if we want to survive......and.....there is no guarentee that Vince wont do everything in his power to make our time difficult. We have a talented group of wrestlers set to debut, most of which also work extensively with ROH, so we're not even sure how that relationship will play out. There is 2 other companies (TNA and NWA) tring to vie for a piece of the same audience. [B]The odds are stacked up against us, but it's time. It's time for the NEW REVOLUTION TO BEGIN....IT's BACK!.....IT'S THE NEW EXTREME CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING........ITS THE NEW EC "F'N" W!![/I][/B] up next [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/logo_ECW.jpg[/IMG] [B]See how the New Revolution unfolds[/B]

Game World Just to let everyone know what were up against (I'm not sure of proper etiquette when it comes to using others Data, I modified The RAVEX data slightly to unfold my new wrestling world...I hope this doesn't offend the RAVEX guys) because with your update, none of this would be possible and I completely commend RAVEX on their fantastic job) [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]TNA is starting off with a C in prestige, including having a B- everywhere in USA. The roster includes a few recently released WWE stars, such as Chris Jericho, Charlie Haas, Matt Morgan, Christian Cage (Jay Reso), Maven as well as a few WWE developemental wrestlers like Brent Albright, Seth Skyfire, Matt Capotelli in addition to 3 Live Crew, AMW (who also will work for NWA) Monty Brown, Abyss, Jeff Hardy, The naturals, The Dudley Boys as well as a few others[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]Ric Flairs new NWA is starting out with same amount of $$$ as we have ($500,00), He raided TNA's X division signing AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Team Canada, Chris Sabin, Matt Bentley as well as WWE Cruiserweights Paul London, Spanky, James Gibson in addition to AMW and some other youngsters like Ray Gordy, Todd Sexton, Jacey North, Seth Delay, Caprice Coleman. Jim Cornette is the head booker, Arn Anderson also works for them. They're starting with a C- prestige in the mid atlantic region[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen]Ring Of Honor prestige remains high even though several of their wrestlers have signed written deals with ECW, They have C- prestige in Tri-State, New England, Great Lakes. Many of their current wrestlers are still under pay-per-appearance deals[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkOrange]Georgia Championship Wrestling is trying to make a name for themselves back in the Georgia area. They have little prestige and talent behind them,but are starting with quite a bit of money[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]The AWA is back and starting very small in the Great lakes area, Full Impact Pro is ago in Florida, All the California Independents are around, as is IWA Mid South, Heartland Wrestling, Jersey All Pro, Chaotic Wrestling, Border City, IWA Puerto Rico, not to mention, 4 Japanese promotions that are existant in our game world and that's New Japan, All Japan, Pro Wrestling NOAH, and Dragon Gate.[/COLOR] It's going to be an intersting next 5 years in my modified world of Professional Wrestling [B]I hope you enjoy[/B]

What can I say? [B][I][FONT=Georgia] What can I say about Oldschool's diary? I guess he brings out the best in me..his and Carlito's WCW diary. I mean just when you think mine gets good, his gets better!! Kind of like the Benoit/Booker T best of 7 matches that they had in WCW. Those were classics. That what I compare OS and My diary too...cuz they dont suck. Its just that we are neck in neck everytime we write..kind of like , "Can you top this??" So I will keep reading.. Ghost [/FONT][/I][/B]

Extreme TV Episode #1 [I]1 hour show taped on Tuesday' at the ECW Arena, for broadcast on MSG in NYC and WBGN-TV in Philadelphia on Thursday nights[/I] [COLOR=SlateGray]Dark Matches[/COLOR] Shane Hagadorn beat Pelle Primeau 6:31 [COLOR=Red]Rating E[/COLOR] Tommy Dreamer beat Derrick Dempsey 4:21 [COLOR=Red]Rating C[/COLOR] [I]The show begins with with the cameras panning the crowd of the ECW arena and then to ringside fans as "The guy with the hat" and "sign guy" taking their usual seats....quick cut to the ring were we see Joey Styles standing taking in all the atmosphere as the crowd chants ECW....ECW....ECW....ECW!!!!![/I] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JoeyStyles.jpg[/IMG] [B[I]]"Oh My God!!!!" [/B] Screams Joey as the crowd now goes into a Jo-Ey Sty-Les clap...clap...clap, clap, clap.....Jo-Ey Sty-Les clap...clap...clap,clap clap chant[/I] "Welcome back to the E...C...W...arena for Extreme TV, I am your host Joey Styles and tonight we begin the re-incarnation, the rebirth , the new revolution of ECW right here every Thurday night on your TV. At this time I'd like to introduce to you the brainchild of ECW...Paul Heyman [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/PaulHeyman.jpg[/IMG] [I]The "This Is Extreme" Theme begins to play as Paul Heyman makes his way to the ring[/I] "It's great to be F'N back, and Vince Mcmahon could only dream of having this kind of emotion on one of his lame TV programs." "Tonight we usher in a new era of ECW, and I know that many of you dream about yesteryear, bringing back all the names that made ECW a name, just isn't possible, because guys like Sandman, Sabu, Shane Douglass, Perry Saturn just cant go in the ring at the rate YOU FANS Demand. So I've scouted the nation for a new breed of athlete to usher in the New Revolution and at this time I'd like to introduce to you the "[B]MAGNIFICENT SEVEN[/B]" At this time [B]"Thunder Kiss"[/B] by [B]White Zombie[/B] blasts over the ECW arena and making their way to the ring all wearing Black ECW T-Shirts are Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Alex Shelley, Jay Lethal, Jimmy Rave and Nigel McGuinness Heyman then introduces one by one the members of the [B]"Magnificent Seven[/B]" [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/AustinAries.jpg[/IMG] [I][B]Austin Aries[/B] "This man is a former ROH champion and is one of the most well rounded wrestlers on the planet, a man who can do it all! Whether it's in the air, on the Mat, quick strikes, great speed he is The Extreme Wrestling Machine![/I] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JimmyRave.jpg[/IMG] [B]Jimmy Rave[/B] "[I]This man, at such a young age, has become such a master of mind games tha he may be able to convince all you fans that he is more hardcore than Cactus Jack or Tommy Dreamer, so just imagine what he can do to his opponents[/I] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/NigelMcGuinness.jpg[/IMG] [I]"6 foot 4 235 lbs of amazing european wrestling expertise and if that doesn't work, he swings a mighty fine IRON this is [B]Nigel McGuinness[/B][/I] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/roderickstrong.jpg[/IMG] "[I]You will never believe how many ways you can have you're back broken until you watch the hardest hitting 215lb'er in wrestling and the "Messiah of The Backbreaker" [B]Roderick Strong[/B]![/I] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Hydro.jpg[/IMG] [I][B]Jay Lethal[/B] "He's just 20 years old and already unquestionably one of the finest pure athletes to grace the ring and guess what...He's only going to get better.[/I] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/AlexShelley.jpg[/IMG] [I]"The man, who has talent, on loan, from God. Mr. Can-Do-It-All [B]Alex Shelley[/B][/I] [I]At this Point Heyman realizes that only 6 of the 7 are in the ring and says to the others where's Dragon? Roderick Strong then hands Paul Heyman a note, which states, "I am the finest wrestling speciman on this planet. I am the man that people will pay an extreme large dollar amount to watch perform on any giving night, So with that in mind I will not be appearing for free on Extreme TV, and if these sorry group of fans what to see the American Dragon in action they better start saving up their empty beer cans, take them back to a recycling center and buy a ticket for one of bi-weekly events in either Philly or NYC signed American Dragon Bryan Danielson[/I] [I]The Crowd goes into a Bullsh!t chant when all of a sudden Alice in Chains [B]"Man In The Box"[/B] begins to play over the sound system.[/I] [B]Tommy Dreamer[/B] is then seen leading a quartet of wrestlers to the ring. The fans mob the entrance way as [B]Dreamer, Stevie Richards, Steve Corino, Justin Credible and Lance Storm all make their way to the ring[/B] [I]Upon entering the ring [B]Dreamer[/B] grabs the mic from Paul Heyman and says, "With no disrespect Paul, there is a group of alumni he who think your comments about the broken down wrestlers of the old era is a bit unjustified"[/I] [B]Stevie Richards[/B] [I]grabs the mic and states, "yeah with no disrespect guys we were headlining pay per views and winning world titles in the old ECW while you guys were popping zits, growing pubic hair while fantasizing about wrestling in front of 50 internet marks in a lame @ss ECW ripoff called Ring Of Honor[/I] [I]As the wrestlers begin to stare each other down and talk trash to one another [B]Paul Heyman [/B] steps between all of them and says what a way to kick ff the debut of Extreme TV, We'll have an 8 man tag match as the main event, so choose your teams[/I] [COLOR=DarkGreen]Commercial break[/COLOR] [B]MATCH #1[/B] Rating [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Tajiri.jpg[/IMG] [B]Yoshihiro Tajiri [/B] beat [B]Jimmy Jacobs 8:34[/B] [I]Heyman went back to the broadcast booth to join Joey Styles for the play-by-play. Tajiri was accompanied to the ring by Mikey Whipwreck. Jacobs was playing a ****y heel gimmick wearing mascara and painted finger nails. The finish saw Jacobs try to steal tajiri's thunder by blowing mist at Tajiri who ducked and had it hit John Finnegan. Tajiri then went to blow mist at Jacobs who turned around to avoid it but had mist blown in his face by Mikey Whipwreck. Tajiri then hit several buzz kicks and covered for the pin[/I] [COLOR=DarkGreen]Commercial break[/COLOR] [B]Match #2[/B] Rating [COLOR=Red]D[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/SterlingJamesKeenan.jpg[/IMG] [B]Sterling Keenan[/B] beat [B] Anthony Franco 2:48[/B] Keenan won in this squash match with a STF. The crowd was pretty dead for the match.. During the match [B]Allison Danger [/B] was walking around ringside flirting with making eyes at Franco and after he was squashed in match, Danger looked concerned for him until delivering a big slap across his face and then hugging Keenan as the two began to laugh.Allison then announced she was forming a "REAL" DANGERous Alliance taking a shot at Paul heyman and that her "Franchise" Player was Sterling Keenan. [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/AllisonDanger.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR=DarkGreen]commercial break[/COLOR] [B]Match #3 The Main Event[/B] Rating [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/SteveCorino.jpg[/IMG] [B]Steve Corino, Stevie Richards, Justin Credible and Lance Storm[/B] beat [B]Jay Lethal, Roderick Strong, Austin Aries and Alex Shelley[/B] [B]9:45[/B] [I]Jimmy Rave stated he did not sign to wrestle tonight and wasn't about to risk his career teaming up with men not as qualified as him. The other 5 drew straws with Nigel getting the short end and he stood in their corner. Tommy Dreamer stood in the corner of the veterans.[/I] [I]During the match the veteran side outthought, outsmarted and outplayed the younger foursome, However the finish occured when everything broke down into a brawl with wrestlers all over the place and suddenly[B] HOMICDE [/B] and [B]LOW KI[/B] came out of the crowd to approach the ring. Joey Styles and paul heyman thought that they were there to interfere on behalf of their Ring Of Honor alumni. While the referee was distracted Homicide pulled a fork out and stuck it in the head of Jay Lethal who then in pain was met by a Stevie Superkick and rolled up by Steve Corino to get the pin at the 9:45 mark[/I] After the match [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Homicide.jpg[/IMG] and [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/LowKi.jpg[/IMG] made their way throught the crowd to the announce booth. Where Joey [I][B]Styles asked[/B], "What are you doing here?" [B]Homicide replied[/B]," I'm here to kill some m*therF'ers [B]Homicide[/B] "We got a bunch a traiter pansies who left ROH without takin care of business, so we came here to start some, Rotweilers for life, we're taking some punk @sses out![/I] Homicide and Low Ki stood looking very Pissed Off in front of the camera as the show came to an end

Archived