What if..........

alden

Have seen this before and i think this is a good comunity for it........Basicly somone picks a what if situation in wrestling and it will give something is talk about.

The first one i think is a big one........

What is hulk hogan never joined wcw thus leading to no nwo.......

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have seen this before and i think this is a good comunity for it........Basicly somone picks a what if situation in wrestling and it will give something is talk about.

I think WCW would have never been as big as it was and would have been bankrupt before ECW probley

Who's to say nWo isn't formed anyway? They still had Hall and Nash play The Outsiders, they would have just used someone else to be the "Hero Who Turns His Back"

Does Hogan stay making movies? Or does WWF draw him back in?

I like these kind of threads, I got a bunch of hypothetical situations myself.

Hmm, well if he never joined WCW, I doubt they ever would've gotten the exposure they've gotten. They probably would've kept trying to draw in big guys and whatnot and maaaaaaybe someone else would've been at the forefront of nWo.

That's only on that scale. We can't forget also how Hogan was quite the politicker, so.. not sure if Hall or Nash would've gotten the same amount of pull in the back. Then again, I'm not sure of their status when they were The Outsiders, so bleh.

But the lack of Hogan in WCW hurts less if he's not in WWF either. With Hogan assumed "done" in wrestling, maybe that would bring other guys up a rung. And maybe certain things don't happen with Hogan not politicking backstage.

Sure, I don't know (nobody does) what all happened behind the scenes, but maybe no Hogan is better long term for WCW.

I'd like to see if they still do the nWo with Savage or someone else turning heel.

What If WCW ended up buying WWF back in the day ( i know it would have never happend but what if.)

Uh... damn, no idea. Seems too big a hypothetical situation really, seeing as the buyout damn near changed everything and has caused so many consequences and factors which we don't know how they would fare if the opposite situation happened.

I mean that would include Vince being out of business, and WCW misusing WWF's top stars, etc...

I think answering that question would be more suited under a diary. :p

Uh... damn, no idea. Seems too big a hypothetical situation really, seeing as the buyout damn near changed everything and has caused so many consequences and factors which we don't know how they would fare if the opposite situation happened.

I mean that would include Vince being out of business, and WCW misusing WWF's top stars, etc...

I think answering that question would be more suited under a diary. :p

The diary I have just started at EWB is quite similar. Although not in 2001 when WWF bought WCW after the AOL/TimeWarner merger. I set it in late 1994 because McMahon had just gone through some of the all-time low revenues, spending millions on legal battles both steroid and sexual harassment, and Hogan went to WCW earlier that year as well. So it's in that area where Ted Turner was in full control and spending money, WWF running low on cash (cutting salaries by 40%), and generally the most opportuned time for such a buy-out to have occured.

The difference is that in my diary I'm keeping the brands completely seperate. Because at the time there was no Nitro (until Fall 95) and Raw was the only weekday Primetime wrestling program, so it still had that going for it on USA. Also, Wrestlemania - while down as well with the company - still has that cache to it. So to think they'd get rid of any of that would be foolish.

There are tons of what-ifs to if WCW would have bought WWF. Especially at this point as it was about at the point where we transitioned from Kayfabe to internet news sites.

What If Ted Turner has the urge to get back in the wrestling world and take over TNA

Then use my mod available at bobinc its not perfect and I will tweek it in the future but it is fun. bucket loads o money all originals on 3 year written all non originals and dev talent on 2 years and ROH is the dev territory hehe.

I think Bischoff has stated that the original idea was actually to have Sting be the one betraying WCW and joining nWo, and that Hogan sort of snatched the role from Sting when he heard about it. So I could definately see an nWo even without Hogan... would it have been as big initially? Perhaps not. But without Hogan and his politics, it could possibly had been a better (and not so infinite) storyline in the long run.

I think Bischoff has stated that the original idea was actually to have Sting be the one betraying WCW and joining nWo, and that Hogan sort of snatched the role from Sting when he heard about it. So I could definately see an nWo even without Hogan... would it have been as big initially? Perhaps not. But without Hogan and his politics, it could possibly had been a better (and not so infinite) storyline in the long run.

I've never seen this theory before. Where did you hear this? Fascinating. I can't imagine it being seriously discussed to be honest, because Sting was always WCW's top babyface, even when Hogan was in town.

The only names I've ever heard as being the third man were Bret Hart (1st choice) and HBK which is a debated rumor still.

Edit: Geez, that idea would have rocked to be honest. I'm a big Sting mark and him turning heel back then would have been epic.

Ahem not at that time as crow sting came about because of the NWO he was Power and Paint Sting back then.

Yeah I was going to point this out but opted not to. He wasn't really "Power and Paint" though anymore either. It was a weird time for Sting. Had the nWo storyline not come along to let him reinvent his character, he might have floundered pretty badly.

Ahem not at that time as crow sting came about because of the NWO he was Power and Paint Sting back then.

Ah fair point, I got into WCW around '98, so I only ever associate him with the whole black and white getup. If anything, i think of 'blonde surfer Sting' as a different guy altogether weirdly enough.

I've never seen this theory before. Where did you hear this? Fascinating. I can't imagine it being seriously discussed to be honest, because Sting was always WCW's top babyface, even when Hogan was in town.

The only names I've ever heard as being the third man were Bret Hart (1st choice) and HBK which is a debated rumor still.

I'm afraid I can't recall where I heard it... it could be somewhere on these boards, it could be in an interview... dunno. Sorry.

Edit: Geez, that idea would have rocked to be honest. I'm a big Sting mark and him turning heel back then would have been epic.

Yeah I've always loved the guy as well - though I (as one of the few, it seems) actually prefered his surfer-ish gimmick to the crow-ish gimmick.

Archived