The King gets it handed to him

GatorBait19

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/LeBron-gets-dunked-on-by-Xavier-player-confisca?urn=ncaab,175293

pretty much a soph. dunked over Lebron and now Nike took all the videos of it being done.

Not sure if this is true, but they say Lebron is the one who asked nike it take care of it.

What do you think if this is true?

Personally I think it shows Lebron thinks he is better than what he is, he wants a championship, but won't take a pay cut to help the cavs go out and spend money, not only that but Shed, Ariza, and Artest didn't want to be on a team with him or Shaq.

Eh doesn't surprise me. NBA players are such prima donna egomaniacs and only seem to be getting worse.

So a kid dunked on him ... he should just live with it or better yet let the kid use the video to try to establish himself. Trying to hide all evidence is just pathetic.

Personally I think it shows Lebron thinks he is better than what he is, he wants a championship, but won't take a pay cut to help the cavs go out and spend money, not only that but Shed, Ariza, and Artest didn't want to be on a team with him or Shaq.

All of that... LOL! Wow.

I think they made the best point on ESPN lately by saying how LeBron not signing an extension (if he is going to stay in Cleveland) is hurting him alot b/c yeah he wants to wait until next summer and get a big contract but at the same time why as a player would you want to sign a multi-year contract when LeBron might not be there next year and if they win a title Shaq could retire so the team would suck and you would be stuck?

Well, the salary cap might go down as much as 8 million for the summer of 2010. A lot of these big names will likely not get the deals they were looking for.

On topic, another reason to hate LeBron. Whenever he makes a halfcourt/full court shot in warm ups he's all about getting that video out there for everyone to see. May he fail in his quest to get a ring.

You guys realize that there are "Max Contracts" in the NBA. No team can outbid another.

Maybe the Cavs would have more money if they didn't waste it on other players.

LeBron = 15 Million.

Big Z = 11.5 Million (no defense, hurt too much)

Mo Williams = 8 Million (not bad for the money really, but still a lot.)

Daniel Gibson = 4 Million (really? 4 million for what?)

Shaq = 21 Million (not the guy he was in Miami, definatly not the guy he was in LA)

This doesn't even include Ben Wallace, Drew Gooden, the horrendous Wally Serbiak (i know i spelled it wrong) contract.

They got Shaq 4 months too late. If they really wanted to make a run and add someone, why didn't they before the trade dealine? Now they are stuck with Shaq starting this year, who only gets older.

The Cavs have wasted these years with LeBron. I hope he comes back, I don't see why he would want to. Go to a team that will build around its star young player (see OKC Thunder and Kevin Durant)

Wallace is gone to Phoenix, and Gooden is a free agent from SA now (unless Cleveland is still on the hook for Gooden, because they aren't for Wallace).

And NO WAY does LeBron leave to go to OKC. NY would be bad enough, but Oklahoma City? I think no.

Well, the salary cap might go down as much as 8 million for the summer of 2010. A lot of these big names will likely not get the deals they were looking for.

On topic, another reason to hate LeBron. Whenever he makes a halfcourt/full court shot in warm ups he's all about getting that video out there for everyone to see. May he fail in his quest to get a ring.

I think the fact the salary cap might decrease may send lebron overseas for that 50 mil a year deal

I was bringing up Wallace and Gooden because they were killing the Cavs cap the last couple of years.

When I mentioned OKC I was talking about how they handle Kevin Durant. Bring in more younger talent and build a core of talent around him.

I see what you mean. But OKC is atrocious. And especially nowadays, you need to win the ring ASAP.

On a somewhat related note, Odom might be going Portland, since signing him at $8M, the Lakers would end up going almost $22M over the luxury tax (which they'd have to match dollar to dollar at the end of the year...they are paying $9M I believe this year).

You guys realize that there are "Max Contracts" in the NBA. No team can outbid another.

Umm, you might wanna do some research before stating this. While the Bird rule does exist (and would apply to LeBron), you're looking at things in a very (VERY) myopic manner. No matter what the Knicks offer vs the Cavs, LeBron stands to make MUCH more money playing in (hello?) NEW YORK than in Cleveland. That factors in. He'd be likely to take less than a max contract knowing he'd more than make that up by being the star attraction on the highest profile team in the country's largest market. Signing with the Knicks gives him a guaranteed additional endorsement deal (who owns the Knicks?) that could be signed separate from his playing contract. If the cap falls to say $50 million, LeBron would take a pay cut on paper (last year of his contract with the Cavs is for 17 and change) but could more than make that up the moment league revenues go up by inserting an opt-out clause. Assuming the players association doesn't drink the owners' Kool-Aid (JIM JONES! JIM JONES!!!) and the new CBA makes sense, opting out within the first 3 years gives him an option of getting a salary exceeding 20 million with annual increases that could take him into A-Rod territory by the end of the contract.

Cleveland's got no shot at keeping LeBron unless they give him a title. Small markets need to know their place IMO.

Nike covering up the footage didn't have to be at LeBron's request, though I wouldn't put it past him. I can recall the GOAT getting straight hammered by a journeyman Knicks guard but in the end, who's got 6 rings and ownership of an NBA franchise and who's happy to coach a CBA or NBDL team? Can't expect the young bucks to look at the big picture. Too much pride involved. :)

I know that LeBron can stand to make more money in New York (even though a Chinese company owns some of the Cavs now, and the Chinese have boatloads of cash), I was stating that LeBron's salary cap salary won't really be much of a factor, as there is only so much a team can offer him (Though him and Shaq making over 20 mil a year can get out of hand).

IMO, Nike should take the heat for the video getting pulled, it'll make their company take a hit, but keep James' image better.

I mean, Nike taking it down is one thing, but LeBron being a little baby and crying about it is a TOTALLY different can of worms.

If Nike doesn't take the rap, someone in his posse should, just to keep their cash cow as clean as possible.

Well, even in Cleveland he's outperforming what A-Rod makes in endorsements by almost 5-to-1. He doesn't need to go to NY. And with the cap dropping, a worst case scenario for the Knicks would have them with about $10M less in cap space than they anticipated, meaning they'd only be able to sign LeBron and not a sidekick. And to be a part of a re-building process in NY? If he wants a ring, being the only option in NY is probably not the way to go. Then again, for that alone, hopefully he DOES go to NY.

I think the cap is way too high as it is in basketball

50 something million for a total of 15 players? That makes an avg. of 3.33 million for each player on a team!

http://www.jbomb.com/top-10-nba-players-salaries-2008-2009-season/

7 of the players aren't even the best players at their positions, let alone top 5

Jermaine O’Neal 2nd highest paid player in the league and hasn't been anywhere near the top since his third to last year with the pacers

Marbury hell what can be said here but Thomas really doesn't know talent

Francis hasn't been relevant since his last year with the Rockets before he was traded to Orlando

Shaq still a good player but I wouldn't call him top 5 in his position, (Howard, Duncan, Garnett, Yao, Amare) I have Shaq 6 maybe 7

McGrady can't win in the playoffs and can't even get on the court now a days

Iverson should have never left 76ers

Kidd, still good but age caught up to him.

But anyways I see guys get mega contracts who don't deserve it

Hedo Turk. Was getting 7 million from the magic, but when he signed that contract he was avg like 7 points a game, then opts out so he could make 3 million more a year.

Not only that, in the nba it's fine to go over the cap you just pay, so teams like the Knicks, Celtics, Lakers, and any other big market team can pretty much go over it, where others can't

If Lebron really wanted to win a title, than stay with the Cavs and take a pay cut, you can make it up with Nike

Archived