To sim forward a few years unemployed then take control of an existing company? If not, why? Having been bored with 2008 I skipped to 2010 and things are looking much more interesting, and I'd love to start a game as SWF or TCW right about now but don't see any clear way...

To sim forward a few years unemployed then take control of an existing company? If not, why? Having been bored with 2008 I skipped to 2010 and things are looking much more interesting, and I'd love to start a game as SWF or TCW right about now but don't see any clear way...

You can get booking jobs by applying the same way as normal.

You can't simply force your way into a position just because you want it, if that's what you meant.

If you want to do that, pro tip would be to set your avatar's reputation to the highest level possbile so you actually get hired. If you try doing it at medium or less you might get passed up as the AI will hire other characters with better booking reputation.

You can get booking jobs by applying the same way as normal.

You can't simply force your way into a position just because you want it, if that's what you meant.

Why not? You can do that at the start :(

And ok...I'm playing as The Grand Avatar, should be alright once something comes up, could be tedious in the meantime though xD

I've done the same thing as you Shape. You can wait things out, or, you could always go to the editor and change things.

Find the company you want to take over, and then change their current Bookers contract to 1 day, he'll leave and you can apply. Even with your booking rep at Greatest you may not get the job though. Just rinse and repeat until you do.

I've done the same thing as you Shape. You can wait things out, or, you could always go to the editor and change things.

Find the company you want to take over, and then change their current Bookers contract to 1 day, he'll leave and you can apply. Even with your booking rep at Greatest you may not get the job though. Just rinse and repeat until you do.

I like your thinking, cheers ;)

I like your thinking, cheers ;)

When all else fails, make sure auto-save is off and edit anyone who gets hired before you's booking rep down.

Tried it with Cornellverse '97. Started unemployed, edited the contract of Sam Keith to last only one day, short term. He left SWF, leaving the Head Booker position! Went for it but Larry Wood got it instead. BUT. Now I can't alter the contract of Larry Wood since somehow his PPA contract with SWF doesn't show in the contracts in the in-game editor :o So basicly you have to get it right in the first time. So my advice would be copying the savegame multiple times so that you would always have a clean save from where to start alternating the contracts, just make sure to keep track with what you altered so that when you do get hired, you can alter atleast something back to normal.

EDIT: A-Ha! He was under the Kaos alternative character. So basicly you can edit the current Head Booker's contract as multiple times as you want to in the end.

Guess what.

I DID IT. :cool: After Larry Wood, Shane Sneer and Awesome Thunder, I'm now the Head Booker of SWF. After having created Blood relationship with Richard and Jerry and a Loyalty with Peter Michaels + Setting my popularity to the max, based in the US, booker reputation to the highest from the editor + Respect & Psychology..

So .. It is possible. :p

2012, first attempt, lost out to Corporal Doom...the second time, wait for it. I, maxed out Grand Avatar of awesomeness was defeated by...BART ****ING BIGGZ.

Just quit man :p When you lose to Bart Biggz in Head Booker application, it's over, you're done for. Did you remember to set up your booking reputation up (From the business menu when viewing your user character), aswell as the relationships etc? And are you based in the US?

Lowered it to around the C+/B- range, not sure what exactly I should be going for. Steve Flash and James Justice have also been preferred thus far. But eventually law dictates I will be chosen, so I shall persist :o

edit: Woo! Giant Redwood got in the way but once he was toppled I have successfully got the job. Thanks guys :D

Archived